Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Sunflowers

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Awesome pairings: Will and Higgins, Jamie and Roy, Trent Crimm and "I am a strong and capable man", Coach Beard and Piggy Stardust, Ted and triangles. And the pillow fight was the PERFECT solution.

Rebecca totally got knocked up by nameless Dutch guy who had bedroom eyes on her from the instant she was standing on the bridge. I call BS on not remembering the sex and/or yet another inappropriate/dubious consent moment :( 

• Like 19
  • LOL 1

That was pretty good. I am embarrassed that I chuckled when Jamie and the bike guy laughed at Roy. The way it came out it kind of felt like that movie Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid when they had to jump off of the cliff and Redford says that he couldn't swim and Newman tells him the fall will probably kill him.

• Like 12
  • LOL 8

Halfway through the final season, Jamie and Roy are the best thing about it for me. 

The Rebecca/Boat Man stuff could not be more heavy-handed. Can we stop with these side plots with new characters, already? There are only six episodes left. 

• Like 7

That Dutch boat man? Smoking hot 🥵

I loved this ep. The last two eps have just felt to me like they were running in place, not getting anywhere, but breakthroughs were definitely made here. I floved Ted’s triangles epiphany and Jamie and Roy chasing windmills. And will someone please tell me who was the guy with the ballcap on the wall in the American restaurant? I feel like he’s a musician - Chance the Rapper maybe? I’m not current on what the kids are listening to these days 😄

• Like 17
On 4/12/2023 at 9:19 PM, SoMuchTV said:

And a few “-eh”s. Like poop-eh in a previous episode. Can’t remember examples now; I should have jotted them down. 

Quoting myself from last week - I definitely caught another Jamie-ism here - where he lost his virginit-eh. 

• LOL 5

Vintage Ted Lasso.  

I loved Roy’s self awareness when he yelled at Jamie that he was taking out all his displaced anger on him.  And I forget who told Roy that he had to believe he was worthy of Keeley.  

Loved Ted having his epiphany and thinking it was the drugs but then finding out they were a dud batch and Ted just got his soccer groove.  

Considering the show, I think when Colin gets outed, like Ted and his panic attacks last season, everyone who matters will rally round him.  

And I don’t think it is the last we see of the Dutch hottie.  Rebecca stumbled into that pink room….I think he has a daughter.   

• Like 23

...when you find beauty, you find inspriration if you stay as determined as Vincent. Never stop no matter how many failures. When you know you're  doing what you are meant to do, you have to try....We close in 3 minutes. 

Words of wisdom people.

• Like 18
  • Love 1

Well, well, well....I am so happy for the season premiere of the show I remembered!

Who the hell knows what was going on in the first five episodes.....setting up spin off stories...not trusting audience.....too many rewrites at last minute?  Regardless, happy to see progress & tonal quality back to what I remembered.  We lost 5 episodes to the ether forever, as I can't imagine rewatching them & I'll always wonder about great storytelling we missed there.

But this?  This is the show I fell in love with way back when.  

Edited by pennben
  • Like 10

Oh my word, I missed this show. Loved everything about this episode. And I'm so glad Trent's rainbow mug the other week wasn't a red herring.

3 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I loved Roy’s self awareness when he yelled at Jamie that he was taking out all his displaced anger on him.  And I forget who told Roy that he had to believe he was worthy of Keeley.   

It was Rebecca. "She's off to someone who thinks they deserve her", something like that. Great moment, and he needed to hear it. But I really miss Keeley - I wonder why they've written her so separate from the rest this season. I like the Dutch guy for Rebecca, though.

5 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Special shout out to the in-room tv with the local highlights. 

Loved that, and I thought it was an excellent touch that Keeley was just dubbed over - you could still see her say "karaoke!"

• Like 18

Is everyone not noticing the princess room that Rebecca saw, that is surely a little girl's room that represents his daughter's room from his relationship with his ex?  Not knocked up, but perhaps has found a step-daughter to mother?

This was such a good episode. The psychic didn't say Rebecca will have a baby. She said Rebecca will have a family. It really looks like she could be a step mother.

Most of the things the psychic said to Rebecca have come true so far. The green matchbook, the shight in nining armor, she was upside down and drenched but safe. Has there been thunder and lightning yet? 

• Like 15
4 hours ago, pennben said:

Is everyone not noticing the princess room that Rebecca saw, that is surely a little girl's room that represents his daughter's room from his relationship with his ex?  Not knocked up, but perhaps has found a step-daughter to mother?

Yes, that’s what I’m thinking too. This is why I’m hoping that Hot Dutch Guy (HDG) will discover who Rebecca is and go to London to find her. Alternatively, she could go back to Amsterdam to see him again. I will accept either scenario.

• Like 20
  • Love 2

I know Juno Temple has a lot of other things going on, so maybe some schedule conflicts is why she’s been so separate from the rest. But this episode really highlighted how much the KJPR story sucks all the air out of the room. 

Will is Higgins Jr, it was great to see that unexpected and sweet pairing. Will being very into the club was cute and I’m glad Higgins had his version of fun. 

Since Nate told Colin he was a hotel painting I’ve wanted to see him rise up. It’s time Strong and Capable Man. And now that he has a bridge between his two lives with Trent, I hope he gets his wish. 

I’m totally convinced now Roy and Keeley do reunite. Rebecca is totally Team Roy, and while they’ve hinted maybe Keeley might still be into Jamie, Jamie wouldn’t do that to his granddad bro. I’m glad Roy didn’t seem bothered  that Keeley was with a woman, he was just sad she moved on. I loved everything about he and Roy’s bicycle adventure. 

Rebecca looked amazing in that pink dress and yes it was hot! It was definitely implied he had a daughter so I don’t think they’ll go a surprise non-consensual pregnancy line.

Finally, I’m glad Ted is finally ready to coach. Beard was right, he needed to just clear his mind. I do hope we get to see his reaction when he finds out the team had a pillow fight.

This was great. Time to close things out the second half of the season (which, was any of it necessary?)

• Like 10
5 hours ago, pennben said:

It was already hinted at when he kissed her foot after applying the plaster. She was startled and he said: "sorry, force of habit". This is such a clearly parent thing to do with a child.

• Like 19
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, pennben said:

(I can’t clear my editor 😫)

How cute was Dani with his one tulip? I hope he got his wish.

There’s a bit of history between Ottawa (capital of 🇨🇦) and the Netherlands as far as tulips go. During WW2, some members of the Dutch royal family took refuge in Canada, and the Dutch queen gave birth to her daughter in an Ottawa hospital (which was temporarily designated Dutch soil so she wouldn’t have Canadian citizenship). Canadian soldiers also played a large role in liberating the Netherlands from the German occupation.

After the war, the Dutch government in their gratitude sent thousands of tulip bulbs to Ottawa, and IIRC they continue to do so every year. The city has an annual tulip festival in May, which started with the original Dutch tulip bulbs,and it’s a sign that spring has finally arrived 🌷🌷🌷 

Edit: oops, I was wrong about the hospital being declared Dutch soil. Here’s a Wiki paragraph that explains it: “It is a common misconception that the Canadian government declared the maternity ward to be Dutch territory. That was not necessary, as Canada follows ‘jus soli’, while the Netherlands follows ‘jus sanguinis’. It was sufficient for Canada to disclaim the territory temporarily.” Meaning that “jus soli” citizenship comes from where you’re born, and “jus sanguinis” comes from your parents’ citizenship.

Edited by Capricasix
  • Like 8
  • Useful 8
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Kabota said:

The show is at its best when it expertly layers the quirky and charming with the more psychologically complicated. I loved everything about Roy and Jamie's tour, especially the bike lesson. But hearing why Jamie was so familiar with the city was a gut punch. These two really do need each other.

When you think Tartt Sr couldn't get worse, we learn he took his 14-year-old kid to be, basically, molested. Which, although they sort of played the line as a joke, was apparently traumatising enough that Jamie's blocked it out. It's a miracle he isn't more of a mess, really.

50 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Still thinking of and giggling at the moment Roy was on the bike, Jaime let go and Roy tipped over.  I know it isn’t original, but with grumpy Roy and gleeful Jamie, it was just so funny.

My favourite moment there was when Jamie tried to physically place Roy's foot on the pedal and Roy immediately and furiously stepped right off the bike because that was TOO FAR. Also, "I can't turn the other way!"

1 hour ago, Capricasix said:

This is why I’m hoping that Hot Dutch Guy (HDG) will discover who Rebecca is and go to London to find her. Alternatively, she could go back to Amsterdam to see him again. I will accept either scenario.

Yup. Would love that for her.

1 hour ago, Trillium said:

Finally, I’m glad Ted is finally ready to coach. Beard was right, he needed to just clear his mind.

Somehow I especially love that it wasn't even because of the tea, since it was a bad batch. He just got high on the barbecue sauce that reminds him of home.

• Like 19
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3

Echoing others that this was an excellent episode and a real return to form for Ted Lasso.

Kudos to those who speculated (correctly) that Trent was gay. I was skeptical until the rainbow mug last week, but even then I wasn't sure if it was a red herring or not. I loved his talk with Colin. I don't necessarily want them together romantically, but I would love for Trent to help and support Colin in his coming out. 

Rebecca and the Dutch guy was a nice storyline as well. The show really played up the Romcom meet cute, but it was sweet. I'm always happy when Rebecca is happy. 

Speaking of happy, I didn't realize until Keeley left in the second scene how much I dislike her storyline and character this season. I was certainly happy to have minimal Keeley. I still hope she and Roy are endgame though. They both need to learn about themselves and grow as people and professionals, but can still see a way back together for them.

Minimal Sassy was preferred as well. I audibly groaned when she was on the phone because I assumed she would fly in to Amsterdam for a quick girls' night with Rebecca. I've grown tired of Sassy just showing up whenever the plot requires her to play cheerleader for Rebecca, sleep with Ted, and throw in some snarky comments about Ruperts genitals. She was great in the Liverpool episode in season 1, but I haven't liked her since. 

All in all, great episode. I loved the slow pace, the amount of dialogue, the introspection. It was all really well done. I'll be rewatching this one sooner rather than later.

• Like 14

I really enjoyed the episode and think it’s set up some great movement forward in everyone’s lives, but I clearly didn’t love it as much as y’all did, mostly because I found the Rebecca/hot Dutchman so unbelievable.  Worst meet cute in bad rom-com. 

In real life, I would not shower in the home of a stranger and drink the tea just because his note promised he didn’t drug it.  We would never have even made it to the weird foot kiss.  Sure, force of habit but if he can’t tell a child’s foot from a grownup’s . . .

Husband and I also hated that dress she wore while her clothes dried.  I found myself wondering if that outfit could even go in the dryer.

I loved everyone else’s storyline and all the callbacks to the past (though if I were a hotel employee I wouldn’t have been as delighted to watch the lobby pillow fight, given I would have to clean up all the feathers).

Roy falling off the bike was the laugh I needed, and I also loved Jamie’s encouragement for Roy to try to hit him.  He knows exactly how to motivate Roy to do his best!

• Like 8
14 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

That was awesome. Just want to get that out there before anyone points out any reasons why it wasn’t. 

Nah, this was great.

I'm a bit sad that Keeley's story has gone so far off the rails, that we have to ship her off to Norway, to have an episode that is good through and through, but here we are, I guess.

Why can't I fall into a canal and get rescued by a 10/10 dutch hunk? No fair. This can't be the last we've seen of him, can it?

I really loved the heart to heart between Colin and Trent and how free they seemed partying at the gay bar afterwards.

The Jamie and Roy mini buddy road trip comedy was also great.

Are we to assume that Ted really wasn't under the influence? I mean "a dud batch" can just mean that it works a lot less strongly and if you have absolutely no tolerance, like Ted would, it might still work a little. I have never heard that magic mushrooms had absolutely no psilocybine in them, no matter how incorrectly they were stored. Either way lucky for Ted that it wasn't full strength, because I don't think wandering a city alone the first time you are on mushrooms is a great idea.

Edited by PurpleTentacle
  • Like 19
23 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

I loved everyone else’s storyline and all the callbacks to the past (though if I were a hotel employee I wouldn’t have been as delighted to watch the lobby pillow fight, given I would have to clean up all the feathers).

Isaac is a responsible team captain - I’m sure he made everyone help with the clean up afterwards, heh!

• Like 7
  • LOL 13
37 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

I really enjoyed the episode and think it’s set up some great movement forward in everyone’s lives, but I clearly didn’t love it as much as y’all did, mostly because I found the Rebecca/hot Dutchman so unbelievable.  Worst meet cute in bad rom-com. 

In real life, I would not shower in the home of a stranger and drink the tea just because his note promised he didn’t drug it.  We would never have even made it to the weird foot kiss.  Sure, force of habit but if he can’t tell a child’s foot from a grownup’s . . .

This. Rebecca is a smart woman, a boss bitch, and yet she willingly goes to the home of a complete stranger of a man and takes a shower, hangs out, then sleeps over. In this climate? Not at all smart or safe.

She could've gotten a towel from Mr. Dutch to dry off/keep warm, used his phone to call for transportation back to her hotel, and be on her merry way. And from there maybe they meet for coffee or something. 

This meet-cute was so forced in a worse-than-Hallmark way (because even a Hallmark movie has some exposition and build up) that it was hard to enjoy. 

And don't get me started on Keeley...

Needless to say, I'm so far disappointed in the stories for the women this season.

YMMV

However, the night was delightful for the guys. Higgins slapping the (jazz) base, Jamie teaching Roy how to ride a bike, the team pillow fight, Trent and Colin, Ted at the American restaurant (please tell me that's not for real! lol), Van Gogh! 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 5
12 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

First the struggle to decide the activity with factions and sweet Dani's tulip (I hope he got to see one!).

There was a vase with tulips behind them while they were arguing. So if Dani only moved his head just a little, he should have gotten tulip overload.

13 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

This. Rebecca is a smart woman, a boss bitch, and yet she willingly goes to the home of a complete stranger of a man and takes a shower, hangs out, then sleeps over. In this climate? Not at all smart or safe.

She could've gotten a towel from Mr. Dutch to dry off/keep warm, used his phone to call for transportation back to her hotel, and be on her merry way. And from there maybe they meet for coffee or something. 

I mean that's all the things he offered.

She made a judgement call and it paid off. Most people will not drug and rape you. You are supposed to keep an eye on your glass at a bar, because out of the 1000 people there it's likely that one is a rapist and they'll seize an opportunity, but if you meet one guy randomly while falling into a canal, the odds are very, very low.

• Like 15
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I don't think a Premier League team would be playing a friendly anywhere, never mind abroad in the middle of the season for fear of injuries. 99% of friendlies are played preseason to gain match fitness for when the season starts. This should have been episode 1.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Oh, that was great. An no way Ted been given a live lesson by a museum guide in front of Van Gogh's sunflowers was not a shout out to one of the best Doctor Who episodes ever!

I will handwave away that Rebecca's outfit would not have survived the dryer or that her mascara must be bullet-proof. I was just happy to see her happy. The unicorn room is proof enough for me that the psychic was right (as usual in tv-land) even though I had forgotten about the drenched line.

Piggy Stardust was unexpected laugh at the last minute. Show was firing on all cylinders.

• Like 18

She most certainly did not. When she asked & he said no, he was responding to her implied question.  When he then commented that they did to himself, it was in the more romantic version that of course last night they found chemistry, connection, electricity, whatnot between them.

From your fingertips to the writers' ears. But I thought it was really rather ambiguous. If she turns up pregnant it will be the worst sort of soap opera trope.

I did enjoy this episode though and appreciated that there was minimal Keeley. It's a shame the direction they've taken her character in.

Didn't Colin have a boyfriend back home? Wasn't that the guy Trent saw him kissing outside Sam's restaurant? Why was he going to a gay bar in Amsterdam? Are they maybe not exclusive? It seems odd that he would choose not to hang out with his team to go hang out at a gay bar in a strange city unless he was trying to hook up with someone.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
3 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Didn't Colin have a boyfriend back home? Wasn't that the guy Trent saw him kissing outside Sam's restaurant? Why was he going to a gay bar in Amsterdam? Are they maybe not exclusive?

It was months ago according to Trent. And as Colin said most of his more serious relationships won't last long due to the strain the need for secrecy puts on them. 

• Like 13
  • Useful 3
1 minute ago, iMonrey said:

Didn't Colin have a boyfriend back home? Wasn't that the guy Trent saw him kissing outside Sam's restaurant? Why was he going to a gay bar in Amsterdam? Are they maybe not exclusive? It seems odd that he would choose not to hang out with his team to go hang out at a gay bar in a strange city unless he was trying to hook up with someone.

Not sure how serious they are (he had no issue pretending to be Colin's straight wingman) but I didn't necessarily think Colin was looking for a hookup. I just figured he felt like being in a place where he could feel totally free to be himself around, as opposed to either watch strangers have sex or bus two hours away to a Martin Garrix party. Now had he suspected it'd devolve into a giant pillow fight instead he may have stuck it out 😄

Hopefully Colin gets that big win and opportunity to kiss his fella, whoever he may be.

The museum guide enthusiastically sharing about Van Gogh to an apparent admirer of his work, only to be told by Ted that he was just checking out Kansas' state flower. "We're closing in ten minutes... *walks away*" HA.

• Like 20
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Capricasix said:

After the war, the Dutch government in their gratitude sent thousands of tulip bulbs to Ottawa, and IIRC they continue to do so every year. The city has an annual tulip festival in May, which started with the original Dutch tulip bulbs,and it’s a sign that spring has finally arrived 🌷🌷🌷 

For Dani:

tulips.jpg.939dfbf9d2b187a9024085dcfe86b533.jpg

These tulips are on Lake Ontario in Rochester NY, not Amsterdam, but it is just a 4 hour drive from Ottawa, and faster if you cut across the lake somehow, like maybe a houseboat? 

27 minutes ago, dmeets said:

The museum guide enthusiastically sharing about Van Gogh to an apparent admirer of his work, only to be told by Ted that he was just checking out Kansas' state flower. "We're closing in ten minutes... *walks away*" HA.

But Ted then seems to have seen the Fibonacci pattern in the sunflower, which is derived from Pascal's triangle:
56ce2f278fd14.image.jpg?crop=800,450,0,75&resize=750,422&order=crop,resize

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 6
  • Useful 6
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Teleplay by Brendan Hunt.

19 hours ago, kwnyc said:

I don't think Rebecca and Hot Dutch Houseboat Guy had sex...but they shared a real intimacy. Wasn't the getting wet/going upside down another part of the psychic's prediction?

I guess that explains Rebecca's most-terrible-question-asked-by-a-woman-written-by-men. 
So she's talking about feeling an intimate closeness without any physical morning afterness? 
And Brendan Hunt is poking fun at all those horrible morning after questions ever written by men for female characters to say?
I hope so.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

It's gotten to the point where I audibly groan when Keeley pops up in a scene. Even while explaining about going to Norway to see the aurora borealis she came off as dumb as a box of rocks and I just wanted her to be gone already. If she does get back with Roy, and I could not care less if she does or doesn't at this point, changing her back to the smart, savvy, fun Keeley Roy fell in love with will give the viewers whiplash.

As someone posted above, this episode was energized because KJPR was NOT a focus.

• Like 18
8 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

These tulips are on Lake Ontario in Rochester NY, not Amsterdam, but it is just a 4 hour drive from Ottawa, and faster if you cut across the lake somehow, like maybe a houseboat: 

There used to be a ferry from Toronto to Rochester, but that didn’t last very long. I went there with my fam a few years ago and we visited the toy museum - what a great place!

• Like 5
  • Wink 1
28 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

Piggy Stardust was unexpected laugh at the last minute. Show was firing on all cylinders.

Yes! I loved that Ted wasn’t phased for more a second seeing Beard like that and immediately got it. Those two are so on the same wavelength.

(I honestly didn’t realise that was actually Beard until he got on the bus, haha!)

• Like 18
34 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

It's like the writers looked at last season's "Beard After Hours" and thought, huh, maybe it would be more interesting to see what everyone else was up to.  Piggy Stardust was just the right amount of Beard weird.

Maybe a dumb question, but Will - his character is always listed in the credits as "Will Kitman".  Is that his actual name?  Is he supposed to be such a cypher that his only identity is his job?  Am I overthinking this?

• Like 9

Love all the posts above.  I agree this was a wonderful episode.  I also enjoyed the Amsterdam scenery.  I was there once.  It's a beautiful little city.

I love the team cohesiveness, as was demonstrated in their voting on their evening activities.  Instead of being macho jerks, the players are so sweet.  They always pull together, and when they make fun of each other it's still in a gentle kind of way.  Maybe real footballers wouldn't be like that, but it fits with this show. 

• Like 9
  • Love 2

Finally…an episode where the true heart of the show was on full display. So much warmth and companionship, especially Higgins & Will and Trent & Colin.

1 hour ago, MissLucas said:

I will handwave away that Rebecca's outfit would not have survived the dryer or that her mascara must be bullet-proof. I was just happy to see her happy. 

Was thinking the same thing: that coat would not fare well in that dryer. Love seeing Rebecca happy as well. Maybe it was a bit too cute and perfect but I enjoyed it.

2 hours ago, PurpleTentacle said:

I'm a bit sad that Keeley's story has gone so far off the rails, that we have to ship her off to Norway, to have an episode that is good through and through, but here we are, I guess.

53 minutes ago, Juneau Gal said:

It's gotten to the point where I audibly groan when Keeley pops up in a scene…

…As someone posted above, this episode was energized because KJPR was NOT a focus.

Agree with these comments on Keeley’s storyline. I’m confused about the choices made to remove her from nearly everyone else’s story. I assume that there is a goal in mind but, regardless, the journey isn’t engaging. 

Edited by Ellaria Sand
  • Like 10

Echoing all the love for this episode. Every storyline worked for me. Everything about Jamie and Roy was spectacular--even at the start, when Jamie was just running around cheerfully pointing out all the landmarks while Roy glowered and struggled to keep up, I absolutely loved it. Then introducing the idea of finding a real windmill, then the bikes, then *Jamie teaching Roy how to ride a bike* ("I can't turn the other way!"), and then Jamie and Roy opening up to each other? Just tremendous from top to bottom. And I don't care that people don't really do that in real life, I laughed every time Roy tipped straight over like a book falling over on a shelf.

Loved that the team's big night out was pulled off the rails by trying to decide what to do. I like that Isaac was adamant that they stick together, I loved Dani and his tulip ("*Someone* wrote it in Spanish," hee!), and it cracked me up that when they finally decided what to do, it then immediately devolved into a fight over where to eat. I lol'd when Richard shouted, "As a Frenchman, I'd rather die!!!" at the suggestion that they get Dutch food. The pillow fight solution was wonderful.

It took a little while for Ted's story to get going, but once he left the hotel, I really liked the journey he went on. Loved the resonance of the tour guide's remarks, Ted being drawn to Sunflowers for personal reasons, the server at the American restaurant not understanding his Chicago references (or even that Chicago *was* the Windy City!), and his triangle epiphany. I kind of liked Beard/Piggy Stardust (hee!) telling him at the end that he hadn't actually invented something new, but it was still a bold move that could get Richmond out of the rut they've been in. And so important to see Ted finally being engaged with coaching again--that's been long overdue.

Great conversation between Colin and Trent. What Colin said about the "ache" was so poignant, and I liked Trent acknowledging that he can sympathize, but he knows that Colin's profession puts him in a different position than Trent. As someone mentioned upthread, I like that *after* they had their sad/supportive conversation, they went back to the bar and spent the rest of the night having fun.

I agree that Rebecca's storyline was rom-com unrealistic--regardless of the odds of this one individual man being dangerous, I think it'd be much harder for a woman in that situation to feel safe enough to allow any of the things that followed. But we know the show believes in rom-communism, and I found myself liking it in a, "This is the sort of thing we could do if the world wasn't trash," kind of way. I liked Houseboat Guy and loved his explanation of "gezellig." No literal fulfillment of the thunder-and-lightning part of the prediction yet, but Roy did once tell Rebecca she should be with someone who makes her feel like she's been struck by lightning.

Leslie and Will were so much fun together. I laughed at everybody's reactions to Leslie's comments, and I loved Will thinking he and Leslie were going to solve the mystery of Chet Baker's death. Good on Will for not letting Leslie back down when one of the musicians asked him if he played.

Edited by angora
I can't spell
  • Like 18
  • Love 2

Unpopular opinion, but for me this episode was "meh"...
I felt that all the "TedLassiness" of it was forced, I found all the stories uninspired, Rebbeca's one awkwardly acted and only the Jazz club and the Colin-Trent ones a tad interesting.
The season continues to feel off, there is no spark, everyone seems tired or bored, especially the lead.

• Like 8
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, Trillium said:

I’m totally convinced now Roy and Keeley do reunite. Rebecca is totally Team Roy, and while they’ve hinted maybe Keeley might still be into Jamie, Jamie wouldn’t do that to his granddad bro.

I still think the perfect configuration for them is a thruple. I will die on that hill.

3 hours ago, angora said:

I liked Houseboat Guy and loved his explanation of "hezellig."

Wasn't it "gezellig"? The dutch just pronounce their "g"s like "ch"s.

We have "gesellig" in german and while I think it has the same root, it seems to have taken on a bit more meaning in dutch. In german it's more "being together with people you like and having a good time". So kinda the theme of the episode. But your mind, your heart and your soul can't be "gesellig", while seemingly they can be "gezellig".

Edited by PurpleTentacle
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2