Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E23: Christine & David’s Wedding Special (Part One)

• Start Topic

Christine Brown has met the love of her life, David Woolley, after years of battling in her poly marriage to Kody. They are getting married after a year of dating. Christine had the wedding of her dreams, set against a gorgeous Utah background.

Air Date: January 7, 2024

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Wow, no posts yet, huh?  Cue crickets.  🦗

Although I am happy for her, a full hour of sparkle pony princess was a lot.

I found it interesting that (was it Mykelti?) described both David and Christine as dominant, bossy personalities.  Hmmmm.....David sure doesn't act that way on camera.  Usually someone has to be the more laid back one in a couple, so I wonder if that was actually an implied concern about their compatibility.  

David was wearing a T shirt during the rehearsal that said, "Groom, the man, the myth, the legend".  My husband's sister just gave him that exact T shirt for Christmas, except with the name "organist" in place of "groom".

Janelle has always given me the impression that she doesn't need a man in her life.  She acts so cold and icy about it.  Or perhaps she's still raw and bitter over what's happening between her and noodle ramen head.

I always knew Christine didn't have a small bust, but it somehow looked noticeably bigger in this episode.

I don't know why it's so weird to think of David as a stepdad. Maybe because they're adults?  Why is it any weirder than considering someone a sister or brother in law?  It's just a name.

That's all I got!

• Like 20
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

"Although I am happy for her, a full hour of sparkle pony princess was a lot."

Agreed.  I fell asleep and didn't make it all the way through the show.  @Orcinus orcashould copyright that moniker she created for Christine, as it suits her to the ground, including the tossing of her hair extensions.  😃

I wish them the best though.

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
Spelling
  • Like 12
  • Love 2

I missed live chat. Someone posted there about whether David was Mormon or former Mormon.  He mentioned his sisters were married into polygamy.  That was a real throwaway line. Don’t you want to know more?  

• Like 16
4 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I landed on the beginning by mistake.  Saw the extremely sarcastic "we wish them the best DON'T WE" shot of the Sobbyn and Kootie.  Then all of the whooping and "I'm getting MAAAAR-EEEEEED"  squealed umpteen times and turned it off.

• Like 4
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2

I also fell asleep. I saw the beginning and the end but not much else. Was there any mention of Gwen? It seems strange to me that she wasn't at her mother's wedding. or did she come late? Anyway I'll have to watch today On Demand. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
26 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I also fell asleep. I saw the beginning and the end but not much else. Was there any mention of Gwen? It seems strange to me that she wasn't at her mother's wedding. or did she come late? Anyway I'll have to watch today On Demand. 

According to what I read online she didn't attend and some people think she gave a lame excuse for why, which she defended in a video.

57 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

I landed on the beginning by mistake.  Saw the extremely sarcastic "we wish them the best DON'T WE" shot of the Sobbyn and Kootie.  Then all of the whooping and "I'm getting MAAAAR-EEEEEED"  squealed umpteen times and turned it off.

LOL, if my husband wasn't already asleep we could have had a drinking contest based on how many times she said that and "oh my gosh".

• Like 7
  • Wink 1
19 minutes ago, altopower said:

Lots of women don't need a man in our lives. I don't see her as cold and icy about it, more settling into a confident self without Kidney. Yeah, she may be bitter about him and how things fell apart, especially with her kids, but I don't think she is for herself as much as she's happy he's gone.

Oh, no judgment there, I was just making an observation about her.  I definitely don't think she was ever a relationship-focused romantic in general and perhaps is even less so now while she's still raw from her relationship with Kody.  I definitely got that steely "No thanks, I'm done now, no more men" vibe from her.

• Like 16
2 hours ago, js9548 said:

I know that Janelle's kids made it to the wedding but were they on the boat ride or rehearsal dinner?

Yes they were. Rewatch the “chug” scene on the boat and you will see Logan and Hunter on the left of your screen. 

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Wow, no posts yet, huh?  Cue crickets.  🦗

I found it interesting that (was it Mykelti?) described both David and Christine as dominant, bossy personalities.  Hmmmm.....David sure doesn't act that way on camera.  Usually someone has to be the more laid back one in a couple, so I wonder if that was actually an implied concern about their compatibility.  

David was wearing a T shirt during the rehearsal that said, "Groom, the man, the myth, the legend".  My husband's sister just gave him that exact T shirt for Christmas, except with the name "organist" in place of "groom".

Janelle has always given me the impression that she doesn't need a man in her life.  She acts so cold and icy about it.  Or perhaps she's still raw and bitter over what's happening between her and noodle ramen head.

I always knew Christine didn't have a small bust, but it somehow looked noticeably bigger in this episode.

I don't know why it's so weird to think of David as a stepdad. Maybe because they're adults?  Why is it any weirder than considering someone a sister or brother in law?  It's just a name.

That's all I got!

I believe it was his daughter, Reagan, that said it. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I also fell asleep. I saw the beginning and the end but not much else

I'm pretty sure I did NOT fall asleep but I didn't see the actual wedding. Is the wedding next week? Or am losing my mind?

• Like 7
(edited)

No not losing your mind!  I think the actual wedding ceremony is going to be shown next week. This week was all the prep/run up to the wedding. 

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 5
(edited)
11 minutes ago, taragel said:

There was also a brief shot of the side of Leon's head on the boat………..

Leon uses they/them pronouns.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

From what I have read in the forum, Christine's dad was there and saying something about being sorry for her troubles.  Well, dude, you were a polygamist and must have treated Christine's mother badly since she left as well.  You fundy men are all alike.

• Like 9
  • Applause 10
8 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Agree, but after hearing her talk about David, if he had a twin, Janelle might change her tune.

I couldn't agree more! There was no need for their appearance, especially with Sobbyn once again trying to manipulate what comes out of Douchey's mouth. And when he finally gets to say what he wants to say, the queen "approves"? GMAFB.

I don’t think that’s what he originally wanted to say , but changed it before it fell out of his mouth 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

I forgive Christine's gushing not just because she clearly is ecstatic, but because she's probably being prompted endlessly to talk about what's going on, and that's foremost on her mind. What other content did we have?  More Tony and Mykelti?  Kudos to Aspyn and Ysabel for some nice contributions. 

I like that David has a large family and that the two families have had extensive contact and approve. That makes me feel better about the speed at which they moved. Looks like he's been single a while and didn't have a particularly happy marriage, and for Christine it's effectively the same. No wonder they wanted to get on with it. 

• Like 24
3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Oh, no judgment there, I was just making an observation about her.  I definitely don't think she was ever a relationship-focused romantic in general and perhaps is even less so now while she's still raw from her relationship with Kody.  I definitely got that steely "No thanks, I'm done now, no more men" vibe from her.

Re reading the book now.  It is really interesting after where the family has ended up.  Janelle mentioned she's not a cuddly romantic.  I think she would get into a relationship should someone show up that she liked but I don't see her ever looking.

2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I agree.  Just because the show is still called "Sister Wives" doesn't mean we need interviews with everyone, especially the randomness of watching Kody fell a poor defenseless tree on CP and then sitting down, visor and gloves firmly in place, with Robyn so they can discuss something that is no longer any concern of theirs.

And what's with Robyn saying "I hope they can be happy?"  As opposed to, what - the bottomless dark void that comes with marrying Kody Brown?  Robyn's comment seemed to suggest that Christine is the variable in determining a happy marriage rather than Kody, which is laughable.

Maddie was sweet talking about David.  Truely was bubbly and rocking the purple hair.  Aspyn and Ysabel were lovely, Mykelti can turn it down a couple of notches, and Tony walked out for the wedding in an untucked purple shirt, which - of course he did.  And I actually believed Meri when she said she was happy for Christine.

Rust and plum were Christine's colors?  Unconventional, but it somehow goes with the Red Rocks at sunset vibe.  Good for her.

Mykelti is really angling for her own show.  Maybe creepy leggings have run their course and she needs another gig.  I found her a lot.  Could Tony look like a bigger schlub?  

I saw on Youtube that Mykelti has said she is stepping back from Youtube or Patreon to focus on her mental health.  After seeing her Plexis sale maybe not a bad idea.  BUT she was still going to be putting out weight loss, family, homemaker content.  As the Youtube lady said (Tuff Topics), no one is watching for YOUR life, they are watching for family gossip.

• Like 14
20 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

no one is watching for YOUR life, they are watching for family gossip.

Mykelti said she’s going to cover the wedding on her Patreon, and then do the talk/look back episodes.

• Like 7
23 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Mykelti said she’s going to cover the wedding on her Patreon, and then do the talk/look back episodes.

Does anyone care what she thinks? I'm asking sincerely. I cannot imagine paying money to listen to anything she'd have to say. Girl needs to get a job.

• Like 11
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, surfgirl said:

Does anyone care what she thinks? I'm asking sincerely. I cannot imagine paying money to listen to anything she'd have to say. Girl needs to get a job.

I can’t stand her. So, no I don’t care what she has to say! Yet, I want to know what she says. Quite the conundrum.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, LotusFlower said:

Mykelti is my least favorite of the kids.  She is SO competitive!  MY wedding had 400 guests over your 350!  MY meat dish (carnitas?) is better than yours!  Etc., etc…. Insecure and immature.  Insufferable!  

Dear, whimsical Mykelti...her personality grates, but she has potentially the worst traits from each of her parents - her mother's breathy, over-the-top way of speaking, and her father's narcissism.  Combine that and you get an adult who thinks she's the center of attention and the life of the party, while those around her smile but secretly cringe.

She's had to work too damn hard to get a shred of attention from any of her clueless parents, so I cut her some slack.  When she's able to speak calmly, I don't find her too bad.

Tony, on the other hand....find a comb and tuck in your ****** shirt, bro.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 12
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

I thought it so sad that Christine was married all those years and never experienced love like she has now or a nice wedding. I am happy for them.

And yeah, having Most say "next on Sister Wives".... how idiotic was that?

• Like 16
10 hours ago, surfgirl said:

I found it extremely offensive that TLC had any presence of Meri, Douche, ir Sobbyn on this show. And to have Douche's voice over on the 'next time on', also both highly offensive and totally unnecessary.

The voice over of Cody was the one they have used all season at the end of each episode (I think.) So instead of TLC spending money on a new voice over without Cody's voice TLC used what they had. I think this is TLC being cheap.

• Like 14
2 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I am beyond pissed that TLC is going to drag Kootie and Crybrows into the next episode too. It has nothing to do with them!!  I will probably be physically sick if they repeat over and over that sickening smooch fest we saw in the preview! I suppose David and Christine can edit them out of the tapes for their own personal memories.

I agree completely but you know, I wonder if Kootie made sure it was in his contract that he has to appear in every episode.  I wouldn't put it past his narcissistic, controlling self. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • I’ve been around since Season 1, Episode 1. Probably an unpopular opinion, but  I have never been much of a Christine fan. She’s just too much..Always has been, imho.  She’s what I refer to as a “look at me” girl. Having to caterwaul at her daughter’s wedding is just one example.  It was exhausting watching last night’s episode.  And don’t get me started on Mykelty and Tony. But of course, I’ll be tuning in for the  main event. I’ll see myself out now 😉
  • Like 9
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
11 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

anybody else surprised that Christine and David have been cohabitating!?  No?  Just me? 

I was! And then curious, did he move into Christine’s townhome? Where did he live before? Or did she move into his (but then, why keep the townhome). I have questions! 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Twiz44 said:
  • I’ve been around since Season 1, Episode 1. Probably an unpopular opinion, but  I have never been much of a Christine fan. She’s just too much..Always has been, imho.  She’s what I refer to as a “look at me” girl. Having to caterwaul at her daughter’s wedding is just one example.  It was exhausting watching last night’s episode.  And don’t get me started on Mykelty and Tony. But of course, I’ll be tuning in for the  main event. I’ll see myself out now 😉

No need to see yourself out... Pull up a chair and have some wine (or other lovely beverage of your choosing)

• Like 8
  • Wink 3
  • Love 2

Probably an unpopular opinion, but  I have never been much of a Christine fan. 

Christine benefits from the horrible way that Kody and Robyn come across. By comparison, she's not that bad. But if you put her on a show by herself, you would start wanting to stick a pen in your eye after several episodes just to escape her. That's my opinion. 

I  honestly hope she and David work out and are happy. It all seems rather quick, so I hope they are compatible long-term once the new relationship glow wears off. 

• Like 13
6 minutes ago, JoannKBC said:

I don't think it's weird or a bad sign that Christine's daughters don't want to consider David their stepfather. My father's been married a few times, and I call the wife he married when I was 5 my stepmother, but I call the wife he married when I was 21 "my Dad's wife." No reflection on how I feel about the person. 

I didn't understand why Aspyn and Isobel thought it was weird to call David their stepfather. Is it because they are adults when their mom is getting married ?

I also though Mykelti was being really obnoxious.  "Mom loves me best!" blah blah blah. Though I have to say she's lost a lot of weight in recent years. When you look at some of the old pictures she looks totally different.

• Like 10

I'm truly happy for Christine, but for me a little of her personality type goes a looonnggg way.  I couldn't see watching a show built specifically around her.  However, she deserves to be loved and to be happy.  🎊   

One of the folks who impressed me during this eppie was Maddie.  Her TH was adult-oriented and sincere.  She has grown up so much since moving to N.C. and I'm proud for her.

The other one was Aspyn.  What a class act.  🤗  Christine could take notes from her beautiful and pulled together, daughter.

• Like 23
1 hour ago, surfgirl said:

People are paying for her content so why not do it why she can? 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

No need to see yourself out... Pull up a chair and have some wine (or other lovely beverage of your choosing)

Table for three, please.  Sparkle Pony Princess has been getting on my nerves from the get go.  First the whispery voice and now she can't shut up.

• Like 3
  • LOL 8

I really enjoy reading the live chat, but I couldn't watch this live. I'll always have to record so I can FF through the commercials. 

Interesting that they filmed the boat float but not the rehearsal dinner.  I like that that makes it feel like a real family event and not a filmed and edited performance. Please don't ruin my illusion and tell me it was filmed but too boring to show.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Granny58 said:

anybody else surprised that Christine and David have been cohabitating!?  No?  Just me? 

It's 2024, so no, I'm not at all surprised as it's fairly normal for many decades now. And they are full grown adults so why not?

• Like 11
  • Applause 1