Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E11: It's My Fiesta and I'll Cry If I Want To

• Start Topic

On 8/13/2023 at 4:37 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

I wonder why they are skipping a week

I think they’ve always taken a week off halfway through the season. I’m not questioning why; I’m just enjoying the break. 😊

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

Serious question: If your SO were involved with a pack of people like these scheming women, would YOU want to stick around?

EDIT: I’m done with this. It’s very clear that Shannon has a problem, be it alcohol or another issue. I don’t think she remembers what she tells others, then flies off the handle when she’s confonted with what she’s said. This is just too uncomfortable for me to watch, because I feel we’re close to watching another sad, troubled person being used by Bravo for entertainment, with her apparent drunk dialing  and blackouts.

I can see nobody but production showing up to this fiesta.

Congrats, Heather, on yet another ostentatious property. 👍Jenn and her son…that came off as a performance rather than a nice moment between mother and child.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Like 15
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

This is just too uncomfortable for me to watch, because I feel we’re close to watching another sad, troubled person being used by Bravo for entertainment, with her apparent drunk dialing  and blackouts.

Isn’t that exactly what Shannon was doing at the end of her marriage to David?

I remember thinking how odd it was that Shannon never knew how shallow John’s frig door shelving was.  They’ve been together a while and you would think she would have been familiar by now.  Hearing tonight that she never sleeps over and isn’t there that often is strange To say the least.

• Like 11
  • Love 1

Shoot, too slow! I was just about to make the same point about a DUI (like Gina's situation) not leading to kids being removed from the family home by CPS. Shannon is evil.

• Like 4
58 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

EDIT: I’m done with this. It’s very clear that Shannon has a problem, be it alcohol or another issue. I don’t think she remembers what she tells others, then flies off the handle when she’s confonted with what she’s said. This is just too uncomfortable for me to watch, because I feel we’re close to watching another sad, troubled person being used by Bravo for entertainment, with her apparent drunk dialing  and blackouts.

I can see nobody but production showing up to this fiesta.

Congrats, Heather, on yet another ostentatious property. 👍Jenn and her son…that came off as a performance rather than a nice moment between mother and child.

I still find the way Emily & Gina went after Shannon last year really messed up. But damn this episode was tough. Don't think I'm a fan of a staged reality TV intervention - which is what this seems like.

• Like 10
11 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Drink every time Heather says "escrow"

Now I’m too drunk to form a coherent sentence.  
Did anyone else notice that when the food was being delivered to Shannon and Emily at the restaurant they got a couple shots of Emily’s ass crack?  Seems like maybe someone should have edited that out.

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
28 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

Isn’t that exactly what Shannon was doing at the end of her marriage to David?

I remember thinking how odd it was that Shannon never knew how shallow John’s frig door shelving was.  They’ve been together a while and you would think she would have been familiar by now.  Hearing tonight that she never sleeps over and isn’t there that often is strange To say the least.

To me she seems worse this time around. 

9 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

I still find the way Emily & Gina went after Shannon last year really messed up. But damn this episode was tough. Don't think I'm a fan of a staged reality TV intervention - which is what this seems like.

I’m thinking that Shannon truly cannot remember what she tells people, and that realization when sober can be damn scary, hence the temper and yelling. I stopped watching after her fight with Emily, so I may be off base here.

• Like 11
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Axie said:

Now I’m too drunk to form a coherent sentence.  
Did anyone else notice that when the food was being delivered to Shannon and Emily at the restaurant they got a couple shots of Emily’s ass crack?  Seems like maybe someone should have edited that out.

I think she was wearing a cropped top/jacket and we were seeing her lower back. 

• Like 5
  • Wink 1
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Wait is she saying she never said CPS would take her kids? Did she black out and forget cameras were there? 

That's my problem with Shannon these days.  She said all that crap ON CAMERA.  I think it's the tequila. Or vodka. Or whatever it is she's drinking.

She needs to quit drinking and start with the edibles.  At least she'll be able to remember what she says while the cameras are around. Her liver will thank her!

• Like 16
  • Love 1

As a long time Shannon fan, it pains me to type this, but it’s true: Shannon calling Heather manipulative is Shannon describing herself. I’m over Shannon manipulating everyone with her perpetual victimhood. I suspect the producers are over this too. Examples: they highlighted the difference between the exoneration program with the housewives (most of them but notably not Shannon) describing how humbled they are by what the exonerees have gone through. They describe how it puts perspective onto things in their own lives when they think they are having a hard time…..cut to Shannon freaking out about people talking about her “behind my back” and crying over people not attending her party. 

Second example of how the producers are feeling about Shannon: the duh duh duh villain music they played as Shannon was arriving to have lunch with Emily 😆

• Like 22
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, snarts said:

This was tough to watch. I have experience with a close friend who behaves like Shannon, calls drunk crying, has no memory of it the next day. Calls multiple people each time.Tells the same story 3x in a twenty minute convo. Alcohol is a bitch and you can have a serious problem and still be gainfully  employed/functioning. Yet you're killing your health, memory & close relationships. 

I want to root for Shannon but she's a perpetual victim & it's exhausting watching her blame everyone else while repeating the same patterns. 

Plus, she needs to stop with the whole "Gina is indebted to me for life" because she connected her with a different attorney. The CPS comment was entirely over the line, 1000x worse than what she's accusing Heather of doing.

Finally, huge respect for Emily and her work with the Innocence Project, but that dress was absolutely hideous. 

Absolutely. That group does good, important work. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Shannon’s more worried about all of the women repeating what she tells them about John, than she is about the things John does that she talks about! Red flags all over the place on this relationship. 

She needs to sober up because I feel like she’s staying with him because he has drunken antics dirt on her. So, she’s using that to rationalize away John’s behavior.  Sober & Single should be Shannon’s goal for a long while. Figure out who she really is, what she really wants, and get her confidence back separate from a man. 

• Like 17
  • Love 4

I had to laugh at Shannon during her lunch with Emily. She asks for the lowest fat/calorie menu item, the waitress recommends the salad, she orders a burger -no bread. When the food arrives, she eats the bread (with butter) that Emily ordered.

• Like 6
  • LOL 16

Emily you had NO reason to apologize to Shannon at the lunch ... this is why she keeps doing this shit cause you guys just sweep everything under the rug with her .... I was all about Em till she basically backtracked everything she told her /... you are a messy drunk who calls people and talks about personal shit then the next day forgets and pretends it didn't happen ,, YOU have a problem .. STOP drinking or stop playing the victim when its YOU that is telling your business

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I had to laugh at Shannon during her lunch with Emily. She asks for the lowest fat/calorie menu item, the waitress recommends the salad, she orders a burger -no bread. When the food arrives, she eats the bread (with butter) that Emily ordered.

These women have such a problem with food, honest to God. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

I was busy, but also decided not to watch because Tamra is her same old evil self and I cannot take her.  Reading these comments, I think watching Shannon would be too painful and disturbing, too. Feel bad for her; hope she gets help.  

• Like 10

I could have sworn Emily told Andy last year that her work with the California Innocence Project was fundraising, not legal work.   Maybe that changed?  I can see her being very good at the fundraising, she used to do event planning right?  Plus she has a high profile to draw attention to the cause.  

That's not to take away from whatever she's doing with the organization, fundraising is critical; and she does have a law degree, although I don't know if it's criminal law.

As hideous as Emily's dress was, I thought Gina looked amazing in her pink cutout. 

• Like 6
26 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

That's not to take away from whatever she's doing with the organization, fundraising is critical; and she does have a law degree, although I don't know if it's criminal law.

Slightly o/t: Law degrees are not typically specialized, although sometimes people will get LLMs to specialize (usually tax law, IP.). She can absolutely practice criminal law, even though if memory serves, she used to do mostly family law.

• Like 5
  • Useful 5
13 hours ago, snarts said:

Plus, she needs to stop with the whole "Gina is indebted to me for life" because she connected her with a different attorney. The CPS comment was entirely over the line, 1000x worse than what she's accusing Heather of doing.

Agreed.  But I did roll my eyes and laugh at Gina's comment about if CPS took your kids for a DUI then "all the children in Orange County would be locked up".  Sorry Gina, but most people and certainly not all parents, have DUIs.  Even in Orange County, lol.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
One typo can change the whole meaning
  • Like 12
  • Applause 2

Side thought .. Tamra is getting back at Heather AND Shannon all in one fell swoop ... Heather by getting Shannon to attack and blame her for her relationship being talked about and Shannon by getting her to act erratic and self destruct her own relationship ON the show.. its kinda brilliant when you think about it ....  

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
14 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

To me she seems worse this time around. 

I’m thinking that Shannon truly cannot remember what she tells people, and that realization when sober can be damn scary, hence the temper and yelling. I stopped watching after her fight with Emily, so I may be off base here.

I do not think you are off base. At all. 

I can understand why so many viewers at minimum find Shannon a frustrating watch. But the juxtaposition of glowing close-ups of Emily & Gina while Shannon was showing legit troubling behavior seemed...dishonest. I won't go into Emily's personal views seeming to be a direct contradiction to what the Innocence Project fights against; I'll just say the editing seemed to want to punish Shannon for not understanding how much help she needs.

I actually felt Heather was the only one this episode who was expressing defense of herself and vexation with Shannon honestly. Then she & Terry started spending money like they were Mauricio Umansky on a European vacation and I was done with her, too.

ETA as an adoptee I loved the conversation with Jen & Dominic.

6 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Side thought .. Tamra is getting back at Heather AND Shannon all in one fell swoop ... Heather by getting Shannon to attack and blame her for her relationship being talked about and Shannon by getting her to act erratic and self destruct her own relationship ON the show.. its kinda brilliant when you think about it ....  

THIS. Tamra was practically salivating at the glorious results of her misdeeds during the dinner.

Edited by chick binewski
  • Like 12

Leave it to Tamrat to get a hold of that liquor gun and start squirting everyone at the party Ruining their freshly done hair and clothes. What a child. 

Shannon is mentally unstable and Jon knows exactly how to play her. 

• Like 13
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

THIS. Tamra was practically salivating at the glorious results of her misdeeds during the dinner.

It's her RH superpower and most likely why Andy brought her back; he loves to see women fighting.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

I do not think you are off base. At all. 

I can understand why so many viewers at minimum find Shannon a frustrating watch. But the juxtaposition of glowing close-ups of Emily & Gina while Shannon was showing legit troubling behavior seemed...dishonest. I won't go into Emily's personal views seeming to be a direct contradiction to what the Innocence Project fights against; I'll just say the editing seemed to want to punish Shannon for not understanding how much help she needs.

I actually felt Heather was the only one this episode who was expressing defense of herself and vexation with Shannon honestly. Then she & Terry started spending money like they were Mauricio Umansky on a European vacation and I was done with her, too.

ETA as an adoptee I loved the conversation with Jen & Dominic.

Emily got pretty hot there, too…almost broke her phone trying to end the call. What was even more sad was that Shannon lost another friend for the fiesta. She has no idea how she drives people away.

These conversations start off calmly, but then Shannon goes off into outer space. There’s really no point in trying to talk to her until some things change. And that makes your heart happy, huh Tamra?

• Like 7
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, SnarkAttack said:

Was the Innocence Project fundraiser the same night as Shannon's party? They sure made it seem so if not.  I'm confused.

I think it must have been the day before or even a couple days before because Emily planned on going to Shannon's party.  The woman also attending the gala that she went shopping with asked her if she was staying in San Diego after the event and Emily told her no because she had to get back for Shannon's party.  

Good grief Shannon:  Months to plan a catered taco night for a dozen people?    Then six people not showing up is your "worst case scenario". 🙄  Shannon showcasing the shallowness of the RHs at it's finest.   Wonder where The Vickster was?   I'm sure she would jump at a last minute invite.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Like 8
  • LOL 3
35 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

I think it must have been the day before or even a couple days before because Emily planned on going to Shannon's party.  The woman also attending the gala that she went shopping with asked her if she was staying in San Diego after the event and Emily told her no because she had to get back for Shannon's party.  

Good grief Shannon:  Months to plan a catered taco night for a dozen people?    Then six people not showing up is your "worst case scenario". 🙄  Shannon showcasing the shallowness of the RHs at it's finest.   Wonder where The Vickster was?   I'm sure she would jump at a last minute invite.  

Yeah, I was going to say that it must have been editing that made it look like it was the same night because surely Emily was planning to attend both and one was in San Diego soooo....unless she had a helicopter at her disposal, not really feasible.

The editors were SHAD-EEE with the cutting between Emily talking about Innocence Project issues and Shannon talking about how TERRIBLE it was that people were missing her party, how could she possibly go on.  LOL!!!  You need some perspective Shannon.

• Like 10

It seems like it was same day as her event or close enough that she had to immediately head back to make it.. Emily gets asked if she’s gonna stay in San Diego  and she says no she has to get back for Shannon’s party 

IMG_5473.jpeg

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 2

I've been watching this show since its inception, during which time there's been a lot of morally ambiguous content, so maybe I should be numb to it by now. But something about watching Jenn grill her kid about his birth mother really felt icky and didn't sit right with me. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Leave it to Tamrat to get a hold of that liquor gun and start squirting everyone at the party Ruining their freshly done hair and clothes. What a child. 

Shannon is mentally unstable and Jon knows exactly how to play her. 

Tamra needs to be the center  of attention,  it's usually something stupid,  but she doesn't  care. Shannon  has been unstable  for awhile, I think her ex messed up her mind even more. Jon, he's one person  on the show, another  in person. Shannon  needs to stop drinking,  especially  if she's  on medication. I wish I could feel sorry for Gina, I feel nothing. 

I like Emily, and I quite like Jen, I think  Jen has a good heart, anyone  that loves or fosters animals,  can't be all bad in my books.🐾🐾

• Like 11
  • Applause 1

I can see the worry over a lot of the cast not coming to your party since that means less camera time which is the panic of any Housewife. If the others won't hang with you, you risk getting cut. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
5 minutes ago, dancingdreamer said:

Tamra needs to be the center  of attention,  it's usually something stupid,  but she doesn't  care. 

She's the epitome of frenemy. Soon as she got that gun, I knew she'd squirt Shannon in the face. Love her acting like she was sorry, and then, if course, throwing it away so no one else could get her. She's the worst.

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
18 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

So instead of Shannon owning that she is the one that went lady to lady telling her relationship secrets she’s just gonna continue to blame Heather and try to call her a liar? Shannon you TOLD them all these things it’s not rumor when it comes from your own mouth 

I’m reaching my bullshit point with Shannon this season 

The worst part of all of this is that Tamra, the woman who brought allllll of this Shannon/John stuff in front of the camera, seems like she's about to escape yet again with her hands clean.

Animated GIF

14 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

As a long time Shannon fan, it pains me to type this, but it’s true: Shannon calling Heather manipulative is Shannon describing herself. I’m over Shannon manipulating everyone with her perpetual victimhood. I suspect the producers are over this too. Examples: they highlighted the difference between the exoneration program with the housewives (most of them but notably not Shannon) describing how humbled they are by what the exonerees have gone through. They describe how it puts perspective onto things in their own lives when they think they are having a hard time…..cut to Shannon freaking out about people talking about her “behind my back” and crying over people not attending her party. 

Second example of how the producers are feeling about Shannon: the duh duh duh villain music they played as Shannon was arriving to have lunch with Emily 😆

Plus the airing of Shannon saying, "John's kid hates me but this can't be on TV." 

Ice cold, producers, ice cold. (And I don't blame them!) 

• Like 16
26 minutes ago, ladle said:

I've been watching this show since its inception, during which time there's been a lot of morally ambiguous content, so maybe I should be numb to it by now. But something about watching Jenn grill her kid about his birth mother really felt icky and didn't sit right with me. 

The whole scene was awkward to me, from the kitten making an appearance to the conversation about being adopted, to the end when she was “threatening” to throw him in the (dirty looking) pool — like, how cliche. Just did not strike me as genuine, like the producers were trying hard to give her a sympathetic edit. 

Kinda fell short of a “warm and fuzzy”. Others’ MMV.

• Like 9

The Dubrags new apartment has an amazing view! All of LA can look up to thier goddess with respect and envy. Attention casting peeps...Cruella Dubrag is only a phone call (and a limo ride) away!

The gymrats attention moment distracted from Eddie's passive-aggressive, but telling joke about John screwing someone else. Now that cut closed, he's gotta stir that shit with the Tamster to pay them bills.

First Em lost her shit, then she lost her vision choosing that mauve trash bag dress, finally she lost her nerve and begged to live in the gaslit version of Shannon and her life. I very much appreciate her charity work...and sincerely hope there isn't a makeover the wrongly convicted episode.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

Shannon to Heather: I have a normal relationship (no, you don't). Shannon said "Heather you are hurting my relationship" because she discussed it with others, and on tv, but the only individuals responsible for the relationship are John, and her. And they are not "rumors", if she discussed details with others herself. 

Shannon told Heather and others that John loves being in the limelight, and it's the main reason he is with her. Huge red flag. More red flags from Shannon's mouth: John's kids don't like me, he doesn't spend enough time with me, there is not enough money. 

John doesn't want Shannon to discuss their relationship because that's what manipulators/gaslighters who want to appear charming in public do, although they are not in real life.

I started thinking (and I didn't want to) that Heather maybe was not so wrong when she thought that Shannon had a psychotic break at Lizzie Rosvek's party. It's the same behavior again, and again (like "I'm out, I didn't sign for this" while leaving during yesterday's episode, and crying about the party to John, and Tamra). 

And not having 3 couples at her party is not "devastating", a word she uses a lot. She even called Tamra and cried hysterically about it...

Shannon has a serious problem if she drinks so much that she has blackouts.

The comment about Gina's children and Children's Protective Services was nasty. 

Enough with Jenn's adoption story in every episode, and the comparison of (her) white, and (her son's) brown skin in this one.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 8
  • Applause 3