Type keyword(s) to search

S35.E04: The Day Keeps Rockin' Here in Vietnam

• Start Topic

Teams continue racing in Vietnam and face the hustle and bustle of a congested Vietnamese market, where they must properly set up a fish stand and deliver mattresses to a local hotel.

Original airdate 10/18/23

I liked the enthusiastic fisher monger judge. Beautiful wish temple and tile temple. Pretty hypocritical of AL to not help Todd but then call out Chelsea for not helping her. Awesome that match gaming at home helped Chelsea find the right tile fast for the mega leg win. Sad to see Jocelyn and Vic eliminated from 1st for 2 weeks to last in one  mega leg but glad they left with a positive attitude and had fun. Looking forward to the pink city of palaces next week. 

• Like 18

I’m mooching off my brothers cable right now and have no way to fast forward or pause. I usually catch this on Hulu the next day but decided to watch live despite all of the above. 

I thought the episode moved much better this week for the 90 minute format. Was sad to see J&V eliminated this week but was glad to see Yeremi and Liam go on. I have a soft spot for their brother story and find it amusing because my oldest son is named Jeremy Liam and his younger brother is close in age. I could see them doing the race together once they grow out of these pesky pre teen, teenage years. 

My boys love to fish but they know I’m of no help to them when it comes to taking a fish off the line. My 11 year old handles them much better than the 14 year old though. I’d be squealing too if I had to touch those eels. .

• Like 7

I'm a bit confused. Was this an extra-long leg? Or could it be considered separate from last week's episode?

Man, Jocelyn & Victor had a rough day. They took a fall from the top, landed in tenth place, then they couldn't climb out of the depths.

Hell, the Roadblock was more of a game changer than anything that happened that day. Joel & Garrett returned to the back of the pack despite having a great day. The handsome brothers went from dead last to the middle. I think the only memorable thing about Robbin & Chelsea was the spelling of the former's name. Well, they rallied from the very back to the front.

Of course Todd would shout "PIVOT!" while carrying the mattresses up the stairs. He strikes me as that big of a cornball.

Joel & Garrett are great. It's not that cheesy when Joel went over his letter from home and wiped away the tears with his beard.

There doesn't seem to be a bad team in the bunch. Yeah, Anna Leigh was catty about not getting help from Chelsea, but that's a drop in the bucket.

• Like 18

Awww, sad to see Joyce and Victor leave.

I want to know how long that roadblock took.  That must have been a brutal day in that heat and humidity. The hotel and airport/airplane are going to feel so good.

I like that they all had different tiles so they couldn't team up. They need to do that more.

• Like 18
31 minutes ago, mertensia said:

Awww, sad to see Joyce and Victor leave.

Me too.  It was hard to  watch  so many of my favorite teams bringing up the rear this leg.

I like that the The Beard Brothers got letters from home and, along with orange shirt team, made wishes that didn't involve winning the Race.

• Like 23

I'm not keen on the team that came first, but I was so sad Jocelyn and Victor came last. They didn't even get the fish challenge as quickly as I thought they would. I think  they were tired.
Hard challenges, those mattresses, not easy even for the fit guys. That tile was horrible, I just can't believe how quickly some of them got it.
I loved the place they made their wishes, it's just the kind of place I love

• Like 23
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, dizzyd said:

I liked the enthusiastic fisher monger judge. Beautiful wish temple and tile temple. Pretty hypocritical of AL to not help Todd but then call out Chelsea for not helping her. Awesome that match gaming at home helped Chelsea find the right tile fast for the mega leg win. Sad to see Jocelyn and Vic eliminated from 1st for 2 weeks to last in one  mega leg but glad they left with a positive attitude and had fun. Looking forward to the pink city of palaces next week. 

Plus that was not a good challenge to collaborate on - as was evident, it was hard enough finding one tiny identifying factor, trying to keep two separate ideas in your mind and look for two different things under those high pressure, hot, humid, already brain-frazzled conditions made no sense.

So far she (Ashleigh? Annabelle?)  is the only one I vaguely dislike.

I suspect the woman on the winning team (Robbin with two bs for some reason), who some people here seem to dislike, may have a bit of a chip on her shoulder - I'm guessing she's working class, she has an unremarkable body and face, prominent tatts, and she was probably expecting (having watched previous seasons) her competitors to be a bunch of bitchy, whiny, backstabbing mactors/reality show star wannabees and fame whore you tubers, and presented herself accordingly.  Hopefully she'll learn, just like well-fed, well-rested us, in our comfy armchairs with our drinks by our sides, that most of these people appear to be remarkably normal and nice.  I'm willing to bet she can drive a stick shift.

Edited by Ancaster
  • Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I love the match judge saying to Anna Leigh “oh, I’m so sorry” all sympathetic-like followed by a harsh “NO”.  It made me laugh.

I like Morgan and Lena, so I was surprised that I was rooting for Victor to find the tile first.  Must be age solidarity, heh.  Plus the brief background shot of Jocelyn’s face falling when Lena was successful was so sad.

Robbin, she’s the blond one?  I feel like in real life we might be friends, but as she is presented here, not so much.

• Like 10
6 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

That tile was horrible, I just can't believe how quickly some of them got it.

With the way the edititing went, it was hard to tell how long it took each team.

Sad to see V&J go, but somebody had to.  Anna Lee is really the only one getting on my nerves.

The brothers finally figured out to carry two mattresses down the street then one at a time up the stairs.  I laughed when I&J were just going to take all four.

"Endurance is different when you're in your air-conditioned living room"  LOL!

• Like 11
  • LOL 3
4 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

I laughed when I&J were just going to take all four.

After they struggled to take the first two up the stairs and were heading out for the rest, one asked "2 again?" and the other gave a very forceful "NO" 😆

If I had to guess, with so many teams bunching at the finish line like they did, the final Roadblock didn’t take hours and hours even though it looked brutal. Maybe a maximum of 40 minutes? Maybe someone will say in their recap. It didn’t look as hellacious as Season 6’s lock needle in the haystack one. 

I wonder in retrospect which challenge the sisters wished they used the Express Pass?

The various clue judges really put their own spin on things tonight.  

I was dumbfounded by so many teams wearing their backpacks while doing the Detour. Are they worried about them getting stolen? You’d think at the fish market you could lighten your load. 

Farewell team Everything Everywhere All At Once. Perhaps the show ran out of challenges which resembled your day jobs. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

Is there a reason there are just a handful of slightly different unique tile among thousands of identical ones at that temple? Is one supposed to walk around looking for them while contemplating something, is that normal practice there rather than just a TAR ask? Every time someone found their tile and ran off to get the judge, I was thinking I hope you remember where it is and can find it again. “I think it’s that way?..”

• Like 10
  • LOL 3

So Phil made it clear this was Leg 4 - not the second half of Leg 3. I'm sort of torn about that because for all intents and purposes, it renders Leg 3 a non-elimination leg, no matter how you spin it. Sure there was no Speed Bump or other penalty but it all amounts to the same thing if you're just moving onto a brand new leg.

Said leg being brutal. Both Detour options and the Roadblock were simply diabolical, especially considering how mentally and physically fatigued they had to be after Leg 3 without a break. I really can't decide which Detour I would have taken. The smell of the fish would have sickened me but the mattress delivery looked brutal. Although I think it was a mistake trying to carry the mattresses over their heads. I would have folded it in half and carried it between me and my partner.

(I hope nobody actually uses those mattresses, they were dropped all over the ground and the plastic covering was coming off by the time they were delivered. Or - is that where the teams had to sleep after this leg was over?)

Editing had me worried my beautiful Disney Princes were going to be Philiminated, they got quite a bit of screen time. So relieved I'll get more of their handsome faces. But how does Liam see with that mop of hair in his eyes?

The only one I dislike right now is Anna Leigh. She was getting on my nerves last leg, but saying Chelsea's refusal to help her "says a lot about her character" really took the cake. Uh, nobody is supposed to help you when you're fighting for your place on the mat that close to the end, dumbass. What an entitled little B.

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Fake Jan Brady said:

I did not enjoy watching all those fish gasping for breath.

so agree. i hate fish markets, in that i just see a bunch of animals being suffocated slowly. i know most people consider fish the low end of the animal spectrum (well just the edible ones, that's a whole nuther conversation not for here), but there's humane termination and not humane in my book. 

vietnam is very pretty, it'd be nice to visit. NOT the fish markets. i could spend an entire vacation visiting parks and temples.

ugh carrying mattresses, probably the most awkward thing to try to carry over distances unless they have handles on the sides. they flop too much!

V & J, awww sorry you are gone, you were such a nice couple.

rooting for the Franklin brothers now!!!

• Like 16
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Fukui San said:

Farewell team Everything Everywhere All At Once. Perhaps the show ran out of challenges which resembled your day jobs. 

It did seem like a lot of the challenges were "we run a grocery store, we do this every day" for them.

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

Anna Leigh gets a little too Texas pageant princess at times but she works like a demon so I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.  It's unfortunate that Jocelyn and Victor went out on a needle in a haystack challenge but they were behind all day and somebody had to go. Everyone this season is so likeable I don't want anyone to get eliminated - I guess if I had to pick my least likeable team it would be Robbin and her partner and that can change because I don't really dislike them.

• Like 12
4 hours ago, Fukui San said:

I was dumbfounded by so many teams wearing their backpacks while doing the Detour. Are they worried about them getting stolen? You’d think at the fish market you could lighten your load.

It is a rule on TAR that they don't guard personal items and it is up to you entirely unless there is a task where you start at one point and end at another like a long rappel say where a designated vehicle will bring your backpacks down to the finish of the task for you. 

But otherwise no, you are on your own.  And it was a very crowded, chaotic market where one bad apple amongst the hustle and bustle could purloin your backpack in a split second and basically end your race then and there.

• Like 3
  • Useful 7

I thought it was an extra-long leg.  There was no pit stop between last week's episode and last night's, and it was taking place on the same day.

2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

o Phil made it clear this was Leg 4 - not the second half of Leg 3.

When did he say that?  I was trying to watch while getting ready for bed and missed bits and bobs here and there.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Ancaster said:

I suspect the woman on the winning team (Robbin with two bs for some reason), who some people here seem to dislike, may have a bit of a chip on her shoulder - I'm guessing she's working class, she has an unremarkable body and face, prominent tatts, and she was probably expecting (having watched previous seasons) her competitors to be a bunch of bitchy, whiny, backstabbing mactors/reality show star wannabees and fame whore you tubers, and presented herself accordingly.  Hopefully she'll learn, just like well-fed, well-rested us, in our comfy armchairs with our drinks by our sides, that most of these people appear to be remarkably normal and nice.  I'm willing to bet she can drive a stick shift.

I don't know all that but she is the lady that was first bullied in high school by her now partner, lost her husband tragically then shortly thereafter almost died herself and went through brain surgery so she has been through a LOT in life so may be seen as tough because of same.  Going through hell and back can do that to you.

Edited by Skooma
  • Like 5
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

So this episode was a continuation of last week huh?  Liam and Yeremi said they didn't get but 2 hours of sleep.  So, they did rest after last week.  Plus, they departed to their first challenge at 9:35 AM!  

I guess I'm the only one but I like Anna Leigh!  Although I didn't agree about Chelsea helping her.  I wouldn't help no one!

I was glad that Jocelyn and Victor were eliminated.  I liked Jocelyn but Victor seemed a little arrogant at times. 

I hope Joe and Ian are eliminated next week.  

• Like 2
Just now, rr2911 said:

I guess I'm the only one but I like Anna Leigh!  Although I didn't agree about Chelsea helping her.  I wouldn't help no one!

I like Anna Leigh, too. The snit over Chelsie not helping her and the "we see their character" interview was not a good look, but Robbin & Chelsie's "we're not here to make friends" aloofness isn't a great look either. There's no law that says they have to be friendly (and they're certainly under no obligation to help another team) but if you make it patently obvious that you couldn't care less about anyone even on a casual chitchat during downtime level (as in last week's episode), you're going to get some reactions like that. I honestly think it was less that Chelsie refused to help that bothered AL (after all, someone else also declined to help and AL seemed to take that in stride) and more the brusque way she did it. Just say "sorry, I'm just going to focus on looking for mine."

If AL continues down the moralizing road, I'll change my opinion, but for now that's where I'm at.

5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I really can't decide which Detour I would have taken.

Based on the descriptions of the tasks, I definitely thought that delivery the mattresses sounded like the faster choice, but watching it unfold, it seemed like the fish stand was generally faster. I think if you could manage the mattresses in just two trips, then they might have been roughly even, but only Liam and Yeremi pulled that off, which says a lot about how hard it must have been: you needed the fitness of two young men who were recently in the military.

I normally feel like the needle-in-the-haystack tasks would be the end of me on the race, but at least racers could be methodical about this one, unlike the one a couple seasons ago, where they had to turn over stones and had to put them back where they found them, unmarked. While some teams definitely caught a lucky break (which always happens on this type of task), I feel like the people who lost a lot of time on this one were probably not very strategic in how they searched. Morgan noted with some frustration that Lena kept returning to places she had already been.

It seemed like the first five teams were all on top of each other at the mat, so I'm guessing they will all start the next leg within a few minutes of one another. I was surprised at how much I was rooting for Liam and Yeremi to survive. I'm glad they have a bit of a buffer between themselves and last place. They're not my favorite team (that's probably Rob and Corey), but they seem to have good attitudes. I hope Liam forgives himself for his past behavior towards his brother. As someone who went on a similar journey with my sister, all I can say is that sibling relationships can be really tough, especially before you both have developed an adult perspective.

Edited by Hera
Fixing a typo
  • Like 11
3 hours ago, proserpina65 said:
5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

o Phil made it clear this was Leg 4 - not the second half of Leg 3.

When did he say that?  I was trying to watch while getting ready for bed and missed bits and bobs here and there.

He said it was a new leg at the very start of it and referred to it as Leg 4 later on. 

Speaking of Phil, I loved how quiet and respectful he was explaining the Wish Pagoda. Jeff Probst would have been yelling his head off.

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, rr2911 said:

So this episode was a continuation of last week huh?  Liam and Yeremi said they didn't get but 2 hours of sleep.  So, they did rest after last week.  Plus, they departed to their first challenge at 9:35 AM!  

I believe they mean they got around 2 hours of sleep in the previous part - probably on the bus ride with the recliner seats. Multiple teams mentioned not having a lot of rest. They did not stop between being given the next clue at the mat and the continuation we saw in the last episode.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

My vote for the stupidest wish goes to the two women in pink , I don’t know their names, who wished to win this leg of the race. They were far enough behind that people had already checked into the mat. They might not have known that, but they did know that they were towards the back of the pack. At least the people wishing to win the whole race made sense, though I really liked the beard guys and the couple who wished for world peace. 
Yes, the first team to get to the temple also wished to win this leg, but they were already first so that, at least made sense, even if it was thinking kind of small. I mean, if somebody offers you a wish…go for it!

• Like 5
9 hours ago, Fukui San said:

If I had to guess, with so many teams bunching at the finish line like they did, the final Roadblock didn’t take hours and hours even though it looked brutal. Maybe a maximum of 40 minutes? Maybe someone will say in their recap. It didn’t look as hellacious as Season 6’s lock needle in the haystack one. 

It wasn’t even as brutal as leave no stone unturned from 2 seasons ago. That was miserable under a hot sun crawling on your knees turning over a million stones.

Eta: this page has reloaded 8 times before I could get through reading, so annoying with these forums! Not sure if I’ll make it through the survivor thread. When are they going to fix it? 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1

Whenever I hear the term "Needle in a Haystack" task I immediately think of Lena and Kristy from season 6. I see poor Lena out in that field all by herself unrolling haybale after haybale before Phil came out to the field to eliminate them. A true needle (clue) in a Haystack (bale).

• Like 5
  • Sad 7
  • Love 3

The detour tasks both seem to take about the same amount of time, but the mattress seemed more physically demanding.

It's funny the observation made by that one team, that working out in some air-conditioned Manhattan gym is not the same as doing something physical in the heat and humidity of Vietnam.

If not for having to carry the mattresses up 3 flights in that narrow staircase, it might not have been too bad.

As for the tile task, I would think there's some kind of a pattern that the racers didn't see or try to figure out.  The design layout of the monument obviously had deliberate patterns and symmetry so you'd think the tiles were laid in some pattern rather than randomly.

But maybe trying to map out a pattern would have taken just as long as walking up and down the aisles.

The bearded guy and his partner got emotional reading the little notes from his family.  The one guy was mopping tears with his beard!😁

Edited by aghst
  • Like 6

1 - Sad to see my favorite team, Joyce and Victor go so quickly. Now I'm rooting for the pink team and perhaps, my fellow gays.

2 - Greg and John are adorable.

3 - Corey is crazy handsome/pretty.

4 - I must be heartless, but I couldn't care less about Liam and Yeremi's very first-world sounding family drama.

• Like 3

That leg looked hard, they looked all exhausted and so defeated at some points of the episode.

Sad to see Joyce and Victor go. 

The brothers story is interesting to hear that the one was in war and writing letters and all he got back was a don't write him. Wow cold and cruel. They definitely have come a long way, when it would have been easier for the older brother to be done with him after that.  

• Like 5
11 minutes ago, Roccos Brother said:

Sad to see my favorite team, Joyce and Victor go so quickly. Now I'm rooting for the pink team and perhaps, my fellow gays.

2 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Sad to see Joyce and Victor go. 

I thought her name was Jocelyn? I wasn't sad to see them go actually. When it came down to it I was more afraid Joel and Garrett would go. As soon as they made it I was relieved. That's usually how I find out who I'm rooting for, I tell myself I'm fine with anyone but then when the last teams are racing for the mat I find I really do want one over the other.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, aghst said:

The bearded guy and his partner got emotional reading the little notes from his family.  The one guy was mopping tears with his beard!😁

I missed something. How did one of them have a letter from home? Did his family give it to him before he left, and he'd been carrying it around waiting to read it? Surely he's not getting mail in Vietnam, he didn't even know he'd be there. 

1 minute ago, dgpolo said:

I thought her name was Jocelyn? I wasn't sad to see them go actually. When it came down to it I was more afraid Joel and Garrett would go. As soon as they made it I was relieved. That's usually how I find out who I'm rooting for, I tell myself I'm fine with anyone but then when the last teams are racing for the mat I find I really do want one over the other.

Yes it's Jocelyn. When it came down to Victor and Jocelyn versus Morgan and Lena I was definitely rooting for Jocelyn and Victor. I don't dislike Morgan and Lena but I don't find them particularly interesting either.

• Like 4

The families had slipped letters in their packs that they brought on the race.

The racers knew about them and they were suppose to choose a good time so they did after submitting their wish card.

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

Wow, quite a tumble for Victor and Jocelyn.  They seemed so competent in the first couple episodes but had huge missteps once they were out of their comfort zone (markets).  Jocelyn had a terrible time with the lotus bouquets, Victor couldn't find the correct tile, and neither of them caught on quickly how to make rice paper.  It's too bad they fell so soon, they were very likable and handled their ousting well.

Love the judge at the fish market.  She was spunky.  The wish temple was beautiful.  I was sort of hoping all the wishes to win would bring down the karma hammer.  Guess it did for Vic and Joce.

On 10/18/2023 at 11:27 PM, Tango64 said:

Well, I think I’m Team Beautiful Brothers. 

There are two teams with beautiful brothers!  Thank you, casting directors!

On 10/19/2023 at 1:04 AM, mertensia said:

I like that they all had different tiles so they couldn't team up.

Yes!  They had to do their own work!  Thank you, race planners!

On 10/19/2023 at 5:34 AM, Ancaster said:

So far she (Ashleigh? Annabelle?)  is the only one I vaguely dislike.

Ashley is Todd's wife.  Anna Leigh is the redhead racing with her dad.  I assume you mean Anna Leigh because she was acting kind of entitled?

7 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Did his family give it to him before he left, and he'd been carrying it around waiting to read it?

Both of them had letters of encouragement from their families.  Such a sweet idea!  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Artsda said:

The brothers story is interesting to hear that the one was in war and writing letters and all he got back was a don't write him. Wow cold and cruel. They definitely have come a long way, when it would have been easier for the older brother to be done with him after that.  

Yes, I was worried that the show was projecting a Liam & Yeremi elimination with all of their sappy close-ups this episode.  I do really like them, but the show seems to concentrate on their backstory more than any other team's.  

• Like 3
13 hours ago, aghst said:

It's funny the observation made by that one team, that working out in some air-conditioned Manhattan gym is not the same as doing something physical in the heat and humidity of Vietnam.

Yeah unfortunately the stark contrast between middle class America where physical activity for so many white collar types has become exercise in air conditioning and the rest of the work including blue collar America.

12 hours ago, Artsda said:

He wasn't in a war.  He was just in the military at the time.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
14 hours ago, aghst said:

I laughed at that too, thinking there’s often a big difference between working out in a gym to look buff and having actual functional strength. Movers do similar “hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life” tasks every day. 

Anna Leigh was good for an eye-roll with her “character” comment. It’s a race and you’re asking your opponent to look for two different tiles instead of one to enable you to win the leg. Riiiiiight…but heat of the moment, I get it.

The above moments included, this has been an enjoyable group of racers to watch. There’s basically been none of the inter-team squabbling, alliances have been limited to quick info shares, and “meltdowns” (I think a voiceover might’ve used that term) have really been only mild crankiness. 

• Like 8
4 minutes ago, mbluecpa said:

The above moments included, this has been an enjoyable group of racers to watch. There’s basically been none of the inter-team squabbling, alliances have been limited to quick info shares, and “meltdowns” (I think a voiceover might’ve used that term) have really been only mild crankiness.

The biggest "meltdowns" I saw were actually pretty funny. Malaina freaking out during the fish task while Andrea calmly but slightly exasperatedly kept telling her to just do it, and Lena freaking out and wildly chucking fish/eels into the bucket causing water (and fish?) to splash into Morgan's face, with resulting protests from Morgan.

18 hours ago, iMonrey said:

He said it was a new leg at the very start of it and referred to it as Leg 4 later on. 

Speaking of Phil, I loved how quiet and respectful he was explaining the Wish Pagoda. Jeff Probst would have been yelling his head off.

Thanks.  Obviously I missed that.  Doesn't really bother me since it's still just a continuation of one very, very long day of racing with no rest, though.

12 hours ago, iMonrey said:

How did one of them have a letter from home? Did his family give it to him before he left, and he'd been carrying it around waiting to read it?

I think that was the case, that the family member had put it in his backpack before he left for the Race.

4 hours ago, Haleth said:

There are two teams with beautiful brothers!  Thank you, casting directors!

Yep, and all four beautiful brothers seem like good people so far, which makes them even more attractive to me.  I really hope I don't have to choose between them any sooner than absolutely necessary - like the next to last leg.

• Like 6
15 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

Whenever Dad says "Anna Leigh" does anyone else hear "Emily"?

omg yes! I even mentioned it to my daughter. And then she called herself something while giving herself a pep talk doing the tiles and I couldn't quite make it out but it didn't sound like Anna Leigh or Emily?

Edited by dgpolo
spelling
  • Like 2
On 10/19/2023 at 4:03 PM, tracyscott76 said:

I honestly think it was less that Chelsie refused to help that bothered AL (after all, someone else also declined to help and AL seemed to take that in stride) and more the brusque way she did it. Just say "sorry, I'm just going to focus on looking for mine."

I agree with this.  I don't think she expected Chelsea to help, it was more small talk, an Amazing Race version of "crazy weather, right?"  So the "shows your character" comment was more about the rudeness rather than the unwillingness to help.  

I want to dislike Anna Leigh for so many reasons, but darn it if I wasn't rooting for her and her dad the whole episode.  She's really impressing me with her willingness to just dive right in and get stuff done.  Sure she freaked out about the eels at first ("Arghh they're wiggling!!") but she didn't shut down and refuse to do the work which I think the promos were trying to imply.

• Like 7
18 minutes ago, Silver-hyren said:

... but she didn't shut down and refuse to do the work ...

this.

how many times have we seen a competitor stand at the edge of a task and just say "I can't, i just can't"

by now, anyone on any variation of the franchise should 

• drive stick
  • swim
  • bungee jump
  • not be afraid of heights
  • eat anything

granted it can make for entertaining footage, but it can get - well, you know.

• Like 7