Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

The reunion concludes with new details about Shannon's relationship with her ex-boyfriend, John Janssen. Emily and Heather clash over Tamra's puppet mastery of Emily. The group has a fiery debate over what really went down at BravoCon, leaving Heather at odds with the rest of the ladies. 

Original air date 2023.10.11

• Like 1

Emily cracked me up with the commentary about the hair imbalance on the couches.  That’s about the only positive I’ve got.

I can’t believe Tamra came out squeaky clean.  Again.  Because everyone is “askeert” of her.  

• Like 13
  • Love 1

And it was finally said. Heather told production when Gina, Heather, and Emily were off filming at Gina's (starts at the 14th minute) that Shannon's relationship should be followed on the show. She then claimed in the reunion tonight she didn't discuss it on the show (which is not true since she did during filming and in confessionals which were shown tonight), which she then changed into "I didn't give details". John calling Shannon fat and unattractive, that she doesn't spend time with her, and so on is not details?

And of course everybody else started discussing it on the show, no doubt directed by production.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 7

The ending:

Shannon sure looked like she wasn't feeling the warm and fuzzies when Andy was talking about the cast ending the season on a good note.

Teary eyed Tamra, trying to act like she was feeling the warm and fuzzies towards her castmates, and secure her next season's employment. Fake.

Last observation of the reunion:

I really did like the set. Very different from all other reunions - the OC franchise and all others. I liked how the cast were all dressed "down", and not too costumey. Shannon was the only one that looked bizarre. The harsh yellow color, the scary Twisted Sister (aka Dee Snyder) big crimped dated 80's hair. Just awful when everyone else looked very pretty.

• Like 9
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, Bossa Nova said:

The ending:

Shannon sure looked like she wasn't feeling the warm and fuzzies when Andy was talking about the cast ending the season on a good note.

Teary eyed Tamra, trying to act like she was feeling the warm and fuzzies towards her castmates, and secure her next season's employment. Fake.

Last observation of the reunion:

I really did like the set. Very different from all other reunions - the OC franchise and all others. I liked how the cast were all dressed "down", and not too costumey. Shannon was the only one that looked bizarre. The harsh yellow color, the scary Twisted Sister (aka Dee Snyder) big crimped dated 80's hair. Just awful when everyone else looked very pretty.

I didn't see most of these women looking polished or classy. Tamra and Shannon looked like clowns. 

Jenn's face and clothing choice were frightening. 

Emily looked good and Heather too. But Tamra is not ageing gracefully. She also insulted her boss, Andy, which might not get her another season. I hope he fires her. Again.

Does anyone know if Andy owns that home in Laguna Beach where the OC reunions are filmed? Or is it just a beach house rented by Bravo?

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

Shannon’s not back together with JohnJanssen (apparently that’s his full first name), they’re just friends. With benefits. 🙄 But what a shock that Shannon lied about something. Considering she’d just “apologized” by denying saying the thing she was apologizing for saying. Somehow she can’t remember that conversation yet remembers her intent? Whatever, asshole. Says a lot that Tamra couldn’t defend one thing her BFF said all reunion, and challenged her multiple times.

Gina’s utterly over it, and Heather looks right there with her. I give it 50/50 chance that anyone from the Heather couch returns to RHOC next season. While I’d be perfectly happy never to see Tamra couch again.

Edited by dmeets
  • Like 14

Fake Tamra,  crying,  making  nice with Jenn. Is that so they'll  have her back. Please no. She's a nasty pos , who was unnecessarily  nasty to Andy.

I hope Shannon  is going  to be okay, empty nest, depressed, I just want her to be well. I'm so happy  Heather managed  to squeak in, they have another new home. Blech! 

• Like 14

I felt uncomfortable watching Shannon.  She had had too much to drink before and during the reunion IMO.  She needs to get off this show and away from these toxic people for her health.   If she doesn't realize she has a problem and seeks real help, I'm afraid what might happen. 
When Tamra made the comment about Heather's Beverly Hills house, I thought does that mean Heather is out of OC and into RHOBH.  

• Like 9

I DVR’d this, but did see the very end. I liked Tamra saying to Andy, “If you have me back…” 

The viewer who e-mailed saying this was the best OC season ever…I’ll have whatever he’s smoking. I found this season to be a hot, confusing mess with totally unnecessary pile-ons. 

3 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

OF COURSE Heather’s new home is going to be better than the last… and that is why Heather is insufferable. The bragging … ugh.

Could THAT be the reason why she took a lot of heat this season? That, and her condescension toward others?  People get their bellyful of humble bragging. It just may have hit critical mass this year.

Maybe they are writing a “grand exit” script for Heather. 

• Like 8

That was really prophetic when they were talking about Shannan having a drinking problem and that her car should be outfitted with a breathalyzer. I mean, I guess it was inevitable. But interesting that John Janssen was pledging his love and planning their future and then 7 days later he dumped her. Then they’re telling Shannan she’s going to get in a drunk driving accident and then 10 days later (according to the card they displayed), she did.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 3
39 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

I DVR’d this, but did see the very end. I liked Tamra saying to Andy, “If you have me back…” 

The viewer who e-mailed saying this was the best OC season ever…I’ll have whatever he’s smoking. I found this season to be a hot, confusing mess with totally unnecessary pile-ons. 

Could THAT be the reason why she took a lot of heat this season? That, and her condescension toward others?  People get their bellyful of humble bragging. It just may have hit critical mass this year.

Maybe they are writing a “grand exit” script for Heather. 

Will Heather end up on RHoBH?! That would be a better fit for her.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Will Heather end up on RHoBH?! That would be a better fit for her.

Those ladies would probably knock her down a peg or two. 
She could go head to head with Kyle about being an actress which could be entertaining. Yes, I think it might be a better fit as well. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
30 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

We all witnessed Shannon having a breakdown on TV.  It was actually rather sad to see.  I hope someone who is close to her and has her best interest at heart, convinces her that its time for a serious change in life.  

She has a open DUI case and is STILL gonna do her Tres amgos thing with the 2 other girls .. she has NO grasp of things .. she doesnt have a problem ... UGH

• Like 10
  • Sad 5

Shannon would start saying one thing, and then say the opposite within the same sentence. She lies a lot. 

They all keep telling each other “talk to Me not everyone else” basically, ‘talk to me off camera. Not everyone else on camera” and that’s making this show worse. They’re trying to hide things that make them look bad. So, we only get part of the story or misleading comments. They work out storylines between themselves before the season starts, and when someone decides to go off script, it goes sideways. And ends up a mess of yelling-you did-no you did-no you did! And that’s so annoying and honestly boring.

Emily wouldn’t stop screeching over everyone. So, no one could finish a damn sentence. She and her ‘poor Heather’s’ while she kept playing ‘poor Emily’ I usually like her, but she needed a muzzle for this reunion. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

I have to be honest I was actually shocked Shannon managed to stay conscious the entire reunion.

My theory is that the "hair" was deliberately styled to be so painful she had to stay awake.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 15

I did like that Andy at least pointed out the all the stuff with Shannon was put on Heather by Tamra. He did hold her accountable. But of course Tamra skates by yet again with a bunch of fake tears and fake apologies. These women are all idiots for continuing to trust her.

• Like 18
6 hours ago, JenE4 said:

That was really prophetic when they were talking about Shannan having a drinking problem and that her car should be outfitted with a breathalyzer.

Emily said Shannon's PHONE should have a Breathalyzer.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
6 minutes ago, QQQQ said:

Emily said Shannon's PHONE should have a Breathalyzer.

Okay I couldn’t quite make it out with everyone screeching at the same time. Though if she’s drunk dialing and too drunk to call, she’s too drunk to drive.

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Okay I couldn’t quite make it out with everyone screeching at the same time. Though if she’s drunk dialing and too drunk to call, she’s too drunk to drive.

They pointed that out because Shannon gets drunk, calls them all, tells them stuff about her relationship and doesn't remember doing it. She was trying to say that she only told Heather and all the women had to jump in and say "you said it to all of us." It seems to be Shannon's MO of getting drunk, blabbing about her relationship and then regretting it when she sobers up. 

• Like 5
6 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Those ladies would probably knock her down a peg or two. 
She could go head to head with Kyle about being an actress which could be entertaining. Yes, I think it might be a better fit as well. 

It would certainly be more entertaining. If she pulls her usual attitude with the BH chicks…🔥🍿

1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

They pointed that out because Shannon gets drunk, calls them all, tells them stuff about her relationship and doesn't remember doing it. She was trying to say that she only told Heather and all the women had to jump in and say "you said it to all of us." It seems to be Shannon's MO of getting drunk, blabbing about her relationship and then regretting it when she sobers up. 

IOW, drunk dialing.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

I felt uncomfortable watching Shannon.  She had had too much to drink before and during the reunion IMO.  She needs to get off this show and away from these toxic people for her health.   If she doesn't realize she has a problem and seeks real help, I'm afraid what might happen. 
When Tamra made the comment about Heather's Beverly Hills house, I thought does that mean Heather is out of OC and into RHOBH.  

Shannon has been arguing she isn't an alcoholic since she 1st showed up on the show.  She is stepping towards major health issues should she continue.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Shannon has been arguing she isn't an alcoholic since she 1st showed up on the show.  She is stepping towards major health issues should she continue.

What was telling to me was Shannon listing different times she was drinking too much - her troubled marriage, her divorce, etc.  The problem is that she is always extremely stressed by something so she then always has an excuse, in her mind, as to why she would be drinking too much - her kids heading to college, breakup with John Jansen, . . . .  She is not thinking through that drinking to excess is not a healthy coping strategy; it is a problem in its own right.  She needs help in learning how to cope with stressful times without drinking.  And she really needs to dry out her currently well pickled brain.  Without alcohol, I don't think John Jansen will really be the great love of her life. Nor will her drinking buddies, Vicki and Tamra, be close friends.

• Like 12
  • Applause 4
5 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

What was telling to me was Shannon listing different times she was drinking too much - her troubled marriage, her divorce, etc.  The problem is that she is always extremely stressed by something so she then always has an excuse, in her mind, as to why she would be drinking too much - her kids heading to college, breakup with John Jansen, . . . .  She is not thinking through that drinking to excess is not a healthy coping strategy; it is a problem in its own right.  She needs help in learning how to cope with stressful times without drinking.  And she really needs to dry out her currently well pickled brain.  Without alcohol, I don't think John Jansen will really be the great love of her life. Nor will her drinking buddies, Vicki and Tamra, be close friends.

All of that describes an alcoholic. And yes, if Shannon really wants to get sober, she needs to cut the two other amigas out of her life. Basically, I think it means leaving the show, since everything about the show is a trigger. What’s important to her? Only she can answer that.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
4 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

All of that describes an alcoholic. And yes, if Shannon really wants to get sober, she needs to cut the two other amigas out of her life. Basically, I think it means leaving the show, since everything about the show is a trigger. What’s important to her? Only she can answer that.

I agree.  She is making the excuses alcoholics use as to why they need to drink.  The drinking only makes all of her issues worse.  She shows many signs of being an alcoholic.  The irony of them discussing her drinking to excess and not remembering what she has done, the black screen explaining that the show was filmed prior to her DUI, then Andy ending, as always, by passing around drinks.  

• Like 7

imo, she needs inpatient treatment at one of the facilities they feature on Intervention. She needs therapy for her underlying issues as well as for the drinking, and to learn better coping mechanisms.

She also needs to interact with true professionals that will help her, and not these quacks that she sees.

• Like 7
  • Applause 4

So Gina and Emily try to throw Heather under the bus by saying that when the cameras were down she said something to the effect that Shannon's relationship should be fair game on the show. Ok, noted. So what? She shared how she felt OFF camera and how she felt was that she thought it shouldn't be something they should have to shy away from when the cameras are rolling. That's not a smoking gun that's her stating her opinion. I'm so over Gina and Emily taking simple interactions and conversations and trying to assign some nefarious intent. THEY are the one's that continue pushing the narrative of "scandalous" actions and "damning" comments being made. They want to bring conflict up so all of a sudden every last comment out of Heathers mouth has some ill intention attached to it and that's their story. 

Look, ain't nobody pretending that Heather isn't having her own little internal dialogue that tip toeing around Shannons pathetic relationship is bullshit but at the same time I doubt she put all that much energy trying to hatch some scheme in order to put Shannon on blast. Ahem, that was Tamra. 

I think what really bugged the shit out of me was Emilys constant REACHING with all things Heather. Some of the stuff had a tad bit of merit to it but Geez Louise Emily was just a blathering fool for most of the season especially when she was trying to come for Heather. 

Oh and side note: I HATED!!!!! Emily's wardrobe for most of the season. Those black yoga/athletic pants that she had to wear EVERYWHERE and all of her bodycon outfits were so painful to see. Crop tops, mini skirts, everything sticking to her body. Look, my problem with her looks were that they were too try hard, look at me, "I'm not fat" or "See, my body looks good" or "I'm really not as big as you think". It was just so pathetic how much she was beating over our heads that her curviness is a good thing (which her curves did look good) but the desperation and the "just a little too tight" obviousness of her looks were constant fashion fails to me.  

Not to mention, she did all that to lose the weight anyway..... Just proves that much more that her outfit choices were screaming- "Please, please think I'm sexy!" It was her obvious need to be lusted after is what left a bad taste in my mouth. 

• Like 9
10 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

It’s old. It’s boring. Just like Tamrat herself.🤡

And don't forget the same old "Tamra titties" exposure every time they are some place where the temperature is over 10 degrees above zero. She is so gross. Inside and out.

• Like 12
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1