Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E06: Anniversorry, Not Sorry

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, rlc said:

Jessel is extremely awkward, and no sweetie, you don’t need to send your kids to $62k/year preschool. 

I did wonder if the $63K was for both of them. 

EDIT: NM, just looked at the link someone else posted and that appears to be for one child. 

Edited by ladle
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
14 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

One of them mentioned that the kitchen closed at 10. That said, those speeches did seem to drag on.

I think they were saying that the kitchen at Nobu (the sushi restaurant around the corner they were talking about going to) closed at 10. 

14 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

It seemed like almost everyone that wasn't right up front was talking.  If they had stepped toward the back, they could have talked away.

They still probably would have been more conspicuous than the other talkers, since they have a film crew around them. 

1 hour ago, essexjan said:

liked Brynn last week, but really disliked her this week. Struck me that she might be on something ... adderall or something else.

I assumed it was pot. She mentioned being high and that she was wearing the sunglasses because her eyes were red. 

47 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

..though I don't recall if Jill ever starves anyone at one of her gatherings or not.

Say what you will about Jill Zarin but she is a nurturer (overly so, in a suffocating sense, but nonetheless...). She would absolutely make sure people are well-fed and comfortable at her events. 

• Like 10
13 hours ago, CallmeCray said:

Jessel did get a big laugh out of me when she tried to increase her son’s chances for acceptance by the overpriced preschool when she bragged about his being socially inept!  Luckily for her, she ran it by her husband, Derek Zoolander.  

I truly laughed out loud when I read this.  Blue steel!

Animated GIF

1 hour ago, ladle said:

I thought Brynn was pretty clearly being playful toward Abe and I honestly would've found it funny if I were in Erin's shoes. That said, Erin didn't witness it firsthand -- she only knows about it through Abe, who called it "disrespectful," so I can't blame her for being upset, if she thinks it was more serious than it was. 

If I were Erin, I would be annoyed by Brynn's general rudeness about the party. 

Brynn saw herself as being innocently playful.  Abe felt differently about it.  When joking with someone, there is always an issue of how the person receives it.  He did not appreciate it.  My question would be did he say anything to her or did he quietly seethe?  If he said something and  she didn't adjust her behavior, she's in the wrong.  If he said nothing, then she was being her usual self and meant no harm.  That should be explained to him.  She could still apologize when she sees him because she inadvertently made him uncomfortable. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Animated GIF

Brynn saw herself as being innocently playful.  Abe felt differently about it.  When joking with someone, there is always an issue of how the person receives it.  He did not appreciate it.  My question would be did he say anything to her or did he quietly seethe?  If he said something and  she didn't adjust her behavior, she's in the wrong.  If he said nothing, then she was being her usual self and meant no harm.  That should be explained to him.  She could still apologize when she sees him because she inadvertently made him uncomfortable. 

But it looks like she doubles down on the situation next week. Saw this on coming attractions.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Brynn saw herself as being innocently playful.  Abe felt differently about it.  When joking with someone, there is always an issue of how the person receives it.  He did not appreciate it.  My question would be did he say anything to her or did he quietly seethe?

I agree with all of this! From what we saw, Abe seemed to be smiling and laughing. He didn't look uncomfortable to me. One could argue that it's possible he was uncomfortable and just smiled and laughed because he didn't want to cause a scene. And personally, I wouldn't joke around with my friend's husband the way Brynn did unless it was a super close friend and I was 100% sure everyone would be laughing along. In the real world, if Abe was really offended, this could be solved by Erin discreetly pulling Brynn aside at some point and telling her it makes Abe uncomfortable when Brynn acts this way toward him.   

That said, unless Abe or Erin had previously stated their issues with this behavior, I don't think it's "disrespectful"! She's "hitting on" him while at his vow renewal and while being filmed-- it couldn't be any more obviously a joke. Earlier in the evening, Erin herself was even joking about Brynn hitting on her family members (her dad, her brother)! Come to think of it, didn't Brynn flirt with Abe while they were on the phone in the Hamptons, too? I seem to recall Erin saying, jokingly, "There she goes, flirting with Abe" [paraphrasing]. It was treated lightly by all. Nobody seemed to see it as a capital offense. 

Also, interesting that what Brynn did was "disrespectful" but Jenna grabbing Erin's (a married woman's!) butt was totally fine. 

This makes me think Erin and hubby are just grasping at story lines. 

• Like 4

I guess this is part of the new normal. Throwing a fancy party and having other people pay for it in exchange for free publicity. Beyond tacky. And the take away from this is if you are ever invited to an event hosted by Erin eat before you go. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I was wondering what Jill Zarin would have had to say about this event and lack of food.  Remember during Ramona and Mario's vow renewal how she was complaining that there was nothing to eat during the "cocktail hour" before the ceremony?  

Jill would have been beside herself at Erin's party, and I would have loved to see this!!  🤣

Bring them all back.  I miss them.  They all were a great mix, not boring like these women.   I don’t think any of these new Housewives are comfortable being on camera.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 6

That vow renewal was the most unromantic gathering I’ve seen. It looked more like a mandatory Bravo gathering. Erin looked terrible in her outfits and her dad pointing out her boobs was cringey. Brynn flirting with creepy dad and the husband was also weird. She’s overdoing her obnoxious act. She’s not cute or funny. She also complains a lot for a chick who is invited to all this crap. She could always stay home right? Oh no, then she wouldn’t get to act like an obnoxious ass. 
I don’t like Jessel but her scene with her husband was funny. When he pointed out that the twins couldn’t speak English yet so who cares about Mandarin, I actually smiled. Also when he had to correct her writing that her twins were socially inept. 
I love that Sai just left. I doubt I would care about saying goodbye if I was tipsy and not fed. 

• Like 13

I'm struggling with these ladies. Bryn isn't as funny or entertaining as she thinks she is. Sai and Jessel aren't as important as they think they are.

What is Erin's issue with food? I was on her side during the Hamptons because she had the caviar and they were going out to dinner. I felt like the ladies were just complaining too much then. But only pigs in a blanket during a huge party? I'm wondering if Sai was overreacting and there was more food, because she seems to make food and being hungry her whole thing. 

I am liking Ubah and Jenna

• Like 9
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, DanielleBowden said:

Brynn is exhausting and she thinks she is adorable, which makes her even more exhausting.  I've also been on Erin's side with the food until tonight. All those sponsors and nothing more than a single appetizer? 

I am guessing that Erin and Abe had almost nothing to do with this party. When the two of them first arrived, they marveled at the venue - almost as if they had never seen it before and had no idea of the decorations. I doubt that they would have gone out recruiting the corporate sponsors. That’s pure Bravo. So the lack of food would also have been Bravo playing off a previous food issue and trying to drum up some drama.

• Like 6
  • Useful 6
1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

But only pigs in a blanket during a huge party? I'm wondering if Sai was overreacting and there was more food, because she seems to make food and being hungry her whole thing. 

I'm thinking there was a huge misunderstanding, when invitees heard vow renewal they might've thought wedding which would include a cocktail hour and a meal.  What Erin threw was essentially a cocktail party with pass-around hors d'oeuvres, some speeches and a corny vow renewal.

• Like 7

Do most people, outside of perhaps very close family, care very much about vow renewals?  I was listening to the speeches at the party and wondering how much those people really care that Erin and her husband have been married for ten years.

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, OlderThanDirt said:

Pigs in a blanket when the couple being celebrated is Jewish?

Hebrew National makes them, (kosher dogs), basically a staple at every Bar/Bat Mitzvah, wedding, you name it, those things are popular among my people. 

17 hours ago, oakville said:

Jessel was over the top when discussing preschool for their son. Who cares if a preschool has a campus in Brazil or they teach Mandarin?

It doesn't make sense to spend $62K on preschool.

For that kind of money I would expect a field trip to China! 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, janiema said:

I am guessing that Erin and Abe had almost nothing to do with this party. When the two of them first arrived, they marveled at the venue - almost as if they had never seen it before and had no idea of the decorations. I doubt that they would have gone out recruiting the corporate sponsors. That’s pure Bravo. So the lack of food would also have been Bravo playing off a previous food issue and trying to drum up some drama.

Yes, if Bravo drums up drama, you know things are getting boring.  

• Like 3
18 hours ago, ladle said:

I agree with all of this! From what we saw, Abe seemed to be smiling and laughing. He didn't look uncomfortable to me. One could argue that it's possible he was uncomfortable and just smiled and laughed because he didn't want to cause a scene. And personally, I wouldn't joke around with my friend's husband the way Brynn did unless it was a super close friend and I was 100% sure everyone would be laughing along. In the real world, if Abe was really offended, this could be solved by Erin discreetly pulling Brynn aside at some point and telling her it makes Abe uncomfortable when Brynn acts this way toward him.   

That said, unless Abe or Erin had previously stated their issues with this behavior, I don't think it's "disrespectful"! She's "hitting on" him while at his vow renewal and while being filmed-- it couldn't be any more obviously a joke. Earlier in the evening, Erin herself was even joking about Brynn hitting on her family members (her dad, her brother)! Come to think of it, didn't Brynn flirt with Abe while they were on the phone in the Hamptons, too? I seem to recall Erin saying, jokingly, "There she goes, flirting with Abe" [paraphrasing]. It was treated lightly by all. Nobody seemed to see it as a capital offense. 

Also, interesting that what Brynn did was "disrespectful" but Jenna grabbing Erin's (a married woman's!) butt was totally fine. 

This makes me think Erin and hubby are just grasping at story lines. 

Or, Erin wanted to show off her dress.  Ten years does not merit a big party.  

• Like 5
On 8/21/2023 at 5:27 AM, swankie said:

Of course they were.  They were wearing microphone packs.  All of the other people talking were just a low murmur.  These women were so loud Erin's sister thought they were arguing.

Am I misunderstanding? I don't doubt that they were noisy, but are you saying that the microphone packs make them louder in person?

EDIT: N/M -- I see that this has been addressed! Carry on...

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 4
23 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Animated GIF

Except that a reasonable person would know that joking about being single and hitting up another woman, to the groom/husband at his anniversary party just minutes before he renews his vows, is completely inappropriate. And should not be said. No matter how cute the woman thinks she is. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, hottesthw said:

Except that a reasonable person would know that joking about being single and hitting up another woman, to the groom/husband at his anniversary party just minutes before he renews his vows, is completely inappropriate. And should not be said. No matter how cute the woman thinks she is. 

Brynn seems to be devoid of boundaries. That's probably what got her hired. They needed a "Sonja." 

• Like 10
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Hebrew National makes them, (kosher dogs), basically a staple at every Bar/Bat Mitzvah, wedding, you name it, those things are popular among my people. 

All beef hotdogs are so much better than pork!  I don’t eat pig.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

I've grown tired of this show again so I'm just following the snark.

As I understand it the Avenues school is not really a prestige institution like the old school private academies such as Brearley, Dalton, Collegiate.  It's also a for profit school, which is unlike the others.  It was started by Chris Whittle, who has unsuccessfully been trying to make for-profit charter schools happen for years.  Also, oddly enough, Jill Zarin was pushing it years ago on Alex McCord, if I recall correctly.  She was trying to say it was prestigious before it opened and she would help Alex get her kids in on the ground floor.    I have some respect for Alex and Simon now.  They realized their social climbing was pointless and moved to Australia and seem to be living productive lives.  She became a psychologist and he became a lawyer. 

• Like 11
  • Useful 6

Jessel is a fashion PUBLICIST - how does any publicist not know the meaning of inept?

As for the school, in the city this became the norm in the last 30-40 years. It was a legal way for Old Money to keep out the influx of new money and celebrities. They could weed out ones to include in their club and the others that didn't get a spot, they could say too many applicants - optics are better than saying we don't want your kind.

The twins are about 2 years old? The process should have been started when they were born.

She said they could rub shoulders with Tom Cruise. Is she HIGH? Suri Cruise is around 17 years old, unless Tom Cruise has some young toddlers that I don't know about.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5

Erin

In regards to the food, since so much of the event was sponsored saving her money, she should have shelled out some dough for tons of food. All of these people are standing up and you're serving liquor, they need some food to soak up the alcohol or people are going to faint or get drunk. If you have too much food, there are organizations that will pick up leftover food from events and restaurants that will get used for community food programs.

On the other hand, the ladies should know by now that if Erin is hosting - eat before you go OR hide a roast beef sandwich in your Birkin.

Erin's dress was poorly constructed - I'm talking about the top portion of it. It didn't fall and drape the body - it was too small. When Erin tried to adjust it, she could only adjust it a centimeter over, or the other boob would have been exposed. Erin does not have enough confidence to wear this dress. You have to wear it knowing your boob might pop out and not care. Erin cares - plus this dress was inappropriate for the event. Because she cared about exposure, she kept fidgeting, and slouched trying to hide her chest area.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Maybe Bravo is trying for another Dumb Villain or Stupid Demon grand slam? 

No way - Jessel is intelligent but says stupid things. She reminded me of Alex - when Alex and Simon looked at the Sunday NY Times to see if they were mentioned.

The one you're talking about can't have a normal conversation and can barely complete a sentence.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
19 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

You mean they should pull an Emily and hide a foot long turkey sandwich in your bag? LOL.

Hell, yeah!

I'm in NY, if by any chance Erin were to invite me to an event, I'm going to Yogi Bear a picnic basket

• LOL 12

I think the Adams were very considerate to allow Lurch the time off to procreate and care for his daughter.😁 Now if someone could instruct her not to take offense so easily...

I think Jessel was confusing "socially inept" with "socially adept". Much like my confusion over whether she's obtuse, pathetic, or just infuriating.

Edited by BlueHawk
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 10
16 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I think that kristen is agreeing with you that Erin and her husband are grasping at storylines. She arranged for this event merely to show off her dress.

Just got here.  Thank you @hoodooznoodooz.  That’s exactly what I meant.  Ten years is no big deal, and Erin wanted to show off her dress.  Maybe her husband too. 😀👍Actually, I think it was Bravos idea, as things are getting a bit boring, to me anyhow.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Why doesn't Jessel just send her kids where Charlotte sends her kids? LOL.

Remember the movie”Baby Boom”?  Diane Keaton meets pretentious women in the park who’s kids are already enrolled in Dalton at birth.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

I'm not feeling Pavit opting out of the preschool app process and acting perpetually shocked by all of this. I'm a public school advocate for many reasons, but if Jessel and Pavit want their kids to do the whole NYC elite school track and all of the benefits that come with that (including a trajectory for high school and college admissions), then he needs to be about it for real. Like, do what you want, but be honest with yourself about the significance of your choices in a city like NYC.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1