Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Vacation Crashers

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

I don't get what these things have to do with each other or why they would "mesh."

I don’t think a lady that blurts out proudly that she’s a brother in law fucker would be so insecure that she had to buy a Louis Vuitton bag to impress the others. Even Mary tried to sound more dignified when she explained her weird situation. That the step grandad was left to her in her grandmas will.

Spreaking of fake, the four idiots going on about their crystals at their dinner date was hilarious. As Whitney rolling her hands to cleanse her aura.

Also, didn’t Heather and Whitney make up on UGT? This acting cold doesn’t make sense. 

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 5
8 hours ago, ZettaK said:

And Mary said that the ring didn't worth $60,000!

Mary has always had a tendency to insult or downplay other housewives' things.  I can remember her making fun of others' purses and clothes in the first couple of seasons, too.  I think that Mary is just a wee bit annoyed that the other women can afford to dress and accessorize themselves as well as, or better, than she does.

I don't know if the ring is worth $60,000.00, but I find it a little ridiculous to wear a ring of that value on a vacation.  Get a good quality dupe for vacation wear and leave the expensive stuff at home.  Never mind losing it, but flashing that much bling in airports, etc., leaves you open to a mugging/theft.  

Whatever the case, I think the ring is gone for good, wherever it went, so I hope it's insured.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 9
17 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

I don't  like Angie( she reminds me of Anjelica Houston meets Elvira) , but Whitney  seems to like her.

Whitney doesn't like Angie. Whitney likes that she can use the other ladies' dislike for Angie as a way to create a new storyline for herself and she likes that Angie is so desperate to be a part of the show that she's willing to let herself be used. 

• Like 11
  • Useful 3

These women need to take a lesson from Jay-Z -- can't believe I typed that, lol.  Anyway the engagement ring he bought Beyonce cost $5M. However, he also had a duplicate imitation ring made, at the same time, which cost $5K.  She wears the 2nd one for touring, etc.

Seriously, I just read this yesterday, and that is about all I know about either one of them.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
43 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I didn’t understand that airport bathroom. Was it out on the sidewalk? 

The palm springs airport is open air, like an outdoor mall.

I don't blame Whitney for befriending Angie. Heather demands her loyalty but treats her like shit & the other ladies are dismissive. Originally, thought it was an age thing. I find Whitney a bit vapid but utterly harmless. She literally the least offensive one. 

Edited by snarts
  • Like 5
  • Useful 3

Heather is the last person to judge anyone on parenting.. and how Lisa is handling her son's future mission trip.  Isn't Heather the one who bragged that she told her daughters to get drunk, hook up, etc at college?  She can take a seat.

Heather is the girl that was ignored by the popular in high school (Angie K) and college (Lisa) and thinks with her popularity as an adult that she can use that to get even with her past rivals.

I hope Lisa/Meredith can truly make up.. they're so much better as friends then rivals.

• Like 11
49 minutes ago, oftentimes said:

These women need to take a lesson from Jay-Z -- can't believe I typed that, lol.  Anyway the engagement ring he bought Beyonce cost $5M. However, he also had a duplicate imitation ring made, at the same time, which cost $5K.  She wears the 2nd one for touring, etc.

Seriously, I just read this yesterday, and that is about all I know about either one of them.

A lot of the wealthy do this. They keep the real stuff in a safe or safety deposit box.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, J80134 said:

Mary would prefer an enema to hanging with these women. She is prepared for the shit to flow with her nifty chaps.

Those chaps were something else!  And the other ladies had the nerve to get crumbs on them!  Don't they know Mary does not like crumbs???  😂

• LOL 8
22 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I feel bad for Trixie Mattel...she didn't know what she was in for hosting these particular Housewives!

Oh please - no disrespect to you, but at this late date anyone who gets involved in HW events knows exactly what they're signing up for! 😄

7 hours ago, J80134 said:

Meredith's shiny blue walking pants, the matching travel leisure suit, that heavy leather turtle neck dress in her TH...money can't buy you good taste.

I wonder how many of those hideous outfits were designed by Brooks Marks?  That whole family is still the worst.  Who wants to listen to a podcast by Meredith and the gruesome Seth?  His taint, his boogers - they're so disgusting.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

While Lisa was freaking out about the ring in the van, Mary said "she's not going to have any fun because she's juts going to obsess about this ring." I thought how long before Mary starts complaining about something because we all know it's coming. 5 minutes later she complains about how long they're in the van and don't eat chips over me. And of course she had to be rude and say the ring didn't look like it was worth 60k. I ask again, why is Mary back?

Jack going on a mission is none of Heather's business. Why is she making it her business?

I actually liked Monica until she told the story about sleeping with her brother in law. And then the made it all about how she was excommunicated he he wasn't. Which yes, that's an issue that she was punished and he wasn't but also. You had an affair with your brother in law. For 18 months. 

Edited by MaggieG
  • Like 10
50 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

While Lisa was freaking out about the ring in the fan, Mary said "she's not going to have any fun because she's juts going to obsess about this ring." I thought how long before Mary starts complaining about something because we all know it's coming. 5 minutes later she complains about how long they're in the van and don't eat chips over me. And of course she had to be rude and say the ring didn't look like it was worth 60k. I ask again, why is Mary back?

Jack going on a mission is none of Heather's business. Why is she making it her business?

I actually liked Monica until she told the story about sleeping with her brother in law. And then the made it all about how she was excommunicated he he wasn't. Which yes, that's an issue that she was punished and he wasn't but also. You had an affair with your brother in law. For 18 months. 

Maybe what looks like utter misery to us is “fun” to Mary. There’s probably nothing she derives more pleasure from in the world than dripping condescending derision on others. I realize this was in last week’s episode, but I did chuckle when she was observing the snowball war from a safe distance and hearing the screeching and seeing one new lady tackle the other new lady and wonder aloud, “Are they having fun?”

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Maybe what looks like utter misery to us is “fun” to Mary. There’s probably nothing she derives more pleasure from in the world than dripping condescending derision on others. I realize this was in last week’s episode, but I did chuckle when she was observing the snowball war from a safe distance and hearing the screeching and seeing one new lady tackle the other new lady and wonder aloud, “Are they having fun?”

she is just so disconnected from everything tho .. I mean she lives with her son but doesnt know if hes married? has she been lost in her closet and just didnt see him? .. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3
15 hours ago, oftentimes said:

14 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

A lot of the wealthy do this. They keep the real stuff in a safe or safety deposit box.

Not just wealthy people.  I have a CZ eternity band that I wear on vacation instead of my real one.  I also have some CZ rings that I wear that I wouldn't be super upset over if lost in a ladies' room

I know a lot of younger brides have duplicates of their engagement rings to wear on their honeymoons.

Any good jewelry is a serious investment, whether $6,000.00, $60,000.00 or more, all depending on your income level.  And, as such, should be kept as safe as possible, especially when traveling.  

I'm just wondering about this and want to know more about it.  

• Like 3
14 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Those chaps were something else!  And the other ladies had the nerve to get crumbs on them!  Don't they know Mary does not like crumbs???  😂

Those chaps.....WTF????  Why would anyone choose to wear an uncomfortable, leather, multipiece outfit to Palm Springs?  Wasn't she hot?  Wasn't she uncomfortable on the plane?  Why does Mary need to constantly prove her "worth" by wearing some of the tackiest designs ever logo'd by a brand?  

And, speaking of tacky, really bad designs - WTF with those shoes that Lisa showed her husband while packing?  They weren't Louis Vuitton (I can't remember the brand), but I immediately said to the TV, in my best Countess Luann voice - "Even Louis Vuitton makes mistakes, dear"  (Classic line when Luann and Alex were discussing Alex's "Herman Munster" boots.)

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

I don’t think a lady that blurts out proudly that she’s a brother in law fucker would be so insecure that she had to buy a Louis Vuitton bag to impress the others. 

Eh, people are insecure about different things, logical and otherwise. But it seems like she's not ashamed about the BiL. I still don't see any connection, but TY for the follow-up!

Call me nuts, but I'd rather have a $200 ring to wear whenever I feel like it than one worth bazillions that people judge me as irresponsible for wearing wherever I want. If a cheap thing looks as nice at a glance as an grossly expensive one, then just give me the cheap one -- which works out well, I guess, because I have no expensive jewelry anyway, haha! 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 13
  • Applause 1
39 minutes ago, njbchlover said:
15 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Those chaps.....WTF???? 

Damn it! I missed the chaps! That's what I get for multitasking.

It's interesting that folks feel that Monica was bragging/proud about her relationship with her BIL. I didn't get that sense. Heather asked her 3-4 times why she was excommunicated, and she dodged it each time, until finally she answered. To me, she sounded a bit embarrassed. But this is one of the juiciest reveals since Atlanta's Drew leaving her gaslighting husband for a woman! Imma need all the Lifetime Movie backstory.

• Like 8
  • LOL 3
On 9/12/2023 at 8:17 PM, TexasGal said:

And, not only is Whitney inviting people to Meredith’s trip she’s also trying to pick the best room for herself before the others even arrive?  Klassy.

But honestly, that's all the storyline they have? It's the equivalent of some 4th graders running to the lunchroom to take the cool girl's seat. So boring.

Heather, just because you made a bunch of money bashing the LDS church doesn't mean you are the ultimate authority and get giddy about another reformed Mormon discovering "panties" (ugh) or getting all up in Lisa's business if her son wants to go on a mission. So it's not for you. Don't feel like you need to reform the world. Freedom of religion and all that.

So Monica swung back and forth from "super family Portugese girl who lives near Mom and Grandma" to "girl who slept with her brother in law for 18 MONTHS until the guilt ate her up and now is mad that her church excommunicated her." We also get to see how inadequate she feels around those "really popular girls" because her house is small and, despite the fact that she says she is now living a more frugal life, goes out and buys a (fugly) LV bag to make them like her. Girl, these women are as vapid as fog and don't care about you unless they can shoot a scene with you to get more camera time.

Lisa is looking a little more haggard this season- is it her steady diet of Big Gulps, fast food and tequila? I liked her green puffer jacket on the "walk" with Meredith but what in hell were those long straps with some sort of designer name plastered on them? Too bad they didn't say BROOKS MARKS. They would be a constant annoyance to me as I saw them flapping around in my peripheral vision. And it seems she got some sort of promo for hideous platform shoe/sneakers.

Angie used to be cute (high school pics) but there is something very off about the proportions of her face. Like maybe her eyes have been pulled too high up on her forehead? I can't place it, but she looks especially odd in her confessionals. 

I think Mary has been brought back as a sort of cartoon character. She offers nothing, gets involved half-heartedly in their activities, but throws something laughable in there every now and then ("please don't pass chips over my clothes") or gives her memorable pop-eyed double take ("you don't have Dom Perignon??!") but otherwise she is pretty boring.

• Like 8
On 9/13/2023 at 7:41 AM, Pi237 said:

Loved her mom being honest about not really wanting to watch her kids. I won't be one of those grandmothers raising her grandkids. Hell no.

She wasn't asked to "raise" them; Monica asked her to watch them for a couple of days. And at least one is a teenager. For as involved as the family appears to be with each other (all living within blocks of each other) you'd think Mom could at least act agreeable on camera. 

• Like 9
17 hours ago, oftentimes said:

I'm kind of laughing that the "cheap" stand-in ring is a mere $5k.

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
20 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

She wasn't asked to "raise" them; Monica asked her to watch them for a couple of days. And at least one is a teenager. For as involved as the family appears to be with each other (all living within blocks of each other) you'd think Mom could at least act agreeable on camera. 

That entire family seemed to act a little too "ready for their closeups" 😄. I think she was "establishing her character".

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
On 9/14/2023 at 11:13 AM, MaggieG said:

While Lisa was freaking out about the ring in the van, Ma

I freaked out about a ring I lost that cost $40. My husband and I rented a cabin in the North Georgia mountains and I was wearing it when we were unloading the car, but then I lost it - I dug thru everything and it was missing - it wasn’t insured because it cost $40 but I loved it.

A year and a half later, we were  in Denver for my brother’s funeral (he died unexpectedly). I went into my parents hotel room and my mom (who obviously was not in a good place, said “I found this ring on our floor in the hotel” - it was the ring I lost in North Georgia and my parents live in Albuquerque 

I know this is tangential but I wear that ring everyday…

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Like 8
  • Mind Blown 8
  • Hugs 5

My BF got me a $25 ring (I wear silver; it's not hard to not spend a lot) and is so proud of himself -- not because he got a bargain, but because he chose one that is very much my style and is also a good size to leave on all the time (lots of my others are big clunkies that I take off when I get home). On top of that, if I were to lose it, the money part wouldn't add insult to injury; we could probably get another without even sacrificing the sentiment behind it.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
On 9/12/2023 at 6:43 PM, Pi237 said:

40 minutes in & I couldn’t tell you a thing that’s happened or been said….except Angie’s husband is better looking than I thought he’d be.  

oh, & Angie & Heather have completely different faces from that throwback pic.

Yeah they sure do!  Heather used to be cute.

• Like 3

Monica reminds me of Bre from Selling Sunset. I don’t mind her so far.

Showing up uninvited somewhere is just so awkward I can’t handle it lol. Whitney inviting Angie seems super set up tho.

Not a fan of Angie’s giant sunglasses. She seems so fake too. It kind of annoyed me her husband didn’t take his hat off either in the restaurant.

Lisa is so ridiculous it’s kind of entertaining. I would never wanna be around her but in a show it’s not bad lol.

Mary’s shade about the ring did make me laugh. She is so unpleasant tho. Has she ever been shown as happy on the show?

• Like 2
On 9/13/2023 at 2:10 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Then her daughter in the same scene .. something smells fishy with this woman’s “poor” claims 

IMG_5911.jpeg

I just noticed that the mom is wearing a Tiffany necklace. I have the bracelet so I am embarrassed that it took me so long to see it. I am not crying poor while wearing my bracelet...

I also think that Angie needs to treat her poor neglected husband a little better, we all know what happens to marriage on this show.

Edited by Arynm
double post
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Arynm said:

I just noticed that the mom is wearing a Tiffany necklace. I have the bracelet so I am embarrassed that it took me so long to see it. I am not crying poor while wearing my bracelet...

I also think that Angie needs to treat her poor neglected husband a little better, we all know what happens to marriage on this show.

Yeah but that necklace isn’t a high priced item.  Wasn’t it popular with teenagers a decade ago?

• Like 2
On 9/12/2023 at 10:15 PM, Steph J said:

Re: Monica

Bill Hader Snl GIF

Testified against Jenn Shah, married the same guy twice, slept with her brother-in-law for 18 months before feeling guilty about it, gay dad. All this and she's only been in two episodes.

I may have to be a fan…

BTW - WTF was that blue feather getup Meredith was wearing to “walk in the park”. Was that last episode? It was fucking hysterical.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

I do like jewelry because it's plain fun and can be so beautiful. But even if I had the means to buy a $60,000 ring, I wouldn't want it. I'd be a nervous wreck wearing it because jewelry can easily be lost or stolen. I'll stick with high quality costume jewelry or the more affordable real stuff. If you misplace it, it won't be the end of the world. Even if you're very wealthy and insure your pieces, still sounds like expensive jewelry can be a headache. 

• Like 4

Bravo casting Real Housewives who aren't housewives and are broke is getting really old. How did Monica even make it? Her connection to clink clink?

Bravo - we don't want to see women who basically our friends on tv... we are really losing momentum here. The pool for good castmates must be sparse.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2