Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Karen hosts her first-ever live show as the ladies brace themselves for a Grande Dame Experience; Mia and Gordon discuss their relationship with Jacqueline.

Airdate: 01.01.2023

Happy New Year RHoPers!!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Ya'll I'm tired. This is not fun, this is not entertaining, this is not something I can continue to support. 

Gizelle, Ashley, and Robyn have all been upfront about how their husbands cheated on them. It was bad. It was painful. It was hurtful. So WHY would you take such pleasure in trying to implicate the husbands on the show??? You are sitting there ki-ki'ing with some women who are plotting on your castmates husbands. Once again production is coming through to show that this foolishness is just that. They will say oh, if we didn't do this then there would be no show and no one would watch. I don't watch housewives to watch scorned women take pleasure in accusing husbands of cheating, when those women are scorned because someone cheated on them. It's just like Todd from RHOA said, are they not going to be happy until they get rid of all the husbands? The married people don't go after each other, it's the singles. If that's the new basis of Potomac, it's been real, thanks for the memories. 

I never count season 5 in anything because to me that season does not exist. That said, this is the worst season of the franchise in my opinion. 

• Like 11
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

Episode isn't finished yet, but yeah Ashley, your friends are liars. 

Chris looked at her and his reaction was like he had acid in his eyes. He did not stupidly say all Chris's were alike. He said it was a common name. 

Eddie was laughing it up with Chris. The man smiles at everyone. 

Deborah does that valley girl thing of swinging her hair and head around every damn minute.  I was wishing for a well-placed paper shredder.

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Like 18
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

These women are disgusting and vile.

They are trying to get Candiace so angry that she will snap. However, she continues to pay them dust. This is the only enjoyable thing on this dreck of a season.

She has an inner peace about her this season. Her tongue is still smart, but she wields it appropriately.  Her talking heads are joyous even if she is trashing her castmates.

• Like 14
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

They are trying to get Candiace so angry that she will snap. However, she continues to pay them dust. This is the only enjoyable thing on this dreck of a season.

Exactly.  That is the purpose of all of this, to get Candiace to go off.  Here is Bert's commentary on Candiace calling her a Sesame Street character.

In the words of the great Nene Leakes:

Nene thirst.jpg

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

Other observations:

Karen was basically just the host for a DC Improv show.

Eddie & Wendy were amused that Bert accused "Happy Eddie" of flirting with her too because he smiled at her. 

What Craigslist posting did Ashley find these friends? Because I doubt seriously Fake Keke Palmer, Fake Iggy Azalea and Bert are Ashley's good girlfriends.

Gizelle might want to tighten up her look if people are mistaking her for Karen.

I don't know what's going on with Robyn's wardrobe, she looked like she had just finished mowing her lawn when she met up with Gizelle & Mia at the cafe and looked like she finished grading papers in 1987 at the Improv show.

Poor Ray. Didn't know anything about the Grindr.

• Like 11
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

Other observations:

Karen was basically just the host for a DC Improv show.

Eddie & Wendy were amused that Bert accused "Happy Eddie" of flirting with her too because he smiled at her. 

What Craigslist posting did Ashley find these friends? Because I doubt seriously Fake Keke Palmer, Fake Iggy Azalea and Bert are Ashley's good girlfriends.

Gizelle might want to tighten up her look if people are mistaking her for Karen.

I don't know what's going on with Robyn's wardrobe, she looked like she had just finished mowing her lawn when she met up with Gizelle & Mia at the cafe and looked like she finished grading papers in 1987 at the Improv show.

Poor Ray. Didn't know anything about the Grindr.

It's funny they both called it THE Grindr!

• LOL 7

Not only did Candace handle the muppet perfectly, she looked gorgeous doing it, in the yellow dress and classically styled, auburn hair.  Now just get mom outa the house and you’re golden!

• Like 12
  • Love 1

‘He was hitting on me and all my friends” “he said this this and this and he approached me and started talking”

producers “let’s roll the tape” 

the woman must feel so beyond stupid that NOTHING she said was remotely true 

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 9

Candiace has really grown on me this season, she could have started trouble with Deb the Muppet but chose to walk away, if ever there should have been a drink throw it was then but she took the high road. Deb sort of walked back some of her lies at that dinner with Ashley and Gizelle. Her constant hair patting and flipping it from one side to another was tiresome to watch.  I think Deb is one of those girls that never got attention when she was younger, grew up, got boobs and then thought every man in the room wanted her and then she realized they did not so she over compensates for that and lies to herself about it.  Do the producers really like Chris or do the producers hate Deb more? 

Full confession, a bartender once looked at me, smiled and then gave me a drink...yup he was trying to git wit me.

What in the what was Robyn wearing to that horribly stupid Le Grand Dame show? Did she go thru some portal where it is 1990 and she is the class Mom for her kids class? Then she decided to wear a rhinestone necklace with it? How many outfits did she say no to before she landed on that denim fashion don't?

Mia, go up a size in your dresses if your boobs are always popping out.  Also, you told Karen about the coochie flashlight moment on camera so shut up about Karen telling everyone about it. Also, Mia if your friend tells you she has a yeast infection and could you take a look it is okay to say no and volunteer to get her a box of Monostat.

Karen's show was well attended, who filled that room, the actual performers or was Karen really the drawl? Did she have her "producer," manning the merch table?  Cut to, cut to, cut to will never stop being funny to me.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4

Yea Gizelle, Karen was hosting a show. It was better than your show. She filled the place and it looked like fun. I admit I wasn’t sure what Karen was going to do but I thought it turned out kind of cute. Of course nobody is happy for anyone. Gizelle was acting confused but Karen did similar to her during her show.

So Gordon did contribute to Jacqueline’s car purchase. The more details Mia shares about her marriage, the more I wish she didn’t. 

Ashley’s friend Deborah, where to begin? This is so obviously a set up. It looked like Deborah approached Chris. He wasn’t staring at her, Eddie was smiling at Chris.  Gizelle trying to co-sign with Ashley does not make it so. Throw in the the fact that the woman is rather odd looking and it just seems so unbelievable. Not saying men don’t hit on unattractive women but Chris clearly did not. Candiace handled it perfectly. She gave Sesame a nice smile while looking very pretty and Sesame was left with nothing. Ashley and Gizelle were hoping for Candiace to make a fool of herself. 

• Like 18

It is really interesting that production keeps exposing mistruths and exaggerations this year. I think of it being related to one of more of these ideas:

• They still want to get back at Michael and Ashley for playing grab ass with the crew
  • Candiace is a favorite of production
  • They'd like to get rid of Mia
  • The show is under performing so they are trying new ideas to save it

Any of those work for me.

That said, it really does feel like the end of all housewives shows is fast approaching. I have watched them all (except the one in Dubai) and I am down to SLC and Potomac. And I think I may be done with those after this season.

• Like 8
48 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

It is really interesting that production keeps exposing mistruths and exaggerations this year. I think of it being related to one of more of these ideas:

• They still want to get back at Michael and Ashley for playing grab ass with the crew

That said, it really does feel like the end of all housewives shows is fast approaching. I have watched them all (except the one in Dubai) and I am down to SLC and Potomac. And I think I may be done with those after this season.

I think it’s scary that had Bravo not aird this how Chris would have been railroaded and thrown under the bus over lies. 

• Like 16
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1

The editors are not playing this season.

Ashley:  My friend's don't lie.

Editors:  Oh yes. They most certainly do. 

Ashley was trying SO HARD to get a reaction out of Candiace and failed.  Miserably. 

It's like you could see the hamster wheel in her head trying to figure out what to do once Candiace politely said "No ma'am".

She was absolutely stunned.  

What was with the silent film homage?

• Like 14
1 hour ago, Ms.Lulu said:

51 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I think it’s scary that had Bravo not aird this how Chris would have been railroaded and thrown under the bus over lies. 

This is why I think production chose to keep exposing the lies. Even they have a conscience it seems. There could have also been a legal situation which resulted from all these lies, and they would have had to turn over the footage anyway. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
53 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Both Chris and Eddie thanked production last night on Twitter for showing the truth.

• Like 19
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

So I don't dislike Ashley, but she is being so messy with this Chris stuff. And it seems so very deliberate, either as a way to get at Candiace or as a way to get Deborah on the show (or maybe both, who knows?) Like did Deborah start chatting with Chris at the Spring Kick Off event just to create this story line or what? Because that's one plausible scenario here and if so, that's really bad.

I think that the mistake they made here is, if you are going to create a story line here, it should be one that is rooted in some fact. The Bassets' marriage obviously isn't perfect (whose is?) but there really hasn't been any question of cheating with either of them.

Re Karen's show - she did one smart thing, which was pick the right kind of room for such an event. You always want a room to look full, not empty. Gizelle and Robyn's event was apparently successful financially but because they were in a big room, it looked like no one was there. They should have used a different venue.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
6 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Eddie was smiling at Chris.

So was Eddie flirting with Chris?

1 hour ago, dosodog said:

What was with the silent film homage?

I thought it was funny. These producers deserve an Emmy

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

Praise Jesus for the great and sardonic editing because otherwise the show would be a snooze AND really ruin the reputation of two innocent men.

Who the hell would actually attend one of these "live" events because they seem boring as hell. Since Karen's event was filled in a tiny venue I think the same number of people actually showed up but technically Karen filled the house. So what - and nothing that was shown on the episode would seem to provide any kind of reason for anyone to go to another event.

I have never been to Luanne's cabaret but my understanding is that they are actually more of a professional show - but I wouldn't willingly go to one of those either.

I don't understand how people really think they can deny or make up stuff that has been filmed. I understand that you get comfortable in front of the cameras and might let stuff slip but Deborah intentionally made up an elaborate lies that were easily disproved since Chris and Eddie were miked. I also think that the producers have become more careful about making sure they have full camera coverage because there have been more than a few things that haven't been captured on camera - like whether Michael Darby grabbed the ass of the camera person or made lewd comments about Juan.

• Like 11

Ashley is so obvious about trying get Candiace to snap. The way she introduced Candiace to stupid Deborah then when she was like oh you are going to dismiss my friend. Like of course she is you dumb bitch. Your friend thinks if someone even looks at her they are wanting to fuck her. This is not fun to watch for me. I want to watch fun drama not these planned attacks. Ashley and Gizelle are disgusting.

Candiace calling Deborah a Sesame Street character the whole time cracked me up.

Edited by Marley
  • Like 14
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Mia, go up a size in your dresses if your boobs are always popping out.  Also, you told Karen about the coochie flashlight moment on camera so shut up about Karen telling everyone about it. Also, Mia if your friend tells you she has a yeast infection and could you take a look it is okay to say no and volunteer to get her a box of Monostat.

Also, Mia, you said this shit on camera.

I am sick of you saying something obviously inflammatory and then being fake offended when people make the assumption you clearly wanted them to make. It's tired and desperate. 

Do you have any other personality besides a washed-up stripper still thirsty to be sexy?

I really wonder what Ashley is going to say about her "PYT" friend, now.  Not every marriage is an obvious horrible shit show, like you and Michael.

• Like 7
  • Applause 6
3 hours ago, J80134 said:

Karen's booty looks lumpy and dumpy in that white dress

Ashley's ugly friend is desperate to be hit on. He breathed in air....he must want me. 

Karen has always had a strangely shaped backside. Now her backside is sliding down all over the place. I know she likes her tight sweatpants and jersey knits, but that rear view can't handle those fabrics.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

Also, Mia, you said this shit on camera.

I am sick of you saying something obviously inflammatory and then being fake offended when people make the assumption you clearly wanted them to make. It's tired and desperate. 

Do you have any other personality besides a washed-up stripper still thirsty to be sexy?

I really wonder what Ashley is going to say about her "PYT" friend, now.  Not every marriage is an obvious horrible shit show, like you and Michael.

That was weird how they were referring to themselves as PYTs and then changed to Pretty Little Things. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
6 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

• Candiace is a favorite of production*

I think production pulls receipts when the narrative the cast member tries to spin or their actions affects the credibility and/or operations of the show.  They've shown receipts on lying/scandalous cast members since the show first started (ex. Michael grabbing Andrew and Crew Member's butts in season 1).

Candiace paying all of them dust is confusing them and frustrating them.  Look at how Ashley was pressed to make Candiace have a confrontation with Deborah:

Deborah: You wanna talk to me one on one about this?

Candiace: No ma'am. (Grabs purse to leave)

Ashley: You don't want to talk to Deborah about Chris? Why are you being so dismissive?

Candiace: Yea, it's time to go.

Gizelle (either in her talking head or talking with Ashley): Candiace just doesn't want to listen to anyone!

It's frustrating the heck out of Gizelle and Ashley* they can't get Candiace to act a fool so they can get their Karen** on and run to Andy/BRAVO and demand Candiace be put off the show***.  And I love it!  What exactly are their storylines if they can't provoke Candiace to act a fool so they can sit back and watch and not have to do anything?  Driving in circles around the same neighborhood in Fairfax and having to film with Ashley's raggedy friends*** isn't cutting it.

*Gizelle and Ashley are always conspiring against other cast members but Robyn is going to end up taking the fall and getting fired.

**Karen IMO is/was poised to take Gizelle/Ashley's side and demand Chris/Candiace's removal.  IMO she was going to accuse Chris of being the hard hugger if Candiace had acted normally and thrown a tantrum.  Karen is a fence sitter, she sees Candiace not acting a fool and the viewing audience pretty much on Candiace's side so she's not going to side with Gizelle/Ashley at the reunion in accusing Chris.

***Ashley and Gizelle have absolutely nothing going on, which is why they're having to film with Ashley's time-worn friends. A bunch of raggedy nobodies thirsty for cameratime. And Ashley's friends, too

Edited by drivethroo
  • Like 6
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 1
13 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

and Gizelle have absolutely nothing going on, which is why they're having to film with Ashley's time-worn friends. A bunch of raggedy nobodies thirsty for cameratime. And Ashley's friends, too

I thought that they didn’t understand what a healthy relationship with a partner looked like. Now I am thinking that neither of them know what a healthy relationship with a platonic friend looks like either.

Them trying to destroy Chris Bassett’s reputation by pulling a fake #MeToo is disgusting and repellent. They could have destroyed his life and career with this false allegations. Thank goodness he producers have ethics and a moral code.

• Like 13
  • Applause 3
5 hours ago, J80134 said:

Ashley's ugly friend is desperate to be hit on. He breathed in air....he must want me. 

She had Tiff and Fi redone. 

Maybe it's time to redo Boo and Ti...

• LOL 15

I enjoyed the silent movie with the title cards. Especially the parts where it said there was no budget to air Jasmine Master's songs.  Also, Jasmine has been on 2 seasons of Drag Race, so not too shabby for her to be on Karen's show.  I thought the show, from what we saw was pretty good. I bet Rob and Giz were jealous about it.

• Like 9

I am not a Candiace fan at all, but she is really impressing me this season. She is acting like an adult and much better behaved than all these older ladies who are trying to use her for a storyline. Can we hope that she has learned how this game is played?

Mia can go, she is boring.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2

I'm concerned about the boundaries of production. Candiace has already broken the 4th wall and talked with a producer on camera (Hi Eric) and said that they would not be making Chris a storyline this season. Cut to this episode where Ashley's friend has been mic'ed up to pile on the situation that Candiace has already expressed was a no-go. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

I'm concerned about the boundaries of production. Candiace has already broken the 4th wall and talked with a producer on camera (Hi Eric) and said that they would not be making Chris a storyline this season. Cut to this episode where Ashley's friend has been mic'ed up to pile on the situation that Candiace has already expressed was a no-go. 

On Season 5, production showed what happened between Monique & Candiace because Monique and her army of bloggers had spun the narrative so much against Candiace they were forced to show the entire fight and lead up to the fight to counteract Monique's narrative.

IMO that's what they are doing here. Production is showing how the cast is making up stories and embellishing previously told stories about Chris. They are showing it's all bullshit lies.  They're not going to step in but they're also going to protect themselves from any liability by posting the receipts.

Gizelle and the OGs are truly Wile E Coyote this season because the traps they've set for Candiace (and Wendy) have blown up in their faces.

The most entertaining thing this season is watching both Gizelle and Ashley get frustrated Candiace is paying them dust. I think production is entertained watching them get frustrated too.  

I think production is tired of the BS the OGs are serving them. The OGs' plan was to wind Candiace up and watch her melt down while they sit back in the cut and collect their paycheck....again for another season.

Candiace told them on the last reunion: earn your own check.  We (and production) are seeing what the OGs are bringing when they can't rely on a wound up Candiace to carry the show. I do feel like production is seeing more and more positive audience reaction to Candiace and more and more negative reactions to the OGs and I think one or more of them won't be back for Season 8.

The ditch you dig for others, you dig for yourself.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Like 6
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 3
6 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

It’s not up,to Candiace to say her husband is off limits if he is part of the show. She can say that all she wants but Gizelle came in hot for Chris. A couple of seasons ago on Real Housewives of New Jersey, Teresa said she heard a rumor about a husband cheating. That ended up being the main story for almost an entire season.  At least Potomac production is showing that this flirting didn’t happen. 

• Like 2

It's time for Karen to retire the white knits. That's the second time her booty has looked lumpy and dumpy. Is she wearing Depends-style panties?

I think she confused her MC duties for her own episode of "This Is Your Life." Or the Emmys. She was in Full Narcissist Delusion Mode. The earnest little speech to the disinterested security guard had us howling.

I don’t understand the Sesame Street reference. 🤷‍♀️

She looks like a Muppet, esp the eyebrows. 

Too bad's Candiace's shade repertoire is limited to attacking other women's looks. Amusing, considering the lengths she goes to cover up her own face with a pound of makeup (and I suspect a nose job).

Chris' reputation was never threatened because who takes a bunch of drunken thirst queens seriously? But I like Candiace smoothly shutting them all down by refusing to engage. (Production's probably not happy.)

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Chris' reputation was never threatened because who takes a bunch of drunken thirst queens seriously? But I like Candiace smoothly shutting them all down by refusing to engage. (Production's probably not happy.)

What? this is beyond not true ... this isn't just a reality show where this would effect just him and these woman.. you have business that could fire him and you have this following him around FOREVER .. stuff like this could and does effect people day to day outside of where this happened 

• Like 9
  • Applause 5

Mia is trying to come off as some sexy vixen ready for hot sex but in reality she's just a low life ho. She is really disgusting. 

So they're still trying to get Chris but every time the producers roll tape it shows him doing nothing wrong. 

It's a pitiful, boring season. Absolutely nothing going on for any of them. Karen keeps trying and failing. I had to fast forward through her show it was so bad. 

The only storyline that would amp up this show is if Ashley's divorce turns in to an ugly war but they are even keeping that under wraps. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
32 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

So, so, so not true at all. 
People have been destroyed because of false allegations, no matter where those allegations game from.

• Like 13
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

Of course they have. But based on my viewing, there was no proof and, again, this is production hijinks. I truly think the general public - the minor few that were aware - did not take it seriously; it was a tiny blip on the radar. Chris and Eddie don't seem the type. Also, people are rarely ostracized for simple flirting. It happens millions of times a day. In fact, where I come from, a little light flirting is welcomed and acceptable. It's part of social discourse. Nobody runs around saying "don't smile at my man!" Well, maybe teenagers.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

It’s not up,to Candiace to say her husband is off limits if he is part of the show. She can say that all she wants but Gizelle came in hot for Chris. A couple of seasons ago on Real Housewives of New Jersey, Teresa said she heard a rumor about a husband cheating. That ended up being the main story for almost an entire season.  At least Potomac production is showing that this flirting didn’t happen. 

Not so much that he is totally off limits, but this storyline that he made another cast member feel uncomfortable being off limits. At the point where Gizelle introduced it, I think everyone, Gizelle, Candiace, Chris, Robyn, and production knew it was a load of BS. To allow Gizelle to continue it as a storyline, after beginning her plotting at the previous reunion, should have been shut down immediately, or at least immediately after Candiace talked to production about it. I don't think they anticipated the backlash of the allegations, or that Ashley and Mia would jump on the bandwagon and pile on the accusations. Now in order to clean up the mess they made, they have to keep showing receipts that it did not happen. When has production actively went out of their way to debunk claims as much as they are doing this season?

I get the comparison of a rumor of a husband cheating. After accusations of Michael being inappropriate with production, however, I would think that production would have handled an accusation of a husband making a housewife feeling uncomfortable very differently. I'm actually disappointed that they chose to make it a main storyline, and I think they are working overtime to smooth things over. 

Gizelle picks a husband to make her storyline every season, and it needs to stop. They want the husbands to be part of the show, but what husband would want to be part of this when at any moment one of the wives can decide to attack your character as part of their storyline? I've long said the husbands are supporting characters, not main characters. Keep the drama with the wives. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Like 9
On 1/2/2023 at 9:20 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

‘He was hitting on me and all my friends” “he said this this and this and he approached me and started talking”

producers “let’s roll the tape” 

the woman must feel so beyond stupid that NOTHING she said was remotely true 

I wish these women had the kind of self awareness needed to feel stupid. Instead, they will tell us we didn't hear or see what we saw and heard. Robyn did this on WWHL when Andy said the footage showed Charisse holding her back from Wendy. She continued to deny it, making herself look even more stupid. 

• Like 11

Production might show "receipts" of the lies and exaggerations of Ashley, Gizelle, and Deborah in the form of footage, but it still perpetuates the storyline for a whole season. 

• Like 4