Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E11: It's My Fiesta and I'll Cry If I Want To

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

So instead of Shannon owning that she is the one that went lady to lady telling her relationship secrets she’s just gonna continue to blame Heather and try to call her a liar? Shannon you TOLD them all these things it’s not rumor when it comes from your own mouth 

I’m reaching my bullshit point with Shannon this season 

I'm surprised she wasn't embarrassed hearing she tells multiple people stuff when she's drunk that she doesn't later remember. She's in blackouts so often they've become a way of life. 

Whenever they show that "You'll all know the truth" clip of Shannon I'm struck by how different she looks now. It's hard to tell it's the same person. Even the shape of her face seems to have changed. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 11
5 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

I could have sworn Emily told Andy last year that her work with the California Innocence Project was fundraising, not legal work.   Maybe that changed?  I can see her being very good at the fundraising, she used to do event planning right?  Plus she has a high profile to draw attention to the cause.  

That's not to take away from whatever she's doing with the organization, fundraising is critical; and she does have a law degree, although I don't know if it's criminal law.

As hideous as Emily's dress was, I thought Gina looked amazing in her pink cutout. 

The best use of her "abilities" is as a fund raiser and "face" providing promotion for the group.

While it is true that lawyers don't "major" in law school, most lawyers do specialize once they start working and criminal law is a specific set of skills and knowledge so Emily would have very limited ability doing the kind of legal work that is needed - even Post Conviction Criminal Law is a subset speciality of law. FWIW, criminal defendants who are convicted and want to appeal often hire lawyers who specialize in appellate law - assuming they actually have the money.

What organizations like this need is money in order to pay lawyers and fund office workers to help people. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 3
30 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Enough with Jenn's adoption story in every episode, and the comparison of white, and brown skin in this one.

The kid seems sweet but she is so gross! Asking him if he would like to meet his birth mom someday ON CAMERA FOR REAL HOUSEWIVES is absolutely disgusting. Though it’s nice that she and her husband adopted him, she also broke up the family to go be with that muscled asshole. Then she kept mentioning his brown skin as if to remind viewers that she adopted a child of color.  She can quit the sweet act, we see you asshole.

• Like 10
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I had to laugh at Shannon during her lunch with Emily. She asks for the lowest fat/calorie menu item, the waitress recommends the salad, she orders a burger -no bread. When the food arrives, she eats the bread (with butter) that Emily ordered.

Honestly that’s the content that keeps me coming back to this show. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 11
3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

It seems like it was same day as her event or close enough that she had to immediately head back to make it.. Emily gets asked if she’s gonna stay in San Diego  and she says no she has to get back for Shannon’s party 

IMG_5473.jpeg

I must have dozed off and missed that!  Thanks.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I shudder to think what a midnight drunk Shannon call entails.

For it to be so bad that Emily considers giving up tacos it must be something. 

I can’t envision giving up free tacos….

Edited by bosawks
  • LOL 13
46 minutes ago, bosawks said:

I shudder to think what a midnight drunk Shannon call entails.

I would also think it's pretty easy to oh, I don't know, just not answer midnight Shannon calls but what do I know?  I guess I'm a bad friend.  And also, rarely up at midnight anymore.

• Like 11
  • LOL 5
8 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

These women have such a problem with food, honest to God. 

I don't disagree in general, but I found the moment with Shannon and the bread to be oddly relatable. I've definitely had the experience of ordering something healthy only to then indulge in something less healthy because someone else ordered it (Your kids' leftover chicken tenders anyone? Just me?? Okay, I'll see myself out...) That look of abject horror in Shannon's eyes when Emily ordered the breadbecause she knew she would splurge! I thought it was a funny moment in an otherwise shitshow of an episode.

6 hours ago, chick binewski said:

I won't go into Emily's personal views seeming to be a direct contradiction to what the Innocence Project fights against

I had the same thought...

• Like 13
2 hours ago, TexasGal said:

I would also think it's pretty easy to oh, I don't know, just not answer midnight Shannon calls but what do I know?  I guess I'm a bad friend.  And also, rarely up at midnight anymore.

Seriously. You call me after 11, it better be an emergency cuz if you're just drunk and want to ramble, that's text time.  Night time calls at my age are for accidents and deaths. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, ladle said:

Well, that was an interesting fourth-wall drop... 

Not sure I have much to say about it except that Shannon truly is her own worst enemy. 

The fourth wall is shattered into pieces at this point.  

I speculated previously that Shannon did not remember her conversations with the cast.  That was certainly confirmed in this episode.  She didn't even seem to remember having gone out with Emily.  She's a mess. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

The whole scene was awkward to me, from the kitten making an appearance to the conversation about being adopted, to the end when she was “threatening” to throw him in the (dirty looking) pool — like, how cliche. Just did not strike me as genuine, like the producers were trying hard to give her a sympathetic edit. 

Kinda fell short of a “warm and fuzzy”. Others’ MMV.

It felt forced.

5 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I'm surprised she wasn't embarrassed hearing she tells multiple people stuff when she's drunk that she doesn't later remember. She's in blackouts so often they've become a way of life. 

Whenever they show that "You'll all know the truth" clip of Shannon I'm struck by how different she looks now. It's hard to tell it's the same person. Even the shape of her face seems to have changed. 

She will insist on the next episode she didn't say Gina could lose her kids because she was arrested for a DUI, but she said it at her party when she didn't appear to be that inebriated. I suspect she also "forgets" what she says when she is not drunk.  

Shannon had a lot of plastic surgery, not only cheek, and lip fillers, and botox: a couple of face lifts, an eyebrow lift- her eyes and eyebrows look different, another nose job. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

I imagine being Shannon's daughter, friend, or partner would be exhausting because you can never be sure which Shannon is going to show up. Cool rocker chick? Holistic earth mother? Sharp business woman? Daffy, klutzy, party girl? Relationship victim in need of support? Angry drunkard lashing out in revenge? We all have different facets to our personalities but (to me) it feels like she's often acting and trying to be more interesting than she really is. Being in a relationship with Shannon would be fraught with tension because she's unpredictable.

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
14 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Shannon to Heather: I have a normal relationship (no, you don't). Shannon said "Heather you are hurting my relationship" because she discussed it with others, and on tv, but the only individuals responsible for the relationship are John, and her. And they are not "rumors", if she discussed details with others herself. 

Shannon told Heather and others that John loves being in the limelight, and it's the main reason he is with her. Huge red flag. More red flags from Shannon's mouth: John's kids don't like me, he doesn't spend enough time with me, there is not enough money. 

John doesn't want Shannon to discuss their relationship because that's what manipulators/gaslighters who want to appear charming in public do, although they are not in real life.

I started thinking (and I didn't want to) that Heather maybe was not so wrong when she thought that Shannon had a psychotic break at Lizzie Rosvek's party. It's the same behavior again, and again (like "I'm out, I didn't sign for this" while leaving during yesterday's episode, and crying about the party to John, and Tamra). 

And not having 3 couples at her party is not "devastating", a word she uses a lot. She even called Tamra and cried hysterically about it...

Shannon has a serious problem if she drinks so much that she has blackouts.

The comment about Gina's children and Children's Protective Services was nasty. 

Enough with Jenn's adoption story in every episode, and the comparison of (her) white, and (her son's) brown skin in this one.

Armchair psychologist here: Psychotic break? Strong term.  But I think she just doesn’t know how to constructively handle conflicts and disagreements. As soon as anyone questions her on anything, she gets defensive and combative. She can’t have calm discussions if her actions are the topic. She strikes me at times as very emotionally immature.

Shannon also flies off the handle at the slightest thing — remember her argument with Meghan when Meghan had the audacity to call her asking for catering advice? The way that escalated was ridiculous and immature. Kelly could get her goat pretty easily, too.

She most likely has no memory of what she’s told people, so yes, that could be a blackout and is a sign of a serious problem. She’s also probably scared of admitting some truths to herself — like how truly healthy her relationship with John is.

(I still laugh at Heather turning to plastic surgeon Terry to make a psychiatric diagnosis. I always saw that as her just being mean.)

• Like 16
9 hours ago, QQQQ said:

I imagine being Shannon's daughter, friend, or partner would be exhausting because you can never be sure which Shannon is going to show up. Cool rocker chick? Holistic earth mother? Sharp business woman? Daffy, klutzy, party girl? Relationship victim in need of support? Angry drunkard lashing out in revenge? We all have different facets to our personalities but (to me) it feels like she's often acting and trying to be more interesting than she really is. Being in a relationship with Shannon would be fraught with tension because she's unpredictable.

Shannon has a tell when she wants to get back in good graces with the others, at whatever event they are at she gets or pretends to get drunk and then does her pratt falls, you know like when she pretends to grab on to someone for balance then falls over or tries something over the top physical, it is always so obvious and awkward.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 3

Boy oh boy what an episode. Talk about great editing. A shot by shot dissection of Shannon's erratic behavior and histrionics over a taco party, interspersed with Lady Dubrow swanning about her luxury LA penthouse which her husband must have never seen before by his surprised utterances and "wows!" at everything Heather pointed out, and then cut to an exonerated woman at the Innocence Project who was imprisoned for 28 years AND was on death row. 28 years AND death row!! Jeebus! Shannon and Heather should feel mortified and ashamed watching this footage set against the exonerated woman's story. They won't, but they should. Heck, I felt ashamed for ever kvetching about anything after that.

• Like 13
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4

I have to admit I am wondering WTH is in Heather's apartment when it is 5300 sq ft and has only two bedrooms? Now of course her closet is the size of a bedroom or two, but really, what takes up the rest of the space? The one bedroom they showed was so small that you would barely be able to walk between the bed and the dresser that was placed along the window. And why would you place a dresser in front of the window and block the view that she keeps bragging about? Also the kitchen was smaller than mine, and I don't consider my kitchen huge by any means.

I almost felt sorry for Heather when she droned on that she is BACK in LA.  Does she really think anyone has noticed or cared that she left? And if anyone were to call her at the last minute for a part (as if), it isn't like she would not be going to rehearsals before filming, so why would it matter if she were in OC or LA? Heather's continual reference to making a comeback almost has me feeling sorry for her. Almost.

As for the rest of the epi? Same old, same old.

• Like 17
  • Applause 3
19 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

what takes up the rest of the space?

Well Lady Dubrow needs a lot of space for her ego and her future Oscar's, Emmy's, People Choice Awards, etc...Seriously tho, 5,000+ feet is a lot space and can only get two bedrooms out of it, what about her four kids, they will come back from college on breaks and whatnot, what then, are they going to draw straws for who gets to sleep on the closet floor?

Roberto Cavalli tables, suede doors, furniture in front of windows, I have to wonder how many condos did she look at (we all know Terry has nothing to do with choices), before she settled on the darkest condo of them all?

What ever happened to her family compound she was going to build in Mexico?

• Like 17

Watched the rest of this, even though I said I couldn’t. 

My main takeaway is that this bullshit with Shannon was very effectively contrasted with the women who were exonerated through the Innocence Project. Somehow, Shannon’s troubles just don’t compare to someone who was on death row for a double murder she did not commit. Emily — 👏👍. Intended or not, the show showed just how shallow most of this stuff is.

Tequila Tammy.  So…is she Tequila Katie’s Mini-Me? 🤮People getting wasted…yawn.

1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Well Lady Dubrow needs a lot of space for her ego and her future Oscar's, Emmy's, People Choice Awards, etc...Seriously tho, 5,000+ feet is a lot space and can only get two bedrooms out of it, what about her four kids, they will come back from college on breaks and whatnot, what then, are they going to draw straws for who gets to sleep on the closet floor?

Roberto Cavalli tables, suede doors, furniture in front of windows, I have to wonder how many condos did she look at (we all know Terry has nothing to do with choices), before she settled on the darkest condo of them all?

I was struck by how she was hanging over Terry’s shoulder as he was signing the escrow papers. “You will sign these, honey, or ELSE.” 

What’s the over/under on how long this penthouse will last? 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

Heather moves to LA to re-start her career just in time for the actors’ strike. Love it! And the whole bullshit about Newport Beach being too far away to take on a last minute role offer; as though she’d need to be on set within an hour for a role she hasn’t read for, hasn’t learned the dialogue for, etc. For the millions Terry spent on the penthouse, she could have just made and starred in her own TV movie. 

Edited by Juneau Gal
  • Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 8/24/2023 at 12:22 PM, bichonblitz said:

Leave it to Tamrat to get a hold of that liquor gun and start squirting everyone at the party Ruining their freshly done hair and clothes. What a child. 

Shannon is mentally unstable and Jon knows exactly how to play her. 

This would be barely tolerable coming from a teenager. But from a 55-year-old? I’d send her my dry cleaning bills. 

• Like 8
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Some condos have guest suites for residents. I am looking forward to seeing more of Heather's condo.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
Just now, oakville said:

Some condos have guest suites for residents. I am looking forward to seeing more of Heather's condo.

Heather on the penthouse — “This seems more like a home.” 🤣Oh, the irony. Show should have replayed her bragging about how great the hotel was. And what’s going to happen to that window with the birds and the nest? If I’m the buyer I’m asking for an allowance to remove it.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Between hearing about Shannon's drunk night phone calls and Heather's 2 bedroom condo (where the closet is larger than my whole condo), I did enjoy hearing about the Innocence Project and whatever it is that Emily is doing, whether it is fundraising or working with them.  In this case she is letting the viewers of RHOC know about this.  The editors did a great job showing the difference in "reel" life and "real" life.  

I want to feel sorry for Shannon, but she needs to realize her drinking is causing so many of her problems. 

• Like 12
On 8/24/2023 at 10:30 PM, ZettaK said:

She will insist on the next episode she didn't say Gina could lose her kids because she was arrested for a DUI

What I thought she meant by that comment was that the cops would be at her door at 8am and if there was no one there to take care of them, CPS would be called to watch the children, not that because of the DUI she would lose her children forever.

From that angle, I didn't think the comment was that terrible, just an if/then scenario. Shannon does need to let it go, Gina can't thank her forever.

I also think that Gina trying to downplay the DUI, like everyone has one is disgusting, she could have killed someone and she is damn lucky she didn't.

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, Arynm said:

What I thought she meant by that comment was that the cops would be at her door at 8am and if there was no one there to take care of them, CPS would be called to watch the children, not that because of the DUI she would lose her children forever.

From that angle, I didn't think the comment was that terrible, just an if/then scenario. Shannon does need to let it go, Gina can't thank her forever.

I also think that Gina trying to downplay the DUI, like everyone has one is disgusting, she could have killed someone and she is damn lucky she didn't.

But cps doesn’t get called to “watch” children.. they take them away.. she knew what she was saying 

• Like 8
On 8/26/2023 at 6:39 PM, Juneau Gal said:

Heather moves to LA to re-start her career just in time for the actors’ strike. Love it! And the whole bullshit about Newport Beach being too far away to take on a last minute role offer; as though she’d need to be on set within an hour for a role she hasn’t read for, hasn’t learned the dialogue for, etc. For the millions Terry spent on the penthouse, she could have just made and starred in her own TV movie. 

Not to mention that a lot of filming is done outside of California - I live in Georgia and we rival California with volume in the film industry.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 8/26/2023 at 6:51 PM, RoseAllDay said:

This would be barely tolerable coming from a teenager. But from a 55-year-old? I’d send her my dry cleaning bills. 

Appreciate your comment on this seemingly minor incident in the mire of this week's episode. Re: The fiesta dinner, and Tamra finding the large liquor squirt gun and spraying it directly into Shannon's face at the dinner table. 

That is so Tamrat. The juvenile hijinks she gets away with - at the expense of another's dignity. "For a 55 year old woman" is right. 

I feel like I have been on the receiving end of something like this demeaning incident somewhere in my adult life. Maybe that's why it triggered me. 

It was a nice evening dinner party with spouses. Not a backyard pool party with the kids. 

Sure, its like so many other similar incidents we've seen from Tamrat thru the years. Even this season, drunken Tamrat in Montana. Falling down and dragging Shannon with her on that stairway landing in their bunkhouse. 

No Tamrat only does this shit with certain other Housewives. Vicki, yes. Shannon, always. Heather ? Never. She does not get slapstick physical with others. Tamrat KNOWS who she can with away in with doing this. Only others who are even more drunk and have weak boundaries. Shannon.

Tamrat needs to do more than pay for Shannon's dry cleaning. 

SHE NEEDS TO BE EQUALLY HUMILIATED.

I await the justice. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:

SHE NEEDS TO BE EQUALLY HUMILIATED.

I await the justice. 

Oh me too. She is a foul, disgusting piece of work. Unfortunately, whenever she is confronted, she runs away. She has perfected that. 
I would love for all the other cast members to just freeze her out; film with her but give her utterly no attention. At the very least stop doing her dirty work for her. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Not to mention that a lot of filming is done outside of California - I live in Georgia and we rival California with volume in the film industry.

But we all know that is a bullshit reason she wanted to buy that condo, her career would have been just fine driving the hour from Orange County as it would be driving from her condo to what ever studio, I think the real reason was she wanted the Cavalli designed apartment, period. That condo was on countdown the second the ink hit the settlement papers, my guess it will be in their name for two years most of which they will not even be there.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

But we all know that is a bullshit reason she wanted to buy that condo, her career would have been just fine driving the hour from Orange County as it would be driving from her condo to what ever studio, I think the real reason was she wanted the Cavalli designed apartment, period. That condo was on countdown the second the ink hit the settlement papers, my guess it will be in their name for two years most of which they will not even be there.

She would have had a car taking her to and from, so she wouldn’t be driving on the I-5 anyway. That’s how she got to the “Hot In Cleveland” studio.

This penthouse is just the latest and greatest thing for Miz Dubrow. She is never satisfied. I call bullshit on that reason they’re moving is “downsizing”. That mausoleum is a mini Hilton, and they would only be “downsizing” if they had 30 kids.

I find the constant conspicuous consumption gross.

10 hours ago, Juneau Gal said:

Oh me too. She is a foul, disgusting piece of work. Unfortunately, whenever she is confronted, she runs away. She has perfected that. 
I would love for all the other cast members to just freeze her out; film with her but give her utterly no attention. At the very least stop doing her dirty work for her. 

The others may have no choice but to film with her at these events. Dunno. But if it were me, she would never be invited to another party of mine again, ever.

She’s just crass and embarrassing. I would not want to be seen with her. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The Cavalli designed apartment that Lady Dubrow wants to “tweak a little.” Most likely to make it colder, starker, and even less welcoming. Bye-bye soft suede doors, your pleasure to touch is just too comforting for Lady’s aesthetic. 
My ongoing question is: where are the two children still at home living? The OC mall was sold. The LA pad has only one guest room. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
21 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

But cps doesn’t get called to “watch” children.. they take them away.. she knew what she was saying 

That's what I meant, I should not have used the word watched. CPS would have come and if no one was there to watch them at the house, they would have taken them into custody until the dad came to get them. That is what would have happened if Shannon hadn't helped her and given her the number of someone who could call the DA and call off the Sheriff.

I still think it wasn't as terrible to say as Gina and Jenn are making it out to be.

Edited by Arynm
  • Like 6
On 8/26/2023 at 7:05 PM, Lisa418722 said:

I want to feel sorry for Shannon, but she needs to realize her drinking is causing so many of her problems. 

I agree with this and I still kinda feel sorry for her. So she drunk dials her friends... I think the part that's bugging me is their desperate need to force in on camera. I mean the first couple of mentions about it were so freaking contrived and absolutely obvious and that's the part that bothers the hell out of me. I feel like Shannons outbursts are more about her feeling betrayed that they are so hell bent on outing her on the show and bringing it up (ambusing her) while the cameras are rolling.

Yeah, yeah its a reality show and that is where my sympathy waivers a bit cause at the end of the day Shannon..... DUH!!!! but I can feel that way about that and STILL feel like she's still kinda in the right to be upset with the ladies. Her aim at Heather, I feel, is completely misguided cause as much as Heather ISN'T my favorite, throughout all the mentions and tittering about Shannon's relationship Heather didn't reveal much at all IN FRONT OF THE CAMERAS. The bomb dropping in the talking heads tells me that those interviews were done after it's all come out in front of the cameras so dropping bombs doesn't matter anymore. The placement in the timeline of those interviews look as if Heather decided to just spill the beans but as careful as she was with how she conversed with the other regarding Shannons relationship suggests that she was willing to stay mum until it made no difference to spill the beans.  

I think Shannon has a valid reason to be distraught though. Even if she is sharing waaaaaaayyy too much with these drunk dials that doesn't mean the ladies should be throwing her relationship under the bus in front of the cameras when they know just how serious all of that is to Shannon. Now I totally understand that it was Shannons mistake to hope that the women would try and be protective of what everyone knows to be a very sensitive subject when it comes to the camera but at the same time no matter how you slice it, it's just not nice to see how SOME of the wives are salivating about trying to get it on air. That's the part that really has me giving some sideye. Regardless how I would feel about Shannons relationship I wouldn't gleefully bring it up in front of the cameras (Tamra) knowing it's pretty detrimental to her relationship. Just because Shannons relationship is shitty doesn't mean it's for any of them to DECIDE that they are gonna help put the last few nails in the coffin. I also don't believe it's out of concern for Shannon and more so for the drama for the cameras. So that also makes it's hella distasteful to me.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
9 minutes ago, Arynm said:

That's what I meant, I should not have used the word watched. CPS would have come and if no one was there to watch them at the house, they would have taken them into custody until the dad came to get them. That is what would have happened if Shannon hadn't helped her and given her the number of someone who could call the DA and call off the Sheriff.

I still think it wasn't as terrible to say as Gina and Jenn are making it out to be.

Yeah i took her to mean that if the Sheriff would have shown up when he was expected to show up it would have been quite possible that CPS may have had to be involved just because of the timing of it. I think the other detail that doesn't resonate is the fact that Matt (their father right?) was still in the midst of his DV charges or whatever so maybe Matt WOULDN'T have been able to grab the kids for legal reasons. I'm just guessing but I feel like that may be why Shannon mentioned CPS. Then again, Gina has parents right? Who may have been able to grab them.  I know from experience that if you don't have somebody immediately ready to snatch those kids up CPS takes custoday. My cousin is a police officer so my sister was hella lucky when she got arrested and her husband was also picked up a few days earlier for something unrelated (they were both having issues with the marriage and both were acting out stupidly) cause my cousin was able to grab her kids and then gave me a call (I was about 23, single gal, lived in the Bronx alone, my sister lived in Long Island) and pretty much said "Hey cuz imma need to drop these kids off with you or the States getting them". There was no, let me see if I can, wait hold on, let's see if we can reach another relative.... nope. My cousin was like, "it's lucky I'm with the force cause that was the only way I was able to intervene and delay CPS from taking them". If you don't have someone on speed dial to grab them kids they are leaving the home at the same time you're getting cuffed and hauled to jail.

With that said, Shannon needs to stop speaking on that particular experience of Ginas all together. It's not cool to keep REMINDING people of that as retaliation over a crink in your friendship. That subject matter is closed and it's really unfair for Shannon to keep using that whenever she's unhappy with Gina.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2

I believe Gina's parents are still living on Long Island.

I'm left wondering if Shannon doesn't have real friends she can confide in. Even Jeff Lewis is better than calling Tamrat or Emily at 2am. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
On 8/24/2023 at 8:16 PM, ladle said:

I've been watching this show since its inception, during which time there's been a lot of morally ambiguous content, so maybe I should be numb to it by now. But something about watching Jenn grill her kid about his birth mother really felt icky and didn't sit right with me. 

The producers must have told her to discuss this with the kid, because this was definitely an off camera conversation (to me anyway). 
I like Jenn though to have her relationship be this whole seasons storyline and thinking that Tamra was her friend (she clearly ain’t) must have been shocking to her, plus she fosters kittens she seems nice 🙂 If it wasn’t for her relationship would bravo even be interested in her?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Full disclosure, I've always liked Shannon, and I've seen too many times when she was the target of bullying behavior at the hands of the other women--it was so awful I almost could not watch. [Thinking especially of that last season with Heather.]

I do think it's unrealistic for her to expect that her relationship won't be discussed on the show.

But I've seen enough mean girl behavior directed at her by Heather, Gina, and Emily that I was not entirely convinced Shannon really does call them late night and drunk to divulge her relationship issues. Maybe she does, but I don't believe it just because they say she does.

I'm sure I said the same thing several seasons ago, but I don't think this show is a great fit for someone as sensitive to the drama as she seems to be. Unfortunately, I think she needs the money, so I think she wants to stay on the show and fears being let go--but these regular statements about not wanting to continue or not wanting to talking about major aspects of her life make it less likely she will be asked back.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I think I may get this. Shannon doesn't want to talk on camera about her relationship. But she has problems and shares with others. The whole point of the show is to be vulnerable, so they are calling her out. I know Tamra particularly hates that- which is probably why she brought it up. 

Jenn seems super fake. She is so guarded, which I think is why she talks in that sing-song voice trying to seem like some missionary doing God's work.  The Ryan that she is dating talks in that same way. I'm not sure if Jenn will last another season, because a range of emotion is important for this show. It's not a pageant. 

Shannon always asks what low-fat low calorie is on the menu, but then ignores what they say. She has been doing this since the beginning on her dates with David. It's her schtick. I think it's funny. 

Heather did something to screw over Shannon. Heather really has never liked Shannon (and vice versa). 

• Like 8
18 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I'm left wondering if Shannon doesn't have real friends she can confide in. Even Jeff Lewis is better than calling Tamrat or Emily at 2am. 

Was kind of thinking the same thing.

Surely, Shannon has other non-show friends in which to vent her troubles.  So why does she confide in her cast mates? There's enough evidence thru the years on the show, that cast mates will out her secrets.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Like 6
On 8/28/2023 at 4:54 PM, Yours Truly said:

Yeah i took her to mean that if the Sheriff would have shown up when he was expected to show up it would have been quite possible that CPS may have had to be involved just because of the timing of it. I think the other detail that doesn't resonate is the fact that Matt (their father right?) was still in the midst of his DV charges or whatever so maybe Matt WOULDN'T have been able to grab the kids for legal reasons. I'm just guessing but I feel like that may be why Shannon mentioned CPS. Then again, Gina has parents right? Who may have been able to grab them.  I know from experience that if you don't have somebody immediately ready to snatch those kids up CPS takes custoday. My cousin is a police officer so my sister was hella lucky when she got arrested and her husband was also picked up a few days earlier for something unrelated (they were both having issues with the marriage and both were acting out stupidly) cause my cousin was able to grab her kids and then gave me a call (I was about 23, single gal, lived in the Bronx alone, my sister lived in Long Island) and pretty much said "Hey cuz imma need to drop these kids off with you or the States getting them". There was no, let me see if I can, wait hold on, let's see if we can reach another relative.... nope. My cousin was like, "it's lucky I'm with the force cause that was the only way I was able to intervene and delay CPS from taking them". If you don't have someone on speed dial to grab them kids they are leaving the home at the same time you're getting cuffed and hauled to jail.

With that said, Shannon needs to stop speaking on that particular experience of Ginas all together. It's not cool to keep REMINDING people of that as retaliation over a crink in your friendship. That subject matter is closed and it's really unfair for Shannon to keep using that whenever she's unhappy with Gina.  

This varies by state, probably, but CPS would most likely do everything it could to place these kids with an adult relative. The only reason I could see them taking absolute custody would be if the kids were in imminent physical danger or their living situation was uninhabitable. If Gina’s parents were on the East Coast, the kids probably would have been in an emergency foster care situation until the grandparents came.

For Shannon to even bring that up was just a dick move, IMO. Nothing hits a parent harder than the threat to take their kids, or the authorities taking a kid. I have actually seen this happen, and it is terrible.

• Like 6
On 8/28/2023 at 1:55 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Tammy is trying very hard to make Shannon pay for cutting her out once Tammy lost her orange.  She is the only one constantly bringing up John.  Shannon is just too drunk to notice.  I am not sure she is ever totally sober.  Her only good friend is whoever is drinking with her at the moment.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Tammy is trying very hard to make Shannon pay for cutting her out once Tammy lost her orange.  She is the only one constantly bringing up John.  Shannon is just too drunk to notice.  I am not sure she is ever totally sober.  Her only good friend is whoever is drinking with her at the moment.  

I think Tamara also really, really needs the paycheck from the show. She’s going to do anything to stay on.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
On 8/30/2023 at 1:10 PM, Natalie68 said:

My thought about Shannon cutting Tamra loose after she lost her orange, I think if this was real life, no show involved Shannon would have lost interest in Tamra due to her being a coarse, crude, low class human, nobody wants to be around someone who throws food ruining hair, make up, clothes, etc...

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
17 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

I think Tamara also really, really needs the paycheck from the show. She’s going to do anything to stay on.

Tamra has a very successful podcast for years (since 2019), and an also successful CBD business for many years (first shown on the show around 2017)- the products are sold at Sally Beauty, on top of a website. It might nice to be on the OC HWs again, but I doubt she really needs the money. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 8/24/2023 at 4:56 PM, Chatty Cake said:

The kid seems sweet but she is so gross! Asking him if he would like to meet his birth mom someday ON CAMERA FOR REAL HOUSEWIVES is absolutely disgusting. Though it’s nice that she and her husband adopted him, she also broke up the family to go be with that muscled asshole. Then she kept mentioning his brown skin as if to remind viewers that she adopted a child of color.  She can quit the sweet act, we see you asshole.

We have two fame whores between John who is with Shannon mostly because he likes the fame (for himself) according to what Shannon said, and Jen who would like her adopted son to meet his birth mother on camera on the OC HWs.

• Like 1