Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E18: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

(edited)
42 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I love she is being dragged on twitter for this mess now

But she doesn’t even have a doctorate so she ISNT a “doctor” of anything  she has a masters not a doctorate to even claim the title ..she is intentionally muddying the water 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 9
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1
48 minutes ago, Rorysmom said:

I thought AM's voice was slightly raised, but she was not yelling at her in the way that Sutton implied. To me, Sutton said it in a way to call out/admonish aggressive behavior and tone. That's where I see the comparison. Sutton's intent was more deliberate to me than Dorit's. And if Sutton weren't Garcelle's friend, or if it had been Dorit instead of Sutton, Garcelle would have said something, even if she thought AM was handling herself just fine.

I think it had more to do with the nonsense AM was spewing about Sutton's esophagus. 

2 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

It isn't unacceptable for a white woman to tell a Black woman she is attacking her, if that is in fact what is happening. It is, however, problematic when a Black woman is calmly explaining something and a white woman, who doesn't like what she's saying for whatever reason, labels it as anger or an attack. That's what Garcelle was trying to explain. And it probably "triggered" her because it happens often to Black women in every space that we are in and particularly around certain white women. Just because you don't experience it or notice when it happens doesn't it mean it doesn't occur. And it also wasn't the first time that Dorit did something like this. Garcelle had every right to call her ass out on it, especially when the original point Garcelle was trying to make about her kids wasn't even directed specifically at Dorit, but rather to the entire group in general. 

Thank you! And Dorit was the only one who got her knickers in a twist over it with her "it's been a year" and other bullshit. 

Oh, PK, I'll miss your humor when Dorit's gone!

• Like 12
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

But she doesn’t even have a doctorate so she ISNT a “doctor” of anything  she has a masters not a doctorate to even claim the title ..she is intentionally muddying the water 

and even if she did have a doctorate, it wouldn't make her an MD, which is the credential/education level she is trying to pass herself off as having

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Like 15
  • Applause 1
5 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

But she doesn’t even have a doctorate so she ISNT a doctor she has a masters not a doctorate to even claim the title .. 

that’s the craziest part of that video clip. I have a masters but now the nurse anethesists (which she is again calling an anesthesiologist) need to get doctorates, so, see, that means we’re doctors! No, they have doctorates; you do not. She is still doubling down on calling herself a doctor and then getting mad about people pointing out that she is not in fact a doctor. Someone who cares about her really needs to sit her down and level with her that she’s only attacking herself here to be mad about being faced with facts about her education level and job title. aside from all that, with this new requirement to have a doctorate, I wonder whether she’s going to lose her distinction now unless she goes back to school? (Thoughts and prayers to any nurse anethesists with a doctorate who have the misfortune of working alongside Annemarie and need to deal with her inferiority complex!) The other crazy thing is saying the constant disrespect of nurses. Absolute bullshit. Four years post COVID every hospital near me still had those big banners and yard signs saying 🌟Healthcare Heroes Work Here🌟 Nurses have become the new military wherein everyone is tripping over themselves to thank nurses for their service.

• Like 16
  • Applause 2
3 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

and even if she did have a doctorate, it wouldn't make her an MD, which is the credential/education level she is trying to pass herself off as having

She’s intentionally trying to muddy it .. Technically anyone with a doctorate is a “doctor” that’s what she is trying to rely on .. she would be sued IF she said this to a patient and they reported her .. she would lose her license.. 

• Like 8

Honestly, the more Annemarie talks, the worse it gets. I thought it was possible Crystal misheard or misunderstood, but now it really does seem like Annemarie wants to be a doctor.

Nurses are awesome Annemarie. I feel safer with one around, and I'd be proud of being one if I were. It's a beautiful thing to take care of people. I'm a wuss and can't handle what nursing entails. You're one of the most educated Housewives, and I don't think anyone is trying to take that away. It's pretending to be something you're not so you can further weaponize your medical knowledge that is the problem. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

The accusation that someone is yelling/screaming is a Housewife go-to move used to interrupt and belittle the person you angered. Heather from NY is a frequent user of this tactic, especially against Shannon in her earlier seasons.  Never noticed Sutton using it before that scene with AM, but she wasn't yelling. However, AM Was aggressive in that she kept confronting Sutton about her medical issue.  She incessantly brought it up with the others, and basically mocked her for it while implying it was from an eating disorder.  So, her energy was definitely aggressive and that might be why Sutton felt she was getting yelled at.  I don't think it was about her race.

AM was also bitchy with her 'ill get to you' 'we'll get to that'. I don't think we saw her ever being fun or interesting the whole season. That's why I don't want to see her next season. She's sour. And negative.  

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Crystal was commenting on a post of her Sutton and G sitting together at the reunion

Crystal is ACTIVATED now.. I mean I guess thank you Anna8.5 cause she is not letting up 

IMG_8050.jpeg

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 1
  • LOL 20
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Whoa! 

This is exactly why medical doctor associations are so opposed to other healthcare professionals being able to earn doctorate degrees if it means they'll be legally able to call themselves "Doctor" and introduce themselves to patients as such. It's blurry enough in social settings but it's misleading and dangerous in a healthcare setting. If I'm at medical office and someone in scrubs comes in and says "Hi, I'm Dr So and So" I will assume they're a medical doctor, not a nurse. 

My primary care is a nurse practitioner. I love her. I know she's an NP, I always find it weird when the office staff refers to her by her first name when talking to patients. I feel like she should at least be called "Nurse First name". But not doctor.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

So Kyle is upset that Dorit didn't stand up for Teddi at Bravocon?? Is she serious? I can't with this woman. 

This is what she does .. she pits friends against each other it’s like her version of hunger games …

• Like 15
  • LOL 5
9 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

This is what she does .. she pits friends against each other it’s like her version of hunger games …

That's the "Big Kathy Modus Operandi" and Kyle employs it with expert skill.  I can't help but wonder (tm Carrie Bradshaw) if she does this to her own daughters.  I'd have to believe she must.  Do we have any tea on how her daughters get along?

I just found this whole season and this reunion...meh. Other than being fully over the willfully ignorant buffoon that is DOORit and wanting her off my TV, I don't think I really care about seeing more of any of these people's lives. I guess watching Sutton and Garcelle being actual friends is fun...ish.  

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

and even if she did have a doctorate, it wouldn't make her an MD

Just a data point:  APRNs don't get doctorates; they get a degree called "Doctor of Nursing Practice" (DNP.)  

I have no idea whether AnneMarie has a MSN (Master's of Science in Nursing) or a DNP frankly.  But if she has a DNP, she's entitled to use the honorific "Doctor."

Physicians are "Medical Doctors" (hence "MD.")  They do not have a monopoly on the use of the word "doctor" no matter how much the AMA would like you to think they do.😀

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

LOL! This reminds me of my "friend" who said he had a graduate degree. Come to find out, he DID NOT have a graduate degree. When I asked him about it, he had a LOT of reasons for why he said he had a graduate degree (none of which were because he had one). He said that his brother has a graduate degree, and he is smarter than his brother and they do they same type of work, so he is valid saying he has a graduate degree. He then said that the school he went to was harder than other schools where you get a graduate degree, so he basically had one because his school was hard. He also said that because of lot of people that do the same job he does have graduate degrees, that makes him pretty much having one. I see this logic in AM. She works with and does the same type of work as doctors, so she is basically a doctor. 

I think though everyone should just agree that AM is a doctor so this will die. Once people accept or admit to something (AM will NEVER admit she is not a doctor), people stop talking about it. Poor bulimic Crystal can't get anyone to care about her ED since she talks about it so much. BUt if she trie dto hide it, everyone would talk about it. 

The person that most clearly started Sutton and the eating disorder thing was Kyle, with bashing her/calling her out on pushing her food around on her plate, and then AM took it over from there. 

I think AM is the only one with a "real" job,  from what I can tell. I don't know what the heck the others do besides invest in stuff here and there. Garcelle-- she must be living off the show and child support? How does she afford her lifestyle?

• Like 5
(edited)
43 minutes ago, Maximona said:

Just a data point:  APRNs don't get doctorates; they get a degree called "Doctor of Nursing Practice" (DNP.)  

I have no idea whether AnneMarie has a MSN (Master's of Science in Nursing) or a DNP frankly.  But if she has a DNP, she's entitled to use the honorific "Doctor."

Physicians are "Medical Doctors" (hence "MD.")  They do not have a monopoly on the use of the word "doctor" no matter how much the AMA would like you to think they do.😀

She doesn’t she admits it IN the video .. she had a masters which is amazing in itself but it’s not the same degree that she would be able to call herself a doctor .. but then says she IS a doctor 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Keywestclubkid said:

She doesn’t she admits it IN the video .. but then says she IS a doctor 

Ah!  Thank you for the clarification.

If she doesn't have a DNP, she should not be characterizing herself as a doctor.  😀

• Like 5
19 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

I think AM is the only one with a "real" job,  from what I can tell. I don't know what the heck the others do besides invest in stuff here and there. Garcelle-- she must be living off the show and child support? How does she afford her lifestyle?

11 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Garcelle is a working actress. 

Correct. If you check Garcelle's IMDB, she stays pretty busy. Being working actress for all these years is no small feat. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

It isn't unacceptable for a white woman to tell a Black woman she is attacking her, if that is in fact what is happening. It is, however, problematic when a Black woman is calmly explaining something and a white woman, who doesn't like what she's saying for whatever reason, labels it as anger or an attack. That's what Garcelle was trying to explain. And it probably "triggered" her because it happens often to Black women in every space that we are in and particularly around certain white women. Just because you don't experience it or notice when it happens doesn't it mean it doesn't occur. And it also wasn't the first time that Dorit did something like this. Garcelle had every right to call her ass out on it, especially when the original point Garcelle was trying to make about her kids wasn't even directed specifically at Dorit, but rather to the entire group in general. 

I agree with everything you said. HOWEVER, Garcelle did not indicate she was triggered because of this happening all the time/historical trauma, racism, which she undoubtedly has to encounter all the time- especially in racist and sexist hollywood. What she DID say, is that there was something about Dorit's privilege that just triggers her. THAT, IMO, is not fair. It is what and how Garcelle explained why/how Dorit triggered her that raised red flags for me.

This in no way discounts all the shit she does have to tolerate because of ignorance, racism, and white priviledge. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I was looking for Crystals dress and found it was custom made by Yannick Machado. Darn it! Now I can’t get one just like it to wear while home walking room to room with my Birkin. I’m sure it is a one of a kind. 😁

Dorit and all the others were supposed to be on stage and start filming the reunion at 8:15am and are given a 30min grace period, so 8:45am at the latest.

When Dorit waltzed in it was about 10am. Almost TWO HOURS LATE.

She made them sit waiting for her all that time while she filmed tiktoks of herself getting ready. Can you imagine the gall of pulling that? How rude and selfish she is to make them wait that long for her -look at beautiful me me me- entrance she made in her whatever that was she was wearing. 

Being fashionably late is one thing if going to a party thats already started…. but when the whole event is riding on a schedule to be adhered to by all the required participants.. Wow! 

What nerve, entitlement 🙄🤬 and I dare say, “privilege”! 
I hope it was her Grand Finale. 

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/crystal-minkoff-says-dorit-kemsley-delayed-rhobh-season-13-reunion/

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 13
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, bravofan27 said:

Garcelle has a lot of acting gigs going on. She is also doing producing.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

She doesn’t she admits it IN the video .. she had a masters which is amazing in itself but it’s not the same degree that she would be able to call herself a doctor .. but then says she IS a doctor 

I was curious if there were any legal restrictions regarding calling oneself "Doctor" in a medical setting and found this.

So, the short answer is yes – in general, a DNP nurse may be referred to as "doctor," however, some states have regulations surrounding this. For example, California and Georgia forbid nurses, pharmacists, and other professionals from using the "doctor" title. Most states allow practitioners with doctorate degrees to use the title “doctor” as long as they immediately clarify their role and qualifications. For example, a nurse practitioner with a DNP must inform patients that he or she is a doctoral-prepared nurse practitioner. Certain facilities or organizations may also have restrictions on using the title of "doctor."

Other regulations allow the term "doctor" to be used in academic or social settings, but not in clinical settings. However, patient education goes a long way – identifying oneself and clarifying roles upon initial greeting, and providing ongoing reinforcement of roles throughout a patient care encounter is essential to prevent role confusion and misrepresentation of title. It’s always advised to stay on top of your state’s legislation and regulations regarding this so that you don’t inadvertently run into a problem; for example, a doctorate-prepared nurse in California was recently fined nearly $20,000 for referring to herself as “doctor.”

Annemarie best start banking that RHOBH coin in case she needs to start paying some fines.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 14
  • Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, ww92 said:

I was curious if there were any legal restrictions regarding calling oneself "Doctor" in a medical setting and found this.

So, the short answer is yes – in general, a DNP nurse may be referred to as "doctor," however, some states have regulations surrounding this. For example, California and Georgia forbid nurses, pharmacists, and other professionals from using the "doctor" title. Most states allow practitioners with doctorate degrees to use the title “doctor” as long as they immediately clarify their role and qualifications. For example, a nurse practitioner with a DNP must inform patients that he or she is a doctoral-prepared nurse practitioner. Certain facilities or organizations may also have restrictions on using the title of "doctor."

Other regulations allow the term "doctor" to be used in academic or social settings, but not in clinical settings. However, patient education goes a long way – identifying oneself and clarifying roles upon initial greeting, and providing ongoing reinforcement of roles throughout a patient care encounter is essential to prevent role confusion and misrepresentation of title. It’s always advised to stay on top of your state’s legislation and regulations regarding this so that you don’t inadvertently run into a problem; for example, a doctorate-prepared nurse in California was recently fined nearly $20,000 for referring to herself as “doctor.”

Annemarie best start banking that RHOBH coin in case she needs to start paying some fines.

AM is NOT a DNP. She is a CRNA-- which is a type of registered nurse. YES, you can have a doctorate in a nursing field. AM does not have one. And it appears that even if she did, she still can't call herself a doctor. Which is pretty "duh." 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, bravofan27 said:

AM is NOT a DNP. She is a CRNA-- which is a type of registered nurse. YES, you can have a doctorate in a nursing field. AM does not have one. And it appears that even if she did, she still can't call herself a doctor. Which is pretty "duh." 

Yes but DNP is just one example of a medical professional who may have a doctorate degree. Point being there are issues with them referring to themselves as "Doctor" when speaking with patients. It seems to be flat out illegal in California.

California and Georgia forbid nurses, pharmacists, and other professionals from using the "doctor" title.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 4
(edited)

There is an APRN who worked at one of my Drs offices and she never corrected me when I called her Dr. So and So. 

She was great and I was very happy with her.

I knew she wasn’t a doctor. It felt too casual and personal to call her by her first name, but I did when I asked for her when I called the office and wanted to talk to her, rather than bother my busy Doctor there, if it wasn’t an emergency. 

When our conversation was just between us, I called her doctor fully knowing it was a sweet sound to her ears and I wanted her to like me and give me the bestest of care she had in her. 

Can you imagine the treatment you would get if faced with AM and telling her you weren’t going to call her Dr, because she isn’t one? I’d be scared to leave my life in her hands with the attitude she has! 

Edited by SassyCat
  • Like 5
9 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

I thought AnneMarie was kind of yelling at Sutton in that instance. Definitely not wildly screaming like other instances we see in various RH shows, but also not speaking at a regular old default level. Maybe it was loud in there though -- that could be it, plus she is a bit of an over-enunciator too. 

I think Annemarie even said, “I don’t mean to yell.”

• Like 6
47 minutes ago, SassyCat said:

I was looking for Crystals dress and found it was custom made by Yannick Machado. Darn it! Now I can’t get one just like it to wear while home walking room to room with my Birkin. I’m sure it is a one of a kind. 😁

Dorit and all the others were supposed to be on stage and start filming the reunion at 8:15am and are given a 30min grace period, so 8:45am at the latest.

When Dorit waltzed in it was about 10am. Almost TWO HOURS LATE.

She made them sit waiting for her all that time while she filmed tiktoks of herself getting ready. Can you imagine the gall of pulling that? How rude and selfish she is to make them wait that long for her -look at beautiful me me me- entrance she made in her whatever that was she was wearing. 

Being fashionably late is one thing if going to a party thats already started…. but when the whole event is riding on a schedule to be adhered to by all the required participants.. Wow! 

What nerve, entitlement 🙄🤬 and I dare say, “privilege”! 
I hope it was her Grand Finale. 

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/crystal-minkoff-says-dorit-kemsley-delayed-rhobh-season-13-reunion/

Wow!  This blows my mind.  I know Dorit has kept the other housewives waiting in the past, taking photos for social media, etc, but to keep Andy and the reunion crew waiting seems really rude and thoughtless.  Dorit must think she is pretty important to pull such a stunt.  (And she had to bring her IV with her, along with someone to administer it, I'm sure, to rehydrate.  Gawd!  Just drink a cup of water like the rest of us.  She is just all about the image...)

• Like 15
8 hours ago, politichick said:

I think it had more to do with the nonsense AM was spewing about Sutton's esophagus. 

Having just watched the reunion, it bugged me again watching the replay that AnneMarie tried to school Sutton on her esophageal issue.  AnneMarie said that when one has a stricture, they need to chew their food up more.  WTF?  Certain foods get stuck no matter how much you cut them up and/or chew them more, that's why those of us with this issue avoid the foods that give us the most trouble.  Argh!  She should only give helpful advice on things she actually knows.

Dorit keeps saying how she needs "to learn" in regard to some of the hurtful things she said to others.  How many years have we been hearing that line?  Sometimes she should just shut her mouth and listen.

Kyle seems to have lots of best friends, but she acts like nobody is ever there for her.  I think it would be exhausting to be her friend.  Not everybody has that many friends and/or relatives they can count on, so I get tired of hearing her boo hoo over every single issue in her life, although the loss of the best, best friend by suicide is terrible and I feel bad about that particular situation. 

The outfits for the reunion, as usual, are tacky and over-the-top, except for Sutton's.  I kind of like Crystal's too.  They all look like decorations for a Christmas tree.  

• Like 13
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Wow!  This blows my mind.  I know Dorit has kept the other housewives waiting in the past, taking photos for social media, etc, but to keep Andy and the reunion crew waiting seems really rude and thoughtless.  Dorit must think she is pretty important to pull such a stunt.  (And she had to bring her IV with her, along with someone to administer it, I'm sure, to rehydrate.  Gawd!  Just drink a cup of water like the rest of us.  She is just all about the image...)

This is a job, she gets  paid to do her job.  That is crap. I would have started without her.

• Like 17
  • Applause 3
33 minutes ago, Chit Chat said:
33 minutes ago, Chit Chat said:

Kyle seems to have lots of best friends, but she acts like nobody is ever there for her.  I think it would be exhausting to be her friend. 

This part .. she keeps points and tabs and grudges.. you would never know exactly what you did because she just cuts you out without explanation.. if you arnt living her fantasy 24/7 you can’t be her friend .. it be like living as Gretchen Wieners your whole life always trying to please her dreading the moment you inevitably do something she doesn’t like 

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

I am not sure why there is any confusion about what AnneMarie does in the OR, who do they think was putting them to sleep for any of their numerous surgeries, it was most likely a nurse anesthetist.

• Like 3

This article, which is introducing Annemarie, states that she does have a Masters of Science in Nurse Anaesthesia (if the article is accurate). https://thecinemaholic.com/annemarie-wiley-rhobh/
 In the screenshot of her Instagram page in the above article, AM says:  "CRNAs are Doctorate prepared anesthesia providers, completing a 3 year anesthesia program and residency."  That may be the current entry to practice as a CRNA in the US but she herself doesn't have a Doctorate.  However I know that standards change all the time.  In Canada, nurses used to come from 3 year hospital based schools.  Then it changed to 2 year college programs.  Then the minimum entry became a 4 year University program.  There are a variety of programs now depending on if you've already got a University degree, or are straight out of high school, etc., things evolve.  And they all end up as nurses.  However, Annemarie isn't a doctor any which way you look at it.

I agree with TattleTeeny that AM was kind of yelling at Sutton in the discussion about her esophagus.  Sutton kind of laughingly said "don't yell at me".  I think it was more about telling AM to back off than anything else.  I'd be highly offended if someone I'd just met was openly sceptical of a medical issue I had and mentioned only in passing, especially when I had proper medical attention and evaluation of that issue.  Annemarie is the epitome of the saying:  Always certain, seldom correct.  

• Like 11
52 minutes ago, whydoievencare said:

I agree with TattleTeeny that AM was kind of yelling at Sutton in the discussion about her esophagus.  Sutton kind of laughingly said "don't yell at me".  I think it was more about telling AM to back off than anything else.  I'd be highly offended if someone I'd just met was openly sceptical of a medical issue I had and mentioned only in passing, especially when I had proper medical attention and evaluation of that issue.  

Correct, Sutton didn't make Annemarie out to be Erika or anything with the way she said don't yell at me. She probably should have said don't be so intrusive or pushy, but we're not always going to pick our words perfectly, especially when we're being grilled about a medical issue on camera. Poor choice of words (happens to the best of us), but Sutton's tone wasn't an overreaction to Annemarie's treatment of her. Sutton was really pretty gracious. 

Dorit on the other hand has always been extra when it comes to Garcelle. That's why despite Kyle not being nice to Dorit, a part of me is like, this is the person you allow to scream in your face and bully others off the show. Dorit has always dismissed Kyle's actions, defended them, or teamed up with her. I don't think Dorit is malicious, but she made her own bed being part of Fox Force 5. 

I forgot to post about this, but it was ridiculous Kyle got on to Dorit for not making a point to defend Teddi. I get that people can be OTT when it comes to Teddi. I like that Kyle defends her friend. But Dorit not chiming in on a question that wasn't directly to her after others already defended Teddi, so not a big deal. It's especially rich coming from the person who has a pattern of not defending her so-called friends. She didn't defend Vanderpump or Sutton in multiple instances when they could have used support. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

AM's LinkedIn says she is a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist. That's it. I don't see any mention of any kind of Ph.D.

As for confusion over types of doctorate degrees, the clinical setting tends to make clear what the person does, and upon meeting the first time, the research types (Ph.Ds) tend to spell out "what" they are.

I will say that my local, huge hospital system now uses the term "hospitalist" for what used to be known as the "attending physician." I can't keep up.

And my gynecologist is a nurse practitioner at a large women's practice who is studying to be certified to establish her own practice so that she can focus on treating underserved communities (and be her own boss). I did not know that NPs were allowed to do this, but I think it's great.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Maybe Kyle was on to something complaining about  Dorit not being able to exercise. She’s too damn lazy to even swallow water, gotta get an IV!     (I kid, but…..) 

• Wink 1
  • LOL 11
(edited)
On 2/28/2024 at 8:09 PM, SemiCharmedLife said:

I'm impressed you could focus on Dorit's hair with the distraction of that OUTFIT! 😂

What's happening with her makeup also?? She looks jaundiced. 

Edited by ladle
  • Like 1
On 2/29/2024 at 8:05 AM, BusyOctober said:

AM is not as repulsive as the most repulsive One-Timer ever, Diana.  AM is just dull. She doesn’t have enough of a story or personality to carry off a segment, never mind a season of this show.

I wonder if they'll bring up the allegations against her husband during the reunion.

• Like 2
(edited)
On 2/28/2024 at 8:29 PM, Joan van Snark said:

I usually like Garcelle, but she is really being ridiculous on this issue with Dorit.  You are not allowed to say a black person is 'attacking' you?  She knows damn well Dorit was not using that word to portray her and minimize her as an 'angry black woman' stereotype.  She meant to say that Garcelle was attacking her with verbal digs or jabs.  To try to paint Dorit as racist because of that is patently ridiculous.

And then for Anne Marie to try to say Sutton was doing the same thing by saying AM was 'yelling' at her was INSANE!

Agree. The segment irritated me. These women always need something to fight about. 

Sorry Anne Marie. Too late to try to redeem yourself. We don’t like you. Bye. 

I’m not understanding why Kathy is going to get a seat at the reunion when she wasn’t on this season. 

Erika, shut up. You’re no victim. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
(edited)

I think AM's biggest issue was allowing Kyle to wind her up in the same way Rinna wound up Eden against Kim (and to a lesser degree, Kyle) in Season 7.

Not that I'm suggesting AM isn't at any fault in this situation, but I think much of it is on Kyle who tossed that ball to AM, and then AM went running with it.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Like 7
On 3/1/2024 at 9:20 AM, TattleTeeny said:

Thank you. Was there ever an instance during which Garcelle was, let's say, advancing toward Dorit (or anyone) in an aggressive manner? Walking angrily? Even just waving her hands around in an extra animated way? Does Garcelle even yell, outside of when they're all talking over each other? Does she even stand up from a chair or couch when she commits these "attacks"? 

But in HW world that’s not ever considered an “attack”. They simply fight with each other, or yell at one another and they all say they were “attacked”. So Dorit was correct there. And where Garcelle loses credibility with me, is she knows this. She was interrupting Dorit during that convo with Sutton, she wouldn’t let Dorit finish her thought, and when Dorit finally pointed out that it was Garcelle who actually started this convo about Sutton kissing her driver, Garcelle turned it into some horrible crime against her. Hence Dorit feeling attacked . Because for all intents and purposes, she WAS attacked by Garcelle. AND it pissed me off during that scene that Sutton didn’t tell Garcelle to back off because she was making the entire thing way more aggressive than it needed to be. 

Its obvious Garcelle doesn’t like many of these women for many reasons, but if she wants to stay, she’s gotta drop the poor victim act and claim her role as the shit stirrer she is and keep it moving. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
(edited)

1 hour ago, hottesthw said:

But in HW world that’s not ever considered an “attack”. They simply fight with each other, or yell at one another and they all say they were “attacked”. So Dorit was correct there. 

How does this make Dorit correct? Feeling attacked isn’t being attacked. And did she say that she felt attacked? Or did she say that Garcelle attacked her? There’s a difference, as Garcelle and people here mentioned.

I don’t think it was an attack, I don’t think Dorit was correct in calling it that, and I do think that people are being obtuse about what Garcelle is saying about the use of the word “attack.”

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 6
  • Applause 8
8 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

How does this make Dorit correct? Feeling attacked isn’t being attacked. And did she say that she felt attacked? Or did she say that Garcelle attacked her? There’s a difference, as Garcelle and people here mentioned.

I don’t think it was an attack, I don’t think Dorit was correct in calling it that, and I do think that people are being obtuse about what Garcelle is saying about the use of the word “attack.”

The issue is that Dorito has a PATTERN of this kind of behavior.  When called out she turns victim.  And Garcelle has repeatedly told her she doesn't like her choice of words and each time she acts like its the first time she heard it.

The bigger issue is that Dorit no longer has any back up.  Erika stepped back and Ky;e half halfheartedly supported her.  Dorit has not gotten the memo until today that the FFF is done-zo.  SHe is used to them all banding together and that isn't happening.

And the other couch is having none of it and not backing her up.  This my dear is what happens when your group of "friends" finds you disposable.  And when she said Kyle likes to punish people that was her signing her own reality death warrant.  She has no allies on the show, she has no storyline and she bores Andy.

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
On 2/28/2024 at 10:19 PM, Straycat80 said:

I worked in health care my whole adult life plus I worked as an OR tech. for six years  and agree with trusting nurses as well as doctors but we are talking Anesthesiologist (Dr.) vs CRNA anesthetizing someone for a surgical procedure here. So when it comes to surgery I’m going to trust the Dr. who went to medical school over a CRNA. Do CRNA’s know a lot and do a great job, yes they do, but they still have to work under the direction of a doctor. 

Is it true what Ann Marie said that in several states they don’t have to work under a doctor’s direction? If so that is surprising to me. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, hottesthw said:

But in HW world that’s not ever considered an “attack”. They simply fight with each other, or yell at one another and they all say they were “attacked”. So Dorit was correct there. And where Garcelle loses credibility with me, is she knows this. She was interrupting Dorit during that convo with Sutton, she wouldn’t let Dorit finish her thought, and when Dorit finally pointed out that it was Garcelle who actually started this convo about Sutton kissing her driver, Garcelle turned it into some horrible crime against her. Hence Dorit feeling attacked . Because for all intents and purposes, she WAS attacked by Garcelle. AND it pissed me off during that scene that Sutton didn’t tell Garcelle to back off because she was making the entire thing way more aggressive than it needed to be. 

Its obvious Garcelle doesn’t like many of these women for many reasons, but if she wants to stay, she’s gotta drop the poor victim act and claim her role as the shit stirrer she is and keep it moving. 

I think Garcelle still holds onto the anger from her son being verbally attacked by Erika and then laughed at by Mauricio, Kyle PK and Dorit.  She let it go with Erika and somewhat with Kyle but took it out on Dorit. I’m guessing the word attack didn’t trigger her as much as she says but it was an opportunity to put Dorit in her place and hint that she is racist and call her a Karen. I don’t think Dorit was trying to use a stereotype against Garcelle  This doesn’t mean she’s the wide eyed innocent she pretends to be. I think she was an easier target for Garcelle. Also Dorit is not one that can receive anything the slightest bit critical. She’d rather defend herself and dig a hole while doing it. 

Dorit being that late and holding up the reunion for one of the ugliest looks ever is crazy. I’m surprised the others didn’t go off about that.

• Like 7
(edited)
45 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

I think Garcelle still holds onto the anger from her son being verbally attacked by Erika and then laughed at by Mauricio, Kyle PK and Dorit.  She let it go with Erika and somewhat with Kyle but took it out on Dorit. I’m guessing the word attack didn’t trigger her as much as she says but it was an opportunity to put Dorit in her place and hint that she is racist and call her a Karen. I don’t think Dorit was trying to use a stereotype against Garcelle  This doesn’t mean she’s the wide eyed innocent she pretends to be. I think she was an easier target for Garcelle. Also Dorit is not one that can receive anything the slightest bit critical. She’d rather defend herself and dig a hole while doing it. 

Dorit being that late and holding up the reunion for one of the ugliest looks ever is crazy. I’m surprised the others didn’t go off about that.

Dorit is the only one that said and I quote and I will continue to quote because it was a vile thing to say AND it was after the whole laughing thing where she had time to think about how wrong it was in a completely separate sit down interview 

“But hey it’s not my child”

you would NEVER come back from that IRL .. no parent would ever forgive or even feel comfortable having their child around that person .. that is NOT your friend ..

then being told to get over it ..are you kidding me?

kyle would NEVEr speak to a person who did that ever she would drag this out every chance she got 

Dorit herself would have clutched the pearls so hard and screamed about HOW dare you …and would have rallied all the girls to get you off the show 

Garcelle Has  every right to hold onto this ..these woman  trying to act like she just doesn't like  them for no reason and is just holding a grudge and should “let it go”  is disingenuous at the least …

these woman don’t care about her or the children they scream about leaving out of it point blank period ..

if they did they wouldn’t be so dismissive of her feelings towards that and she shouldn’t be told to have to mask and pretend to want to be friends with Dorit when she has shown no kinda real remorse for saying it and again doubled down and told her it’s been a year get over it …. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 7
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 9
  • Love 1
On 2/29/2024 at 12:07 PM, psychoticstate said:

Kyle, you may think Dorito is stupid but we, the viewers are not. You haven't spoken to Dorito for months and then you send her a novella text the day before the reunion but it's not manipulative?  Sure. 

I was glad Dorit called Kyle out for this. If there is one benefit to this season, it is that Kyle’s mask dropped. We’ve seen her true colors. 

On 2/29/2024 at 1:29 PM, AnnMarie17 said:

No, no you are not.  

It’s be scary to look behind Kyle’s ears (and her sister, Kathy’s, too). 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
28 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Dorit is the only one that said and I quote and I will continue to quote because it was a vile thing to say AND it was after the whole laughing thing where she had time to think about how wrong it was in a completely separate sit down interview 

“But hey it’s not my child”

you would NEVER come back from that IRL .. no parent would ever forgive or even feel comfortable having their child around that person .. that is NOT your friend ..

then being told to get over it ..are you kidding me?

kyle would NEVEr speak to a person who did that ever she would drag this out every chance she got 

Dorit herself would have clutched the pearls so hard and screamed about HOW dare you …and would have rallied all the girls to get you off the show 

Garcelle Has  every right to hold onto this .. trying to act like she just doesnt like these woman for no reason and is just holding a grudge and should “let it go”  is disingenuous at the least …these woman don’t care about her or the children they scream about leaving out of it point blank period 

Agreed.  I would NEVER trust Kyle and Sorit with my children after that PERIOD.  I also think when Erika did that to Jax and Crystal went into "momma bear" mode solidified to Garcelle despite some of her "quirks" she was there for her children and honestly although it took Crystal and Jax going to HER, Erika apologized and has been toeing the straight line with Garcelle since and while they will never be friends, they will be friendly.

The issue is the "misfits" are now the ones that have a bond and the FFF is a mess and the rules changed too fast and Dorito I think is the one that may be the first to leave because the music stopped and there is no chair.

• Like 11
  • Applause 2