Type keyword(s) to search

What is...In the Media?

Sharpie66
  • Start Topic

29 minutes ago, zoey1996 said:

Time travelling? The one-year was in early March.

I didn't say that specific day was exactly one year. Just that IT'S BEEN one year. Which is has. Even today, in April, he's still been one year healthy. If someone would prefer the exact hours and minutes, feel free to post. Because I'm not.

The radio show was discussing his book, not his hospital prognosis, and the one-year comment was given in that context. It was not meant to mislead or upset anyone.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1

Buzzy Cohen is on the new Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, as one of the "backup players". He'll be continuing on the next episode, if anyone is interested (or wants to avoid).

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, secnarf said:

Buzzy Cohen is on the new Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, as one of the "backup players". He'll be continuing on the next episode, if anyone is interested (or wants to avoid).

I posted that in the Small Talk thread, with the addition that somehow the voice over got turned on my teevee. When Buzzy walked on, all the VO said was, "Buzzy wears round glasses," which I found very funny.

• LOL 4
4 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

Interesting interview with Ken about his first game.

One of the best interviews I've read, and the links at the bottom lead to even more good ones. Thanks for sharing, Your Majesty.

• Love 2

I got a Jeopardy email the other day saying the 2020 Teachers Tournament will air plus regular games will return, but I deleted before noting the dates. So looks like we'll be back to new eps after the GOAT rerun.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

and here I thought her cute head scarves were just a fashion statement!

So did I.  I guess you don't have to wear a babushka scarf to meet religious codes:)

• Love 1
On 5/17/2020 at 8:02 PM, forumfish said:

And then Brad Rutter, and then Pam Mueller. I just hope Austin or James isn't next!

I actually wouldn't mind James. On the other hand, Austin???? *runs out of room screaming*

• Love 1

And Alex just won Outstanding Game Show Host.

They showed his acceptance video, and while it’s probably too soon to find and link, it should be pop up online eventually.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, opus said:

And Alex just won Outstanding Game Show Host.

They showed his acceptance video, and while it’s probably too soon to find and link, it should be pop up online eventually.

And here it is:  

• Love 2
(edited)

Jeopardy related. Almost every night for a very long time Mel Brooks and Carl Reiner would get together to have dinner and watch Jeopardy. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7

Some upcoming reruns - 7/22: Chuck Forrest record-breaking win; 7/23: Frank Spangenberg record-breaking win; 7/24: 10th anniversary final.

Then there's a week of classic Celebrity Jeopardy (don't know the years on these, just contestants) - 7/27: Carol Burnett, Regis Philbin, Donna Mills; 7/28: Jodi Foster, Harry Connick Jr., Nathan Lane; 7/29: Jeff Probst, Charles Barkley, Martha Stewart; 7/30: Wayne Brady, Dana Delany, Eric Idle; 7/31: Michael McKean, Cheech Marin, Jane Curtin.

• Love 5
(edited)
10 hours ago, DXD526 said:

Then there's a week of classic Celebrity Jeopardy (don't know the years on these, just contestants) - 7/27: Carol Burnett, Regis Philbin, Donna Mills; 7/28: Jodi Foster, Harry Connick Jr., Nathan Lane; 7/29: Jeff Probst, Charles Barkley, Martha Stewart; 7/30: Wayne Brady, Dana Delany, Eric Idle; 7/31: Michael McKean, Cheech Marin, Jane Curtin.

Thank heavens they are not showing the Celebrity Jeopardy episode with Wolf Blitzer. Worst. Jeopardy. Player. Ever!

Edited by j5cochran
left out a crucial word - "not"!
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, DXD526 said:

Michael McKean, Cheech Marin, Jane Curtin.

I remember that being a great celebrity championship; I was rooting for Curtin, but they were all good players.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/7/2020 at 1:48 PM, DXD526 said:

Jeff Probst, Charles Barkley, Martha Stewart

This seriously happened?  

How early did they have to stop production?   They're normally in reruns in the summer anyway but they're already pulling out episodes from the 80s to fill things out.

Edited by Maverick
31 minutes ago, Maverick said:

How early did they have to stop production?   They're normally in reruns in the summer anyway but they're already pulling out episodes from the 80s to fill things out.

Maybe I’m just a Jeopardy nerd, but I consider that a feature, not a bug. I’d rather see curated vintage episodes than reruns from a few months ago. 

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

Maybe I’m just a Jeopardy nerd, but I consider that a feature, not a bug. I’d rather see curated vintage episodes than reruns from a few months ago. 

I agree. I'm way less likely to remember the correct responses.

24 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I agree. I'm way less likely to remember the correct responses.

Lol good for you.  I could rewatch a recording from last night and still not remember the correct responses. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 7/7/2020 at 1:48 PM, DXD526 said:

Some upcoming reruns - 7/22: Chuck Forrest record-breaking win; 7/23: Frank Spangenberg record-breaking win; 7/24: 10th anniversary final.

This is the very first CJ! episode, so it's from 1992. I've seen this one on YouTube; the banter between  Alex and Regis is hilarious. 

• Love 1
On 7/17/2020 at 8:11 PM, SoMuchTV said:

Ditto. I was just 5 when Alex began hosting the show, so I look forward to going back in time when my Grandma was alive and I would watch with her. 💖

I don't mind the vault episodes.  I just wondered how much more time they had to fill than normal.   I didn't realize that they normally only do 6 weeks of rerun in the summer so yeah, I see why they're re-airing all thee tournaments and older episodes.

Overall, I thought the questions were easier in the first episode.   Not sure if that's era or they just wanted to make sure people made money and the first episode was exciting.  Other than the contestants ringing before Alex got two words out, the most annoying thing was the audience clapping every time someone got an answer right.    Well that, and the one guy's balloon atom.   

• Love 1
(edited)

Alex was interviewed on Morning Edition: https://www.npr.org/2020/07/21/892040156/alex-trebek-is-here-to-tell-you-the-answer-is

(Note: The text doesn't include everything that aired.)

Washington Post book review: Alex Trebek’s memoir, ‘The Answer Is . . .,’ is everything a ‘Jeopardy!’ fan could want

The game show host had no plans to write a memoir, but the outpouring of support after he revealed his cancer diagnosis changed his mind.

Edited by dcalley
  • Love 2

Jeopardy!’ GOAT Stars In Talks To Lead ABC Remake Of ITV’s British Game Show ‘The Chase’

Game show "The Chase" is one of the most consistent hits on British broadcaster ITV. The show is now finally coming to broadcast television in the U.S. with ABC remaking it with the stars of "Jeopardy! The Greatest of All Time".

Ken Jennings, James Holzhauer and Brad Rutter are in talks to become “The Chasers” in the unscripted entertainment quiz.

https://deadline.com/2020/07/jeopardy-goat-stars-in-talks-to-lead-abc-remake-the-chase-1202992479/

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, opus said:

Jeopardy!’ GOAT Stars In Talks To Lead ABC Remake Of ITV’s British Game Show ‘The Chase’

Dearest James,

How can I miss you if you won't go the hell away?

Signed,

I still can't stand you

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
On 7/24/2020 at 9:51 PM, saber5055 said:

I've never seen The Chase, but wasn't it posted here that James was on it? Some Jeopardy dude was. I thought it already was an American teevee game show.

A few Jeopardy contestants have also done The Chase.  James was one of them, and unsurprisingly he won a very large amount.  That version of The Chase ran on GSN from 2013-2015.  So it hasn't had new episodes in about 5 years (although I think reruns are still being shown).

What's being talked about here is a prime time revival on ABC.

• Useful 1

Spotted on Facebook:   New season, new changes! Here's a sneak peek at what you can expect from #Jeopardy37, starting September 14.

I can’t find the link right now, but Alex will be hosting, and Ken Jennings joins the J! team and will be reading categories. 

• Love 2
On 7/28/2020 at 1:34 PM, MrAtoz said:

A few Jeopardy contestants have also done The Chase.  James was one of them, and unsurprisingly he won a very large amount.  That version of The Chase ran on GSN from 2013-2015.  So it hasn't had new episodes in about 5 years (although I think reruns are still being shown).

What's being talked about here is a prime time revival on ABC.

Yes, the 2013-15 American The Chase episodes are still being rerun on GSN weekdays at 3 PM EST. In fact, today's rerun was the episode with James!