Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E06: Anniversorry, Not Sorry

• Start Topic

Ubah takes Erin diamond shopping for her 10th anniversary party; Jessel navigates the exclusive NYC pre-school scene; at Erin & Abe's party a bored Brynn stirs the pot & Sai gets upset about the lack of food.

Original air date 2023.08.20

As a influencer, I'd expect more from Sai than that ill-fitting interview top smashing her boobs. 

Brynn was obnoxious at the party. There's flirting & then there's whatever that was... 

• Like 15
  • Love 2

Erin what is with you and not having options for food? You had this whole thing sponsored but you only had pigs in a blanket? Seriously do you have an issue with food? This is just weird 

6 minutes ago, snarts said:

Brynn was obnoxious at the party. There's flirting & then there's whatever that was... 

It was no more flirty then she’s been with EVERYONE else tho .. it didn’t come across as serious she was just being herself .. I honestly didn’t see it like she was “after” him 

• Like 10

But what the hell was that party supposed to be?  A sacred vow renewal, a sponsored party, 10 minutes of  “fame” for everyone you know???  And now Erin is going to whine that the ladies were disrespectful at her super personal and important low rent party factory “vow renewal”.  

Pretty funny that the vow renewal part showed just who they are:  two people who got married “young” and must have stopped developing right there.  Their vows sounded like imbecilic and immature mash notes written by a 14 year old.

• Like 15
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Erin, honey, you are not representing our people well. WE FEED PEOPLE! That party made no sense.

Also, did she refer to her husband’s cocktail as a ‘fruity Mexican drink’? 
I did not need to see Brooksy and Meredith Marks.

Jessel is extremely awkward, and no sweetie, you don’t need to send your kids to $62k/year preschool. 

I don’t mind Brynn. Erin’s sister on the other hand…

• Like 18
  • LOL 4

I have followed Sai for years. Love her. And I was really expecting every appearance to be Paris Fasion week edge snatching and instead I'm getting a Zara Ambassador. I mean I love Zara but Sai gets free Dior. Girl I can't keep defending you if all I get is a tight Claudia bob and a jean dress. I need a minute 😂

• Like 5
  • LOL 12
28 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

Ok, why did Erin choose that chain-metal dress that completely smashed her boobs flat while also showing smashed side non-cleavage.  (Nothing against small boobs!!) But that was just sooo unflattering. She was constantly tugging at it.  I'm starting to question her fashion tastes as the weird denim tank top she wears in the THs also is very unflattering IMO.

It's ill-fitting and unflattering.  If you are the main attraction at an event, you should not wear something you have to keep adjusting.  She has a very nice figure; the dress ruined it.  Then she bounced out in her dancing dress.  Was she going to a nightclub in 1990? 

From the side, Jenna's top made it look like she slouches.  It may have been a mic pack in the back.  They need to start considering their mics when dressing.  Sai's dress felt weirdly frumpy. The material looked like it was meant for upholstery.  I didn't care for the color of Jessel's dress.  She was very shiny.  Brynn looked affected in her sunglasses, but her top fit nicely. 

The event seemed like they should have done the vows in a small ceremony with family and close friends, then had all of these people at the party.  The long speeches would have been fine at a smaller ceremony. 

The food reminded me of a party I went to.  I was in a central CA town for a show as an entertainer.  A group of us came in from the Bay Area. We were invited to a party after the show.  They had a lot of booze, a bag of chips, and a crockpot full of cocktail weenies in a coca cola based barbeque sauce.   One of my friends absolutely lost it when she realized that was the only food. We all ended up at a diner at 3:00 AM still in our show outfits.  People from the kitchen came out to look at us.  

Erin needs to feed people if she is going to have an event.  She obviously had an event planner.  I am surprised they didn't get her to approve more food. 

• Like 18
  • Applause 2

Jenna seems so hyper nervous, from dressing  to talking at the parties. I do like her though.

Erin's  husband  seems nice, I think  their party seemed  more like productions  idea. Jmho. No need to be rude at it though, go and sit down, and drink and talk there.

Gosh Jessel 62k, for preschool? Seriously. I don't  think  her husband  was joking around,  he was being  serious, and I don't  blame him

Erin was Erin, Brynn was Brynn  etc etc and on and on it goes.

• Like 8

I wanna know who broke Jenna’s heart!  🤬

Jessel is my least fave, but boy is Brynn catching up quickly - they may even be neck and neck, now that I think about it.  No, I think Brynn may have passed her up.  I have no tolerance for her “fun girl” act.  She appears desperate and it’s embarassing.  Acting that boy crazy at her age (grown adult) is not cute, it’s a sign of emotional immaturity.  

Jessel did get a big laugh out of me when she tried to increase her son’s chances for acceptance by the overpriced preschool when she bragged about his being socially inept!  Luckily for her, she ran it by her husband, Derek Zoolander.

Sai’s husband is cool and all, but he’s toeing the line of overinserting himself in the womens’ business.  I realize she had to have someone to talk to so they could film - and the kid was busy drawing on the carpet, so he wouldn’t have been up for giving feedback, but it felt a little cringe-y to me.  

I’m increasingly on the fence about Erin as I get the feeling that her presence on the show is merely about self promotion, and nothing else.  Kind of disappointing, although she wouldn’t be the first.  I’d think her tendency to starve her guests might drive away interest from any high maintenance potential clients, so at least a few of them might be warned.  

I’ll never understand her choice of dress for that ceremony.  🤔 I love that her sister told the women to STFU, I thought that was great.  Even better was Jenna saying “you’re right, you’re right”.   I love her.  

Edited by CallmeCray
  • Like 12
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Were they so loud that Erin's sister had to shut them up? I don't think they were the only ones talking.

Of course they were.  They were wearing microphone packs.  All of the other people talking were just a low murmur.  These women were so loud Erin's sister thought they were arguing.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Disappointing episode.  Erin is a complainer who doesn’t like food, so nobody gets food.  Her party dress was horrible and un comfortable I’m sure.  Ten years is a big deal?  I don’t think so, maybe in their circle.   I love Jenna, but she talks so fast I can’t understand what she’s saying.  Who broke her heart?  There’s not one shread of laughter in this show.  It’s just about them bragging about who they are.

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Emily Hampshire looks like Kate Beckinsale.

She really does! I loved Emily in Schitt's Creek, her short hair is totally working for her.

2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

“Our kids could speak Mandarin.”

”But at the same time, they can’t even, they barely speak English now.”

Ok Jessel, they learn Mandarin...do you speak Mandarin? No? 

3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I don’t need a diamond mesh glove.

But maybe I do need a diamond mesh glove.

Since this episode aired sales for diamond mesh gloves has sky rocketed so good luck getting them now!

• Like 3
  • LOL 12

I dislike it when guests are talking during the speeches at a wedding, too. However, I also dislike speeches that go on and on and on.  Often they are difficult to hear, as well.  Been there.  Better to keep those speeches for the smaller rehearsal dinner which likely is composed of family and closer friends.

How was Erin’s dress attached around her breasts?   That is what I kept wondering — also waiting for a nip slip.

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

There should be a minimum of two speeches at weddings let alone vow renewals. To have people going on and on about how great you are, how awesome your love is, its just self indulgent and extremely boring for everyone else.

I really liked Erin at first, her style and her no nonsense attitude, but my admiration is falling fast. That dress was ill-fitting, made her look flat Chested yet hippy and she's Not hippy at all. In fact, she has zero body fat and stays that way by Never having food around, Ever.   what came across as confidence before, now seems like she just thinks she's above everyone else. Still Love all her jewelry though (her regular jewlery, diamonds aren't my thing.). Surprised her husband is such a laid back Deadhead. Opposites attract, I guess.

Jessel and the Tom Cruise school--is it no longer tacky to be So obvious a social climber? 

• Like 14
7 hours ago, CallmeCray said:

I love that her sister told the women to STFU, I thought that was great.  Even better was Jenna saying “you’re right, you’re right”.   I love her.  

The sister's hardcore approach was too much - for the situation.  The others were just joking around, not fighting.  She could have used a tone that was more approachable.  Ironically, it was Jenna who warned the others that she saw 4 pages of speeches.

Edited by escape
  • Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, rlc said:

Erin, honey, you are not representing our people well. WE FEED PEOPLE! That party made no sense.

Also, did she refer to her husband’s cocktail as a ‘fruity Mexican drink’? 
I did not need to see Brooksy and Meredith Marks.

Jessel is extremely awkward, and no sweetie, you don’t need to send your kids to $62k/year preschool. 

I don’t mind Brynn. Erin’s sister on the other hand…

10 hours ago, Juneau Gal said:

As @rlc inferred above, we Jews are a noshing people. We are kinda famous for it actually. You never leave a Jewish home hungry, unless you choose not to eat. Erin is definitely not keeping up her end of this cultural legacy. 🤣

At this point I wonder if she has an eating disorder or is simply one of those people who just doesn't care about food - I understand they exist, but to me that's akin to spotting a unicorn.

I was wondering what Jill Zarin would have had to say about this event and lack of food.  Remember during Ramona and Mario's vow renewal how she was complaining that there was nothing to eat during the "cocktail hour" before the ceremony?  

Jill would have been beside herself at Erin's party, and I would have loved to see this!!  🤣

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 6
  • LOL 11

Erin's dress choices werenot good - she had on a million dollars worth of diamonds and wore two metallic dress....girl wear a solid color dress and let those diamonds do their thing.  Maybe the loaned jewels were a last minute surprise and if they were (we never know what to believe with HW  editing) I would have immediately ran to my stylist to get two new looks.  

• Like 12
  • Fire 1
5 hours ago, swankie said:

Of course they were.  They were wearing microphone packs.  All of the other people talking were just a low murmur.  These women were so loud Erin's sister thought they were arguing.

Um, no, they were not. The mic pacs pick up sound for the cameras. They have absolutely no impact on how the women sound to other people around them.

I don't understand whatsoever having an anniversary party sponsored. That, to me, was uber tacky. So many speeches was disturbing as well and exacerbated by the fact that people didn't limit their remarks to two minutes. Having so little food was mind blowing. I don't blame Sai for dipping out but she should have said goodbye.

Brynn is very immature and silly. 

Meredith Marks and Brooks? Eww! Tells us a lot about Erin and none of it was good. I wish Ubah had been there.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
7 minutes ago, politichick said:

Um, no, they were not. The mic pacs pick up sound for the cameras. They have absolutely no impact on how the women sound to other people around them.

Right, Erin's sister just assumed they were fighting because they're housewives talking in a public situation.

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 14

I don't take Brynn's 'flirting' seriously at all. So, although annoying, it wouldn't have angered me. However, she's Always crapping on everyone's events. Granted, there was a lot to complain about with no food and endless speeches, but her ragging on the venue wasn't warranted. Has she hosted anything yet? She has such high standards, can't wait to see what she'd deliver.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Every once in a while I dislike a reality tv person for the lone reason that they look dead behind the eyes.  It's typically a bachelor/bachelorette contestant whose television presence ends up as a mere blip.

But I find it happening with Brynn and her dead eyes.

On the plus side it distracts me from another event with no food.

Edited by bosawks
  • Like 3
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, politichick said:

I don't understand whatsoever having an anniversary party sponsored. That, to me, was uber tacky. So many speeches was disturbing as well and exacerbated by the fact that people didn't limit their remarks to two minutes. Having so little food was mind blowing. I don't blame Sai for dipping out but she should have said goodbye.

Brynn is very immature and silly. 

Meredith Marks and Brooks? Eww! Tells us a lot about Erin and none of it was good. I wish Ubah had been there.

I don't understand sponsoring of personal parties, either, but we are both probably just normal everyday people.  I know I don't document everything I'm doing, wearing, etc. on social media, but these housewives do this as part of their lives, income, etc.  Sponsors get mentions, call outs, etc., on the wives' social media, so it also ups their presence and provides advertising.  

I agree with you that it's tacky, but it's seemingly a normal way of life these days for some.

I also agree with the endless speeches that seem to go along with memorable events now.  The last wedding I went to, every groomsmen and every bridesmaid spoke, along with the best man, maid of honor and parents of both the bride and groom.  The speeches went on forever!!!  I was bored out of my mind.  Most of the guests also were, as the chatter levels in the room seemed to get louder and louder, much like at Erin and Abe's event.  What used to be just a toast speech from the best man and perhaps a small thank you speech from the parents has evolved into basically, a testimonial dinner or "roast" (depending on the couple and their speech-makers) to the couple.

If you're going to do that, do it during dinner, when guests can concentrate on their food....oh, wait - there was NO food to concentrate on at Erin's party!  

Sai leaving without saying "Good bye" was rude, but on the other hand, she also avoided having a confrontation with Erin, which probably would have bothered Erin more during her event than finding out later that Sai left.  

And, 1,000% do NOT need to see Brooks Marks on my screen!!!!  Meredith doesn't bother me so much, but that entitled man-child is annoying.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Pi237 said:

I don't take Brynn's 'flirting' seriously at all. So, although annoying, it wouldn't have angered me. However, she's Always crapping on everyone's events. Granted, there was a lot to complain about with no food and endless speeches, but her ragging on the venue wasn't warranted. Has she hosted anything yet? She has such high standards, can't wait to see what she'd deliver.

I thought that venue was beautiful, and agree that Brynn's comments were unwarranted.  She does have a habit of talking down anyplace that she doesn't think is "cool" or "upscale" enough for her presence.  

What makes a place good enough for her?  

• Like 15
  • LOL 1
19 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I thought that venue was beautiful, and agree that Brynn's comments were unwarranted.  She does have a habit of talking down anyplace that she doesn't think is "cool" or "upscale" enough for her presence.  

What makes a place good enough for her?  

Exactly! What exactly does she do that makes her so special besides flirting like a desperate teenager with anyone that has a penis, and sit around crying over her poor childhood when convenient? I am not the least bit entertained by her and I’ve only watched 1.5 episodes so far.

That said, the same thoughts apply to Sai. You play all day on Instagram, and think you’re too good for the Dollar Store now and clearly the Hamptons aren’t fancy enough for you, so what exactly is good enough Miss I’m So Down to Earth & Rich. 

This cast isn’t hitting it out of the park because they’re way too enamored with themselves and it shows. They’re just not likable. 

Edited by hottesthw
  • Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

this is Brynn tho Erin and Sai who have been her friends know this and laugh and think its funny and its just her... im not understanding where the upset would come from when she is just being herself ... they know shes not serious.... there was absolutely no malice or hidden agenda it was giving .. 

• Like 5
15 hours ago, Juneau Gal said:

As @rlc inferred above, we Jews are a noshing people. We are kinda famous for it actually. You never leave a Jewish home hungry, unless you choose not to eat. Erin is definitely not keeping up her end of this cultural legacy. 🤣

At this point I wonder if she has an eating disorder or is simply one of those people who just doesn't care about food - I understand they exist, but to me that's akin to spotting a unicorn.

Erin ordered some items at that Upper East Side restaurant that sounded as if she appreciates food. Lobster dumplings was one, I think. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
21 hours ago, Steph J said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well said. Were the producers so irritated that they had to sit through this whole event that they retaliated by forcing us as viewers to sit through it?

I thought Brynn was pretty clearly being playful toward Abe and I honestly would've found it funny if I were in Erin's shoes. That said, Erin didn't witness it firsthand -- she only knows about it through Abe, who called it "disrespectful," so I can't blame her for being upset, if she thinks it was more serious than it was. 

If I were Erin, I would be annoyed by Brynn's general rudeness about the party. 

EDITED: Typo.

Edited by ladle
  • Like 9
  • LOL 1

Yeah, Erin's dress was fugly, and it was obvious from the way she kept tugging at the sides that she was worried the tit tape wouldn't hold.

I liked Brynn last week, but really disliked her this week. Struck me that she might be on something ... adderall or something else.

I think Abe is hot as hell, but then I like a man with a slight overbite - Bill Hader, young Letterman, Rainn Wilson - and he is better looking than all of them, so very pleasing on the eye to me.

It seems that nobody other than Ubah has any dress sense. Given several of them have worked 'in fashion', you'd think they'd at least know a stylist to help them, knowing they'll be on TV. The TH outfits, Jessel's in particular, are horrendous.

Jessel is so entitled, and I'm glad her husband stands up to her ridiculous demands.

I am really starting to like Ubah. I noticed, when they arrived at Jacob & Co, that she was friendly and polite to the doorman, saying "Nice to see you again" and briefly touching his arm. We've seen far too many HoWives treat people in service jobs as if they're invisible (at best) or with contempt (at worst).

• Like 16

I liked the individual scenes better than the gathering.

We got a look into the marital dynamics of Erin, Sai, and Jessel..while seeing a bit more into Jenna's professional life.  More of this please.

Brynn is the friend you keep away from your significant other only because they don't respect boundaries.  I had a friend that I said if I ever dated someone seriously I wouldn't ever introduced them to one another because this friend didn't respect boundaries (and we're no longer friends).

Jessel is a combination of Alex/Ramona...while Erin is so Jill (holds grudges, takes things personally)...though I don't recall if Jill ever starves anyone at one of her gatherings or not.

• Like 6