Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: I Don't Want to Taco Bout It

• Start Topic

"Like a flying squirrel"😂

That's got to be so frustrating- to have to get to your ideal weight before skin surgery. Not many people do. Very discouraging. Like why even try after a certain point? End up still kind of fat, plus with smelly, saggy skin, too? 

• Like 4

Tammy is so immature about her therapy.  Even if it’s not a great fit, she knows better.  I can’t imagine she’ll get approved for surgery acting like a petulant child.  In fact, I wonder how surgery would help Tammy.  She refuses rules, she is resistant to most types of help, she ignores reality…….I can’t see how she would be compliant with rules regarding surgery. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 14
  • Applause 3
1 minute ago, Pi237 said:

"Like a flying squirrel"😂

That's got to be so frustrating- to have to get to your ideal weight before skin surgery. Not many people do. Very discouraging. Like why even try after a certain point? End up still kind of fat, plus with smelly, saggy skin, too? 

I understand Chris’ frustration, but I could tell from his shirtless scene he wasn’t ready for skin removal let. Yes of course he’s lost weight and it’s a lot looser, but there’s still a good amount of fat under there. It’s not just “skin”. You know it’s skin when it’s quite thin and papery (even if you’re young and well hydrated). I’ve lost a lot of weight, and I have a weird patch of extra skin underneath my arm where my bra band would sit on my torso! So strange. That patch is wrinkly and quite thin. 

Something many obese people find hard to accept after they lose a lot of weight is that your body doesn’t look like someone who was never obese. Of course you can exercise, build muscle and get skin removal to get the body you desire, but “losing weight” doesn’t give you your desired body automatically. 

I think Chris should stay on plan for another year and see where he is. At maybe 230 he could have skin removal. I am surprised he never had a sweet tooth (as someone with a major sweet tooth), cheesecake sounds delicious!

• Like 9

I think the therapist could really help Tammy if she would give her a chance. 

Dr. Stapleton is a frequent contributor on one of my podcasts and for those thinking she’s haughty you couldn’t be further from the truth.  Dr. Stapleton has conquered obstacles in her life and has emerged stronger.  She too faces daily challenges. 

If Tammy refuses to cooperate that’s her choice but she needs to realize no therapy - no surgery.  She needs to get her behind in gear and find a therapist she likes and trusts. 

The clock is ticking. 

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Tammy is so immature about her therapy.  Even if it’s not a great fit, she knows better.  I can’t image she’ll get approved for surgery acting like a petulant child.  In fact, I wonder how surgery would help Tammy.  She refuses rules, she is resistant to most types of help, she ignores reality…….I can’t see how she would be compliant with rules regarding surgery. 

And if having a trach in your neck does not knock some sense into you, I do not know what will.

• Like 14
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1

I don’t understand people who don’t want to talk about their problems, concerns, worries, etc.  Therapy is such a wonderful outlet.  I went years ago for a short while.  I really enjoyed it.   I would have continued but for my high copay.  Tammy seems like she’s just being difficult.  She doesn’t seem to really be bothered by her secrets.  She seems to just be angry and resentful of the therapist.  

• Like 9

I remember Amy saying on social media last year that Lil Bit was 22 years old and she said it again on the show tonight.  The record for the world's oldest dog was 23 years.  So a 22-year old dog would be very rare.  Either Amy is exaggerating the age or Lil Bit came close to the world record. 😮

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
6 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I remember Amy saying on social media last year that Lil Bit was 22 years old and she said it again on the show tonight.  The record for the world's oldest dog was 23 years.  So a 22-year old dog would be very rare.  Either Amy is exaggerating the age or Lil Bit came close to the world record. 😮

It’s not as rare in tiny dogs.  Small dogs like Yorkies and chihuahuas have an average life span of 20 years.  Our Yorkie was almost 20.    There’s no way that dog was a record.   There is no world wide record keeping of every dog’s birth date date of death.    Most people just don’t go to the media.   

• Like 9
  • Useful 1

I mean it’s possible. My dad’s dachshund lived to 21. It just seemed strange to me because Lil Bit didn’t look or act that old. She was a sweet little thing. Rest easy Little ❤️

Any sympathy I had for Tammy last week went right out the window. 

WHY ARE MICHAEL’S NAILS SO LONG. 

You know it’s funny, they introduced Amanda as this toughy, no filter, ready to rumble woman and she’s not that way at all. She was suffering no fools at lunch in Gatlinburg when Tammy was being an ass last season but she’s caring, kind and seems to have a big heart. I like her. ETA: I also like that she's genuine and doesn't blow smoke. 

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Like 18
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I mean it’s possible. My dad’s dachshund lived to 21. It just seemed strange to me because Lil Bit didn’t look or act that old. She was a sweet little thing. Rest easy Little ❤️

Any sympathy I had for Tammy last week went right out the window. 

WHY ARE MICHAEL’S NAILS SO LONG. 

You know it’s funny, they introduced Amanda as this toughy, no filter, ready to rumble woman and she’s not that way at all. She was suffering no fools at lunch in Gatlinburg when Tammy was being an ass last season but she’s caring, kind and seems to have a big heart. I like her.

Dachshund’s live a long life too.   Lil Bit did look good for his age.  Lucky for Lil Bit that he was naturally healthy because I doubt he had routine check ups. 

Gross. I’m so glad I didn’t see Michaels nails.   I am wondering what that little fuzz thing is on top of his lip though. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

You know it’s funny, they introduced Amanda as this toughy, no filter, ready to rumble woman and she’s not that way at all. She was suffering no fools at lunch in Gatlinburg when Tammy was being an ass last season but she’s caring, kind and seems to have a big heart. I like her.

I can imagine dealing with Tammy’s foolishness on your VACATION could bring out the worst in anyone. 

5 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

That doesn’t sounds so odd for a chihuahua. I know little dogs like that can live a long time like cats do, I believe Lil Bit was 22. 

• Like 3

Tammy can go kick rocks. She was so rude to Dr Stapleton. As many of you said she is just a big ass baby. There is no way that even if Tammy qualifies for surgery will it be successful. I think she thinks it will be a magic pill, but she needs to work on her nasty self both inside and out. The family knows that any little thing will set Tammy off to overeat and use whatever excuse to blame it on. RIP Lil Bit. I do enjoy seeing Amanda and the other sister, they seem fun.  

• Like 15

Tammy’s MO is well known to the family, based on their comments.  It’s not just her eating that is self destructive, she also goes off the rails with drinking, smoking, squandering money on grifters, ignoring medical advice, etc.  She isn’t really able to manage her life safely.  She feigns remorse, but that seems to be a pattern.

While they can’t force her to stay in the facility, they would need a discharge plan for her care returning home and with no one to take on her care, she has no other options.  I really wonder what the future holds for Tammy, whether or not she stays in the facility.  I can’t imagine her getting surgery.  

• Like 8

Tammy has to get to the root of why she always self-sabotages her progress. I guarantee a big part of it is fear and reluctance to take charge of her own life. She likes being catered to, and has grown very accustomed to it. remember how mad she got when they bought her a hot plate to cook her own meals?  And the looks on her siblings faces when she says she wants to come home/straight fear. That’s one hot potato no one wants to be stuck holding. Amy has the babies as an excuse now. The trachea is a good excuse as well-since she nearly died while In the hospital. But even without that, you can tell they’re all dreading being stuck with Tammy again. And who can blame them? 

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Pi237 said:

Tammy has to get to the root of why she always self-sabotages her progress. I guarantee a big part of it is fear and reluctance to take charge of her own life. She likes being catered to, and has grown very accustomed to it. remember how mad she got when they bought her a hot plate to cook her own meals?  And the looks on her siblings faces when she says she wants to come home/straight fear. That’s one hot potato no one wants to be stuck holding. Amy has the babies as an excuse now. The trachea is a good excuse as well-since she nearly died while In the hospital. But even without that, you can tell they’re all dreading being stuck with Tammy again. And who can blame them? 

This times 1000. They all know she sabotages herself. That must be investigated deeply in therapy. She's afraid of change and having to do things by herself. They are calling "Not It" when it comes to caring for Tammy. I would too. 

Edited by BAForever
Carrying and caring are not the same word.
  • Like 11
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Pi237 said:

I so much agree with your post. The last sentence or two presents the real dilemma. Without Tammy there would be less stress and drama for all of them, but also, there would be NO SHOW! I think this possibility is the reason TLC is bringing in more and more siblings and relatives to the show. Possibly a plan to continue the show in case Tammy isn't around to continue.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

Piggybacking off the points above, Tammy seems to need a life skills program to teach her how to be independent. I would think that would be part of the curriculum at rehab, but all they seem to be doing are activities to pass time (#ashtraysandbirdhouses). I'm not sure that it's a rehabilitation center so much as it's a physical recovery center. She's an impossible mix of can't do anything for herself but won't let anyone show her either. I wonder if her therapy sessions are more productive off-camera.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

I’m crying at the title of this thread. You have to say it while emphatically karate chopping the palm of your hand like the Tamster. The therapist’s questions weren’t even that invasive. She could’ve asked Tammy for the time and gotten the same reaction.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

I've had dogs I've loved very much, and mourned for them, but the dog funeral was way over the top.  I guess TLC paid for all those dog pix and statues and tombstone, but how much better had they given the money to a local shelter.

• Like 3
  • Applause 6
20 minutes ago, auntjess said:

I've had dogs I've loved very much, and mourned for them, but the dog funeral was way over the top.  I guess TLC paid for all those dog pix and statues and tombstone, but how much better had they given the money to a local shelter.

I think the funeral was for the cameras. People grieve their pets in their own way, all of my pets get a Christmas ornament when they die and that goes on my Xmas tree each year. Of course I have photos and things of them as my screensaver/desktop background- and my picture here is of cats that died 2014 and 2020. 

I think a donation to a shelter would’ve been a wonderful idea. I did think the blanket of Lil Bit was adorable but I like blankets. 

• Like 7
  • Hugs 2
  • Love 2

Tammy had that home health care nurse for a bit, she seemed awesome. Took her to swimming although Tammy refused to walk and that spitfire was like "I am not pushing you". She also tried making her healthy meals. The problem is that she won't accept help from people who see right through her shenanigans, she starts to yell and scream at her family and I think they give in, and she plays them like a fiddle. Hopefully they have finally seen the light.   

• Like 12
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Tammy had that home health care nurse for a bit, she seemed awesome. Took her to swimming although Tammy refused to walk and that spitfire was like "I am not pushing you". She also tried making her healthy meals. The problem is that she won't accept help from people who see right through her shenanigans, she starts to yell and scream at her family and I think they give in, and she plays them like a fiddle. Hopefully they have finally seen the light.   

Teisa- I liked her, but Tammy is too far gone at this point, she needs more help than a home health aid can provide. I am not making light of her struggles with food and over eating, but doesn’t she want to go home? She acts like a petulant CHILD. She should be doing whatever she needs to do to get the fuck out of there and GO HOME since she says life is passing her by. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
9 minutes ago, PearlClutcher said:

What would happen if none of her family would take her?  I bet Chris and his wife would be likely candidates although I'd absolutely refuse if I were the SIL.

WARD OF THE STATE

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
10 hours ago, charmed1 said:

I’m crying at the title of this thread. You have to say it while emphatically karate chopping the palm of your hand like the Tamster. The therapist’s questions weren’t even that invasive. She could’ve asked Tammy for the time and gotten the same reaction.

Good lord that therapy session was cringe-worthy.   Ughhh   maybe painful is a better word.   Tammy and her,  "don't try to analyze me"  bs.    Uhhh I think that's a therapists job.    She isn't going to get anywhere if she doesn't open up some. It's not an easy process and it's painful sometimes.   (I know from experience )  Even if I was feeling as bad as her,  I would never have the idea to ignore a therapist like that or be that rude.   Then Tammy hangs up on her?     Just.....wow

And so she gains 10 lbs and she's acting like it's the end of the world .   With any addiction there's ups and downs.   It's not always a smoothe road.  So she gives up and feels all sorry for herself  🙄    She wants to go home to be with her family so bad,  you'd think that would motivate her some.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
On 1/31/2023 at 9:43 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Tammy is so immature about her therapy.  Even if it’s not a great fit, she knows better.  I can’t image she’ll get approved for surgery acting like a petulant child.  In fact, I wonder how surgery would help Tammy.  She refuses rules, she is resistant to most types of help, she ignores reality…….I can’t see how she would be compliant with rules regarding surgery. 

If her sisters Amanda and Amy couldn't keep the weight off after surgery, you know damned well Tammy won't.  The surgery will be a total waste of time on her.  She won't even cooperate with the therapist to get to the root of her food addiction so what kind of motivation will she have to change her eating habits?  They really think the surgery is a magical procedure that will let you lose weight while eating everything you want.  They don't realize that they will basically have to eat healthy for the rest of their lives even after weight loss surgery to be successful.  I hope Chris continues to eat right and doesn't gain his weight back.  But judging from the food he prepared for Tammy I don't think he is.  If they left all of that food he fixed for Tammy there, it's  probably what made her gain that 10 lbs.  

Edited by swankie
Added names.
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
6 hours ago, suev3333 said:

Good lord that therapy session was cringe-worthy.   Ughhh   maybe painful is a better word.   Tammy and her,  "don't try to analyze me"  bs.    Uhhh I think that's a therapists job.    She isn't going to get anywhere if she doesn't open up some. It's not an easy process and it's painful sometimes.   (I know from experience )  Even if I was feeling as bad as her,  I would never have the idea to ignore a therapist like that or be that rude.   Then Tammy hangs up on her?     Just.....wow

And so she gains 10 lbs and she's acting like it's the end of the world .   With any addiction there's ups and downs.   It's not always a smoothe road.  So she gives up and feels all sorry for herself  🙄    She wants to go home to be with her family so bad,  you'd think that would motivate her some.

I suspect that what Amy yearns for is a fantasy that doesn’t really exist. In her mind, she is in her own home, having others tend to her.  They bring her the fast food she wants, visit her while she verbally abuses them and generally serve all her needs, regardless.  She appears narcissistic enough to think that’s her family caring for her.  Her family loves her, but……  With her increased medical requirements…..it’s not really feasible to care for her in the home.  I guess they just avoid the topic for now.  Perhaps they feel it’s better to placate her with the fantasy of post surgery days.  

• Like 7

That’s exactly what I think too.
Tammy endlessly whines about wanting to go home in order to guilt her family. The last 5 months must have been a relief in many ways to the family. Tammy is cared for but they don’t have to do it. They all tiptoe around Tammy too much and worry she’ll get mad and relapse. I think she’ll relapse anyway.

• Like 12
17 hours ago, suev3333 said:

Good lord that therapy session was cringe-worthy.   Ughhh   maybe painful is a better word.   Tammy and her,  "don't try to analyze me"  bs.    Uhhh I think that's a therapists job.    She isn't going to get anywhere if she doesn't open up some.

The thing is, therapy does no good if the recipient doesn't want it.  You have to want to change and Tammy doesn't want to, mentally.  She wants to change physically but in her mind, mentally, she's ok.  She actually thinks highly of herself and is quite narcissistic.  She definitely thinks she's smarter than everyone else.  The problem is she's stuck in that conundrum of doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.  If only she would open up to therapy she might actually be able to change her whole mindset about food and drop the weight and keep it off.  We've seen it work over and over on My 600 lb Life.  Therapy does help for a lot of people.  Tammy just needs to get out of her own way.

• Like 9
On 2/1/2023 at 5:32 PM, PearlClutcher said:

What would happen if none of her family would take her? 

I haven’t watched My 600 Lb. Life etc. but do they get admitted to a state facility if they have no family or friends willing to help out?  Otherwise it would be a slow death.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I haven’t watched My 600 Lb. Life etc. but do they get admitted to a state facility if they have no family or friends willing to help out?  Otherwise it would be a slow death.

They normally have someone who is willing to care for them, even if bed bound.  A few get admitted to the hospital for emergency weight loss strategy to get off fast, unless their family sneaks them fast food or they order out.   Can’t recall anyone being made a Ward yet, but I think that’s because they have a contract with TLC, so they keep an eye on them while filming.  It’s rather difficult for me compare Tammy to the patients on that show for some reason.  Tammy is quite self destructive, like many of the other patients are.   

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 4
On 1/31/2023 at 8:41 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I don’t understand people who don’t want to talk about their problems, concerns, worries, etc.  Therapy is such a wonderful outlet.  I went years ago for a short while.  I really enjoyed it.   I would have continued but for my high copay.  Tammy seems like she’s just being difficult.  She doesn’t seem to really be bothered by her secrets.  She seems to just be angry and resentful of the therapist.  

I agree about therapy but I'm not sure I would have enjoyed the same sessions being filmed for TV.

On 2/1/2023 at 3:32 PM, PearlClutcher said:

I liked Lil Bit's funeral and I've had them/been to them. I agree it was for the show but she had been with Michael for a long while. The get-together I think was for his benefit.

I think that is the most words  I've heard Michael say at one time. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

I agree about therapy but I'm not sure I would have enjoyed the same sessions being filmed for TV.

I think that is the most words  I've heard Michael say at one time. 

Regarding the therapy.  It’s true that her sessions were being filmed, but she should have realized that when you get on a show like that they film some portions of your sessions.  To me it seemed that she didn’t want to say anything to the therapist.  She didn’t attempt to even discuss something general.  Perhaps, she says more when cameras are off.  Idk. I hope that’s the case.

• Like 3

Unless I misunderstood she cannot have the surgery without the therapy, which means to me that this therapist has to give the green light from her end. From what we have seen there is no way that will happen.  Even if Tammy hates therapy she should know she has to play the game in order to get the surgery.

Therapist: "Let's talk about your weight."

Tammy "I gained 10 lbs so I am disappointed and sad but I know where I went wrong and am going to get back on track."

Therapist "Why do you think you drank?"

Tammy: "I was depressed and lonely so I fell into bad habits, I now realize it only made me more depressed. I don't intend to back slide, I only want to move forward in a positive manner."

She could burp and fart to make sure the therapist believed she was sincere and not just saying the words.

She doesn't have to mean it, just say it you big dummy. Of course I wish she would actually participate, but we all see she already knows everything and will make no effort. She is her own worst enemy.

• Like 9

OK, I take back what I said about old dogs because, lookee here:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/03/europe/bobi-worlds-oldest-ever-dog-intl-scli/index.html

It was only two weeks ago that Spike, a 23-year-old chihuahua mix from Ohio, was named the oldest living dog. Now, he has been utterly dethroned.

Bobi, at the age of 30 years and 268 days, has been crowned the world’s oldest living dog – and the oldest dog to ever live – by Guinness World Records (GWR).

😲

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
On 2/1/2023 at 12:18 AM, Gemma Violet said:

Update - I just read an article verified with Guinness that the world’s oldest dog verified in Australia was 30 years old!    I don’t remember what type it was, it was thoroughbred and records were kept by the breed people.   I didn’t think a 23 year old chihuahua was that unusual.    Kind of like 100 year old people.   Cool but becoming more common.  

• Like 2