Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E07: Fashion, Inside Out

• Start Topic

I'm not a big Korto fan this season, and actually do like Fabio.  So, I was disappointed to see the judges make the choice they did.  Of course, Korto piped up with, "It's my first time in the bottom," as soon as she could. 🫤 Also, after Sergio's speech about her and Kara Saun, it was pretty impossible to send her home.  I don't agree that Fabio should have been in the bottom last week.  His look was well done, and I wouldn't call all that under boob cleavage boring.  Oh, well, I wish the best for Fabio and look forward to seeing more designs from him in the future.

• Like 6

I passionately hated Praijie's top, it looked so cheap and out of place, he shouldn't have been in the top.  Even though Fabio made that terrible decision to hide his shorts, I still thought his look was better than Korto's; she couldn't rip off a piece of fabric from hers to have a successful look.  Laurence's mauve suit was also incredibly dull and didn't fit the challenge at all; so I don't see why Fabio had to go, I'll miss him. Kara Saun absolutely deserved the win her look was flawless, while Raimi's top was uninspired.

• Like 5

I hated Laurance's outfit, had nothing to do with the challenge.  Looked to me like a suit and a cumberbund with no shirt? Am I missing something? Don't care how well she can sew if she can't meet the challenge.  Hers was worse than Korto's in my opinion.  Feel like Fabio was bullied, he'd be on the bottom no matter what.

• Like 9
10 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Just weighing in on the "Siriano Save."  I remember him commenting on "no immunity this season."  Then a designer asked him if there would be a "Siriano Save" and he replied, "absolutely!"  or something else very affirming.

Yeah I think I missed that so I take back what I said. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, jabRI said:

I hated Laurance's outfit, had nothing to do with the challenge.  Looked to me like a suit and a cumberbund with no shirt? Am I missing something? Don't care how well she can sew if she can't meet the challenge.  Hers was worse than Korto's in my opinion.  Feel like Fabio was bullied, he'd be on the bottom no matter what.

She sewed and underwear-looking waistband onto the pants waistband and called that lingerie.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
On 7/21/2023 at 1:44 AM, Lady of nod said:

Judge the garment not the story please. 

On this topic...what better way to honor a horrendous race based massacre than a sheer pseudo flapper dress over a pair of baggy granny panties...

On 7/20/2023 at 10:06 PM, Lamb18 said:

Korto's was pretty with lovely fabric, but the design itself wasn't innovative and didn't seem like underwear.

I was so happy when Brandon actually said something about the fabric being better than the design. It wasn't the first time that has been the case with something Korto has made.

On 7/21/2023 at 9:33 PM, gorgy said:

Korto's look was worse than Fabio's garment.

Agreed, but you know who I think really should have joined them in the bottom?  Anna. 

I'd like to see a week where they have to get their fabric in the Joann or Hobby Lobby quilt cotton aisle with only the notions available to them there and the direction to make something something couture for truly plus size models in the 22-26 size range. The melt downs would be epic! 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
On 7/22/2023 at 12:44 PM, RoseAllDay said:

Wasn’t there a finalist a few years ago that did climate change ad nauseam? His runway was showing the gradual melt of the polar cap? I can see him, but can’t recall his name.

This was Sergio in Season 18, which Geoffrey Mac won. The gowns were beautiful, and beautifully made, but it was way too much.

He also embroidered murdered children's names on a skirt for a challenge, and I am sure there were other "causes" he used for a story behind his work.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
On 7/20/2023 at 9:24 PM, susannot said:

I really didn't need to hear about Anna's bleeding nipples.  TMI.

Lol. I work with bleeding nipples and breast infections daily as a job and even I didn’t want to hear about it while watching project runway! 😂

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
On 7/22/2023 at 2:44 PM, carrps said:

No one seems to know how to flatter DD.

Agreed. The past 2 weeks deedee’s outfits have been nearly comical, which is a shame. 

• Like 1

As others have said, WTF did Kara Saun’s lace negligée have to do with the Tulsa Massacre? (Nothing, is the correct answer.) And IMO it seemed pretty gross to capitalize on that in order to make up meaning for underwear.

• Like 18
On 7/22/2023 at 6:04 PM, MartyQui said:

Re: DD…they have a masculine face and body, so I think it’s difficult to work with that within the designer’s esthetic…too feminine, and they look like they’re wearing a costume, and too masculine and they look like a man.  I also think they’re tough to fit for someone used to making women’s clothing.  It would be great if one of the designers could make something fantastic for them.

And why oh why did Korto make that top fitted for breasts? DD doesn’t have boobs! No wonder it looked saggy and ill-fitting, because it was just empty fabric!

• Like 7
(edited)

I am probably the only one who does NOT hope Fabio is dramatically ushered back into the workroom by Christian to tears and applause next episode. This is like his 4th or 5th time on PR and I've found him to be consistently over-rated. I just finished re-watching All Stars 6, and he did a final collection which was dreadful. Maybe I just don't get what he is laying down. I do like the guy, and his mellifluous voice, but what he did to his model in this episode was tragic.

PS. Good for Paulina for not being afraid to have some wrinkles. I thought she looked great! 

Edited by TVbitch
  • Like 10
  • Applause 3
On 7/20/2023 at 9:27 PM, Lamb18 said:

Nice to see the old guard in the top. I wish Rami had won instead of Kara Saun, but I am happy for her.

Save Fabio!!!!

Rats! I think Korto should have been out. At least Fabio's was innovative. Korto's looked like something thrown together at the last minute.

I agree!  Rami's  was new and fresh!  Kara Saun was the favorite!  Sigh.

Korto should have gone home.  Her outfit and her attitude!

• Like 3

I understand it in my head but getting it into an understandable post might take some doing. So I guess I will go with puzzling it together, piece by piece.

I think that there were several options about why Tulsa:

Kara Saun was always going to use Tulsa at a point during the competition. Or,

Was really inspired by the challenge to use it. Or,

Decided after the previous numbers dedications that she needed a story.

There are probably more options.

Whatever made her decide to use it this episode, it was never about honoring Tulsa with underwear. She kept saying "the ladies kept sewing". I think she blocked out or it never entered her mind that she was relating tragedy to underwear. Her vision was in the midst of tragedy these ladies plowed through. 

@RoseAllDay  I thought I might have missed the introduction of Elaine. I am not a fan of her as far as judging the show but if he snubbed her, or the editing snubbed her that is awful and uncalled for. She seems happy, comes across as a nice person, is successful in other areas of her life (her writing/new commercial) she just isn't a good fit for me on this show, personality wise. It was speculated that the guest judges might unknowingly auditioning to replace Nina or Elaine and if they are I think that is awful if Nina or Elaine don't know it. 

I agree about the male model ogling/comments! Was it a past season of PR or a Top Chef season where a contestant really went hard flirting with a model or crew person, hell maybe even a guest judge on the show, going so far as winding up dating them?  It's in the back of my head with vague details. 

• Like 4

I like Fabio, but but...yeah.  He just seemed to be getting worse and worse this season rather than improving.  I think the judges got into his head, and then Christian gave him a little spin, and....yeah.  Fabio has been told by the judges several times that he keeps hiding the best parts of his design.  Even I could see when he lifted that shirt flap during judging that it really improved the garment.  I'm sorry to see him go, but it was time. 

It was more Korto's time than Fabio's, but after her big tearful speech during judging about discrimination, and the Tulsa Massacre, and how diverse PR has become since season one, there was no way she was going to be auf'd that episode, sad little limp macrame lace doily bralet notwithstanding.

At some point, the judges are going to have to do more than just giggle slap Laurence for the double birds she keeps flipping the judges by not following the brief and just doing what she wants.

And can I just say how thankful I am we didn't get a bleeding infected nipple meaningful motherhood symbology design from Anna?  

• Like 6
(edited)
On 7/24/2023 at 9:52 AM, Mahfouz said:

I have always like Fabio. He seems like he'd be a really good neighbor. Also, if he could switch careers to narrating audiobooks that would be perfect!

Over 100 posts and nobody has mentioned the inappropriate behavior by many of the contestants, Christian, and Elaine towards the male models. It has always heartened me to see that the straight male contestants on this show have always acted professionally towards the models. I can't recall even a single instance of an inappropriate remark or look or behavior. But man did they reverse that trend in this episode. So many instances of contestants saying "I LOVE male model day". (Gross). All the weird ogles and fanning themselves in overexertion. Even Elaine on the runway wondering why Laurence (I think) chose to cover up that dude's abs. 

YES! I hate the way they always treat the male models like a piece of meat, it’s disgusting.  If it was reverse, people on the show would be outraged.  There was one male designer who did say talk about his lady model in an unprofessional/creepy imo way in one of the early seasons, but other than that I don’t recall anyone else commenting on their women models in a pervy  way.

I think Rami’s outfit was the best.  I also liked Kara Sauna’s but don’t see how the story relates to the  outfit.  If it did she should have explained it better in the episode otherwise it comes off as exploitive.  I don’t like most of Fabio’s fashions, but he seems like a very nice person. It’s the aesthetic I don’t care for not his workmanship.  

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Like 6
On 7/21/2023 at 9:08 PM, gibasi said:

People keep talking about the Christian Save. In the first episode he said there would not be a Save this season. So it is not being saved for Anna or anyone else.

THANK YOU!  I kept seeing posters talking about it and all I could think of was "didn't they save no Siriano Save this season?"

On 7/22/2023 at 11:27 PM, SemiCharmedLife said:

Just weighing in on the "Siriano Save."  I remember him commenting on "no immunity this season."  Then a designer asked him if there would be a "Siriano Save" and he replied, "absolutely!"  or something else very affirming

But then he said no save earlier on.  Well, we shall see if somehow somebody gets saved along the way.  At least he didn't save Hester lol. 

However, I shall gladly join the bandwagon of the NANP (No Anna's Nipples Please) brigade.  I can't even figure out how that could happen and I was a BFing mom back in the day. 

What I think did Fabio in was that overlay he put on the top at the end. I didn't even see him working on it in the workroom.  He might have not been ousted had it been not added. 

1 minute ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

I can't even figure out how that could happen and I was a BFing mom back in the day

are you saying that nipples can't bleed? I can assure you that is a thing from personal experience.

I thought Christian said no immunity. I finally found that spot (about 25 minutes into the redemption episode. He said no immunity, lots of prizes (where have those been?). He didn't say a word about the save, at least in that discussion.

• Like 1
On 7/24/2023 at 1:10 PM, stewedsquash said:

I agree about the male model ogling/comments!

I remember Barbara on Shark Tank was often wildly inappropriate.  If those types of comments had been made by Daymond or Robert they would have been vilified.  Mark never would, love him or hate him, he's always professional. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Christian tells Brittany in maybe the second episode he doesn’t want to use his save on her again this season and I think maybe Fabio said so there is a save and Christian said there’s always a Siriano save.  So I think there’s a save just no immunity this season.

Korto really gets on my nerves this season.  I don’t remember disliking liking her before, but I don’t remember a lot of her season before.  I wish there was more consistency in the quality of models.  I feel like Mimi is a great model to have some of the others not so much..  Bischeme and Rami are so adorable together! I wish they showed more of them each episode.

• Like 5
On 7/21/2023 at 1:46 AM, Leeds said:

Korto's looked like a badly sewn flamenco skirt topped with two badly glued-on cake doilies.  Plus at this point I'm ready for her to go home just for her voice; it's some kind of weird nasal vocal fry that sets my teeth on edge and is getting worse.

image.png.cf2bd5e33728f5d2847f571982d2eb51.png

Word.  What an ass kisser.  Agree that she & Fabio's outfits were both pretty tragic.

"Can I give Segio a hug?"  Could Korto climb any higher up his ass??. It's shows her true nature.  Vicious & backstabbing one week (that apology was so fake).  The next week she's all sweetness & light.  She also needs to be receptive to the judges criticism.

What a Bitch.

• Like 1

Is it just me or does Bishme look like Damon Dash?  Just me?  Mmmkay!  🤣  Screenshot_20230726-031849_Google.thumb.jpg.b656b3ab2661570a6976256aba3fdf40.jpg

It's a shame his Micky Mouse ears shoulders kept him out of the top because I really liked his outfit otherwise.  

On another note, how was Anna's underwear?

• Like 1
On 7/20/2023 at 10:34 PM, TexasGal said:

I wondered if Christian might save Fabio but nope. 

I think Christian may be saving his save in the event Rami possibly gets sent home.  

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
On 7/21/2023 at 2:16 AM, buttersister said:

Stories about clothing. Stories about food. None of these PR/Chopped stories is particularly interesting and frequently are attempts at a tear-jerking advantage. Enough. Best look and best taste win. This trend sucks.

Part of the judges questioning pertains to "What was your inspiration for this garment?"  To me it's just the same as, "WTF were you thinking when you came up with that?!" 🤣  Hey, it seems to work.  I think it's kept many a contestant in the competition.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
8 hours ago, swankie said:

I think Christian may be saving his save in the event Rami possibly gets sent home.  

There was something said in the opening episode about tears regarding Christian and Rami. And the editors seem to be playing up their bromance during C's critiques. I definitely think he's saving the Save for Rami.

• Like 3
On 7/25/2023 at 9:58 PM, Irate Panda said:

Christian tells Brittany in maybe the second episode he doesn’t want to use his save on her again this season and I think maybe Fabio said so there is a save and Christian said there’s always a Siriano save.  So I think there’s a save just no immunity this season.

I just rewatched episode 2 and I can 100% confirm this above^^^^ was said word for word about the save. It's 24 minutes in.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Due to what my dvr unapologetically referred to as 'Error,' I only caught the last runway model, plus the judging.  

Me:  WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING HERE?

###

My abbreviated take on tonight's show is that the judges might try to be a little more objective and professional. 

The male guest judge didn't need to be gushing about Korto's influence on the fashion world, as she stood next to her crappy doily-luggage strap bra and shiny handkerchief sarong.  I guess he wanted to make sure she wouldn't be eliminated, and he succeeded.

Worse was Elaine shrieking out Kara Saun's name with such joy.   It's not as though Kara Saun created such a showstopper that she left everyone else in the dust--Elaine just really likes her and was thrilled by her win.  I would've entertained a bitter thought or two about that if I were Rami.

• Like 9
On 7/25/2023 at 2:26 PM, Irate Panda said:

YES! I hate the way they always treat the male models like a piece of meat, it’s disgusting.  If it was reverse, people on the show would be outraged.  There was one male designer who did say talk about his lady model in an unprofessional/creepy imo way in one of the early seasons, but other than that I don’t recall anyone else commenting on their women models in a pervy  way.

I hate the way they try to fit male models into women’s wear and they always fit badly.  And they usually aren’t that great. The dress with flowers attached to it on a male model was ridiculous .    If you want the man to wear a bralette put some padding it. I was a 32a cup in my 20’s and looked fine in bra styled tops.  That’s all you need.   

• Like 2
On 7/22/2023 at 1:18 AM, littlebennysmom said:

"I want to show the suffering, the ennui of our desolate existence and my own very special, very personal struggles via this badly constructed fashion..."

🙄🙄🙄

@littlebennysmom I quoted you over on the And Just Like That forum S02 E07 February 14th thread, the word fashion changed to song - with full attribution, of course.

A 16 year old adopted by a fabulously wealthy family composed a little ditty lamenting "the power of privilege".

I had to do it!

• LOL 1
On 7/25/2023 at 4:31 PM, dleighg said:

are you saying that nipples can't bleed? I can assure you that is a thing from personal experience.

Oh no,  they certainly can bleed and they have for me as well.  (sorry TMI). I just wondered why she felt she had to choose that for her example.  Imagine somebody sewing little irregular circles all over the front of the outfit and calling them their gallstones lol. Or some kind of ode to the shenanigans that women do post-partum that involve the lower area (don't wanna be gross but if you know, you know). 

• Like 2
19 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

It’s not that Anna shared it, it’s that the producers felt they needed to include it. Who knows what they actually asked her.

But Anna was the one who said her original inspiration for her dress was bleeding nipples, and Christian had to talk her out of it. That's not like production shenanigans coaxing a bleeding nipple confession out of her. It was volunteered. By her.

• Like 1