Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: The Reunion, Part II

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, politichick said:

Over at NY mag, a commenter speculated that it might be that all of the action is going to focus on TomTom and its staff, which could anger those who rightfully hate the Toms now because it draws attention to their restaurant. But Lisa and Ken hold the vast majority of ownership and didn't they take out some of their equity to help finance S&S?

Do you mean that they announce next season they're going to focus on TomTom?

I've posted what I thought was going to be revealed and even if what I think is revealed - every single one of them would renew their contracts. The money is too lucrative and for most of them the other revenue streams they have are tied to being on the show.

• Like 8
5 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I've posted what I thought was going to be revealed and even if what I think is revealed - every single one of them would renew their contracts. The money is too lucrative and for most of them the other revenue streams they have are tied to being on the show.

Let's not forget they are all egomaniac famewhores.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
42 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Let's not forget they are all egomaniac famewhores.

Exactly!

No matter what it is, each and every one of them would come back. Whatever “it” is may cause a pause that would last about a NY minute.

They could reveal the affair began 9 years ago, they’d all come back.

They could demand that Ariana, Lala, Katie, Scheana interact with the Toms & Raquel, on camera, multiple times, they’d ask where do I sign.

They could tell Sandoval he can’t wear any more Siegfried and Roy outfits or forbid the use of any hair product…he’d sign

Lala could find out that the day Schwartz went to play pickleball with Randal, it was filmed. It could be revealed that Pickles and Balls were played with, just not on a court….give me a sec….I just threw up in my mouth. Lala would sign

That last one is making me feel

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
10 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

the day Schwartz went to play pickleball with Randal, it was filmed. It could be revealed that Pickles and Balls were played with, just not on a court….

vanderpump-rules.gif

• LOL 7
15 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

They could reveal the affair began 9 years ago, they’d all come back.

And that James "The #6 #3 #1 Guy In The Group" Kennedy was a willing participant.  

we-are-deffo-boning.gif

• LOL 5
5 hours ago, Jel said:

That is not my understanding of “dead naming “.  To me, that term applies to a person who is in the process of transitioning, or who has transitioned, not to someone who wants a more exotic sounding name. Maybe Ariana feels the same? 

I am seriously interested, with respect to posting in this forum, why Raquel Leviss would be entitled to special treatment. I’m pretty sure she’s been called far worse than  Rachel. I don’t see objections to Tom, who I assume prefers to be called Tom, being called Flat Iron or Scamdovol etc. Or James, who I assume prefers to be called James, being referred to as DJ Muppet Baby, etc. 

I think she’s, among other things, a huge phony, and calling her Rachel is a tidy way of saying so. That’s where I’m coming from, can’t speak for anyone else of course, but from reading here, I get the impression that is why others call her that as well.

100%!!!!!

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Drogo said:

Thinking of this Part III "bombshell" that might make castmembers not want to renew their contracts... and wondering if it might be that Raquel and Sandoval were already contracted to return.

I speculated earlier that based on something the Toms said that Schwartz didn't just kiss Raquchel. 🤷‍♂️ 

51 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Lala could find out that the day Schwartz went to play pickleball with Randal, it was filmed. It could be revealed that Pickles and Balls were played with, just not on a court….give me a sec….I just threw up in my mouth. Lala would sign

Oh no! Schwartz cheated on Sandoval? 😲

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, politichick said:

Over at NY mag, a commenter speculated that it might be that all of the action is going to focus on TomTom and its staff, which could anger those who rightfully hate the Toms now because it draws attention to their restaurant. But Lisa and Ken hold the vast majority of ownership and didn't they take out some of their equity to help finance S&S?

After the first few seasons of VPR, I know Bravo discussed having 2 shows, one VPR with new staff, and another show with aspects of the VPR OG's real lives. It didn't work for Bravo. While none of the VPR OG's still worked at SUR - the show is called Vanderpump Rules. VPR worked because the cast really knew each other and are in each others lives when the cameras are off. Lisa is hanging onto this goldmine. We've seen VPR try to add many new people to the show, but the only ones that have stuck are James, Lala, Brittney, Raquel. Vanderpump Rules wouldn't survive if it were only the Tom's and Raquel, plus new VPR cast were added - I'm not saying people wouldn't watch - the ratings would suffer and the show wouldn't last.

An additional show, let's say Katie, Ariana, Scheana, Brock, James, Ally, even throw in a few of the oldies - Jax/Brittney, Kristen, Stassi/Beau - I would love to see them showing what they really do, I'm sick of VPR's long running commercial showing TomToms, SUR, or any business du jour Lisa crams down our throats - but for reality TV - it's boring. I do think people would watch, I would - but I don't think it would bring enough ratings to survive for more than 2 years.

If the Toms public image keeps going in in downward direction, don't be surprised if LVP changes the name of TomToms to TeamAriana. That bitch gonna protect her asset.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 6/5/2023 at 12:00 PM, ZettaK said:

The Miami Girl hook up was mentioned on the first episode of S3, so it happened after S2 was filmed.

Also, if I recall correctly, the majority of fandom broke on the side of Tom and Ariana, because Kristen's behavior was so completely over the top and after the Jax reveal, she didn't exactly have the moral high ground.  Whatever Arianna might have been when she initially hooked up with Tom, she was not a part of the "friend" group except for the occasional appearance with Scheana by herself.  

19 hours ago, ZettaK said:

The episode was shown recently on Bravo. Most of the cast was in Miami for Scheana and Michael Shay's bachelor and bachelorette parties (it's always Miami, isn't it?), and Sandoval was crying the same way he was crying at Lisa Vanderpump's house a few months ago, after the affair was exposed.

Yeah - wonder how many times he reran that episode to make sure to hit the correct points at the reunion.  

• Like 5
28 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

After the first few seasons of VPR, I know Bravo discussed having 2 shows, one VPR with new staff, and another show with aspects of the VPR OG's real lives. It didn't work for Bravo. While none of the VPR OG's still worked at SUR - the show is called Vanderpump Rules. VPR worked because the cast really knew each other and are in each others lives when the cameras are off. Lisa is hanging onto this goldmine. We've seen VPR try to add many new people to the show, but the only ones that have stuck are James, Lala, Brittney, Raquel. Vanderpump Rules wouldn't survive if it were only the Tom's and Raquel, plus new VPR cast were added - I'm not saying people wouldn't watch - the ratings would suffer and the show wouldn't last.

An additional show, let's say Katie, Ariana, Scheana, Brock, James, Ally, even throw in a few of the oldies - Jax/Brittney, Kristen, Stassi/Beau - I would love to see them showing what they really do, I'm sick of VPR's long running commercial showing TomToms, SUR, or any business du jour Lisa crams down our throats - but for reality TV - it's boring. I do think people would watch, I would - but I don't think it would bring enough ratings to survive for more than 2 years.

If the Toms public image keeps going in in downward direction, don't be surprised if LVP changes the name of TomToms to TeamAriana. That bitch gonna protect her asset.

The OG cast wanted a spinoff with them showcasing their new lives as married couples not working at any of Lisa Vanderpump's restaurants anymore. That's the exact reason almost all bought houses right next to each other in Valley Village (Sandoval and Ariana, Schwartz and Katie, Jax and Brittany), or near it (Kristen). It didn't happen because the producers considered such a setting boring. 

As for the cast, they would sign for a new season, it wouldn't matter how shocking a revelation could be.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
39 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

I speculated earlier that based on something the Toms said that Schwartz didn't just kiss Raquchel. 🤷‍♂️ 

Oh no! Schwartz cheated on Sandoval? 😲

It could be revealed that the Toms and Raquel are a throuple.

I'd stay tuned next season to watch Katie and her talons rip out Raquel's uterus.

giphy.gif

***Disclaimer: No Reality TV personality was harmed by this post.***

• LOL 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, politichick said:

The show has to film at TomTom, SUR (and S&S) because Pump will close in July.

I believe the Toms took all of their initial investment ($100,000) out of TomTom.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, ZettaK said:

The show has to film at TomTom (and S&S) because Pump will close in July, and TomTom is going to be Lisa's only restaurant in LA. 

I believe the Toms took all of their initial investment ($100,000) out of TomTom.

Isn't SUR still open?  They could split filming between TomTom, SUR and Something About Her - I think if the sandwich shop ever opens, it would become a prime filming spot, especially for the girls.

I hate speculating about this stuff, because who knows at this point?? 

• Like 3

Watching old seasons; seems Tom has been complaining about lack of sex for a long time. Similarly, Ariana has been responding that she needs companionship and intimacy and togetherness in order to be on the same page.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

Isn't SUR still open?  They could split filming between TomTom, SUR and Something About Her - I think if the sandwich shop ever opens, it would become a prime filming spot, especially for the girls.

I hate speculating about this stuff, because who knows at this point?? 

Sorry, yes, SUR is still open. Something About Her will be open when the new season starts filming.

On 6/5/2023 at 12:50 PM, ZettaK said:

James didn't show any growth. He was a little more careful not to call everybody fat on tv. But he fought with Ally this season and was thrown out of a club (Canyon Club) by security, and he threw beer (?) on Schwartz at the beach. I can't imagine what he does off tv. He is 31. 

Respectfully disagree. I didn’t state that he was flawless and perfect. However when he’s not pepped up he has made statements which have been rather mature.

• Like 5
44 minutes ago, lili45 said:

Respectfully disagree. I didn’t state that he was flawless and perfect. However when he’s not pepped up he has made statements which have been rather mature.

I agree. James has shown growth. He still has a long way to go. But I have seen an improvement. If he could control how much he drinks/uses substances, it’d help.

• Like 7
4 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Watching old seasons; seems Tom has been complaining about lack of sex for a long time. Similarly, Ariana has been responding that she needs companionship and intimacy and togetherness in order to be on the same page.

Yes that's what I thought too.  Too bad she ruined her own point with more memorable nonsense like not having sex because she was ashamed of her "ugly vagina".  (3 seasons after she and Tom became a couple 🙄 )

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, princelina said:

Yes that's what I thought too.  Too bad she ruined her own point with more memorable nonsense like not having sex because she was ashamed of her "ugly vagina".  (3 seasons after she and Tom became a couple 🙄 )

I don't want to judge sound judgmental if Ariana seriously has body issues. I know a lot of women can be self-conscious of various things when they're first intimate with someone or if their bodies change after having a baby or something. But how does one suddenly have an ugly vagina? lol

• Like 4
1 minute ago, RealHousewife said:

I don't want to judge sound judgmental if Ariana seriously has body issues. I know a lot of women can be self-conscious of various things when they're first intimate with someone or if their bodies change after having a baby or something. But how does one suddenly have an ugly vagina? lol

This is why you need to watch old seasons!  BUt wait until you have some time off work - they suck you in 😂. She claimed it was a former boyfriend who told her her vagina was ugly, but as I said it was several seasons after she and Tom moved in together.  If you binge watch you will also catch that she tells her therapist that she can't expose any part of her skin without full body makeup, but about 5 episodes later she's twerking away in a thong.  (As she does often throughout the series.) Then towards the end of the season she goes to get her pubes lasered off.  As people with ugly vaginas do, she took several of her friends and a camera crew to film her spread-eagled on the table.  Since you're new to this I'll repeat what I've said before - I think her "body image issues" are BS and a way for her to make herself interesting on the show.  I say the same in following seasons about her "bisexuality" and her "mental health" and "suicide" issues.  Although this season I'm sure she was actually depressed due to the deaths of her grandma and little dog, but she's a bit of a boy who cried wolf.  However - on a side note she HAS, repeatedly, throughout the seasons, said that if she and Tom aren't spending time together then she's not up for sexy times.  So I do believe that part is true.

Just for your fun:  Ariana joined the cast in season 3, and spent her first couple seasons (before she decided the Sad Sack Victim was the way to go) announcing that she was cooler, prettier and smarter than Tom's ex Kristen, everyone one the cast, and indeed once she said smarter than "any other person I know"! 😳. So knowing that in advance you can enjoy her cameo in season 1 as a backup dancer for Scheana when she performs in a nightclub 😂😂😂

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
(edited)

I don’t think she “ruined her point,” as I don’t think those things are necessarily related. People with body dysmorphia and self esteem issues and depression* don’t feel only one kind of way always. Confidence, for example, can come and go (to grossly oversimplify). It’s why, fairly often, people with esteem issues can appear to be super-confident or people with body issues like to wear revealing clothes. My point was that this intimacy info wasn’t new to Tom (who is wrong in this situation regardless of whether she loves or hates her vagina or whether she twerked while also hating her body).

I don’t think Ariana seems particularly intelligent or particularly dumb (and I don’t care). But why would dancing with Scheana in a nightclub be an indication of one or the other?

*I don’t feel comfortable or remotely qualified to assume a stranger’s mental health issues are fake for TV. Also, I guess I don’t care very much about that either, especially since she seems to be OK. Maybe she’s had therapy and feels better. 

TL;DR: Tom’s “no sex” excuse is dumb; he’s known what she wants and needs for years.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, lili45 said:

Mature statements like what?

I forgot his immature, although funny call to Raquel after the exposure of the affair. And poopy head, and worm with a mustache are not mature statements. He also jumped into a relationship with Ally to show Raquel.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Drogo said:

I believe the equivalent would be if my avatar used to be Daenerys and I changed it to Drogo following the trauma of GoT S8 but someone insisted on calling me Daenerys because they don't like me.  It would just be rude.  

But can we call you Rachel? 😜

I appreciate your analogy, but wouldn’t it be more like that name calling would be on another board, where we talk about posters on this board? One where you would have to actively search out these mofos who are calling you whatever name you no longer want to be called?

That is my point — if we were interacting with Rach personally, then, yes, I agree it would be rude to address her as Rachel. I wouldn’t do it; I doubt anyone here would either. But we are not talking to her; we’re here, snarking on a snark board. And one where many of the people we are talking about get some pretty nasty, often hilarious nicknames, and no one objects. No one ever objects. Like never, ever. Until now.

I have seen a number of posts on this particular topic, from several posters, not just you, and some are kind of shame-y posts, suggesting, implying or outright saying it’s bad manners, “low class”, rude mean and wrong to call her Rachel. 

Would “dumbfuck” be better than “Rachel”?  Would that be less objectionable? (Cheeky meter set to maximum)

True confession: I do wonder if people really, actually believe this, or are just trying to win an Internet argument. I mean respect either way, but seriously?

Guess I will chalk this one up to one of the great mysteries of life. And like KFB, I’m a big fan of your posts. :)

• Like 6
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 1
(edited)
On 6/6/2023 at 4:47 PM, KungFuBunny said:

It could be revealed that the Toms and Raquel are a throuple.

I'd stay tuned next season to watch Katie and her talons rip out Raquel's uterus.

giphy.gif

Yeah, that's my theory, based on what was said when she showed up at the end of this ep (or maybe it was in the "next time..." part) and one of them seemed to almost let something slip. I'd go back and look but I just don't have the time to obsess over it right now. 🤣

On 6/6/2023 at 7:06 PM, ZettaK said:

Sorry, yes, SUR is still open. Something About Her will be open when the new season starts filming.

But will S&S be open? 🤔

Edited by Gharlane
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, princelina said:

This is why you need to watch old seasons!  BUt wait until you have some time off work - they suck you in 😂. She claimed it was a former boyfriend who told her her vagina was ugly, but as I said it was several seasons after she and Tom moved in together.  If you binge watch you will also catch that she tells her therapist that she can't expose any part of her skin without full body makeup, but about 5 episodes later she's twerking away in a thong.  (As she does often throughout the series.) Then towards the end of the season she goes to get her pubes lasered off.  As people with ugly vaginas do, she took several of her friends and a camera crew to film her spread-eagled on the table.  Since you're new to this I'll repeat what I've said before - I think her "body image issues" are BS and a way for her to make herself interesting on the show.  I say the same in following seasons about her "bisexuality" and her "mental health" and "suicide" issues.  Although this season I'm sure she was actually depressed due to the deaths of her grandma and little dog, but she's a bit of a boy who cried wolf.  However - on a side note she HAS, repeatedly, throughout the seasons, said that if she and Tom aren't spending time together then she's not up for sexy times.  So I do believe that part is true.

Just for your fun:  Ariana joined the cast in season 3, and spent her first couple seasons (before she decided the Sad Sack Victim was the way to go) announcing that she was cooler, prettier and smarter than Tom's ex Kristen, everyone one the cast, and indeed once she said smarter than "any other person I know"! 😳. So knowing that in advance you can enjoy her cameo in season 1 as a backup dancer for Scheana when she performs in a nightclub 😂😂😂

Thank you for this detail, that’s something I didn’t know. Could she have been twerking to prove to herself that she was making progress with therapy? I have zero idea. 
is it possible that her prior beau was actually gay or not really interested in women? bc to tell someone that they have an ugly v is the lowest of low. Perhaps he was not attracted to women?? Just a thought. So sad that those ugly words traumatized her. I cannot imagine how that would impact me…

• Like 2
4 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Mature statements like what?

I forgot his immature, although funny call to Raquel after the exposure of the affair. And poopy head, and worm with a mustache are not mature statements. He also jumped into a relationship with Ally to show Raquel.

Yes these things are correct above, but I’m sorry I’m not able to quote him right now or provide transcript.. I remember being impressed on multiple occasions. I did state “when he’s not pepped” & above quotes occurred at reunion when he was so clearly “pepped.” As I said he’s not prefect or flawless, and “worm w mustache “ makes for iconic great tv. Throwing drinks way crosses the line. IMO we’re looking at substance issue, which I do certainly hope he can address.

Serious history of drug abuse in his family, likely exposed as a child. But sorry no transcript. Also, his quips make for great tv. Again I did not say he was perfect. Highly flawed but entertaining. Needs help w substances.

• Like 5

It ticks me off that Rachel receives a Bravo paycheck, yet seems to have no money. So her friends had to pay for her all the time.

There’s charity. There’s pity. But at some point, you’re not helping her by paying for everything. Twenty-seven years old. She needs to learn how to budget. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
(edited)

I'm just really confused as to why twerking is a barometer for how body conscious someone is. There are career dancers and gymnasts who have body image issues, so is it that farfetched that a "regular person" who once twerked on TV could also have them? 

As for James and maturity, I think he is capable of it, but he has issues that get in the way. But that's not what I wanted to say about James. I want to say that someone here a few episodes back posted that they loved when he immaturely called Raquel, seemed to get tired of the conversation, then said "Byyyyyyeeee!" in an exaggerated way. That kind of thing -- the "bye" -- is what makes me like James, because I laughed that night and I still laugh when I think about it!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
On 6/6/2023 at 8:02 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Heh. Kristen Doute’s podcast:

The reason Ariana slept so well the night before the recording of the reunion was because this was the first time Sandoval wasn’t hounding her, trying to coach and micromanage her, hammering her to remember what he would allow her to say on camera.

This is supposedly what he was doing to Rachel when he insisted “no cameras” outside the trailer, after Schwartz unintentionally (or intentionally, who knows) screwed up the timeline. The more I hear of Sandoval, he strikes me as being one manipulative and controlling MFer. Would anybody be surprised? He always has to be the one in control of the bars, so why not his relationships too? He’s been such a success at both.

That may be why he and Katie were always at each other’s throats. She wasn’t putting up with his bullying and always saw right through him.

Look for more details to leak out about Sandy’s and Ariana’s relationship the longer this controversy festers. 

1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

I'm just really confused as to why twerking is a barometer for how body conscious someone is. There are career dancers and gymnasts who have body image issues, so is it that farfetched that a "regular person" who once twerked on TV could also have them? 

As for James and maturity, I think he is capable of it, but he has issues that get in the way. But that's not what I wanted to say about James. I want to say that someone here a few episodes back posted that they loved when he immaturely called Raquel, seemed to get tired of the conversation, then said "Byyyyyyeeee!" in an exaggerated way. That kind of thing -- the "bye" -- is what makes me like James, because I laughed that night and I still laugh when I think about it!

I find James amusing as well — kind of like the court jester amid all the drama — but he is a mess because he won’t admit he has a drinking problem. He’s also a mean drunk. 

2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

It ticks me off that Rachel receives a Bravo paycheck, yet seems to have no money. So her friends had to pay for her all the time.

There’s charity. There’s pity. But at some point, you’re not helping her by paying for everything. Twenty-seven years old. She needs to learn how to budget. 

She needs to grow up. She’s obviously been spoiled all her life. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
8 hours ago, Jel said:

Would “dumbfuck” be better than “Rachel”?  Would that be less objectionable? (Cheeky meter set to maximum)

Yes.  I have lots of ideas for alternates, too. Including my buddy Chantel's go-to:

il_fullxfull.2057371400_tpxx.jpg 

8 hours ago, Jel said:

if we were interacting with Rach personally, then, yes, I agree it would be rude to address her as Rachel. I wouldn’t do it; I doubt anyone here would either.

8 hours ago, Jel said:

I have seen a number of posts on this particular topic, from several posters, not just you, and some are kind of shame-y posts, suggesting, implying or outright saying it’s bad manners, “low class”, rude mean and wrong to call her Rachel. 

For the record: I think every single member of the VPR cast is rude, mean, low class, badly-mannered.  They are also all getting increasingly latex-y in the face from season to season.

And I know I've said castmembers are hypocritical for delighting in using Raquel's birth name to her face, but I wouldn't call another PT poster rude or low class, etc. only that for me personally it's not a thing I'd do. 

Spoiler

If I saw a comment like this or was on the receiving end of one, I'd report it as the site doesn't allow personal attacks.  Report button is the triangle+exclamation point icon under each post.

9 hours ago, Jel said:

True confession: I do wonder if people really, actually believe this, or are just trying to win an Internet argument. I mean respect either way, but seriously?

No argument, no mystery, people have different opinions.  Experiences vary, and experiences shape perspective. I know mine are unique and that sometimes gives me UOs. 

Let's just say, hypothetically, that a father was abusive towards a mother for years and that within days of a new baby boy's birth, left the mother with a newborn and other small children, never to return, immediately started a different family with someone else, never supported the first mother financially, and that the whole experience left the mother in such a state that it was like no parents existed at all.  And let's say, hypothetically, that same father had chosen to name the baby boy Logan- and that he decided as a child he didn't want the name his father had given him so he started going by Luke- so widely that his Little League photos and 5th grade yearbooks reflected his name as Luke and only his birth cert/SS card retained the name Logan.  Later in life, he falls in love with a friend's girlfriend and they're found out, he loses all his friends, and they start calling him Logan out of spite.   

Raquel hasn't said that the name Rachel hurts her, but she's been open about her childhood- her mother found herself with an unwanted pregnancy, her sister had struggled with infertility and wanted a child, so she passed her off at birth- her biological mother didn't even attend her engagement party.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Drogo said:

Raquel hasn't said that the name Rachel hurts her, but she's been open about her childhood- her mother found herself with an unwanted pregnancy, her sister had struggled with infertility and wanted a child, so she passed her off at birth- her biological mother didn't even attend her engagement party.  

Raquel confuses the hell out of me, and I constantly need to remind myself that I don't think the way she thinks, therefore, while all of her behavior flabbergasts me, it seems to make sense to her. Words such as I'm sorry have come out of her mouth, but she has a smirk. Or Scheana is balling her eyes out and Raquel's looks at the screen with a bland affect

I couldn't imagine screwing my friend's man, let alone screwing my close friend's man. I can't imagine facing that friend or close friend on a daily/weekly basis for months and not end up with an ulcer and covered in hives.

Her background might explain certain things, but doesn't justify her actions. I wonder how old she was when she found out. I wonder what her relationship was with her aunt who turned out to be her biological mother and if it changed once she was told the truth.  I wonder how she felt knowing  her bio mother had 2 kids and didn't want her. I'd think her siblings knew all along because they are both at least 10 years older. I also know she was never close to the sister until VPR. How did these siblings treat her as a child?

I can see it being very confusing and as James said incestuousee. She didn't quite fit or belong somewhere specific within her own family. Is this why she doesn't get that she crossed a boundary with Tom/Ariana. Is that why she inserts herself into other couples relationships, because she doesn't want to be shoved towards the edge, she wants to be in the middle?

Here I go again

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
24 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Her background might explain certain things, but doesn't justify her actions.

It definitely doesn’t justify her actions. 
There’s something so off with her though.. like she found the Ask Zoltar machine from Big and she’s actually 11.

It makes me hate Sandoval extra.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
14 hours ago, Jel said:

But can we call you Rachel? 😜

I appreciate your analogy, but wouldn’t it be more like that name calling would be on another board, where we talk about posters on this board? One where you would have to actively search out these mofos who are calling you whatever name you no longer want to be called?

That is my point — if we were interacting with Rach personally, then, yes, I agree it would be rude to address her as Rachel. I wouldn’t do it; I doubt anyone here would either. But we are not talking to her; we’re here, snarking on a snark board. And one where many of the people we are talking about get some pretty nasty, often hilarious nicknames, and no one objects. No one ever objects. Like never, ever. Until now.

Guess I will chalk this one up to one of the great mysteries of life. And like KFB, I’m a big fan of your posts. :)

I call her by her real name because I refuse to indulge her phoniness, which to me is what this name is. So sue me. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, Drogo said:

I love you too. 

vanderpump-rules-dog-napkin-tom-sandoval

I enjoyed this Sandoval. I also enjoyed his telling Jax, “I’m going to make like a baby and head out.”

But it all went to his head. He became an arrogant egomaniac.

• Like 6
16 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

I don’t think she “ruined her point,” as I don’t think those things are necessarily related. People with body dysmorphia and self esteem issues and depression* don’t feel only one kind of way always. Confidence, for example, can come and go (to grossly oversimplify). It’s why, fairly often, people with esteem issues can appear to be super-confident or people with body issues like to wear revealing clothes. My point was that this intimacy info wasn’t new to Tom (who is wrong in this situation regardless of whether she loves or hates her vagina or whether she twerked while also hating her body).

I don’t think Ariana seems particularly intelligent or particularly dumb (and I don’t care). But why would dancing with Scheana in a nightclub be an indication of one or the other?

*I don’t feel comfortable or remotely qualified to assume a stranger’s mental health issues are fake for TV. Also, I guess I don’t care very much about that either, especially since she seems to be OK. Maybe she’s had therapy and feels better. 

TL;DR: Tom’s “no sex” excuse is dumb; he’s known what she wants and needs for years.

Well I was just pointing out that her words and her actions are frequently at odds.  I believe what people show me vs. what they say.  As for dancing with Scheana in season 1 - I found it amusing, after seeing her be superior to everyone for several seasons, to realize that that was her dancing along behind Scheana, trying to get her ass on tv just like everyone else 😂

10 hours ago, lili45 said:

Thank you for this detail, that’s something I didn’t know. Could she have been twerking to prove to herself that she was making progress with therapy? I have zero idea. 

Nah - she just does it at all of their pool parties, like they all do 😄

• Like 3

Well, whether we are on the same page or not on all things, @princelina, I will say that, IMO, no matter how you feel about your junk, it is…an interesting choice to have an audience at whatever that vagina procedure Ariana was getting! In fact, both the procedure and the audience are a world of no for me!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I hate Lala.. She asked all disgusted with this situation and yet she was the other woman for years. She cheated with a married man. Then he cheated on her, she shouldn't expect it. If he does it with you, ke'll do it to you.

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, antfitz said:

I hate Lala.. She asked all disgusted with this situation and yet she was the other woman for years. She cheated with a married man. Then he cheated on her, she shouldn't expect it. If he does it with you, ke'll do it to you.

She's such a horrible bitch.  I hate her too!

3 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Well, whether we are on the same page or not on all things, @princelina, I will say that, IMO, no matter how you feel about your junk, it is…an interesting choice to have an audience at whatever that vagina procedure Ariana was getting! In fact, both the procedure and the audience are a world of no for me!

Actually the procedure is fantastic 😄. I didn't do the whole shebang, just the "bikini line" area so I can put on a swimsuit in the middle of winter without going "oh shit" 😄. And my armpits!  I love it!

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, princelina said:

She's such a horrible bitch.  I hate her too!

Actually the procedure is fantastic 😄. I didn't do the whole shebang, just the "bikini line" area so I can put on a swimsuit in the middle of winter without going "oh shit" 😄. And my armpits!  I love it!

Yeah, it was the “whole shebang” that scared me a little; partial shebang makes more sense (especially if one has an audience).

• LOL 5
19 hours ago, Drogo said:

Yes.  I have lots of ideas for alternates, too. Including my buddy Chantel's go-to:

il_fullxfull.2057371400_tpxx.jpg 

For the record: I think every single member of the VPR cast is rude, mean, low class, badly-mannered.  They are also all getting increasingly latex-y in the face from season to season.

And I know I've said castmembers are hypocritical for delighting in using Raquel's birth name to her face, but I wouldn't call another PT poster rude or low class, etc. only that for me personally it's not a thing I'd do. 

Hide contents

If I saw a comment like this or was on the receiving end of one, I'd report it as the site doesn't allow personal attacks.  Report button is the triangle+exclamation point icon under each post.

No argument, no mystery, people have different opinions.  Experiences vary, and experiences shape perspective. I know mine are unique and that sometimes gives me UOs. 

Let's just say, hypothetically, that a father was abusive towards a mother for years and that within days of a new baby boy's birth, left the mother with a newborn and other small children, never to return, immediately started a different family with someone else, never supported the first mother financially, and that the whole experience left the mother in such a state that it was like no parents existed at all.  And let's say, hypothetically, that same father had chosen to name the baby boy Logan- and that he decided as a child he didn't want the name his father had given him so he started going by Luke- so widely that his Little League photos and 5th grade yearbooks reflected his name as Luke and only his birth cert/SS card retained the name Logan.  Later in life, he falls in love with a friend's girlfriend and they're found out, he loses all his friends, and they start calling him Logan out of spite.   

Complicating matters further, apparently the name Raquel is the Spanish version of Rachel. Can’t win for losing with this one. 😉

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
On 6/7/2023 at 5:11 AM, RealHousewife said:

There are degrees of attractiveness? Great! Something else for me to neurotically obsess about;)

ps Hi RealHousewife!! Great to have you join us here! :)

• Like 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Jel said:

There are degrees of attractiveness? Great! Something else for me to neurotically obsess about;)

ps Hi RealHousewife!! Great to have you join us here! :)

Why thank you! I've missed your posts Jel. 😀

• Hugs 1
18 hours ago, Jel said:

Complicating matters further, apparently the name Raquel is the Spanish version of Rachel. Can’t win for losing with this one. 😉

Yes, it is, so I don't understand what's the issue. She didn't change her name. It's the same name in another language. 

• Like 2
On 6/9/2023 at 6:51 AM, ZettaK said:

Yes, it is, so I don't understand what's the issue. She didn't change her name. It's the same name in another language. 

I don’t have a problem with her name change. She can call herself whatever she wants. It’s the reaction to other people (especially posters in this forum) calling her Rachel that flummoxes me. 
If she changed her name based on trauma she experienced living as “Rachel”, then to change it to the Spanish version of the same name would seem an unlikely choice. Personally, I think she changed it to Raquel because it sounds cooler, more exotic than Rachel. And much like people (including me) sometimes call Lala by her given name, Lauren, it’s a shorthand snark at her phoniness.

But yeah, she can call herself whatever she wants. And I can call her Rachel. Which I am now doing out of principle! ;)

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
On 6/10/2023 at 4:03 AM, Jel said:

I don’t have a problem with her name change. She can call herself whatever she wants. It’s the reaction to other people (especially posters in this forum) calling her Rachel that flummoxes me. 
If she changed her name based on trauma she experienced living as “Rachel”, then to change it to the Spanish version of the same name would seem an unlikely choice. Personally, I think she changed it to Raquel because it sounds cooler, more exotic than Rachel. And much like people (including me) sometimes call Lala by her given name, Lauren, it’s a shorthand snark at her phoniness.

But yeah, she can call herself whatever she wants. And I can call her Rachel. Which I am now doing out of principle! ;)

Yes, I agree she chose Raquel at one point because she considered it cooler.

• Like 1