Type keyword(s) to search

NCIS In The Media

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

(edited)
14 hours ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

I'm glad she's leaving as I didn't care for the actress and the show was loaded with too many characters.

There are too many agents working on just one case at times, but neither Torres or Bishop is the answer. Alex had good chemistry with Gibbs, but not so much with the others.  IMO.

Edited by VinceW

I am really sad that JE is leaving.  I enjoyed her.  She was different than the others and brought fresh air.  Again, Bishop can go anytime, she brings nothing.  Also, I saw Torres on " The Ranch" from Netflix.  Apparently he has a spot in the cast there.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, stuckin60s said:

Also, I saw Torres on " The Ranch" from Netflix.  Apparently he has a spot in the cast there.

Given that The Ranch stars two of his former That 70's Show costars, I'm not surprised. Apparently they're all pretty tight.

On 7/19/2017 at 8:29 AM, stuckin60s said:

I am really sad that JE is leaving.  I enjoyed her.  She was different than the others and brought fresh air.  Again, Bishop can go anytime, she brings nothing.  Also, I saw Torres on " The Ranch" from Netflix.  Apparently he has a spot in the cast there.

I'll ditto you on Bishop.

But Quinn was probably only meant for one season, as she just joined the team to figure out who - or what personality- would fit best of Gibbs' team.

But I'd rather keep her over Bishop.

• Love 3

Ugh. This is becoming like the revolving door that is Criminal Minds casting.

I wonder what makes them think this psychologist will work out any better than Jamie Lee Curtis' character. This new character just seems like a rehash of Samantha Ryan.

• Love 4

Not optimistic either about the new character.  And I know nothing about Maria Bello.  Still will give her and the character a chance.

Still, they have so many characters with the team already.  Don't know why they just make that sort of character re-occurring. 

Someone on the show must really like the "foil for Gibbs will they won't they" shtick because this is at least the 5th or 6th time (a scan of the NCIS characters wikipedia page got me Jenny, Borin, Hollis Mann, MAllison Hart, and Samantha Ryan) over the years and the only one of those that was any good was Hollis and possibly Borin. I am not optimistic about this one.

Fortunately just because she's a regular doesn't mean she'll show up in every episode (one can only hope) and since Reeves isn't in every ep either, with Quinn's absence we can hope that there will be less scene chewing and less of the good team members get 2.8 seconds of screen time per ep in order to fit all the people in. I don't really care for Torres and would be fine with the team just being Gibbs/McGee/Bishop, but I can live with Torres being there without Quinn, and with the occasional Reeves.

Jenny was never a "will they, won't they" for me-since she was an ex. And those horrid Paris flashbacks of them rolling around in bed with her moaning was enough of "they did already" so I don't need to see a redux! BLECH.

And I never thought Mallison was a contender. I'd rather they stick with guest stars hitting on Gibbs, asking if he's single, and him flirting back, as opposed to him getting involved with anyone else.

But that's just me.

• Love 3

I don't think all of them were a will they won't they (although I do feel like I remember the bits of Mallison that I haven't managed to scrub from my brain, did have will/won't), but they all were kind of that foil, romantic tension, annoying. Let's not get into the 3 ex-wives either.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, JessDVD said:

Let's not get into the 3 ex-wives either.

3? For some reason, I think Gibbs has been married 5 times (1 deceased and 4 ex (one of whom is now also deceased) wives).

11 minutes ago, illdoc said:

3? For some reason, I think Gibbs has been married 5 times (1 deceased and 4 ex (one of whom is now also deceased) wives).

No. Married four times. Widowed once, divorced three times.

Shannon: ❤️Of his life and murdered, along with his daughter, Kelly.

Ex No. 1-Horrid SheBeast Diane 

Ex No. 2-can't remember her name, played by Jeri Ryan. 

Ex No. 3-blanking on name, but played by Kathleen York. 

Or maybe two and three should be flipped?

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'd rather they stick with guest stars hitting on Gibbs, asking if he's single, and him flirting back, as opposed to him getting involved with anyone else.

But that's just me.

That's not just you -- I feel the same way. 

It also annoys me that they keep trying to pair him with smart/smart-mouthed women who challenge him. The love of his life was someone kind and warm, although smart. If they want to pair him off, I'd rather see him with someone like that, although perhaps that's why he chooses women so different from Shannon, now that I think about it.

• Love 3

WTF why would a tallented forensic psychologist serve two tours in Afghan?  Like that culture is going to bare its soul to a female?  Like our side doesn't know who many of the bad guys over there are, from the POV of our troops.  

Maybe this is the year we find that Ellie has been saved for one of the best arcs of all times?  no?  

On 9/13/2017 at 3:06 AM, marina to said:

So I saw this photo and thought, I have to find out who this hottie is. Then I looked at the name. Colour me shocked and surprised. Why have they been hiding him?

He definitely cleans up good!

On 7/28/2017 at 10:05 PM, enoughcats said:

WTF why would a tallented forensic psychologist serve two tours in Afghan?  Like that culture is going to bare its soul to a female?  Like our side doesn't know who many of the bad guys over there are, from the POV of our troops.  

Maybe this is the year we find that Ellie has been saved for one of the best arcs of all times?  no?  

And if she was that talented, how in the world did she get through 2 tours in a combat zone and remain a 2nd Lieutenant?  In the real world that's a virtually automatic promotion at 2 years 

• Love 1

NCIS Season 15 Episodes (22):

15x1     Sep 26, 2017   "House Divided"  -  Two months after Gibbs and McGee were last seen fighting an elusive group of rebels in a Paraguay jungle, the NCIS team in D.C. tirelessly searches for their missing colleagues. Also, Vance and Torres are summoned to a congressional hearing regarding the fallout from the Paraguay mission

15x2     Oct 03, 2017   "Twofer"  -  NCIS is called in to investigate when the body of a missing Navy Lieutenant who disappeared a year and a half ago is located by a cemetery grounds crew while they are relocating caskets on the property. Also, Gibbs and McGee must pass a psych evaluation with Doctor Grace Confalone before officially resuming all work responsibilities.

15x3     Oct 10, 2017   "Exit Strategy"  -  While on a stakeout with Metro P.D., Torres' partner mysteriously vanishes, with the subsequent investigation leading NCIS to uncover new evidence from a decade-old murder. Also, Ducky's friend, Cadence Darwin, presents him with a new opportunity during his guest lecture series.

15x4     Oct 17, 2017   "Skeleton Crew"

15x5     TBA                 "Burden of Proof"

October 26 - November 22  (November Sweeps dates)

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 1

This is becoming like the revolving door that is Criminal Minds casting.

In the real world, special agent assignments are rotated around, especially criminal profilers so its not too much of a departure for me. It always annoys me when the teams of agents on TV stay the same for years on end. A part of me likes the stability but annoys me when I think about it too much. I do agree that it can be exasperating when they change so often. Does the NCIS team have to have so many members? Especially when they keep the dead weight like Torres around.

Edited by Linderhill
On 7/28/2017 at 7:05 PM, enoughcats said:

On 9/14/2017 at 9:48 AM, pally said:

And if she was that talented, how in the world did she get through 2 tours in a combat zone and remain a 2nd Lieutenant?  In the real world that's a virtually automatic promotion at 2 years 

I think it was just a mistake of the press release writer, not knowing you use the highest rank achieved not the initial entry rank. Most famously General Custer who had reverted to a Lieutenant Colonel at the time of his death. My guess is that the forensic psychology came after the Army service, if that is not what we paid for her to learn and ultimately use in Afghanistan. We are far from the JAG roots were this franchise got customs and courtesies mostly correct

• Love 1
On 9/19/2017 at 0:03 AM, VinceW said:

NCIS Season 15 Episodes (22):

15x1     Sep 26, 2017   "House Divided"  -  Two months after Gibbs and McGee were last seen fighting an elusive group of rebels in a Paraguay jungle, the NCIS team in D.C. tirelessly searches for their missing colleagues. Also, Vance and Torres are summoned to a congressional hearing regarding the fallout from the Paraguay mission

15x2     Oct 03, 2017   "Twofer"  -  NCIS is called in to investigate when the body of a missing Navy Lieutenant who disappeared a year and a half ago is located by a cemetery grounds crew while they are relocating caskets on the property. Also, Gibbs and McGee must pass a psych evaluation with Doctor Grace Confalone before officially resuming all work responsibilities.

15x3     Oct 10, 2017   "Exit Strategy"  -  While on a stakeout with Metro P.D., Torres' partner mysteriously vanishes, with the subsequent investigation leading NCIS to uncover new evidence from a decade-old murder. Also, Ducky's friend, Cadence Darwin, presents him with a new opportunity during his guest lecture series.

15x4     Oct 17, 2017   "Skeleton Crew" -  Director Vance welcomes NCIS Special Agent Jacqueline "Jack" Sloane, a forensic psychologist he lobbied to transfer from California, to headquarters. Also, in the midst of a storm that has shut down Washington, D.C. and knocked out power, the NCIS team investigates the kidnapping of a sailor, which sends Torres and Bishop out to sea to track evidence.

Edited by VinceW

Anyone want to start a betting pool on how they kill her off? We all know that women don't get off the show alive. And Abby has made it very clear in the past that you will pry that lab from her cold dead fingers.

• Love 2

I knew more people leaving was inevitable, with great shows like this one it's the actors deciding they had enough and leaving that finally kills it and after Ziva's actress left I knew it was only a matter of time before the rest took off. Shame Abby had to go so soon though, she has always been one of my favorites and the parts where she's in the episode are some of the best.

• Love 1

I guess after 15 years this isn't surprising. I, as a very small minority, will be glad to see her go. However, I am glad she is doing it on her terms, tho, and was not pushed out. I am intrigued to see how this affects Gibbs going forward (assuming it is renewed, etc. etc.)

• Love 2

I say this as someone who has seen every episode of NCIS and likes Abby.  I think we have reached the point where this should be the farewell season.  Gibbs is in a good place.  Michael has decided to leave, David may leave, and Pauley is leaving.  Let this be a joyous send-off that lasts the season.  Bring back as many recurring favorites (* cough FORNELL!) as can be reasonably (or even unreasonably) scheduled.  Contact Bull to let them know that we will need to borrow Michael.  Find the actress who plays Jordan and bring her back for Ducky.  Talk to Sasha.  We need a flashback or dream sequence for Kate.  Call Jamie Bamber and have Jake and Ellie reconcile.  Emily needs to come back with her dad.

And if somehow, the planets will align to bring Allison Janney on as any sort of character who interacts with Gibbs, well, awesome!

And yes, I'm avoiding a certain someone on purpose, for two reasons: Unless things have changed, there doesn't seem to be a unified front for Cote to return, be that from the show, from her, or some combination of both.  From a storyline perspective, any attempt to bring back Ziva will result in absolute fan bedlam. It will no longer be about saying good-bye to NCIS, so I'd just assume not go there at all.  She and Tony have Tali.  He has said he loved her.  Let that be enough.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 13

I agree. It's been 15 seasons. Tons of major cast turnover in the last couple of seasons rather than slowly and steadily over the years. They've had a fantastic run considering they were a spin-off of a show hardly anyone remembers and they've generated two successful spin-offs of their own. Make the decision now so that they can have a really great last season that is well planned. But it is time to Let It Go.

• Love 7
Just now, anna0852 said:

Alright I'm sorry @GHScorpiosRule

'sokay.

Even the back door pilot was a totally different show than when the official pilot premiered in the following Fall Season of 2003. Down to the theme music. But I was very happy they jettisoned Robin Lively's annoying and smug character of Agent BlackAdder. 

• Love 1

Oh don't kill her, let her have an epiphany and head her off to the convent to permanently join the bowling nuns.  I'd like to see the show end while on top but I think it ends only when Mark Harmon decides to move on

• Love 3

I certainly would be a kick in the teeth if they kill her BUT I really doubt they would, she is beloved by most fans and it seems Paulie is leaving on good terms with the show. But they really do have a track record of killing off female characters.

Not sure why they killed of Kate but maybe they were mad she wanted to leave only two years in.

Killing Cassidy sucked because I liked her but she was a not on that much and it was a good send off.

I liked the director, not sure why they killed her off other than a way to escape the mess they had made with the character with all the frog business. I feel killing her aloud them to reboot the director position.

Cote obviously pissed off the show is some way shape or form so the was a revenge thing they killed Ziva out of spite.

I'm glad they did not kill off Quinn I am probably in the minority but I liked her best of all the new characters, more than Bishop that is for sure.

Other than Franks what male characters have been killed off? I can't think of any but there has to be more.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, fifty8th said:

Not sure why they killed of Kate but maybe they were mad she wanted to leave only two years in.

Pretty much. Sasha told Bellisario as he was writing the season two finale that she wanted out, so he had to rewrite it. He wasn't pleased.

10 minutes ago, fifty8th said:

Other than Franks what male characters have been killed off? I can't think of any but there has to be more.

Pacci, Dornie (Dornegut), MORROW!!!!! (I will never ever, ever, ever, EVER forgive them for that! Yeah, still BITTER); for obvious reasons, Papa Gibbs.

• Love 3

Don't forget killing off Jackie Vance, Gibb's wife, Shannon, his daughter, Kelly, and his ex-wife, Diane!  Abby better not die!  

Gibbs Sr died, but so did the actor. Ziva's father was killed.  Agent Ned Dorneget also died in action.

Delilah is lucky to only be paralyzed!

Edited by MortysCleaningLady
I type too slowly
15 minutes ago, MortysCleaningLady said:

Gibb's wife, Shannon, his daughter, Kelly, and his ex-wife, Diane! 

I don't count Shannon and Kelly, because they weren't killed off after appearing on this show--that is, they were a part of Gibbs's past and were already dead.

As for Diane? I cheered and DANCED when they killed her off. I didn't care for the recast or her obnoxious self. She was perfect as the silent, giving Gibbs death looks. There was no NEED to bring her in with speaking parts.

Eh, Eli wasn't part of NCIS. Otherwise I'd throw in Ari.

• Love 1

I'm not surprised she's leaving. The character hasn't really changed much over 15 seasons, and there isn't much you can really do with a labrat character like Abby, because she doesn't have the same skill set to be involved in storylines like the other characters can be. I imagine it must get pretty boring playing the same types of scenes over and over again as an actor. You could take so many Abby scenes and not have a clue which episode it is because they're all fairly similar.

I'd like to see Abby decide to change or adjust her career somehow and go off into the sunset that way.

• Love 2

Have they ever really given her a decent character storyline? I mean, beyond the brother story or the brief stalker episode (and that damn dog episode), she really hasn't been developed like the other characters. We don't see much of her life or her relationships if it doesn't relate to the other team members. There have been a couple quick romantic relationships that started and ended in an episode or two (or were just alluded to), and of course there was the time period when she dated McGee, but... I think Abby's probably one of the least-developed characters of the entire series. As threebluestars mentioned, she really hasn't changed much at all. What kind of character development is that, if she doesn't go anywhere after 15 years of episodes? 

It's been a good run, but I do think it's time for the show to end. With so many characters gone (and the powers that be trying to force new characters instead of working more with what they have, such as Palmer), it's time. The show has had a very long, successful run, but it doesn't need to go on forever.

In my case, it's gone from weekly viewing to "oh yeah, I should probably catch up on the show and see what's going on." That's not a good sign.

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, UncleChuck said:

I wonder what the over/under would be for how many times she has said "Gibbs-Gibbs-Gibbs!!!"

You're short two "Gibbs!" It's "Gibbs-Gibbs-GibbsGibbsGibbs!!!"

When she devolved, I'm not quite sure...but she was a sophisticated, mature woman, though Goth in the first two seasons.

"Yankee White": "Wow. Gibbs said Please." Said with such deprecation.

• Love 3