Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: If I Could Churn Back Time

• Start Topic

Heather proposes a group trip to celebrate Monica's birthday; Angie leans on Whitney for advice about her marriage woes; Whitney and Justin join Meredith and Seth on their new podcast; Heather throws a Pioneer Day-themed lunch.

Airdate: 11.21.2023

• Like 1

I can’t believe I’m agreeing with Whitney, it was dumb to have a Pioneer themed party celebrating the first Mormon Church after Heather just wrote a book dissing the Mormon Church. 
At the end it couldn’t be more clear that Monica is not a good fit for this group. I hope she doesn’t go on the trip.

11 minutes ago, bosawks said:

Watching all this transpire while they are all wearing bonnets is just high level entertainment.

And they were sitting there churning the butter in the jars that was only suppose to take six minutes and it obviously wasn’t working. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 6

That butter churning bit reminded me of that thing where you make ice cream in a baggie.  Put all the ingredients in and shake, shake, shake.  It sort of works but depending on how much ice you put in.... Anyway, it was something different at least.

I really think Monica needs some serious professional help STAT.  I can't imagine what her girls are being subjected to on the regular.

I kind of hope she doesn't go on the Bermuda trip too but do you guys recall that scene at the beginning of the season where they're actually in Bermuda and Heather gets a phone call or something and starts running all over the hotel or wherever they are?  I'm starting to wonder what in the actual hell is going on there.

Not sure I could handle the Salt Lake weather when they're still in coats in APRIL.

• Like 9

OMG! What is wrong with Monica, is she high or drunk all the time that makes her say outrageous things or is she suffering from some mental disability or had a head injury or has a case of arrested development...who says stuff like "we are all going to the devil's triangle, going to hell, etc..." And that was right after Heather announced the trip to all the women, that was so strange.  The other strange thing was her mocking Lisa and repeating what Lisa was saying, I mean really, what is wrong with her?

Heather wanting to have a Mormon Butter Churning Luncheon was an odd choice since she has gone big on telling the world she does not want to be a Mormon anymore.  Was she trying to make Lisa learn about being an Olde Timey Mormon and hate it? 

Meredith and Seth's podcast with Whitney and Justin was cringe worthy, Seth's Newlywed Game question of the oddest place they made whoopie...so dumb. Is there a way we can find out how many people have listened to Hanging by a Thread podcast? 

Edited by Baltimore Betty
Spelling
  • Like 19
  • Love 3

Angie & husband pull up to the curb, he opens the door for her (curbside, didn't make her climb across- take notes John Jansen) and he compliments her outfit. I'm pretty sure he saw the outfit before she got in the car, but waited until cameras were rolling so we know what a kind, attentive husband he is. 🙄

• Like 7
  • LOL 3

Not Monica using her bonnet to create a cryangle!

I'm at the point where I can't decide if Monica is sincerely this all over the place, or if this is all performance art.

And now we know that if you want to get an apology out of Lisa all it takes is the threat of a vacation being cancelled.

• Like 4
  • LOL 20
10 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

So, did anyone ever actually make butter, or are they still all shaking their mason jars?  

Back in the stone age, when I was in kindergarten, we made butter that way - I think it was only in a baby food jar, and we all took turns, but it took way less time than these people. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 8

The second Monica realized she wasn’t the center of a conflict she switched gears to become the victim and demanded everyone’s attention.  She also made her daughter’s prom plans about herself. Then she made a private family matter (her daughter’s birth father, who I’m assuming is dead) about her with a dash of this fake thing she has going with her own mom. 

It’s a little act her and her weirdo mother cooked up because they’re desperate for money and attention. It’s all fake, fake, fake. Worst of all, they’ve sucked kids into this charade. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Back in the stone age, when I was in kindergarten, we made butter that way - I think it was only in a baby food jar, and we all took turns, but it took way less time than these people. 

It reminds me of this:

200w-4.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 11

I'm not saying Monica's not a total asshole because she is, but if the "entire goal of the lunch is to get her and Lisa to make up" maybe don't play the "game" of who you'd throw off the wagon?  And have only Monica Hater Lisa play?  Anyway, Heather lied because she'd already told her daughter that the goal of the luncheon was to upset Lisa by making her wear a bonnet.  Heather wins Asshole of the Week tonight IMO, and that's a hard thing to do when you're on a show with Monica, Meredith, Seth and his Taint. 😄

• Like 10
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 8

Who is listening to Meredith and Seth’s podcast lol.

It annoyed me Justin had his headphones on over his toque for the podcast.

Mary not being there already made it a good time lol. Oh ew she’s in the previews and Monica runs to her. Mary calling anyone nasty is hilarious.

Here we go with the rude table games that start fights. These are so overdone on the housewives. Lame.

Ugh Monica she continues to be the worst. Can she go away now. She just wanted more attention with her pretending to not want to go on the trip. Oh now she understands Jen again. Shut the fuck up Monica don’t go on the trip then better yet leave the show pls lol.

• Like 12
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, msrbley said:

Edited for space....

It’s a little act her and her weirdo mother cooked up because they’re desperate for money and attention. It’s all fake, fake, fake. Worst of all, they’ve sucked kids into this charade. 

The more I watch, the more I am convinced that your statement here is true.  While I don't deny that there's definitely some crazy dysfunction there, I think it's being embellished quite a bit.

I think that Monica (and her Mother) is emotionally disturbed and may just be trying to play a big con on Bravo.

Look - she came to Bravo via one of the biggest con artists of all - Jenn Shah - Monica had to have learned something while she was "working" for her.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 14
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, princelina said:

I'm not saying Monica's not a total asshole because she is, but if the "entire goal of the lunch is to get her and Lisa to make up" maybe don't play the "game" of who you'd throw off the wagon?  And have only Monica Hater Lisa play?  Anyway, Heather lied because she'd already told her daughter that the goal of the luncheon was to upset Lisa by making her wear a bonnet.  Heather wins Asshole of the Week tonight IMO, and that's a hard thing to do when you're on a show with Monica, Meredith, Seth and his Taint. 😄

Exactly. As soon as I heard the stupid game, I knew Lisa would say Monica, she didn't  have to say anymore. I think  they enjoy  winding Monica up. I'm not a fan of Lisa's, never  have been.

Do they go to Bermuda? The previews  didn't  look like it.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

So, did anyone ever actually make butter, or are they still all shaking their mason jars?  

They are still shaking!

25 minutes ago, dancingdreamer said:

Exactly. As soon as I heard the stupid game, I knew Lisa would say Monica, she didn't  have to say anymore. I think  they enjoy  winding Monica up. I'm not a fan of Lisa's, never  have been.

Do they go to Bermuda? The previews  didn't  look like it.

Yes, they went to Bermuda according to the season previews.

• Like 6
9 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Angie & husband pull up to the curb, he opens the door for her (curbside, didn't make her climb across- take notes John Jansen) and he compliments her outfit. I'm pretty sure he saw the outfit before she got in the car, but waited until cameras were rolling so we know what a kind, attentive husband he is. 🙄

Not to mention, that is the outfit he compliments? That shiny, pleather. silver top made her look like a space man in an old Twilight Zone episode. Is Angie trolling us with these outfits?! This is two weeks in a row I’ve come out of the show so confused by Angie’s outfits that it’s the only thing I can focus on for my reaction post. Well, that and the 5-minute conversation on why she thinks “The Humpty Dance” is a slammin bop. I can only imagine Angie’s outfit next week.

Hip Hop Humpty Dance GIF

This is what she would look like if she put her purse on her head.

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 2
  • LOL 15
9 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

So if those women actually made the butter successfully would they even eaten it? 

I wish they would have done a time lapse thing with all the women shaking their mason jars full of cream then showed us the final product.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
36 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

that is the outfit he compliments?

If ever there was a time to yell, "Jealous of what? Your ugly (p)leather pants?!" this was it!

Between her windshield like sunglasses and weird clothing she almost does not need to say anything, we could all just stare at that mess for entertainment value.

10 hours ago, Steph J said:

I'm at the point where I can't decide if Monica is sincerely this all over the place, or if this is all performance art.

Yes! It has to be performance art! Thank you @Steph J you figured it out for us, nobody could really be like that in real life, right?

• Like 12
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

The kids have a father.

Then why was she asking her supposedly evil mom to stay with them for the Palm Springs trip?

10 hours ago, msrbley said:

100% so fake, so staged. I can't believe production fell for her act. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

So if those women actually made the butter successfully would they even eaten it? 

I wish they would have done a time lapse thing with all the women shaking their mason jars full of cream then showed us the final product.

Probably. These are not the BH bitches who would have seen the jar shaking as an opportunity to burn calories. Heather would have no qualms. Lisa lives on fast food, so it shouldn't be an issue. Monica would probably complain about as if she were a toddler forced to eat broccoli. Whitney would want to take some home to smear on Justin

I'm a little surprised we weren't given a mini lesson on how the Greeks make butter and how important butter is to the Greek culture

• LOL 22
  • Love 1

Angie slamming the glass, and yelling Opa!  Hilarious. Any Greek people here? Does the actually happen?! I laughed so hard.

Always shocked to see bright white couches in their homes. All that makeup and self-tanner, not to mention some have kids, some still menstruate, accidents happen!

Lots of marriage talk this week aka time to fast forward. I find those conversations Intensely tedious and boring.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Why is Heather celebrating the Mormon church founding day after she left the church, and attacked it?

Monica is only annoying (and more) at this point, and a huge fame whore. She is not in good terms with anybody but Meredith. She was wondering why Jen, the same Jen she testified against at her trial, never had to say anything nice about Heather (who supported Jen to the end), and Lisa, and she now knows why....

Meredith's podcast is boring.

She was funny shaking the mason jar non stop.

Justin looked ridiculous with his Fendi hat down to his eyes, and his short sleeves in the winter.

I'm one that dresses up, but Angie's outfit at the restaurant was too much. And that leopard one in the confessional. 

The women dressed at the pioneer lunch like they were going to a formal event. Suits, extremely high platform shoes (Lisa), fur jackets (Meredith, Angie), bell bottom leather pants so long you could trip (Meredith), fur bags (Angie), and they knew they were going to a FARM. Also, Heather’s leather jacket was ugly.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 1

Is Monica really putting weight on what Jen (The Liar) said about Heather and Lisa? On the other hand, I can totally believe Jen talked mad shit about the entire group so 🤷‍♀️

I loved the random shots of Meredith still shaking the jar throughout the lunch.

I always like it when HW eat and the food looked good

Edited by MaggieG
  • Like 11
  • Love 2

If anyone managed to make butter at that party it was Meredith. She was determined.

I am still rooting for Monica, but she is not prepared for this show. The other women know how to turn the fight on, go for blood, and then eat and get drunk together. Monica does not know yet how to do that so she is taking it way too personally. When Lisa comes over to apologize you know it was a fight for the camera and to just get over it.  Plus, Lisa doesn't want to miss the cast trip to Bermuda and that hinges on Monica and Heather.

OPA!!

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Of course Monica will go to Bermuda. She needs the job and the money. I wonder who takes care of her children when she goes on these trips. Could it be her toxic mother whom she appears to hate? 

Of course it will be.  I fear though, that the oldest daughter has more responsibilities to watch the other kids than a teen her age should have.  

21 hours ago, princelina said:

Anyway, Heather lied because she'd already told her daughter that the goal of the luncheon was to upset Lisa by making her wear a bonnet.  Heather wins Asshole of the Week tonight IMO, and that's a hard thing to do when you're on a show with Monica, Meredith, Seth and his Taint. 😄

I just took that as a joke.  Sarcastic humor.

11 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yes! It has to be performance art! Thank you @Steph J you figured it out for us, nobody could really be like that in real life, right?

I've thought that about Monica all along.  I also think she has Jen in her ear still.

Churning butter reminds me of my sister making it that way with her kids.  She would even put it in a turkey mold and serve it for Thanksgiving. Yummy!

• Like 8
12 hours ago, ZettaK said:

The women dressed at the pioneer lunch like they were going to a formal event. Suits, extremely high platform shoes (Lisa), fur jackets (Meredith, Angie), bell bottom leather pants so long you could trip (Meredith), fur bags (Angie), and they knew they were going to a FARM. Also, Heather’s leather jacket was ugly.

But I knew that Angie knew she was going to be forced to wear a bonnet the minute I saw that she had her skanky side-bangs or whatever they're called pulled back into her bun! 😄

5 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

I just took that as a joke.  Sarcastic humor.

Yeah me too - as was my comment about her comment 😉  By the way, her "who do you throw out of the wagon" was just a game, after all!  For the record, I don't mind that she did it because that's how these shows are built, but the fact that she acted like she couldn't imagine in a million years what had gotten Monica SO UPSET - if you want to act like you have NO IDEA what's wrong you have to be a little more subtle in your set-up, Heather.  

• Like 6

Ugh, Meredith and her ugly leather pants.

The cameras did a close up of somebody's diamond rings, was that a nod to the missing $60,000 ring?  I also noticed two channel set diamond rings on Crazy Monica's index finger, think those two rings are  what she traded Meredith's ring for? LOL.

I would be tempted to keep shaking the cream to make butter, I'd totally take it home with me shaking it all the way.

My take away from the Lisa/Monica fighting is that Monica was mad at Lisa for saying LD was nice to her and Monica didn't like that somebody thought she was nice when in fact she is not....is that right? It seems that Monica needs an enemy at all times and she has chosen Lisa.

Jenn might have been in Monica's ear years ago but do we think she is secretly in touch with Jenn present day? 

When are those women going to dress appropriately for the event, I am sure they knew they were going to a farm and would be outside so why high heels and couture, they always seem shocked by their environs upon arrival.  And it looked cold!

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Ugh, Meredith and her ugly leather pants.

The cameras did a close up of somebody's diamond rings, was that a nod to the missing $60,000 ring?  I also noticed two channel set diamond rings on Crazy Monica's index finger, think those two rings are  what she traded Meredith's ring for? LOL.

I would be tempted to keep shaking the cream to make butter, I'd totally take it home with me shaking it all the way.

My take away from the Lisa/Monica fighting is that Monica was mad at Lisa for saying LD was nice to her and Monica didn't like that somebody thought she was nice when in fact she is not....is that right? It seems that Monica needs an enemy at all times and she has chosen Lisa.

Jenn might have been in Monica's ear years ago but do we think she is secretly in touch with Jenn present day? 

When are those women going to dress appropriately for the event, I am sure they knew they were going to a farm and would be outside so why high heels and couture, they always seem shocked by their environs upon arrival.  And it looked cold!

Thank you for reminding me of the other thing I wanted to comment on! Lisa was wearing her $60,000 ring!!! Did she find it, or did she get a replacement? She did call her jeweler from the trip as soon as it went missing, didn’t she? So he probably got right to work on a new one. I’m surprised she didn’t make a fuss about it, showing off her now $120,000 investment (if she didn’t get insurance money).

• Like 3
  • Useful 6

The argument was over between Lisa and Monica but Monica couldn’t stand not getting the attention so she had start with the crying. She’s not a good fit. All she does is throw her mom under the bus as well as her baby daddy’s. She is gross and disgusting. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
On 11/22/2023 at 10:58 AM, Pi237 said:

Angie slamming the glass, and yelling Opa!  Hilarious. Any Greek people here? Does the actually happen?! I laughed so hard.

Always shocked to see bright white couches in their homes. All that makeup and self-tanner, not to mention some have kids, some still menstruate, accidents happen!

Lots of marriage talk this week aka time to fast forward. I find those conversations Intensely tedious and boring.

This is a 30 second ESPN commercial from about 5 years ago with Giannis Antetokounmpo, and "Greek Traditions". 

• LOL 5

Finally watched this episode and have a couple of thoughts.  First, when Whitney was have lunch and droning on about having to carve time out just for herself, I snorted.  Is this the 70s?  My goodness what a big girl to consider how to make a family work when both parents work outside of the home!

Second, when the question about marriage being hard came up, I would have given Whit major points if she had mentioned the hardest part was them both divorcing their first spouses to then get married when Whit was pregnant.  Seems like that would have been the hardest part of being married for both of them. 😃

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
9 hours ago, albarino said:

Finally watched this episode and have a couple of thoughts.  First, when Whitney was have lunch and droning on about having to carve time out just for herself, I snorted.  Is this the 70s?  My goodness what a big girl to consider how to make a family work when both parents work outside of the home!

Second, when the question about marriage being hard came up, I would have given Whit major points if she had mentioned the hardest part was them both divorcing their first spouses to then get married when Whit was pregnant.  Seems like that would have been the hardest part of being married for both of them. 😃

Whit having two businesses that she has partners with makes me think she puts in zero to one hours a week towards those businesses probably at her partners request.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
10 hours ago, albarino said:

I would love to hear from Justin and Whitney’s first set of spouses. Seth should have had them show up about halfway through the podcast of Justin and Whitney’s stupid ramblings about marriage.

• Fire 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, ladle said:

Not a Meredith fan, but I loved that she kept casually churning the butter throughout multiple scenes because she didn't want to leave the chore undone.

That would have been me!  I woulda had that fucking butter if it killed me!

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

I wonder if it says something about how boring Angie and her husband are that I became obsessed with the continuity errors happening behind them during their dinner. Another patron was there, then gone, then back again! The table behind them was cleared, then set, then cleared again! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
On 11/21/2023 at 7:09 PM, SweetieDarling said:

Yup, we did it every year around Thanksgiving time in my kindergarten class (I was the teacher) and never had an issue.  Maybe the kindergarteners have more energy and motivation than a group of rich housewives.

I thought Heather's question about who would you throw off the wagon was really bad-  it only serves to single out the less popular people and hurt feelings.  Even though it was probably thought up by some production assistant, I wouldn't have gone along with that game.  I'm just glad it didn't continue so more of the group would feel hurt..

• Like 2