Type keyword(s) to search

NCIS In The Media

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

of all the characters to bring back -- again, it's Ziva.  The only episodes of this series that I have never watched and skipped on purpose were the ones that brought Ziva back.  I thought the invention of this miscellaneous child was a cop out and lazy way to write DiNozzo out of the show.  Not a fan of the character and hated this forced pairing so I'll probably be skipping this.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
7 hours ago, chessiegal said:

Since they killed Ziva in the OS, I'm interested to see what the time frame is. Disclosure - I'm a Ziva fan., and a Tony fan. Don't judge.

Didn't you hear?  She got better.

• LOL 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, chessiegal said:

Since they killed Ziva in the OS, I'm interested to see what the time frame is. Disclosure - I'm a Ziva fan., and a Tony fan. Don't judge.

22 minutes ago, Ceindreadh said:

Didn't you hear?  She got better.

She wasn’t dead dead-only mostly dead 

Edited by chitowngirl
  • LOL 3

They brought her back a while ago but only Gibbs and Bishop knew.   Ziva is my all-time favorite female character and I used to ship Tiva hard so I’m torn on this, it just feels like something that would have been relevant ten years ago.  

• Like 1
(edited)

Ziva will always be a favorite of mine, but I got really tired of Tony's juvenile behavior. Especially his bad behavior towards Tim.  He came across to me like a "dog in heat" around every pretty woman and often his female co-workers too. Frankly I was glad to see him go. 

I might watch it once to see how it is written and if Tony has finally grown up. But it only gets once chance to make me a viewer.

Edited by Gramto6
added on to post
  • Like 2

Paramount/CEO execs get paid 7-figs, and their solution is to... Double-down (no, triple-down) on NCIS and new spinoffs. They figure Tivah fans might skew 40ish yo, as opposed to ncis viewers who skew older(?)

At least NCIS OG's renewal is now rock-solid guaranteed for the 2024-2025 season (to cross-promote the spinoffs), so I get a few more droplets of Parker lore.

This Tivah show will film in Europe, not L.A like ncis og. So, I don't think cote and weatherly will cameo on OG again. Fine with me, as Gary Cole doesn't get enough good material, as it is.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, mammaM said:

I want to be able to "thumbs down" this. He in no way reminds me of young old or in between Gibbs. I still wish they did a young ducky show, that casting was perfect

I would wait for other photos. That headshot just doesn't scream just retired   Gunnery Sergeant from the Marine Corps

• Like 2
5 hours ago, mammaM said:

I want to be able to "thumbs down" this. He in no way reminds me of young old or in between Gibbs. I still wish they did a young ducky show, that casting was perfect

I was hoping for Lucas Till but he's quite busy...

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

I was hoping for Lucas Till but he's quite busy...

Can Lucas Till convincingly age up to the late 30s of a retired service member?

• Like 1

Is Till busy nowadays? I found him ok, but smirks too much. And CBS can't give a second famous, re-imagined role to the same actor. The public will think "wtf? Are there only 10 actors in CBS's pocket?"

I won't watch Young Gibbs, so idc. Guy is gorgeous. Maybe in a more pretty-boy way than Ncis-era Harmon. Guy has a bigger chin, to nitpick.

I wonder if expensive NCIS Hawaii will get cancelled... Because Young Gibbs show has to follow directly after NCIS...

(edited)

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Grey’s, Station 19, FBI, NCIS, Ghosts, The Way Home, CSI, All American and More!
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   MARCH 6, 2024 
https://tvline.com/lists/greys-anatomy-spoilers-ellen-pompeo-status-episodes-season-20/

Do you have more news on upcoming episodes of NCIS? –BK

Spoiler

During my recent set visit (for the franchise’s 1,000th episode), co-showrunner Steven D. Binder teased, “Every 200 episodes, we like to put somebody on a horse. So we’re going to be doing that.” Bonus scoop: For those wanting a bit more on the “alien” episode (airing April 1, natch) that I teased last week, Binder specifically told me, “We have an episode where the team finds something that appears out-of-this-world.”

Edited by tv echo

I'm surprised to hear there is a Tony/Ziva spinoff series being made. I was under the impression neither MW or CDP was into revisiting either character anytime soon.

It would be interesting to see because there has been no onscreen reunion of Tony/Ziva since "Past, Present, and Future". I imagine a coupled Ziva/Tony to be...well, not that much unlike how things were before that. I guess things depend on how they're written, or what types of things they find themselves involved with. If it's writen like most Tiva fanfiction, then it will be awful. But I don't think either Micheal or Cote would get involved if that were the case..

• Like 1
(edited)

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on NCIS, Ghosts, FBI: Most Wanted, Grey’s, TWD, Chicago P.D., Station 19 and More!
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   MARCH 14, 2024
https://tvline.com/lists/ncis-director-vance-son-jared-recast-episode-1000/ 

Are there any teasers for the 1,000th and 1,001st episodes of the NCIS-verse aka the NCIS and NCIS: Hawai’i episodes? –Teags

Spoiler

Regarding the actual 1,000th episode of the NCIS franchise, I can exclusively report that Director Leon Vance’s son will figure into the “personal” crisis at hand — and this time around Jared will be played by Spence Moore II, whom you may recognize from his roles in Superman & Lois, grown-ish, ABC’s The Wonder Years reboot and/or All American. Jared has previously been played by Khamani Griffin (in Season 6) and Akinsola Aribo (Seasons 9-11); Moore’s debut airs Monday, April 15.

NCIS: Daniela Ruah, Vanessa Lachey to ‘Cross Over’ for Franchise’s 1,000th Episode (Exclusive)
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   MARCH 14, 2024 
https://tvline.com/casting-news/ncis-daniela-ruah-vanessa-lachey-crossover-episode-1000-kensi-jane-1235187887/ 

TVLine has learned exclusively that both Daniela Ruah, who played Special Agent Kensi Blye-Deeks throughout NCIS: Los Angeles‘ 14-season run, and Vanessa Lachey, who currently leads the NCIS: Hawai’i team as Special Agent in Charge Jane Tennant, will appear during that milestone hour, which will air as the Monday, April 15 episode of NCIS.

Spoiler

Though neither Kensi nor Jane will appear “in person” alongside the D.C.-based NCIS team, I am hearing the characters’ appearances will nonetheless be quite fun.

Also appearing during the episode — as first reported by TVLine’s Inside Line column — will be Director Leon Vance’s son Jared, to be played this time around by Spence Moore II (All American, Superman & Lois).

Previewing the franchise’s 1,000th installment, NCIS co-showrunner David North told TVLine during our recent set visit,

Spoiler

“One of our own beloved characters is going to end up in grave danger, and you’re go to see all of the different franchises brought into this in a little bit of a different way.”

Added co-showrunner Steven D. Binder, “There’ll be a personal storyline, and this one will circle around Director Vance,” played by NCIS vet Rocky Carroll.

Along the way, fans can be assured, “We’re going to play plenty of homage to the past,” said North, and scatter “some Easter eggs for longtime fans of the show,” Binder added.

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1
(edited)

NCIS: Origins Casts Kyle Schmid as Young Mike Franks
BY MICHAEL AUSIELLO   MARCH 21, 2024 
https://tvline.com/casting-news/ncis-origins-kyle-schmid-cast-young-mike-franks-1235191142/ 

NCIS: Origins has tapped Kyle Schmid to play a pivotal legacy character in CBS‘ forthcoming Young Gibbs-centric prequel series.

Schmid, best known for his starring role in History’s SEAL Team-themed limited series Six, will portray a young version of Mike Franks, the special agent originated on NCIS by Muse Watson.
Stowell’s Franks is described as “a proud Texan who all but showers in his cowboy boots and sports a perfectly coiffed mustache that’s as thick as his skin.” Much like the adult iteration of the character, Young Franks “is a born leader with an unwavering moral compass who’s determined to find justice by any means necessary.”

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

TV’s Best Slow-Burn Romances: 30 Long-Awaited, Highly Satisfying Love Stories From All American to Xena
BY KIMBERLY ROOTS, ANDY SWIFT, CHARLIE MASON, MATT WEBB MITOVICH, DAVE NEMETZ, REBECCA IANNUCCI, VLADA GELMAN, RYAN SCHWARTZ   MARCH 23, 2024 
https://tvline.com/lists/best-slow-burn-romances-tv-shows/luke-and-lorelai-gilmore-girls-2/

TONY AND ZIVA, NCIS
Listen, if it takes you 190 episodes (!) to share your first on-screen, non-undercover kiss… well, burns don’t get slower than that. A bit maddeningly, viewers have yet to truly see “Tiva” as a couple/parents, given Cote de Pablo and Michael Weatherly’s respective exits/non-overlapping encores. But a newly announced Paramount+ spinoff promises to remedy that, and how!— M.W.M.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Ratings: The Bachelor Improves on Previous Finale, NCIS and NCIS: Hawai’i Eye Season Lows
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   MARCH 26, 2024
https://tvline.com/ratings/ncis-hawaii-season-3-episode-5-viewers-renewed-cancelled-1235192690/ 

CBS | The Neighborhood (with 4.7 million total viewers and 0.5 rating) and Bob Hearts Abishola (4.3 mil0.4) both were up in the demo, while NCIS (6.2 mil/0.4, read recap) and NCIS: Hawaii (4.8 mil/0.3) both returned down after a multi-week break, hitting and/or matching season lows.

‘NCIS: Origins’ Prequel Adds Tyla Abercrumbie & Diany Rodriguez To Cast
By Nellie Andreeva  March 26, 2024 
https://deadline.com/2024/03/ncis-origins-prequel-tyla-abercrumbie-diany-rodriguez-1235868186/ 

EXCLUSIVE: Tyla Abercrumbie (The Chi) and Diany Rodriguez (The Blacklist) round out the series regular cast of NCIS: Origins, CBS’ prequel to the venerable procedural, which has a straight-to-series order for the 2024-2025 broadcast season.

In the CBS Studios-produced series, they join previously cast stars Austin Stowell, Mariel Molino and Kyle Schmid.
Abercrumbie will play Field Operation Support Officer Mary Jo who is both a product of her time and the lifeblood of the Camp Pendleton office. With all the acronyms floating around the agency, this mama bear has wryly dubbed herself “HSIC”: Head Secretary in Charge. If you want to know where the bodies are buried, Mary Jo’s the one to ask.

Rodriguez will portray Special Agent Vera Strickland, a no-nonsense, sharp-witted Brooklynite who’s tough as nails and never minces words. She’s spent her entire career being underestimated by misogynistic morons (as she calls them), but if it’s a fight those good ol’ boys are looking for, then it’s a fight they’re going to get.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Who Almost Played NCIS’ Gibbs? And Other Fun Facts From NCISverse: The First 1,000 Special
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   APRIL 8, 2024 
https://tvline.com/features/ncis-who-almost-played-gibbs-trivia-fun-facts-1235198209/ 

The Tony/Ziva NCIS Spinoff: New Details Surface About Tali, European Filming Location
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   APRIL 8, 2024 
https://tvline.com/lists/tony-ziva-spinoff-ncis-everything-we-know/ 

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on FBI, NCIS, Chicago Fire, The Rookie, Fire Country, Star Trek: Discovery, Walker and More
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   APRIL 10, 2024
https://tvline.com/lists/fbi-most-wanted-wedding-season-5-finale-spoilers/ 

During the NCIS franchise’s 1,000th episode, will we get to hear of how the NCIS: LA team has been doing? –Maria
Kensi (guest star Daniela Ruah) does reference at least one other member of the L.A. office. Bones-us scoop: T.J. Thyne pops up in the milestone hour as a Jeff Bezosian tech tycoon.

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1
(edited)

Monday Ratings: NCIS Grows With Franchise’s 1,000th Episode
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   APRIL 16, 2024 
https://tvline.com/ratings/ncis-vance-shot-episode-1000-viewers-1235200570/

In the latest TV ratings, CBS‘ NCIS was Monday’s most-watched program and landed in a four-way tie for the nightly demo win.

CBS | The Neighborhood (with 4.4 million total viewers and a 0.4 demo rating) was steady, Bob Hearts Abishola (4.2 mil/0.3) dipped in the demo, the NCIS franchise’s 1,000th episode (6.7 mil/0.4, average TVLine reader grade “A”; read recap) grew 14% in audience, and on-the-bubble NCIS: Hawai’i (5.4 mil/0.3) was up 8% in audience.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
(edited)

NCIS: Origins Casts Robert Taylor as Gibbs’ Dad — Plus, Two More Additions
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   APRIL 18, 2024 
https://tvline.com/casting-news/robert-taylor-ncis-origins-gibbs-father-jackson-prequel-series-1235202196/ 

Robert Taylor will step into the late, great Ralph Waite’s shoes by playing dad to a young Leroy Jethro Gibbs in CBS‘ upcoming NCIS: Origins prequel series.
Also new to the NCIS: Origins mix is Daniel Bellomy (Power Book II: Ghost) in the recurring guest star role of Special Agent Granville “Granny” Dawson, a “probie” who’s cutting his teeth as the Evidence Custodian’s assistant, all the while itching to work his way up the ranks to field agent.

Additionally, Caleb Martin Foote (Made for Love) will fill the recurring guest star role of Special Agent Benjamin “Randy” Randolf, the agency’s all-too-lovable “golden boy.” Tasked with showing the newly minted Agent Gibbs the ropes, this father of young twins is thankfully practiced in patience.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 2

Ratings: NCIS, The Voice and Idol Lead Monday, All American Rebounds
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   APRIL 24, 2024
https://tvline.com/ratings/ncis-hawaii-season-3-episode-8-viewers-renewed-cancelled-1235203798/

In the latest TV ratings, CBS‘ NCIS was Monday’s most-watched show, while NBC’s The Voice tied ABC’s American Idol for the nightly demo win.

CBS | The Neighborhood (with 4.3 million total viewers and a 0.3 demo rating) dipped to what looks like series lows, while Bob Hearts Abishola (4.1 mil/0.3) was steady. NCIS (6.3 mil/0.3) lost some viewers and tied its own demo low, and NCIS: Hawai’i (5.1 mil/0.3) dipped 5% in audience but held steady in the demo as it awaits word on renewal… or, you know, the other thing.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 2