Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05: Party Fowl

• Start Topic

Shep attempts to put the group's messiness aside and host a proper Southern dinner for his closest friends; when Olivia learns the truth from Taylor about what really happened with Austen, emotions boil over and Austen gets skewered.

Air date: 10.12.23

• Like 2

Reminder:

No spoilers. If something happened after the show was filmed it belongs in a character thread or media thread. There is also a thread for WWHL appearances. 

Stay on topic.  If you want to discuss in detail any personal experiences or travel plans to SC, please do so in the Small Talk thread. 

Do the producers really think we want to watch drama between Olivia and Taylor?  

Also, Olivia giving little Craig the stink eye on the patio tells me all I need to know about her.  He’s adorbs (although as my pic shows I’m a little biased).

• Like 12
  • Applause 1

Whitney's goal as producer is to portray himself as a ladies man. Everything suspiciously happens off camera, hookup(s) with Kathryn, romance with Naomi, fake supermodel girlfriend, now these unsolicited nekkid pics from Taylor. Apparently, feigning interest in Whitney is like the price of entry. Who is he really trying to fool? 

Loved Paige's comments & facial expressions to the shitshow dinner "Shhh, be quiet...how will I know to tell the story to other people?"

Why the heck does Austen think Olivia owes him a friendship? It's awkward because he's always such a douche.

• Like 22
  • Applause 2
4 hours ago, snarts said:

Why the heck does Austen think Olivia owes him a friendship? It's awkward because he's always such a douche.

Austen AND Production always seem to find a way to keep him on the show.  I've wondered who and what he is since Day One...but I'm old.

6 hours ago, Chicklet said:

This is a bore-fest. Shep and Austen are liars. The women just want drama. This really is a show about nothing.

But "Seinfeld" was smart, funny, and entertaining.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7

I have to confess that Paige didn't annoy me this episode.

And I had to laugh out loud when Patricia was discussing Taylor's nude photo with Whitney and finished with, "Well, if you're okay with it, I'm going to release my sex tape, then."

And was that Michael in the next episode previews?? I miss him!

• Like 10
  • LOL 2

The best thing Olivia has said, or will probably ever say on the show, is: "Fuck Austen, he's literally the scum of the earth."

Preach, girl!

And he proceeds to prove exactly her point during dinner and their conversation afterwards. 

Edited by slowpoked
  • Like 13

Yes, so boring, but I don't believe for one minute that they JUST kissed.  This is not high school.  They did more than kiss.  Kiss what? That's what gets on my nerves.  The lying.  Even if Austen and Olivia weren't an actual item or couple, the deception is enough to make me wanna drop you as a friend. 

Edited by zenme
  • Like 4
  • Applause 5

I mean, sometimes you've just gotta love Patricia.  "She's all about Jesus and goodness and then she's sending nude pictures and sleeping with other people's boyfriends.......sweet".  Does this not sum Taylor up in a nutshell???  I've given the side eye to her demure, meek, soft spoken, bible thumping, Jesus loving smoke screen image since the day she hooked up with Shep because come on, if she was truly even one of those things she wouldn't have touched that STD laden player with a 10 foot pole.  

I love how aggressively awful Austen was to Olivia.  Yes Austen, that's how you treat someone who's been hurt by your actions and who you claim you want to be friends with.  Just continue being mean to them and berating them.  What a terrible excuse for a human. What's even worse is he's got a line of ladies behind him farther than the eye can see just hoping to be his next victim. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

These people are pushing 40 right? And they’re fighting over high school bullshit? Do they not realize how badly they are embarrassing themselves all in the name of “fame”? 

What woman in her right mind would want to be with Shep or Austen? Besides thirsty 20-something’s who want to be on tee-vee? 

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
47 minutes ago, hottesthw said:

These people are pushing 40 right? And they’re fighting over high school bullshit? Do they not realize how badly they are embarrassing themselves all in the name of “fame”? 

LOL, I know! "Did you kiss him?" "OMG, you guys kissed!"

But like Olivia said, it wasn't the hookup itself that got her upset, it's that she asked Taylor about it point blank and she lied to her face numerous times. That's upsetting in any scenario, hooking up with earth scum or not.

I'm so glad they aired a flashback to when Taylor said "hand on the bible, we did not hook up," because it's such a blatant lie. I've learned a long time ago that when bible thumpers do thump the bible, they always mean the opposite. They thump the bible in order to stoke fear in order to not question them anymore (because who wants to question the bible),  but in reality, they're just blatantly lying to your faces.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3

C'mon, a kiss is not hooking up, is it?  

"Hooking up means sexual activity. Kissing (or making-out) is not hooking up. Any type of oral, vaginal or anal sex is considered hooking up.What is Hooking Up? Examining Definitions of Hooking ... - NCBI"

Are these nine year old boys and girls?  Should Taylor now worry that she's pregnant because she and Austen "hooked up"?  

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
On 10/12/2023 at 11:37 PM, For Cereals said:

I still don’t know why this is a thing.  And really, tears at Little Craig’s reunion with Taylor?  Just stahp. 

Aw. I admit to falling for this sentimentality. It’s obvious Shep still really loved Taylor and was heartbroken seeing the “family reunion” and how much Little Craig loves and misses her, too. However, that all went out the door when Shep was questioning Taylor that no one “just kisses” and she retorts with “You ‘just kissed’ all of the girls you cheated on me with!” Suddenly Shep was willing to accept her version of the truth lest she start questioning his! 

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

Taylor already lost me with her "Bitter party of one" last year. I have no tolerance for women like her. Wow, Shep cheated and didn't want to marry her. Shocking. Said no one ever. He is what he is. Now she's flirting with Austen (Gag) and sending nude photos to Whitney? WTF? I don't like Olivia either, but I get why she was angry walking into everyone knowing her so called friend lied to her. Funniest line of the season was Patricia saying she'll go ahead and release her sex tape. I didn't totally dislike Paige, but I think that's just because compared to Olivia, Taylor and Madison, she looks better. Not a high bar. 

Edited by chlban
  • Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Vivigirl10 said:

Yes Austen, that's how you treat someone who's been hurt by your actions and who you claim you want to be friends with. 

Most people cannot be friends with an ex.  You have to be very mature and self aware, and Austen is neither.

5 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

What is Hooking Up? Examining Definitions of Hooking ...

I thought hooking up was used ten years ago and then it became Netflix and chill and now it is talking to lol.

5 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

Are these nine year old boys and girls?  Should Taylor now worry that she's pregnant because she and Austen "hooked up"?  

Yes, a baby in her “tummy.”

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
2 hours ago, chlban said:

Now she's flirting with Austen (Gag) and sending nude photos to Whitney?

Is she blackout drunk when she does this stuff?  If not, she knows what she’s doing.  If so, she needs help. 

Leva owns multiple restaurants and has never even heard of pheasant?  

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Like 12

What the fuck is this dumb shit. What a horrible show. Austen is the biggest dud ever like am I supposed to care about this lame ass drama.

Shep was crying why? How lame fuck off.

Austen Olivia and Taylor being the main storyline is so lame like they are the biggest duds and so boring. 

Shep really does think he’s better than everyone you can tell by his comments. Like fuck off you almost 50 year old fuck boy. Someone talking loud at a table is worse then your pathetic display.

Whitney is a fucking joke. Stop with this fake shit. If Taylor did send him a pic it’s not cause he’s some ladies man it’s cause he’s a producer on the show so ew Whitney.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

I'm very impressed with how Olivia handled herself during the fowl party set-up/ambush. Austin and Traylor are only concerned with being outed as completely shitty people, they don't GAF about Olivia's feelings and she's not having it. Good for her. Traylor is a trash friend. I actually felt a little sorry for Shep, which is hard to do, considering his behavior last season.

Whitney if you have nekkid Traylor photos, show them.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

I think Shep still loves Taylor, as much as he can love another. I mean he adores Craig the dog. I don't  know what he sees in Taylor, I find her vacant and boring. It's  not very good, but I'm still watching.  Madison loves saying they hooked up, when it was a drunken kiss. Bored little HW.

• Like 8
20 minutes ago, dancingdreamer said:

I don't  know what he sees in Taylor, I find her vacant and boring.

I think he was seeing if a “good girl” would be better for him than the usual club girls he drags home at closing time.  Although now we find she either never was what she represented herself to be or has changed after hanging out with the rest of the cast.  Super religious woman sending nude pics to a man she isn’t even dating?

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

During one episode: 

Taylor (or whichever one she is): "I swear I didn't hook up/kiss/hump/get a Dirty Sanchez from douchey Trop Hop totin' useless Austen."

This episode:

Taylor (or whichever one she is): "Oh, wait, I'm supposed to pretend like I DID hook up/kiss/hump/get a Dirty Sanchez from douchey Trop Hop totin' useless Austen."

Ugh. As fabulous as Charleston is, ALL these rubes are sitting around gossiping about THE most uninteresting thing on earth? Okay. I'm out. RIP, Southern Charm. You used to be great.

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Like 8
  • Applause 3

I finally watched this episode and I still don't know why Olivia is so angry.  She and Austin never really dated, right?  So why should she care that Taylor and Austin kissed?  She should first start her conversation with Austin by saying "Thank you for getting me on this stupid show.  That was really my goal all along."

I do understand her annoyance with Taylor for lying to her about her kiss with Austin but so what?!?  Was it really any of her business to begin with?  This is the scandal that has everybody clutching their pearls?  Move on people.

Finally, a nod to a poster on the board who commented that she was surprised at the cast's lack of familiarity with pheasant.  I think it is now even farm-raised; I was able to buy a pheasant at Whole Foods last Thanksgiving.  BTW, it is delicious!

• Like 4

The scene with Patricia, Madison, and Whitney was the funniest part of the show. 

Did Taylor become desperate at one point that she could be dropped from the show, that's why she hooked up with Austen, and sent risque as she called them photos to Whitney who is an executive producer? What a nice Christian girl. 

Austen, get off my screen.

Why is this show still on?

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

I wonder if, as part of the contract they sign, they agree that Whitney as producer gets to invent whatever story he wants about you and you have to accept it.  Unless we see those pictures, I am not believing that Taylor send him nude pics.

• Like 6

If, as Whitney is saying, the picture Taylor sent said “come one come all,” it was probably an invitation to an event of some sort and she was probably not totally naked.  I couldn’t see her sending random pics.  I could be wrong.

Im annoyed about them eating pheasant.  So the bird is not really tasty because it lacks fat, so it has to be cooked in duck fat.. so why eat it?  They are beautiful birds, just leave them alone.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, TexasGal said:

I wonder if, as part of the contract they sign, they agree that Whitney as producer gets to invent whatever story he wants about you and you have to accept it.  Unless we see those pictures, I am not believing that Taylor send him nude pics.

Maybe she was nude under her clothes lol.

22 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Im annoyed about them eating pheasant.  So the bird is not really tasty because it lacks fat, so it has to be cooked in duck fat.. so why eat it?  They are beautiful birds, just leave them alone.

Asshole Shep enjoys hunting (note all the jokes about someone finding a bullet in their portion) and hunters think it is more defensible when they eat their prey rather than just kill them for sport.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
15 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

If, as Whitney is saying, the picture Taylor sent said “come one come all,” it was probably an invitation to an event of some sort and she was probably not totally naked.  I couldn’t see her sending random pics.  I could be wrong.

I assumed something similar. That it was some photoshoot she took to “take back her power” after the break-up and it included the illusion of nudity with appropriate coverage. I really doubt she snapped a private photo specifically to sext Whitney directly and exclusively! 

4 hours ago, albarino said:

I finally watched this episode and I still don't know why Olivia is so angry.  She and Austin never really dated, right?  So why should she care that Taylor and Austin kissed?  She should first start her conversation with Austin by saying "Thank you for getting me on this stupid show.  That was really my goal all along."

I do understand her annoyance with Taylor for lying to her about her kiss with Austin but so what?!?  Was it really any of her business to begin with?  This is the scandal that has everybody clutching their pearls?  Move on people.

Finally, a nod to a poster on the board who commented that she was surprised at the cast's lack of familiarity with pheasant.  I think it is now even farm-raised; I was able to buy a pheasant at Whole Foods last Thanksgiving.  BTW, it is delicious!

I may be mistaken, but to me it’s the timing of the kiss plus the cover-up of it that she’s most upset about. It sounds like they all flew to NY for the reunion, where Austen begged Olivia for another chance. She stayed on for a few days, while Austen and Taylor returned to Charleston, and in that few-day span, Austen and Tayler had their kiss and discussed possibly dating. So when Olivia returned home excited to give Austen another chance, suddenly he had a change of heart and wasn’t interested anymore. Olivia likely went to Tayler as a shoulder to cry on—and of course her new best friend did not acknowledge that she’s the reason Austen is no longer interested. I think if it was just we dated 6 months ago and nothing came of it and now you two want to give it a shot and you came to me (and Shep) as your friend(s) and were honest with us, I think there’d be more understanding that we’re all adults and maybe you have a better foundation for a relationship than we did. But the whole timing of it and asking Olivia for another chance at the same time of asking Taylor to explore things—and keeping this all from your “friend” brings it right back to high school.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3

Olivia is upset that her friend broke girl code by making out with her recent ex, and then lied about it.  Repeatedly.

Taylor has this coldness that I never had noticed before.  I always thought she was this sweet Southern girl, but she's an ice wall.

That pheasant looked so gross to me.  Hate anything gamey.  Yick.  I'll just sit in my 20-car line at ChickFilA, thankyouverymuch, lol.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1

Shep is incapable of loving any woman. And if we forget that, let's look back at the way he treated Taylor when they were together. He may care for her and wish her the best but that's it. When he treated her so badly at that bird hunting retreat they were all on, yelling at her, demeaning her, embarrasing her in front of all their friends is not love. He is a colossal asshole, he knows he is and he knows he can never be in a comitted relationship with anyone. That's why he isn't beating the hell out of Austin and he's being pretty cool about their hookup. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
On 10/16/2023 at 1:51 PM, Starlight925 said:

Taylor has this coldness that I never had noticed before.  I always thought she was this sweet Southern girl, but she's an ice wall.

I don't know if she was always like this, and she was pretending she was nice, or she changed because she was corrupted by the reality show fame, and this group of people. Either way, she had a choice not to participate in a reality show, or associate with this group. And she had a choice not to swear on the bible about hooking up with Austen, and lie anyway.

Olivia doesn't owe Austen anything, friendship, or otherwise. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 4
On 10/16/2023 at 12:10 PM, heatherchandler said:

He cooked it a la duck confit.

• Like 2
On 10/12/2023 at 10:36 PM, snarts said:

Whitney's goal as producer is to portray himself as a ladies man. Everything suspiciously happens off camera, hookup(s) with Kathryn, romance with Naomi, fake supermodel girlfriend, now these unsolicited nekkid pics from Taylor. Apparently, feigning interest in Whitney is like the price of entry. Who is he really trying to fool? 

I've always side-eyed the narrative that Whitney is a ladies man. It doesn't track with his vibe. Remember when he dated the model? They felt like strangers

On another note, is it just me or does Whitney look extremely swollen in some of these scenes? The difference between his look at the house with his mom and the new butler, and his look in the talking heads (much less bloated) is striking. It was so noticeable, I wondered if he was sick or on some medication.

• Like 2
On 10/16/2023 at 12:40 PM, JenE4 said:

I may be mistaken, but to me it’s the timing of the kiss plus the cover-up of it that she’s most upset about. It sounds like they all flew to NY for the reunion, where Austen begged Olivia for another chance. She stayed on for a few days, while Austen and Taylor returned to Charleston, and in that few-day span, Austen and Tayler had their kiss and discussed possibly dating. So when Olivia returned home excited to give Austen another chance, suddenly he had a change of heart and wasn’t interested anymore. Olivia likely went to Tayler as a shoulder to cry on—and of course her new best friend did not acknowledge that she’s the reason Austen is no longer interested. I think if it was just we dated 6 months ago and nothing came of it and now you two want to give it a shot and you came to me (and Shep) as your friend(s) and were honest with us, I think there’d be more understanding that we’re all adults and maybe you have a better foundation for a relationship than we did. But the whole timing of it and asking Olivia for another chance at the same time of asking Taylor to explore things—and keeping this all from your “friend” brings it right back to high school.

Well unless Olivia told Austen before he left with Taylor to go back home that she wanted to try again when she also returned home, she’s got nothing to complain about. I cannot believe I’m defending that douchebag, but Olivia never showed much interest in him and gave him nothing to hang on to. So him leaving her in NY and hooking up with someone else is totally acceptable. She wasn’t his girlfriend, hell she looked repulsed by him most of the time they were together (and rightfully so). I firmly believe she used Austen to get on this show and she is using this boring ass story line now to stay on this show. 

• Like 7

I had NO IDEA that Olivia & Austen were so close!! And about to get married or something.

This is just a bunch of bullshit.  They're just trying to get some shit going or this dumb show is gonna go down.

WTAF?

On 10/13/2023 at 1:30 PM, Vivigirl10 said:

I mean, sometimes you've just gotta love Patricia.  "She's all about Jesus and goodness and then she's sending nude pictures and sleeping with other people's boyfriends.......sweet".  Does this not sum Taylor up in a nutshell???  I've given the side eye to her demure, meek, soft spoken, bible thumping, Jesus loving smoke screen image since the day she hooked up with Shep because come on, if she was truly even one of those things she wouldn't have touched that STD laden player with a 10 foot pole.  

I love how aggressively awful Austen was to Olivia.  Yes Austen, that's how you treat someone who's been hurt by your actions and who you claim you want to be friends with.  Just continue being mean to them and berating them.  What a terrible excuse for a human. What's even worse is he's got a line of ladies behind him farther than the eye can see just hoping to be his next victim. 

Only one problem.  That line of girls who want to date Austen have a curfew.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

This dumbass show has jumped the shark.  STAWP IT NOW!!! Ugh, I just can't with these people anymore.  Buh-bye Southern Charm.  CYA.

And WHY, oh WHY, is Madison still on this dumb show??

Easy $$$ perhaps?

Edited by goofygirl
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
46 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

This dumbass show has jumped the shark.  STAWP IT NOW!!! Ugh, I just can't with these people anymore.  Buh-bye Southern Charm.  CYA.

And WHY, oh WHY, is Madison still on this dumb show??

Easy $$$ perhaps?

With Katherine gone they need someone with claws.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5