Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

I could swear I remember him saying on screen at some point that he wasn't attracted to her.  Otherwise why should that sound so familiar to me?  Now he's lying and trying to spin this as her fault.  Typical.

• Like 8
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I could swear I remember him saying on screen at some point that he wasn't attracted to her.  Otherwise why should that sound so familiar to me?  Now he's lying and trying to spin this as her fault.  Typical.

I have a vague recollection of him mansplaining his hurtful remarks about Christine's nacho eating manners as he so unkindly mentioned in their book.

This was his opportunity to turn this around.  He could have said something like...I was a superficial fool in those days, I judged Christine on something very trivial and failed to recognize her wonderful qualities as a wife and mother.  She can eat tacos any damn way she wants to.

Instead, he doubled down on his cruelty as if the viewers/readers should have empathy for all he has had to tolerate.

• Like 4
  • Love 4

Kody is so gaslighting Christine in that video clip. I have been doing a rewatch and it is really eyeopening to go back and watch knowing everything we know as viewers now. The signs were all there.

This was hard for me to watch because my ex, who now I have come to realize  was a covert narcissist, would gaslit me and my kids all the time. And when we tried to call him out on anything - even when we had the evidence in hand, he would still deny it and twist the story around and make us think we were the ones who were lying. 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 6
6 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I have a vague recollection of him mansplaining his hurtful remarks about Christine's nacho eating manners as he so unkindly mentioned in their book.

I seem to recall this happening in one of the talking heads during or at the end of a season. So not just hurtful to Christine, but re-humiliating her on camera in front of her sisterwives for the world to see. A caring husband does not do that.

Kootie chose polygamy. Christine was brought up in it and of her role models thought 3rd (and last) wife was the least objectionable spot to be in the only type of family she knew.  It is also interesting that at ~15 Leo was the only child who said they wanted sisterwives. Perhaps just to gain favour with the parents, but perhaps because Leo could not envision themself stuck alone in a monogamous marriage with a controlling narcissitic man.  It is sad that some people grow up not feeling that they should aim for what they really want in life instead of the least worst option that they feel they have. The only good thing to come of this show is that the Brown family finally saw what options were available.

Edited by deirdra
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6

In a live Christine did with Truely today, she said she’s been living in Utah for a year. It was November of last year when Christine and Kody announced their split on Instagram. I know it’s only a difference of a few months, but I found it interesting.

• Like 2
  • Useful 7
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

In a live Christine did with Truely today, she said she’s been living in Utah for a year. It was November of last year when Christine and Kody announced their split on Instagram. I know it’s only a difference of a few months, but I found it interesting.

That makes sense. The rumors from snoopers and snarkers speculating on a move to UT were out at least a month before C&K's announcements.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I believe they announced the split when they did because a new season was starting and it would become obvious.  It drummed  up interest in viewers. 

• Like 5
Just now, deirdra said:

I seem to recall this happening in one of the talking heads during or at the end of a season. So not just hurtful to Christine, but re-humiliating her on camera in front of her sisterwives for the world to see. A caring husband does not do that.

Kootie chose polygamy. Christine was brought up in it and of her role models thought 3rd (and last) wife was the least objectionable spot to be in the only type of family she knew.  It is also interesting that at ~15 Leo was the only child who said they wanted sisterwives. Perhaps just to gain favour with the parents, but perhaps because Leo could not envision themself stuck alone in a monogamous marriage with a controlling narcissitic man.  It is sad that some people grow up not feeling that they should aim for what they really want in life instead of the least worst option that they feel they have. The only good thing to come of this show is that the Brown family finally saw what options were available.

Kody has never been a caring husband. He has become more brutal and mean, but I remember thinking how self-centered he was in season 1. It was all about ME. My wives, my house, my kids, I want etc. We also had the infamous courtship and marriage with Robyn, and him constantly leaving his other wives to sort out his newly created mess. Not to mention his neglect of Christine and his new baby.

What you say about Leon sounds interesting. Here’s my take: Leon used to be very religious which must have influenced the thoughts about polygamy (and quite possibly as it being the only “right” choice in life).The other kids never cared much for their religion. Also, Leon was the only child of the SW-queen. Leon never saw the negative sides to polygamy as Meri always had enough money to fulfill any wish and the two of them never had to fight for Kody’s attention. They had the best and came first for a long time, so I can see why Leon considered such a ‘blessed’ life. It wasn’t until Vegas where both of them started to suffer from their lifestyle. Their choice of house and complicated behaviour chased Kody and the other siblings away. Mom was pushed off her throne and lost almost all her privileges. That may have opened Leon’s eyes to the reality of polygamy.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I think her house sold in August last year.  Perhaps Kootie didn't realize that she was gone until November.

31 minutes ago, Canadian Girl said:

Christine looks now, like her mother looked in the first seasons. That isn't a dig, both beautiful women. It's just interesting to see the aging with the passage of time. 

She could start reverse aging now that she has less stress. I've seen people who looked 10 years younger after retiring.

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Was Meri too busy to show up to Coyote Pass for the photo shoot so they used a close shot with a blurred background?

All of them look like they were shot in front of blurred backgrounds.  Meri probably didn't want her body in the photo. The cloudy skies are an inspired choice by the photographer.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

I can’t say the photos look inviting. All look gloomy, unhappy, dissatisfied even. How are they going to draw people in when looking like that? Apart from people like us who have called the show a train wreck for ages..

• Like 7
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

This season’s promo pictures, in the order they were shown;

3D0CF4B6-1747-4423-8B38-5E3FF27281C1.jpeg

4131B297-F39E-4DCB-85E1-17ABB8CADA82.jpeg

3F2970BA-3AA5-496B-93FF-BE51E7D44FFD.jpeg

75B2079B-B3D9-429E-99D9-1EEECEADE5B8.jpeg

E6348715-538F-4017-AB2C-64754D8AAFBC.jpeg

I dunno but that just makes me wanna run out and join a polygamist family.  So much joy…..  NOT!!!!!!

• LOL 15
5 hours ago, LilyD said:

I can’t say the photos look inviting. All look gloomy, unhappy, dissatisfied even. How are they going to draw people in when looking like that? Apart from people like us who have called the show a train wreck for ages..

Most everyone loves a good train wreck. 😁

• Like 7
  • Wink 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Most everyone loves a good train wreck. 😁

I’m openly one of ‘em. I’ve been waiting for this family to implode and for at least one of them to leave — my wish has come true. I’m here for it.

At least something has breathed life into this stagnant show that didn’t have anything to do with Meri. I feel like a lot of other viewers are over her cryptic bullshit social media persona — she’s all talk but doesn’t do anything. Meanwhile, quiet Christine packed her shit and actually did it. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Additional
  • Like 3
  • Love 12
On 8/29/2022 at 10:29 PM, ginger90 said:

This season’s promo pictures, in the order they were shown;

3D0CF4B6-1747-4423-8B38-5E3FF27281C1.jpeg

4131B297-F39E-4DCB-85E1-17ABB8CADA82.jpeg

3F2970BA-3AA5-496B-93FF-BE51E7D44FFD.jpeg

75B2079B-B3D9-429E-99D9-1EEECEADE5B8.jpeg

E6348715-538F-4017-AB2C-64754D8AAFBC.jpeg

What the heck is Robyn doing? Instead of clutching Pearls, fondling her wedding ring? Yes we know biatch, you stole the husband of the only legal wife. No need to rub it in..

Edited by Pooky
Spelling error
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

I think the show is still Sister Wives. Its still showing the dynamics of a polyg family. This family happens to be falling apart and I assume many polyg families fall apart. So to me anyway, the premise is still the same.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 8/28/2022 at 10:19 AM, Sandy W said:

This was his opportunity to turn this around.  He could have said something like...I was a superficial fool in those days, I judged Christine on something very trivial and failed to recognize her wonderful qualities as a wife and mother.  She can eat tacos any damn way she wants to.

Instead, he doubled down on his cruelty as if the viewers/readers should have empathy for all he has had to tolerate.

On 8/28/2022 at 4:32 PM, deirdra said:

It was written about in the book and is left its legacy on youtube with the only known mini clip from this long ago tell all that has been scrubbed from the internet. Christine looks like she wants to crawl under a rock, but is forced to "laugh it off" and Robyn and Janelle look at their lord adoringly...

• Sad 13
  • Thanks 1

I really hate how the talk show host didn't want to drop the subject. Did she really have to ask twice if Kody was grossed out by Christine? Really, she was so rude and horrible. Christine looked so humiliated, I felt so sorry for her.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

In the clip, Kody explains that Christine had been saying for a year that she was going to leave him. But Christine has already disclosed that it’s been yEArs since they slept together. So the very reason she has been threatening to leave is the excuse he gives for not sleeping with her. This is diabolical. And if one is not comfortable with such terms, then it is manipulative, immature, stunted, limited, small, and gross.  If any of this garbage is true, it appears that Kody wanted to be free of Christine while tricking her into staying for the show. This means Meri and Robyn were in on this trickery since we know they were tattling, whispering, and sharing secrets al a high school lunch room. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Just Wondering said:

In the clip, Kody explains that Christine had been saying for a year that she was going to leave him. But Christine has already disclosed that it’s been yEArs since they slept together. So the very reason she has been threatening to leave is the excuse he gives for not sleeping with her. This is diabolical. And if one is not comfortable with such terms, then it is manipulative, immature, stunted, limited, small, and gross.  If any of this garbage is true, it appears that Kody wanted to be free of Christine while tricking her into staying for the show. This means Meri and Robyn were in on this trickery since we know they were tattling, whispering, and sharing secrets al a high school lunch room. 

I also feel Kody wanted her to stay but just be “out of his way”, keeping quiet. As far as Meri goes, it wouldn’t surprise me if she were in on some way to keep Christine there. Of all people, the one who was gonna leave. If she’s in on this, fuck her. She’s like a bullied kid in school who joins the bully in bullying others because she thinks it will raise her status. If aliens invaded, she’d be turning in her fellow humans so she could avoid being targeted.

Meri is a loathsome human being and I suspect she is deeply jealous of Christine for being genuinely brave and strong. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, Elodia said:

I really hate how the talk show host didn't want to drop the subject. Did she really have to ask twice if Kody was grossed out by Christine? Really, she was so rude and horrible. Christine looked so humiliated, I felt so sorry for her.  

The host obviously knew the story so I think she asked Kody twice to get him to say the parts he left out in the first description, I think the host wanted the viewers to see and hear for themselves what a putrid asshole he actually is…. And it worked he just kept flapping his pie hole, sinking his ship while Christine’s sister wives who are supposed to love her sat there loving every minute of it because it wasn’t them being humiliated and dragged through the fire….. they looked like lovestruck teenagers all googly eyed over their first boyfriend and Christine looked gutted. 😍😍😍😢

still pisses me off that even after shit like that Christine still whisper baby talked and called Kody her “wonderful man” while gobbling any scraps that dropped off Robyn’s table plus she still allowed him to treat her children like shit while fawning all over Robyn’s spawn, it blows my mind that even after all that Christine still wanted to have sex with the pig even though he’d made it crystal clear that all he wanted was sleep, no hanky panky.

he’s now done the same to Meri, NO SEX for you!!… he told Meri that sex is for people who are in love…. And what does she do??…. She stays and shamelessly throws herself at him, flirting, begging and praying he might throw her a bone at some point in the future…. She drools all over Robyn and her spawn in hopes of pleasing Kody, meanwhile Robyn and Kody probably laugh themselves to sleep at night thinking about how desperate and pitiful she is. 😂🤣

I predict the same outcome for Janelle, there’s no way Kody is tapping that ass!… but Janelle hangs in there growling at his ponytail and pelvis while fawning all over Robyn… bringing her gifts, consoling her crocodile tears… please bitch don’t piss on me and tell me it’s raining! 🙄

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
33 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

still pisses me off that even after shit like that Christine still whisper baby talked and called Kody her “wonderful man” while gobbling any scraps that dropped off Robyn’s table plus she still allowed him to treat her children like shit while fawning all over Robyn’s spawn, it blows my mind that even after all that Christine still wanted to have sex with the pig even though he’d made it crystal clear that all he wanted was sleep, no hanky panky.

This X 1000.

Edited by Cetacean
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 6

All 5 of the Browns were/are game players. The wives are like daughters trying to be daddy's favorite, while Kody and his ego sits back and enjoys the ride. Meri marked her place as the first (real) wife, Janelle as the laid back brainy wife and Christine as the bubbly always happy wife. In walks Robyn and they're all re-jockeying for position. Rather than coming together to figure it out, the wives all become defensive, possessive and knocked each other down to elevate themselves, which never works.

IMO, each wife and Kody owns at least part of the fucked up mess known as the Browns.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

All 5 of the Browns were/are game players. The wives are like daughters trying to be daddy's favorite, while Kody and his ego sits back and enjoys the ride. Meri marked her place as the first (real) wife, Janelle as the laid back brainy wife and Christine as the bubbly always happy wife. In walks Robyn and they're all re-jockeying for position. Rather than coming together to figure it out, the wives all become defensive, possessive and knocked each other down to elevate themselves, which never works.

Game of Thrones, Polygamy Edition

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 8/13/2022 at 8:51 AM, Sandy W said:

On second thought, she may not be someone I would take financial advice from as a small business owner.

Neither would I. My cousin is a bookkeeper for small businesses but is a very organized person and takes her laptop with her when traveling visiting relatives all across the US. The first thing she asks is - can I have access to your WiFi to check on emails & requests from clients? She uses a secure VPN and does payroll, travel claims, purchase requisitions & invoices as well as budgets & taxes for them, so there is always something that can't wait a day, much less a couple of weeks for her to ease back into her routine after travelling like Janelle does.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

e told Meri that sex is for people who are in love…. And what does she do??…. She stays and shamelessly throws herself at him, flirting, begging and praying he might throw her a bone at some point in the future….

He indeed said that and if he meant it, and I think he does, he confessed to us all that there is no marriage/relationship to Janelle either!

Y'all remember that awkward conversation when he didn't really wanted to answer the host's question whether he was in love with Janelle?

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Elodia said:

THANK YOU!!! The host was so rude, I mean I understand maybe you bring it up once, but she just kept going.  We know Kody’s a jackass, but she didn’t help.

• Like 6

Season 17 is coming up. 9 days!! Here are my random thoughts. Why pick Nine One One? Just odd, imo. They are so hyping this!! All the sneak peeks! My Q- will there be any content we haven't seen? 

And.. instead of a 3 part Tell (not) All, I want  3 part 90 min each throw down between Christine and Kody. She'll win. 

Anyway, that's what I wonder, and what I wanna see. 

• Like 2
  • Love 7
40 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

My Q- will there be any content we haven't seen? 

Considering the number of brilliant sleuths we have out here, I doubt the show is going to tell us anything new. We'd know if they started building. We'd know if they'd sold the lot. We know Christine moved to Utah and sold her CP land to Kody. We're not supposed to know about Avalon yet but we already know she's having twin brothers. (I could go on and on but I won't)

But, there is a chance they'll come up with another idiotic twist or lie that no one is expecting nor going to believe in. but since that would be based on lies only, it doesn't matter I guess.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

Considering the number of brilliant sleuths we have out here, I doubt the show is going to tell us anything new. We'd know if they started building. We'd know if they'd sold the lot. We know Christine moved to Utah and sold her CP land to Kody. We're not supposed to know about Avalon yet but we already know she's having twin brothers. (I could go on and on but I won't)

But, there is a chance they'll come up with another idiotic twist or lie that no one is expecting nor going to believe in. but since that would be based on lies only, it doesn't matter I guess.

Yes, we'll see Mykelti and Tony  in Labor, Janelle in a tiny trailer. Smore fests with J&K, Christine packing her own things, hopefully not reminiscing on camera. And hopefully TLC won't play flashback clips with sad music. 

• Love 8

Kootie told Meri that sex is for people who are in love at least twice, once in the car (I think it was on the way to/from their once-a-year anniversary dinner) and again on lawn chairs at Plague Pass.  Christine would have seen these and more to know he would have nothing to do with her either.

• Sad 2
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, deirdra said:

Kootie told Meri that sex is for people who are in love at least twice, once in the car (I think it was on the way to/from their once-a-year anniversary dinner) and again on lawn chairs at Plague Pass.  Christine would have seen these and more to know he would have nothing to do with her either.

Is it at least a little possible that Kody had/has issues in the performance department and therefore coming up with excuses to cover his issues?

• Like 2
  • Wink 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4
9 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Is it at least a little possible that Kody had/has issues in the performance department and therefore coming up with excuses to cover his issues?

I wouldn't doubt that Kody has problems getting it up for Meri, Janelle, and Christine, because he doesn't really want to have sex with them.  

He's probably fine when it comes to Robyn.  For her, he'd get the purple pill in a heartbeat if necessary.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

I think he hates them all except Robyn, plain and simple. He doesn’t want to even try with any of the others. 

• Like 4
  • Love 5
56 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I think he hates them all except Robyn, plain and simple. He doesn’t want to even try with any of the others. 

It seems as if he's reached the point where he can't be bothered to even go through the motions of pretending he still subscribes to the polygamous life.  

Janelle may be allowed to linger on as a friend of the family but she will be on her own financially and as a parent.  Christine has made her exit as gracefully as possible, that only leaves Meri to dispense with and she is still buzzing around like an annoying gnat.

This just HAS to be their final season, the whole premise of the show is gone and it's time to wrap it up.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 12