Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E13: Messes & Bridesmaid Dresses

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, ZettaK said:

The Gorgas are married for almost 20 years. Why would she drunk dial an ex boyfriend from that long ago? I wouldn't even have the phone number of such an ex anymore.

I call bullshit since there is no way Melissa could remember a sequence of numbers for 20 minutes let alone 20 years.

• Like 1
  • LOL 14

Teresa says she has not seen two of her dorters (I will NEVER stop referring to her daughters as anything other than dorters), naked, they are teenagers and that is odd that she is so concerned about seeing their boobs.

The whole surprise shower was bullshit, did they really think we would be fooled, Teresa was wearing a short wedding dress and the girls were dressed like teen prostitutes in the mid afternoon, of course they were going to a party.

Olivia is a weird, weird, child and she needs a speech therapist and a dietitian, there was no reason she should have been at that shower,  I think she hangs on to her mother because she does not have friends, she is socially awkward and I get the feeling that Jenn does not want her to grow up or be too independent and not need her as much because there goes her major role in life.  Bill is right about his kids need to be more independent but why not take an active role in reaching that goal instead of blaming Jenn 100 percent for the state of the kids.

Danielle says she talks about everything with her mother but I see it as, "I say things in front of my mother for shock value such as "cock ring," and my mother tolerates it to a point, "aren't I cool?" Danielle is such an energy suck.

Melissa and Joe give their daughter who was too afraid to drive thru a Starbucks a $90,000+ Porsche SUV, sure Jan. I predict we never see that car again and they will say Antonia felt it was too big and too fast for her and we next see her driving a Honda, others have done that crap on this show, we never believe the Porshe for the 17 year old new driver.  They do not have a story line, they are boring but I do not want to see them go because I like to watch them come up with lame stuff they think is interesting.

If Jaiden's mother gave up parental consent then why bother going the adoption route unless they worry about Father Fuda dropping dead tomorrow and Rachel would have rights as the next of kin or adoptive mother. 

Frank, oh Frank, your time is over, put on a real shirt and go home to your girlfriend.  The only thing that keep him and Joe Gorga on this show is if they became lovers.  Frank, this all is squarely on your shoulders, you are the only one to blame for your situation because you cannot keep it in your pants and now you have a consequence. 

My favorite moment in this episode were the subtitles for Joe Guidice's phone call and the producer who went with "Youse are happy," for the subtitle, comedy gold!

Has Teresa decided that her dorters will only wear clothing that is skin tight?

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

dinner mentioned in the phone call was 6 days away. Wouldn't the invite and headcount be done and given to the restaurant by then?

My thought too, I did notice Louie did not mention Dina in that count unless that dinner was going to filmed.

Louie kept saying the HW's and plus one's, he knows their husbands but assumes they might bring someone else as a date? Teresa breaking the fourth wall telling Louie that the cameras are rolling makes me wonder why HW Fuda said she was surprised about how real the show is, cut to Teresa in a short wedding dress and being surprised at the shower, sure Jan.

• Like 5

I wish the restaurant would have thrown Frank out because of his disgusting clothing.    "Sorry sir, we have to ask you to leave".  That would have been the best thing in the whole show!  Love what everyone thinks of the episode.   I'm not planning on watching NY with all the newbies.   Anyone else?

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
15 minutes ago, Doublemint said:

I wish the restaurant would have thrown Frank out because of his disgusting clothing.    "Sorry sir, we have to ask you to leave".  That would have been the best thing in the whole show!  Love what everyone thinks of the episode.   I'm not planning on watching NY with all the newbies.   Anyone else?

I would have died laughing to see the hostess make him wear a way too small loaner blazer and stained neck tie!

The new New York deserves to be watched and maybe it will be hate watched but I know I am weak and will watch/hate watch only because others will watch and post on this site and I want to know what they are talking about, I suffer from FOMO.

• Like 4
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 7

Super surprised and disgusted about Frank's wardrobe choice. Doesn't the restaurant have a dress code or did they waive it for the filming/free advertising?

• Like 7
10 hours ago, Emmeline said:

From what I’ve heard over the years Frank didn’t have that much to do with bringing up his children when they were young.  He was too busy with women and getting disbarred.

I cannot believe he was a Lawyer.  

• Like 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Doublemint said:

It's not like they met up at the local diner or bar and grill; That place had tablecloths! Put a shirt on!

Is Frank going through a mid-life crisis? He's wearing muscle shirts under sleeveless leather jackets, riding motorcycles, smoking pot,... or is this his attempt to woo Delores back?

Edited by SweetieDarling
tablecloth = one word
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 3
(edited)

Unpopular opinion here, but I don’t think Delores dresses any better.  The boobs down to the waist, the fake ass, scanty dresses.  Not an appropriate look IMO.  Sorry.  I do like Jennifer’s clothes tho.

BTW, New York was always my favorite and still is.  Hope most of the regulars come back.  Who knows?  It’s my home town.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
10 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Frank cannot stand that he is no longer the main focus in Dolores' life (other than her kids).  He wants to have his cake and eat it, too (Britney and Dolores).  He doesn't want Dolores to be happy and, primarily, he doesn't want to lose whatever paycheck he has from Bravo.  I don't think he's going to be very successful at selling marijuana.

THIS!!

I disagree that he doesn't want Delores to be happy. I think he wants Delores to be happy to always be there for him, while he does whatever he wants. imo, he can't stand that she has someone else, and he is no longer needed or wanted.

He'll probably smoke any profits from the marijuana business. I wonder if that will be the Joe's next failed venture; Gorga's Ganja

1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Teresa says she has not seen two of her dorters (I will NEVER stop referring to her daughters as anything other than dorters), naked, they are teenagers and that is odd that she is so concerned about seeing their boobs.

That was such a weird comment

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
12 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I think it is disgusting that Fuda is airing this whole adopting her stepson while the biological mother is still alive. 
No opposed to what she is doing, but man to air it on TV, if you care about the kid you wouldn’t do that.

Originally, I thought the same way, but it appears that the mom disappeared and hasn't been in the kid's life in a long time. I presumed from the way it was discussed early on that she was in the neighborhood or that the families continued to have some contact. However, it sounded in the attorney's office like they have no idea whether she is alive or dead. I've got less concerns about how a woman who is aware they have a child and takes zero effort to reach out to that child or his father feels. The story about blending families and what it means to be a "parent" is an important one that deserves to be discussed as long as its not exploited.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, MsMalin said:

Super surprised and disgusted about Frank's wardrobe choice. Doesn't the restaurant have a dress code or did they waive it for the filming/free advertising?

How come Delores didn’t say anything to Frank about his choice of wardrobe in the restaurant?  I would have been mortified.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

At first I thought you meant my comment was weird but then realized it was Teresa's comment you thought was weird.

So weird.

LOL! If the shoe fits,...

I hope they don't walk around naked in front of Louie and his son. And I hope they scanned the rooms in Louie's house for hidden cameras -sorry not sorry, dude skeeves me out-maybe I watch too much ID Channel

5 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

How come Delores didn’t say anything to Frank about his choice of wardrobe in the restaurant?  I would have been mortified.

Maybe I'm projecting here, because this is what I would do, but, I think she enjoys the opportunity to sit back and let him embarrass himself

Edited by SweetieDarling
missing words
  • Like 2
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

People on Twitter said Teresa has taught Milania to hate her uncle but really she seems to have been done with him once he accused her father of being the reason Nonno and Nonna died on the show and then was talking bad about him to the girls in texts. Teresa didn't do that. Joe Gorga did just like Joe has done a lot in front of his nieces to make them fed up.

Very detailed post. You're making me want to rewatch the last few seasons because I've clearly missed a lot.

I do remember the origin of the girls' anger with their uncle. It was when Joe was pleading with Theresa to see Guidice for who he was: a cheating man who always disrespected her, and abused her verbally, emotionally, and financially. He believed the stress of Joe's illegal dealings and false bankruptcies forced Theresa into supporting them and the stress killed his mom. (I don't remember him talking about his dad. Except Noni missed his wife and wanted to die.)

He has said this a couple of times, but then stopped. The girls' anger was misplaced because I respect that they love their dad and defend him, but everything he said is true. Even Theresa finally admitted to Joe's misdeeds (while he was in jail) but I've noticed that memory's gone. She said she could never stay married to a man who cheats... Say what.

But Joe is the adult and he shouldn't have gotten so angry at Gia and Melanie's disrespect, because they are young women who've been told whitewashed stories about their dad.

However, all the viewers have been watching Guidice's emotional abuse of Theresa for years and we were so relieved that someone in that group finally called him out.

I hope the girls don't seek partners who remind them of Daddy.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
18 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I’ve never seen bridesmaids dresses look that provocative.  It was like they were going to a Club.  

You don't live in New Jersey, do you?  🤣🤣

Bridesmaids dresses, prom dresses, pretty much most gowns in the "Junior" size section of any formal wear shop/boutique here all look very similar to what the Guidice girls were wearing.

I've seen pictures of friends' daughters/granddaughters going to 8th grade grad dances and parties wearing dresses that are teeny-tiny and very tight - forget about high school prom aged girls.  I guess that's what's in style for some.

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
47 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

Originally, I thought the same way, but it appears that the mom disappeared and hasn't been in the kid's life in a long time. I presumed from the way it was discussed early on that she was in the neighborhood or that the families continued to have some contact. However, it sounded in the attorney's office like they have no idea whether she is alive or dead. I've got less concerns about how a woman who is aware they have a child and takes zero effort to reach out to that child or his father feels. The story about blending families and what it means to be a "parent" is an important one that deserves to be discussed as long as its not exploited.

I've read a couple of articles about Jaiden's Mom (because I invest waaay too much time on this show!).  Apparently, she's been in quite a bit of trouble with the law, arrested on different charges several times and has spent time in prison (after Jaiden's birth).  I can't remember if she is now out of prison, but, as far as I can remember, she has no communication at all with him, per court orders.  

This has been going on for quite a while.  I just don't understand why, when Jaiden is now 16, and Rachel is on the show, she conveniently wants to adopt him at this point.  Why not before, when he was younger and there was no spotlight on them?  It's just kind of sad, imo.

• Like 14
(edited)
13 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

You don't live in New Jersey, do you?  🤣🤣

Bridesmaids dresses, prom dresses, pretty much most gowns in the "Junior" size section of any formal wear shop/boutique here all look very similar to what the Guidice girls were wearing.

I've seen pictures of friends' daughters/granddaughters going to 8th grade grad dances and parties wearing dresses that are teeny-tiny and very tight - forget about high school prom aged girls.  I guess that's what's in style for some.

No, I’m on Long Island, and yes, they dress like that too.  What was I thinking?  In fact I have two granddaughters that dress like that too.  I cringe.  Plus, Teresa wasn’t having a church wedding where they would have to be more modest.  In my day, it was all boat neck, lol.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
7 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

No, I’m on Long Island, and yes, they dress like that too.  What was I thinking?

Probably the same thing I think - like, Why do designers create these type of dresses for young women?  I'm no prude, but there is a way for a young girl to look "sexy" (for lack of a better word) without looking like hookers.

Sigh~~I guess I am now officially old, because I sound like my grandmother did! 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
31 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I just don't understand why, when Jaiden is now 16, and Rachel is on the show, she conveniently wants to adopt him at this point.  Why not before, when he was younger and there was no spotlight on them?  It's just kind of sad, imo.

I agree. 

Assuming his mother agrees to the adoption, is it just a matter of drawing up the paperwork? It's curious, because he's less than 2 years away from no longer, legally, needing a guardian. It's not like he's got a different last name and adopting him would give him the same surname as the rest of the family (which John(?) legally changed to his mother's maiden name so he'd be associated with a local tile store,  but I digress).

To the Fudas:

im-declaring-shenanigans-on-you-kyle-bro

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Like 5
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

Melissa is saying she'll go to the wedding to show the kids normal, "then get off the crazy ride" what does that mean? Cut them out of their lives? Joe seemed surprised she was going to the shower (on the aftershow Jen said Antonia was invited but didn't come.) Joe didn't go to the housewarming and neither did the kids, Melissa gave the flimsy excuse of one falling asleep. Now, I think a lot of the wedding stuff makes no sense because it sounds like the dinner mentioned in the phone call was 6 days away. Wouldn't the invite and headcount be done and given to the restaurant by then? What day during this lead up does the party with the fight happen? Imo, I think Teresa knew for a while the Gorga's weren't going, they even talked about it a few times. Also the guests Louie mentioned sounded like a cast dinner, probably to be filmed by Bravo for the wedding show. Or maybe they didn't want to invite the Gorga's only for Joe to not show. Joe's been avoiding Teresa yet he'll go to the wedding and dinners leading up to it like it's all good? I also wouldn't be surprised if Bill told Louie/Tre/Jen that Joe was going off on his nieces at the guys night. That said, Louie is shady.

In the car, Teresa says the wedding was six days away, which means the shower was Sunday, July 31st. The dinner Louie planned was actually the cast finale party on Thursday, August 4th.  Initial rumors were that's when the shit hit the fan and Gorgas decided to skip the wedding. However, it's apparent now that they really decided that much earlier and based their entire story line around being hurt victims of terrible Teresa. 

While I still think Joey is a little jealous bitch boy and the root of the problem, I couldn't help but notice Melissa lying about what happened in Ireland, acting like she was so emotional and Teresa couldn't be bothered when that's not what happened. 

I don't see shadiness with Louie's changing behavior toward the Gorgas. I see it as he tried, they turned down every invite/olive branch, he finally got frustrated & gave up and is now in protect Teresa mode. The girls are already upset with their aunt/uncle for repeatedly publicly trashing their Mom & Dad. Joe Gorga skipped Teresa's birthday, the housewarming, he refused to talk to her directly about the wedding stuff (calling Gia then complaining that his she was involved) The Gorgas have also seemingly kept the cousins apart with the skipping family events. Frankly, I still don't understand what Teresa supposedly did that they're using as rationale for being so hurt.  Live her life without them???

Embarrassing how so many of the other women seemingly have nothing else to talk as well. Marge Sr sitting around talking about Teresa hurting the Gorgas?  How/why?  I also really can't wait until Lexi & Marge have their falling out and Lexi spills all. Danielle's family is cute but event she spent the time talking about everyone else.  Frank begging Dolores for screen time was lame but at least it was more interesting than watching Melissa practice pouting.

Rachel using her stepson's adoption as a storyline is possibly the worst thing on this season. Sad for him and angry on behalf of his bio mom. The kid is 16, where is his voice is all of this? It sounded to me like they hadn't even broached the conversation with him first. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

Frank drove a wedge between delo and David by becoming his bestie and sucking up his attention. Pauly ain't having none of that, so Frank's maneuvering to get Delo's sympathy. I don't understand the complaints about Frank's restaurant attire....I mean, it was his dressy black wife beater after all. Lol

No chin seems blase about his wife adopting his nearly adult son. He's all quiet and expressionless like Rachel is rattling on about nothing of importance. Probably cuz he knows it's all a bs storyline. 

Yes, Tre,  great cover to say louloumcgoo has to invite everyone. You're as sharp as a blanket.

• Like 5
16 minutes ago, snarts said:

In the car, Teresa says the wedding was six days away, which means the shower was Sunday, July 31st. The dinner Louie planned was actually the cast finale party on Thursday, August 4th.  Initial rumors were that's when the shit hit the fan and Gorgas decided to skip the wedding. However, it's apparent now that they really decided that much earlier and based their entire story line around being hurt victims of terrible Teresa. 

While I still think Joey is a little jealous bitch boy and the root of the problem, I couldn't help but notice Melissa lying about what happened in Ireland, acting like she was so emotional and Teresa couldn't be bothered when that's not what happened. 

I don't see shadiness with Louie's changing behavior toward the Gorgas. I see it as he tried, they turned down every invite/olive branch, he finally got frustrated & gave up and is now in protect Teresa mode. The girls are already upset with their aunt/uncle for repeatedly publicly trashing their Mom & Dad. Joe Gorga skipped Teresa's birthday, the housewarming, he refused to talk to her directly about the wedding stuff (calling Gia then complaining that his she was involved) The Gorgas have also seemingly kept the cousins apart with the skipping family events. Frankly, I still don't understand what Teresa supposedly did that they're using as rationale for being so hurt.  Live her life without them???

Exactly.  Clearly they had already decided they weren't going to the wedding, and Teresa and Louie knew that and were just keeping up a front for the show.  Probably also why Gia gave Mel a "meh" greeting at the shower --- she knew Mel was just there to further a fake storyline as if she was going to the wedding.  Probably also why Mel didn't bring Antonia to the shower -- that would have been super awkward for a teenager. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
16 minutes ago, snarts said:

All About the Real Housewives (blog, podcast, maybe both?) timelined leaked text exchanges between Teresa and the Gorgas during that period and outlined a story tilted very much against the Gorgas as far as what was supposed to have really been going on between them.   

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

Maybe I'm projecting here, because this is what I would do, but, I think she enjoys the opportunity to sit back and let him embarrass himself

That ship sailed the moment his lips touched Joe Gorga's butt cheek on camera.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

Omg. Frank with his wife beater tank and his muscles on the verge of popping his skin open are equivalent to the NJ women with their low cut tops with their fake balloon boobs in everything they wear! What is with these women with the super long extensions, troweled on makeup, dresses and skirts too short and their boobies hanging out? This is the worst season yet with the fashion and makeup. Even the daughters with the skin tight bridesmaid dresses. Just awful!

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 4
2 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

Originally, I thought the same way, but it appears that the mom disappeared and hasn't been in the kid's life in a long time. I presumed from the way it was discussed early on that she was in the neighborhood or that the families continued to have some contact. However, it sounded in the attorney's office like they have no idea whether she is alive or dead.

Oh they, and the state know where she is… clink.

1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

My Daughter just told me New York will be back June 17th, but it’s a secret who will be on. 

Not to veer too far off topic but they trotted out the new NY howives during the stupid BravoCon whatever-the-f shows.  People were like, ok we don’t know you yet, are we suppose to clap?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Same here. Add nice shoes to the mix. 

Yes, shoes with SOCKS.  I hate the no socks trend.  It’s stupid looking.  

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Omg. Frank with his wife beater tank and his muscles on the verge of popping his skin open are equivalent to the NJ women with their low cut tops with their fake balloon boobs in everything they wear! What is with these women with the super long extensions, troweled on makeup, dresses and skirts too short and their boobies hanging out? This is the worst season yet with the fashion and makeup. Even the daughters with the skin tight bridesmaid dresses. Just awful!

Delores hit the jackpot with the fake ass.  Notice when she walks, the camera films her walking away to show her ass swaying to and fro.  And that fake hair hanging down.  Do they sleep with all that hair?

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
13 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I think Pauliewants nothing to do with that crazy bunch of guys.  They act like a bunch of bafoons.  Call me crazy, but does anyone else think Dr. Bill is sexy?  

I think he's dead sexy, except when he's drunk. I bet he cannot wait until his children are all in college so he can dump Jen.

• Like 4
40 minutes ago, politichick said:

I think he's dead sexy, except when he's drunk. I bet he cannot wait until his children are all in college so he can dump Jen.

40 minutes ago, politichick said:

He reminds me of one of those Middle Eastern men who ride through the desert on a camel in full costume.  Like in the movies.  Handsome and deadly. Lol

• Like 4
4 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Actually she did ask him if he was one of the Village People and then did the YMCA thing and giggled.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
2 hours ago, snarts said:

Rachel using her stepson's adoption as a storyline is possibly the worst thing on this season. Sad for him and angry on behalf of his bio mom. The kid is 16, where is his voice is all of this? It sounded to me like they hadn't even broached the conversation with him first. 

"Brittany’s lengthy criminal record from the last five years includes charges connected to burglary-entering a structure, laundering $250,000 cash and possession with intent to distribute crystal methamphetamine in the first degree."

If all of this has occurred in just the last five years, I'm not surprised that the court agreed to no contact. I'm also calling bullshit on the mother's version of this story. The following items seem to raise a lot of additional questions:

"She claimed that she made an “extremely selfless decision” to give up her parental rights “for Jaiden’s own good.” She added that her choice was the “most beneficial” for her child because she was unable to be an active parent due to her incarceration."

"Brittany and John dated for four years and were engaged for two. She claimed that they split in 2009. John filed for custody years before he was granted sole custody, per New Jersey court docs. He filed to dismiss his first petition in October 2008 due to a reconciliation, but refiled years later. He was granted sole custody of Jaiden in June 2011. "

So, she hasn't had any parental rights since this kid was 3. It's difficult to believe that the mom is pushing that she has somehow been wronged in all of this.

"Brittany told the outlet that she had another son in 2012, from another relationship."

I wonder if she also gave up her parental rights to that child?

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
7 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

If Jaiden's mother gave up parental consent then why bother going the adoption route unless they worry about Father Fuda dropping dead tomorrow and Rachel would have rights as the next of kin or adoptive mother. 

4 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I've read a couple of articles about Jaiden's Mom (because I invest waaay too much time on this show!).  Apparently, she's been in quite a bit of trouble with the law, arrested on different charges several times and has spent time in prison (after Jaiden's birth).  I can't remember if she is now out of prison, but, as far as I can remember, she has no communication at all with him, per court orders.  

33 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

So, she hasn't had any parental rights since this kid was 3. It's difficult to believe that the mom is pushing that she has somehow been wronged in all of this.

I'm trying to look at this from Jaiden's point of view.  I bet he would be really touched that Rachel would pursue adoption.  That picture of him with his little sisters melted my cold heart.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, snarts said:

Embarrassing how so many of the other women seemingly have nothing else to talk as well. Marge Sr sitting around talking about Teresa hurting the Gorgas?  How/why?  I also really can't wait until Lexi & Marge have their falling out and Lexi spills all. Danielle's family is cute but event she spent the time talking about everyone else.  Frank begging Dolores for screen time was lame but at least it was more interesting than watching Melissa practice pouting.

AGREE 100% to the bolded.

Okay as someone who COULDN'T STAND Teresa for a big chunk of seasons I have to say that I'm on her side in the whole family feud. It's nonsense! The energy is that Joe and Melissa want Teresa to "atone" with every sense of her being. I get their grievances and their disappointment in a lot of the subject matters that surround their discord but at the end of the day it really does seem like they want Teresa to make official announcements, put out statements, make some long heartfelt speech that holds them in high regards and lastly they want a drawn out apology full of regret and shame for all they PERCIEVE she haas done wrong to them. It's just so over the top that I can't even fault Louie and Teresa for having honest moments where they are obviously over the attempts at reconciling and being nice. I fail to see what needs reconciling anyway. Teresa can't apologize for the overall energy that their relationship creates amongst them. After all this time Melissa and Joe really feel like they have to right to force people to care about dumb shit to the degree that they do. I get that they've had some significant dust ups over the years but I think they make WAAAAAAYYYYYY to big a deal about shit and as much as Teresa is annoying and some might call it fake but at the end of the day Teresa really does make attempts at moving on. Melissa and Joe, however make it a point to catch any and all "slights" as retaliation about something Teresa said she would move on from. 

What I don't get about people is that, sure I can move on from something and be nice or make attempts and moving forward with someone but that doesn't mean I'm never going to be triggered down the line which may set off a bit of a residual snarky comment or whatever. I mean, people have the right to still feel bad about something you did that made them unhappy. It's not purposeful it's just knee jerk reaction that some have a better handle on than others. Melissa and Teresa BOTH do that! I hate to say it but for all Teresa's nastiness in the past and her very quick temper I really believe that most of what Teresa does or attempts is genuine. Like I believe she wants to move forward and I believe she wants Melissa and Joe to stop holding on to any and everything they can find to throw at her and Louie. I think Teresa is willing to move beyond things but she never agrees to pretending that she didn't have an issue with something. I feel for Teresa when Melissa or Joe throw things back at her and then act like Teresa is the one in the wrong because she doesn't want to change her stance an a previous argument or feud. Teresa tries to move on with people but she doesn't say the past slights are not slights anymore. She doesn't pretend that the shit that  had yall fighting before was just her being irrational and unfair (whether she was or wasn't doesn't matter) she just agrees to try to start fresh moving forward while leaving the past in the past. Teresa revisits shit when others drag up history and it's usually in an attempt to revisit who was to blame. Like how is that productive. Teresa ends up repeating the same sentiments cause she hasn't really changed how she feels about the incident and then that's used as some prove that she never lets things go, she never really planned to move forward positively. I mean it's a vicious cycle they way not only Melissa uses this on her.

I never thought I'd be defending Teresa but after all these years and her stint in prison and seeing her daughters go through all that and to see how they've all come out of it okay although divorced but still happy... I find myself routing for her. I think Louie is just a basic dude that is in love with Teresa and I'm happy they found each other. I don't see the need to keep harping on these little petty grievances and to be honest Melissa and Joe really do try to demand a WHOLE lot from Teresa as if it's her job to convince THEM about their role in her family. I don't see the Gorgas letting much go. I also see them really spinning things for it to always be about how THEY feel what THEY SHOULD be receiving from Teresa. I guess what bugs me the most is the automatic by default doting they feel Teresa should be showering them with. They really feel that they are just owed this extensive level of adoration and recognition from Teresa due to the family connection. Teresa has already made it clear that Joe is her brother and she doesn't want to lose him but I feel like season after season the Gorgas up the price and even though Teresa is A LOT I feel like they are constantly TRYING to hold her hostage with the whole "family" bit knowing how important it is to her but then always flopping around like abused victims each and every chance they get. 

Melissa has been acting like a martyr for so damn long and this season what's truly on display is her need to be seen as the ultimate victim all the while manipulating along the way. This is the first season where I kinda see the whole "the wife in the ear" persona that is such a go to when sisters or mothers start having issues with their male family member. It's the wife! Well, as much as I hate that narrative there is something to it. Joe isn't going to be happy his wifes hurt so he's going to act out. A) Because he's dying to be a drama queen to begin with and B) He wants to validate his wifes feelings. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

So Louie's kumbaya was all for the cameras. Got it.

Right? He looked a little unhinged last night and a tad bit controlling.

18 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Frank Catania wearing a tank top showing his tattoos and muscles in a restaurant no less was disgusting.

Mr. Tough Guy trying to look like an extra on the set of Sons of Anarchy...he was totally inappropriately dressed for a restaurant like that. What did he think, Delores was going to meet him for lunch at a dive bar in Newark?

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
17 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Oh I think that kid does tell her mother to wear lingerie, that kid is odd.

Agree! And why the hell is Jennifer dragging her around to all these adult functions? That kid is going to need a therapist in a few years.

51 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

AGREE 100% to the bolded.

Okay as someone who COULDN'T STAND Teresa for a big chunk of seasons I have to say that I'm on her side in the whole family feud. It's nonsense! The energy is that Joe and Melissa want Teresa to "atone" with every sense of her being. I get their grievances and their disappointment in a lot of the subject matters that surround their discord but at the end of the day it really does seem like they want Teresa to make official announcements, put out statements, make some long heartfelt speech that holds them in high regards and lastly they want a drawn out apology full of regret and shame for all they PERCIEVE she haas done wrong to them. It's just so over the top that I can't even fault Louie and Teresa for having honest moments where they are obviously over the attempts at reconciling and being nice. I fail to see what needs reconciling anyway. Teresa can't apologize for the overall energy that their relationship creates amongst them. After all this time Melissa and Joe really feel like they have to right to force people to care about dumb shit to the degree that they do. I get that they've had some significant dust ups over the years but I think they make WAAAAAAYYYYYY to big a deal about shit and as much as Teresa is annoying and some might call it fake but at the end of the day Teresa really does make attempts at moving on. Melissa and Joe, however make it a point to catch any and all "slights" as retaliation about something Teresa said she would move on from. 

What I don't get about people is that, sure I can move on from something and be nice or make attempts and moving forward with someone but that doesn't mean I'm never going to be triggered down the line which may set off a bit of a residual snarky comment or whatever. I mean, people have the right to still feel bad about something you did that made them unhappy. It's not purposeful it's just knee jerk reaction that some have a better handle on than others. Melissa and Teresa BOTH do that! I hate to say it but for all Teresa's nastiness in the past and her very quick temper I really believe that most of what Teresa does or attempts is genuine. Like I believe she wants to move forward and I believe she wants Melissa and Joe to stop holding on to any and everything they can find to throw at her and Louie. I think Teresa is willing to move beyond things but she never agrees to pretending that she didn't have an issue with something. I feel for Teresa when Melissa or Joe throw things back at her and then act like Teresa is the one in the wrong because she doesn't want to change her stance an a previous argument or feud. Teresa tries to move on with people but she doesn't say the past slights are not slights anymore. She doesn't pretend that the shit that  had yall fighting before was just her being irrational and unfair (whether she was or wasn't doesn't matter) she just agrees to try to start fresh moving forward while leaving the past in the past. Teresa revisits shit when others drag up history and it's usually in an attempt to revisit who was to blame. Like how is that productive. Teresa ends up repeating the same sentiments cause she hasn't really changed how she feels about the incident and then that's used as some prove that she never lets things go, she never really planned to move forward positively. I mean it's a vicious cycle they way not only Melissa uses this on her.

I never thought I'd be defending Teresa but after all these years and her stint in prison and seeing her daughters go through all that and to see how they've all come out of it okay although divorced but still happy... I find myself routing for her. I think Louie is just a basic dude that is in love with Teresa and I'm happy they found each other. I don't see the need to keep harping on these little petty grievances and to be honest Melissa and Joe really do try to demand a WHOLE lot from Teresa as if it's her job to convince THEM about their role in her family. I don't see the Gorgas letting much go. I also see them really spinning things for it to always be about how THEY feel what THEY SHOULD be receiving from Teresa. I guess what bugs me the most is the automatic by default doting they feel Teresa should be showering them with. They really feel that they are just owed this extensive level of adoration and recognition from Teresa due to the family connection. Teresa has already made it clear that Joe is her brother and she doesn't want to lose him but I feel like season after season the Gorgas up the price and even though Teresa is A LOT I feel like they are constantly TRYING to hold her hostage with the whole "family" bit knowing how important it is to her but then always flopping around like abused victims each and every chance they get. 

Melissa has been acting like a martyr for so damn long and this season what's truly on display is her need to be seen as the ultimate victim all the while manipulating along the way. This is the first season where I kinda see the whole "the wife in the ear" persona that is such a go to when sisters or mothers start having issues with their male family member. It's the wife! Well, as much as I hate that narrative there is something to it. Joe isn't going to be happy his wifes hurt so he's going to act out. A) Because he's dying to be a drama queen to begin with and B) He wants to validate his wifes feelings. 

I think the whole cast should be fired a la RHONY and new cast of women be installed. I'm sick of this Gorga/Guidace drama and all the other women who feed into it. Tired of Marge, tired of Delores, tired of Jennifer...did I mention they are boring? 

• Like 7
17 hours ago, ZettaK said:

The Gorgas are married for almost 20 years. Why would she drunk dial an ex boyfriend from that long ago? I wouldn't even have the phone number of such an ex anymore.

I think she was just drunk joking around. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

YES! Teresa's kids with the low cut skin tight bandage dresses were just in poor taste. Everyone in this show dresses like would be models for Frederick's of Hollywood.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
8 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Unpopular opinion here, but I don’t think Delores dresses any better.  The boobs down to the waist, the fake ass, scanty dresses.  Not an appropriate look IMO.  Sorry.  I do like Jennifer’s clothes tho.

BTW, New York was always my favorite and still is.  Hope most of the regulars come back.  Who knows?  It’s my home town.I

I lived in Manhattan for 25 yrs.  The regulars are GONE.  These are newbies who are influencers, not normal people. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

This is exploitation. Not of the mother (although there is that), but of the child who did not sign up for this, and who is being thrown before a national audience and called abandoned. And it’s being monetized. It’s fine to say that you’re in the process of adopting your stepson; it’s not okay to air the painful details involving a minor child. I can’t believe it’s even legal to do this, and while I fast-forwarded through the segment, I questioned myself for even continuing with this franchise. I feel guilty. 

Edited by RedInk
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
(edited)
12 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

Melissa is saying she'll go to the wedding to show the kids normal, "then get off the crazy ride" what does that mean? Cut them out of their lives? Joe seemed surprised she was going to the shower (on the aftershow Jen said Antonia was invited but didn't come.) Joe didn't go to the housewarming and neither did the kids, Melissa gave the flimsy excuse of one falling asleep. Now, I think a lot of the wedding stuff makes no sense because it sounds like the dinner mentioned in the phone call was 6 days away. Wouldn't the invite and headcount be done and given to the restaurant by then? What day during this lead up does the party with the fight happen? Imo, I think Teresa knew for a while the Gorga's weren't going, they even talked about it a few times. Also the guests Louie mentioned sounded like a cast dinner, probably to be filmed by Bravo for the wedding show. Or maybe they didn't want to invite the Gorga's only for Joe to not show. Joe's been avoiding Teresa yet he'll go to the wedding and dinners leading up to it like it's all good? I also wouldn't be surprised if Bill told Louie/Tre/Jen that Joe was going off on his nieces at the guys night.

Joe Giudice wishing Teresa well and Teresa praying he can come back was nice. I do think Joe has humbled himself and seems to be different. It took a hell of a wake up call. I do really want to know what he really thinks of Louie. People on Twitter said Teresa has taught Milania to hate her uncle but really she seems to have been done with him once he accused her father of being the reason Nonno and Nonna died on the show and then was talking bad about him to the girls in texts. Teresa didn't do that. Joe Gorga did just like Joe has done a lot in front of his nieces to make them fed up. I've yet to hear Teresa texts her niece and nephews bad things about their parents and hasn't called Antonia about any incidents the way Joe admitted to calling Gia to fix the bridesmaid issue nor has Teresa made a podcast saying those kids should thank her for everything they have due to Joe and Melissa riding her coattails. Thats why the Giudice girls are involved and the Gorga kids aren't. 

The Gorgas didn't go to many family events the last couple of years, and of course the wedding. And it seems it was intentional, judging from what Melissa said on this episode.

Teresa doesn't attack Joe and Melissa, and their kids on social media, etc. but Joe does. Joe attacked Gia on the show because she was upset he constantly attacks her father on social media, and the show. Teresa only said that Antonia didn't go to Milania's Sweet 16 because the girls used to be so close.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 5