Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E07: Jamaican Me Crazy

• Start Topic

The return to reality looms as our five couples share their final moments together in paradise.  One couple fights their way back to common ground, while another's heart to heart does more harm than good.  As the couples travel back to Nashville, the shared spaces will deepen some bonds, while others contemplate what they signed up for.

Airs Wednesday February 15 at 8:00PM EST.

Dominique needs to get rid of the word “like”. She’s so immature and that makes her seem more so. 
ETA that Nicole was wonderful about the dog situation.  I’m the one who would be sobbing uncontrollably about missing my own dog or cats, so I feel for Chris. 
Noooo Airris the idiot and Jasmine (?) with the like like like!  

Edited by Meowwww
  • Like 9
  • Applause 1
4 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Dominique needs to get rid of the word “like”. She’s so immature and that makes her seem more so. 

Like, in this last segment Dom said Like about 50 times. 

13 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Clint might have stuck his foot in his mouth, but I don't think he deserved to get ganged up on.  

Yes, I posted too fast, he didn’t deserve the gang up especially when Chris and Airris were basically on his side on the beach  and then didn’t say a word to defend him at the table. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

I’m not sure his “exoneration” as he called it, came off like he thought it did.  I think he’s clueless.  Just best not to revisit commenting on a woman’s body.

Wow, Chris was sobbing, Justin style. I’m sure there is a solution and the apartment may make an exception anyway since it’s short term. 

• Like 9
Just now, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m not sure his “exoneration” as he called it, came off like he thought it did.  I think he’s clueless.  Just best not to revisit commenting on a woman’s body.

Wow, Chris was sobbing, Justin style. I’m sure there is a solution and the apartment may make an exception anyway since it’s short term. 

Clint uses all these big words to feel smart, but he uses a lot of them incorrectly. I still don’t see “ginger”. I see brown hair that’s bleached blonde from the sun, pink/fair skin, and freckles (sun damage).  I don’t see red hair and neither does hubby. 
Producer shenanigans finding an apartment that only allows 2 dogs/pets. 

• Like 13

According to Clint, he's "been through the rigors". OK, Chuck, get yourself back to the Dollar Store for a copy of Idioms for Idiots.

I love my pets, too, but I wouldn't be sobbing over a short separation. Especially when he can always visit them.

• Like 11
  • LOL 4

Gina told Clint she is not attracted to gingers/redheads.  He told the group he generally dated women who are slender/athletic.  He didn't say he wasn't attracted to Gina.  What's the problem?  What did I miss?

Nicole was so magnanimous!  She graciously accepted Clint's apology for the group--after all, if Gina is ok with it, then they will accept it, too.  Shut up, Nicole.  You're not involved in this marriage--pipe down.

Jasmine is attractive but beauty contest winner?  How many were in the pageant--2?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

Apparently another weird thing Airris does is he likes to gobble his meals over the sink.

I do that sometimes, too.  Granted, when you're living with someone else you might not do it anymore, or as much.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
12 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I've heard the phrase "through the rigors" many times on tv, even from reporters, so I don't think it's a big deal that Clint said it.

Yikes. I've repeatedly heard "for all intensive purposes" and "doggy dog world" and "nip it in the butt", but they're still wrong.

Jasmine said "peculiar" when she meant "particular". Meh, maybe both can apply to Airris. 

1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

Welp, Clint has exonerated himself for the time being. He needs to shut up and talk less, he’s probably going to say something else to offend Gina and the other women. He definitely has foot in mouth disease. 

Ha, wait till the ladies see his sex-obsessed comments to the camera. Seems like Jasmine's OK with it though.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
1 minute ago, kikicat said:

Yikes. I've repeatedly heard "for all intensive purposes" and "doggy dog world" and "nip it in the butt", but they're still wrong.

My point was that some phrases aren't that big of a deal, at least not to me.  Yes, other phrases can be annoying, too,

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, rebel2u said:

Jasmine is attractive but beauty contest winner?  How many were in the pageant--2?

At some point, it was revealed that the pageants were pay-for-entry, so I got the impression her titles were not actually that impressive. Can't remember if that was on the show or something I read online.

3 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

My point was that some phrases aren't that big of a deal, at least not to me.  Yes, other phrases can be annoying, too,

Sure, to each her own. I make my living as a writer, so it does matter to me (and my copy editors). My editor learned to trust me when I used somewhat obscure phrases like "catercorner". Yes, a lot of people find that pedantic! 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

Clint might have stuck his foot in his mouth, but I don't think he deserved to get ganged up on.  

How did Gina get off scot-free and not have to own up to her “ginger” remarks? Not cool. 

Gina’s up the nostrils confessional was a HORRIBLE angle for her. Not a flattering view. AT ALL. 

And UGH NO Gina (though most likely producer-driven, to be fair) - NOT the rate your one-week relationship 1-10 convo! That NEVER ends well. So stupid. 

Edited by ChiMama
  • Like 12
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Yeah, I just can't go for that. I need a man that can keep it together better than that. I don't need a stoic macho man, but sobbing over a 2 month inconvenience....nah!

1 hour ago, rebel2u said:

Nicole was so magnanimous!  She graciously accepted Clint's apology for the group--after all, if Gina is ok with it, then they will accept it, too.  Shut up, Nicole.  You're not involved in this marriage--pipe down.

Yes! And she kept saying that he never apologized to Gina when Gina clearly stated that they had talked and he had apologized. Nicole even mentioned the "non-apology" on the Aftershow.

Speaking of the Aftershow, I cannot stand KPP as the host. She is always putting down the men or making fun of them and she never does the same with the women or hold them accountable. Today she kept going on and on about Chris crying. Nicole kept making excuses for him and KPP called her on it. It seemed Nicole was not too pleased. I really wish KPP be replaced.

1 hour ago, rebel2u said:

Right!?

She's pretty, but nothing to write home about.

• Like 8

Did Shaq say anything substantial this episode? All I seem to remember is him uttering an encouraging phrase to Clint during the dinner. Poor Shaq, seems like a good guy but got stuck with frigid Kirsten who doesn't like to kiss or joke around.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
30 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Speaking of the Aftershow, I cannot stand KPP as the host. She is always putting down the men or making fun of them and she never does the same with the women or hold them accountable.

That appears to be a theme of this season so far. I’m a woman and all for female empowerment & equality, but some of these women have a very entitled & I can do no wrong attitude. I’m looking at you Kirsten, Gina, and (especially) Dom. It’s almost patronizing how these wives are being portrayed as perfect princesses with their challenging missions to “improve” their poor clueless toad husbands. Gimme a break. No one on this show is perfect, but it’s not being positioned fairly or in an unbiased way.

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Like, in this last segment Dom said Like about 50 times.

Does Airriss (sp?) ever blink or look his bride in the eyes?

Man, Domynyqyue has a permanent sour mug. 

KIRsten is a prima donna. 

I thought Chris’ DOG HAD DIED when he was crying. Glad that was not the case. 😐

• Like 3
  • Love 2

What was Airris eating?  I kept looking but couldn't decide if he was eating scrambled eggs with his fingers or a burrito type egg and tortillas?

He has so many rules I would have called him on table manners!

What's he doing on this show anyway???

• Like 7

Tonight I realized that no matter how hard I try to convince myself otherwise, I don't really like anybody this season. Generally, I do like Nicole and Chris as a couple - or at least the idea of them as a couple - but would most likely not be great ftiends with either in real life. (The sobbing over the dogs would've been a huge turn off for me, and Nicole is a little bit too . . idk, I can't really come up with the right word.  Assertive?  Overly confident?)

Overall, the "experts" (also known as the "producers") managed to put together the most unlikable, uninteresting cast yet this season.  Like, these people like, really do, like, suck.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

I recently discovered this show while channel surfing. I watched the San Diego season and now watching the Nashville season. This current cast from Nashville truly cannot stand each other. 
The clergymen and the Ph.D. are probably laughing their butts off behind the scenes. It’s difficult for me to believe a legitimate Ph.D. would want to be affiliated with this train wreck of a show. 

Edited by APK
  • Like 6

Nicole is very pretty. She was obviously told to plaster her makeup during the filming of the show. Nicole’s appearances on the aftershow look good with minimal makeup.

• Like 5
11 hours ago, kikicat said:

Jasmine said "peculiar" when she meant "particular". Meh, maybe both can apply to Airris. 

Ha, wait till the ladies see his sex-obsessed comments to the camera. Seems like Jasmine's OK with it though.

A guy I work with says "another words" instead of "in other words".  Makes me nuts.  Every.  Single.  Time.

Another pet peeve:  "all of the sudden".  Nope.  It's "all of A sudden".  Get it right, people. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3

I can’t stand how Dom insists only her likes and interests are important and Mac better hurry up and be exactly like her if he wants a chance. I wish he would have just spoken up and said he will compromise but there is nothing wrong with who he is and what he likes.  She should have been more clear with the experts that her main criteria is someone who likes outdoor physical things like fishing and hunting and will not accept someone who might like to relax on a beach or go to a museum. 

• Like 10
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, ChiMama said:

That appears to be a theme of this season so far. I’m a woman and all for female empowerment & equality, but some of these women have a very entitled & I can do no wrong attitude. I’m looking at you Kirsten, Gina, and (especially) Dom. It’s almost patronizing how these wives are being portrayed as perfect princesses with their challenging missions to “improve” their poor clueless toad husbands. Gimme a break. No one on this show is perfect, but it’s not being positioned fairly or in an unbiased way.

and of course we had to have Stacia, Staaacia, not Staycia, on the aftershow so she can again put Nate down... in her almost there dress

• Like 2

I think I saw the whole show, but was so distracted by the 'likes' from ALL OF THEM that I checked out. We could have gotten another 15 minutes of content if they had edited them out. OR if people would stop saying it.

I am still OK with Chris and Nicole, but I really don't like any of the others at all. Airris is such a jerk. 

ETA - I am sure that this was more producer shenanigans, but since they refuse to consider people's likes, needs, or allergies when it comes to pets, it doesn't surprise me that they didn't consider the number of pets their couples had. If it was me, I would have refused to move into the apartment and just moved with my spouse and our dogs into one of our homes. It also would have been discussed prior to agreeing to being on the show - not during the honeymoon.

The previews sure make it look like it is Dom who doesn't move into the apartment, but with the previews shown last night, it appears that it will be Gina. I kind of don't blame her. She is ready to call it quits, so she should. OR just move into the other bedroom. I think we will see that many of the couples will not be sleeping together, let alone have sex.

Re: Afterparty - I must have dozed off when Nicole had to defend Chris, but did we really need to hear that Stacia is going to develop her own line of sex toys?

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
12 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

True enough, but when said by a guy who thinks he's all that, it's satisfying to note his error. 🤭

I looked at Clint's beard. He's a ginger! 😉

Speaking of which: "Slender" vs. "Ginger." I wonder if SALON-OWNER! Gina (not sure if you knew this about her!) wasn't thinking, "But I can change THAT in a hurry!"

Chris and his dogs. I've never had a dog; whenever I've  pondered one, I remind myself of the wise statement that if you want your heart broken, get a dog (please no replies of the Joys of Doggiedom! I have friends with them.). Seemed to me he was thisclose to declaring that if it was the pets or Nicole/marriage, he'd go with the dogs. And I think Nicole wanted to head that potential Sturm und Drang off at the pass. 

7 hours ago, SabineElisabeth said:

Tonight I realized that no matter how hard I try to convince myself otherwise, I don't really like anybody this season. Generally, I do like Nicole and Chris as a couple - or at least the idea of them as a couple - but would most likely not be great ftiends with either in real life. (The sobbing over the dogs would've been a huge turn off for me, and Nicole is a little bit too . . idk, I can't really come up with the right word.  Assertive?  Overly confident?)

Overall, the "experts" (also known as the "producers") managed to put together the most unlikable, uninteresting cast yet this season.  Like, these people like, really do, like, suck.

I would characterize Nicole as "determined." 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

No one seems particularly likable this season,  maybe it's just me. However I'm Dom's side when it comes to Mac's living / constantly moving across the country situation. He moved from the Mid-West to California, and then to Nashville.  Doesn't want to commit to a lease but could commit to marrying a stranger. It sounds a little suspicious to me. Someone mentioned on Twitter that his moving timeline seems to match the show's timeline.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
12 hours ago, kikicat said:

At some point, it was revealed that the pageants were pay-for-entry, so I got the impression her titles were not actually that impressive. Can't remember if that was on the show or something I read online.

Sure, to each her own. I make my living as a writer, so it does matter to me (and my copy editors). My editor learned to trust me when I used somewhat obscure phrases like "catercorner". Yes, a lot of people find that pedantic! 

Come sit by me. 📚 💅

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 2

If I had to select a girlfriend from this group of ladies, I would probably date Nicole. Nicole seems to be more down to earth and I believe she is definitely more compassionate. I like southern women and Gina was my early favorite. Now, my attitude towards Gina has changed. She’s rude and the nose piercing isn’t a good look for her. Nicole has her share of tattoos, however I would accept Nicole’s tattoos and her better personality.

Edited by APK
  • Like 2

Gina is working hard to show us how superior to Clint she is-her comments about gingers pales in comparison to Clint's comments about who he used to date. And she made sure to give their marriage a "5" when everyone else was doing 7s because Clint just doesn't measure up to her standards.  The tears over his comments only made me wonder about how she sees herself and her concerns compared to the impact of her words towards others.  

I wondered about Chris' overreaction (IMO) to the news that the apartment would only allow two dogs.  But then I considered how emotionally hard this whole experience is and how comforting one's dogs can be.  So, it could be the accumulation of many things.

Airris has a beautiful home, but he isn't even ready for a relationship let alone a marriage.  He is way too set in his way (left drawer, no shoes, etc.).  It's interesting how hard Chris took the news about the limit on dogs whereas Jasmine who seems to have about 837 dogs/puppies didn't even blink at the limitation.

I'm glad that Mac finally said something to Dom about everything being her way-and yet, the experts tried to make us believe that she was an "old soul" (whatever that means-I have never understood that saying unless it's implying that someone is set in their ways or something [which I don't think is an attribute of being old, but many people stereotype older people that way]) and ready to share life with someone.  No, she's ready to tell someone else how they should live their life.

This is the first season that I can recall in which so many couples seem over and it's only the honeymoon.  

I started to watch the after party but lost interest as soon as I saw Stacia was on it.  No thanks, her season is over, let her 15 minutes also be over (but maybe she was there because she seems like a lot of this year's contestants in that everything had to be her way).

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

I'm sorry, but Chris looked like a big ol' baby wuss sitting there crying over his dogs.  I find it hard to believe that he couldn't have contacted a relative or friend to take the dog(s) temporarily.  Sure, Nicole bailed him out, but I have a feeling she'll bring it up whenever they have an argument ("Look what I did for you!!!").    

• Like 3

I agree with Dom.  Even with the $50K penalty, Mac didn’t have a problem signing the contract for the show, however, he balked at signing a lease?!  I’d be skeptical too.  Not to mention, this is his second realty show.  As they say on The Bachelor/ette, “I don’t believe he is there for the right reason.”

If looks could kill, Airiss would have been dead. When he was pontificating, Shaq was seething.  He told the guys that on a scale of 1-10, Jasmine’s feeling for him was a solid 12, while his for her was a 4.  However, in the group setting, it rose to a 7.  Airiss appears to be an immature little man who lies to impress the fellas. 

I don’t believe Clint had anything to apologize for, after all, Gina started it.  Don’t dish it out if you can’t take it.  As far as Stacia comparing Clint to Mitch, she needs to get over it.  It’s almost as if Mitch should have been hanged for not being attracted to “gorgeous” Kirsten.  For some, it may be hard to believe, but not every woman is to every man’s liking, no matter how "gorgeous". 

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, Rightside said:

Are we really to believe Chris was crying about the dogs or is that a producer created script??

Thanks for mentioning this. Scripted crying never occurred to me.

The production team from MAFS should add Katie Maloney(Vanderpump Rules) to this show. Can you imagine Katie attempting a second marriage, to a complete stranger, on national television?🤣🤣

• LOL 1
13 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

What was Airris eating?  I kept looking but couldn't decide if he was eating scrambled eggs with his fingers or a burrito type egg and tortillas?

I just know he showed more passion for that food than he has for Jaz.

She seems like a nice woman but it feels like Arris already has one foot out the door.

Dom and Mac seem to be lowkey hating on each other at this point.

7 hours ago, APK said:

Nicole is very pretty. She was obviously told to plaster her makeup during the filming of the show. Nicole’s appearances on the aftershow look good with minimal makeup.

I have done a total 180 on Nicole's looks

She looked so pretty when she was trying to lovingly console her husband.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Retired at last said:

ETA - I am sure that this was more producer shenanigans, but since they refuse to consider people's likes, needs, or allergies when it comes to pets, it doesn't surprise me that they didn't consider the number of pets their couples had. If it was me, I would have refused to move into the apartment and just moved with my spouse and our dogs into one of our homes. It also would have been discussed prior to agreeing to being on the show - not during the honeymoon.

I almost lost it when the show did that to Chris.  I yelled- "Man up and tell the producers this isn't going to happen and  We will find an apartment for 3 dogs "  - This is 100% on the producers!  They knew going in there were 3 dogs (or more in the other couples instance)-  Total BS and this Chris and Nicole are the only couple having thoughtful conversations.  

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1