Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: The Reunion, Part II

• Start Topic

(edited)
11 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

And, yes. Jax never tried to change everyone’s opinion and perception of Stassi. He was pretty honest about what a terrible boyfriend he was. He admitted on camera that he just tells women what they want to hear. 

Hear, hear! 👏 Been saying this all along. When people watch reality tv, they are not expecting to watch some fantasy of all perfect angels, as that is not reality.

But viewers do expect a generally speaking honest portrayal of self, within the first few months of filming. Did Theresa throw over a table? Yes, and viewers were fine with it bc it’s who she is, a hot tempered broad. Fine! Did Jax bring a harem of women to a boat party intended to celebrate Stassi’s bday? Yes! And it was hilarious bc he owned being a shady arse! People lost interest in Rinna as she did NOT “own anything “ whilst constantly telling others to! 

Tom & Rachel have not owned anything! Sobs, tears, lies all whilst denying being pathological liars! Raquel, you ARE a pathological liar! Deceiving your very close friend makes your friendship a grand lie. What’s wrong with her??? Whilst this scandal is interesting for now, her very flawed character should not grace our screens because there is nothing plausible about her for reality tv!

What people are not getting is that this is not about “cheating being cheating.” It’s about plausibility of characters. And when you cross the line as  Rinna did, and as Brandi had, viewers do lose interest.

Now DJ James is a great character. He is flawed but hilarious. He has shown growth since he was 21. He brings raw emotions to the screen, which makes for great reality tv.

IMO Rachel is now horrid for reality tv, bc she’s lost the plot. Perhaps she could act on a soap opera as they have different criteria; she could stick to a script. IMO, now There is zero credibility so no coming back for her, because of the massive and constant lies, she is simply not ever going to be credible. She’s crossed that line. So what would be the point of watching her?

There is something really wrong with someone who was constantly following Ally around & inserting herself to warn her about James, all the whilst behaving rather unscrupulously herself. 
My2cents

Edited by lili45
  • Like 9
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, lili45 said:

Have you seen his shirtless posing when on stage? Completely egotistical!

Don’t forget his very important brand. Snark ;)

Do not be surprised if Tom gets sued during his tour.

It is one thing to sing a song at a Karaoke bar, it is another to sing a set of songs that you do not own on a tour.

There are very strict copyright laws. Payments have to made to the record label that owns the song as well as in some cases the original artist. You also have to ask permission in changing lyrics.

On YouTube there are many people that post videos of songs they cover - they can not monetize them. Meaning they can't make any money from the video posted - they can't receive money from the ads that may run. They can not sell copies of their rendition of a song.

So if Tom is singing a total of 10 songs that are not owned by him - he owes a lot of people a lot of money.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 1
(edited)

It is one thing to sing a song at a Karaoke bar, it is another to sing a set of songs that you do not own on a tour.

There are very strict copyright laws. Payments have to made to the record label that owns the song as well as in some cases the original artist. You also have to ask permission in changing lyrics.

On YouTube there are many people that post videos of songs they cover - they can not monetize them. Meaning they can't make any money from the video posted - they can't receive money from the ads that may run. They can not sell copies of their rendition of a song.

So if Tom is singing a total of 10 songs that are not owned by him - he owes a lot of people a lot of money.

I don't think Tom's band can get in any copyright trouble for playing cover songs in a live setting (or for changing the words). I'm no expert (but I live with a former touring musician--no one famous!), but I think it's the venues that need to cover that kind of copyright stuff, not the artists; I'm pretty sure a band can play whatever they want on stage, planned or unplanned, should the urge strike.

Also, I don't know that an average cover band would be able to sustain itself if this were the case (they'd end up owing money for playing gigs...not that some don't anyway, depending on whether the place comps their booze, haha!).

Unrelated: why the holy fuck is there an ad below showing a deceased mouse with its poor head in a fucking trap? What the fuck, man? Cruel and disgusting.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 7

Geez, Howie Mandel really wants to let Sandoval off the hook for all of the bad behavior.

Sandoval wanted a therapist to help him break up with Ariana, but instead the therapy helped Ariana understand what Sandoval needed from her. She began treating him the way he has always wanted her to treat him. 

He insists that they were no longer a couple when she looked at his phone. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 1
59 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Geez, Howie Mandel really wants to let Sandoval off the hook for all of the bad behavior.

Sandoval wanted a therapist to help him break up with Ariana, but instead the therapy helped Ariana understand what Sandoval needed from her. She began treating him the way he has always wanted her to treat him. 

He insists that they were no longer a couple when she looked at his phone. 

Oh really, Sandy. Then why was Ariana there!? We’ve seen your pathetic

claims of “attempts-to-break-up”…sure….!

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 1

OMG

On reunion Part 2, they discuss Scheana's wedding. As well as Sandoval claiming that he had a one night stand with Raquel and they stopped and didn't start again until much later.

Gonna blow it out of the water. Jenny Ting is a friend of the VPR cast and she has been around for years. I've seen her at several of Scheana's events inclusive of the wedding in Mexico.

So Raquel, once she broke off with James, Ariana or Scheana or one of their mutual fiends would pick up the tab for Raquel because Raquel has NO money - her parents do so I guess they don't give her much or add Professional Moocher to Raquel's resume.

Anyway, Jenny Ting was going to Scheana's wedding and already had booked and paid for her room in advance. At the last minute, her husband wasn't going to attend so she told Raquel you can stay with me. Raquel waited until they landed to tell Jenny you can't be in the room past a certain time because Bravo production said so. Jenny said I'll just hide my belongings it shouldn't be a problem. Then Raquel got back to her and said Production is saying you can't be in the room at all. This is a room Jenny paid for!!!! So Jenny got another room. Raquel is slick enough to pull this outright lie off. Scheana retold this story because she is realizing that Raquel and Tom needed a fuck pad, they couldn't do it in Ariana & Tom's room. Several friends of Scheana have come out since to say they saw Raquel making out with Tom...and they all assumed it was Schwartz. Recently those friends said it was the Tom with a mustache.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 1
21 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

OMG

On reunion Part 2, they discuss Scheana's wedding. As well as Sandoval claiming that he had a one night stand with Raquel and they stopped and didn't start again until much later.

Gonna blow it out of the water. Jenny Ting is a friend of the VPR cast and she has been around for years. I've seen her at several of Scheana's events inclusive of the wedding in Mexico.

So Raquel, once she broke off with James, Ariana or Scheana or one of their mutual fiends would pick up the tab for Raquel because Raquel has NO money - her parents do so I guess they don't give her much or add Professional Moocher to Raquel's resume.

Anyway, Jenny Ting was going to Scheana's wedding and already had booked and paid for her room in advance. At the last minute, her husband wasn't going to attend so she told Raquel you can stay with me. Raquel waited until they landed to tell Jenny you can't be in the room past a certain time because Bravo production said so. Jenny said I'll just hide my belongings it shouldn't be a problem. Then Raquel got back to her and said Production is saying you can't be in the room at all. This is a room Jenny paid for!!!! So Jenny got another room. Raquel is slick enough to pull this outright lie off. Scheana retold this story because she is realizing that Raquel and Tom needed a fuck pad, they couldn't do it in Ariana & Tom's room. Several friends of Scheana have come out since to say they saw Raquel making out with Tom...and they all assumed it was Schwartz. Recently those friends said it was the Tom with a mustache.

giphy.gif

Raquel must get paid something for being on VPR. I get she may not be paid as much as the others but has to get paid something.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, chlban said:
25 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Raquel must get paid something for being on VPR. I get she may not be paid as much as the others but has to get paid something.

I agree...so is she just really bad with money or a professional moocher?

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Sorry to go there. But I am beginning to wonder if Rachel behaves like a regular human being when she is having sexual intercourse.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the Leviss 1994 was not Y2K compliant.

Am I the only one beginning to think she's more this?

giphy.gif

• Applause 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

And, yes. Jax never tried to change everyone’s opinion and perception of Stassi. He was pretty honest about what a terrible boyfriend he was. He admitted on camera that he just tells women what they want to hear. 

But he wasn't honest in season 1 until all of their mutual friends had turned against Stassi because she believed the Vegas story.  He didn't need to try to make her look worse because everyone took his side.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

OMG

giphy.gif

Wow! More gall from this one. Too bad Jenny was too nice to say, “Oh no! Now you will have to pay for your own room because this one is mine.”

I don’t believe she has no money. She must be getting a salary from the show, right? Perhaps she uses it to buy those fug crop tops?

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
16 minutes ago, Jel said:

Wow! More gall from this one. Too bad Jenny was too nice to say, “Oh no! Now you will have to pay for your own room because this one is mine.”

I don’t believe she has no money. She must be getting a salary from the show, right? Perhaps she uses it to buy those fug crop tops?

Weirdest fashion sense of late, yes! And strange cut out tops which do not flatter her strong body. 

6 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

OMG

giphy.gif

Shocking & not shocking as she reveals true cunning self, wow. Next level stunt move

• Like 6
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

OMG

giphy.gif

Wait, is this related to the drama over someone not being able to get a room and Katie refusing to give hers up?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, princelina said:

But he wasn't honest in season 1 until all of their mutual friends had turned against Stassi because she believed the Vegas story.  He didn't need to try to make her look worse because everyone took his side.

Exactly. Jax lied for a whole season, Katie and Kristen believed him, and isolated Stassi. He was not honest unless he was exposed, or had a reason to be.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
(edited)
On 6/4/2023 at 1:08 PM, lili45 said:

Hear, hear! 👏 Been saying this all along. When people watch reality tv, they are not expecting to watch some fantasy of all perfect angels, as that is not reality.

But viewers do expect a generally speaking honest portrayal of self, within the first few months of filming. Did Theresa throw over a table? Yes, and viewers were fine with it bc it’s who she is, a hot tempered broad. Fine! Did Jax bring a harem of women to a boat party intended to celebrate Stassi’s bday? Yes! And it was hilarious bc he owned being a shady arse! People lost interest in Rinna as she did NOT “own anything “ whilst constantly telling others to! 

Tom & Rachel have not owned anything! Sobs, tears, lies all whilst denying being pathological liars! Raquel, you ARE a pathological liar! Deceiving your very close friend makes your friendship a grand lie. What’s wrong with her??? Whilst this scandal is interesting for now, her very flawed character should not grace our screens because there is nothing plausible about her for reality tv!

What people are not getting is that this is not about “cheating being cheating.” It’s about plausibility of characters. And when you cross the line as  Rinna did, and as Brandi had, viewers do lose interest.

Now DJ James is a great character. He is flawed but hilarious. He has shown growth since he was 21. He brings raw emotions to the screen, which makes for great reality tv.

IMO Rachel is now horrid for reality tv, bc she’s lost the plot. Perhaps she could act on a soap opera as they have different criteria; she could stick to a script. IMO, now There is zero credibility so no coming back for her, because of the massive and constant lies, she is simply not ever going to be credible. She’s crossed that line. So what would be the point of watching her?

There is something really wrong with someone who was constantly following Ally around & inserting herself to warn her about James, all the whilst behaving rather unscrupulously herself. 
My2cents

James didn't show any growth. He was a little more careful not to call everybody fat on tv. But he fought with Ally this season and was thrown out of a club (Canyon Club) by security, and he threw beer (?) on Schwartz at the beach. I can't imagine what he does off tv. He is 31. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 5
On 6/3/2023 at 10:09 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Some on reddit believe as soon as they opened TomTom, it really inflated Sandoval’s already massive ego. Also, the attention he received when he was touring with his band. There’s a very good chance he would have continued this arrangement for years, if Ariana had not looked at his camera roll. Ariana served a purpose. Rachel served another. He would continue to hook up with random fans. 

I think his ego became inflated immediately after the first season started airing. The Miami Girl hook up was mentioned on the first episode of S3, so it happened after S2 was filmed. He was already famous for groupies to want to be with him. The more time passed, the more successful Sandoval became (and well-off), so his ego became more, and more inflated. 

I doubt he had more than a few one night stands all these years because affairs are exposed easily as we can see with the one with Raquel.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I just realized Raquel likes to insert herself into other couples relationships

We know abut the Tom/Ariana situation

We saw Lala and Oliver talking with Raquel between them. Per Lala they were talking about how they each had a young child. Lala made a comment before the club at dinner that he's her type and Raquel jumps in to get him.

We saw her chase Ally and James around multiple times and she said she never loved James and was already screwing Tom

But now we also hear she didn't want to sleep by herself in Vegas and asked Scheana if she could sleep with Scheana & Brock

We also saw the famous SUR alley scene where Katie is having a conversation with the Schmuck ex. Raquel already said more crazy shit to Katie and Katie's mom inside SUR. There was nothing left to say. Why did she INSIST on talking more to Katie while Katie was already taking to Schwartz? At that point no one knew about her and Sandoval, so was she jabbing at Katie to say hey I can have your man any time I want him?

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

I just realized Raquel likes to insert herself into other couples relationships

We know abut the Tom/Ariana situation

We saw Lala and Oliver talking with Raquel between them. Per Lala they were talking about how they each had a young child. Lala made a comment before the club at dinner that he's her type and Raquel jumps in to get him.

We saw her chase Ally and James around multiple times and she said she never loved James and was already screwing Tom

But now we also hear she didn't want to sleep by herself in Vegas and asked Scheana if she could sleep with Scheana & Brock

We also saw the famous SUR alley scene where Katie is having a conversation with the Schmuck ex. Raquel already said more crazy shit to Katie and Katie's mom inside SUR. There was nothing left to say. Why did she INSIST on talking more to Katie while Katie was already taking to Schwartz? At that point no one knew about her and Sandoval, so was she jabbing at Katie to say hey I can have your man any time I want him?

From where I sit, she likes to torpedo relationships. She was well aware of Katie’s feelings about anyone in the friend group making a play for Schwartz (although why anybody would do that is beyond me). Rachel is lucky that Katie had the self-control she did both with her mom and in the alley. Rachel was clearly trying to sabotage Alli and James by warning Alli about his behavior. That was NOT coming from a genuine place, IMO.

But what is truly unforgiveable to me is her insinuating herself into Ariana’s life by being a “good (but needy) friend,” and then turning around and bragging about how much more self-assured she is. News flash: Being more confident as a woman doesn’t include fucking over a friend while fucking her partner of damn near a decade.

Ben and Ronnie pretty much roasted her on her dumb bunny/dead eye routine, but there are many times when it’s clear she knows exactly what she’s doing (see: the intimate convo she had with Ariana at the bar. That should have been a huge 🚩).

I hope the pile on tomorrow night is epic since Sandoval and she will be on the same stage at the same time. And Lisa? Just butt the hell out. This is not your fight and trying to defend Sandoval on any level is not a good look. TIA.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

We also saw the famous SUR alley scene where Katie is having a conversation with the Schmuck ex. Raquel already said more crazy shit to Katie and Katie's mom inside SUR. There was nothing left to say. Why did she INSIST on talking more to Katie while Katie was already taking to Schwartz?

I just posted more on this in the episode thread. Discussed on Kristen's podcast.

Janet Elizabeth, a good friend of the cast, told Rachel to apologize to Katie at the finale party after Rachel was so rude to Katie and her mom. Rachel immediately went out back of Sur to talk to Katie and Janet was like “I didn’t mean to do it now while she’s talking to Schwartz!”

I thought I didn't want to see these two and the monkey on the show next season. I've since changed my mind. Castmates most likely will shun or put them in their place now that their masks have been destroyed. Can't see them getting a good edit even if they are filmed in India taking Mother Theresa's place.

On the other hand, imagine a full season of sulking, screaming, victim sandy.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Ben and Ronnie were on fire on the Watch What Crappens podcast. Nobody was spared and their takedowns of Sandoval, James, Lala, and Rachel…😂

They must have really enjoyed LVP telling a crying Lala, “This is the Lala we’d like to see more of, the vulnerable, softer side… “

The broken bird!

• Like 2
  • LOL 10
4 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

They must have really enjoyed LVP telling a crying Lala, “This is the Lala we’d like to see more of, the vulnerable, softer side… “

The broken bird!

Yes, they did go off on this, LOL! Honestly, they sounded pissed about what they were watching. Nobody got off lightly.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Not that this has anything to do with “scandoval,” but is Kelly — as in Christina Kelly — a last name or a middle name? Or the second half of a first name? Just trying to figure out why everyone always says “Christina Kelly.”

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Not that this has anything to do with “scandoval,” but is Kelly — as in Christina Kelly — a last name or a middle name? Or the second half of a first name? Just trying to figure out why everyone always says “Christina Kelly.”

I believe Kelly is her last name.  I'm thinking there was another Christina that worked at Sur in the early days so maybe they used her last name to differentiate?  Also it's kind of pleasing to the tongue to use the alliteration of "Kristina Kelly" lol.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)
On 6/3/2023 at 7:27 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Someone on reddit pointed out that Sandoval said the same thing to Kristen, when he was trying to push her to move on with her life, “I will always love you….” while “sobbing.”

The episode was shown recently on Bravo. Most of the cast was in Miami for Scheana and Michael Shay's bachelor and bachelorette parties (it's always Miami, isn't it?), and Sandoval was crying the same way he was crying at Lisa Vanderpump's house a few months ago, after the affair was exposed.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Ben and Ronnie pretty much roasted her on her dumb bunny/dead eye routine, but there are many times when it’s clear she knows exactly what she’s doing (see: the intimate convo she had with Ariana at the bar. That should have been a huge 🚩).

Say What?!?

giphy.gif

• LOL 6

On one of the one on ones Andy asks Tom when did the affair start

Tom says they hooked up for the first time the night at the Abbey after which they stopped completely and then didn't start again until the season wrapped at Life Is Beautiful.

Well, we kniw that's a complete lie because they were hooking up at Scheana's wedding in Jenny Tings hijacked room

Many of the pictures - still shots are from Scheana's Vlog

Here is video of the Life Is Beautiful Festival in Vegas (Warning lots of the Skanky & Scummy)

• Like 4
On 6/2/2023 at 5:19 AM, Drogo said:

Also respectfully disagree.  If we honor someone’s identity because it’s the right thing to do, not because it’s the polite (or legal) thing to do, whether they’re a nice person or not is irrelevant. 

“Raquel” it is for me. 

I guess I should be specific, If her "real" friends, long time acquaintances, and family call her Raquel, great. Raquel she is. But when she's only known as Raquel by the VPR community, it's not the same 

• Like 6
On 6/4/2023 at 4:33 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Cover bands can sing anything live.  If he records the songs and sells the recordings, then there is a rights issue.  But cover bands have been singing other band songs since the beginning of time.

19 hours ago, Gharlane said:

Wait, is this related to the drama over someone not being able to get a room and Katie refusing to give hers up?

I feel like that was a friend of Scheana who couldn’t afford her room, this story is a person who already had a room booked, but I’m not really buying that she was going to “share” her room but then Raquel was telling her she couldn’t sleep there.  That makes zero sense.. 

On 6/2/2023 at 7:19 AM, Drogo said:

Also respectfully disagree.  If we honor someone’s identity because it’s the right thing to do, not because it’s the polite (or legal) thing to do, whether they’re a nice person or not is irrelevant. 

“Raquel” it is for me. 

Thank you.  If someone has a preferred way of being identified, it’s not right to not respect that.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

In the WWHL After Show, James insists that Ally did not stalk him the way Rachel did. He claims that her friend Zach, who is a fan of the show, wanted to see James. He didn’t want to go alone, so Ally went with him to support her friend.

• Useful 5
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Cover bands can sing anything live.  If he records the songs and sells the recordings, then there is a rights issue.  But cover bands have been singing other band songs since the beginning of time.

I feel like that was a friend of Scheana who couldn’t afford her room, this story is a person who already had a room booked, but I’m not really buying that she was going to “share” her room but then Raquel was telling her she couldn’t sleep there.  That makes zero sense.. 

Thank you.  If someone has a preferred way of being identified, it’s not right to not respect that.  

In personal encounters, sure, but can we keep in mind that this is a forum where we snark about people on tv shows? Why should Rachel be treated any differently in this forum than any other tv show personality?

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
8 hours ago, ZettaK said:

The episode was shown recently on Bravo. Most of the cast was in Miami for Scheana and Michael Shay's bachelor and bachelorette parties (it's always Miami, isn't it?), and Sandoval was crying the same way he was crying at Lisa Vanderpump's house a few months ago, after the affair was exposed.

If you have the time, I highly recommend watching previous seasons. Definitely previews of coming attractions. Sandoval’s tears were fake then, just as they’re fake now.

Miami. “Nothing good happens in Miami” — Charli. “Nope.” — Ariana. Last year’s reunion.

• Like 6
On 6/3/2023 at 11:41 PM, KungFuBunny said:

I don't think you can say "that didn't happen" as you weren't there

I said what I think happened - not having physically been at the scene.

As for it "that's not how it was explained by anyone"

I believe what Scheana said happened OVER the Douche & The Demon who have been lying about an affair for 8 months any day - every day - all day

Although I understand Scheana was angry because she let Raquel stay at her apartment, she supported her, and defended her, she didn't say that Raquel touched her first (eg. her arm) immediately after the incident. She only said that she shoved Raquel and threw her phone away.

(edited)
8 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Cover bands can sing anything live.  If he records the songs and sells the recordings, then there is a rights issue.  But cover bands have been singing other band songs since the beginning of time

Ironically, Sandoval was promoting the drop of his band's original (and not cover) song Superstars on March 1st when Ariana took his phone, and saw the recording of Raquel’s FaceTime. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 1

Heh. Kristen Doute’s podcast:

The reason Ariana slept so well the night before the recording of the reunion was because this was the first time Sandoval wasn’t hounding her, trying to coach and micromanage her, hammering her to remember what he would allow her to say on camera.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
6 hours ago, Jel said:

In personal encounters, sure, but can we keep in mind that this is a forum where we snark about people on tv shows? Why should Rachel be treated any differently in this forum than any other tv show personality?

Calling her Rachel is treating her differently.  Most folks won’t use dead names for people- regardless of whether they have legally changed their name yet (or plan to.) 

It’s hypocritical that someone as “enlightened” as Ariana claims to be would casually throw that name around.  There’s enough terrible behavior to go after Raquel for without dismissing her chosen identity. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
39 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Calling her Rachel is treating her differently.  Most folks won’t use dead names for people- regardless of whether they have legally changed their name yet (or plan to.) 

It’s hypocritical that someone as “enlightened” as Ariana claims to be would casually throw that name around.  There’s enough terrible behavior to go after Raquel for without dismissing her chosen identity. 

That is not my understanding of “dead naming “.  To me, that term applies to a person who is in the process of transitioning, or who has transitioned, not to someone who wants a more exotic sounding name. Maybe Ariana feels the same? 

I am seriously interested, with respect to posting in this forum, why Raquel leviss would be entitled to special treatment. I’m pretty sure she’s been called far worse than  Rachel. I don’t see objections to Tom, who I assume prefers to be called Tom, being called Flat Iron or Scamdovol etc. Or James, who I assume prefers to be called James, being referred to as DJ Muppet Baby, etc. 

I think she’s, among other things, a huge phony, and calling her Rachel is a tidy way of saying so. That’s where I’m coming from, can’t speak for anyone else of course, but from reading here, I get the impression that is why others call her that as well.

• Like 8
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jel said:

2 hours ago, Drogo said:

Expand  

That is not my understanding of “dead naming “.  To me, that term applies to a person who is in the process of transitioning, or who has transitioned, not to someone who wants a more exotic sounding name. Maybe Ariana feels the same? 

Dead names aren’t specific to the transgendered community, names are changed for many traumatic reasons. For example someone whose parent gave them away at birth or someone who’s been in an abusive relationship (both of which Raquel has been) might consider their birth name distressing. 

None of it means she’s an innocent in her current circumstances, but for me personally it would be wrong to call her by a name she doesn't appear to have used since at least childhood. 

Edited by Drogo
  • Like 4
(edited)

I mean no offense

Are we seriously having a debate on a message board about a Reality TV show on which we all go by our Avatar names but should be insulted if we were to be called by another name or our birth name?

giphy.gif

Raquel sucks ass!

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 4
4 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Are we seriously having a debate on a message board about a Reality TV show on which we all go by our Avatar names but should be insulted if we were to be called by another name or our birth name?

I believe the equivalent would be if my avatar used to be Daenerys and I changed it to Drogo following the trauma of GoT S8 but someone insisted on calling me Daenerys because they don't like me.  It would just be rude.  

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I believe the equivalent would be if my avatar used to be Daenerys and I changed it to Drogo following the trauma of GoT S8 but someone insisted on calling me Daenerys because they don't like me.  It would just be rude.  

I’m going to preface this again to say I mean no offense. I respect your opinion. I also believe you have every right to your opinion as does anyone else on these boards.

I am going to take the analogy you’ve given. Prior to posting on these last few threads of VPR, I took a 2 year hiatus from these boards, this is the absolute truth my last post was May of 2021. Let’s say I remembered you as Danerys. I might have asked you if you used to be Danerys. Had you replied back and said something like please don’t call me that, I would never mention it again. It would only be at that point that I know it's a sensitive subject. I would have no idea that it traumatizes you. Let’s say there’s a crazy out of control board fight, and now I really don’t like you. I most likely would just put you on ignore, but let’s say theoretically I don’t…I could see calling you Danerys to poke at you, but I wouldn’t if I knew it traumatized you.

This is just my opinion. I don’t know Raquel – I watch her on a TV show. Did I like her before Scandoval – my opinion of her was – meh. I love Ronnie and Ben’s impersonation of her. I don’t like her now and I don’t think it’s a big deal to call her Rachel. If Ariana or Lala or Scheana or Katie call her that because they know it bothers her, I think it’s the most innocuous name they've called her. I never heard Raquel say publicly that being called Rachel bothers her or traumatizes her due to past abuse. If I were her, I’d take Rachel over being called a C U next Tuesday by Katie.

Group hug!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1

100% respectfully agree to disagree, KFB.  People think differently, and that's what makes horse races.

If someone introduces themselves to me as James T. Kirk but I find out later that their legal name is Bill Shatner, I don't need them to tell me not to call them Bill Shatner and lay their trauma or reasoning at my feet for me to decide whether it's a good enough reason.  I can just as easily call them James T. Kirk because clearly that's their preferred name. 
b2238cb1885aaad931aff92b3814b01d.gif

^Good enough for me. 

Thinking of this Part III "bombshell" that might make castmembers not want to renew their contracts... and wondering if it might be that Raquel and Sandoval were already contracted to return.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
23 minutes ago, Drogo said:

100% respectfully agree to disagree, KFB.  People think differently, and that's what makes horse races.

If someone introduces themselves to me as James T. Kirk but I find out later that their legal name is Bill Shatner, I don't need them to tell me not to call them Bill Shatner and lay their trauma or reasoning at my feet for me to decide whether it's a good enough reason.  I can just as easily call them James T. Kirk because clearly that's their preferred name. 

^Good enough for me. 

Thinking of this Part III "bombshell" that might make castmembers not want to renew their contracts... and wondering if it might be that Raquel and Sandoval were already contracted to return.

I don't think we;re disagreeing. We're just looking at the same painting - but we both see something different or it evokes different emotions to each of us.

I love your posts as well as others on these boards - I crack the fuck up at your wit - I SEE you, I see your point, I respect your opinion. I love Star Trek. Let's walk drunkenly across these boards to the finish line

star-trek-zombie.gif

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, Drogo said:

^Good enough for me. 

Over at NY mag, a commenter speculated that it might be that all of the action is going to focus on TomTom and its staff, which could anger those who rightfully hate the Toms now because it draws attention to their restaurant. But Lisa and Ken hold the vast majority of ownership and didn't they take out some of their equity to help finance S&S?

• Like 2
  • Useful 2