Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Pterodactyls Can Fly

• Start Topic

will-trent-episode-10.jpg
A trailer park massacre leaves a young boy without his family; and Will, strongly opposed to leaving him, becomes his temporary guardian. Meanwhile, Faith receives a visit from her mother, and Angie spirals from incidents of her past.

Premiere Date: Tuesday, March 28, 2023    10pm     ABC
167021_5376-900x0.jpg
French Stewart as Lenny Broussard
167021_6969-900x0.jpg

LisaGay Hamilton as Evelyn Mitchell

Next New Episode: April 18, 2023

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Useful 1

Come on show. You can tell the grandmother was evil as soon as she came on screen.

Interesting between Faith's mother and Will and Faith's mother and Amanda.  She won't take any accountability for her actions.

Angie is correct and the pedo is still preying on young girls.  Maybe it's the daughter, maybe it's a friend of hers.  Angie should go to Will and not go back to her old habits.

That kid with Will was too cute.

• Like 21
  • LOL 1

Why didn’t Angie record what the perv said to her sitting on the bench?  It could be used as an admission.  Lots of sexual abuse case are prosecuted many years later.  Or, in the least, expose him.  I guess, someone will kill the guy and Angie will be blamed.  

• Like 20
  • Applause 1
12 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Why didn’t Angie record what the perv said to her sitting on the bench?  It could be used as an admission.  Lots of sexual abuse case are prosecuted many years later.  Or, in the least, expose him.  I guess, someone will kill the guy and Angie will be blamed.  

I thought the same thing and at the time, I thought she might be recording him.  But the writers clearly want this story line to continue for awhile and not catch the guy too quickly.  I was bummed at the very end when Angie met up with someone for nothing good…

Amanda coloring alongside the little boy — loved that scene along with so many others in this episode.  

I enjoyed the Faith scenes with her mom, both the mother-daughter personal and the former cop aspects that her mom brought to the case.

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Like 16

Betty is usually so quiet! Yet she was making noise in the ceiling. Nooooooooo!!

It was hard for me to believe Faith's mother was not only willing to drug suspects, but also to admit it in the open with no shame. I was glad Amanda was not feeling guilty for having her investigated. 

Will with the kid was amazing. I was surprised that the mom actually was coming back, lik the kid said she was. I think Will lied about his own mom coming back, so he wouldn't scare the kid. It was a bit concerning just how calm the kid stayed, though, after witnessing the massacre. 

Angie, Angie, Angie... I agree she should have taped him. And threatening to kill him is going to come back and bite her, no doubt. 

It made me sad when Will reached out to her and asked for help and she wasn't there for him. I know she was off the ledge herself, but it still made me sad for Will. 

Amanda got at least a little more to do this week. I loved her with the kid, especially. 

I'm sad there are only 3 eps left and we don't get one next week. 

• Like 19
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

My fear was that he was recording her.   He could say he was lying and baiting her because she was stalking him. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 3

I love how Will used chicken nuggets and fries to help Theo opening up to him and started talking about the crime scene.

“What’s wrong with your face? Oh, I get it. Before human beings reach adulthood and report to work, they are small. We call them children.”

🤣🤣🤣

Junior Agent Theo Davis. Cuteness overload! ❤️

E782702E-E5D4-474C-88BC-284A59967AB3.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

Betty has to be the mellowest Chihuaha that was ever born. Most of the ones I've met could easily be classified as Land Piranhas.

My friend's Chi was just as chill. Never barked. It's all about socialization and training.

I would like to know from which foster home or from whom did Will adopt his dress of 3 piece suits and ties.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Yeah, I didn’t get why a dog that rarely barks starts barking incessantly.  Plus, Betty is super smart and intuitive. Wouldn’t she be trying to help protect the boy?  I guess it worked out.  

I'm not wild about seeing two rogue.  female cops on the show.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 5
10 hours ago, possibilities said:

It was hard for me to believe Faith's mother was not only willing to drug suspects, but also to admit it in the open with no shame.

I was a little concerned that she mentioned Amanda was in it with her (she did, right?). If so, Amanda has definitely changed.

I hope we get more about what happened in Faith's mother's unit. Was Evelyn's claim that she was just a whistleblower correct? Or was she hoping by turning in her people, she could get away clean? Amanda said Evelyn should have expected this outcome and would never have been allowed to stay which does not support the whistleblower claim. What exactly did she expect Amanda to do with the information that Evelyn had found corruption? Amanda was right when she pointed out she had to do everything by the book.

5 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

I love how Will used chicken nuggets and fries to help Theo opening up to him and started talking about the crime scene.

And that they referred to his uncle as the "third nugget" at the hardware store. Will really is good with kids.

13 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

IMDb - Callan Barry

His imdb picture is adorable!

I am not enjoying Angela's storyline at all. It can't end well. I was especially annoyed with her sponsor promising to cover for her with their Captain. How was he planning on doing that if the fiancée was filling out a complaint? Plus, the Captain should know what's going on. We know Angie is right about this guy but cops covering for each other is not a good thing in general.

• Like 7

Oh my gosh, Will as dad! Love love love. 
also love mini will Trent-way too cute!

anyone think we are getting a fake out with Angie? She’s buying the drugs not for herself but to either plant on that guy or to use to kill him/fake an od?

• Like 11
  • Useful 4
9 minutes ago, HelloooKitty said:

anyone think we are getting a fake out with Angie? She’s buying the drugs not for herself but to either plant on that guy or to use to kill him/fake an od?

Oooh, I never thought of that! I was SO sure she was recording their conversation, but then when she told him she would kill him, I thought, OK, guess not.

• Like 12

My guess is that he was recording the conversation as someone above mentioned.  He will end up dead (probably the daughter who was denying he was doing something or her friend) and the girlfriend will be able to show that Angie was "harrasing" him.   They will get in trouble for bringing him in, approaching the girl, and the recording he has of Angie threatening him will be the smoking gun, probably an edited version that does not include his confession. 

Did I see Mark  Paul in the previews?  I am interested that they are bringing him back. 

The episode was ok, but if there are any Monk fans here it reminded me too much of when Monk took in a toddler that witnessed a crime.   Asking to take him in, the matching clothes....etc. 

I was interested in the direction they are taking with Evelyn and Amanda....and annoyed that we are going on another "break."  When series are struggling to be renewed having these "breaks" messes up gaining an audience. 

Edited by catrice2
  • Like 6

The nickname "Mandy" has never been so ill-suited to somebody like Amanda, no matter who calls her that.  I really disliked Faith's mom.  I hope she isn't around very long.  And I really hope that Faith's apple has fallen FAR from that tree. 

I almost thought Will was going to give Betty to Theo.  I'm glad his mom came back & seems like a decent & caring person.  

The running chainsaw on the floor gave me the creeps.  One false move, and oops, there goes a hand.....Ick...

I'm hoping Angie is going to rein it in before her issue with Lenny goes too far.  Too many people in the station know about him, what he did & how he's affecting her.  Enough eyes on her will prevent anything too bad from happening.  I hope. 

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 6
11 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

The nickname "Mandy" has never been so ill-suited to somebody like Amanda, no matter who calls her that.  I really disliked Faith's mom.  I hope she isn't around very long.  And I really hope that Faith's apple has fallen FAR from that tree. 

I almost thought Will was going to give Betty to Theo.  I'm glad his mom came back & seems like a decent & caring person.  

The running chainsaw on the floor gave me the creeps.  One false move, and oops, there goes a hand.....Ick...

I'm hoping Angie is going to rein it in before her issue with Lenny goes too far.  Too many people in the station know about him, what he did & how he's affecting her.  Enough eyes on her will prevent anything too bad from happening.  I hope. 

Surely the chains aren’t attached on chainsaws out in the open in a hardware store? That seems like a major liability. 

• Like 5

I couldn't understand how Faith's mom could just tag along like she did-first to the office then to the hospital.  Especially as she seems to blame/dislike Will and he's her daughter's partner.

Loved Will, Theo, and Betty.  Now that's an adorable family unit (grrrr that the mom came back [not really as I'm not heartless, but still...]).

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, HelloooKitty said:

Surely the chains aren’t attached on chainsaws out in the open in a hardware store? That seems like a major liability. 

They are if you are recreating the scene from the Equalizer where Denzel takes out the bad guys in the hardware section of a Lowe's like store😃

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I do not like the way they are writing the Angie character.  I dislike her very much.  She uses Will as her crutch.  He can't move on because she won't let him.  He has shown her nothing but love and concern.  She has shown him nothing in return.  She lies, she deceives, she hides her feeling etc.  He on the other hand opens up to her completely.  I just wish they would write her character as being a little more charitable towards will.  She's going to do something stupid to try to catch Lenny and she's going to be one in the hot seat.  I hope they don't spend a lot of time on her character.  I am so tired of her already.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

Will Trent and how he treats those who have been in the system is the heart of this show.   When you know, you know.  He can connect because he has been there and has the scars to prove it.   I wish Will had a job where he worked with and advocated for people in the foster care system.   

I do wonder how many times Will can adopt a wayward animal or child.   First Betty, then Nico and now this adorable little boy.  

Theo and Will wearing matching suits absolutely killed me.   And then Will carefully packing his stuff up and showing him how to take care of his things.   I've seen more than my share of foster children who have to carry their belongings in garbage bags.   Loved the kindness that Will continued to show him.  

Faith, her meddlesome mother and her PTSD was also really interesting.  In the real world, I can't see Faith's mom being able to tag along on any case given her IA investigation.   But, it's a TV show and so I'm gonna go with it.   The fact that she was so open about drugging a witness told me everything I needed to know.   She's a "ends justifies the means" person. 

Angie and her peso abuser....I fear that he was recording her and if/when he shows up dead that'll it be bad news for her.   It's too bad she can't talk to Will about what is going on.  She's so closed off.  Will was triggered by having Theo and the memories it brought up...and he called Angie for support.   I hope Angie doesn't actually use, but it's more realistic that she does.  

I really like this show.  So much more than I expected to.  

Edited by shelley1234
words are hard
  • Like 16
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Evagirl said:

He has shown her nothing but love and concern.  She has shown him nothing in return.  She lies, she deceives, she hides her feeling etc. 

Will and Angie are my least favorite relationship on the show, so I really liked that they were apart this whole episode. They are just toxic together and I don't get any chemistry from them.

• Like 8
6 hours ago, catrice2 said:

The episode was ok, but if there are any Monk fans here it reminded me too much of when Monk took in a toddler that witnessed a crime.   Asking to take him in, the matching clothes....etc. 

i loved that episode! also the one where he cares for a victim’s dog, as well. 

sure, there are similarities between the two characters. but much as i love monk, in some ways, i’m finding myself liking will even more.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm used to Law & Order rules, fruit of the poisonous forest. The detective might be going to jail and not allowed to resign like the Captain.

I wondered where the grandmother and two uncles thought they could run to with Theo with a dead GBI Agent in their store.

• Like 2
On 3/28/2023 at 11:33 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Didn't he already go to jail for what he did to her? 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

He did.  And he originally claimed he had changed…but it is clear he still takes no responsibility and victim blames, which means he will reoffend. 

• Like 9
4 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Has that been confirmed? For some reason, I was thinking Angie hadn't reported him (she and Will didn't seem to have much faith (heh) in the system in the flashback episode). I'm sure, sadly, there were other girls who might have gone to the authorities (and been believed).

• Like 1
3 hours ago, DEL901 said:

He did.  And he originally claimed he had changed…but it is clear he still takes no responsibility and victim blames, which means he will reoffend. 

Right but if he went to jail for what he did to Angie (which hasn't been confirmed but we do know he has been to jail) then recording him couldn't lead to an arrest. It'd be pointless.

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Right but if he went to jail for what he did to Angie (which hasn't been confirmed but we do know he has been to jail) then recording him couldn't lead to an arrest. It'd be pointless.

if she records him and he infers/says he's still preying on little girls, he could be arrested

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, cinsays said:

if she records him and he infers/says he's still preying on little girls, he could be arrested

They'd need a victim willing to come forward and a specific complaint. Inference wouldn't be enough.

• Like 3
On 3/28/2023 at 11:32 PM, possibilities said:

It was hard for me to believe Faith's mother was not only willing to drug suspects, but also to admit it in the open with no shame. I was glad Amanda was not feeling guilty for having her investigated.

Me too, but then I realized she'd already paid the price for her methods. OTH, it is very true to life that someone in that position would think nothing of drugging a suspect to get them to answer questions.

I too, felt badly for Will when he called Angie for some help. He doesn't often open up. I loved Will's protectiveness of the boy and the system, and Amanda figuring out a way for him to take temporary custody of the boy.

11 hours ago, wonderwoman said:

sure, there are similarities between the two characters. but much as i love monk, in some ways, i’m finding myself liking will even more.

There are, and I love both characters. But I guess I do like Will more. He's tenderhearted, and Monk was a lot of things, but that wasn't one of them.

11 hours ago, Raja said:

I wondered where the grandmother and two uncles thought they could run to with Theo with a dead GBI Agent in their store.

The old saying "crooks are stupid" is right so much of the time. Even if they removed the body, it's not like the cops didn't know where Will was supposed to be.

Angie drives me crazy, and I want to sympathize, but most of it has been intellectual sympathy. The bus stop scene changed that to actual sympathy, and though she's self-destructing, I am more worried for than annoyed by her. The Stones "Angie" played through my mind, but just a few of the anguished lyrics.

• Like 13
1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:

The old saying "crooks are stupid" is right so much of the time. Even if they removed the body, it's not like the cops didn't know where Will was supposed to be.

As the Equalizer movie homage was playing out on screen Captain Mitchel's line from the episode was also playing out in my mind.

• Like 1

Will with that kid was so adorable, the only thing cuter than Will and Theo's matching suites was Theo and Betty, who are just so cute they might cause me to explode. I really appreciate how understanding and protective of kids who have been in the system or are in otherwise rough situations, he's really great with people (and dogs) that need some help. I knew that Theo couldn't stay with him but it would be nice if maybe they could stay in touch or his mom could send updates. I was honestly surprised that the mom really did come back, I figured that Will was lying about thinking that Theo's mom would come back to make him feel better. I definitely think he was lying about his own mom. 

I was hoping we would meet Faith's mom and she is certainly something. She really seems to think that she did nothing wrong and that her being fired was this big miscarriage of justice, when it sounds like she absolutely was engaging in sketchy things. It seems like Amanda might have also engaged in some of her ends justifying the means as well but she has clearly straightened up while Faith's mom still thinks that everything she did was alright. Faith just seems exhausted by her. 

Not too surprisingly, Angie's foster dad is still a piece of shit. I really hope that she can talk to Will or someone about what she is feeling, she seems to be spiraling pretty quickly. If he isn't already abusing the daughter or one of her friends then he certainly will be soon. I was so sure that Angie was secretly taping him when they talked, but now it seems like she's doing something much worse. His fiancé might but that he's changed but I just cant imagine being just like "he's a good person, he did his time" about a rapist, especially if I had a kid in the house with him.  

Obviously the grandma did it the first time we saw her.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Like 7
  • Love 2
On 3/29/2023 at 3:28 PM, HelloooKitty said:

They're on open display with chains at the local hardware (Ace) store here.  However, they're attached to the display shelf and don't have any gasoline in them.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 3/29/2023 at 6:30 PM, seacliffsal said:

I couldn't understand how Faith's mom could just tag along like she did-first to the office then to the hospital.  Especially as she seems to blame/dislike Will and he's her daughter's partner.

Tv magic mostly.  Plus storyline from the start.   Will Trent getting her fired is why half the department hates him so doing a personality profile on her was a fun idea.   It started with maybe the idea that she was the one who brought in the tip that there was a dirty cop in her department and just got swept up in the blame game.   That she is almost as smart as Will Trent is.   So it is a shame to lose an intelligent black female cop to what amounts to politics.  But as the episode goes on the line about drugging  a suspect makes you realize that Faith’s mom is of the old world of cops that was fine with drugging suspects  and beating them up in an alley to get a confession.   So even if the rest was true maybe it is ok that she is gone.    Her daughter on the other hand and maybe because of this is a much more honest by the book cop and a perfect partner for Will Trent.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Like 11
  • Love 1

While I doubt Lenny was rehabilitated in any way, he may have just wised up in WHERE he gets his victims.  Prison can definitely teach perverts how to be sneakier when they get out. 

Atlanta has a seedy downtown scene where girls younger than 15 will service guys just like him for a few bucks.  He could be keeping it clean & innocent at home, thus the believable reactions of the teen & her mom.  Yeah, these guys get off on the power & illicitness more than the sex, but the ladies REALLY sold me on their not being complicit in his sick pedo act.  Of course I could be totally wrong. 

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1

I thought the sex offender served time on charges for other girls and not Angie.  So, if he already served time for Angie’s case, yes, it would be double jeopardy, if that’s the case.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
(edited)

I am curious if this episode has any relation to a story in the book series.  Not asking for book talk here, just asking a yes or no if the episode related to anything in the books.  I have not read the books yet, so I wasn't sure.

Living in Southwestern Ohio, the shooting at the trailers made me think of the 2016 Pike County Massacre.  Once they found "Scoot"/Theo, the real life tragedy was all that I could think about.  

With having a book series to draw inspiration from I am hoping that "Will Trent" does not become a "ripped from the headlines" type of series.

Edited by Pixley
Not asking for book spoilers.
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

I was so curious about Faith's mother and was glad we got to see her.  Too bad she was a corrupt cop because she is obviously a good detective and her years of experience adds to her perceptions. 

With her, I think the show is once again doing a good job with portraying the nuances of police corruption.  While she may not have been the worst of the lot and wantonly killing folks, she does represent the same casual corruption they displayed with Ormewood earlier.  Also she was part of a system that felt it was completely ok with ignoring rights and correct procedure if it mean flexing your authority or supposedly getting your man.  That she still feels that is ok is very telling, even in the current environment and especially as a black woman.  It sounds like she thought she was in the clear for getting real bad cops out but never saw the level of what she participated in as bad or corrupt. 

That was rather an excessive way to get custody. Damn.

I wonder if that chainsaw must've been electric rather than gas?  What store keeps gas in a chainsaw in a store?  Also that store was a mom and pop store not the size of a Lowe's or Home Depot.  To get a gas chainsaw going is like getting a gas lawn mower going, you have to pull on the choke, get it it burp and get it to start.  That would have been noisy and time consuming and gave away his position. And they are louder than electric chainsaws.  Whereas with an electric one, you just need to find an outlet,plug it in, and click on a switch.  It also has a lower hum. 

Will is perfect in his protector mode.  What a very nice character beat and Ramón Rodríguez has that aspect of the character on lock! 

Not feeling Angie's storyline, tbh.  But then again, I am not a fan shows that showcase damaged characters who lean into their damage.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Pixley said:

Living in Southwestern Ohio, the shooting at the trailers made me think of the 2016 Pike County Massacre.  Once they found "Scoot"/Theo, the real life tragedy was all that I could think about.  

As soon as they showed that they had killed the entire family, I immediately thought of the Pike County case.

9 hours ago, Pixley said:

I am curious if this episode has any relation to a story in the book series.  Not asking for book talk here, just asking a yes or no if the episode related to anything in the books.  I have not read the books yet, so I wasn't sure.

With having a book series to draw inspiration from I am hoping that "Will Trent" does not become a "ripped from the headlines" type of series.

considering that the book series usually works on one case at a time and there really hasn't been that many books then they are going to have to have other cases than the ones that are covered in the books to make a whole or multiple seasons

Also due to certain character change issues they will not be able to follow the books  for inspiration to the letter and will have to have more stories

No.

Hoping for a season 2.🤞

• Like 4
  • Useful 1