Type keyword(s) to search

The Golden Bachelor - General Discussion

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Kelsey said:

I agree, and Teresa has 1 daughter that she's very close too. The home meeting was at her daughter's home, her grandsons were there of course and her 2 sisters came over. She seems very close to her family. Would she  pick up and move to Indiana...I don't think Gerry plans on moving from his family (I just think that) but would Gerry want to move Teresa (if he picks her) into his and his late wife's dream home. 

PS: I don't think the grandkids should have met him on all the home visits, too young. 

This is just my POV😂

I am very close to my two daughters also.  But, I would NEVER ago to their houses everyday even tho they live close by.  That’s a little ridiculous.  Cut the cord already.  Teresa is too needy.  She just might smother Gerry.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 11/9/2023 at 7:48 PM, seasons said:

Wow!!! And isn’t April a “therapist”? Maybe not the greatest judgement in real life? 

April was 16, (maybe younger?) when she got involved with him. He was 40.  I don't think she's the person whose judgment I'm questioning. 

I don't love her, but I don't blame her for being groomed by an older, successful man.

On 11/9/2023 at 8:00 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

I am betting the next Bachelor/ette is the usual. ABC might like to study this season. Who knows? There  could be an entire spin-off! 

The next season of younger Bachelor is almost finished.  I will be curious to see if they greenlight a Golden Bachelorette edition given the popularity of this show and with scripted shows coming back.

On 11/9/2023 at 8:27 PM, kristen111 said:

Ratings must have been very high, so they are now milking it. 

They have been high, but 8 episodes has always been the plan.  You better believe they probably wish they had done 2 hours, like they do the regular Bachelor, and for more episodes. 

20 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think the Golden Bachelorette, if they have one, will be the blonde woman that went home early to her daughter.

She has great stage presence and she's loved for caring for her daughter.

In general, Joan left too soon to be chosen.  Even Ellen left too soon but it has happened before.  It's not that they couldn't break patterns but I suspect they'll choose one of the final 3.

• Like 5
14 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I think it would be harder to find 20-25 men who would want to be on the show than it was to find available women.  However, if there is such a show, I would really like Susan to be the Bachelorette as she has personality and is a hoot!

Plus, I think you have to factor in the fact that some unmarried men (of any age)are not looking for a woman at all. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

I'm 61 and single, so this is my world.  Many of my friends look like these women:  fit, a bit of nips and tucks, fashionably dressed, young spirit.  

But the men this age, by and large, have not been taking care of themselves in the way the women have.  They haven't been using sunscreen, or sharing the latest diet & workout tips (keto & yoga?  paleo & Barre?  plant-based & Pilates?  lol).  And the men just do not, as a group, look this good.

The men this age group, largely, look tired, worn out, like life has dealt them a bad hand.  They do not look like Kevin Costner, but rather, Wilford Brimley.

The big difference I see is connection.  Women reach out to other women for connection, whereas men reach out for activity (golf, etc).

But, all these Wilford Brimley men with bitter attitudes still look in the mirror and see the 25 year-old version of themselves.  

My point is, if there is a Golden Bachelorette, it will be hard to find 25 men, aged 60+, who want the Susans, Faiths, Joans of the world.

I do hope they have it, because I'd like to see where the men are hiding!

And Gerry, I know your decision is already made, but please.....get Teresa off my screen.

• Like 14
22 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

I'm 61 and single, so this is my world.  Many of my friends look like these women:  fit, a bit of nips and tucks, fashionably dressed, young spirit.  

But the men this age, by and large, have not been taking care of themselves in the way the women have.  They haven't been using sunscreen, or sharing the latest diet & workout tips (keto & yoga?  paleo & Barre?  plant-based & Pilates?  lol).  And the men just do not, as a group, look this good.

The men this age group, largely, look tired, worn out, like life has dealt them a bad hand.  They do not look like Kevin Costner, but rather, Wilford Brimley.

The big difference I see is connection.  Women reach out to other women for connection, whereas men reach out for activity (golf, etc).

But, all these Wilford Brimley men with bitter attitudes still look in the mirror and see the 25 year-old version of themselves.  

My point is, if there is a Golden Bachelorette, it will be hard to find 25 men, aged 60+, who want the Susans, Faiths, Joans of the world.

I do hope they have it, because I'd like to see where the men are hiding!

And Gerry, I know your decision is already made, but please.....get Teresa off my screen.

And if the golden bachelorette is in her 60s, she’ll only get applicants 70+ who are looking for someone who will do the cooking, cleaning and generally looking after them and their health issues. 

Edited by DEL901
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

And if the golden bachelorette is in her 60s, she’ll only get applicants 70+ who are looking for someone who will do the cooking, cleaning and generally looking after them and their health issues. 

A nurse or a purse....

The last guy I dated was 62.  Turned out, he was broke (in debt actually), and looking for someone to home him.  Very similar to that guy in "Some Kind of Heaven" film about the Villages.  

There are a lot more "Dirty John" types than people realize.  People who present themselves one way....

Note:  I've been on a tour of the Villages.  Beautiful place, pristine, not so much as a blade of grass out of place.  The film only showed that one loser guy who doesn't even live there, so it's not a true representation.  I actually spent an entire day by myself there, driving around, eating at the restaurants, people-watching.  It's still on my "consideration" list.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 6
2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Don't agree. My husband and I are both 73, he is watching the show with me and we talk about it.  I really think if something happened to me he would probably want to find someone and that's ok.  (After an appropriate time, of course!) He enjoys travel and going out on weekends, spending time together at home. Much nicer when you have someone to do that with.

We live in a 55+ community (not the Villages) and there are some very active, vital people here. When women get together they inevitably say if their husband died, they are DONE.  I always say it's easy to say that when you are not in that situation. Life can be lonely when you are alone.  Yes, you can travel with girlfriends but it's different.

Saying old men want a nurse ... well, hey, you may need a little help yourself at some point. It can go both ways.

• Like 6
  • Love 6

I think the lady that went home to be with her daughter (sorry, forgot her name) is very attractive and nice. I'm sure she had some work done but looks natural. Her hair is gorgeous, too. She would have been a great choice for Gerry. He will regret not choosing her ( I know it wasn't his choice) but I'm sure he will wonder about her. 

• Like 4

I think the lady that went home to be with her daughter (sorry, forgot her name) is very attractive and nice.

I keep thinking if she had been able to stay, and just dyed her hair medium brown, she might have gone the distance--who knows? 🙂

• LOL 7
On 11/9/2023 at 6:22 PM, mishap said:

I just hate the clip when Gerry says that he's never felt worse in his life, except for when his wife passed, and that having to  just pick one, is a close second.     Not his exact quote but that's the gist.  

Come on Gerry.      I think they were married 40 - some years?    That is real life.   

He has known these women for weeks?   Months?    

I know he said  he felt worse, losing his wife.   But he also said this was a close second.   This show is a game.   Entertainment.  If he finds true love, that is great but it seems to me he is diminishing his life with Toni but comparing her loss to this.   

The whole  season was shot AUG 2 til end of August so they were  only in  the house for  a week.  The home town  dates were  all shot in a week, so he only knew the final three less then 3 weeks and then the fantasy suites.   

I  just read he  was on vacation with a woman when the Bachelor offer  came in,  Gerry and his crocodile tears just masks a great  con artist.   Funny how the nation buys his  good  guy image. 

And I'd think in his 70 years,  surely there were harder  decisions that had to be made then rose ceremonies with a houseful of women he barely knows.

Edited by Realitystarr
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
On 11/9/2023 at 6:15 PM, DEL901 said:

Even when you see them visit the families at home, it often is a rental place.  Sometimes people don’t want their homes filmed.  Sometimes their places may be too small or not fancy enough.   Lots of reasons, and we are never told. 

I would do  that. 

On 11/10/2023 at 6:27 AM, debbie311 said:

I feel that if Joan had been able to stay, maybe she would have been chosen at the end.  Maybe I am a horrible person, but I still feel there is more to the story than her leaving because her daughter needed her. Is the daughter a single parent, no husband/partner?  This would not have lasted forever, I don't know how long they were away from home total. Joan seemed very matter of fact, said that now she was looking forward to getting out there and meeting someone. Maybe she truly didn't really feel "it" for Gerry.

It was uncomfortable watching Faith sobbing.  She seems so wounded.  And the dress - she looked desperate.  And - she actually said at one point she didn't want to leave the area where her horse is buried.  Really? It's a HORSE.  

Ehh she's doing just fine,  this past week she spoiled  the outcome, posting photos of her out on dates with a bunch of boy toys.   In  retrospecit maybe she realized she looked foolish pining and crying  for him on the tell all and wanted to rebrand. 

Yes, since  I learned the women in the house was just for one week, it's odd two of them had to bail early.

Edited by Realitystarr
  • Like 5
58 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I think the lady that went home to be with her daughter (sorry, forgot her name) is very attractive and nice. I'm sure she had some work done but looks natural. Her hair is gorgeous, too. She would have been a great choice for Gerry. He will regret not choosing her ( I know it wasn't his choice) but I'm sure he will wonder about her. 

There are plenty of very nice ones he didn’t pick and I don’t know why.  I am not thrilled at all with the final three.  He let go of much better.  Probably all fixed or maybe he needs glasses.  Plus,what’s with all the long hair in their faces?  especially Leslie.  A wig?

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 4

I can believe that Gerry has felt at times emotionally overwhelmed by the sheer number of women, never mind his feelings for more than a couple.

I want to believe that Grandzaddy Gerry, rumored Sugar Daddy Gerry, decided to buy into the show's Fairytale premise and suspended any cynicism or ulterior "not there for the right reasons" motives. 

Thus, in the hot-house "GB" atmosphere, from declaring love to bidding adieu,  Gerry might indeed have felt only his wife's  passing had affected him as much. 

• Like 8
6 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

There are plenty of very nice ones he didn’t pick and I don’t know why.  I am not thrilled at all with the final three.  He let go of much better.  Probably all fixed or maybe he needs glasses.

Gerry interacted with the women; we've  seen only an edited version (Captain Obvious at your service!). He is the only one who knows who stirred his heart and other organs, who to him as the man he is, is "much better."  Maybe some women we thought were cool, bored him silly. Maybe some women we thought were fun, held no sexual attraction. Maybe some women we thought were pretty, struck him as bland or superficial. 

I don't buy for a second that Gerry is seeking primarily "care" and "companionship." It can't be that hard to settle for such in Indiana. Nor does he want, Pickleball notwithstanding and IMO, primarily a gal-pal for sports.  

I think Gerry wants the entire array of romance, and he clearly wants it with a brunette. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
On 11/10/2023 at 11:25 AM, Recyclorette said:

Joan's entire face is frozen except her lower lip and eyelids.  I've been restoring some vintage Barbies for my granddaughter and felt like I was looking at one when she spoke.  I just don't get all the fuss over her and I certainly wouldn't watch a Golden Bachelorette trying to look like one of the hundreds of already manufactured 20-somethings we've seen over the years.  Her date with Gerry was just on par with many others and her personality pales next to most of the women on that stage last night. 

I feel like you're the first to say this and thank you.  I agree.  Joan was perfectly fine but goodness, I too am mystified by all the fuss being made over her!  In my opinion she was pretty blah with limited personality.  

23 hours ago, Kelsey said:

I was looking at Kathy last night and she looks like she's had some work done.🤷🏼‍♀️

Kathy had an entirely new face and it was creepy!!!

19 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

After a while we have to choose between looking old and looking weird

You summed it up.  An excess of plastic surgery as you get older never results in looking younger, you just look.....odd.  Is looking like an alien who isn't fooling anyone seriously better than just looking old?

To me, the show hasn't been about Gerry.  He's been like an uninteresting side character.  I loved the fun of the ladies living in the house and their relationships!  That was the best part!  I really could care less about the remainder of the show.

That being said, I think they are doing some shady editing work to make Leslie look like the obvious choice.  Which is pretty scary to think that Theresa is going to end up the "winner".  But again, do we really care??  Ha!

Also, Ellen has my vote for Golden Bachelorette. 

• Like 10
  • Love 1

I usually regret watching the Women Tell All episode. It's usually a b**chfest or a pile-on. This was neither and enjoyable. The women seemed to have made true friendships and supported one another. Even Kathy, came off reasonable. She owned up to how she handled herself, saying she's the one who should have "zipped it!" And wow, she certainly looked more rested than she did on the show. It was like her 15-year younger self on the WTA. If it was make-up, I need a tutorial!

• Like 8
  • Love 2

I got a 'get me out of here' vibe from Leslie, while she was standing there with a rose next to worrying Teresa and Faith while Gerry hyperventilated in the hallway. 

If I were her, I think I might have handed my rose to one of them and got the heck out of dodge before he came back in after that bit of nonsense.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Vivigirl10 said:

I feel like you're the first to say this and thank you.  I agree.  Joan was perfectly fine but goodness, I too am mystified by all the fuss being made over her!  In my opinion she was pretty blah with limited personality.  

Joan’s frozen top lip must be bothering her as she keeps licking her lips.  I don’t get why women do this to their lips.  Look at Precilla Presley, Meg Ryan, Lisa Rena  who messed up perfectly beautiful lips.  In Target yesterday, I saw a woman who looked like the Joker or a Blow Fish.

• Like 11
  • LOL 4
12 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I am very close to my two daughters also.  But, I would NEVER ago to their houses everyday even tho they live close by.  That’s a little ridiculous.  Cut the cord already.  Teresa is too needy.  She just might smother Gerry.

My mom lives about 10 minutes away but we only see each other maybe once a week.  We would never see each other every day or even every other day unless there was something major going on with either one of us. 

I think Gerry is looking for someone to take care of him and someone who has to need him.  Theresa fills that IMO.    

• Like 5
18 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

I think he'l end up choosing Theresa purely because she's needy and it makes him feel big. Leslie is probably fun for him, but his preference seems to be someone who makes him the center of their world, and I don't see Leslie doing that.

I don't disagree about Theresa but given Leslie's behaviour during the season (every week we would have to listen to her fret about Garry not talking to her, or Garry not looking at her, or Garry not spending time with her or Garry being interested in someone else, or Garry not giving her a rose) I think she would definitely make Garry the centre of her world, maybe to the point where he feels suffocated and wants out.

• Like 2

I guess I'm a softy, because I thought the segment with Faith and Gerry was genuine and heartfelt. I felt sorry for Faith, who looked like she was devastated. It was touching to me. 

It's interesting, as you get older, you do feel a little like nobody sees you anymore.

Also they talk about women over 60 being invisible.  I think more so 45 to 55 are the most invisible.  

I'm 59 and have felt this way since about 50 or 51. I even wrote an article about it for an online women's magazine. I also heard Paulina Porizkova say the same thing in an interview, and she is still gorgeous. I'm guessing many older women feel this way. Perhaps some men do as well. 

I think the Golden Bachelorette, if they have one, will be the blonde woman that went home early to her daughter.

Joan's entire face is frozen except her lower lip and eyelids.  I've been restoring some vintage Barbies for my granddaughter and felt like I was looking at one when she spoke.  I just don't get all the fuss over her and I certainly wouldn't watch a Golden Bachelorette trying to look like one of the hundreds of already manufactured 20-somethings we've seen over the years. 

I like Joan but it is hard for me to look at her due to her overly stretched face, especially her mouth and jawline. I find Edith much lovelier and more natural looking. 

Loved seeing all of the other ladies back. I just want a show with them hanging out and dating/finding love. It's really sweet that they've formed some real friendships out of this experience. 

This is what I liked the most about the WTA. No screeching or grandstanding by any of the women. No talking over each other and trying to cut each other down to size so they could have a big TV moment. No constant bleeping of f-bombs. They were all friendly and laughing. They seemed like they cared about each other and were having fun. So refreshing! 

I was shocked Gerry chose Teresa over Faith. The editors got me again. I have no idea who will win now. I thought Leslie but I also thought Teresa was a goner, so it shows how much I know! 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

What’s so great living near a lake or river?  Fishing?  It looks like it’s desolate there.  Are stores nearby?  Or a town?  Will they just sit on the porch?

Re: Living near a lake. All I can think of is "brain-eating amoebae," and there goes any attraction of a lake!

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 5

I assume Gerry likes boating and jet skiing? I read he is a regular at a restaurant there, but that may no longer be relevant if he moved to a new place with his pick. 

If I was his daughter I would rather he choose Theresa than one of Prince's old groupies. ;)  I kid, I kid...  at least I would hope his pick would know enough to be nice to the family.

• Like 5
14 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Plus, I think you have to factor in the fact that some unmarried men (of any age)are not looking for a woman at all.

That's true of women as well. In fact, older men who lost their spouses are more likely to want to remarry and date than older women in the same situation.

9 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Those won't be the only applicants.  There will be men who want to be on TV.  And some of these women are so beautiful that even younger men would be open to dating them.

They only need to find 25 men over the age of 55 from the US and Canada interested in dating a beautiful woman.  I think they'd be able to find that.

2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

What’s so great living near a lake or river? 

The lake breeze.  I'd love to live next to Lake Superior but I guess that's not your normal lake. 

• Like 2
Just now, Irlandesa said:

That's true of women as well. In fact, older men who lost their spouses are more likely to want to remarry and date than older women in the same situation.

Those won't be the only applicants.  There will be men who want to be on TV.  And some of these women are so beautiful that even younger men would be open to dating them.

They only need to find 25 men over the age of 55 from the US and Canada interested in dating a beautiful woman.  I think they'd be able to find that.

The lake breeze.  I'd love to live next to Lake Superior but I guess that's not your normal lake. 

Superior is astonishingly beautiful. I’m with you. 

• Like 4

I wasn't surprised that he picked Theresa over Faith. I think Faith's attachment to her home probably played a significant role there.

I know some people interpreted Faith's "I'd leave with him in a heartbeat" comment to mean that she would move for him, but I just took it to mean that she would have followed him onto the plane.

I think Gerry would have come across better if he'd said, "I do love you. But I fell in love with multiple women," as opposed to making it sound like his feelings of love just...passed.

Re: a golden bachelorette - if they're going to choose one of these women, I think it would very likely be Faith. If the producers were interested in someone else, I think they would have insisted that Gerry bring her along to the final 3.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Armchair Critic said:

I assume Gerry likes boating and jet skiing? I read he is a regular at a restaurant there, but that may no longer be relevant if he moved to a new place with his pick. 

If I was his daughter I would rather he choose Theresa than one of Prince's old groupies. ;)  I kid, I kid...  at least I would hope his pick would know enough to be nice to the family.

I read she dated Prince in high school, before he was famous.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Gerry interacted with the women; we've  seen only an edited version (Captain Obvious at your service!). He is the only one who knows who stirred his heart and other organs, who to him as the man he is, is "much better."  Maybe some women we thought were cool, bored him silly. Maybe some women we thought were fun, held no sexual attraction. Maybe some women we thought were pretty, struck him as bland or superficial. 

I don't buy for a second that Gerry is seeking primarily "care" and "companionship." It can't be that hard to settle for such in Indiana. Nor does he want, Pickleball notwithstanding and IMO, primarily a gal-pal for sports.  

I think Gerry wants the entire array of romance, and he clearly wants it with a brunette. 

There's alot I don't like about  Gerry the fake cryer, but  I do appreciate they put someone on who prefers  brunettes, usually it's the blondes that get all the attention.

• Like 5

I have liked Leslie from the get go (I've been here at Primetimer for years but had to make a new account this week bc it didn't let me sign on with my TWITTER/X)  and I  find Theresa  annoying and should  ZIP IT...but she probably is the best 'fit' for him in terms of mousy looks and age.   He's too much of a famewhore and they like women who are less attractive then them.

Over all though I see Gerry being alone.   Getting all this attention and being on TV  and doing the media  rounds has probably opened up a whole new world to him.  I don't see any reason he  shouldn't take advantage  of it after having been married 40+ years and grown children.  Go live your best  playboy life Gerry!

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
On 11/10/2023 at 6:53 AM, JenE4 said:

Granted, it could have been for other reasons offscreen, but based on what we were shown, I do think “My horse is buried here!” is what buried Faith’s chances. What about where Gerry’s wife is buried?!? I think last night Faith was trying to backtrack and say I would have moved for you, but that’s not what we saw in hometowns. I think there could be a lot of reasonable arguments for living in one place or the other that maybe could have landed in her favor in the long run. But by specifically invoking the point of my dead, buried horse immediately brings to mind the counterpoint of his dead, buried wife of 50 years. I’m certain that wasn’t her intention, but if that’s the first thing that comes to my mind as a viewer, I’m sure it came to Gerry’s mind. I think there’s just no coming back from the implication that my pet matters more than your spouse.

What Faith said to her sister in the hometowns was.... "I'm so smitten" adding: "I would leave with him in a heartbeat."  I don't know why so many people are saying that Faith wasn't picked because she wouldn't move. He didn't pick her because he loved someone else more.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Blakeston said:

I think Gerry would have come across better if he'd said, "I do love you. But I fell in love with multiple women," as opposed to making it sound like his feelings of love just...passed.

This.  Perfect response.

• Like 4

What's with all of the ladies and their gracious thanks to Gerry for breaking up with them? Good for them for taking the high road and learning from "the journey", but just once I'd like to hear a lady say, "I learned nothing from you, I hate you- and we can't still be friends!" 😅.  

• Applause 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
On 11/9/2023 at 9:22 PM, Armchair Critic said:

So (quoting Gerry with the so) now Gerry needs to decide does he want the one who makes his pants dance or does he choose the one with goo goo eyes who is more "traditional" and will do whatever HE wants.

Maybe to Gerry your conjunction "or" is "and." 

J/S 😉!

• Like 1
  • Wink 3
13 hours ago, kristen111 said:

In Target yesterday, I saw a woman who looked like the Joker or a Blow Fish.

we went on an expensive nordic cruise this spring with a mess of people with a LOT more money than us, and the first day we met a woman whose face was so stretched she literally looked like the Joker. My husband and I both gave each other a look once we'd separated from her. She turned out to be an awfully nice, if a bit ditzy, person, but wow, first impressions.....

• Like 5
5 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:
5 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

What's with all of the ladies and their gracious thanks to Gerry for breaking up with them? Good for them for taking the high road and learning from "the journey", but just once I'd like to hear a lady say, "I learned nothing from you, I hate you- and we can't still be friends!" 😅.  

😅.  

Thank you! Way back in my dating days I learned to say a flat, "No," to the "Can we still be friends?" question.  It's insulting that after months of  I love yous and intimate relations they think you're going to want to go to the mall with them and girl-watch while eating pizza.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
8 hours ago, endure said:

What Faith said to her sister in the hometowns was.... "I'm so smitten" adding: "I would leave with him in a heartbeat."  I don't know why so many people are saying that Faith wasn't picked because she wouldn't move. He didn't pick her because he loved someone else more.

Faith may have said that to her sister, but she did not say that to Gerry. She lamented to him that she didn’t want to leave because she has her currently living and deceased horse buried there. He may love the other two more, but his face went totally crestfallen when she said that to him, so I do think that’s a contributing factor about what made him realize it wouldn’t work out. 

• Like 7

I just realized what was missing from The Women Tell All.  It seems like every season during this episode (whether 'Women Tell All' or 'Men Tell All') they indicate which of our 'favorites' will be on Bachelor in Paradise.  Did they just forget to mention that?...

Actually, and this is a serious comment, I would love to see these women hanging out at the Mexican resort having fun and having drinks.  Just them, well and Jesse can come and make comments and Wells can make them their drinks. Oh, and Jorge can put tours together for them.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Golden Bachelorette?

I am this demographic, and my response (based on my husband, all my brothers and brothers-in-law and my friends' husbands) is that a group of guys this age, hanging out in the mansion without television sets tuned to sports, would be miserable.

Women in this age group tend to be chatty. Men bond with other men (and argue) over sports or politics. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Thank you! Way back in my dating days I learned to say a flat, "No," to the "Can we still be friends?" question.  It's insulting that after months of  I love yous and intimate relations they think you're going to want to go to the mall with them and girl-watch while eating pizza.

Yes!!! "Can we still be friends?" is such a patronizing phrase to tell a girl!  Good for you for saying "No"!  Whenever a guy says, "Can we still be friends?" during the breakup, I angrily say to him, "We were never friends!" Because a true friend wouldn't blindside a girl with a breakup on Christmas Eve over the phone, Jackson 😅.  I can take myself out to pizza at the mall food court, Ryan 😏! You do not wish me well, Mike 😅!!! All of the empty phrases that guys tell girls on the way out are a way for them to try to save face during a breakup and I won't give them the satisfaction of having me go down easy without a fight! 😄🙌💯.  Friendship is earned, it is not a consolation prize! 

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Like 8
  • Applause 7
7 hours ago, dleighg said:

we went on an expensive nordic cruise this spring with a mess of people with a LOT more money than us, and the first day we met a woman whose face was so stretched she literally looked like the Joker. My husband and I both gave each other a look once we'd separated from her. She turned out to be an awfully nice, if a bit ditzy, person, but wow, first impressions.....

Lol .. this chick had Money.  She was from the Hamptons where all the Billionaires live, like actors and directors, etc.  They don’t have big stores out there, so have to travel to other sections on the Island.  Very well dressed, but the face was ridiculous.  Her lips looked like the red candy lips we bought when we were little in the candy store.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 6
10 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

First of all, I would never humiliate myself by going on a show as this.  If I did and didn’t get picked, I’d go out the back door .. not to say thanks to Gerry.  Thanks for what?  Lol.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
2 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I can’t believe we read nothing about who he picked in the Media.  Weird.

Well, what I was going to post was a bit spoiler-y, so I won't say it.  

But a friend just met him in person.  That's all I'll say.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2

The Golden Bachelor ladies and Gerry are my age group. I've enjoyed this season. I don't think a Golden Bachelorette season would work as well. As some folks have already said, watching twenty-five 60-75 year old men hanging out in the mansion wouldn't be as fun as watching this fun group of gals. I have a close group of ten girlfriends - we call ourselves "the gal pals" - that have been friends for over fifty years since high school. We love to have fun. We dance, we cook, tour wineries, travel, hike, party it up and laugh a lot. I don't see men in our age group doing this. Don't beat me up for saying this, but "old guys" are kind of boring. Of course, this is a generalization. We all love our own Dads, Grandpas, Uncles, brothers, etc., that are this age, but watching a group of men on a Golden Bachelorette just doesn't sound great.

After watching the Women Tell All, my uninformed, non-spoiler prediction is that Gerry chooses Theresa as his final choice and, if I was the producer, I would probably pick Ellen as the bachelorette. She seems real to me. Not fake and full of plastic. Looking forward to the finale! 

• Like 7
4 minutes ago, Matty said:

if I was the producer, I would probably pick Ellen as the bachelorette. She seems real to me. Not fake and full of plastic.

Joan has been a favorite for many, she is putting out videos on social media and while she is a beautiful woman I don't find her interesting. I agree about Ellen being more real, but doubt they will go with her.

• Like 7
58 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Well, what I was going to post was a bit spoiler-y, so I won't say it.  

But a friend just met him in person.  That's all I'll say.

Do tell! 

3 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Yes!!! "Can we still be friends?" is such a patronizing phrase to tell a girl!  Good for you for saying "No"!  Whenever a guy says, "Can we still be friends?" during the breakup, I angrily say to him, "We were never friends!" Because a true friend wouldn't blindside a girl with a breakup on Christmas Eve over the phone, Jackson 😅.  I can take myself out to pizza at the mall food court, Ryan 😏! You do not wish me well, Mike 😅!!! All of the empty phrases that guys tell girls on the way out are a way for them to try to save face during a breakup and I won't give them the satisfaction of having me go down easy without a fight! 😄🙌💯.  Friendship is earned, it is not a consolation prize! 

Guys say it too. Happened to my friend a few times. And yes, she is older. 

• Like 2