Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: The Burn Session

• Start Topic

The producers are coming with the receipts this season. Robyn sat up there and told a bold face lie. Mia, Chris already embarrassed you on Twitter last year when you tried to insinuate that he slept with you on the cast trip. Or as he said on one of his lives,  you were stupid enough to publicly insinuate that you cheated on your husband. That man already told you he likes his dark skinned, natural wife. 

Why Candiace and Chris insist on trying to be friends with people who don't like them is beyond my comprehension. Ashley wouldn't even know where I lived much less, be in my house. Ashley and Gizelle are just miserable humans, who are willing to do anything for a check. 

Edited by spunky
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

Sigh. I gave Robyn her props the first two episodes but I can't support this. We know you are keeping your feud with Wendy going because you need someone to feud with while Juan is pretending to be interested in filming. Robyn and Gizelle came to the event with a stank attitude and with the sole intent to have a moment at Wendy's expense. Ya'll came for Wendy and her marriage last year and she zinged ya'll back. Producers are once again the MVP for flashing back to the truth.

I will not be convinced that there wasn't a pre-filming meeting where they decided to make Chris the target and have everyone sync their stories. As more seasons of this show air, it is really starting to bug me that they make going after marriages a main storyline. I would like them to stick to shading each other and show strong family units, especially on the housewives shows with a predominately minority cast. 

Mia is the 2nd Potomac housewife that I have had a strong negative reaction to while the season airs and I wouldn't mind this being her last season. She lies with ease and that's dangerous. 

I hope the tide turns soon because this isn't the Potomac I was expecting. Hopefully they have some fun at the Miami trip. 

• Like 3
  • Love 17

The only way Gizelle's ridiculous lying BS storyline could have worked is if she

1. Told Candiace as soon as it happened and they had words off camera. Filming would have resumed and they would have had to explain on camera that Gizelle told Candiace that she was uncomfortable immediately. Gizelle likely would have tried to spin it in her favor, like Candiace got upset because she called it out. 

2. Did not sit at that meal with Robyn and say that Chris was a sneaky link and tried to see if she was with it. That takes away from her saying she was "uncomfortable with the situation". After talking about his brown thing for years.

Now initially Chris and Candiace said that Robyn was great during the season, however Robyn seems to be walking that back a bit and defending Gizelle more, likely because of the unintended backlash. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, spunky said:

Why Candiace and Chris insist on trying to be friends with people who don't like them is beyond my comprehension. Ashley wouldn't even know where I lived much less, be in my house.

Especially after how Ashey acted the last time she was in Candiace's house.

But this does need to be a lesson to both Candiace and Chris, that everybody who is friendly ain't your friend.  What's happening to Chris is the consequence of not heeding our warning from last season, to stop trying to be the Get Along Gang with women who do not care for his wife.

4 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

I hope the tide turns soon because this isn't the Potomac I was expecting. Hopefully they have some fun at the Miami trip.

At least one cast member won't be having fun.

4 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

I will not be convinced that there wasn't a pre-filming meeting where they decided to make Chris the target and have everyone sync their stories.

If Chris was staring at Deborah it was to gaze at the wonder that is her eyebrows. I believe Karen is in on it too and will accuse Chris of being the hard hugger when the time is right (said hard hugging took place in front of the cast, crew, and other husbands).

1 hour ago, Boofish said:

So Monique was telling the truth. 

I don't think anyone ever said Monique wasn't telling the truth about "the plot." Where Monique went wrong is deciding to channel her energy into getting Candiace so Monique could ingratiate herself to the very lady who plotted to bring the trainer rumors to the show. Gigi and Charrisse spread the rumors; Gizelle plotted to bring it to the show. Candiace told Karen about "the plot" because she was not on good terms with Monique.  Instead of going after Gizelle, Monique decided she wanted to help Gizelle get Candiace off the show.

And I side eye what exactly Karen told Monique about the plot because I'd guess Karen narrated Candiace as one of the ringleaders of the plot instead of the messenger. That (IMO) is the real reason Karen didn't intially take sides but ended up siding with Monique...because IMO Karen told Monique that Candiace was plotting with Gizelle and Charrisse to bring the trainer/baby rumors to the show.

Monique only decided to come for Gizelle after watching the season and realizing Gizelle was behind the plot to bring it to the show. But she stayed fixated on Candiace.

3 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

The only way Gizelle's ridiculous lying BS storyline could have worked is if she

There's 2 ways it would've worked:

1--she and Ashley said to Candiace "We feel uncomfortable with Chris communicating with us outside of filming. Could you please tell him to not comment on our stories, not DM us, not ask us to have conversations with him without you being there."

or

2--Candiace goes off on them, throwing butter knives and giving Wendy-style reads and hollering and crying and rocking back and forth, and then the cast could say to production "this is why we can't film with Candiace, she is unstable and Chris is harassing us and they need to be off the show."

Option 2 is what the cast wanted to happen, but Candiace hasn't given them that energy yet and nobody believes Chris would act that way.  And I contend Ashley was pressed about how nice Candiace's new house is and brought up the Deborah allegations to stick it to Candiace.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Sigh. I gave Robyn her props the first two episodes but I can't support this. We know you are keeping your feud with Wendy going because you need someone to feud with while Juan is pretending to be interested in filming. [snip]

falling-old.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

This season sucks. Mia was never a good replacement for Monique and it really shows this season. She forgot about her illness when Gordon brought it up. She looked at him like what the f are you talking about?  
Ashley sucks too. Pretending to make up with Candiace knowing damn well she’s in on the attack on Chris.  
Hey Candyass, before you spread shit about Karen think about how bad it feels now that it’s being done to you and Chris.
Robyn could have diffused the Wendy crap and would have come out looking much better than she does now.  Instead she doubles down with Giselle. Both are looking useless.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 11

Mia was adopted? Didn't we meet her mother on camera? I know she was in foster care but full on adopted?

So Chris being friendly to any woman is flirting and not looking at Mia at all is staring at Mia. Also, those lumps or whatever that are floating around are most likely related to the implants or lipo or fillers, etc...

Robyn needed Charisse to gently hold her back from getting close to Wendy is not really being restrained Robyn?

Wendy thought her winery burn thing would go any other way? Also, why did production find a winery almost two hours away? There a lot of wineries in Virginia and Maryland but where would the drama be without a Sprinter Van ride, sigh.

I got the feeling that Ashley was driving around in circles in Candiace's neighborhood while she was on the phone.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Robyn needed Charisse to gently hold her back from getting close to Wendy is not really being restrained Robyn?

I viewed it more as Charisse coaxing Robyn to sit down a chill because Wendy wasn't worth getting worked up about.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, rlc said:

I viewed it more as Charisse coaxing Robyn to sit down a chill because Wendy wasn't worth getting worked up about.

Same difference, either way Charrise did have to put her hands on Robyn so she would back off Wendy.  The camera does not lie and the producers love proving someone wrong.

Wendy should not even mention that poorly planned and executed Family UnFun Day, it would have made Robyn crazy to be disarmed.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 11/2/2022 at 10:28 AM, TexasGal said:

Airdate: 10.06.2022

This show is exhausting , and this is just the beginning. I can't stand the lies that are circulating within the group. First of all Charise needs to go and crawl back under the rock.  Robyn , you are looking real crazy now and your behavior is not landing with the fans.   Candiace, you are real crazy for trusting Ashely you know she's vindictive,  Ashely is never going to change and she's pissed about how you went off to the producer about Michael.  Mia, just stop please with the lies about your health and regarding Chris. the ladies were right Mia, you do need attention all of the time at any cost .  Wendy forget about Gisele, she's not worth your friendship you had every right to defend the lies about your husband last season, you don't owe Gisele any apology.  Candiace don't spread rumors about Karen if you don't want any rumors spread about you what goes around comes around.   Thank you producers for exposing all of the lies, we appreciate it.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Same difference, either way Charrise did have to put her hands on Robyn so she would back off Wendy.  The camera does not lie and the producers love proving someone wrong.

Charisse should have just let her go, liven the show up a little bit.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
12 hours ago, Boofish said:

So Monique was telling the truth. 

Candiace - I have sat and listened to Gizelle scheme and plan all kinds of shenanigans around people in this group

I'm pretty sure Candiace confirmed this while that season was airing. She had a Live on Instagram where she flat out confirmed that yes, Gizelle and Robyn discussed bringing the rumors of Monique's third child not being Chris' to the show. This was when many of the Housewives were in LA for Andy's baby shower. 

I believe Ashley, who was heavily pregnant with Dean at the time did not attend, so she was not there and Karen had gone back to her room before the talk started. Candiace said she was very uncomfortable about the whole thing and did call and tell Karen about it the day after I think. So yes, the whole, "there was a plot to come for Monique and bring rumors about her child to the show" was confirmed by Candiace. 

6 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

This season sucks. Mia was never a good replacement for Monique and it really shows this season. She forgot about her illness when Gordon brought it up. She looked at him like what the f are you talking about?  

She really is a caricature at this point. Yeah this season is starting off rough with the obvious manipulation on Gizelle and company's end to come for Candiace's marriage. The worse part is just how sloppy and obvious it is. Karen made a great tweet after this episode, more or less saying that. I think it was something to the effect of, the plotting some of them did in advance, clearly should have been rehearsed better. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Like 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Also, why did production find a winery almost two hours away? There a lot of wineries in Virginia and Maryland but where would the drama be without a Sprinter Van ride, sigh.

So they couldn't easily escape.  What is Robyn going to do, take an Uber from the VA/WVA border back to Howard County MD?

2 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Sprinter vans are the new drama producer. Lock all the women in the van and watch wackiness ensue. I guess nothing happened in that sprinter since they went straight to the winery scene. 

What I'm trying to understand is why was there one vehicle for Wendy and Ashley (who live at least 90 minutes apart in opposite directions --I certainly hope Wendy's vehicle picked up Ashley in Arlington and then went west to Loudoun) and a Sprinter for everyone else?

2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I got the feeling that Ashley was driving around in circles in Candiace's neighborhood while she was on the phone.

No, the houses in the neighborhood Ashley was circling are closer together than the houses in Candiace's neighborhood (which are more spread out). Candiace's neighborhood/house had Ashley shook, which is why Ashley commented "Oh this is a nice house" before Candiace opened the door.

Ashley can't afford the houses in the neighborhood she was circling, much less the houses in Candiace's neighborhood.

1 hour ago, byrd said:

Candiace, you are real crazy for trusting Ashely you know she's vindictive,  Ashely is never going to change and she's pissed about how you went off to the producer about Michael. 

That's part of it, although I think Ashley is more upset that Candiace has always called out Ashley's depravity in defending/staying with Michael. I think the core of Ashley/Candiace beef is Ashley does not like the fact Candiace can get nice things without having live a life of depravity with an old controlling man. Candiace does not have to beg a man for a nice house and even if Candiace's mother helped in the past or is helping currently, it's more than what Ashley's mother can do for her. 

Ashley has to use Michael's choice of real estate agent, Ashley has to use Michael's choice of loan officer, Ashley has to accept Michael's choice of how the house is purchased and Ashley has to accept Michael's choice of ownership in the house.

Candiace doesn't have to do that. Ashley doesn't think that's fair.

Michael is humoring Ashley by letting her look at houses (which is why he wants HIS agent showing Ashley houses ---the Realtor is babysitting Ashley).  I would almost guarantee Michael has already purchased the house he wants Ashley and the kids in, it will not be Ashley's choice, it will be a modest Ryan Homes 3 bedroom home somewhere in Fairfax and that's it.  And if Ashley gets out of line, he will put her out just like he put Sheila out of her home.

Ashley was shook when she pulled up to Candiace's house and stewed on Candiace's house on the drive back to Arlington. That, IMO, is the reason she decided to keep getting at Candiace with the Chris allegations....My husband is shitty but your husband is shitty too...maybe you need to be in the position I'm in, struggling and juggling for a house.

• Fire 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 7

Also, man Wendy basically telling Robyn her relationship with Juan is a joke, really, really stuck in Robyn's craw. You can practically feel the seething hatred Robyn has for Wendy, coming off her. Like Gizelle is just a messy bitch who takes pleasure in making others' miserable but Robyn straight up hates Wendy at this point. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

This is what sets Potomac apart from the other franchises for me - they have their fair share of silly high school insults but they also keep truth bombs locked and loaded to use for maximum carnage. Each of one of them have/had a spot. For Karen, Wendy, Ashley, Robyn and Gizelle - it's the husbands/ex husbands and for Candiace and Mia it's their mothers/relationships with mothers. So at any time you are backed in a corner and need a quick finishing bullet, just say the name of the person then fire when ready 😂.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8

So pissed off Robyn gets up and leaves the "burn" table and nobody goes after her? Not even her bestie Gizelle? Did she ever come back? She's acting all kinds of unhinged this season. 

Ashley going to Candiace's home acting all nicey nice and sweet like a best friend then waiting to start more shit about Chris when all the girls were gathered together was an all time low even for this franchise. She said she didn't hear about it until after she was at Candiace's but I don't believe that for a minute. 

Why can't gorgeous Gizelle find and keep a man? I'm so curious about her in real life. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Why can't gorgeous Gizelle find and keep a man? I'm so curious about her in real life. 

I know beauty is subjective but what's so gorgeous about her?

And taking a stab at the question: in the context of dating, there isn't a lot appealing about a venomous, bitter and cruel ex-trophy wife ... and the tacky media circus attached with her.

We're not as simple as some women think. 

Edited by StillHere
Respect
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Ashley sucks too. Pretending to make up with Candiace knowing damn well she’s in on the attack on Chris.  
Hey Candyass, before you spread shit about Karen think about how bad it feels now that it’s being done to you and Chris.

This, this, THIS. Candiace is so oblivious and lacking in self-awareness. Laughing and spreading rumors about Karen's marriage. Then later, goes scorched earth, on air and to the gutter on SM, when some does the same to her.

Ashley ain't shit but her anvil was spot on. How DOES it feel, little girl? Dorothy did a disservice to her maladjusted woman-child of a daughter.

• Applause 3
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Robyn straight up hates Wendy at this point. 

She sure does, and I guess that's how she justifies blatently lying about what happened. Why do these women think they can rewrite history when everything they do is taped??? Robyn needs a storyline, first she involved children in her fight - then she clearly lied about what went down with Wendy, zero respect for her now. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Her face?

Okay. I can see that, YMMV.

She was ... pretty, in a Western, commercial way, to me ... in 2016.

I find Ashley, Monique, Katie and the new "friend of" Jacqueline faces more beautiful.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I find Ashley, Monique, Katie and the new "friend of" Jacqueline faces more beautiful.

I'd put Gizelle in that same group, beauty wise. But again, the variance of mileage is always a factor...

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 11/7/2022 at 8:31 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I think you nailed it. Production pulled two stories out of that set-up: visiting Candiace and looking for a new home.

In-laws had a home by the Shenandoah River near Bluemont, and I was just there to ramble around the fall foliage. That part of Virginia is where some deep pockets live. It's charming and I'd live there but it's not practical.

These planned fight clubs are so tired and boring. Robyn didn't even bother - just stalked out to the bus.

What ever happened to the Atlanta restaurant Jamal promised the girls?

I'd love Candiace's hair but she can't stop running her hands through it. One of my top pet peeves - hands constantly in the hair.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
41 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

It promptly went under, I wonder if those girls now have some financial issues because of it OR he never put their names on anything legal in regards to that restaurant and was just full of shit about it.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

I am loving the producers showing all lies being exposed. My favorite was when Mia was complaining how busy and overwhelmed she was, only for them to show us footage of her moving a stack of brochures, telling someone on the phone she'll call them back and then being oblivious as she was looking at her laptop 😂 Also, what is going on with her health? Obviously she is full of it, but is she really that dumb that she forgets she has them? She looked completely clueless when Gordon brought it up. I also love that she keeps saying Chris was looking at her for them to flash to footage of Chris not looking at her at all. 

Some shallow notes, Gizelle's daughter Grace is such a stunner. And I thought Robyn looked pretty when she visited the lawyer.

• Like 1
  • Love 13

Adding an infidelity clause means you have to prove the infidelity happened. Juan is a little too slippery to make that mistake twice - ie getting caught.

I really wish she would have answered the income question. Taking out the show money- that leaves hats/caps and blogging-podcasting vs. College coach's salary. Does Juan teach at a state school, which means he gets a pension? Does his children get to attend for free /reduced costs?

She really need to be making sure her boys are taken care of , including a roof over their head and their education, as opposed to be worrying about headwear profits..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5

For these women to live in the area all/most of their lives, they seem to be at a loss with the weather and what to wear. Just what was that Wendy had on at the flower farm - a silk robe ?

Passing Kidney stone (that feels like childbirth) vs. Taking a pee break. Let me refill my bottle now.💖

kip.gif.14fe1dd7706f63c33c8eb3851752ebbe.gif

Edited by sATL
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

It promptly went under, I wonder if those girls now have some financial issues because of it OR he never put their names on anything legal in regards to that restaurant and was just full of shit about it.

A restaurant appears to be  open at the same address. not sure how to tell who is or is not the owner.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/teen-daughters-of-real-housewives-star-apparently-now-own-restaurant/999178926/

https://thearizonasteakhouse.com/

anyone know about Ashburn, VA ?image.thumb.png.59abf7f38250edb7b3bf2817d00b7ac9.png

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
13 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Some shallow notes, Gizelle's daughter Grace is such a stunner. And I thought Robyn looked pretty when she visited the lawyer.

Was it me or is that one of the best looks that Robyn has ever served?

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, qtpye said:

Was it me or is that one of the best looks that Robyn has ever served?

Agree. Just goes to show one can wear a good looking wig, just as quick as a bad one. I think it was the right shade, highlights and length. it complimented her personality as opposed to fighting against it. 

And she was extremely professional. Anyone looks better when they aren't acting too hoody. She has better looks too when she is just hanging out with her family.

Here's a screen grab ,  to have it documented, in case it never happens again.

received_900851024211322.jpeg

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Some shallow notes, Gizelle's daughter Grace is such a stunner. 

Something about Grace has changed - I noticed last season.. Is it just maturity/gotten older? Different hair/make-up? Yes, she looks beautiful, but definitely different.. Just can't put my finger on it.🤔

Wonder if she us going to flow into her mom"s alma matter. 

And the twins aren't as identical as they used to be.

Now, I also can't wait to see Robin's boys grow manly and handsome.

Edited by sATL
  • Applause 1
22 hours ago, sATL said:

Adding an infidelity clause means you have to prove the infidelity happened. Juan is a little too slippery to make that mistake twice - ie getting caught.

I really wish she would have answered the income question. Taking out the show money- that leaves hats/caps and blogging-podcasting vs. College coach's salary. Does Juan teach at a state school, which means he gets a pension? Does his children get to attend for free /reduced costs?

She really need to be making sure her boys are taken care of , including a roof over their head and their education, as opposed to be worrying about headwear profits..

At most colleges b-ball coach's contracts include pensions and/or access to deferred comp programs available to other tenured staff. In addition, most colleges include free/reduced costs for staff children as a regular benefit. So, as long as he continues to coach those boys will have a fallback school. My guess, however, is that the boys will be groomed as athletes and will be looking to play college ball (either basketball or football). In a pinch one or both will play for whatever school Juan is coaching at by then.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

anyone know about Ashburn, VA ?

Ashburn is one of many Washington DC suburbs. It is in Loudoun County, VA, a massive county that was largely rural until about 20 years ago. There were anti-development lawsuits and many community arguments, as the county had a lot of charming old village communities (Bluemont, Hamilton, Purcellville). Middleburg is in Loudoun. Jackie Kennedy, the Mellons, etc. lived there. Sheilah Johnson established a compound in Middleburg, where her film festival is held annually.

But Ashburn is a lot of cookie cutter subdivisions with McMansions and sprawling strip mall development. Part of Dulles International Airport is in Loudoun County, so lots of FAA and airline employees live in Ashburn. My family member lives there, and they love it, but that's mostly because of its proximity to their jobs (2X daily commutes drive a lot of home-buying decisions in the area).

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

Ashburn is one of many Washington DC suburbs. It is in Loudoun County, VA, a massive county that was largely rural until about 20 years ago. There were anti-development lawsuits and many community arguments, as the county had a lot of charming old village communities (Bluemont, Hamilton, Purcellville). Middleburg is in Loudoun. Jackie Kennedy, the Mellons, etc. lived there. Sheilah Johnson established a compound in Middleburg, where her film festival is held annually.

But Ashburn is a lot of cookie cutter subdivisions with McMansions and sprawling strip mall development. Part of Dulles International Airport is in Loudoun County, so lots of FAA and airline employees live in Ashburn. My family member lives there, and they love it, but that's mostly because of its proximity to their jobs (2X daily commutes drive a lot of home-buying decisions in the area).

Also a lot of 55 and over communities like Dell Webb, maybe Ashley can find another rich old man and move there, lol.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 5
On 11/8/2022 at 2:06 PM, sATL said:

For these women to live in the area all/most of their lives, they seem to be at a loss with the weather and what to wear. Just what was that Wendy had on at the flower farm - a silk robe ?

Passing Kidney stone (that feels like childbirth) vs. Taking a pee break. Let me refill my bottle now.💖

kip.gif.14fe1dd7706f63c33c8eb3851752ebbe.gif

Wendy looked a damned fool in that get up.

On 11/8/2022 at 8:54 AM, pasdetrois said:

I think you nailed it. Production pulled two stories out of that set-up: visiting Candiace and looking for a new home.

In-laws had a home by the Shenandoah River near Bluemont, and I was just there to ramble around the fall foliage. That part of Virginia is where some deep pockets live. It's charming and I'd live there but it's not practical.

These planned fight clubs are so tired and boring. Robyn didn't even bother - just stalked out to the bus.

I'd love Candiace's hair but she can't stop running her hands through it. One of my top pet peeves - hands constantly in the hair.

That was the strangest scene. One minute she had a center part, then the hair was side swept, and this back and forth continued the whole scene.

• LOL 7
17 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

That was the strangest scene. One minute she had a center part, then the hair was side swept, and this back and forth continued the whole scene.

It was like watching a tennis game! 

Edit: Her hair is gorgeous, though 😍

Edited by Glama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2