Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E07: Jamaican Me Crazy

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Airris has a beautiful home, but he isn't even ready for a relationship let alone a marriage.  He is way too set in his way (left drawer, no shoes, etc.).  It's interesting how hard Chris took the news about the limit on dogs whereas Jasmine who seems to have about 837 dogs/puppies didn't even blink at the limitation.

Jasmine doesn't give a fuck about her dogs because they are money makers to her.  She breeds them.  They are not pets.  There's no emotional connection to them.  Therefore, she doesn't care if she sees them or not. 

Fuck her for being a dog breeder.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
8 hours ago, Retired at last said:

ETA - I am sure that this was more producer shenanigans, but since they refuse to consider people's likes, needs, or allergies when it comes to pets, it doesn't surprise me that they didn't consider the number of pets their couples had.

Re: Afterparty - I must have dozed off when Nicole had to defend Chris, but did we really need to hear that Stacia is going to develop her own line of sex toys?

I don't know the Nashville real estate market well, but it could be very hard to find 5 short term furnished apartment rentals that will allow filming and more then 2 pets. I know there are 0 in my city that would fit this list. Short term furnished can be used for people moving and waiting for a home, but they also are used for people who are needing serious medical care in a city or  traveling medical professionals. Not everyone wants to come home to a dog barking in the apartment next door or in the apartment above them or a film crew blocking the hall or elevator or taking up the pool area for a night. Several relaity shows were filmed in my city and business at first welcomed the "free advertising" and let filming take place. A few years later almost all business say no after they see the circus and long hours and stress filming a short reality scene takes place. I actually feel bad for these producers trying to find places to film, they end up really pounding the pavement and then viewers say why are they filming at another coffee shop, park, or that same hotel (but it is likely the only place that allowed filming). 

As for Stacia, the sex toy line made her go from classy to trashy. I think she is just taking any business oppurtunity. If she is really as stable as she says financially and she wants to have a family, that should be her focus, time off from work and finding what she needs and wants in a partner and starting her family (only saying this since she is 38 and time is tiking). 

20 hours ago, kikicat said:

At some point, it was revealed that the pageants were pay-for-entry, so I got the impression her titles were not actually that impressive. Can't remember if that was on the show or something I read online.

Jasmine's titles are not the big ones. She was not Miss Tennesse. It was another pageant like Miss Tennese national miss. I wondered if she got these titles to help boost her in the coaching/cheer business. The cheer and gymnastics business can be big bucks, but you need something to stand out. Like you were on a college cheer team that won some national title, or were at some Olympic gymnastic level. I would think maybe the beauty titles would attract the parents of little girls wanting cheer and pagaents. I just canr believe who much money can be made. My husband and I were looking at buying a house and the owner's wife had a cheer studio. She was a former college gymnast that locals knew. They were building a huge custom home because the cheer school had grown so much. These parents were spending $1k+ a month for the low packages, with outfits and trips, it got more expensive then any college in our state. 

9 hours ago, atomic said:

What is Jasmine doing about her four dog situation if the apartments have a two dog limit?

Jasmine lives with her parents. It looked like a regular sized home and yard. I bet the dogs (except maybe her pet dog) do not live there. She breeds dogs so my guess is she has these dogs at another space (kind of like people who have a horse and pay to board it on someone's land). Im not a fan of dog breeding. Just trying to answer where the dogs could be. 

I think my big shock was  Jasmine finding out that Arris last sexual partner was some Jasmine knew. I think it is game over for them now. I think Jasmine was trying hard to work with what she got, but this fact will be the end . She still might go through some motions but it is no on D-Day. I know some people can deal with knowing who their partner has been with before (It shocked me on Big brother when Taylor had been with Monte and there is YT clips of the act and then Joseph had no issues with it) but I think the majority of people cant handle their partner having just slept with a friend before them. 

Edited by silverspoons
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
20 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Speaking of the Aftershow, I cannot stand KPP as the host. She is always putting down the men or making fun of them and she never does the same with the women or hold them accountable. Today she kept going on and on about Chris crying. Nicole kept making excuses for him and KPP called her on it. It seemed Nicole was not too pleased. I really wish KPP be replaced.

I love Keisha as the host.  She asks the questions viewers like me want asked.    She generally does try to stay neutral.  That being said this season she has leaned a little towards the women (mostly with Clint/Gina) But I’m chalking it up to her pregnancy.   

And well, Chris’s sobbing is off putting to some people   Given her mostly neutral stance I was surprised Keisha let it be known she’s one of those people.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Halfway through the episode and I really can only think about how badly these people all need giant bottles of solarcaine and regular mole checks for the rest of their lives!!!

re: rentals and dogs… we needed to move out of our house for six months and had three dogs (one a restricted breed). We had a decent budget and had relatively few options in a suburb of a large city. I can absolutely believe that it just wasn’t possible to find a short term rental apartment that would allow three dogs.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
17 hours ago, SabineElisabeth said:

Overall, the "experts" (also known as the "producers") managed to put together the most unlikable, uninteresting cast yet this season.  Like, these people like, really do, like, suck.

Yes,  very boring couples and their complaints about each other are so superficial. Dom wants Mac to be a completely different person as if she's so perfect. I hope he kicks her to the curb. I can't stand that girl. Or Gina.  Aaris prefers bigger asses so he's not attracted. Gina and her ginger issues so she's not attracted. Yet, they all claim they wanted to get married. More likely, what they wanted was a few weeks on TV and a free honeymoon. 

Nicole said on the after show that Clint's speech at the dinner actually lasted 45 minutes. I thought that was funny! The guy can talk, no doubt about it. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Yet, they all claim they wanted to get married. More likely, what they wanted was a few weeks on TV and a free honeymoon. 

I think that Nicole and Chris came on the show because each had been burned badly in the past and they were both genuinely interested in finding a partner and being married. I did not anticipate like Nicole but I do. She seems like a nice, honest, real person, as does Chris. If I had to have dinner with any of this season's couples, it would be the two of them. They are the only ones I have any hope for this season.

• Like 9
2 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I. 

I think my big shock was  Jasmine finding out that Arris last sexual partner was some Jasmine knew. I think it is game over for them now. I think Jasmine was trying hard to work with what she got, but this fact will be the end . She still might go through some motions but it is no on D-Day. I know some people can deal with knowing who their partner has been with before (It shocked me on Big brother when Taylor had been with Monte and there is YT clips of the act and then Joseph had no issues with it) but I think the majority of people cant handle their partner having just slept with a friend before them. 

It's kind of like how Texas Ryan was through with Amber after he found out that she had dated one of his gym bros and her relationship had ended long before they had married.

This seems to only be a booty call but this relationship felt doomed even before this information came out.

36 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Yes,  very boring couples and their complaints about each other are so superficial. Dom wants Mac to be a completely different person as if she's so perfect. I hope he kicks her to the curb. I can't stand that girl. Or Gina.  Aaris prefers bigger asses so he's not attracted. Gina and her ginger issues so she's not attracted. Yet, they all claim they wanted to get married. More likely, what they wanted was a few weeks on TV and a free honeymoon. 

The funny thing is that all the brides are "thicc" except for the one they picked for him.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
On 2/15/2023 at 5:52 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m not sure his “exoneration” as he called it, came off like he thought it did.  I think he’s clueless.  Just best not to revisit commenting on a woman’s body.

Wow, Chris was sobbing, Justin style. I’m sure there is a solution and the apartment may make an exception anyway since it’s short term. 

EXONERATE and EXUDE! Clint needs a thesaurus.  What a blowhard!

I thought Nicole was treating Chris like a child, and I think that was actually what he needed at that moment.  It made me slightly uncomfortable--though I understood and love dogs.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I am over Dom. Judgemental with seemingly very little life experience away from family or anywhere except Nashville, behaves as if she is there to improve the other person without any awareness of the traits in herself that can come off as faults, and she has an unfounded certainty of her own POV and expertise based on no visible evidence. Basically she is why I generally don't enjoy watching anyone under 30 on relationship shows.

Edited by red12
  • Like 11
21 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I'm glad that Mac finally said something to Dom about everything being her way-and yet, the experts tried to make us believe that she was an "old soul" (whatever that means-I have never understood that saying unless it's implying that someone is set in their ways or something [which I don't think is an attribute of being old, but many people stereotype older people that way]) and ready to share life with someone. 

Someone who is an "old soul" is wise beyond their years.

That descriptor was misapplied to Dom, IMHO. 

On 2/15/2023 at 9:47 PM, kikicat said:

<snip> Sure, to each her own. I make my living as a writer, so it does matter to me (and my copy editors). My editor learned to trust me when I used somewhat obscure phrases like "catercorner". Yes, a lot of people find that pedantic! 

I had a moment of panic when I read "catercorner". I don't think I've ever seen it written before. 

My mother used the term, and I picked it up from her - except... she said "cattycorner" and that's how I've always said it, too - and no one has ever corrected me.

Had I been saying it incorrectly my whole life? 

When I saw "catercorner", I immediately consulted a dictionary, and was relieved to discover catercorner/catercornered and cattycorner/cattycornered are both correct.

Thank you for introducing me to both a spelling and pronunciation variation of the word! 

Edited by TwirlyGirly
Corrected "use" to "used".
  • Like 3
46 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

I had a moment of panic when I read "catercorner". I don't think I've ever seen it written before. 

My mother use the term, and I picked it up from her - except... she said "cattycorner" and that's how I've always said it, too - and no one has ever corrected me.

When I saw "catercorner", I immediately consulted a dictionary, and was relieved to discover catercorner/catercornered and cattycorner/cattycornered are both correct.

Thank you for introducing me to both a spelling and pronunciation variation of the word! 

As it happens, both are English vernacular variations on the French quatre, used to describe an "X" placement that mimicked the four dots on a die. 

Or so I just read! 😊 🎲

• Like 3
23 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Chris is the biggest baby ever!  Find a solution instead of crying!  I thought somebody died!

EXACTLY!!! WHERE IS THE SOLUTION IN CRYING?!! Was he gunna fix it with his tears, make the show feel bad & fix what they set up?!! Makes no sense! What's the endgame? What a dumb cry fest. Then Nic almost cried at the thought of her dog being in FL for 2 months. I thought we were gunna have 2 crying fools. It was close!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1

WTF is wrong with Airris? WHERE is he looking?! WHY is he avoiding eye contact with Jas? He went from super creep to super weirdo with his ugly self. He's in shock from the experience, huh? 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
17 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

saw Stacia was on it.  No thanks, her season is over, let her 15 minutes also be over

EXACTLY!!! They already trot them out for the kickoff & pre-DD specials! ENOUGH! Now they're on the aftershow?!! NO!!! WHY?!! Dragging out her 15 minutes as a consolation for her marriage failing? 🤔

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I agree with Dom.  Even with the $50K penalty, Mac didn’t have a problem signing the contract for the show, however, he balked at signing a lease?!  I’d be skeptical too.  Not to mention, this is his second realty show.  As they say on The Bachelor/ette, “I don’t believe he is there for the right reason.”

If looks could kill, Airiss would have been dead. When he was pontificating, Shaq was seething.  He told the guys that on a scale of 1-10, Jasmine’s feeling for him was a solid 12, while his for her was a 4.  However, in the group setting, it rose to a 7.  Airiss appears to be an immature little man who lies to impress the fellas. 

I don’t believe Clint had anything to apologize for, after all, Gina started it.  Don’t dish it out if you can’t take it.  As far as Stacia comparing Clint to Mitch, she needs to get over it.  It’s almost as if Mitch should have been hanged for not being attracted to “gorgeous” Kirsten.  For some, it may be hard to believe, but not every woman is to every man’s liking, no matter how "gorgeous". 

Mac was on another reality show?

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

EXONERATE and EXUDE! Clint needs a thesaurus. 

Actually, I think he needs a dictionary.  I was okay with the "exonerate" in his context, but am still scratching my head at "exude."

13 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

[Nicole] seems like a nice, honest, real person, as does Chris.

You might want to consult the spoiler thread with regard to the honesty part. 

Spoiler

I still can't figure out how student debt and medical bills show up as charges at Banana Republic.

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Actually, I think he needs a dictionary.  I was okay with the "exonerate" in his context, but am still scratching my head at "exude."

You might want to consult the spoiler thread with regard to the honesty part. 

Reveal spoiler

I still can't figure out how student debt and medical bills show up as charges at Banana Republic.

Okay, here's the thing: While not specific, even the implication of "You might want to consult...."  is enough of a revelation. IOW, you've made it clear that Nicole is less than honest.

Maybe I didn't want to know that, even in general. Maybe that's why I don't read, nor need directions to, the Spoiler thread. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

On 2/15/2023 at 8:54 PM, Meowwww said:

Clint uses all these big words to feel smart, but he uses a lot of them incorrectly.

Bingo!  And that's what makes his pontificating so much worse.

On 2/15/2023 at 9:05 PM, kikicat said:

I love my pets, too, but I wouldn't be sobbing over a short separation. Especially when he can always visit them.

Well, he actually wasn't just sobbing over a short separation.  His brain was all tangled up and he kept talking about how he won't abandon them.  I think in his mind he was crying about all these terrible scenarios in his head that were worst-case emotion-based.

On 2/15/2023 at 9:33 PM, kikicat said:

Yikes. I've repeatedly heard "for all intensive purposes" and "doggy dog world" and "nip it in the butt", but they're still wrong.

I keep waiting to hear some sports tournament announcer talk about "winner go home".

On 2/15/2023 at 11:23 PM, ChiMama said:

That appears to be a theme of this season so far. I’m a woman and all for female empowerment & equality, but some of these women have a very entitled & I can do no wrong attitude. I’m looking at you Kirsten, Gina, and (especially) Dom. It’s almost patronizing how these wives are being portrayed as perfect princesses with their challenging missions to “improve” their poor clueless toad husbands. Gimme a break. No one on this show is perfect, but it’s not being positioned fairly or in an unbiased way.

Yes, and that's why Dom could get away with saying, at the last-night group dinner, something about how it's a good thing she had experience dealing with 12-year olds.  If a guy had said something like that, about his perceived immature wife, he'd be crucified. (But for the record, I'm still against what Clint said publicly in retaliation for what Gina said to him previously in private.)

On 2/16/2023 at 7:49 AM, APK said:

Nicole is very pretty. She was obviously told to plaster her makeup during the filming of the show. Nicole’s appearances on the aftershow look good with minimal makeup.

I could not get over the difference between how beautiful she looked at the last-night group dinner versus how awful she looks in that intro-segment photo from the wedding with her scary makeup.

• Like 6
17 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

If you are someone who can only be attracted to people with very specific attributes, then you 100% are not a good candidate for MAFS. (Assuming the intent of MAFS is to make happy, lasting matches, that is, rather than drama).

IMHO, the best candidates for the show are those open-minded enough to let attraction grow.  And unfortunately, rather than being present to coach participants in this, the "experts" are more MIA with each passing season.

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Like 12

Dear God, Nic asked Chris if he loves her AGAIN!?!?!!! STOP ALREADY! That would've been the perfect time for Chris to tell her to stop asking, nicely. It's seeming so needy! She probably asks every day! WHY does she keep asking him that?! Especially so soon! Give it a break! Probably related to the ex. I hope someone asks her why she keeps asking him that. She'll probably ask if he STILL loves her if he does say he loves her.

• Like 3

Clint told Chris & Airris about his disaster convo? I wonder if the other 2 guys were invited. Of course pushover Chris showed up & Airris was probably looking for an opportunity to leave Jas. Did Clint make Gina sound hysterical or what? & Made himself sound so innocent. Definitely didn't see her say he called her thick or fat & it was unforgivable. I guess that was his interpretation. Didn't see him tell the guys about the nonsense he said when she walked away. I thought they were gunna stay in separate rooms since she said they should spend the rest of the honeymoon apart. I'm surprised he actually apologized. Someone probably told him to.

WHERE IS THE SOLUTION IN CRYING?!!

Crying is an emotional response, not a logical one. It's not really intended to lead to a solution apart from releasing pent up emotion. 

I'd be sad to be away from my dogs for two months, even if I could visit them. I don't know if I'd cry, but I'd be sad. 

I also think that Chris was maybe looking ahead to the two of them going past decision day and how difficult it might be to find a place they can live together that will allow three dogs (unless they are able to buy or rent a single family home with an understanding landlord). Maybe his reaction was a little toward the emotional end of the spectrum but if that's the biggest concern about him so far, he's doing great in my book.

• Like 7

Jas knows the woman Airris had sex with the day before he was told he got a match!!!? THAT'S HILARIOUS!!? Can she be at the housewarming?!?!!! PRETTY PLEASE!!! 🤣🤣 & Jas giving him the silent treatment because of it was WRONG! Don't punish the man for being honest about that, making it not a safe space to be honest. Would she rather he lied? Dummy. That might make him think it's better to say nothing. Ya. It was icky of him to do it, but it was before he was matched. He didn't cheat on her & if that's what she wants to quit her marriage over, so be it. Otherwise, she messed up reacting that way.

• Mind Blown 1

Funny. KKP corrected Jas's pronunciation of Stacia's name, but didn't correct Stacia's pronunciation of Airris. But good job asking what advice she had an experiment that's already over. 👍👍 They're never gunna stop talking like it isn't over & it's always going to be stupid. 😒😒

22 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

My mother used the term, and I picked it up from her - except... she said "cattycorner" and that's how I've always said it, too - and no one has ever corrected me.

Yes - my Mom said Cattycorner too.   I've heard of catercorner, but don't use it.   It comes across as too fancy for NJ.

• Like 3

What's Stacia's last name now? Remember how fast she changed it to Nate's last name? Guess she changed again just as fast. Is there no limit to last name changes in a year? She's looking for her father? Hope she doesn't have her hopes high, do a 23&me & upload it to shared databases & let it go. If she does find him, she should have very low expectations & doubt whatever he says. New sex toy line? No one batted an eye. 🤣 Freeze her eggs? I would've asked KKP that right back. So Nate didn't wanna talk about having a kid? What else was she pressuring him about? We know how she is. She should've wished she'd done a lot differently besides having Jas's attitude toward him not being in love before. Nate was on some other stuff & too superficial with his Mommy issues. He wasn't all the way in the marriage & Stacia didn't create a safe space for him to get there. That's the similarity to Airris & Jas. Difference is N&S got closer physically, while Airris is pulling back.

• Useful 1

Mac said Airris was lying with his marriage rating! 🤣🤣 Um. They understand English, right? Rating the marriage isn't rating attraction. It's so stupid to rate that stuff like that, just say where it's at! The producers probably tell them to ask that. 😒😒 How about you happy with each other or not?

• Like 1

Ive given Nicole some grief, but her patient, empathetic, fix-this supportive attitude to Chris’ meltdown was impressive to me. She brought her Dad in and handled it. Then on the Afterparty when the girls, including the host started to rip on Chris for crying, she would have none of it. She stuck up for him twice while they tried to ridicule him, until the host backed off and acknowledged her support for him. Points= Nicole.

On the other hand, every time Dommynique opens her mouth I like her less. I dont like Mac, but she just complains, whines, talks down to him, treats him like a kid and judges the guy nonstop. Im cheering for him to tell her to take a walk. Not to mention likellikelikelikelikelike….aaaaak! She seems like a complete waste of time. Like.

Unlikeable boring crew, No attraction for anyone… mostly understandable. Boring. Wow.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

How long until they told their spouse they weren't attracted to them? Gina was a couple days. Kirsten was a couple days. Does Niq's rating count? It looks like Airris was last, waiting til the last day of the honeymoon. Yup. They usually tell them pretty soon. Definitely before leaving the honeymoon... There was that creep on NC who told her pretty late into the season.

• Like 1

Two of the wives have basically now told their husbands that they don’t like their senses of humor and not to be funny. 

Dealbreaker. 

Shaq, who was really patient with all her complaints about his appearance, was right to speak out on this. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Cramps said:

Two of the wives have basically now told their husbands that they don’t like their senses of humor and not to be funny.

Shaq & Mac aren't funny though. Lying definitely isn't funny. Maybe they should be together since they think they're so funny. 🤪

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Cramps said:

Dealbreaker. 

Shaq, who was really patient with all her complaints about his appearance, was right to speak out on this. 

Didn’t Shaq’s wife, by the end of the conversation, tell him to “be himself” after telling him not to be funny???

Are these couples all trying to get some sort of negative reaction this season?

• Like 2

Are these couples all trying to get some sort of negative reaction this season?

It strikes me that someone who is trying to be a reality tv star/internet famous/social media personality may think that you get more recognition from being a villain than a hero? And that may actually be true - I have no idea about these sorts of things. Sort of like the school of thought that says there is no such thing as bad publicity?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 2/17/2023 at 7:04 AM, Shauna said:

Clint is a know it all and likes to hear himself talk.  Super annoying.

He knows it all except for the definitions of the wrong words he uses. Just one little exception. 🤣🤣

• LOL 2

Oh God, Jas talked about Airris's "bomb" yet again at another group meet! SHUT UP ABOUT IT ALREADY! She's in the broken record club with Nic. 🤣🤣 I can see Airris pulling away because of that. Definitely not attractive AT ALL.

So much incorrect word usage! Clint's got that title. Sounded like Jas said "perculiar." & Airris gets an honorable mention because he said 313 was symbolic. More like it could be a good sign because it made him think of his dad, he connected with the number.

This season is unmatched.  Most of them do not appreciate one another.  The only two I think will stay together is Nicole and Chris.  I love the way Nicole handled the dog situation, and the way she brought him coffee.  A little gesture, but spoke volumes.  She will be a good wife as she is determined to make it work.  The others are not compatible at all. Kirsten does not deserve Shaq.  She thinks who she is, but she’s not all that.

• Like 3

Did anyone actually hear an apology from Clint during that clip? I heard incorrect words, an acknowledgement that "slender & athletic" didn't sit well with the ladies & an explanation (as usual), but nothing along the lines of "I'm sorry I offended you." & Using "if" isn't an apology. I doubt he actually apologized to Gina although I'm not sure what she wanted from him, him to say it was wrong to say that because it was offensive to the ladies? 🤔

• Like 3

Yes, I agree, that wasn't an apology, it was "I'm sorry you feel this way" rather than "What I said was insensitive and thoughtless and I apologise". But that said, I can't stand Gina, and her huge gaping mouth. Her 'smile' during the wedding was probably what the hygenist sees when she gets a deep clean at the dentist. Of course, she can't help having a huge mouth, but there's no need to open it like a trap in lieu of smiling. Julia Roberts has a large mouth and a beautiful smile.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, essexjan said:

Yes, I agree, that wasn't an apology, it was "I'm sorry you feel this way" rather than "What I said was insensitive and thoughtless and I apologise". But that said, I can't stand Gina, and her huge gaping mouth. Her 'smile' during the wedding was probably what the hygenist sees when she gets a deep clean at the dentist. Of course, she can't help having a huge mouth, but there's no need to open it like a trap in lieu of smiling. Julia Roberts has a large mouth and a beautiful smile.

I agree on the apology, that is not the way to say it.

But Gina can't help her mouth being huge. And,  I'm sure they photograph this to play that up, since the producers clearly have a mean streak.

Ugh, I can't stand Jule Roberts and her smile always looks fake to me.

• Like 1