Type keyword(s) to search

The Golden Bachelor - General Discussion

• Start Topic

My favorite is the grandkids at the end.  How old are you? How much girls have you kissed? What are your “intenstions”? What’s your five year plan? Not sure who they belonged to but maybe they could just adopt him?

• Like 4
  • LOL 9
15 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

He's going to go Leslie 

I hope it's not Leslie..... the fact that she already got a rose is just a decoy I think.  But I say that because I like Faith ha ha.  I don't mind Theresa but she kind of reminds me of an American girl doll,  the senior version, she's just to typically All-American.

8 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

Gerry is coming off selfish.  Everything is about how the women look at him and make him feel.  What does he do for them?  Plus the running out at the end and leaving the 2 of them standing there was not kind.  It makes it harder for the women to have to stand there and wait on his decision.  Meanwhile he is having his own "feel sorry for me" moment.  He needs to think about the women's feelings and give them a decision.  The waiting is only hurting them more.  

I agree he has shown his male ego several times throughout the season.  Even when he was riding the horse and Faith explained to him how to use the rein to get the horse to maneuver - his response was that .....the horse got it??? It was him that needed the primer, not the horse lol.  

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4

Theresa is pretty intense.  I think she could be exhausting.  And I’ve lived in New Jersey all my life.   I like Faith the best but I think he’s going to pick Leslie because she makes him feel like he’s a knight coming to save her.   I actually think Faith is too good for him after all this.

• Like 14
52 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

Rooting for Faith, with Leslie a close second. Almost a tie.

Still don't like Teresa.

Teresa is a clinging vine.  Apparently he likes that.  She’s the only one he didn’t tell he loves her.  Maybe she’s the one he will pick, I have a feeling.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4

Leslie should have had a bit of lipstick on when he was visiting her. She looked tired and like she just woke up, and now was the time to try to be the best you can be if you are striving to be the “winner”.

I think he is ready to let Theresa go and thats why he is having such a hard time giving out the last rose. He knows shes just going to crumble and doesn't want to be the one to cause it. If he doesn’t pick her, he should have long ago realized she wasn’t someone to keep giving hope to. We all did, watching her from our living rooms. 

• Like 12
12 hours ago, cinsays said:

i don't see susan as hard looking at all and who knows what kris would look like without all the work she's had done, plus she's still kris jenner, so.....

I agree here's side x side photos, if I can figure this out!

susan-golden-bachelor-kris-jenner-103023-c5f7c444a5de4157bfbdbb83d0681bb1.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, SassyCat said:

They sure DO look alike… except Kris Jenners cheek implants are starting to slide down and droop.

That’s one good reason to not go filling your face up with crap!

Kris is a year older than Susan, she looks older in the photos but no way to know when the photos were taken.

19 minutes ago, SassyCat said:

Leslie should have had a bit of lipstick on when he was visiting her. She looked tired and like she just woke up, and now was the time to try to be the best you can be if you are striving to be the “winner”.

I think he is ready to let Theresa go and thats why he is having such a hard time giving out the last rose. He knows shes just going to crumble and doesn't want to be the one to cause it. If he doesn’t pick her, he should have long ago realized she wasn’t someone to keep giving hope to. We all did, watching her from our living rooms. 

Leslie could have borrowed some lipstick from Theresa lol. I actually think Leslie and Faith both look older for their stated ages.

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, SassyCat said:

I think he likes Faith the most, but the unwillingness to leave her wonderful country farm life might be the clincher if he is not willing to move there. I would move there in a heartbeat!

I don't know if he likes her the most but I do think they're not compatible for one another in terms of lifestyle.  It's not just that they live in different cities but Faith has a DJ job and horses that likely need tending to on a regular basis.  Even splitting time between cities would be difficult.

It is not a good sign when the first thing he said about why he loves Theresa is the way she makes him feel.

I did think there was something overall that was a bit more loose when Gerry was with Leslie's family. 

• Like 11
  • Useful 1

When it gets right down to it, I think that Theresa would be the best one for him to pick. She may be a bit whacky, but she certainly is whacky for him, and would probably spend her days doting on him. He does seem like the kind of guy that wants someone who’s all goo goo eyed over him. 

She would spend her days trying to please him. 

Cooking, doing his laundry, cleaning the house, all the mundane basics that a lot of men have pretend incompetence in executing when a female is around to say…. “Oh just let me do it (the right way).” Lots of those types in the Golden generation out there now. On both sides. 
I’d never fall for it heehee, thats for sure! 

She is desperate to win him and seems like she would bend over backwards to make him happy he chose her. 

If he is smart… he would pick Theresa. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1

I totally agree with you, I think he is actually needy and she def will make him feel whole again.  My preference is Faith but I think they are just too different. I don't see him fitting into her life nor her in his.  She is quite accomplished and probably very independent.   Theresa is my second choice but I think they're the best match!  And Leslie just thinks she's too hot, just not his type at all.  I bet Gerry and Theresa just have a lot more in common..... and they're both pretty sweet in their own conservative ways.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

We are getting a "Women Tell All" episode next week 👀

From the Preview it does look like the women are all very polished and ready for it. They all seemed to get along very well in the house and there will be little need for drama. It will be a rare WTA where decorum is the main vibe. 
What a nice change of pace that would be. 

Except maybe for the drama Kathy may pull if the producers goad her enough or pay her a bonus to enact, because thats just what they do. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Those were beautiful houses/properties! Was that Leslie’s apartment?  I liked Teresa’s and Faith’s houses, yards, etc.—so lush and green. The city vibe in Minneapolis was cool too. Nice families.

Leslie bugs me for some reason. I’m not sure why. She seems off. 

Faith seems like a happy person overall. 

I wonder if his wife was Italian? Maybe Teresa is sort of familiar. 

I think he will pick Leslie because I have the sense he is physically attracted to her the most. But it’s a tough call and after this episode feel like I really can’t guess.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

Theresa seemed subdued when she came to the rose ceremony. I think her daughter clued her in.

I feel for Theresa. And, unpopular opinion, I don't dislike her like most do. And I think out of the three remaining, she'd be the best fit for Gerry. Of course, that doesn't matter if he doesn't reciprocate her feelings - which it appears that he doesn't. 

And that makes me wonder why his theatrics at the rose ceremony? He told both Faith and Leslie that he loves them, there's your final two! How can he possibly be conflicted when he couldn't say he loved Theresa? 

Here's my view on Theresa: I think she's awkward because she hasn't dated in like 50 years. I don't think Theresa has the experience the other two have (and which one of them has been married and divorced multiple times?). Plus they're younger and come off as the more confident "cool girls", and I think Theresa comes on strong because she doesn't have game. But I do think she means well. 

I like Faith but I think she can do better than Gerry. I can see her being cast as The Golden Bachelorette if she doesn't get picked. I also think the 12 year age difference between her and Gerry would eventually get in the way of her thriving lifestyle. 

I never really warmed up to Leslie. Maybe it's the "dancer who danced with and supposedly dated Prince" thing that screamed WRONG REASONS, or her wanting him to coddle her insecurities. 

ETA: I am SO HAPPY that there's a Women Tell All! All my faves are the ones who got sent home. lol

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 17
  • Applause 1

The way he said ILY to Leslie,  seemed  very sincere to me. I didn't  see that sincerity with Theresa,   and as much as I love Faith, her lifestyle  doesn't jibe with his. I'm so happy to see all the women come back for a WTA, and I've never said that before 

• Like 8

I went back and watched some key moments a second time. 

• Theresa starts running to him and he just stands there and waits for her
  • He throws up his arms excitedly when he sees Faith, but still lets her be the one to run toward him
  • When he saw Leslie he immediately started hurrying toward her
  • Theresa initiates the kissing
  • I think Faith leaned in from horseback first for their kiss
  • He can’t seem to keep his hands or lips off of Leslie
  • Theresa says “I love you” and he responds “That makes me feel special” (and his tone was kind of like “awww, dang, I don’t know what to say” — not quite condescending, but definitely not a reciprocal emotion)
  • Faith and he say “I love you“ in whispers, like it’s not really true
  • His tone of voice sounded emotionally genuine when he said it to Leslie. Like he just HAD to tell her. Plus he called her “his person.”

And even without any of that, the fact that he didn’t seem to have any problem giving Leslie a rose, but broke down over which of the other two to cut? Says to me that he wants Leslie and just wants to be done with this and not lead anyone on any further.

Anticlimactic for me — Benton City is about 20 minutes from our larger community and *significantly* smaller (3500 vs 250K) and I never really have a reason to go there so I didn’t recognize any of the background like I’d hoped. 

• Like 15
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, SassyCat said:

When it gets right down to it, I think that Theresa would be the best one for him to pick. She may be a bit whacky, but she certainly is whacky for him, and would probably spend her days doting on him. He does seem like the kind of guy that wants someone who’s all goo goo eyed over him. 

She would spend her days trying to please him. 

Cooking, doing his laundry, cleaning the house, all the mundane basics that a lot of men have pretend incompetence in executing when a female is around to say…. “Oh just let me do it (the right way).” Lots of those types in the Golden generation out there now. On both sides. 
I’d never fall for it heehee, thats for sure! 

She is desperate to win him and seems like she would bend over backwards to make him happy he chose her. 

If he is smart… he would pick Theresa. 

This is probably right on....but just too ICKY for me.  I can't bear to be around "goo-goo-eyed" women ... and I rarely trust them.  I don't think he'll stay with whomever he chooses.

• Like 4

In the regular version of the Bachelor and Bachelorette, distance is  an issue.  But in this version, there are kids and grandkids on both sides to consider.  I think from practical terms he and Faith and Theresa are too far apart.  Even him and Leslie…would she really want to move to his house by the lake, particularly since it was his dream house with his first wife?

eta. Whatever injectables Theresa used before the first show seem to be wearing off,nand I think she is looking much better.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Like 5

I liked all the families, but especially  the kids! 🤗

Leslie is the one Gerry stands against the stone wall---a not so subtle expression of physical desire, IMO. 😉

Leslie is the one Gerry used the "A wise man once told me..." line before telling her "I love you"---twice, once more with feeling---as he leaned in to kiss her multiple times, happily, no coaxing needed. If this were not being filmed,....💋💖🔥🎆

Leslie received the first rose tonight, no hesitation, no angst. 🌹

I no longer think Gerry will choose Faith**, and I'd  be shocked if he picks Theresa. 😲

Leslie FTW.

**But do I think he'll bed Faith anyway,  plus Leslie? Gerry might be a mensch, but as a wise man once said, "Don't miss the  opportunity...." 😄😄😄

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

I've got my Skinny Pop! Let the games begin.... I am cringing already thinking about the grandkids asking (being coached to ask) if he is going to marry their grandma and that he should be the new Paw-Paw.

You called it to a T!  I must admit those kids were all great little actors though. Leslie's blonde granddaughter has her performance gene.

Theresa (or as Gerry calls her Treeza) is going to be sad, but she has a fabulous family and a daughter who doesn't mind mom being over every single day.

Faith was awesome on her horse and I think she's far and away the most attractive of the three, but I hope he doesn't pick her.  She, and her sisters, seemed so sad when they talked about her bad luck with men and "Gerry is completely different."  Well I think she's rebounding to him now, but if she has always preferred horse riding macho men with swagger, won't she miss that in time?  I think she should wait for someone who is her type but also nice. 

Leslie is wearing lipstick, that very pale greasy kind that was considered sexy in the seventies.  Gerry still thinks it's sexy too, and is totally turned on by her look and leg hugging manner. It all makes me queasy, but I think they're made for each other. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
6 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

You called it to a T!  I must admit those kids were all great little actors though. Leslie's blonde granddaughter has her performance gene.

Theresa (or as Gerry calls her Treeza) is going to be sad, but she has a fabulous family and a daughter who doesn't mind mom being over every single day.

Faith was awesome on her horse and I think she's far and away the most attractive of the three, but I hope he doesn't pick her.  She, and her sisters, seemed so sad when they talked about her bad luck with men and "Gerry is completely different."  Well I think she's rebounding to him now, but if she has always preferred horse riding macho men with swagger, won't she miss that in time?  I think she should wait for someone who is her type but also nice. 

Leslie is wearing lipstick, that very pale greasy kind that was considered sexy in the seventies.  Gerry still thinks it's sexy too, and is totally turned on by her look and leg hugging manner. It all makes me queasy, but I think they're made for each other. 

as much as i hate to agree, i think it is leslie for the win, partly because of proximity distance and lifestyle-wise.  faith is too far away and too busy with her career and horses, theresa needs to see her family every day. 

and, most importantly, she's got the bachelor jump down to a science.  i can just picture several dry runs to get just the right lift-off and leg curl, but she's definitely got it now.  

so, next week we have 5 minutes of him trying to identify his number 2 gal without having a crying fit and then the tell all.  yippee.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, endure said:

I totally agree with you, I think he is actually needy and she def will make him feel whole again.  My preference is Faith but I think they are just too different. I don't see him fitting into her life nor her in his.  She is quite accomplished and probably very independent.   Theresa is my second choice but I think they're the best match!  And Leslie just thinks she's too hot, just not his type at all.  I bet Gerry and Theresa just have a lot more in common..... and they're both pretty sweet in their own conservative ways.

Yes!  Plus, he liked her family a lot.  Her Sisters and Grandkids.  He looked very comfortable there.  I don’t think he’s a horse person like Faith.  I have a feeling he won’t let Teresa down.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, dizzyd said:

Oh just send them both home, looks like he’s attracted to Leslie anyway. 

I’m assuming he’s a country boy?  I think Leslie and Faith are too too much for him.  Looks like he would be more comfortable with Teresa.  The ranch and City might not be his style.  Think I’m repeating myself, lol.  Will next week be the end or what?  These commercials are killing me.

• Like 2

If I were one of the two left standing there after he gave out his first rose and then had to leave in order to have a break-down, I would have left then and there.  If he didn't know he wanted to give a rose to me, I would not have waited for further humiliation.

Anyway, I thought both of Theresa's sisters looked pretty and much better than their surgically enhanced sister.  I don't understand the desire for excessive surgery that results in one looking not natural-tight, shiny, and stretched. 

Oh, I don't think horse woman would ever move away from her land and horses.  And, Theresa seems so very needy that I doubt she would leave her family even though she seems desperate to be with Gerry. 

I agree with others, Gerry is totally all about how they look at him, touch him, etc.  He will want to be the center of the life of whomever he chooses.  

• Like 17
8 hours ago, funnygirl said:

And that makes me wonder why his theatrics at the rose ceremony? He told both Faith and Leslie that he loves them, there's your final two! How can he possibly be conflicted when he couldn't say he loved Theresa?

I don't think he was unsure of his decision, I think it was more that he hated to hurt someone's feelings.  After having made such close connections with them all, he's going to break someone's heart, and that's hard to do, especially while being filmed!

• Like 23
2 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Leslie is wearing lipstick, that very pale greasy kind that was considered sexy in the seventies.

Let's not miss Treeza's lipsticks...also greasy plus bleedy, definitely not PALE.  The highlighter on the tip of her nose was comedy relief.  I feel Garry will choose her because he's the type of guy who wants to be "the pretty one" in a relationship AND...because he'll appreciate the cringey adoration she displays 24/7.  Personally, I couldn't carry that off for 15 minutes.  Hmmm...is that why my husband left me after 20yrs to hook up with his younger secretary?

• Like 1
  • Hugs 5
  • LOL 5

Anyone else totally envious of Faith's life?   lol     I want to ride my horse to the grocery store!   

I don't think Gerry is the one for Faith.   I don't know if he's the one for either of the other 2 but i don't think he would fit into Faith's life.  

• Like 11
16 hours ago, SassyCat said:

I think he likes Faith the most, but the unwillingness to leave her wonderful country farm life might be the clincher if he is not willing to move there. I would move there in a heartbeat!

This would be difficult for all as the 3 women are all very close with all their family members; are they willing to move to Indiana?  Or is Gerry ready to leave Indiana?

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, bequialife said:

This would be difficult for all as the 3 women are all very close with all their family members; are they willing to move to Indiana?  Or is Gerry ready to leave Indiana?

Maybe they need to pick people who live closer to each other and actually have a viable chance to date out in the real world. 

• Like 8
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I agree with others, Gerry is totally all about how they look at him, touch him, etc.  He will want to be the center of the life of whomever he chooses.  

What's that saying? "People will forget what you said to them but they will remember how you made them feel." I think that is especially true for men. They want someone who makes them feel good about themself.

I thought it was funny when Gerry asked Faith if the horses would bite him.  He did ok, but clearly he is not a horse-guy.

Theresa didn't bug me as much this time, but wow is she coming across as desperate. The look on her daughter's face when Gerry said he didn't know how he felt about her. And she goes to her daughter's house EVERY DAY?  She needs to get a life and hopefully if she is not chosen she will realize that now. I'm about her age and there is a lot more to life than just seeing family every day. I thought her hometown visit dress was too short (my husband did not agree) but her rose ceremony dress was nice. Was it Faith in the black dress?  Did not flatter her, her boobs looked pretty saggy. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

Sounds like Theresa has interests besides the grandchildren:

Theresa loves singing alone in her car, '70s rock music and her grandchildren...

...Theresa is a financial services professional who describes herself as "optimistic, encouraging and ready to love again after loss," the show says.

She's close with her children and grandchildren, and enjoys playing board games, gardening, reading romance novels and hula hooping. She's also a self-taught stock market aficionado.

https://www.app.com/story/entertainment/2023/09/26/golden-bachelor-theresa-vies-for-gerry-turner-on-golden-bachelor/70969091007/

Edited by Dehumidifier
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

If I were one of the two left standing there after he gave out his first rose and then had to leave in order to have a break-down, I would have left then and there.  If he didn't know he wanted to give a rose to me, I would not have waited for further humiliation.  

This! Because clearly whoever he gives the rose to is the literal second choice in every way. How do you go into the next week/overnights even thinking you have a shot after that? He's crying because he doesn't want to hurt either of their feelings, which is nice and all, but he's making his F1 choice very obvious. If I were Faith and Theresa, I'd be a little pissed as well as heartbroken, and then start to detach. Enjoy the free vacation that comes with being the final 2. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, mishap said:

Anyone else totally envious of Faith's life?   lol     I want to ride my horse to the grocery store!   

I don't think Gerry is the one for Faith.   I don't know if he's the one for either of the other 2 but i don't think he would fit into Faith's life.  

I myself, wouldn’t want to live on that lake 12 months a year.. maybe only in summer.  I need stores, restaurants and a library nearby.  I don’t see Faith or Leslie living there at all.  He probably would have to move for love.  Btw, why does he have to marry?  At that age?  I wouldn’t.

• Like 5
23 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I myself, wouldn’t want to live on that lake 12 months a year.. maybe only in summer.  I need stores, restaurants and a library nearby.  I don’t see Faith or Leslie living there at all.  He probably would have to move for love.  Btw, why does he have to marry?  At that age?  I wouldn’t.

It depends on the house and the surroundings. I also love to have things nearby but the older I get, the more I like peace and quiet. 

Yea, I don't know if I would remarry but it would be fine to see each other and spend time together. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

🎶 💡 🎶

Gerry (Indiana!), Gerry (Indiana!), Gerry (Indiana!)

Gerry (Indiana)!

An unusual name!

Looking for a wife (and some Reality fame)!

Gerry (Indiana!) with three women in play,

Gets along well on every Family Day!

Gerry (Indiana!), Gerry (Indiana!), Gerry (Indiana!)

As he breaks down once again

Gerry (Indiana!), Gerry (Indiana!), Gerry (Indiana!) 

Will he leave for love? We'll see!

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 3

I'm really embarrassed for all four of them (Gerry included) with these "I love yous" and "I'm in love with you" to someone they hardly know. At their ages that is just foolish. Do they just get caught up in circumstances, is it the producers egging them on, or what? This isn't real life and they seem like they have just completely taken leave of their senses. I expect this of the young and dumb on the regular Bachelor, but these are grown-ass adults. I was literally cringing.

I wasn't expecting a WTA this season. I hope most of the women have realized since taping that they deserve better (Kathy excluded, of course).

• Like 5
  • Applause 5

Did Leslie’s father commit suicide?  When she was telling Gerry about her brother picking her up at school that day, it sounded to me like that’s what she was about to say before she suddenly veered off in another direction.  Had she mentioned anything like that before?

• Like 1
  • Sad 4