Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: I Don't Want to Taco Bout It

• Start Topic

Well, I finally had a chance to watch some of this. I couldn't tell if Tammy lost weight or not. She sure does feel sorry for herself a lot and cries at the drop of a hat. She wants to go home boo hoo-what home? Her apt. was vandalized, and none of her family wants to take care of her. She's even mean to the other people in the facility. If all these people are obese why do they get to choose their meals and have food brought in? The scene where she is eating the BBQ all alone while the rest of the family sits and watches her? Shouldn't they eat together? Plus she is so resistant to therapy-you could see her shutting down when the therapist started asking the hard questions. And Amy with her blue hair? Yuck! When they went for her pre-natal check up she looked like she was 8 months along, not 4. Felt bad about the doggy-but I think they went a little overboard with the pillow and the blanket and all that stuff. The one i'm rooting for is Chris. Hes done well and now wants the skin surgery-I dont blame him but I know from first hand experience that it is no walk in the park. My husband went from about 450 to 212 over a 2 year period (no bypass just a super good program) and when he had his skin removed it was very painful and a long recovery period. There are stomach binders and drain tubes involved-I hope the surgeon who does the procedure explains all this to Chris. His wife will really have to step up her game because he will need a lot of help.

• Like 4
14 hours ago, MsVixen said:

This may have been said before, but are Chris and Amanda full brother and sister?  They look so much alike.  

It's been moved to the "Amy, Tammy and the Family Slaton" thread. 

42 minutes ago, Maisiesmom said:

If all these people are obese why do they get to choose their meals and have food brought in?

Supposedly part of the rehab at the facility is teaching patients to make healthy choices instead of a controlled diet. Chris made the barbecue just for Tammy when the family visited and claimed it was "healthy." But it would have been better if he had just brought her one portion, enough for a small cheat day, and not left the rest with her. 

• Like 3
23 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

That's part of the deal of the reality show. She only wants the good parts of the reality show. 

I thought she came off worse when she making grunting, mumbling answers and refusing to participate than if she had opened up a little. We all can see you have issues, you're sitting there morbidly obese with a trache.  We won't think any less of you.

• Like 6
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, nokat said:

I thought she came off worse when she making grunting, mumbling answers and refusing to participate than if she had opened up a little. We all can see you have issues, you're sitting there morbidly obese with a trache.  We won't think any less of you.

And the therapist’s questions weren’t terribly intrusive. I don’t remember the specific questions, but they were along the line of  “how are you feeling” and “how’s the diet going” type questions. Those questions could have been easily answered without the over-the-top rudeness.

• Like 6
On 2/4/2023 at 11:52 AM, Maisiesmom said:

My husband went from about 450 to 212 over a 2 year period (no bypass just a super good program) and when he had his skin removed it was very painful and a long recovery period. There are stomach binders and drain tubes involved-I hope the surgeon who does the procedure explains all this to Chris. His wife will really have to step up her game because he will need a lot of help.

Congrats to your husband. Skin removal (especially the torso) is a long recovery and you’re really limited during your recovery. I know Chris really wants it (and I don’t blame him!), but he’s going to be down for the count for awhile when he gets it done. 

It would make a good storyline for the show which is one of the reasons he’s discussing it now. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

I don't know why, maybe too many years watching 600lb Life, but originally, I felt like the therapist knew Tammy was molested in the past and Tammy didn't want to admit it on tv, and maybe was angry that the therapist kept trying to get her to say it, but as others said, the questions weren't that intrusive and I was probably jumping to conclusions because molestation is often a catalyst for people to start gaining these massive amounts of weight.  

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

I don't know why, maybe too many years watching 600lb Life, but originally, I felt like the therapist knew Tammy was molested in the past and Tammy didn't want to admit it on tv, and maybe was angry that the therapist kept trying to get her to say it, but as others said, the questions weren't that intrusive and I was probably jumping to conclusions because molestation is often a catalyst for people to start gaining these massive amounts of weight.  

I've never gotten the impression the sisters or any of the siblings were sexually molested but they were definitely bullied and verbally abused and most likely physically abused by their mother and others growing up. 

• Like 4

While the picture, blanket, and pillow in memory of Little Bit might seem a bit much down the road, I get being heart broken at the loss of a pet. It was the funeral that I questioned. Then I watched and I sniffled a bit. I felt bad for Amy and Micheal. I'm glad the family came out for them and that no one was an asshat.

Edited by Passing Strange
  • Like 4

My sister visited this past weekend and we caught the replay on Friday night. In the beginning of the episode there was a shot of Tammy in profile and Sis Apple said "what is that on her forehead" and I replied, that is her forehead. A few minutes later I look over and Sis is tapping her own forehead in disbelief. Although Tammy's forehead seems to change, it doesn't always look that big??

• Useful 1
18 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

While the picture, blanket, and pillow in memory of Little Bit might seem a bit much down the road, I get being heart broken at the loss of a pet. It was the funeral that I questioned. Then I watched and I sniffled a bit. I felt bad for Amy and Micheal. I'm glad the family came out for them and that no one was an asshat.

Is it even legal to bury a dog in your backyard?  Although they seem to be quasi-rural so maybe there are no ordinances on the topic.

10 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Is it even legal to bury a dog in your backyard?  Although they seem to be quasi-rural so maybe there are no ordinances on the topic.

Are there ordinances in some places about burying a dog?  I had no idea.  I live in a small town and everyone just buries their pet in the backyard.

• Like 5

It’s sad. I felt for Amy but she’s insufferable lately. Also, this might be a “me” thing because my husband‘s family is like this, but I don’t like the ribbing. I don’t feel like it’s good-natured at all. They have to shit each other as soon as they see a sibling. It’s really obnoxious.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Bugfrey Von said:

It’s sad. I felt for Amy but she’s insufferable lately. Also, this might be a “me” thing because my husband‘s family is like this, but I don’t like the ribbing. I don’t feel like it’s good-natured at all. They have to shit each other as soon as they see a sibling. It’s really obnoxious.

I totally agree with you. It doesn’t come off as good natured ribbing to me. There’s a lot of meanness, constant put-downs and complaining. I have a couple of family members like this. They always tried to pass it off as “just playing,” but the reality is that they’re both deeply insecure.

• Like 4

This show is becoming just a money-making enterprise for this family. Boring!!! -and depressing to see some getting fatter and fatter each show. Maybe Tammy will be slimmer than all of them after her surgery! I'm done with the show.

• Like 1

Tonight they aired the super-sized version of this episode with a bonus scene.  Amanda and Chris's wife were talking about what they'd wear to Lil Bit's funeral.  A couple of weeks ago, someone posted a picture of Chris's wife in the media thread that showed her long hair (she doesn't cut it due to her religion).  Amanda asked her in the bonus scene about her hair and she took down her hair to show the length.  It really is down to her knees although it's very very thin at the end.  She says she's never cut it or even trimmed the ends.  (If that's true, it must be a mass of split ends.)  She also said she doesn't wear pants or sleeveless tops or anything showing cleavage.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Tonight they aired the super-sized version of this episode with a bonus scene.  Amanda and Chris's wife were talking about what they'd wear to Lil Bit's funeral.  A couple of weeks ago, someone posted a picture of Chris's wife in the media thread that showed her long hair (she doesn't cut it due to her religion).  Amanda asked her in the bonus scene about her hair and she took down her hair to show the length.  It really is down to her knees although it's very very thin at the end.  She says she's never cut it or even trimmed the ends.  (If that's true, it must be a mass of split ends.)  She also said she doesn't wear pants or sleeveless tops or anything showing cleavage.

It answered my question of why she wears the head wraps.  I guess it's part of her religion also.  

• Like 3