Type keyword(s) to search

NCIS In The Media

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

On 3/6/2023 at 7:02 PM, Poohpoohpooh said:

https://deadline.com/2023/03/bryan-cogman-showrunner-writer-reimagined-disney-plus-zorro-series-1235278548/

I really hope valderrama leaves NCIS and takes his low-energy monotone with him. The writers have had to burn 3 episodes per season on "uh, we gotta make wilmer look bad ass. Maybe we should send him undercover... Or in danger? Or undercover in danger?".

His episodes are dead weight and suck time away from the better-acted characters.

Yeah, I was thinking we'd see less of him this season after his Zorro project was announced in 2021. Here's to hoping for the next season.

In other news, I stumbled upon the Facebook Page of Friends of Big Bear Valley a few weeks ago. They have a video camera directed at a nest of two bald eagles that live in the area and post video segments of the live feed and really informative posts. And the post from March 6th included the information that the two eagles are going to be on the next NCIS episode. 🦅

ETA: I wonder if Parker will be eagle-watching or if they'll be featured in another capacity. 

And interesting that they chose to include footage of the California eagles and not the DC ones. They have a life feed as well as far as I know.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
14 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

And interesting that they chose to include footage of the California eagles and not the DC ones. They have a life feed as well as far as I know.

Yay eagles! The promo for the next one airing 3/13 is about biotoxins (again), and it looks pretty intense. Will be interesting how they tie in the eagles cam.

I think they'd need 4 core NCIS agents to split up all the scenes, so valderrama couldn't just show up less, I don't think. Tbh he's quite easily replaceable. Cast for any younger, athletic "hunk"... clear diction would be a bonus.

Edited by Poohpoohpooh
2 video links, can't delete duplicate
  • Like 1

‘NCIS’ Oral History as Show Turns 20: Cast Exits, Surprise Success and Tackling Politics
The CBS hit's creative minds open up about losing Mark Harmon, Pauley Perrette and others; the tough casting process (Harrison Ford as Gibbs?); and finding its audience after a slow start: "A streaming show would never go 21 years."
BY RYAN GAJEWSKI    SEPTEMBER 22, 2023
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-features/ncis-oral-history-cbs-1235593222/ 

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

To me McCallum with always be the best Man From UNCLE, (I’m not that old, they repeated it as a classic show when I was a kid). That show and the three main characters were so cute. It was just magic, especially for kids.

Anyway, I’m so sad to see Ducky go, as well. McCallum always had serious charisma (it wasn’t really ever looks that made him special, it was always a certain attitude) and he really did carry every role he did off with such panache.

• Like 9
  • Love 2

RIP Ducky. Just learned of David McCallum's death as I'm watching Yankee White. How young they all look. It'll be interesting how they handle his death on the show.

There was an in memoriam to David McCallum at the end of Yankee White.

Edited by chicagofan
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, anna0852 said:

Oh no! To be honest, I give up watching the show like 10 years ago, but if they decide to have a good funeral for Ducky, I would tune back in for that one.

I suspect on such an episode, there would be some familiar faces appearing.  Gibbs for sure, given their history, maybe DiNozzo (and Ziva?)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Oh that is so sad. I didn't know until I read it here, while watching the reruns.

One of the articles mentioned a dedication card to David McCallum would be added, but Yankee White just finished and I didn't see one.

I do hope they do a memorial episode.

• Like 1
Just now, transitfan said:

I suspect on such an episode, there would be some familiar faces appearing.  Gibbs for sure, given their history, maybe DiNozzo (and Ziva?)

Forgot to mention, Abby, maybe Eleanor

Edited by transitfan
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, chicagofan said:

RIP Ducky. Just learned of David McCallum's death as I'm watching Yankee White. How young they all look. It'll be interesting how they handle his death on the show.

I hope they'll address it and don't just do an "in memorian" at the end of an episode. But they did address the death of the actor who played Gibbs' father (name escapes me right now), so I expect they'll do something on the show. It would also be quite disrespectful to the characters of McGee, Palmer and Vance if they didn't.

• Like 2

I was just reading an online article about the 20th anniversary of NCIS, and they mentioned David was 90 years old so just did a few video segments recently. I was thinking "Wow I didn't realize he was that old. Good on him!".  That was the 23rd. And here today I read he just passed. I am heartbroken he was such a great character on the show and in everything else he did.

RIP dear Ducky! 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Lebanna said:

Anyway, I’m so sad to see Ducky go, as well. McCallum always had serious charisma (it wasn’t really ever looks that made him special, it was always a certain attitude) and he really did carry every role he did off with such panache.

He will definitely be missed for his quality of acting, along with his longevity!

• Like 3
On 9/25/2023 at 6:58 PM, Magnumfangirl said:

I quit the show when Mark left, but I'm bummed about the Duck man.  The Ducky-centric episodes were always the best and I still think they should do a Ducky prequel instead of all these new location spinoffs.  

yes, Yes, YES!!!!! Ducky in London, or even better, young ducky and Gibbs in the early days

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I stopped watching the show when Ziva left, except for here and there, but one of my all time favorite characters is Ducky. LOVED him! So intelligent, loving, endearing, forthright, funny... I was surprised and saddened to hear of his passing, but he left a fine legacy of work and I have read he has equally in his life.

RIP dear Ducky!

• Like 5

NCIS’ David McCallum Tribute Episode: Get Date, Plot Details (Exclusive)
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   DECEMBER 19, 2023
https://tvline.com/news/ncis-address-david-mccallum-death-season-21-1235101221/ 

TVLine can exclusively report that the second episode of the new NCIS season will address McCallum’s passing and serve as a tribute to his beloved character, chief medical examiner-turned-NCIS Historian Dr. Donald “Ducky” Mallard.

Quite fittingly, longtime cast member Brian Dietzen — who since Season 1 has played Ducky’s protege, Dr. Jimmy Palmer — is co-writer on the episode, with executive producer Scott Williams.

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

More on the prequel...

NCIS: Origins Spinoff Casting: Here Are 11 Picks to Play a Young Gibbs
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   JANUARY 13, 2024
https://tvline.com/lists/ncis-spinoff-prequel-young-gibbs-casting/

Ordered to series earlier this month, NCIS: Origins will be set in the year 1991 and pick up with Leroy Jethro Gibbs as a “newly minted Special Agent at the fledgling NCIS Camp Pendleton office where he forges his place on a gritty, ragtag team led by NCIS legend Mike Franks.” TVLine has also learned that producers will be introducing a young version of Special Agent Vera Strickland, Franks’ onetime partner played by Roma Maffia in a Season 11 NCIS episode.
And while Sean Harmon (Mark’s son) over the years has played a younger Gibbs in seven total NCIS episodes via “flashbacks,” he is focusing on his first EP gig. (We repeat, Sean Harmon will not be playing Gibbs.) A new actor is thus being sought to play Jethro on NCIS: Origins. Specifically, sources tell TVLine the spinoff is looking for an actor in his mid-30s, who ideally has blue eyes (like Mark Harmon).

• Like 1
(edited)

Thoughts: I do wish that Sean would play Gibbs. The stories would fit together better. Then the young Ducky and others would have to play also.  It is nice that Mark will narrate. Will they have JAG members in the storyline also? Will they have Gibbs dad played also? 

Edited by webruce
Added thoughts.
On 1/15/2024 at 10:05 AM, webruce said:

Will they have JAG members in the storyline also?

Looking for Lieutenant Rabb and/or Captain MacKenzie or just that In the criminal justice system, the government is represented by two separate yet equally important groups. The agents who investigate crime and the JAG officers who prosecute the offenders. These are their stories

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
(edited)

Amy Reisenbach On CBS Switching To Long-Term Development With No Pilots This Season, Launching 2023-24 Lineup With Super Bowl & ‘NCIS’ Future
By Nellie Andreeva   January 31, 2024
https://deadline.com/2024/01/cbs-2024-2025-tv-season-plans-super-bowl-ncis-1235808963/ 

REISENBACH: If the right project comes up, absolutely. We’re thrilled with the success of NCIS: Sydney. I think it’s been wonderful to have these franchise extensions; they’re each its own unique property. NCIS: Origins is really different than any of the other NCIS‘s; it makes me feel so old to say it’s period when it’s set in the 90s, kill me now, right?

It’s a little edgier and grittier than previous NCIS‘s, it’s got a serialized element of it that we’re really excited about. And whereas I would say NCIS: Sydney too really had its own identity, it was very uniquely Australian and told stories that can only be told in Australia, so I feel like they’re both opportunities to gain new audiences while also being true to the DNA and loyal fan base of those shows.
DEADLINE: In terms of NCIS, how long do you think the mothership can go? It is the longest-running CBS scripted series at 20 seasons.

REISENBACH: I don’t see it slowing down anytime soon. It’s a fantastic cast with a fantastic writing staff that’s been there a really long time. They’re just as reenergized today as they were as when I started on the show in Season 8 [as current executive].
So, as long as they want to keep it going, we’re thrilled to be on the NCIS train. Gary [Cole] and Wilmer [Valderrama] and Sean [Murray] and Katrina [Law], all of them, they love doing the show. So we hope to continue on for quite a while.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on NCIS, Fire Country, The Rookie, The Way Home, The Ones Who Live and More!
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   FEBRUARY 7, 2024
https://tvline.com/lists/ncis-season-21-spoilers-jimmy-jessica-romance-mcgee-family/ 

What’s coming up for McGee on NCIS? –Natalie

Spoiler

What’s coming up is a shaking of his family tree. “All of our characters on NCIS know that family is more important than anything,” co-showrunners Steven D. Binder and David North tell TVLine. “But after McGee takes a genealogy DNA test, he’s shocked to find out he has more family than he realized.”

I’ll take any NCIS scoop you can give me, but I’m especially interested in what plans they have for Jimmy and Jess! –MC

Spoiler

Akin to McGee dealing with the above, “Knight has her own special family drama to deal with when her father shows up during a case and has some ideas what his daughter should be doing with her life,” Binder and North shared with me. “And, of course, there’s poor Jimmy Palmer, stuck exactly where nobody would ever want to be: aka in the middle of a Knight family feud.” Bonus scoop! I can in turn exclusively report that Russell Wong (Westworld, The Oath) will play Jess’ dad in that storyline. Bonus bonus scoop: Oh, I almost forgot to tease that #KnightInShiningPalmer dabble in a tiny bit of (ahem) “role play” in the season premiere.

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 2

NCIS Says Farewell to Ducky: Who Returned for David McCallum Tribute? — Plus, Grade the Episode
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   FEBRUARY 19, 2024
https://tvline.com/recaps/ncis-tony-returns-michael-weatherly-ducky-death-episode-david-mccallum-1235169177/

Where in the World Is Gibbs? NCIS Finally Offers an Update
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   FEBRUARY 19, 2024
https://tvline.com/news/ncis-did-gibbs-return-ducky-funeral-episode-mark-harmon-1235170815/

NCIS: See BTS Photos From Ducky Tribute’s Surprise Guest
BY MICHAEL AUSIELLO   FEBRUARY 20, 2024
https://tvline.com/news/michael-weatherly-return-ncis-behind-the-scenes-1235170977/

NCIS: CASE CLOSED Aftershow: Brian Dietzen talks writing the David McCallum tribute | TV Insider
TV Insider   Feb 20, 2024

• Like 2

The NCIS Franchise’s 1,000th (!) Episode: What’s It About, and When Will It Air?
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   FEBRUARY 21, 2024
https://tvline.com/lists/ncis-franchise-1000th-episode-date-spoilers-casting-news/

NCIS Video: Katrina Law, Brian Dietzen Warn of a Confession and ‘Bumps’ Ahead for Jessica/Jimmy
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   FEBRUARY 21, 2024 
https://tvline.com/interviews/ncis-jimmy-jessica-romance-preview-season-21-katrina-law-brian-dietzen-1235171981/

(edited)

NCIS Producers on Tony Cameo, Why It Wasn't Gibbs for Ducky Tribute
TVLine   Feb 23, 2024

NCIS EPs Talk Surprise Cameo, Why It Wasn’t Mark Harmon: ‘We’re Not Going to Bring Him Back for 2 Minutes’
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   FEBRUARY 23, 2024
https://tvline.com/interviews/ncis-why-mark-harmon-gibbs-missing-ducky-funeral-episode-1235173292/ 

Speaking with TVLine at a Jan. 19 event celebrating 1,000 total NCIS franchise episodes (in the video above), co-showrunner Steven D. Binder shared, “In a perfect world, what we first imagined was what the Marvel Cinematic Universe did when Tony Stark died…. Our original thought was, ‘Can we get everybody?'”

But having “everybody” of pertinence from NCIS‘ past quickly proved itself to be above and beyond the TV series’ non-MCU budget; additionally, actor availability and scheduling issues would have been insurmountable, the EPs explained.

Abandoning that Endgame notion, Binder said, “We gave a lot of thought to who Ducky is connected to most, which on one level would be Gibbs,” last played by exec producer Mark Harmon more than two years ago. “But it was Jimmy who was there, so it was [about] who Jimmy would connect with, and also bring some levity… and that was Michael Weatherly,” reprising his role as former team member Tony DiNozzo. “It’s really a no-brainer.”
But if you don’t bring Harmon back for an episode celebrating an esteemed fellow original cast member, when does he return?

“Of course the door is always open,” said Binder. But, the EP pointed out, “When we bring him back, we’re not going to bring him back for two minutes” a la Weatherly’s cameo. “It’s got to be something special.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, tv echo said:

NCIS Producers on Tony Cameo, Why It Wasn't Gibbs for Ducky Tribute
TVLine   Feb 23, 2024

“Of course the door is always open,” said Binder. But, the EP pointed out, “When we bring him back, we’re not going to bring him back for two minutes” a la Weatherly’s cameo. “It’s got to be something special.”

_________________________________________________________________________________________

That statement is just a bunch of BS to me.  What could be more special to Gibbs (or the show) than attending Ducky's funeral.  Plus, by mentioning that Weatherly's cameo was for two minutes, it sounds like Harmon could not be bothered to take just 2 minutes of his time for his appearance.  It sounds like a put down of Tony's character. 

As others have stated also, just a final shot of a woman dressed in black holding a black parasol standing next to a silver haired man would have satisfied most of us.  They did not necessarily need Harmon to actually appear.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
4 minutes ago, freeser said:

As others have stated also, just a final shot of a woman dressed in black holding a black parasol standing next to a silver haired man would have satisfied most of us.  They did not necessarily need Harmon to actually appear.

Or even the trope of the one time scout sniper viewing from a distance as everybody else around pretends to see nothing during that temporary amnesty period.

• Like 1

Matt’s Inside Line: Get Scoop on NCIS, Criminal Minds, Ghosts, All American, The Rookie, Lopez vs. Lopez and More!
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   FEBRUARY 26, 2024
https://tvline.com/lists/criminal-minds-season-17-spoilers-time-jump-prentiss-struggling/ 

Spoiler

What does NCIS have in store for Parker this year? –Mink
Akin to how Parker once went undercover as a lawyer, soon he “may possibly have to perform a surgery,” co-showrunner David North told me at the NCIS franchise’s 1,000th episode party. Added co-showrunner Steven D. Binder, “Gary Cole is an incredibly funny actor, and he hasn’t had a lot of opportunities to expose his comedic chops [on NCIS], so were hoping to do that.” North then noted that longtime producer Mark Horowitz opined that “Gibbs is the father figure of the team, but Parker is the crazy uncle, so we want to let Gary spread his wings.”

Can we expect any special visits to NCIS this season? –JVH
Visitors don’t get much more special than this: It turns out the E.T. I spotted on-set last week is for NCIS, specifically the April 1 episode.

• Like 1

^Parker gets 1 episode, like everyone else who... Can't anchor the show.

If this 10-episode season was a Gibbs one, he'd have at least 4 about him:

- a dead child= angy.

- Connecting with another victim= angy to solve the case.

- Angy about animal abuse= angy.

- And 1 more.

At this point, just use the potted plant in Vance's office as Gary Cole's stand-in.

1 hour ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

A #Tiva spinoff...

I used to be. a huge Tony/Ziva shipper but I’m not sure if I want this.   On the plus side at least Cote would be working.  

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, partofme said:

I used to be. a huge Tony/Ziva shipper but I’m not sure if I want this.   On the plus side at least Cote would be working.  

Am not their shipper, so I won't be watching. It's amazing that MW still getting new gigs despite all the claims/allegations about his behavior on set.

• Like 2