Type keyword(s) to search

NCIS In The Media

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

In my mind (and my sincere hope) Ziva was dead, and the kid, Tali, a convenient contrivance to cater to the Tiva fans.  To string them along and give them the false (or so I'd hoped) hope that Cote would come back.  I stand by my statement, What's Dead should Stay Dead.  Especially since they didn't seem fit to bring back any of the killed off characters that I might want so see back.  

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Linderhill said:

In my mind (and my sincere hope) Ziva was dead, and the kid, Tali, a convenient contrivance to cater to the Tiva fans.  To string them along and give them the false (or so I'd hoped) hope that Cote would come back.  I stand by my statement, What's Dead should Stay Dead.  Especially since they didn't seem fit to bring back any of the killed off characters that I might want so see back.  

Like Clayton!!

• Love 1

This is really old, but I came across it while looking for other stuff. It's Mark Harmon receiving the Hollywood Walk of Fame. It's kind of bittersweet, because you can see Pauley, up front and center, taking pictures of Mark. No. It makes me sad for whatever happened two years ago.

And Finally: I FUCKING LOVE MARK HARMON.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It makes me sad for whatever happened two years ago.

And Finally: I FUCKING LOVE MARK HARMON.

I still think it's just weird.  I mean, Mark Harmon has been in the business forever, has a reputation for being the nicest guy to everyone, very respectful of cast and crew on all the shows he has been on, and I think I have seen all of those shows🤣.  Except Flamingo Road.

• Love 3
(edited)
45 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I still think it's just weird.  I mean, Mark Harmon has been in the business forever, has a reputation for being the nicest guy to everyone, very respectful of cast and crew on all the shows he has been on, and I think I have seen all of those shows🤣.  Except Flamingo Road.

He is! And he's humble and what he said in that video--thanking everyone, the crew, cast, Pam, Sean, (Tye was away at school). How his family centers him. And then, during the photo op, he had Cote on one side, Pauley on the other, and he gave them the Gibbs kiss on the temples.

Chas Floyd Johnson was also there! You can see Mark waving to people offscreen, and laughing.

Oh, he was a right BASTARD in Flamingo Road! But then he was married to Morgan Fairchild's character, who was a bitch and who I couldn't stand, so I was team Carlyle! It's due to my love for him in seeing him in 240-Robert, that I put up with that horrid 'stache he had when he first joined St. Elsewhere. But he was STILL A SEXAY BEAST. He shaved it off later, thank goodness.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1
On 7/21/2020 at 6:31 PM, txhorns79 said:

Pauley is tweeting about NCIS again.

1.  If her new show hadn't been cancelled then she probably wouldn't be saying anything about CBS

2.  She is still friends with Michael Weatherly, even though what he did was caught on camera and cost the network several million dollars

3.  She is and has always been a drama queen, and Mark Harmon seems to be the type of person with no patience for that

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/maria-bello-signs-with-gersh-as-she-nears-exit-from-ncis/ar-BB179Qed?ocid=msedgntp

I hope they don't kill her off, cause I don't want to see that hang over Gibbs for the season.

• Love 2
On 7/25/2020 at 9:58 AM, ForReal said:

I didn't mind the actress,

But I hate the part as written for her. 

But, then, I'm not fond of the characters' development/degradation over the past three years, and Jimmy on the side of a building may  be the only episode I'd watch in reruns.

On 7/26/2020 at 3:57 PM, enoughcats said:

But I hate the part as written for her. 

But, then, I'm not fond of the characters' development/degradation over the past three years, and Jimmy on the side of a building may  be the only episode I'd watch in reruns.

That is one of my most favorite episodes ever.  That one and the one when they rescue the comedian and general from the cave in Afghanistan while Little Drummer Boy played in the background. (Thanks to Google that was season 15 ep 10.)

On 7/25/2020 at 5:58 AM, ForReal said:

I guess we may never know if she was secretly (or not so secretly) pining for Gibbs or if she and Vance were meant for each other. I didn't mind the actress, but I won't miss her.

I had no idea that Maria Bello was leaving NCIS. I guess I should check in with this website more often! In any event, like Forreal, I, too, like the actress, but the character is redundant. The team never needed - or wanted - a psych profiler (or whatever her function is) before, so why did they write one in? This show works best when the cast is kept to a minimum; otherwise, there tends to be too many backstories of which to keep track and that just gets annoying. 

On 7/25/2020 at 5:58 AM, ForReal said:

I guess we may never know if she was secretly (or not so secretly) pining for Gibbs or if she and Vance were meant for each other. I didn't mind the actress, but I won't miss her.

I hope they address that. My money's on Vance as her secret crush. Gibbs is too obvious a choice and, other than Ryan, who did nothing but play with his head, Gibbs doesn't seem the type to get too attached to a shrink. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I dislike the Ryan storyline here as much as I dislike the Nicole Wallace storyline on LO-CI. Hate them both!!

I agree with you regarding Nicole Wallace. For such a smart man, Goren gave away waaaaay too much personal information during his interviews for her to use against him. Every time she engaged him, he fell for it and that was just stupid. Plus, I was getting a little sick and tired of her getting away with everything all the time; that was getting to be ridiculous. Nevertheless, her death was rather anticlimactic, sort of like an afterthought. 

And I feel the same way about how NCIS wrapped up the Ryan story: her ex gets out of prison and she bolts? For such a ballsy broad, that behavior just didn't track. But then, the writers tend to do that with Gibbs' love interests; they all just abruptly up and leave without so much as a meaningful conversation or a wave bye-bye. 

Jack's exit will probably be just as abrupt and out-of-the-blue. Oh, well. Easy come, easy go.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Ebau said:

And I feel the same way about how NCIS wrapped up the Ryan story: her ex gets out of prison and she bolts? For such a ballsy broad, that behavior just didn't track. But then, the writers tend to do that with Gibbs' love interests; they all just abruptly up and leave without so much as a meaningful conversation or a wave bye-bye. 

Jack's exit will probably be just as abrupt and out-of-the-blue. Oh, well. Easy come, easy go.

Even though I disliked that particular romance of Gibbs' and skip her episodes, I, too, found it nonsensical that she disappeared out of fear and didn't even give Gibbs a chance to protect her, which is practically his purpose in life. But yeah, oh, well.

• Love 1
On 8/3/2020 at 11:43 AM, ForReal said:

Even though I disliked that particular romance of Gibbs' and skip her episodes, I, too, found it nonsensical that she disappeared out of fear and didn't even give Gibbs a chance to protect her, which is practically his purpose in life. But yeah, oh, well.

I know this is getting to the point where this should go under a different topic, but the other day I saw the episode where Hollis Mann came back for a case. I don't recall exactly how she left, other than an episode where she blew up at Gibbs for something and he had spent the whole time fixing her electrical system or plumbing or something. Anyway, she felt the need to apologize for leaving him, and the whole time I kept thinking, "He doesn't seem like he minds all that much." At the time I thought she was smart to leave, since she clearly need someone more talkative and demonstrative, but feeling the need to come back and clear the air with an apology to Gibbs just underscored why they didn't make it in the first place.

NCIS has officially received the go-ahead from CBS to start production on season 18. The pandemic forced an abrupt shutdown in March, which made season 17 shorter than planned.  Now that they’ve made safety adjustments on set, the NCIS cast and crew is scheduled to get back to work in early September. But, the latest update from CBS about the season 18 premiere wasn’t good news for fans since no formal premiere date airing was announced.  Speculation is that the 18th season premiere will air later in November in its usual time spot during sweeps.

The new season will include the series’ 400th episode

NCIS is one of the longest-running dramas in CBS history. During season 18, the show will hit a major milestone when it airs its 400th episode. Producers haven’t revealed their plans for the new season. But, fans are aware of two spoilers.

The special 400th episode will reportedly jump back in time so fans can see the beginning of Gibbs and Ducky’s (David McCallum) friendship. There is also the issue of Jack Sloane’s (Maria Bello) exit.

I recently read that

Fans are disappointed about Bello’s departure because it appeared that a possible Gibbs and Sloane romance was starting to gain momentum. Fans are going to have to wait just a little bit longer to see the next part of the story.

The positive news is that there will be a season 18 of NCIS. Kahl says that based on their current timeline, CBS hopes to start rolling out their previously announced fall series “as they become available in November.”

ncis-season-17-streaming.jpg

• Love 2

I'm sad to see Maria Bello go. I only started watching NCIS because she joined and I quite liked it. I can't see myself sticking around with this show as I'm not really attached to any other character or actor/actress. If nothing really exciting happens duringe Jack's last episodes that will be it for me. Until next time NCIS 👋 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

NCIS has always  been that  show I watch if nothing else happens to be in the same time slot.  I usually don’t bother DVRing  it unless the episode synopsis looks interesting.  So if I miss it I will eventually catch it on syndication.  

Maria Bello never really fit with the shows.   Honestly as psychologist go I always liked Laura San Giacomo better anyway.   I liked the personality of Doctor Grace and if the actress is on good terms with everyone I would love to see her as a semi recurring roll.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

Maria Bello never really fit with the shows.   Honestly as psychologist go I always liked Laura San Giacomo better anyway.   I liked the personality of Doctor Grace and if the actress is on good terms with everyone I would love to see her as a semi recurring roll.

Plus, wasn't she also Kate's sister? Another deep tie to the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

3 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Plus, wasn't she also Kate's sister? Another deep tie to the show.

Kate's sister was played by Wendy Makkena, who also played Sister Mary Robert in both Sister Act films. She wouldn't be a bad addition to the cast as a recurring character; however, Dr. Grace is a little more dynamic and doesn't take any of Gibbs' bullshit. I think she'd be great as a regular or semi-regular member of the team. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 9/11/2020 at 9:44 AM, MorbidPet said:

I'm sad to see Maria Bello go. I only started watching NCIS because she joined and I quite liked it. I can't see myself sticking around with this show as I'm not really attached to any other character or actor/actress. If nothing really exciting happens duringe Jack's last episodes that will be it for me. Until next time NCIS 👋 

Yeah, same. I fast-forwarded through eps to watch her scenes. I do like Gibbs, Vance, and McGee, though.

• Love 1

Meet the new woman who's in for the last two episodes this season.

Katrina Law, recycled from Hawaii 50

The description:

Law will appear in the last two episodes of Season 18 as NCIS REACT Special Agent Jessica Knight, a “formidable” woman whose specialty is hostage negotiations. Raised by a single mother, and married to a stay-at-home dad who is raising their infant son, Jessica is described as “sharp, athletic, tough” and “fiercely tenacious,” but she also possesses a “wry sense of humor.”

Maybe they should have just added a Fox Terrier.

• LOL 3
1 minute ago, Magnumfangirl said:

About freaking time!  Show might actually be worth watching again!  

I know, right?

And oh, ew! I just clicked on the article and I don't like what she's done to her hair! I was expecting full-out redhead!

I'm sooooo looking forward to this.

3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And oh, ew! I just clicked on the article and I don't like what she's done to her hair! I was expecting full-out redhead!

Looks like COVID hair to me 🤷‍♀️

• LOL 2
(edited)

NCIS Shocker: Mark Harmon Eyes Very Limited Presence in Season 19

"Multiple sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that Harmon is slated to appear in a relatively small number of episodes next season. One insider close to the CBS procedural reveals of Harmon’s Season 19 episode count: “It’s going to be in the low single digits.” Another source says the actor will make only “a few” appearances throughout the season."

"News of Harmon’s status change comes as NCIS prepares to exit its longtime Tuesday-at-8 pm time slot. As we previously reported, the venerable series will relocate to Mondays-at-9 pm this fall."

NCIS: Gary Cole Officially Joins Cast, But Not as Gibbs 'Replacement' — Katrina Law Upped to Series Regular

"CBS confirmed on Tuesday that Cole — whose previous TV credits include (but are by no means limited to!) The Good Fight, Veep, The West Wing and Midnight Caller — will fill the series regular role of FBI Special Agent Alden Park. And though longtime series front man Mark Harmon is expected to appear in a very limited capacity moving forward, sources stress that Cole’s character is not “replacing” Gibbs. (Harmon’s team leader for the last six episodes of Season 18 had been suspended from NCIS, and last we saw seemingly had faked his death while in pursuit of a possible serial killer.)

Additionally, CBS has confirmed that Katrina Law, as indicated with her initial casting, will return for Season 19 as a series regular, as Special Agent Jessica Knight. Introduced in the last two episodes of Season 18, Knight is a REACT (Regional Enforcement Action Capabilities Training Team) agent who specializes in hostage negotiations and handles daily high-risk operations with skill and precision. Sharp, athletic and tough, she is fiercely tenacious and with a wry sense of humor."

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, milkyaqua said:

NCIS Shocker: Mark Harmon Eyes Very Limited Presence in Season 19

"Multiple sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that Harmon is slated to appear in a relatively small number of episodes next season. One insider close to the CBS procedural reveals of Harmon’s Season 19 episode count: “It’s going to be in the low single digits.” Another source says the actor will make only “a few” appearances throughout the season."

"News of Harmon’s status change comes as NCIS prepares to exit its longtime Tuesday-at-8 pm time slot. As we previously reported, the venerable series will relocate to Mondays-at-9 pm this fall."

NCIS: Gary Cole Officially Joins Cast, But Not as Gibbs 'Replacement' — Katrina Law Upped to Series Regular

"CBS confirmed on Tuesday that Cole — whose previous TV credits include (but are by no means limited to!) The Good Fight, Veep, The West Wing and Midnight Caller — will fill the series regular role of FBI Special Agent Alden Park. And though longtime series front man Mark Harmon is expected to appear in a very limited capacity moving forward, sources stress that Cole’s character is not “replacing” Gibbs. (Harmon’s team leader for the last six episodes of Season 18 had been suspended from NCIS, and last we saw seemingly had faked his death while in pursuit of a possible serial killer.)

Additionally, CBS has confirmed that Katrina Law, as indicated with her initial casting, will return for Season 19 as a series regular, as Special Agent Jessica Knight. Introduced in the last two episodes of Season 18, Knight is a REACT (Regional Enforcement Action Capabilities Training Team) agent who specializes in hostage negotiations and handles daily high-risk operations with skill and precision. Sharp, athletic and tough, she is fiercely tenacious and with a wry sense of humor."

Okay, who here, is really surprised by this? Or find it to be a "shocker"? Seriously, Harmon was probably going to leave until they convinced him to stay.

I think somewhere up thread, or maybe in one of the episode threads, was news that after Harmon agreed to come back, it would be for limited episodes.

I just loooove [insert sarcasm] how these media outlets make it sound like new and dire announcements.

But WAHOO!!!! for Gary Cole! I'm hoping he won't be an arrogant asshole. Please, please, please.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

Sharp, athletic and tough, she is fiercely tenacious and with a wry sense of humor."

I hope the writers have it in them to write this character. Wry sense of humor isn't easy to do at the best of times and in a time when everyone on the internet can get bent out of shape, wry humor is becoming a lost art. 

We may need to revisit this description four or five episodes in.

• Love 1
(edited)

I will just be sad not to have Mark Harmon on my screen every week...

As it is I will miss Scott Bakula  and NCIs Nola forever... 

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 3

it always amazes me how they insist on casting the most annoying female characters in this franchise.  Kate was annoying but had redeeming moments, Ziva always annoyed the crap out of me with her super Mary Sue vibe, Bishop started out with just annoying quirks until suddenly she had to be a Ziva wannabe, I can't remember the name of the woman agent that was there when Nick started but she had her moments, Jack was eye-roll worthy most of the time with her magic profiling skills, now this super annoying woman.  I've known plenty of female special agents that are just normal people, not over-the-top quirky.  Apparently you can't work on NCIS without that bitchy quirkiness.  (I'm not even going to get into Abby, Kasie, Madame Director or any of the disposable women on the NOLA show.)

• Love 5
On 6/22/2021 at 2:08 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

But WAHOO!!!! for Gary Cole! I'm hoping he won't be an arrogant asshole. Please, please, please.

And I'd sort of love it if he was an arrogant asshole.  With a heart of gold, of course.  I absolutely loved him in Mixed-ish.  And, I recently re-watched Chuck and was surprised to see him as Sarah's dad in that but he was just brilliant.  He's got a smarmy, edginess that I'll be interested in seeing as a completely new dynamic on the team.

• Love 1