Type keyword(s) to search

NCIS In The Media

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, slf said:

This makes no sense to me. How can the reputation of someone specific be damaged if she hasn't named anyone? 

No one says "well, you can't believe accusations" because a woman said she was assaulted but didn't name someone. That's absurd. People don't believe women because of misogyny, plain and simple. False accusations are very, very rare, after all; it can't possibly be because of the unreliability and untrustworthiness of women.

She says in her tweets "HE did it!" Do you really think that people aren't going to assume she means MH after all the tabloid gossip about an issue between them and spending the whole season refusing to share scenes?

Apologies if this continues "speculation chatter". PP's tweets are what the media is reporting about the show right now, so I assumed the tweets and reaction to them are part of the NCIS in the Media topic? (different from speculation about what actually happened) Mods, let me know if I'm out of line.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, TheOtherOne said:

CBS Television Studios issues statement

“Pauley Perrette had a terrific run on NCIS and we are all going to miss her. Over a year ago, Pauley came to us with a workplace concern. We took the matter seriously and worked with her to find a resolution. We are committed to a safe work environment on all our shows.”

Pauley's latest tweet, which I'm presuming is in response to the CBS statement

I want to thank my studio and network CBS They have always been so good to me and always had my back.

Twitter

Right, I’m supposed to believe she’s been a victim (again) but won’t name names? We’ve already seen with Weinstein they’ll go against NDAs. Yet again, PP is a victim and yet again she can’t offer up anything but lip service.

• Love 3

You know, out of all this mess, I mostly blame Pauley...Sounds like she's the one who started it all over the dog being on set one friggin' day...Seems like someone should have sat her ass down & said 'either you come to work, do your scenes, be a professional without any special treatment OR we'll release you from your contract & you can go about your merry way & we'll find someone else'

Sorry if this makes no sense, it's late & I'm tired

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, NWFan2014 said:

You know, out of all this mess, I mostly blame Pauley...Sounds like she's the one who started it all over the dog being on set one friggin' day...Seems like someone should have sat her ass down & said 'either you come to work, do your scenes, be a professional without any special treatment OR we'll release you from your contract & you can go about your merry way & we'll find someone else'

Sorry if this makes no sense, it's late & I'm tired

I was under the impression that she wanted to leave more or less immediately but agreed to finish out the season, under the condition that she didn't have to work with Mark.  Seemed to have worked out well enough for everyone involved if people hadn't started complaining about it.  Probably should have tried to do a few scenes with split screens or whatever, so people would have had their "gibbs giving abby Kafpow" fixes that they seemed to need for whatever reason.

• Love 1
On 6/3/2018 at 7:02 PM, Katy M said:

I was under the impression that she wanted to leave more or less immediately but agreed to finish out the season, under the condition that she didn't have to work with Mark.  Seemed to have worked out well enough for everyone involved if people hadn't started complaining about it.  Probably should have tried to do a few scenes with split screens or whatever, so people would have had their "gibbs giving abby Kafpow" fixes that they seemed to need for whatever reason.

There’s been several shows the actors don’t get along with each other but still pretend for the good of the show. For years they’ve had this established father daughter bond, so excuse the fans for wanting the send off of that bond.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, thebigboot said:

There’s been several shows the actors don’t get along with each other but still pretend for the good of the show. For years they’ve had this established father daughter bond, so excuse the fans for wanting the send off of that bond.

From what I understand this wasn't a "getting along" issue, but a fear for safety issue.  No imaginary bond is worth an actress feeling afraid.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

From what I understand this wasn't a "getting along" issue, but a fear for safety issue.  No imaginary bond is worth an actress feeling afraid.

Here’s the problem, there has literally been nothing but assumptions. If it was a safety issue why would she even bother to come back? Should have quit right on the spot. So either she wasn’t really that afraid or she’s willing to put it aside for $$$.

• Love 3

well, IMHO if Pauley was THAT DAMNED afraid of the dog (even after Mark TRIED explaining it was just for ONE DAY) then she should have gone to the producers/whoever & asked to be released from her contract RIGHT THEN

But, noo she had to throw a hissy & make everyone else work around HER

I'm sorry but that's NOT COOL

• Love 3
1 minute ago, NWFan2014 said:

well, IMHO if Pauley was THAT DAMNED afraid of the dog (even after Mark TRIED explaining it was just for ONE DAY) then she should have gone to the producers/whoever & asked to be released from her contract RIGHT THEN

Why are you so angry about something that doesn't really affect your life, and which we most likely don't even know half the facts?

• Love 6

PP sounds like a nut job. CdP was treated like crap because she did not want to go past season 11 while Harmon/Glassbag were trying to move Weatherly out after season 11. They tried ramming contracts down her throat and basically had a gun to her head all June. In this case,  Harmon did not want a repeat disaster and tried hard to make PP happy on her way out. Yet she still acted that way. She is mental.

• Love 2
(edited)
31 minutes ago, thebigboot said:

Here’s the problem, there has literally been nothing but assumptions. If it was a safety issue why would she even bother to come back? Should have quit right on the spot. So either she wasn’t really that afraid or she’s willing to put it aside for $$$.

29 minutes ago, NWFan2014 said:

After she was done with the show, Pauley came out and stated she left the show, not because of the dog (though she never mentioned it being a factor), but because she was physically attacked But didn't state who it was. It was discussed in depth for a few days over in the Harvey Weinstein thread in Everything Else TV forum. CBS came out with a statement, and Pauley thanked them for it..

14 minutes ago, Donder said:

PP sounds like a nut job. CdP was treated like crap because she did not want to go past season 11 while Harmon/Glassbag were trying to move Weatherly out after season 11. They tried ramming contracts down her throat and basically had a gun to her head all June. In this case,  Harmon did not want a repeat disaster and tried hard to make PP happy on her way out. Yet she still acted that way. She is mental.

This is news to me. do you have a link or source?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

After she was done with the show, Pauley came out and stated she left the show, not because of the dog (though she never mentioned it being a factor), but because she was physically attacked But didn't state who it was. It was discussed in depth for a few days over in the Harvey Weinstein thread in Everything Else TV forum. CBS came out with a statement, and Pauley thanked them for it..

This is news to me. do you have a link or source?

Yeah yeah. Should have named the person, she’s not on NCIS any more so what harm could have come from it? And really, she so brave to stand up to her ex, and the two homeless people she had issues with but not with this. Again, it’s a lot of lip service.

• Love 2

I apologize if these were already posted, but I didn't see them above.

May 29, Fox News: 'NCIS' actress Pauley Perrette threatens the media: 'I will have you arrested'

Perrette, 49, tweeted on Friday: “Hey tabloids and ‘reporters,’ leave me alone I WILL have you arrested for trespassing on my property if I decide to talk, it’s on MY TERMS!”

June 1, Radar Online:  Peace Restored! ‘NCIS’ Set ‘Relaxed’ After Pauley Perrette’s Departure

“Now that she is gone everyone on set is much more relaxed,” a source told Radar. “From the actors to the crew members. It’s a nicer atmosphere now that everyone gets on with each other and there’s no bad blood between anyone.”  

“The physical assault she is referring to is apparently just referring to the dog,” the source said. “I know that Mark and no other lead actors were involved in any sort of physical violence on or off set.”

June 2, Celebrity Insider: Pauley Perrette Is Doing ‘Great’ After Leaving ‘NCIS’ Over Mark Harmon Feud Claims Her Dad

June 6, Twitter:

June 6, popculture.tv: Pauley Perrette Appears to Call out Report About ‘NCIS’ Set Relieved by Her Departure

• Love 3

I would actually take PP's version of events over these so called anonymous sources protecting the powers that be and putting her in a bad light.  Yes, she should probably name names, but hiding behind so called gossip sites is worse imo.

I like MH, but he does strike me as a control freak and someone who burns bridges when he feels slighted.  PP may well be similar, but she does seem warmer somehow. 

His scenes with MW in his last year seemed strained too, so I'm guessing he may just always have to have a whipping boy of some kind.  It doesn't mean he's a bad person, but when you have a lot of power it can make things very unbalanced.  Just my two cents.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, jerseyflower said:

I like MH, but he does strike me as a control freak and someone who burns bridges when he feels slighted. 

This reminded me of something. When Lauren Holly signed on to the show, there was this

Part of the fun is working with Harmon, whom she first met on the set of "Chicago Hope."

"We didn't get along at first" on "Hope," Holly says. "Some women were let go the season before, and three new women joined the cast for a season. Mark is a very loyal guy, and he'd be the first to tell you this wasn't right, but he had a little resentment toward me."

Holly was dreading it when Harmon was set to direct an episode of "Hope," but, by the end of that experience, the actors had become good friends.

"He had big input into me coming on the show," Holly says. "I was wary of coming back into that hour [drama] world, and to join a show that's already on -- you never know the temperament of the set. You better love working there, because I can't tell you how depressing it can get if you don't."

• Love 3
18 hours ago, betsyboo said:

Perrette, 49, tweeted on Friday: “Hey tabloids and ‘reporters,’ leave me alone I WILL have you arrested for trespassing on my property if I decide to talk, it’s on MY TERMS!”

I'm not taking sides on the MH/PP fight, but I have to say good for her on this.  There's no reason to bug celebrities and stalk them and lurk in front of their houses.  They're people, too, and deserve at least a little bit of privacy. It's not like you're trying to catch them committing a crime or anything important like that.

• Love 6
On 6/6/2018 at 10:09 PM, thebigboot said:

Yeah yeah. Should have named the person, she’s not on NCIS any more so what harm could have come from it? 

She has made mention of her crew and her people. It made me wonder if by naming the person, other people could be affected. Then I wondered "How?"

Well... if the offending person was someone key to the run of the show, then it might lead to cancellation if media and public pressure led to firing that person . That would cost a bunch of people their jobs. When she says "multiple" physical assaults, it could be that she is referring to OTHER people who have confiding in her about their own experiences with some person. To be more specific about who, when, and what would be a choice that those people should make, not her. Although she isn't specific, the ONLY change in the show was that she never appeared with Harmon. So either he personally or his dog is the issue. Or someone else behind the scenes that we don't see and Harmon stood up for them. But that seems unlikely because if it was a random crew member, they would fire that person before losing Abby. It has to be either Harmon or a producer-type (or somehow both)

Unless the dog actually assaulted her more than once (and we've read nothing to indicate that it EVER did) it seems like she isn't talking about the dog just being there on set since she claims multiple physical assaults. Maybe the dog assaulted more than just that one crew member.

Or maybe she is a rabble rouser. It's really hard to say. The "inside sources" might be using gossip media because the showrunners know that Abby was hugely popular and making a formal statement that she is nuts will hurt the show, even if that is the truth. It could be that there IS something hinky going on and she can't speak about it for the reasons above.

My guess is that we will never know now. She has left the show and media coverage will die down by next season. It pretty much already has. I would think if Harmon was abusive in any way, other people over the course of his long career would be coming out with it after all this hoopla, unless nobody wants to be the first to go out on a limb. If they can bring down Harvey Weinstein, ANYONE can be brought down.

I know I'm glad to see Abby as a character gone. I didn't enjoy the character's (backwards) development. I've been watching early season re-runs on cable from the Kate days and Abby was a completely different character played by the same actress. Barely recognizable.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, slothgirl said:

I would think if Harmon was abusive in any way, other people over the course of his long career would be coming out with it after all this hoopla, unless nobody wants to be the first to go out on a limb. If they can bring down Harvey Weinstein, ANYONE can be brought down.

I know I'm glad to see Abby as a character gone. I didn't enjoy the character's (backwards) development. I've been watching early season re-runs on cable from the Kate days and Abby was a completely different character played by the same actress. Barely recognizable.

I totally agree with all of this...If Harmon was abusive in any way, shape or form, SOMEONE would have said something or people would refuse to work/deal with him...This is not Mandy Patinkin we're talking about here..

Personally, I think it's telling that an article came out about how relaxed everything/everyone was on set after PP was gone...Seems to me the common denominator was her..

Abby was the one character I could take or leave, same for Reid on Criminal Minds

#TallyHo Season 16

off and onward

• Love 2
On 6/9/2018 at 12:52 PM, slothgirl said:

I've been watching early season re-runs on cable from the Kate days and Abby was a completely different character played by the same actress. Barely recognizable.

I've been watching episodes from the Kate days, too, and it's more striking than I recalled -- her voice is much deeper and her manner is much more cool. She is more flirtatious with McGee and Tony, and there's no wide-eyed girly bounce to her. I think I like her best somewhere in between.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, ForReal said:

I've been watching episodes from the Kate days, too, and it's more striking than I recalled -- her voice is much deeper and her manner is much more cool. She is more flirtatious with McGee and Tony, and there's no wide-eyed girly bounce to her. I think I like her best somewhere in between.

Not me... I like Original Recipe Abby. The girlyness always bugged me. She was cool-quirky and then she just became infantile snowflake quirky.

On the other hand, Kate bugs me more than I remember. For someone who was in a top position in an extremely male industry (secret service agent guarding POTUS) she certainly does let Tony get under her skin. How on earth did she get through SS training and work her way up to the top of the ladder in that agency?

Edited by slothgirl
  • Love 6

Regardless of what one thinks of her or what she said, she does have the right to privacy.  I don't blame her for getting upset that people are trespassing on her property.

I would get pizzed off about that as well.

• Love 6

Disappointed with Diona R.  I was hoping they would go away from the "quirky" scientist that most of the shows have copied.   It would be nice to see someone like Ducky.  Smart, funny a teacher and still a doctor.  Instead we get a cookie cutter of the standard scientist.  

No problems with the actress, just how they maintained the character

• Love 4

Jimmy was, I thought, carrying the quirky second string into this decade.  'Cause he still can't summon gravitas on demand.

And....Bull no longer follows, but is relegated to last slot Monday nights. (Not saying Mark Harmon's reputed disagreements with M. Weatherby caused it, but.........)

I really wish Abby's replacement were written to have great depth of knowledge.  Just working with Ducky in writing his book doesn't give her the ability with machine calibration, life intuition, etc. that I wish had come with the new person.  I think the writers have let us down, or I'm sure the writers have let me down.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, enoughcats said:

I really wish Abby's replacement were written to have great depth of knowledge.  Just working with Ducky in writing his book doesn't give her the ability with machine calibration, life intuition, etc. that I wish had come with the new person.  I think the writers have let us down, or I'm sure the writers have let me down.

Very good point.  Abby was never a favourite of mine but I could buy that she had all that knowledge and experience.  But isn't Kasie supposed to be just out of grad school?

4 hours ago, enoughcats said:

Jimmy was, I thought, carrying the quirky second string into this decade.  'Cause he still can't summon gravitas on demand.

And....Bull no longer follows, but is relegated to last slot Monday nights. (Not saying Mark Harmon's reputed disagreements with M. Weatherby caused it, but.........)

NCIS is still the world's #1 watched drama - CBS needs that 9:00 spot to introduce a new show.  Bull has performed well, but it's time to let him run on his own.  

• Love 1
16 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

CBS needs that 9:00 spot to introduce a new show.

And the 9 spot is supposed to provide a healthy lead in to the 10spot which is Mark Harmon's NCIS NOLA.  NOLA hasn't been moved to another night, possibly because TPTB know that it doesn't have the following that the other NCISes have?  

The numbers and demographics are going to be the most interesting thing about these shows this fall unless the writers up their game significantly.

3 hours ago, enoughcats said:

And the 9 spot is supposed to provide a healthy lead in to the 10spot which is Mark Harmon's NCIS NOLA.  NOLA hasn't been moved to another night, possibly because TPTB know that it doesn't have the following that the other NCISes have?  

The numbers and demographics are going to be the most interesting thing about these shows this fall unless the writers up their game significantly.

I like them all - I would have watched NCIS: Red if that would have been picked up.

On 7/21/2018 at 1:08 PM, enoughcats said:

21 hours ago, Trey said:

Very good point.  Abby was never a favourite of mine but I could buy that she had all that knowledge and experience.  But isn't Kasie supposed to be just out of grad school?

It always bugged me that the entire NCIS agency home office only had one pathologist and one forensic scientist. The only way they got away with that is that their pathologist always had an assistant, and their one scientist was world class (it's hard to find someone of that caliber, although even having someone like that should have meant that she was head of a department, but they handwaved that with all the shenanigans of people brought to assist.)

If they are going to be hiring someone fresh out of grad school, or even someone with only a few years experience I can't suspend my disbelief that there's only one person. Kasie should be working under an older more experienced scientist at this stage... not being the sole forensic person at the entire f'in agency.

We'll just ignore the fact that there should be a team of crime scene forensic personnel gathering evidence at crime scenes, not just the detectives dealing with it and taking it to Abby.

• Love 5
On 7/22/2018 at 1:19 PM, scorpio1031 said:
On 7/22/2018 at 10:15 AM, enoughcats said:

I like them all - I would have watched NCIS: Red if that would have been picked up.

You have something in common with the current Prime Minister of England Teresa May who says she watches boxed sets of NCIS (and reads cook books) to relax  Link

17 minutes ago, enoughcats said:

You have something in common with the current Prime Minister of England Teresa May who says she watches boxed sets of NCIS (and reads cook books) to relax  Link

How funny - I started watching British murder mysteries to relax:)

• Love 3
On 12/15/2018 at 3:29 PM, scorpio1031 said:

The Pauley alleged issue was with Harmon and not about sexual misconduct. Of course, the show execs did not respond to her concerns, but she is supporting a friend which is not surprising. Alexander had issues with the show producer which would not keep her from giving support to Weatherly as well. 

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, thebigboot said:

Still don’t know why she won’t give up any names though...

She said she endured multiple physical assaults and bullying.  She also thanked CBS for having her back.  I can see thanking them if they helped with Mark Harmon and the dog situation, but not if the other happened.  

3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

She said she endured multiple physical assaults and bullying.  She also thanked CBS for having her back.  I can see thanking them if they helped with Mark Harmon and the dog situation, but not if the other happened.  

Truthfully? I don't believe her apology any more than I believe her accusations. I'm sorry, you spent tweet after tweet slamming the studio and it's employees, implying all these horrible things that happened and after people start going WTF she goes "Thank you!" Nope, sorry. This is almost as good as her I was assaulted by the homeless man and after he laid me out on the ground no one came to help me but a dog licked my face.

So basically, everything CBS has ever said about being dedicated to a safe working environment is total bullshit. They have men using their leading status to make the sets uncomfortable and potentially dangerous with female costars seemingly taking the brunt of it. Dushku would've known that once she fought back her career in tv, at least, was probably over. Good for her for doing it anyway. I can see why Pauley's statements have been a little scattershot, knowing what we do now about how CBS handles complaints (bullying, manipulation, lies/smear tactics, etc.).

Edited by slf
  • Love 4
On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:53 PM, slf said:

So basically, everything CBS has ever said about being dedicated to a safe working environment is total bullshit. They have men using their leading status to make the sets uncomfortable and potentially dangerous with female costars seemingly taking the brunt of it. Dushku would've known that once she fought back her career in tv, at least, was probably over. Good for her for doing it anyway. I can see why Pauley's statements have been a little scattershot, knowing what we do now about how CBS handles complaints (bullying, manipulation, lies/smear tactics, etc.).

Well, when the chief compliance officer doesn't recognize sexual harassment on videotapes that he turns over to the lawyer for the other side...….then yeah, there is definitely a problem.  What still surprises me is what happened with the dog, if that is all true.  Mark Harmon was always a role model for professionalism on the set.  But who knows...…... 

• Love 1
On 12/24/2018 at 7:53 PM, slf said:

Which is why I've said she needs to name names. She doesn't work for CBS anymore, it's not like they could punish her. So instead of making sure these people are held accountable as we're seeing with so many other cases we just have to sit here and cheer vague statements.