Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E02: HOH #1, Nominations #1

Message added by Dustbunny,

Please Remember:  NO LIVE FEEDS TALK IN THE EPISODE THREADS.

• Start Topic

So this has become the Cirie show.  Watched all seasons of Survivor, was never a big fan of hers. Already starting to get checked out of this. So she doesn’t have to compete on the first comp, doesn’t face nomination.  Are tptb telling the hamsters to confess and make her their sounding board?

very disappointed.

• Like 19
  • Applause 1

What a seriously boring season this is going to be. The cast is so basic and boring. The only one with interesting energy is Blue. Who else is even interesting? 

And CBS expects an audience to stay with this for 100 days? I think after this season it is time to retire this show. It has passed it's expiration date.

• Like 1

Oh ok I thought I would be the only one who was bored.

Sure am glad no one hurt their foot in that beam challenge!

Jared needs to try to not cover his hair because when he does, the resemblance between him and Cirie is undeniable.

Edited by mojoween
  • Like 6

I normally fast forward through just the challenges but found myself doing the same to some conversations tonight. Cirie is incandescent, though. I agree that a lot of the cast are either irritating or boring.

• Like 1

NETHER REGIONS MEANS GENITALS!!

Nether world people, world! 😂

Saying you got pulled into the nether regions is a whole different type of show! (But one that may be more interesting to watch than this one.)

• Like 4
  • LOL 11
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Cirie's face when finding out that Izzy knows is instant regret, as in "well, I have no choice but to bring her in to this alliance."

Personally I’d guess Cirie is already trying to figure out how to burn Izzy out of this game ASAP without Izzy thinking it’s coming from Cirie OR Jared.

Edited by Nashville
Expansion
  • Like 11

I think production has overcompensated for having screwed up casting the last several years of bringing in "personalities" who turned out to be racist trash people, to now going for boring and safe.

Buck up, people.  It is early days yet--plenty of time for for the polite to wear off and inner awful beings to shine through!

Maybe there will be twists!  More stunt-casting!  Is someone a twin?  Expect the unexpected!

14 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

So this has become the Cirie show.

They tried to feature some of the other hamsters but yeah, this is the problem with bringing back a "star." The whole show feels lopsided in favor of Cirie coverage. 

I actually like Cirie, but I don't want her here. We have sixteen total strangers, and then we have Cirie, the reality show fan favorite. It doesn't feel fair. Everyone already knows who she is, a lot of them are star struck, the show feels like the fans will want to see a lot of her so she's more heavily featured than the others, and given an advantage right out of the gate to insure she's not voted out week one. Given past history I'm confident there will be plenty of twists and advantages thrown in to insure she lasts as long as possible. The show is clearly invested in keeping her around because they think the fans watching will want that.

The only time reality shows should bring back returning players, or other reality show "stars" is if the entire cast is made up of past players, like an All-Stars. That's the only way it's a level playing field. This is not that.

• Like 16
  • Applause 6
5 hours ago, MsMalin said:

OK ok, enough of Cirie already. There are probably viewers who don't watch Survivor and really don't care.

That would be yours truly!  Not looking forward to watching the kiss-upa-thon of this woman all season, yet here we are.  And Jared is a bit cocky for my taste.

The only ones I like so far are America, Mecole and maybe Jag….the rest I’m ambivalent about.

Wanted to like Izzy but she’s too much, how Jared didn’t yell at her to STFU when she fangirled about him and his mother, I don’t know.

Hisam reminds me of Freddie Miles (RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman!) from The Talented Mr. Ripley with that condescending and annoying af laugh. 

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • Like 2
17 hours ago, mojoween said:

Jared needs to try to not cover his hair because when he does, the resemblance between him and Cirie is undeniable.

He should start growing a beard while he's in the house.  covering the lower part of his face may help avoid the comparisons, if anyone else gets suspicious.  He'd better  hope his face isn't anywhere near Cirie's when they finally put up the portrait wall.  

15 hours ago, Nashville said:

Personally I’d guess Cirie is already trying to figure out how to burn Izzy out of this game ASAP without Izzy thinking it’s coming from Cirie OR Jared.

yeah, she's going to figure out someway for someone else to put her on the block and tell Izzy that she can't convince enough people to vote to keep her.  but Cirie will wait a while for this if Izzy presents undying loyalty to Cirie and Jared.  

• Like 1

I love these early episodes of BB because of all the new people and seeing how they interact with each other.  There are always those who play too hard too early and people who shoot themselves in the foot without realizing it.  Lots of fun!

I'm sorry to see people flocking to Cirie so far, even going so far as to asking her for advice.  Bad move, guys.  They should all be conspiring to evict her ASAP!

In past years, they would start the BB season with a "BB Week" consisting of the premier episode (usually kind of a yawner) followed by 1 or even 2 more episodes in the following nights.  This year, we got a Wednesday premier and then nothing until Sunday night.  I hope that doesn't lose us some new viewers!

• Like 4
4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

They tried to feature some of the other hamsters but yeah, this is the problem with bringing back a "star." The whole show feels lopsided in favor of Cirie coverage. 

I actually like Cirie, but I don't want her here. We have sixteen total strangers, and then we have Cirie, the reality show fan favorite. It doesn't feel fair. Everyone already knows who she is, a lot of them are star struck, the show feels like the fans will want to see a lot of her so she's more heavily featured than the others, and given an advantage right out of the gate to insure she's not voted out week one. Given past history I'm confident there will be plenty of twists and advantages thrown in to insure she lasts as long as possible. The show is clearly invested in keeping her around because they think the fans watching will want that.

The only time reality shows should bring back returning players, or other reality show "stars" is if the entire cast is made up of past players, like an All-Stars. That's the only way it's a level playing field. This is not that.

Echo everything here.  The last thing we need is TPTB trying to turn Cirie into Paul v2.0 .

(And yeah Production we see exactly what you’re doing here, so stop even pretending it’s anything approaching original.  That sniff test done failed.)

• Like 4

How much of that hour was devoted to Cirie and Jared? 

I feel offended and annoyed, on behalf of the other 15 hamsters, that one of their numbers has his freaking MOTHER right there in the house--using all her celebrity, on top of all the advantages the show can possibly bestow on her--to make sure her son is safe and protected.

It took all the way up to Episode 2 before Cirie influenced the other players to help Jared's game.

If each of those four players initially had a 25% chance of getting voted out, how did those odds shift once the Reality Show Goddess went to work versus each of the four of them advocating on his/her own?

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, Hanahope said:

Cirie will wait a while for this if Izzy presents undying loyalty to Cirie and Jared.  

I expect at this point in time Cirie is enough of a reality show pro to know Izzy reserves their undying loyalty to Izzy, and Izzy alone.

• Like 1

Never cared much for Cirie on Survivor; she was really  just a marginal player, at best.   Anyway - back to BB.  I do like the mix of contestants;  folks from many different walks of life.  I wonder how much they are missing their cell phones? 

• LOL 2
20 minutes ago, wilful said:

I do like the mix of contestants;  folks from many different walks of life.  I wonder how much they are missing their cell phones? 

For most of the younger ones, this is probably the longest they’ve been without a phone since they first got one.  😂

Edited by Nashville
Too wordy
  • Like 2

Did you know....Corey went to the Netherregion?

No? He only mentioned it 750.000 times to match the grand prize.

Kirsten is getting Taylor-ed probably successfully this time. And it's not fair. She hasn't done anything wrong.  Since when is building an alliance a crime... it's part of BB DNA? Very lame. And for optics alone, I would have thought the white guy would be let on the block.

Co-sign anyone who believes the Scrambleverse is Grodner's ace in the hole to save or get rid of whoever she pleases. I can see it now "The Scrambleverse had just activated________________your immunity is no longer valid!"

One last bit about the alternate universe headlines. The one headline I wanted to see was one announcing a Season 1 contestant actually took the suitcase full of money the producers used and failed to temp someone to leave the house so they could put in a fresh contestant to shake up the snooze fest.

Only two episodes in but it sure looks like they are setting this season up to be the Cirie Show with everyone else in supporting roles.

I need me some crazy off the wall Ride or Die that you would never see coming like maybe the other AA young woman (not Kirsten) and Red. Or maybe Blue and the Spacecowboy. Such odd combos would put some fun into the next 100 days

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Boring episode, setting up to likely be an entire boring season...

I agree, too much Cirie!  It's one thing to put her in the house.  It's another thing to shove her down the viewers' throats via 3/4 of the talking head segments.  Good grief, there are 16 other people in the game.  Some of them we have barely met yet!

Thought it was strange that Reilly didn't at least pretend to stick with her first alliance (Phalanx 5 ?!?!?), by keeping someone besides Kirsten (an alliance mate) on the block.  I realize that others in the house got in her ear about Kirsten playing too hard (blah, blah, blah), but an alliance is an alliance.  She just proved to the others that she didn't take the alliance seriously and she can't be trusted.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, springbarb said:

I do love that Izzy immediately clocked Jared as Cirie's son, if only because you know BB production was watching and cursing.

I'm wondering if Izzy wasn't nudged by pre-production in a direction to make it likely she'd recognize the Cirie-Jared connection.  It really ups the intrigue to have a third, unrelated party in on the secret.

But to your point, wouldn't it have been great if Izzy had run in, seen Cirie and said, "Hey Jared!  YOUR MOM'S HERE!!  How cool is that?"

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
6 hours ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

Cirie must suck at her medical job to get so much time off to visit AttentionWhore Land.

A fucking babushka? 

"Clown Show, party of 17? Clown Show, party of 17 . . ."

I wonder if Cirie quit her job?

I think American said on the most recent episode that she quit her job. 

On 8/7/2023 at 3:54 PM, candall said:

It took all the way up to Episode 2 before Cirie influenced the other players to help Jared's game.

And she wasn’t even in episode one, except for the very last minute. So basically this was her first episode.  Ridiculous. I liked her enough on survivor but this feels so wrong 

• Like 5