Type keyword(s) to search

NCIS In The Media

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

Pacci, Dornie (Dornegut), MORROW!!!!! (I will never ever, ever, ever, EVER forgive them for that! Yeah, still BITTER); for obvious reasons, Papa Gibbs.

I don't count Pacci becausehe was there to die from the beginning, Dornie was a bummer, Papa Gibbs was super sad for obvious reasons.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, fifty8th said:

I don't count Pacci becausehe was there to die from the beginning

His death absolutely counts. It wasn’t clear at all he was going to die when we first met him. He had been a recurring character who was on several episodes before “Dead Man Talking.” He was part of the team that worked to save Ducky when Ari first showed up.

Your question was of there were any men who had been killed off. Pacci was one of them.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, pally said:

I'd like to see the show end while on top but I think it ends only when Mark Harmon decides to move on

Mark's been in the business for many years, and he's always talked about what's good for the show.  If we lose David and Pauley, we will be left with McGee, Gibbs, and Palmer.  I don't mind Bishop or Nick, I honestly don't, but the hallmark of NCIS has been the depth of the connections.  Through no fault of their own, Bishop and Nick are new characters.  Blended with the established characters, they have a place on the canvas, but by themselves with just Gibbs, there's nothing really to anchor them. Like they may intellectually know that Gibbs lost his wife and child, but they don't know how much it consumed him and how long it did so.  Ducky, Abby, and McGee do.  Kate is of minimal (if any) significance to them.  They are unaware of the depth of the meaning of "probie" as it relates to McGee or even to Gibbs in terms of Franks.  Again, not a fault of Bishop or Nick for being so new, but when you're faced with establishing almost all new links with Gibbs because it is now impossible to play the established ones because cast members have left, I think it's time to end the show.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

His death absolutely counts. It wasn’t clear at all he was going to die when we first met him. He had been a recurring character who was on several episodes before “Dead Man Talking.” He was part of the team that worked to save Ducky when Ari first showed up.

Your question was of there were any men who had been killed off. Pacci was one of them.

Sure if you want to count him go ahead, your prerogative, personally I don't because he showed up once the episode before he died asking Gibbs to help him on the case that kills him, he was a plot device not anyone we knew. If you want to count Cassidy's team members too go for it because to me he was as know to us as they were.

I'm not surprised she's leaving. The character hasn't really changed much over 15 seasons, and there isn't much you can really do with a labrat character like Abby, because she doesn't have the same skill set to be involved in storylines like the other characters can be. I imagine it must get pretty boring playing the same types of scenes over and over again as an actor. You could take so many Abby scenes and not have a clue which episode it is because they're all fairly similar.

I'd like to see Abby decide to change or adjust her career somehow and go off into the sunset that way.

I agree. That is one of the reasons why I was fine with Michael Weatherly leaving as well. Their characters seemed so stagnant. DiNozzo was never going to get his own team, because that means he would not be around and they never seemed to want him to get a serious love interest because that shut the door on all things Ziva. The first couple of seasons Abby's personality was more low key, than the made her so over the top. I do think they have tried to tone it a bit the past few seasons. TPTB did not seem to interested in letting their character's grow. 

• Love 4

With long-running shows like this it seems to be that you either have to turn the cast over on a fairly regular basis, like er did or you have to be committed to keeping pretty much the same cast the whole time. Like someone referenced up above it's very difficult to bring in new people towards the very end and expect to get the same connections that have been so enjoyable with the old crew. The divide is too deep.

• Love 1

I feel like with Pauley's departure, and I think David McCallum's is imminent as well, the show still has potential *as long as* they don't fall into the same spot as they did with Michael Weatherly's, adding a million people. I'd like to see them pick between Torres and Reeves (I'd prefer Reeves but I'm sure it would be Torres), promote Jimmy to Ducky's spot (maybe show an assistant doing work in the background, but not have him as a character any more than the guy from S1), and get a new forensic person. Team is Gibbs, McGee, Bishop, and Torres. Palmer takes a greater role. New forensic person has a smaller part than Abby did. I feel like though it does lack what the show started with, it's still a reasonable combination of old and new.

• Love 6

I tend to like this show because the turnover is respectable.  They do occasionally bring in other teams / divisions / cast members even if it is for the short run.   I actually hated the Tony/Ziva pairing with a blinding and firey passion.  So much so that I prefer the early Bishop episodes 1000x over the late Ziva ones.    I am actually curious as to how the show plans to write off Abby a character who has stated she never wants to leave.  Then again people do change and she might be given a reason she didn't have before.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 10

With Pauley leaving, do you think that is why Bishop is getting bigger parts, she can be the "little sister" of the group?

Several people are talking about the new additions, remember Bishop has been on for a few years.

I do like Torres, and the English agent.  I liked JE as well

Bishop has been there for a while, but I don't feel that I know her.  I liked her Mother and her brothers and almost remember them more clearly than I remember her in those episodes.  Maybe if the disasterous end to her marriage had been handled with more skill by the writers, I wouldn't still feel an attachment to her ex and less to her. 

I can see in the DC area groups of working professionals not having high turnovers- a good paying job with a home that isn't an hour long commute each way.  Any change is going to really tear up habits.

That said, Abby has been shown to have connections to other labs.  And there are other technicians out there with her skills.  I've been bothered that she hasn't been shown upgrading her equipment, studying how to modernize it, and how to keep her lab ultra clean. (The dog in the lab still rankles my sensitivities.)  Reasons for a lab in a basement: less vibration from street traffic.  Reasons for labs NOT in the basement of an old building: cleanliness.  Don't replace Abby with another cute girl; bring in a serious scientist of either sex who is 90% work and 8% unknown and 2% quirk.  

• Love 2

It would be interesting if the new scientist  is the exact opposite of Abby so much so that at first glance everyone hates him/her. It would be an interesting joke or whatever everyone suddenly hates going into the lab until the new lab person does something during an episode that changes everyone's mind.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3

Delilah not included so far in November sweeps period (Oct 26 - Nov 22), but show runner promised baby arrival in October. There must have been a firm decision to not cover much of her pregnancy while in a wheelchair given so much buildup at the end of last season.

Spoiler

Just in time for sweeps:

Nov 14, 2017  "Voices"
An NCIS person of interest in a bribery and fraud case is found murdered after a runner is led to his body by a strange voice. Also, McGee and Delilah disagree on whether to find out the baby’s sex or keep it a surprise.

Nov 21, 2017  "Ready or Not"
The team’s Thanksgiving plans are put on hold while they track an elusive international arms dealer in D.C. who recently murdered an MI6 officer who was Sloane’s close friend. Also, Abby races Delilah to the hospital when her labor starts three weeks early.

Edited by VinceW

In fact, Perrette did not have to film a single scene with Harmon this season, and the two were never on set at the same time.

From the article fifty8th quoted.  Can someone who has watched this season confirm this? That is surprising to me that they would have no scenes---they always have had at least perfunctory moments in each episode over the years.

I don't watch anymore, but have been coming back to see when her last episode airs, what can I say I watched for so many years, I always say farewell to the originals.  Lord help her if she's crossed Harmon, Abby's death (because of course she'd die) will probably be linked to a pit bull (and Abby will be in the wrong) if this story is true:)

Edited by pennben

I have watched this season and can't confirm - only because I don't remember. Plus, their interactions over the years keep circling in my head and I can't separate it. I do agree that they haven't spent a lot of time together, but never a scene? And if it is true, how did I not notice it?! I need @GHScorpiosRule to weigh in.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, betsyboo said:

I have watched this season and can't confirm - only because I don't remember. Plus, their interactions over the years keep circling in my head and I can't separate it. I do agree that they haven't spent a lot of time together, but never a scene? And if it is true, how did I not notice it?! I need @GHScorpiosRule to weigh in.

This season has been so lack luster, that it hasn’t had my attention. I want to say that I think they had a couple of scenes? But it lacked the history. Like I don’t think we’ve had any “GIBBS! GIBBS!GIBBS!GIBBS!” this season. But we’ve also had too much of Jack and her background to introduce her, and I don’t give any fucks and zone out.

I’m also not believing anything in that link and that we’ve seen less of Abby and Abby and Gibbs, to lessen the impact when she leaves. Unless Paula actually comes out and says why she’s leaving, I’m not believing anything “sources” say. 

But that’s just me.

• Love 3

They've been in scenes together this season just not in the most recent episodes.  I agree that they are choosing to minimize the relationship and Abby's role so that the impact of her leaving is less.  
The dog story is suspect.  First of all, Pauley loves animals and deals with rescues so it is unlikely she would be frightened.   It also doesn't fit with what we know about Mark Harmon.  A man known for his professionalism would never risk his show for a pet.   But more importantly, no way CBS risks their insurance coverage by allowing a known vicious dog loose on set.  An attack or injury could cause them to lose coverage for any show they own.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, pally said:

They've been in scenes together this season just not in the most recent episodes.  I agree that they are choosing to minimize the relationship and Abby's role so that the impact of her leaving is less.  
The dog story is suspect.  First of all, Pauley loves animals and deals with rescues so it is unlikely she would be frightened.   It also doesn't fit with what we know about Mark Harmon.  A man known for his professionalism would never risk his show for a pet.   But more importantly, no way CBS risks their insurance coverage by allowing a known vicious dog loose on set.  An attack or injury could cause them to lose coverage for any show they own.  

THIS!!! You stated perfectly why this “story” should be ????.

A lot of denial in this thread about Harmon. His long running feud with Weatherly was well known. He is quiet but deadly if you get on his bad side. Pauly looks to be on his bad side right at the shows twilight. It just doesn't look good.

2 minutes ago, betsyboo said:

OK, I call shenanigans on all of it. Inquisitr is THE WORST. This seems to have several made-up parts:

https://www.inquisitr.com/4711624/ncis-season-15-spoilers-and-predictions-mark-harmon-and-other-cast-likely-to-return-for-another-installment/

@GHScorpiosRule - be sure to have a cocktail handy when you get to the line stating "MH's advanced age..." it only gets worse from there... ACK

Your comment has clinched it for me NOT to click on that! Advanced Age, my ass.???

• Love 3
12 hours ago, eel2178 said:

I don’t believe it. Like in this day and age, when every Tom, Dick and Harry have cell phones and record all kinds of shit, that this wouldn’t have come to light before now.

IF this happened, it would have been ALL OVER social media.

And Mark Harmon is the OPPOSITE of an egocentric narcissistic. It was because of him that shooting schedules became more tolerable and bearable and which set in motion DPB’s ouster. Plus the fact that Gibbs and Abby have had scenes together and nothing like the insulting split screen between Margulies and Panjabi on The Good Wife.

??????

ETA: and as @secnarf posted, there is no mystery regarding this, and radar is just basically repeating what that other disreputable site did, and using exclamation points! As if what the "sources" were saying were TRUTH!!!! and calling the show runners "two-faced" because they "sided" with Mark Harmon. And poor, poor, Pauley. What the FUCK Ever. 

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
31 minutes ago, betsyboo said:

I share this strictly for discussion purposes - I do not have an opinion one way or another, but I *am now starting to lean toward on-set shenanigans of some kind - with pit bull drama being the cover. Which saddens me since I was so convinced none of it was true only a week ago. 

http://happyeverafter.usatoday.com/2018/01/10/donna-kauffman-ncis-recap-season-15-episode-12-dark-secrets/

That link is for an episode recap - how does it address any shenanigans?

• Love 1

I don't believe this either.  If Mark behaved this way, I think we would have seen evidence of it before now.

Also, years ago, there was speculation that Pauley might have to depart the show due to the situation with her ex.  That never happened.  If there had been an issue between Mark and Pauley, that would have been the perfect time for her to leave with perfect cover,

Pauley has also been one to publicize NCIS heavily for years, which has long been referred to (by the cast no less) as "Mark's show/sandbox."

Now, if you replaced "Pauley" with "Cote" in this article, that I'd buy.  There were whispers that Cote and Mark clashed, and Cote rarely did publicity.

Emily is also still there, and for as much as some don't like her character, I think she would have left if the environment were that toxic.

Pauley and Mark have worked together for a decade and a half.  I don't think Mark's behavior would have shifted that much toward Pauley without at least some rumors surfacing.  Like I said, rumors have surfaced about Mark and Cote.

I think the "last year" is simply that Pauley gave them a lot of notice, similar to the way Michael did.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 2

And not for nothin' but Mark Harmon has a reputation for not being that kind of guy, and though Pauley scores high on the Q score, etc., I will take his word over hers. Because until this show, I'd never heard of her. But though I know I don't "KNOW" Mark Harmon, he is highly liked and respected among his peers.

And though pit bulls aren't the adorable lovable dogs like pugs, labs, retrievers, they aren't all bad--it is true that it depends on who owns them and how they are raised/treated. So if Mark has one, I'm sure he loves it and doesn't train it to attack or be mean.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And not for nothin' but Mark Harmon has a reputation

A reputation that stretches across several series and is echoed by women such as Allison Janney, Marlee Matlin, and Jamie Lee Curtis.  As of right now, I'd say that Allison is pretty close to Mark as far as status goes.  There are women in the industry with enough status who could challenge Mark Harmon if there were a need to challenge him about potential behavior, but that has not happened.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 2

Not at all trying to start an argument or throw shade on Pauley OR Mark. I agree that both are well-respected and loved.

My orig post quote:

but I *am now starting to lean toward on-set shenanigans of some kind - with pit bull drama being the cover.

I don't agree that there is a dog issue, either - but maybe that's just the latest rumor floating about.

14 hours ago, secnarf said:

That link is for an episode recap - how does it address any shenanigans?

As you said @GHScorpiosRule - the author of the article is a big fan. So I do trust her observation that they haven't shared a scene together this season, at least that she can recall. That strikes me odd and worthy of note, regardless of inciting factor.

She notes: 

Abby enters, fresh from grabbing a coffee with Sloane and hiding her bandaged finger. She explains to McGee she has a splinter and doesn’t want Gibbs to know or he’ll try to dig it out with a knife. (Given the two haven’t shared a single scene this season, that I can recall at any rate, I don’t think she has anything to worry about.)

Palmer extracts the splinter and exits. Abby talks to McGee, who seems to be spending a lot of time in Abby Lab on his computer, which, you know, keeps Abby from having to come up into the Bull Pen. (Seriously, Show, what’s going on with that? It’s like when Alicia Florrick suddenly stopped doing scenes with Kalinda on The Good Wife.)

That's all I was pointing out. Perhaps it's as @pally suggested, and nothing more than minimizing her time, etc., to lessen the impact in May.

On 1/2/2018 at 4:10 PM, Folk said:

His long running feud with Weatherly was well known

I call BS on this for the simple reason of scheduling.

Mark does indeed have a tremendous amount of power.  That has never been disputed across many media articles.

Where does Bull happen to sit on the CBS schedule?  Right AFTER NCIS.  That's a prime spot.  NCIS New Orleans doesn't even get that spot, and Mark's an EP of BOTH NCIS and New Orleans.

If Mark were feuding with Michael, I doubt that Bull would be sitting where it has been for two years.  The NCIS franchise still makes a ton of money for CBS.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, betsyboo said:

(Given the two haven’t shared a single scene this season, that I can recall at any rate, I don’t think she has anything to worry about.)

That is an incorrect statement.  Like others, I haven't been counting, and I'd be willing to say they might be doing  FEWER scenes, but they have indeed shared at least a single scene.  The use of the word single is loaded language.

Plus, I think Abby's screen time can be explained in that we're soon going to see a lot of her.  I read an article years ago where some industry person said it's common practice that when a major character is written out, the actor/actress is minimally featured for a period of time because exiting the character usually involves a lot of screen time, and the performer will be working a bunch at that point.

If Abby and Gibbs don't share significant scenes once her departure arc starts, that could be an eyebrow-raising event, but I think we're still in the "plausible explanation" stage now.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, betsyboo said:

Not at all trying to start an argument or throw shade on Pauley OR Mark. I agree that both are well-respected and loved.

She notes:

(Given the two haven’t shared a single scene this season, that I can recall at any rate, I don’t think she has anything to worry about.)

(Seriously, Show, what’s going on with that? It’s like when Alicia Florrick suddenly stopped doing scenes with Kalinda on The Good Wife.)

Well, the first we debunked ourselves, because they have shared scenes this season; just not as many and I suspect and stated I thought it was due to letting the viewers get to know Jack; at Abby's expense.

And I also stated that this is NOWHERE close to Margulies and Panjabi, where rumors and articles were abounding and the INSULT of a split screen to "show" us that it wasn't a split screen and those two actually were in the scene. Not to mention that Panjabi, after she left the show, addressed it.

• Love 1

More thoughts about Gibbs/Abby and Mark's power.

He undoubtedly has it.  There was the ousting of Bellisario.

There was speculation that Mark was not thrilled with the Los Angeles spin off.  LA hasn't occupied the same night as the mothership for years, nor has Gibbs appeared on LA in years.

I will always believe that Mark was displeased with the manner in which Cote left and that has something to do with why we haven't seen her since.

The whole thing with Diane Neal (Borin).  I don't think NCIS TPTB were pleased as a whole, but I also think Mark was also displeased.

Those are all instances where I believe that he has invoked his significant status on some level.  If Mark and Pauley were really and truly at odds, I'd think he'd be exerting power, not her, AND while there would still be an exit story for Abby because of her importance to the series, no way do I think it would stretch to May if Mark and Pauley were clashing.  I think one would have been written and filmed by Christmas, (warm and fuzzy send-off for Abby during the holiday season) not wait until spring if there were issues between the two actors.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Ohmo said:

More thoughts about Gibbs/Abby and Mark's power.

He undoubtedly has it.  There was the ousting of Bellisario.

There was speculation that Mark was not thrilled with the Los Angeles spin off.  LA hasn't occupied the same night as the mothership for years, nor has Gibbs appeared on LA in years.

I will always believe that Mark was displeased with the manner in which Cote left and that has something to do with why we haven't seen her since.

The whole thing with Diane Neal (Borin).  I don't think NCIS TPTB were pleased as a whole, but I also think Mark was also displeased.

Those are all instances where I believe that he has invoked his significant status on some level.  If Mark and Pauley were really and truly at odds, I'd think he'd be exerting power, not her, AND while there would still be an exit story for Abby because of her importance to the series, no way do I think it would stretch to May if Mark and Pauley were clashing.  I think one would have been written and filmed by Christmas, (warm and fuzzy send-off for Abby during the holiday season) not wait until spring if there were issues between the two actors.

Regarding Cote, even David McCallum was unhappy with how she left the show and commented on it to the media.

Diane Neal flat out shot herself in the foot.  If you have a work problem, you talk to TPTB behind closed doors - not on social media.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Diane Neal flat out shot herself in the foot.  If you have a work problem, you talk to TPTB behind closed doors - not on social media.

I missed the bruhaha over this. What'd she say???

And after all this talk about Bud and JAG, I've a yen to pull out my dvds and rewatch, even though I just did a rewatch over the summer!

Not sure of the complete details.  I only read about it later.

What I read is this: Diane Neal alleged on Twitter that there was a situation involving unsafe working conditions on the New Orleans set, and the issue was being ignored.  This went on for a series of tweets.  Somehow, an NCIS producer became aware of the situation and publicly told Diane via Twitter that this was not an appropriate forum to address such a situation.  From what I recall, Diane's tweets had a combative tone to them.  She deleted them within hours, but the damage was done.  She hasn't appeared as Borin since.

1 minute ago, Ohmo said:

Not sure of the complete details.  I only read about it later.

What I read is this: Diane Neal alleged on Twitter that there was a situation involving unsafe working conditions on the New Orleans set, and the issue was being ignored.  This went on for a series of tweets.  Somehow, an NCIS producer became aware of the situation and publicly told Diane via Twitter that this was not an appropriate forum to address such a situation.  From what I recall, Diane's tweets had a combative tone to them.  She deleted them within hours, but the damage was done.  She hasn't appeared as Borin since.

Ah. Thanks.

Methinks I'll need to have a chat with Donna Kauffman. Why yes, I do know her. I've met her several times at book signings over the past 20 odd years, and we actually saw each other last summer after nearly 10 years. It was great to see her again, and I got mega hugs from her. She knows me by name, so yeah, I feel comfortable in saying I know her! Plus, she's local.

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:43 PM, Ohmo said:

That is an incorrect statement.  Like others, I haven't been counting, and I'd be willing to say they might be doing  FEWER scenes, but they have indeed shared at least a single scene.  The use of the word single is loaded language.

Have they?  I've seen every epi this season and I can't actually remember them in the same room.  They've been in scenes we're they're talking via video, but I honestly don't remember them being in the same room at the same time.

On 1/22/2018 at 1:56 PM, Katy M said:

I honestly don't remember them being in the same room at the same time.

There's another interaction of Gibbs and Abby that, as I remember this season versus previous seasons, is missing:

Gibbs is no longer the person bringing her her Calfpow.  That came to me recently when I think the giver of Calfpow was Tim.  

Anyway, a binge watch this summer of repeats might make Calfpow sightings more meaningful, or not.  

3 hours ago, enoughcats said:

There's another interaction of Gibbs and Abby that, as I remember this season versus previous seasons, is missing:

Gibbs is no longer the person bringing her her Calfpow.  That came to me recently when I think the giver of Calfpow was Tim.  

Anyway, a binge watch this summer of repeats might make Calfpow sightings more meaningful, or not.  

Caff-pow. Caff as in caffeine, not calf as in baby cows ;)

I watched some season 3 episodes just prior to watching tonight's episode, and the difference is quite noticeable (not Abby/Gibbs specifically, but the whole show.

EW recap:

Okay, it’s impossible to ignore at this point: When’s the last time Abby and Gibbs were in a scene together? We’ve gotten “Abby Skypes in” scenes and references to Gibbs having just been in the lab, like he’s Tino in My So-Called Life, but the two haven’t shared any screen time this season, and I don’t believe they had much last season, either. (Please don’t let this be a Margulies/Panjabi situation.)

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:55 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

though pit bulls aren't the adorable lovable dogs like pugs, labs, retrievers

Sure they are. If they're raised properly. Just like two-legged children. I know a pit who lives down the block. There's a sign on the gate that says 'security dog.' Well yeah, if by 'security dog' you mean, 'beware he'll kiss you to death' lol! He's the biggest mush you'll ever see. He makes friends with the teeniest, tiniest little dogs and rarely even barks. He's always happy to see people and all the kids in the neighborhood stop by after school to play with him. :)

• Love 6