Type keyword(s) to search

NCIS In The Media

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

NCIS' Wilmer Valderrama to Star as Zorro in Update of 1950s ABC Series

“Growing up, Zorro was the one character that made me, as a Latino, feel like I could be a hero,” Valderrama, who will also executive-produce the project, said in a statement. “As an adult and a storyteller, I have a responsibility for the stories that I help bring to life. To partner with Gary [Marsh of Disney General Entertainment] and Disney to bring Zorro back into the family after 60 years and be a part of the legacy for other children to know they too can be the heroes of their own stories is a dream come true.”

Valderrama is currently in his sixth season as Special Agent Nick Torres on CBS’ NCIS. TVLine has made multiple requests for comment on whether the actor would juggle both series, if Zorro moves forward.

• Love 1

NCIS/NCIS: Hawai'i Crossover Set for March: Who's Making the Trip?

Hawaii Five-0 alum Katrina Law is heading back to the Aloha State, and she’s bringing one of her new NCIS colleagues with her.

Weirdest TV Crossovers

Launch List

NCIS star Wilmer Valderrama announced on Monday via his Instagram account that CBS’ most watched drama will be crossing over with the freshman offshoot NCIS: Hawai’i, for an episode set to air Monday, March 28.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=436011174550148&id=100044238079245

^A nice 2.5 minute video of Gary Cole interviewed on The Talk, about Parker's introduction and future (gradual) character development on NCIS. (Aired November 2021, I just found it. Public facebook video).

He says he will still appear (his recurring role) as the husband on The Good Fight (a CBS streaming show) if TGF writers write his character in the new TGF season. He has always worked tons. I've never heard of a CBS show lead actor doubling as another recurring character! (He was also a recurring character on nbc's Chicago Fire, but this cbs talk show didn't mention that).

For the first time ever, he looks & sounds a bit old/tired/ even frail. (He's 65). He said getting into NCIS was like "jumping on a moving train".

• Love 2

https://deadline.com/2022/01/ncis-production-paused-ncis-la-restart-pushed-series-delays-shutdowns-covid-omicron-1234904847/

Title: 'NCIS’ Pauses Production, ‘NCIS: LA’ Pushes Restart As TV Series Face Mass Delays & Shutdowns Amid Omicron Surge

Quote from article:

According to sources, NCIS has paused production after a positive test in Zone A, which includes the cast and those interacting with them. The case is believed to involve a cast member. I hear that for now, the intention is still for the show to resume filming with the NCIS: Hawai’i crossover episode next week but plans are all in flux amid the unprecedented infection rates.

My comments:

Hope everyone is fine, especially dear Gary Cole who is 65yo (but looks to be in good health). I expect another shortened season again due to Omicron. Maybe 16 episodes again this season. Sad.

• Useful 1

https://www.portable.tv/series/dennismillerplusone?v=0170bd87-323f-4f3d-a0c5-a76a08a9fed3

For the Gary Cole/ Parker fans, a comprehensive video interview which aired Jan 2022.

He seems a lot like his character Parker (likeable), but he is chattier and happier. My theory is that these long-running cbs procedurals make the regular characters similar to the actors' innate self, so its not such a stretch to play the role for 5+, 10+ years.

Interviewer (dennis miller who?) asks interesting questions, but talks about himself too much (whoo whoo I'm a seasoned showbiz vet too).

Gary's NCIS discussion begins ~60% into the interview. Before that, they discuss his early work (interesting).

He will still play the husband on Paramount's The Good Fight, which he will film after this NCIS season wraps. Wow.

On 2/11/2022 at 3:21 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Is the show on permanent hiatus? It’s still not on the schedule to return through this month, either. Just a stupid Price is Right prime time game and Big Brother Celebrity Edition.

Next new episode on Feb 28th. 4 week hiatus due to winter Olympics (4-20th Feb). They could have had new episodes on 31 Jan, and 21 Feb, but aren't.

Hopefully they can complete more episodes in the bank and there are minimal reruns the rest of the season. I'm hoping for 18-20++ episodes this seaaon (I'm sure covid production will make it shorter than a pre-covid season).

My dear Gary Cole has to prove the ratings against a lot, with winter Olympics etc this season. I'm sure the Feb 28th new ep will suffer from some viewership loss as casual viewers forget a new ep is finally out again.

• Love 1
On 2/12/2022 at 3:48 PM, Poohpoohpooh said:

Next new episode on Feb 28th. 4 week hiatus due to winter Olympics (4-20th Feb). They could have had new episodes on 31 Jan, and 21 Feb, but aren't.

IMO, CBS could have run some new episodes up against the Olympics and I think they could have beat NBC.

Edited by dttruman
  • Love 2

Because more spin-offs are needed, SEAL Team Movie Set at Paramount+ — Plus, NCIS: Sydney on the Horizon?

The venerable NCIS franchise is also expanding with NCIS: Sydney, an international edition that is being developed for for Paramount+ Australia and Network 10 (but has the potential to play on other Paramount+ platforms around the world, TVLine hears).

On track for a 2023 premiere, NCIS: Sydney will feature local stories with Aussie actors and producers and be filmed in one of the world’s most scenic harbor cities. NCIS: Los Angeles creator (and Australian!) Shane Brennan is attached to the project.

• Love 1

47 minutes ago, milkyaqua said:

Because more spin-offs are needed, SEAL Team Movie Set at Paramount+ — Plus, NCIS: Sydney on the Horizon?

The venerable NCIS franchise is also expanding with NCIS: Sydney, an international edition that is being developed for for Paramount+ Australia and Network 10 (but has the potential to play on other Paramount+ platforms around the world, TVLine hears).

On track for a 2023 premiere, NCIS: Sydney will feature local stories with Aussie actors and producers and be filmed in one of the world’s most

Is this going to be about an Australian NCIS  team or an American NCIS team that is stationed in Australia?

9 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

All Australian cast and stories.

Will this be a franchise of the NCIS, here in the USA. I am unfamiliar with the copyrights for TV serieses there. Will they be allowed to make references to memorable characters from NCIS here, like Leroy Jethro Gibbs or Abby. and so on?

From TVLine Inside Line

Is NCIS‘ Nick Torres OK…? He was not coping real well in the episode “Fight or Flight,” and the team was asking him about his drinking again. Will the show address his well-being in future episodes? –Liz

As a matter of fact, the next new episode — airing Feb. 28 and co-written by cast member Brian Dietzen — includes “a next step in [Torres’] journey,” as the increasingly despondent Special Agent is tasked with keeping an eye on Jimmy’s daughter Victoria (guest star Elle Graper) during a workplace crisis. “Wilmer [Valderrama] just kind of knocks it out of the park,” Dietzen reports. “There are a couple of moments that definitely got me, you know?”

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

More bullshit from whiney, woe-is-me Torres! I'd rather see more character development from mysterious Parker and gal-power Jess Knight. Well, I guess it will be up to them two to save the day in the next episode since Torres is enjoying his angsty character development.

Casual viewers won't recall Torres' 'tude when the show returns from its 4 week hiatus.

Anyone else feel it's been pretty lite on McGee since NCIS returned from Christmas hiatus? Sean Murray has always been quite lightweight and to be harsh, a bit forgettable. He is a likeable character to his credit though.

• Love 1

Parent, Trapped: NCIS' Brian Dietzen Talks About Writing Father/Daughter Drama, Hints at 'Big Events' to Come

Nice long interview.

Brian Dietzen –Jimmy’s longtime portrayer and the co-writer of the episode airing this Monday at 9/8c — shared with TVLine a preview of Jimmy’s quarantine crisis, poor Victoria’s fear of losing a second parent, and more.

TVLINE | Lastly, can you tease anything else that’s coming up this season?

A lot of it is a bit of a mystery for me because our writers right now are breaking the last couple of episodes. You know, we weren’t initially picked up for, I think, 21 episodes. Because of COVID, everyone was picked up for a bit less, and we got our final numbers solidified not too long ago, so everybody’s kind of in a mad rush to break everything and get the writing assignments and whatnot. But I do think the thing that’s going to be happening — and one of my favorite things in the world — is that you’re going to see this team coalesce even more and come together even more. But yeah, there are definitely a few “big events” that have been floated out there that I’m hoping come true, but I can’t report on them because I plain don’t know yet!

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, milkyaqua said:

Thank you for sharing and clipping articles. I don't understand his episode count. Does he mean ncis was initially supposed to have less than 21 episodes this season, BUT NOW THEY ARE TRYING to crank out 21 episodes? ("Trying" but not confirmed yet, as the final few eps this season are now being written?)

I've become a huge Gary Cole fanatic ever since William Petersen said pfft sayonara to CSI & CSI Vegas. They are both wonderful in their own ways but Cole is very refreshing in his ncis role.

On 2/16/2022 at 4:12 PM, milkyaqua said:

Don't know if it'll reference the US franchise but show runner Shane Brennan is attached according to the article.

just the fact that Shane Brennan is attached is a mark against it for me.  I was never fond of the direction the series went when he took over and haven't watched the LA spin-off since midway thru their first season.  I think I tried to watch the attempted spin-off Red and that majorly suuuucked.

• Love 1

Brian Dietzen Says That NCIS Alum's Dreamy Return 'Was Such a Blessing'

It was a little over a year ago when NCIS, with its first episode set during the pandemic, pulled a Linda Reagan on us and gradually revealed that Dr. Jimmy Palmer’s wife, Breena, had died of COVID.

Due to an imperfect storm of COVID protocols while filming plus the off-screen time jump, viewers didn’t get to see Jimmy say farewell to his wife. But that was rectified somewhat this Monday, when series alum Michelle Pierce reprised her role as Breena  in a dream-like sequence.

From TVLine

We need more Fornell on NCIS! Any plans for his next appearance? –Bob

When I spoke to Brian Dietzen, he said we will “definitely” see Joe Spano again this season as Fornell. (He also assured that David McCallum is due for a couple more appearances as Jimmy Palmer’s mentor, Ducky.)

TV Line, Matt's Inside Line

Any early buzz on what NCIS has planned for its season finale? –Deb

I picked Katrina Law’s brain during our recent Zoom, and she said, “Apparently I have a stunt double” for the May 23 finale, “which always bodes well for good, fun action. So hopefully that sticks and we have a big, huge, surprise ending. But that’s above my paygrade — they don’t tell me anything!”

Teri Polo Joins NCIS as

's Ex

Teri Polo (The Fosters, Good Trouble) is joining the CBS procedural as the estranged wife of Gary Cole’s Alden Parker, TVLine has confirmed.

Per Deadline, Polo’s character, Vivian Kolchak, is a former FBI agent who left the FBI after her divorce to take a Defense Department job as a paranormal investigator. The actress’ recurring role kicks off in NCIS‘ Season 19 finale on May 23 and will continue into Season 20.

• Love 2

NCIS and NCIS: Hawaii to Crossover Again With Season Premieres

In the series’ second-ever crossover event — airing Monday, Sept. 19 starting at 9/8c, when NCIS and Hawaii open their respective 20th and second seasons — Tennant and Ernie Malik (Jason Antoon) will find themselves in the nation’s capital, while Torres and Knight will again spend time with Jane’s team in Hawaii. NCIS‘ Gary Cole, Brian Dietzen and Diona Reasonover will also guest-star in NCIS: Hawai’i‘s Season 2 premiere.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just this morning on the news they had a report on the fact that a year ago Pauley Perrette suffered a massive stroke.  She said she woke up and one side of her body was numb.  She went to the ER and her neurologist said if she hadn't, she would have been dead by 5pm that day.  She had lingering effects for months, but seems to be okay now.

• Love 1

The new season of NCIS begins Monday 9/19, so they have finally released the promo teaser today. It is 1.5 minutes and combined with NCIS Hawaii. Footage is very skewed towards Hawaii folks.

At the 1 minute mark, we see Parker say "take down that son of a b-". He looks to be in a bland hospital hallway backdrop. My bet is that his ex-wife Vivian (Teri Polo) was injured helping Parker. Can't wait!

1 hour ago, milkyaqua said:

Looking forward to watching that, because NCIS Universe especially NCIS itself always put out a good product with quality scripts and production. That is why they are the No.1 Drama.  L&O SVU has been cutting the budget on their episodes and have chosen to focus almost exclusively on one character (Benson) and turned it into a soap opera.

That discussion isn't just happening there but also the site I copied the story from.

I just hope they work it better than the premier crossover of the mothership and Hawaii and definitely better than the recent L&O crossover...

• Love 1

TVLine, Matt's Inside Line

What can we expect from NCIS‘ Parker and his ex-wife Vivian this season? –Regio

Nothing more, anytime soon. “There are no plans at the moment” for Vivian tor return, says showrunner Steven D. Binder, “but we loved working with Teri [Polo] — and loved the dynamic between Parker and Vivian even more, so there is always a possibility.”
  • Like 1

^heh, I was the one who emailed in the Vivian question as I love all things Parker, and I thought Teri Polo did a phenomenal job in the s20 premiere as "ex-wife with marital baggage".

So I got my answer that the next Parker-centric episode (due soon...) will not involve Vivian. Showrunner likely got spooked by the unseasonably low premiere ratings (with the cursed Hawaii croxxover...) and might prefer to bring back fan fave faces for now like more Fornell hopefully.

btw, episode 6, airing 10/24, is titled THE GOOD FIGHTer and that has to be a Parker-centric episode. A cheesy play on Cole's role in The Good Fight on Paramount now? http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/ncis/listings/

The Agents of NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles and NCIS: Hawai'i Meet Cute in BTS Crossover Photos — 2023 First Look

TVLine’s 2023 First Look series continues with a trio of exclusive behind-the-scenes photos from the Monday, Jan. 2 crossover between the NCIS mothership and offshoots NCIS: Hawai’i and NCIS: Los Angeles.

In the opening NCIS episode, title “Too Many Cooks,” agents from Washington, D.C., Los Angeles and Hawai’i — all in D.C. to attend the retirement party of a beloved FLETC instructor — find themselves jointly investigating his shocking suicide. (NCIS: Los Angeles‘ Chris O’Donnell and LL Cool J, and NCIS: Hawai’i‘s Vanessa Lachey and Noah Mills, guest-star.)

NCIS was renewed for its 21st season (2023-2024) on 2/21/2023. Cast members confirmed to return are Gary Cole and Brian Dietzen.

Below news concerns wilmer valderrama, not NCIS.

https://deadline.com/2023/03/bryan-cogman-showrunner-writer-reimagined-disney-plus-zorro-series-1235278548/

EXCLUSIVE: Bryan Cogman (Game of Thrones) is attached as writer, showrunner and executive producer of Disney Branded Television’s Zorro (wt) series project, starring and executive produced by Wilmer Valderrama.

Deadline exclusively revealed the series was in development in late 2021.

I really hope valderrama leaves NCIS and takes his low-energy monotone with him. The writers have had to burn 3 episodes per season on "uh, we gotta make wilmer look bad ass. Maybe we should send him undercover... Or in danger? Or undercover in danger?".

His episodes are dead weight and suck time away from the better-acted characters.

• Like 3