Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Pterodactyls Can Fly

• Start Topic

On 3/29/2023 at 8:10 AM, greekmom said:

My friend's Chi was just as chill. Never barked. It's all about socialization and training.

I would like to know from which foster home or from whom did Will adopt his dress of 3 piece suits and ties.

I have a chihuahua who is just like Betty. She is charming and quiet.

• Like 5
  • Hugs 1

I’m really enjoying this show but I do not like the direction they’re taking Angie. While I appreciate the effort to portray her struggles with addiction in a realistic manner (rather than hand-waving it away as “that time I was a junkie but I’m better now” as many shows do), they’re scooting dangerously close to putting her in irredeemable territory. 

Homicide: Life on the Streets did this when one detective came to the unit under a cloud of suspicion from an accusation in his previous unit. The show spent almost an entire season establishing that detective’s integrity and he was ultimately cleared (as we knew he would be). Then what did the show do? A season later, after spending all this time writing him as a clean, honest cop, he kills a suspect in cold blood in front of his partner and then spends a bunch of episodes trying to cover everything up. It completely ruined the show for me. 

I would like to see Angie take a proper leave of absence to get herself squared away and let Will figure out how not to lean on her.

• Like 2
On 4/5/2023 at 12:35 PM, sharifa70 said:

I’m really enjoying this show but I do not like the direction they’re taking Angie. While I appreciate the effort to portray her struggles with addiction in a realistic manner (rather than hand-waving it away as “that time I was a junkie but I’m better now” as many shows do), they’re scooting dangerously close to putting her in irredeemable territory. 

Homicide: Life on the Streets did this when one detective came to the unit under a cloud of suspicion from an accusation in his previous unit. The show spent almost an entire season establishing that detective’s integrity and he was ultimately cleared (as we knew he would be). Then what did the show do? A season later, after spending all this time writing him as a clean, honest cop, he kills a suspect in cold blood in front of his partner and then spends a bunch of episodes trying to cover everything up. It completely ruined the show for me. 

I would like to see Angie take a proper leave of absence to get herself squared away and let Will figure out how not to lean on her.

OMG I loved Homicide and you accurately summed up why it went south for me.  The Kellerman story and the Bayless story....

• Like 2

I do not like the way they are writing the Angie character.  I dislike her very much.

I know we're not supposed to talk about the books, but I feel it is vital to understanding the series.  We're not supposed to like Angie.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
On 3/29/2023 at 5:03 AM, NeenerNeener said:

Betty has to be the mellowest Chihuaha that was ever born. Most of the ones I've met could easily be classified as Land Piranhas.

Well, Betty is a sophisticated actress. 😎

• Applause 1
  • LOL 5

Man, I just love this show. Except...damn Angie, I'm getting tired of her mess. Honestly if she's going off the deep end, I wish she'd just fuckin jump already. If she's not, then get it together. I don't care enough about her yet to be heavily invested in her spiral so she's starting to annoy me. Plus she couldn't be there for Will, as much as he's been there for her, and he IS who I care about. I'm also fully invested in Faith and Amanda, so Angie wouldn't be a great loss, I can cut her loose real easy. 

• Like 1
On 4/2/2023 at 12:50 PM, DearEvette said:

That was rather an excessive way to get custody. Damn.

On 4/2/2023 at 7:51 PM, mrsbagnet said:

As soon as they showed that they had killed the entire family, I immediately thought of the Pike County case.

Exactly what I was thinking of, as well as the Dateline episode with the baby's father's mother who murdered the baby's mom in shopping mall parking lot while wearing a disguise. People be crazy.

On 3/30/2023 at 11:26 AM, Clanstarling said:

Angie drives me crazy, and I want to sympathize, but most of it has been intellectual sympathy. The bus stop scene changed that to actual sympathy, and though she's self-destructing, I am more worried for than annoyed by her. The Stones "Angie" played through my mind, but just a few of the anguished lyrics.

On 4/2/2023 at 12:50 PM, DearEvette said:

Not feeling Angie's storyline, tbh.  But then again, I am not a fan shows that showcase damaged characters who lean into their damage.

This is where I am as well with her. My opinion is based on people in my life who have used childhood trauma as a crutch and an excuse for their piss poor decisions in life. No matter how many times they have been offered help, or been given assistance, they continue to sabotage any chance for a better future because, well, "poor me". 

On 3/29/2023 at 10:22 PM, wonderwoman said:

i loved that episode! also the one where he cares for a victim’s dog, as well. 

sure, there are similarities between the two characters. but much as i love monk, in some ways, i’m finding myself liking will even more.

I didn't say there were similarities between the characters. I said they lifted the plot and details from an episode of Monk in the same episode they copied the Equalizer

On 3/29/2023 at 10:20 PM, HelloooKitty said:

Oh my gosh, Will as dad! Love love love. 
also love mini will Trent-way too cute!

anyone think we are getting a fake out with Angie? She’s buying the drugs not for herself but to either plant on that guy or to use to kill him/fake an od?

Yes. I know that the season has ended in the States but it hasn't where I live; I don't know what happens but, yes, this is what I thought.

• Like 2