Type keyword(s) to search

NCIS In The Media

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Sure they are. If they're raised properly. Just like two-legged children. I know a pit who lives down the block. There's a sign on the gate that says 'security dog.' Well yeah, if by 'security dog' you mean, 'beware he'll kiss you to death' lol! He's the biggest mush you'll ever see. He makes friends with the teeniest, tiniest little dogs and rarely even barks. He's always happy to see people and all the kids in the neighborhood stop by after school to play with him. :)

I guess I should have clarified it as you stated it--if raised properly, pit bulls can be lovable. They get a bad rep and are abused and used mercilessly, which gives them a bad reputation.

@GHScorpiosRule exactly! I hate that so many people are afraid of them or automatically think they're vicious.  And the cities that are trying to ban them? Let's just say I won't be visiting those locations anytime soon.  Hell, I've met Chihuahuas that will sooner rip your face off than be friendly. But no one talks about banning them!

• Love 3

Abby's real  life attacker (the homeless man who attacked and left her lying on the sidewalk) was just released from jail.  

And he's hanging around his old neighborhood (not that far from hers).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5414799/NCIS-Pauley-Perrette-fears-homeless-attacker-release.html

I really hope she has a roommate/good friend who can protect her.  And that she can work her way past that horrible part of her life.

• Love 1

TV Line, Feb 20 (ICYMI)

Question: Have you heard anything yet about how Abby is leaving NCIS? —Jane
Ausiello: Only that leading up to the end of her 15-season run, Pauley Perrette has aimed to scatter Easter eggs for longtime fans to find. “Her approach to [leaving] is to have fun with this,” Rocky Carroll told Matt Mitovich. “What she has been doing for her fans is make sprinkle in callbacks, certain Abby-isms, these little treats that the diehard NCIS fans will recognize. It’s her ‘farewell’ card to the audience, where people will see it and go, ‘Oh my god, that’s from Season 2, when this happened with Tony’ or ‘when this happened with Kate.’ She’s trying to take you on this treasure hunt, where every time you’re watching one of her scenes there’s a throwback to a previous season.”

17 minutes ago, betsyboo said:

TV Line, Feb 20 (ICYMI)

Ausiello: Only that leading up to the end of her 15-season run, Pauley Perrette has aimed to scatter Easter eggs for longtime fans to find. “Her approach to [leaving] is to have fun with this,” Rocky Carroll told Matt Mitovich. “What she has been doing for her fans is make sprinkle in callbacks, certain Abby-isms, these little treats that the diehard NCIS fans will recognize. It’s her ‘farewell’ card to the audience, where people will see it and go, ‘Oh my god, that’s from Season 2, when this happened with Tony’ or ‘when this happened with Kate.’ She’s trying to take you on this treasure hunt, where every time you’re watching one of her scenes there’s a throwback to a previous season.”

Borrrrrring and I don't CARE.

4 hours ago, betsyboo said:

TV Line, Feb 20 (ICYMI)

I have heard this four different times now, and I have yet to notice a single "Easter egg". I guess I just have an awful memory.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, secnarf said:

I have heard this four different times now, and I have yet to notice a single "Easter egg". I guess I just have an awful memory.

I've only seen one; okay two. The first being that Pauley has gone back to the low, husky sounding voice from the first couple of seasons, and not the high pitched "GIBBS! GIBBS!GIBBS!GIBBS!GIBBS!"

The other is that thing she did with Tony and Kate, or maybe it was Tony and Ziva? Or McGee and Ziva? Anyway, she discovered something, saw them at the elevator, and took their hands, turned around so their arms were "crossed" over her.  She did that with Bishop and Nick a few episodes ago.

• Love 1

My opinion on the Mark-Pauley situation has changed.  I now think there is some there there because I agree with the EW piece.  This does seem to have the feel of what happened on The Good Wife between Archie and Julianna, and I also agree that it's become very noticeable.  Gibbs used to go down to Abby's lab often and bring her Caf-Pow.  Now he's rarely down there.  Another character always goes, and I'm hard-pressed to find a recent instance where Gibbs even talks to Abby on the phone or via the plasma (like in Autopsy).

Another red flag for me is that we haven't gotten a throwaway line about it, such as "Gibbs never comes down to see me anymore." This tells me that it's likely not a storyline decision.  TPTB aren't mentioning it because they don't want us to notice it.  At this point, there's more to support that there may be an issue between Mark and Pauley than there is that refutes it.

If it is so, I was saddened when it happened on The Good Wife, and I will be saddened ifi it happens again here.

Edited by Ohmo

It's clear CBS didn't learn shit from what happened with Margulies and Archie. And again they think the viewers are stupid. But I'm forever Team Mark because I don't think he would do anything that would endanger anyone on the crew or cast. Like I said before, if that had been the case, in this day and age with smart phones and what not, it would have gone viral.

That said, CBS, the show, whoever, need to do a better job of explaining the shoddy way they're dealing with it.

• Love 5

If it is true that there is bad blood between the actors, they and the creators need to man up and think of the welfare of the show first.  J. Michael Straczynski had an issue with Claudia Christian and the last season of Babylon 5.  He didn't suck it up and think of the welfare of the show (no, I don't really know to whom to assign blame) and the last season sucked without Ivanova.  The issue then should have been the show instead of whatever pride issues the two were dealing with and the same goes here.  I haven't watched NCIS in years, but I will be watching the last two of this season since they are losing two of the best characters. 

• Love 1
On 8.2.2018 at 7:57 PM, Sake614 said:

Hell, I've met Chihuahuas that will sooner rip your face off than be friendly. But no one talks about banning them!

Probably because Chihuahuas can't break some of your major bones with their jaws.  I don't hate dogs and I'm not afraid of them. I have done a lot of dog-sitting (including German Sheperds and other big  breeds) but I completely understand people not feeling safe around certain breeds. And since the dog has already injured someone I can also understand Perrette. Yeah, it was rough play and not the dog's fault but she's also not asking for the dog to be put down. Not quite sure why the dog has to be on-set for her scenes if she's not feeling comfortable around it. Surely some sort of compromise could have been found among co-workers. If this is really true (and I admit having a hard time believing it) it certainly puts a heavy damper on all the claims of friendship off-camera and it does give off 'Good Wife' vibes.

• Love 4
On 2/28/2018 at 2:59 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

It's clear CBS didn't learn shit from what happened with Margulies and Archie.

Eeek! I came here to see if I could make sure I knew when the Abby exit arc would start, and, boy howdy, this exit is being compared to The Good Wife issues?!!!! I've missed a lot:)

Regardless, to my original question, are there specific episodes that will end the Abby arc? I plan on recording the last couple, but want to make sure it won't be earlier, and I haven't seen anything here otherwise.  And Ducky is leaving? I missed that.  Damn, Ducky, I think I've missed you most of all.

Forgive me for barging in.  Watched for years, then didn't, but I always feel compelled to say farewell to characters I watched for so long. 

• Love 1

Good gravy - AGAIN with the "advanced age." we should all look so good at such an advanced age.

March 21, 2018

‘NCIS’ Season 15: Mark Harmon And Team To Bid Goodbye To Pauley Perrette Soon, Abby Sciuto Trapped In A Morgue

Nica Virtudazo

It remains unclear if fans should expect another installment after NCIS Season 15. CBS has not yet released any official statement about the future of the popular American police military procedural television series. Aside from Mark Harmon’s advanced age and allegedly complicated health, cancelation rumors continue to hound the show because of Pauley Perrette’s imminent departure.

Devoted viewers of the series were shocked after Pauley Perrette announced her plans to leave after NCIS Season 15, CBS News reported. In October of 2016, the television star shared the news via Twitter. The 48-year-old American actress also clarified that there was no drama involved in her decision. She even denied the rumors stating that she has bad blood with the network and the management:

“There has been all kinds of false stories as to why (NO I DON’T HAVE A SKIN CARE LINE AND NO MY NETWORK AND SHOW ARE NOT MAD AT ME!) It was a decision made last year. I hope everyone will love and enjoy EVERYTHING ABBY not only for the rest of this season but for everything she has given all of us for 16 years. All the love, all the laughter, all the inspiration…I love her as much as you do.”

In response to Pauley Perrette’s shocking revelation, CBS also released an official statement. The network emphasized how Pauley Perrette has become a valuable cast member of the series in the past 16 years. The network added that all the hard work of the NCIS actress would be treasured forever.

“While it’s never easy saying goodbye to a beloved actress and character, we respect her decision to leave at the end of the season. We are grateful to Pauley for all her contributions to the series and making Abby one of the most unique characters on television.”

NCIS Season 15 executive producers Frank Cardea and George Schenck also released a statement regarding Pauley Perrette’s decision to leave the series, Variety shared. The pair revealed that they are already planning for a “special sendoff” for her character, Abby Sciuto. Frank and George also expressed their gratefulness to the civil rights advocate for portraying Abby, who inspired millions of people around the globe for more than one and a half decades.

“From day one, she has brought incredible passion and specificity to the role. Abby is a character that inspires millions of fans around the world, and all of us at ‘NCIS’ are appreciative of Pauley for portraying her.”

Now that there are only a few episodes left before NCIS Season 15 finally comes to an end, it also means that Mark Harmon and the rest of the cast and crew would have a few days left to spend with Pauley Perrette. However, avid followers of the show remain clueless as to how Abby Sciuto will make her exit. CarterMatt suggested that Pauley’s character should not be killed or fired because the series is all about “optimism and heroism.”

The news outlet added that Abby Sciuto’s good relationship with her bosses, associates, and friends should be highlighted before NCIS Season 15 ends. Most fans know that Pauley Perrette’s character is very friendly and understanding, which is why it is never hard for her to be loved by many. If possible, the entertainment portal also suggested that they should make Abby a hero.

Meanwhile, CBS has dropped the teaser for the NCIS Season 15 Episode 18. In the promo, Abby Sciuto is seen lying down inside a morgue. While the character looked dead, CarterMatt shared that she might be doing an undercover mission.

9 minutes ago, betsyboo said:

Devoted viewers of the series were shocked after Pauley Perrette announced her plans to leave after NCIS Season 15, CBS News reported. In October of 2016, the television star shared the news via Twitter. The 48-year-old American actress also clarified that there was no drama involved in her decision. She even denied the rumors stating that she has bad blood with the network and the management:

Was it as early as Season 14 that she decided she wasn't going to return?  I mean, October 2016 was the beginning of the 14th season.  The second bolded: Uh-huh. SUUUUUUUURE. That's why we haven't seen any face to face scenes with Gibbs and Abby*

*I'm conceding that there is something there, but I'm Team Mark Harmon. Maybe Perrette decided that was her line in the sand and left. And I'm surprised if there is "bad blood," why no other entertainment outlets have tried to figure out what's going on.

10 minutes ago, betsyboo said:

In response to Pauley Perrette’s shocking revelation, CBS also released an official statement. The network emphasized how Pauley Perrette has become a valuable cast member of the series in the past 16 years. The network added that all the hard work of the NCIS actress would be treasured forever.

“While it’s never easy saying goodbye to a beloved actress and character, we respect her decision to leave at the end of the season. We are grateful to Pauley for all her contributions to the series and making Abby one of the most unique characters on television.”

NCIS Season 15 executive producers Frank Cardea and George Schenck also released a statement regarding Pauley Perrette’s decision to leave the series, Variety shared. The pair revealed that they are already planning for a “special sendoff” for her character, Abby Sciuto. Frank and George also expressed their gratefulness to the civil rights advocate for portraying Abby, who inspired millions of people around the globe for more than one and a half decades.

“From day one, she has brought incredible passion and specificity to the role. Abby is a character that inspires millions of fans around the world, and all of us at ‘NCIS’ are appreciative of Pauley for portraying her.”

Now that there are only a few episodes left before NCIS Season 15 finally comes to an end, it also means that Mark Harmon and the rest of the cast and crew would have a few days left to spend with Pauley Perrette. However, avid followers of the show remain clueless as to how Abby Sciuto will make her exit. CarterMatt suggested that Pauley’s character should not be killed or fired because the series is all about “optimism and heroism.”

The news outlet added that Abby Sciuto’s good relationship with her bosses, associates, and friends should be highlighted before NCIS Season 15 ends.

Uh, not this fan. This viewer from DAY ONE, nay, from the Back Door Pilot on JAG, wants to know what THE FUCK is up with Good Wifeing this show. At this point, I don't give any blue dilly FUCKS what or how her send off/last episode will be. At least on The Good Wife, Kalinda and Alicia were on the outs, more or less, which could explain, to an extent why they didn't share scenes, even THOUGH they had reconciled the previous season. And this was all Margulies' doing.

Gibbs and Abby didn't have a falling out. And in our current age of social media? Something more should have come out.

And just STOP IT with the "advanced age," you stupid jackass. You sound jealous that Mark Harmon looks so good! He's not pushing 80, so just STFU.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Gibbs and Abby didn't have a falling out. And in our current age of social media? Something more should have come out.

I'm of the opinion that other people's relationships are none of my business.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Katy M said:

When I stated that Gibbs and Abby didn't have a falling out--I meant the characters Gibbs and Abby. In show, they're not on the outs. And as for my last statement, when something is up, and takes me out of the episodes--like it's now happening, and all we have are rumors, and that this is the second time it's happening on the same network, then the show, or network needs to address it. Personally, I don't care if Harmon and Perrette now hate each other's guts. The lack of sharing screen is affecting my ability to enjoy the show, because Abby always calls for Gibbs; he ALWAYS has gone to her lab--given her Kaf-Pow, a kiss on the cheek when she came up with answers. And we've gotten NONE of that this season.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And just STOP IT with the "advanced age," you stupid jackass. You sound jealous that Mark Harmon looks so good! He's not pushing 80, so just STFU.

This! LOL.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Katy M said:

I agree, yet it becomes an issue (whether we want to or not) when said relationship affects their work.  That was the problem with the Good Wife where private problems wrecked havoc on the dynamic of one of the show's core-relationships. By now we all know that SJP and Kim Catrall were never best friends off-camera but as long as the show was running they were professional enough to keep their problems away from the job. It seems odd to me that something like this should happen on a show that's been running for so long but there you go. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Personally, I don't care if Harmon and Perrette now hate each other's guts. The lack of sharing screen is affecting my ability to enjoy the show, because Abby always calls for Gibbs; he ALWAYS has gone to her lab--given her Kaf-Pow, a kiss on the cheek when she came up with answers. And we've gotten NONE of that this season.

This. 1000% this. I don't care who is at fault, but they need to grow the fuck up and act professional.

• Love 16
On 3/31/2018 at 1:35 AM, pennben said:

Regardless, to my original question, are there specific episodes that will end the Abby arc? I plan on recording the last couple, but want to make sure it won't be earlier, and I haven't seen anything here otherwise.  And Ducky is leaving? I missed that.  Damn, Ducky, I think I've missed you most of all.

According to TV Line:

Perrette’s big, final episodes will air Tuesday, May 1 and Tuesday, May 8, ahead of the procedural’s Season 15 finale (on May 22).

• Love 2
14 hours ago, TheOtherOne said:

Perrette’s big, final episodes will air Tuesday, May 1 and Tuesday, May 8, ahead of the procedural’s Season 15 finale (on May 22).

No details were revealed on the nature of quirky Perrette character Abby Sciuto’s last scene, but Sean Murray, Brian Dietzen, Emily Wickersham and Wilmer Valderrama evidently are present, judging from the tweet.Deadline's post

Shorter version of same story, no additional photos of Abby with other characters.  Not much more

The absence of Gibbs is turning into a 21st century version of a key line in a Sherlock Holmes' mystery:

"But the dog didn't bark"

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 5:46 PM, rainsmom said:

This. 1000% this. I don't care who is at fault, but they need to grow the fuck up and act professional.

They are acting professionally. They have come up with a mutually agreed upon (I assume) arrangement where they don't have to shoot scenes together.

17 hours ago, Katy M said:

They are acting professionally. They have come up with a mutually agreed upon (I assume) arrangement where they don't have to shoot scenes together.

I disagree. If they were acting professionally, then we’d see both Gibbs and Abby interact together in scenes like they have in seasons past. I stated this as an example of actors who hated each other, but still sucked it up and did their jobs when the offscreen shenanigans were happening on The Good Wife. I learned years later they didn’t get along in real life-William Frawley and Vivian Vance; and to a lesser extent Vivian Vance and Lucille Ball, though the latter did become friends after I Love Lucy ended.

Since supposedly whatever is happening on the set is unacceptable to Perrette, I can only assume this is her way of completing her contract and still protesting-by refusing to share scenes with Mark Harmon. Since “apparently,” he is the one refusing to leave his pit bull behind.

CBS and the show runners denied anything was happening on the other show and looked like fools when it came out. So I guess they think the long time viewers of this show are stupid????? It would be different if Gibbs and Abby were acquaintances or barely interacted. But they’re not. And the show, for me, has suffered because of the way they’ve handled it. 

• Love 9

Yes, acting professionally looks different to me too. At least this time around nobody makes any big promises that we will see Gibbs and Abby together in her last episode (AFAIK). When the Good Wife show-runners did that and then it became painfully clear that we were served a split-screen scenario people's reactions weren't too kind. Stuff like that can taint a show's legacy. Here it's at least not going on for several seasons.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I disagree. If they were acting professionally, then we’d see both Gibbs and Abby interact together in scenes like they have in seasons past. I stated this as an example of actors who hated each other, but still sucked it up and did their jobs when the offscreen shenanigans were happening on The Good Wife. I learned years later they didn’t get along in real life-William Frawley and Vivian Vance; and to a lesser extent Vivian Vance and Lucille Ball, though the latter did become friends after I Love Lucy ended.

Since supposedly whatever is happening on the set is unacceptable to Perrette, I can only assume this is her way of completing her contract and still protesting-by refusing to share scenes with Mark Harmon. Since “apparently,” he is the one refusing to leave his pit bull behind.

CBS and the show runners denied anything was happening on the other show and looked like fools when it came out. So I guess they think the long time viewers of this show are stupid????? It would be different if Gibbs and Abby were acquaintances or barely interacted. But they’re not. And the show, for me, has suffered because of the way they’ve handled it. 

EXACTLY. Hollywood is full of stories of costars who didn't get along but still worked together. THAT is the professional thing to do.

Frankly, I'd have preferred they killed Abby off before they RUINED an on-screen relationship that fans loved. This season will be forever tainted. 

• Love 7
(edited)
21 hours ago, Katy M said:

Sorry, but nope.  Both of them know the history of this series.  They have spent 15 years creating it.  Don't try and tell me that these two characters who have been so loving to each other that the Abby/Gibbs relationship was at times parental now suddenly can't be in the same room together and everything's A-OK.  To act professionally means to honor the history of the characters that you play.  I don't know who's to blame, so I'm blaming both of them.  If they really can't stand each other now (for whatever reason), fine.  However, suck it up and deliver one or two scenes as Gibbs and Abby, not Mark and Pauley, and then Abby should have been written out if Pauley wanted to leave.  I would have preferred that to this awkward, ice-cold, out-of-character response that we've gotten with no storyline explanation so far that even comes close to making this make any sense. 

I agree with you that the personal details aren't my business, but if your job is an actor, you suddenly can't do your job because you and a castmate are at odds, and that ends up marring the backstory of a series, that IS my business as a fan.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 19
13 hours ago, Ohmo said:

Sorry, but nope.  Both of them know the history of this series.  They have spent 15 years creating it.  Don't try and tell me that these two characters who have been so loving to each other that the Abby/Gibbs relationship was at times parental now suddenly can't be in the same room together and everything's A-OK.  To act professionally means to honor the history of the characters that you play.  I don't know who's to blame, so I'm blaming both of them.  If they really can't stand each other now (for whatever reason), fine.  However, suck it up and deliver one or two scenes as Gibbs and Abby, not Mark and Pauley, and then Abby should have been written out if Pauley wanted to leave.  I would have preferred that to this awkward, ice-cold, out-of-character response that we've gotten with no storyline explanation so far that even comes close to making this make any sense. 

I agree with you that the personal details aren't my business, but if your job is an actor, you suddenly can't do your job because you and a castmate are at odds, and that ends up marring the backstory of a series, that IS my business as a fan.

I think you are confusing you getting what you want with people acting professionally. The people on the show have figured out how to write the series to their satisfaction without them having to be in the same room.  

• Love 1
On 4/6/2018 at 5:46 PM, rainsmom said:

Right?  Just get over it and be professional.  It's called acting for a reason.

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, pally said:

Show has been renewed for Season 16 and Mark Harmon has signed a new contract  Despite a drop in viewership, NCIS remains CBS's #1 drama.

Damn. Then what's the reason for Mark Harmon having such BAD HAIR all season? I hope he cuts it so it looks like it did during the first 13 seasons! Why yes, I can be shallow.

Unless he let it grow out like a bad Monkees wig because he was filming another project. Otherwise, there is NO EXCUSE.

Like I said, I can be shallow.

• Love 3
On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:58 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

You forgot Castle - there was a lot of acting there from what I understand.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Damn. Then what's the reason for Mark Harmon having such BAD HAIR all season? I hope he cuts it so it looks like it did during the first 13 seasons! Why yes, I can be shallow.

I'd settle for more smiles and more talking. Which also happened in the first 13 seasons, or at least the first three seasons. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

You forgot Castle - there was a lot of acting there from what I understand.

I didn’t watch that show.

1 hour ago, ForReal said:

I'd settle for more smiles and more talking. Which also happened in the first 13 seasons, or at least the first three seasons. 

He actually started smiling more in the past couple of seasons, after almost 10 years of not doing so.

• Love 1
On 4/13/2018 at 11:26 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I didn’t watch that show.

The stuff that went on there imploded the last season of the show and marked its history  It involved the two leads.  I think the current situation on NCIS will also be a mark against its history, but I don't think it's quite as explosive as Castle (unless new information comes to light.)  Castle became a raging dumpster fire.

• Love 2

9:36 PM - Apr 7, 2018 Pauley Perrette twitter @PauleyP:

Abby’s exit from #NCIS is in two parts. May 1 and May 8th. I worked really hard to give you my best. I really hope EVERYONE tunes in. Bless 

From next-episode.net:

15x21 May 01, 2018 "One Step Forward"

Sara Carter begs Gibbs to investigate her mother’s murder as she believes the local authorities convicted the wrong man. Also, Abby is awarded a dinner reservation for two to a brand-new five-star restaurant in an igloo and has to decide which coworker deserves to go with her.

15x22 May 08, 2018 "Two Steps Back"

Spoiler

"When evidence reveals an NCIS team member is a hit man’s latest target, the team must search through old case files to determine who is seeking vengeance."

Really......Abby goes into Witness Protection? That is her exit!

Edited by VinceW
4 hours ago, VinceW said:

9:36 PM - Apr 7, 2018 Pauley Perrette twitter @PauleyP:

Abby’s exit from #NCIS is in two parts. May 1 and May 8th. I worked really hard to give you my best. I really hope EVERYONE tunes in. Bless 

From next-episode.net:

May 01, 2018 "One Step Forward"

Sara Carter begs Gibbs to investigate her mother’s murder as she believes the local authorities convicted the wrong man. Also, Abby is awarded a dinner reservation for two to a brand-new five-star restaurant in an igloo and has to decide which coworker deserves to go with her.

Maybe she will take Gibbs:)

Why Perrette is leaving the show. A bunch of same old same old, nothing new, and no mention of the "reported" rumors, but this had me rolling my eyes:

As for why she wanted to leave, she said she had a feeling. "I believe in God and the universe so firmly, and i

t just suddenly became blindingly apparent that now was the time," she said. "After a lot of thought, I decided to announce it myself on Twitter because I didn't want it to be turned into anything "shocking." Abby leaving is more than a cheap TV ploy."

I mean, did she say in order for her to talk about her departure in vague terms, no questions about why she and Mark didn't share a single scene this season were allowed? A reporter worth his or her salt, would have asked about such a glaring issue. And the rumors about his pit bull attacking, biting, whatever.

• Love 6

NCIS star David McCallum has closed a deal to return to the CBS drama for Season 16, the actor shared on Facebook. McCallum, who plays Chief Medical Examiner Donald “Ducky” Mallard, will continue to have an alleviated workload, allowing him to spend time with his family, he wrote

TVLine

• Love 6

Hmmm. She says she "gave it all she had emotionally," so I guess she wakes up at least and doesn't just die in the hospital bed with everyone looking on while we watch flashbacks.

• Love 1

“Abby is more than a TV character to millions of people around the world, and especially to young women. She’s a role model. They dress like her, walk like her, talk like her" and some have pursued math and science careers because of her

From Abby's fate linked above. Dress like, walk like, talk like......piffle, not something to be particularly proud of.  The last part, though is important and by not maturing Abby on the series, that part pretty much (IMO) got set aside.  Early years Abby was a brilliant character, savy and smart.  And it IS interesting that we thank Bellisario for her creation. (and for adding his stepson as McGee).

Abby has stood out as a TV character from the beginning, as she was designed by NCIS creator Donald Bellisario to defy convention.

When Bellisario was forced out by Mark Harmon, was that when the character Abby started to be dumbed down?  I will always love her character the way it was first written.  Her resolution of her being kidnapped by her other stalker remains one of my favorite female on TV moments of all time.  That Abby, I shall miss.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, enoughcats said:

When Bellisario was forced out by Mark Harmon, was that when the character Abby started to be dumbed down?  I will always love her character the way it was first written.  Her resolution of her being kidnapped by her other stalker remains one of my favorite female on TV moments of all time.  That Abby, I shall miss.

No. He was still show runner when Abby started devolving--late season three and season four.

On 5/7/2018 at 1:13 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Pauley is being very ambivalent about Abby's Fate.

But this really has me rolling my eyes:

Can you say: Clip show?

At this point, I'd just assume we get it over with....whatever "it" turns out to be.  We can't get back what I want anyway---the months and months of wasted time and missing scenes that could have been used throughout the season to build up a send-off for Abby...moments with Gibbs, moments with McGee, a few with Ducky, and heck maybe even a few phone calls (one-sided) where Abby could have been talking to Tony.  Instead, we got none of that...just this awkward parade of everyone BUT Gibbs now coming to see Abby in the lab.  As sad as tonight might be, I think what's even sadder is how we ended up here and that a very popular dynamic is now non-existent.

• Like 1
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

I’m sorry, but some of these actors are really petty! Neither one of them could put aside their differences for one show? One scene? Blech. 

Get out of my head! I just posted this in the episode thread!

• Love 3