Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: The Reunion, Part II

• Start Topic

(edited)
13 hours ago, Steph J said:

I've been thinking that the big reveal is going to be that Raquel suffers from the same affliction as Tom Hanks in Big, which is why she has so much difficulty interacting with people and understanding things.

Maybe she's like the reverse of Orphan.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • LOL 5
13 hours ago, Drogo said:

James is still a little shit.  

13 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

James needs to get a handle on himself. He’s starting to look a little ridiculous. 

Even though James is all those things, DJ Muppet Baby is cracking me the fuck up.

He's like a coked up Kamikaze pilot diving in every chance he gets

You mustached prick

You fucking pussy

Oh yeah I was out of control drinking,, where were you Tom? Making out with Raquel in the backroom while Ariana was in the front?

There's something weird and incestuous going on over by those 3

I can't wait till he calls Tom a Poopy Head

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

She was probably thinking that there was no intimacy at all between Tom and Ariana. 

Right which she clearly was digging about when she talked to Ariana in the fauxnally at the bar. Tom was telling her they never had sex and were just gay BFF (still makes me laugh how easily he characterizes it that way), but just like she wants to say Ariana shoulda known, as the side bitch, it is wild for her to think that a man who is lying to his partner of nine years is not also maybe lying to her. The whole conversation in the trailer was super amazing because she thought he was there to comfort her and deny that he and Ariana were having sex and he was like excuse the hell out of me, she was being nice was I supposed to NOT fuck my girlfriend? The degree to which he cares about any part of this girl other than her body is hilarious.

• Like 13
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I think there is a fakeness when it comes to reality tv but I don't think this whole thing is some sort of setup. You can tell the reactions are all very real. 

I felt bad for Scheana when she was essentially breaking down how hard this restraining order was on her. Cut to Rachel staring like a soulless ghoul. And then saying "oh I should have written her a note." Girl, what??

Lala sure is trying to spin this narrative that she was just poor naive girl from Utah who was taken in by Randall. She did tell Stassi they had sex the first night. So she was lying then or she's lying now. She also told Stassi they would role play and I'm pretty sure they would role play casting couch situations. The truth is she was with Randall because it benefited her and now it turns out that he's a creep, she's trying to pretend she is one of his victims. 

I cracked up at James constantly getting up and running away.

• Like 17
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, blixie said:

Right which she clearly was digging about when she talked to Ariana in the fauxnally at the bar. Tom was telling her they never had sex and were just gay BFF (still makes me laugh how easily he characterizes it that way), but just like she wants to say Ariana shoulda known, as the side bitch, it is wild for her to think that a man who is lying to his partner of nine years is not also maybe lying to her. The whole conversation in the trailer was super amazing because she thought he was there to comfort her and deny that he and Ariana were having sex and he was like excuse the hell out of me, she was being nice was I supposed to NOT fuck my girlfriend? The degree to which he cares about any part of this girl other than her body is hilarious.

Yes, she essentially asked Ariana, "Ariana, is Tom cheating on me, with you?".

It's so galling! 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
12 hours ago, blixie said:

I'm not gonna blame Ariana for not picking up those blazing red flags for lots of reasons: the death of her dog, the death of her grandmother, the inability to also acknowledge that you partner of nine hears and the woman who you have treated like a little sister are fucking like weasels behind your back is understandably a bridge too far. Her wanting to maintain the idea that these two people she loved weren't that godddamn awful is to her credit, not a failing.

I think Tom was absolutely sleeping with Ariana the last seven months, and IMO was never going to break up with her,  certainly not to be with Rachel, that wasn't the appeal, the appeal was in the illicitness not in the idea of having a relationship with her. He had a relationship in his own words the best one he's EVER had and leaving Ariana would be a financial disaster for him given the equity loan for S&S. He is incredibly stupid, but not THAT stupid.

I totally agree with all of this. Rachel brings nothing to the table except pussy, whereas Ariana is smart, creative, and remorseful. The cocktail book, for example, was her idea, right? She's also aging quite nicely. I've been looking at old seasons on Peacock and Rachel's looks have already begun to harden. But more important, there's no there there and I would bet my head that Sandoval's got buyer's remorse big, big time. Like, hugely. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
9 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

I think there is a fakeness when it comes to reality tv but I don't think this whole thing is some sort of setup. You can tell the reactions are all very real. 

I felt bad for Scheana when she was essentially breaking down how hard this restraining order was on her. Cut to Rachel staring like a soulless ghoul. And then saying "oh I should have written her a note." Girl, what??

Lala sure is trying to spin this narrative that she was just poor naive girl from Utah who was taken in by Randall. She did tell Stassi they had sex the first night. So she was lying then or she's lying now. She also told Stassi they would role play and I'm pretty sure they would role play casting couch situations. The truth is she was with Randall because it benefited her and now it turns out that he's a creep, she's trying to pretend she is one of his victims. 

I cracked up at James constantly getting up and running away.

I really felt for Scheana too. As a mom to a toddler, who needs her mom so much, the thought of being taken from her, i'm sure it was a visceral reaction she had (I sure would have) that would not have been be be anything short of terrifying. And Raquel put her through that.  She did this to another woman who befriended her, and took her in, helped her emotionally, financially, socially.  It's beyond.

• Like 12
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/31/2023 at 10:10 PM, Emmeline said:

That blank look on Rachel’s face is unsettling and disturbing.  Everyone on the platform is upset and crying about one thing or another.  Rachel is just a vacant space where a heart and brain should be.  

It's not just that - it's the smirk I want to slap off her face.

giphy.gif

My take is that It does make sense to Raquel.  Raquel's claim to fame before VPR was placing 15th in a pageant once. She actually thought being on the cast of VPR would help her place 1st, 2nd or 3rd - in the 6 years on VPR she didn't even get 15th.

That smirk and non empathetic face - is because she feels like she's reached her end goal. She thinks she and Tom are going to be the new #1 couple of VPR. This is better than getting the tiara and sash she never received.

She knows that she aged out of pageant competition but she hasn't realized that she will soon age out of Slimedoval

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Yes I think the reason Tom/Rachel are getting almost universal hate is how much they ENJOYED the lying and deceit, the necklaces, the lightning bolt postcards, and when anyone asked them, denying it using her bambi eyed bs and him his self righteous how dare you accuse me of not being the most wonderful boyfriend when it is I who have suffered the lack of support for my fashion sense and suicidal bummer of girlfriend who won't buy me batteries and paper towels.

And what's worse is Rachel is STILL getting off on the lying and how much she hurt everyone, because it's put her at the center of the drama. I don't want her getting death threats, but come the hell on these two deserve every bit of smoke coming at them in the reunion. It's so so so shitty and the idea that doing bad things doesn't speak to your character as a human is bullshit so shut up Lisa, but I guess someone who doesn't pay her employees properly would think doing bad things doesn't make you a bad person.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, BloggerAloud said:

Watching Raquel is like watching a malfunctioning Fembot try to approximate the human response they think should be giving but failing miserably.

So you're saying instead of AI - Artificial Intelligence

Raquel is AN?

mqdefault.jpg

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, TheCouchPotato said:

I agree that it was deceit as I stated but cheating is cheating. They both stepped out of their relationship with a friend. How do we know what Ariana did? She was with this cheat when he was with Kristin and she DENIED it. We don’t know the truth about their relationship since they both coached each other to be a power couple. I’m sorry; but everyone brought it to Ariana’s attention. If you know your man has cheated before, why would you continually stick up for him? She’s clearly not dependent or clingy for him so it doesn’t make sense. Look at Britney and Jax. She’s just beer cheese from Alabama without him so I can understand why she might have been in denial. Ariana found someone immediately so they clearly were not happy.  

Yes. That’s why I don’t find the Scandoval all that scandalous. She got with him when he had a girlfriend. Why all the sympathy for her? Plus if she got with that nasty inflatable lipped asshole in her boyfriends car, I can see where people would think that maybe these pigs have an open relationship.

James must really miss Raquel otherwise why all the outrage? His new girlfriend should not be so nonchalant. He still misses the dumb one.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

Why did each one of them, okay not all,  want to make it all about them. Lala was in tears, and shouting, I so wish she'd  stfu. Well done on being sober 4 plus years. Scheaner bursting  into tears, if she hadn't  punched, or slapped Raquel,  why was she so bothered. James who I normally  like, was being so  childish, he can do better. Ally is a sweetheart.

Katie is still that mean girl, in my eyes.

I think she was justified. The bullshit TRO was in place, just because that piece of paper allegedly says Raquel is dropping the TRO - Scheana still needed to go to  court at the end of March. Raquel LIES. If Scheana didn't go to court, I could imagine Raquels team telling the court to grant them a permanent RO because Scheana failed to show up. Scheana is also frustrated - you saw how she wouldn't answer Andy's questions - it's because she couldn't until this BS was settled through the judicial system. It's frustrating not to be able to stand up for yourself. The TRO was still in place, so skanko Raquel could show up in Scheana's neighborhood or at a Club where Scheana was at. Scheana would have to leave the club or be arrested. I could see Raquel calling the police and telling them Scheana violated the TRO by being within 100 yards of her.

Scheana also has various jobs mainly her YouTube and Vlogs  where she has sponsors. she could lose sponsors if her sponsors decide to enforce the good behavior clause in her contract.

Scheana could also lose her spot on VPR. Let's face it - if Raquel/Scheana couldn't film next season because of an RO, at the same time, lets say at a LVP charity event at SUR - Bravo would pick Raquel over Scheana as a cast member. Bravo would pick the messy salacious Tom/Raquel drama over Scheana and Brock playing with their daughter.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Am I missing something?  Why on earth is James so deeply invested in this?  This is between Ariana and Tom, not JAMES!  

Yes it was really shitty what Tom did, but as Andy pointed out. just about all of these people have cheated and been caught on the show.  And for Ms. BJ for a PJ to have the audacity to judge anyone- wow.  

I thought it was ludicrous when some of them were insinuating that Lisa should sever her business relationship with Tom because he cheated on Ariana.  Gimme a break!  

I am not a superfan of this show but I have watched on and off over the years.  I never thought Tom and Ariana seemed to fit as a couple at all.  Ariana seems like a cold fish and I think some of Tom's points about their relationship cooling seemed valid.  Not excusing his actions, but he probably should have manned up and just broken up with her.  Im sure the fact both of them are cast members on the same show makes stuff like that a lot more complicated than we may realize.  But I think their eventual break up was probably inevitable even if Raquel never showed up.

Edited by Joan van Snark
  • Like 10

I find it confusing that some are perplexed by the sympathy for Ariana. For one thing, why should anyone have sympathy for Tom and Raquel? They were two adults who knowingly entered into an affair and then lied to Ariana for months about it. It's not like Ariana lied to either of them. While she is certainly not perfect, Ariana hasn't done anything in this particular situation that should cause anyone to be unsympathetic to her, in my opinion. 

That being said, I think that Tom's not lying when he said he felt there were problems in their relationship. I think that there were issues because that happens in every long-term relationship. But IMO Ariana is correct in saying that there are ways to deal with those problems - including ultimately breaking up, if it comes to that - that don't come with deceit and betrayal. 

As for James, I have thought all along this season that he wasn't over Raquel. Or that he wasn't over the fact that Raquel seemingly got the upper hand when she broke up with him at the last reunion. So I think that is why he is so invested in all of this - because he feels like he is gaining the upper hand that he lost a year or so ago.

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Maybe I missed someone else talking about it but when Tom was having his tantrum about being filmed talking to Rachel outside the trailer, the coat/outfit was giving the main character in a Nora Ephron movie. If that outfit was any other neutral except black, I absolutely see Diane Keaton rocking it. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

has Ariana stooped to calling Rachel dumb.

Ok, I'll stoop.

In the trailer, she actually brings up the intimacy thing to him and he immediately pivots to his pimp outfits.

"Like, ah, yeah" he was cheating on you with his life partner dummy. Such a deflection. How he got away with that “answer” is unreal, but then again it was with the round-headed failed pageant participant who most likely forgot what she was talking about.

Because she is dumb.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
(edited)

I have thought all along this season that he wasn't over Raquel. Or that he wasn't over the fact that Raquel seemingly got the upper hand when she broke up with him at the last reunion.

100% and I do think he is weirdly legitimately hurt about Tom as well, he is not THE wronged party here but he is A wronged party in the sense that Tom's hooking up with his ex hurt. We can't all be sympathetic to Katies request about Schwartz not dating in the friend group, and not understand why hyper sensitive insecure James was stung by the revelation Raquel cheated with Tom. I can also see him rightfully wondering about Tom's over investment in their relationship in the past with the proposal. There is speculation the as yet unrevealed bombshell in the Reunion is that Scandoval went back to then, I can only imagine how James on Eleven he'll be if that's the case. Ariana herself he had a right to fell betrayed by Tom at least.

Edited by blixie
  • Like 8
48 minutes ago, Joan van Snark said:

Am I missing something?  Why on earth is James so deeply invested in this?  This is between Ariana and Tom, not JAMES!  

James was engaged to Raquel and it's likely going to come out that the affair began even earlier than we've been told. Sandoval's such a liar that his ready admittance the August hook-up likely means the real start was much earlier, possibly even while she was still with James. 

Of anyone else outside of Ariana, he's the most affected emotionally by finding out how duplicitous Raquel really is and that someone he considered a friend would be a willing partner.

• Like 11

My prediction for the Big Reveal.

According to EP Alex Baskin, they are taking a pause until the entire cast has seen the June 7th Part 3 reunion. This tells me it is not revealed while they were filming – they literally won’t see it until June 7th – earliest June 5th as the cast sometimes gets to see an episode 2 days ahead of airing. Whatever it is, may cause some cast members to question whether or not they return.

If you’ve watched the last few episodes, the Bravo editors have been working in overdrive. They’ve been combing over a lot of old footage. Over the years, there is a ton of footage that has never aired. I think they’ve found a jackpot.

I have a feeling this is the Big Reveal. It’s footage and Hot Mic moments amongst Raquel and the Douche Duo. It could be footage of Raquel in a crowd from years before she was on the show where she and Tom are huddled near each other. It could be a Hot Mic moment of Tom and Raquel near the reunion trailer and her flubbing the timeline narrative Tom wants to sell. It could be him whining Noooo Raquel it’s 7 months ago not 7 yeeeeers. It could be multiple locations of various scenes going years back of Tom and Raquel acting inappropriately. It could be the 2 Toms having a Hot Mic moment trying to get their stories straight not just about Raquel but over other indiscretions. Maybe Raquel’s original audition tape is out there – way before she clamped onto James showing her as a super fan saying Sandoval is the hottest guy ever.

Now this won’t cause the Toms or Raquel to not return. The Toms need the money and the free publicity the VPR show provides S&S. Raquel would come back – she’s thirsty and it’s her dream come true. It might make Ariana, Katie or Scheana feel a certain type of way. A feeling that producers were in the know and betrayed them by not telling them. I also don’t see Ariana, Scheana, or Katie not coming back – the VPR platform provides outside business opportunities and drives the revenue on their podcasts. James might just feel disgusted to learn that Raquel & Tom were playing him from the jump – but DJ Muppet Baby will be back anyway.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
23 minutes ago, blixie said:

not understand why hyper sensitive insecure James was stung by the revelation Raquel cheated with Tom.

James hasn't been on solid emotional ground since we met him. While still in his twenties, he has acknowledged having an addiction to alcohol and substances and is in the process of addressing them. He had this grand over-the-top Rachella proposal, promoted/supported/egged on by good friend scandoval, only to months later be humiliated by rachel breaking up with him on the following reunion.

Table for one understanding and being sympathetic to his behavior following the double betrayal.

If in fact, these two emotional demons had been together during this time, would elevate their evil. Why set him up with assisting in the rachella bs and why would she say yes to the proposal?

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, MaggieG said:

You're not mistaken.  She recounted for Stassi (and some poor unsuspecting hairstylist) that she would roleplay casting couch. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Additionally I'm going to give my hot and probably unpopular take: 

We are all very rightfully big on self-identification.  If Raquel wants to be called Raquel and not Rachel, that has literally zero to do with these  miserable and shitty decisions she's made regarding Ariana and her ex-asshole.  None of the terrible sins she's committed justify OTHER PEOPLE, anywhere, mocking her and telling her that her chosen name is null or invalid.  It's low class and a very poor precedent to follow going forward.

Sermon over.

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 9
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

I think James genuinely loves Tom as a friend and in the past he has been one of and often the only James fan and supporter in the group and stood up for him plenty of times when others wanted to exclude him.

I also think that at least part of him still loves Rachel and he felt during the season that his friends were slipping away from him in favor of her. He's desperately immature and needs to deal with all of his issues, but James has a very, very tender heart. Can you imagine those other dudes crying so openly and freely as he has over the years? I kind of love that about him.

• Like 16
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, Lassus said:

Additionally I'm going to give my hot and probably unpopular take: 

We are all very rightfully big on self-identification.  If Raquel wants to be called Raquel and not Rachel, that has literally zero to do with these  miserable and shitty decisions she's made regarding Ariana and her ex-asshole.  None of the terrible sins she's committed justify OTHER PEOPLE, anywhere, mocking her and telling her that her chosen name is null or invalid.  It's low class and a very poor precedent to follow going forward.

Sermon over.

I always thought it was an ineffective insult. I also wondered if I just didn't get why it would be considered one.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

My prediction for the Big Reveal.

According to EP Alex Baskin, they are taking a pause until the entire cast has seen the June 7th Part 3 reunion. This tells me it is not revealed while they were filming – they literally won’t see it until June 7th – earliest June 5th as the cast sometimes gets to see an episode 2 days ahead of airing. Whatever it is, may cause some cast members to question whether or not they return.

If you’ve watched the last few episodes, the Bravo editors have been working in overdrive. They’ve been combing over a lot of old footage. Over the years, there is a ton of footage that has never aired. I think they’ve found a jackpot.

I have a feeling this is the Big Reveal. It’s footage and Hot Mic moments amongst Raquel and the Douche Duo. It could be footage of Raquel in a crowd from years before she was on the show where she and Tom are huddled near each other. It could be a Hot Mic moment of Tom and Raquel near the reunion trailer and her flubbing the timeline narrative Tom wants to sell. It could be him whining Noooo Raquel it’s 7 months ago not 7 yeeeeers. It could be multiple locations of various scenes going years back of Tom and Raquel acting inappropriately. It could be the 2 Toms having a Hot Mic moment trying to get their stories straight not just about Raquel but over other indiscretions. Maybe Raquel’s original audition tape is out there – way before she clamped onto James showing her as a super fan saying Sandoval is the hottest guy ever.

Now this won’t cause the Toms or Raquel to not return. The Toms need the money and the free publicity the VPR show provides S&S. Raquel would come back – she’s thirsty and it’s her dream come true. It might make Ariana, Katie or Scheana feel a certain type of way. A feeling that producers were in the know and betrayed them by not telling them. I also don’t see Ariana, Scheana, or Katie not coming back – the VPR platform provides outside business opportunities and drives the revenue on their podcasts. James might just feel disgusted to learn that Raquel & Tom were playing him from the jump – but DJ Muppet Baby will be back anyway.

While I understand this is a popular prediction, I don’t see any reason why this would make the cast members not want to renew their contracts. It has to be something hinky with production, because if it’s just some cast members playing a long con, then that just gives them more ammunition to ostracize them, not I’m going to give up my career because some other cast members were lying and cheating even more. Alex also said that production basically missed picking up this thread because they didn’t believe it when Lala and others were trying to point it out. The way Ariana and Tom were both throwing back and forth about which one of them led the coaching strategies to manipulate how they came off on the show, my completely baseless guess is that the BOTH of them had a 9-year strategic relationship with producers in which they threw all of the other castmates under the bus and they got off scot-free. Hence, why the rumor thread was dropped by production in the first place. (I think this Alex guy has no clue; it would be people under him working with Tom and Ariana.) I think it has to be something like that that would make the whole cast ALSO turn on Ariana AND production as a whole so they’d be like you got us out here skewering Sandoval for 3 months, but it turns out we can’t trust the “side” we were defending either, not to mention all of the producers we entrusted for all of these years. Anyway, again, no actual inside info or anything here. But there just has to be something different than we already hate and distrust Sandy and Rachel, and here’s some more secrets they had. Even if it’s something like Lisa was involved. None of these people work for her anymore, so it’s Like, okay, that just gives me more talking points for my podcast—not let me give up being on television unless I can’t trust the people making the show. Now would the show out itself? I think they might if along with it goes we fired the problematic producers or what have you.

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 8
2 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Ok, I'll stoop.

In the trailer, she actually brings up the intimacy thing to him and he immediately pivots to his pimp outfits.

"Like, ah, yeah" he was cheating on you with his life partner dummy. Such a deflection. How he got away with that “answer” is unreal, but then again it was with the round-headed failed pageant participant who most likely forgot what she was talking about.

Because she is dumb.

I absolutely agree that Raqu(ch)el is unintelligent and appears simpleminded/dense. I am on a long-term journey to be very specific with my words so, "dumb" no longer fits because it is historically loaded and general. 

What I am unsure of is whether her condition is curable. Ignorance is curable with education but, is someone who is inherently unable to see deeply into thoughts, actions, and motivations or comprehend deep thought changeable? I'm also unsure how much of her condition is by choice and how much is inherent which is a big part of the answer.

Anyway, I don't enjoy her presentation, voice, or bewildered facial expression and even at that, I'm getting bored with the pile-on. I will drop back in for part 3 and see where it goes but I'm fine with less of her and Lord Pornstache Coverband in my life moving forward.

This might be one of the best things to ever happen to Ariana's professional life though so, I think she needs to tread lightly going forward to make sure she makes the most of the current public good-will heading in her direction.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, lili45 said:

What Ariana did with Lala wasn’t behind his back, and he probably enjoyed it.

What she did with Lala wasn’t ongoing for 7 months.

Ariana didn’t covertly sneak around with Lala in Sandoval’s bed and home.

She did not lie to Sandy in an ongoing manner. Even Rachel herself was able to acknowledge “the deceit.” Methinks The ongoing deception from a friend is the issue here, not our view of infidelity.
Anyway, their relationship didn’t include this option.

Well, technically, if he was driving and they were in the backseat, it was "behind his back".   😂

But I do agree that even listening to them, he probably enjoyed it.

I often wonder if any of these so-called "couples" engaged in any kind of threesomes or partner-swapping parties.  It wouldn't surprise me if they did.

• LOL 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, blixie said:

100% and I do think he is weirdly legitimately hurt about Tom as well, he is not THE wronged party here but he is A wronged party in the sense that Tom's hooking up with his ex hurt. We can't all be sympathetic to Katies request about Schwartz not dating in the friend group, and not understand why hyper sensitive insecure James was stung by the revelation Raquel cheated with Tom. I can also see him rightfully wondering about Tom's over investment in their relationship in the past with the proposal. There is speculation the as yet unrevealed bombshell in the Reunion is that Scandoval went back to then, I can only imagine how James on Eleven he'll be if that's the case. Ariana herself he had a right to fell betrayed by Tom at least.

Ariana and Scheana found out about the affair on March 1st after WWHL. The Bravo cameras picked up the cameras to tape the Scandoval episode beginning March 3rd. Scheana said her next court date was March 29th. The reunion had to have taped mid March.

At the time of filming the reunion, the cast (in this case James) only knew what the 2 Tom's and Raquel were claiming as a timeline. The cast only knew what the 2 Toms and Raquel alleged to and that the Toms & Raquel lie. It would not be far fetched to believe that not only James but the rest of the cast suspect the affair began much earlier. We also have to remember Raquel dumped James. That would hurt no matter how emotionally mature you are. The drugs James partakes in make him paranoid (one of the podcasters I listen to has the same drug dealer for Mali and bumped into James when they were both copping). I'm sure for the 2 weeks up until the reunion taping he spent rewinding EVERY interaction he's ever had with Tom, Tom & Raquel. It's probably driving him bonkers wondering how far back the affair started.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Rachel drops the request for restraining order.

Probably fucking realized she'd be laughed out of court.  AND no more VP Rules filming.  Not that anyone is going to tune in to watch her stare vacantly into the camera or interact with the talking turd and his buddy.  

• Like 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

While I understand this is a popular prediction, I don’t see any reason why this would make the cast members not want to renew their contracts. It has to be something hinky with production, because if it’s just some cast members playing a long con, then that just gives them more ammunition to ostracize them, not I’m going to give up my career because some other cast members were lying and cheating even more. Alex also said that production basically missed picking up this thread because they didn’t believe it when Lala and others were trying to point it out. The way Ariana and Tom were both throwing back and forth about which one of them led the coaching strategies to manipulate how they came off on the show, my completely baseless guess is that the BOTH of them had a 9-year strategic relationship with producers in which they threw all of the other castmates under the bus and they got off scot-free. I think it has to be something like that that would make the whole cast ALSO turn on Ariana AND production as a whole so they’d be like you got us out here skewering Sandoval for 3 months, but it turns out we can’t trust the “side” we were defending either, not to mention all of the producers we entrusted for all of these years. Anyway, again, no actual inside info or anything here. But there just has to be something different than we already hate and distrust Sandy and Rachel, and here’s some more secrets they had. Even if it’s something like Lisa was involved. None of these people work for her anymore, so it’s Like, okay, that just gives me more talking points for my podcast—not let me give up being on television unless I can’t trust the people making the show. Now would the show out itself? I think they might if along with it goes we fired the problematic producers or what have you.

Bravo wouldn't fire any producer - each cast member doesn't have that power. I also said I don't see any of them not wanting to come back but I can see some of them feeling manipulated and betrayed.

According to Kristen the Miami Girl scene was known to everyone except for Ariana and Tom. Bravo does blindside and manipulate cast members for maximum drama.

An additional scenario that can play out. Reunion Part 3 airs on June 7th. On June 8th they begin contract renewals. Bravo says before you sign this contract, in the upcoming season, it will be required that you film 4 times as an entire group or maybe you ALL have to go on the group trip to Vegas. Not only do you have to appear at the scene but you have to interact with the entire cast. If you say no to that we pay you per scene instead of a salary for the season. If you've ever watched any Housewives show - Bravo loves those reconciliation scenes at a coffee shop or in a bar. Again, I still see the entire cast signing a contract but it would definitely give some of them pause.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Like 8
  • Useful 3

We'll find out soon enough, I suppose, but they've both been pretty consistent that the affair started after the guys' night. It's the one thing that they haven't really been squirrelly about. Now, they have both lied extensively, so the fact that they've been concrete about it doesn't necessarily mean anything but still, that seems plausible. 

Also I am not really sure that I believe that finding out they were sleeping together last year - or that production knew about it - would really change much. The damage is already done. Finding out that the affair was longer than first thought may compound the hurt but I am not sure it really is a big game changing reveal.

But I could be wrong. I guess we'll find out next week. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

I could see that as a perceived betrayal -- if production, claiming not to have known, is suddenly shown to not only have known fully, but to have been, in a way, complicit in Ariana and Scheana's humiliation by letting them carry on and on about how great and trustworthy Sandy and Rachel are as people.

Yep, I could see that as feeling like a betrayal, especially since the cast interacts with the production team so much and probably feels like they have developed friendships with some of them over the years.

But, would Andy show his production team in that light, or make them part of the story in this way? I don't know. Who would he be willing to throw under the bus? Lisa? 

I am going away and won't be able to see the part three when it airs, but I will have access to the internet, so please Primetimers, for the love of all things holy, when posting about it next week-- please mention what the terrible shocker was! I'm dying to know. Thank you.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, Lassus said:

None of the terrible sins she's committed justify OTHER PEOPLE, anywhere, mocking her and telling her that her chosen name is null or invalid.  It's low class and a very poor precedent to follow going forward.

Sermon over.

From a very low class, no class fellow boardie

giphy.gif

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • LOL 8
24 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Bravo wouldn't fire any producer - each cast member doesn't have that power. I also said I don't see any of them not wanting to come back but I can see some of them feeling manipulated and betrayed.

According to Kristen the Miami Girl scene was known to everyone except for Ariana and Tom. Bravo does blindside and manipulate cast members for maximum drama.

An additional scenario that can play out. Reunion Part 3 airs on June 7th. On June 8th they begin contract renewals. Bravo says before you sign this contract, in the upcoming season, it will be required that you film 4 times as an entire group or maybe you ALL have to go on the group trip to Vegas. Not only do you have to appear at the scene but you have to interact with the entire cast. If you say no to that we pay you per scene instead of a salary for the season. If you've ever watched any Housewives show - Bravo loves those reconciliation scenes at a coffee shop or in a bar. Again, I still see the entire cast signing a contract but it would definitely give some of them pause.

13 minutes ago, Jel said:

I could see that as a perceived betrayal -- if production, claiming not to have known, is suddenly shown to not only have known fully, but to have been, in a way, complicit in Ariana and Scheana's humiliation by letting them carry on and on about how great and trustworthy Sandy and Rachel are as people.

Yep, I could see that as feeling like a betrayal, especially since the cast interacts with the production team so much and probably feels like they have developed friendships with some of them over the years.

But, would Andy show his production team in that light, or make them part of the story in this way? I don't know. Who would he be willing to throw under the bus? Lisa? 

I am going away and won't be able to see the part three when it airs, but I will have access to the internet, so please Primetimers, for the love of all things holy, when posting about it next week-- please mention what the terrible shocker was! I'm dying to know. Thank you.

“Producer” in reality TV doesn’t necessarily mean an executive producer like Lisa, Andy (technically I don’t think he is one anymore), or Alex. Every cast member has a producer who they work with on-site who acts like a friend/confidant but is there to manipulate/define the storylines. You see the producers talking with the cast members a lot on the Bachelor franchise shows. The guy last night who told Sandy they couldn’t let him talk to Raquel without filming was “Producer Patrick.” They absolutely could have been working with someone like “Producer Patrick”   (No offense, Patrick!!) who could be exposed and fired without it impacting the show whatsoever.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

From a very low class, no class fellow boardie

giphy.gif

+1

1 minute ago, JenE4 said:

“Producer” in reality TV doesn’t necessarily mean an executive producer like Lisa, Andy (technically I don’t think he is one anymore), or Alex. Every cast member has a producer who they work with on-site who acts like a friend/confidant but is there to manipulate/define the storylines. You see the producers talking with the cast members a lot on the Bachelor franchise shows. The guy last night who told Sandy they couldn’t let him talk to Raquel without filming was “Producer Patrick.” They absolutely could have been working with someone like “Producer Patrick”   (No offense, Patrick!!) who could be exposed and fired without it impacting the show whatsoever.

Yes, that's what I meant -- like a producer Patrick. May Ariana and Scheana feel like they have made friends with one or more of the team or over the years, from all the down time and the chit chat between filming etc. Just as you'd get friendly with any co-worker. Then, they find out that this office pal, fave member of production team, knew all this stuff, but still let you go on and on and on about Rache;s impeccable character and Tom's unyielding devotion and loyalty.  That would smart, from a co-worker.

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, Jel said:

Yes, that's what I meant -- like a producer Patrick. May Ariana and Scheana feel like they have made friends with one or more of the team or over the years, from all the down time and the chit chat between filming etc. Just as you'd get friendly with any co-worker. Then, they find out that this office pal, fave member of production team, knew all this stuff, but still let you go on and on and on about Rache;s impeccable character and Tom's unyielding devotion and loyalty.  That would smart, from a co-worker.

I heard Scheana on some YouTube interview talk about her and Katie's beef about Schwartz & Raquel. She said the audience needs to remember that each cast member is not on set at every scene. The scenes you are not in - you only know about what happened according to a cast member that was there tells you. So everything that happened in Vegas was told to her by Raquel - which was basically- all of them were Meangirls to her. Ariana left before any events because of Charlotte. Scheana said that there are multiple cameras in multiple locations filming everyday. Each group have a production crew and the production crews are in communication with each other all day long. They certainly see all of the footage as they put together episodes.

Bravo doesn't need to fire any producer. Ariana and everyone else will still sign up for a new season. The cast on the show have been at this for 10 years. Everyone on them have seen footage spliced together shining them in a more negative light than what actually happened. One example on any Bravo show - a dinner scene and then an explosion of anger from one cast member. That's the 2 minute scene shown. They don't air the entire 2 hour dinner filmed where the debating starts, the arguing escalates, the back and forth - they literally cut out stuff to make it more dramatic. They can skew a scene anyway they like and you certainly know after being on one season - this is what you sign up for.

I agree I would feel a certain type of way knowing that a producer or multiple producers knew something that affects me directly and withheld that information  from me for 7 months or more. 

• Like 4
(edited)

If it was Sandoval’s and Raquel’s aim to demonstrate their complete lack of chemistry, they are doing an admirable job.

My two favorite parts are the very specific 114 minutes earlier when Raquel told Sandoval she didn’t love the intimacy conversation.  Not a little under two hours or an hour and a three quarters but 114 minutes.  I laughed out loud.

And Katie trying to keep it together watching James check his manicure as Andy’s introducing Ally.  Hysterical.

Edited by bosawks
  • Like 3
  • LOL 10
(edited)

8 hours ago, njbchlover said:

A few subtle takeaways I observed from last night:

Raquel was trying very hard to keep a blank face when Scheana was saying that Ariana told her that she and Tom had gotten more intimate and all seemed good in that department the last month or so of them being together, before Ariana found out about the affair.  That means that Tom and Ariana were having sex the same time he was having sex with Raquel.  I got the feeling that was a shock to Raquel.  Tom probably did not disclose that little tidbit to Raquel.  She was probably thinking that there was no intimacy at all between Tom and Ariana.  For just a brief moment, there was a look of complete dejection in her eyes, like she now knows that Tom used her instead of loving her.  

Raquel realized Sandoval played her while watching the cast during the reunion from her trailer. Maybe that's another reason Sandoval wanted to talk to her in private after she questioned him about the intimacy between Ariana and him at the trailer- to soften the blow. On top of wanting to co-ordinate their stories when she would be on stage at the reunion.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 4
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Steph J said:

"We didn't get married for anyone other than us" says the woman who has televised two weddings, this one to a person to whom she had already been married for a year.

I know right? Just because Scheana did not fcuk Sandoval doesn’t mean I have to like her now.  I realize she was a good friend to Rachel until the scandal.  But she’s been so bad for so long in so many ways, I’m gonna need more time 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8

No, not about intimacy. What she really wanted to know was how much fashion advising was Ariana really doing? And what was her particular take on the green sequined pants. Amirite Sandy?!

• LOL 11
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Andy Cohen was never officially a producer on Bravo. He was executive vice president for development and talent.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

There's a creepy scene in the pumped up peacock version where Raquel talks about sleeping in a bed with Brock & Scheana. She tells Lala, Katie & Kristina that they had a "cuddle puddle".  Lala asks if they had a threesome and she smirks but says no. 

Also, this made me laugh. 

Edited by snarts
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 18
(edited)
13 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Maybe it’s this? From the interwebs:

What are the symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder?

*Sense of self-importance.

*Preoccupation with power, beauty, or success.

*Entitled.

*Can only be around people who are important or special.

*Interpersonally exploitative for their own gain.

*Arrogant.

*Lack empathy.

*Must be admired.

Yes, this is armchair psychology. But Rachel, unlike Tom, doesn’t even TRY to fake having regrets or a crisis of conscience over what she’s done. After months of taking advantage of Ariana’s generosity and friendship and then devastating her life, Rachel thinks a terse, insincere  “Sorry” will make up for it. What got me was how she described Ariana’s trust in Tom, like the concept was completely foreign to her. How she reacted to Scheana was beyond cold. Her smirks and eyerolls while watching the fallout from what she created? All that was missing was her scarfing some popcorn. She was enjoying all of it. Even when she was commiserating with her supposed “soulmate” in the trailer last night, her tone was flat and it sounded as though she was just reciting lines. She played Sandoval just as hard as she played Ariana. 

Behind the dead eyes is a soulless shell of a human being, incapable of appreciating others’ feelings and unable to see beyond her own wants. She needs help — not that she will ever admit that. 

Yes, Sandoval is equally to blame for this. But the difference, to me, is that he was thinking mainly with his dick, while Rachel was a calculating bitch who knew EXACTLY what she was doing straight from the jump. I hope NO mercy is shown next week. She deserves NONE.

Narcissist may actually be understating it. Her coldness to Scheana is particularly heinous in that Scheana not only helped her financially, she defended her endlessly. Of course so did Ariana. Also the whole diversion with Schwartz. I know Katie is unpopular, but she was clearly very upset about the whole charade. What makes it worse is we now know it was completely fake. So, hurting yet another person obviously meant nothing to her, even when it was just a diversion.Of course the two stooges are guilty too. Her behavior to Katie's mom was so disrespectful too. Again, doesn't matter if you like her mom or not, she was disrespectful and insulting to Katie's mother. Of course Katie was furious about that, who wouldn't be?  I actually hope her and Tom try to make a go of it. They absolutely deserve each other.

Edited by chlban
  • Like 10
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Ariana and Scheana found out about the affair on March 1st after WWHL. The Bravo cameras picked up the cameras to tape the Scandoval episode beginning March 3rd. Scheana said her next court date was March 29th. The reunion had to have taped mid March.

At the time of filming the reunion, the cast (in this case James) only knew what the 2 Tom's and Raquel were claiming as a timeline. The cast only knew what the 2 Toms and Raquel alleged to and that the Toms & Raquel lie. It would not be far fetched to believe that not only James but the rest of the cast suspect the affair began much earlier. We also have to remember Raquel dumped James. That would hurt no matter how emotionally mature you are. The drugs James partakes in make him paranoid (one of the podcasters I listen to has the same drug dealer for Mali and bumped into James when they were both copping). I'm sure for the 2 weeks up until the reunion taping he spent rewinding EVERY interaction he's ever had with Tom, Tom & Raquel. It's probably driving him bonkers wondering how far back the affair started.

The reunion was filmed on March 23rd.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Lisa does stick up for Sandoval too much. She is ridiculous and trying to be relevant in the situation.

The lack of self-awareness by Sandoval and Rachel are historic. I'm only at the very beginning but.. "They are making us out to be pathological liars"... "We haven't lied about anything except this affair"  UH... for the ENTIRE SEASON to everyone.

And then how Sandoval pitches a toddler's fit not to be recorded while he  speaks to Rachel. Hmmm. Wonder what that is about? Couldn't possibly be about him trying to revise history and coaching her to get their stories aligned, right?... so transparent.

The show needs to take the trash out and the first two at the bottom of that can are Sandoval and Rachel.

Edited by Dramamama
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1

Watching Sandoval start to spin out when he realized that Raquel was putting 2 + 2 together, and that he wouldn't have the time or space to fix it? It was the only really genuine moment that jerk face has had thus far. That was 100% real panic, and his Miss Teen South Carolina word salad response that somehow involved fashion approval choices and a green-sequin flashback... It's the nuance of shit like this that I have a hard time explaining to my non-watching friends, heh. 

I had a former boss who was convinced that all tall, skinny people were aliens. He told me they all had a "switch" of sort in their brains and one day their mother planet would turn it on and they would destroy us all. (This man was an executive, lol.) I always thought that boss a tad cray, but watching Raquel's lack of response to destroying the feelings of people she claimed she loved ... she might be an alien. Like, I want her to be an alien. Cuz that disconnected and cold is unsettling. 

Lala and James are both ridiculous but this show is ridiculous and Tom and Raquel deserve all the yelling. Nobody deserves death threats, but catching hell for devastating shit you do just because you are horrible? They still need some more of that. 

If I were James, I'd feel betrayed. But I also think the whole affair started pre-Rachella, so I'm in deep. 

I have a feeling the revelation will not be terribly shocking. It's Bravo. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1