Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E16: This Isn't Best Friends at First Sight

• Start Topic

The clock nearly runs out, and the couples have only a few days until Decision Day; the last chance arrives to answer any remaining questions, and it ruins the final night for one couple and challenges others.

Airs Wednesday October 19 at 8:00PM EDT.

This is also the place to discuss Decision Day Dish: San Diego, which immediately follows this episode.

Wow, so Krysten is trying to outdo Alexis with so much exposed boobage.

She's playing Mitch like a fiddle and I think she'll get a chance say NO on Decision Day before he does. 

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Love 1

I don’t think Mitch understands  marriage and family    It’s not 24/7 bike  rides and surfing.   Does he think he gets to do whatever he wants after work and weekends while Krysten does all the chores involved with a home and  family?  I’m not so sure he wants to be married to anyone regardless of whom it is. 

Edited by mythoughtis
This was about the conversation Mitch had with his brother
  • Like 2
  • Love 10

Why isn’t  Mitch talking about what he wants out of marriage.  Things like ’ live by the beach, time for my hobbies, kids in a couple years?  Krysten asks for specifics,  while  he mutters about just hanging out for a  week or so and then continue.  What does that mean? 

This is about the dinner conversation Mitch and Krysten had. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 1
30 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I will be so *bleeping* glad when this *bleeping* season is *bleeping* done.

Exactly my feelings. I don't see any of these couples lasting.

At this point, I'm actually making puzzles on my laptop to keep me entertained while "watching" this show. Desperate times.

• Love 5

Stacia is the one not saying what she means. What she means is that she doesn't feel the 🔥 from Nate, tattoo or no tattoo. 

Mitch and Krysten---proving that teeth-brushing ought be a solitary activity. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

It saddens me how little Krysten needs in order to stay with Mitch. Her saying she was grateful for the minuscule effort he makes at this point, made me want to give her a good shake! She is the only thing holding them together. She deserves better and I hope after this she’ll recognize this too.

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 14

These people don’t know that love is everyday comfortable togetherness.  It’s hanging out together, or not, and being good with it. It’s knowing that your spouse is in the next room and finding comfort.  It’s security knowing your partner is there for you. it’s knowing your partner is your best friend.  

• Applause 3
  • Love 14

The experts tend to put a lot of weight on D-day, but by the reunion most of the couples have split.  Last season for example, four couples said “Yes” and today, only Ola and Katina are still together.  I can’t help but wonder if they get a bonus for every couple that says “Yes”.  I have a feeling that none of these couple are going to make it to Christmas. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Nate wants Stacia to be all-in but he gets to be half in and half out?  WTF?

He said he wants her to recognize his love for her but then tells her he does not love her.  WTF?  How could she recognize something that you're telling her is not there?  And then he gets mad at her for not recognizing it!  Well it's no wonder she doubts him!

He is seriously mixed up and at this late date that's not a good sign.  If I were her I'd say "no" on decision day.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 2

Maybe as a fundraiser, an environmental group could do a (recycled) bachelor calendar. Mitch is totally in it for life.

Take a break?! Yes, I want to stay married, now get the hell away from me for a week. Oh, Kristin, that's his grand romantic gesture. And enough with the cleavage, Alexis is not your role model. 

Edited by buttersister
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

At the end of th show there was a clip of an after party type show and the little that was shown looked like former unsuccessful couples had been doing g things together. I didn’t recognize the host and I can’t find it scheduled. Anyone have any insight to what I saw?  

Not many comments. Odd to me.  I freakin love Krysten.  She deserves somebody as multidimensional and fun as she us.  Mitch is a total bore.  I think potential if he had the energy but really he’s robo.  Emotionally vacant. I wonder why he wanted MAFS?  Lindy knows Miguel not for her.  Hope she has the courage to say no.  Justin and Alexa maybe could make it.  She needs to accept his best friend or he’ll send her packing.   Giving them benefit of BIG doubt.  Not sure Justin even still in it.   The two yuppies - sorry can’t remember their names - have been sort of bland and not much to say about them.  

(Stacia and Nate). 

Now I realize lack of comments.  Not much there there.   Signing out.  😉

Edited by Ms.C.
Added names
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Miguel said he's never given an ultimatum... He never said she was disrespectful & she never said he was controlling? Say WHAAAT??!!! In so many words, they DID!!! 🤣🤣

Edited by Lindz
5 hours ago, Ms.C. said:

Not many comments. Odd to me.  I freakin love Krysten.  She deserves somebody as multidimensional and fun as she us.  Mitch is a total bore.  I think potential if he had the energy but really he’s robo.  Emotionally vacant. I wonder why he wanted MAFS?  Lindy knows Miguel not for her.  Hope she has the courage to say no.  Justin and Alexa maybe could make it.  She needs to accept his best friend or he’ll send her packing.   Giving them benefit of BIG doubt.  Not sure Justin even still in it.   The two yuppies - sorry can’t remember their names - have been sort of bland and not much to say about them.  

(Stacia and Nate). 

Now I realize lack of comments.  Not much there there.   Signing out.  😉

well, sounds like mitch has plenty of energy for his surfer guys and babes.  he probably would be miserable to cut back on that activity and be there enough for krysten to be content.  she deserves someone who wants to do things with her when he'd be dreaming of being on his board.

i find lindy very tiring and i think miguel does too.  was the conversation with her girlfriend getting distracted by her kids when she was trying to discuss her situation supposed to show us that it's just normal to do that?  

i don't see a future for justin and alexis and i hope he says no and gets his pup back. i don't think she'll ever make him feel good enough for her because she acts like he isn't.  he can find someone better suited to him as he is.  

i expect nate and stacia to try to make it work and maybe it will but i just see her as too selfish to let him make any decisions about anything.  

• Love 3

Nate asked what her biggest flaws were... AGAIN?!!! Didn't he ask on the 1st morning on the honeymoon?!! WTF?!! EFFIN weirdo!!! That's his go-to, huh? Must be the deepest question he knows or something. 🤪🤣 I'm so unimpressed. He's really got nothing going on in his mind.

• Love 1

So Nate & Justin needed their parents to show them the light, huh? That's weird they wouldn't listen to their stranger wives. Why is that?! Probably would've helped their marriages. I can't believe Justin brought up their sex problems so in depth, yet I have no idea what he means about her being in control... & I don't wanna know! Ew!

So Justin & Miguel are the overthinkers & Justin & Nate need encouragement & positive reinforcement, but Miguel & Stacia are the biggest critics? Oy. Poor Nate & Lindy & Mya! Krysten was the best behaved this season! Still can't stand her voice, huge eyes, & dramatics though... I'm on Nate's side, Stacia wasn't encouraging AT ALL! TERRIBLE! Even after he spelled it out. She is so critical. What a horrible conversation! She articulated it right to her friend, but not to Nate. She wanted to know how their marriage is different from/better than his loveless relationship. & how their marriage will progress to love. Geez! Her "loveless marriage" concern makes more sense than Miguel's hypothetical. He did respond badly though. Too damn emotional. Glad she kept her cool. She really should've built it up with positives first. She botched it so bad. I'm glad to be done with their circles talking about love. What'd she think he'd say, how he'd respond? COME ON! 😵💫😵💫

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 2

They're making it look like Nate & Stacia will say no, but everyone else will say yes. I don't like any of them together.  It could go either way. If Krysten required more, she should say no. It's quite telling that Mitch & Krysten & Justin & Alexis have no after DD plans. Don't know if Miguel & Lindy have plans. I want them to say no the most. They'll probably say yes. Maybe Justin & Alexis will say yes. Mitch & Krysten will probably say yes. Nate & Stacia seem like the biggest toss up. Maybe they'll say yes. Make it reunion? No idea. 😅

Ooh lawd! Rachel done chunked up! That dress looks TERRIBLE!!! I hope she's alright. Johnny's hair treatments seem to be holding up (I'm guessing). 🤣 Glad they're happy being travel buddies... Two struggle couples who seemed to have turned it around. Got Brianna on there pregnant. Poor thing!  They said this cast is so mature! HUH?!! WHERE?!! 👀 Again with the advice for them going into DD like DD hasn't long passed?!! FOR WHAT?!! So stupid! I'm glad this didn't replace & delay the DD episode. Looks like they listened. Too bad the reunion's still probably 2 episodes. 😒😒

I had been impressed with Nate’s insightful comments for several of the past episodes, but that fell apart a bit in this episode. He was all over the place, and as Stacia said, he was thinking he heard her say something she didn’t then started running away with that. I’m really hoping that “fight” was entirely producer driven and that’s why none of it really made sense. Maybe production asked them to create some sort of drama at the 11th hour since things were going too well with them and production wanted DD to be more of a question mark. It was the first time I ever felt like the two of them were talking at each other and neither of them was listening. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

When do producers actually film this show?This is the first season I’m watching. I was channel surfing and found this show about 3 weeks ago. How were these couples selected and paired together? Are there any background or financial requirements to appear on the show? Married at First Sight has been great for a laugh. I believe Krysten and Mitch will say yes, however I believe they will be divorced within 2 years.

It looks like Alexis is going to whip out some sort of written gripe list on DD. Even if she softens the message with some niceties here and there, the fact that she needed to write down and recite her insults for the world to hear in just the right way is just plain awful. Even Morgan took the time to at least memorize her speech of insults to Binh!

Alexis seems to be missing the ability to self-sensor. She just spews crap without any consideration that her words may have a negative impact on someone else. Her husband…the other couples…it doesn’t matter. For someone who clearly thinks she chooses her words so wisely, she sure is mean when she does it. But she is so self absorbed, I guess it makes sense that she doesn’t consider anyone else. My jaw is still on the floor from when she turned Justin’s selfless act of giving up his dog into something that might negatively affect her - essentially fearing that he would hold it over her head like she owed him something. The selfishness knows no bounds. 

• Love 13
12 hours ago, Yeah No said:

He said he wants her to recognize his love for her but then tells her he does not love her.  WTF?  How could she recognize something that you're telling her is not there?  And then he gets mad at her for not recognizing it!  Well it's no wonder she doubts him!

He is seriously mixed up and at this late date that's not a good sign.  If I were her I'd say "no" on decision day.

See, I think it's her. She's SO INTENSE about every little thing. He's said POINT BLANK to her, he's not there, he's not comfortable yet, and I feel like she's only hearing what she wants to hear, and upset when she doesn't get the response she wants. 

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, APK said:

When do producers actually film this show?This is the first season I’m watching. I was channel surfing and found this show about 3 weeks ago. How were these couples selected and paired together? Are there any background or financial requirements to appear on the show? Married at First Sight has been great for a laugh. I believe Krysten and Mitch will say yes, however I believe they will be divorced within 2 years.

This comment made me laugh out loud because the fact that you are questioning the screening shows exactly how poor the process actually is. In short yes, but no…the show claims they do extensive interviews, personality tests, background checks, home visits, etc, all to ensure that the “experts” have made perfect matches. They even devote multiple episodes to the pairing process. But there is example after example that they do a terrible job at it or they are deliberately ignoring all of their screening metrics to create more explosive pairings for more interesting TV. Hard to say for sure which it is, probably both, but in past seasons they’ve cast some doozies. A few examples: one guy threatened to kill his wife and her family, one woman was arrested on an outstanding warrant as they were trying to board the plane to go to their honeymoon, another guy seemed to have a pretty obvious drug problem, others were dating other people while being married at first sight and one was engaged to someone else just a few months before the program started filming. Even basic characteristics like someone with a fear of allergy to dogs will get paired with someone with multiple aggressive dogs. It’s nuts. You get the idea….

Pretty much every single person on this forum could do a better job of matching people than these supposed “experts”. We all detect the obvious personality mismatches with these couple after just one episode. 

Edited by Spectator
  • Like 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Lindz said:

So Nate & Justin needed their parents to show them the light, huh? That's weird they wouldn't listen to their stranger wives. Why is that?! Probably would've helped their marriages. I can't believe Justin brought up their sex problems so in depth, yet I have no idea what he means about her being in control... & I don't wanna know! Ew!

Probably just not like him feeling like he has to make the first move, and he wants to feel wanted. Probably not like whips and chains and stuff lol ( I hope:) 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lindz said:

Ooh lawd! Rachel done chunked up! That dress looks TERRIBLE!!! I hope she's alright. Johnny's hair treatments seem to be holding up (I'm guessing). 🤣 Glad they're happy being travel buddies... Two struggle couples who seemed to have turned it around. Got Brianna on there pregnant. Poor thing!  They said this cast is so mature! HUH?!! WHERE?!! 👀 Again with the advice for them going into DD like DD hasn't long passed?!! FOR WHAT?!! So stupid! I'm glad this didn't replace & delay the DD episode. Looks like they listened. Too bad the reunion's still probably 2 episodes. 😒😒

I thought Rachel looked lovely and happy.

I don't know why they had Johnny on there. I don't remember him being a nice guy, but I could be remembering wrong.

Poor thing that Brianna is pregnant? 

I didn't like Jamie and wife during their season and didn't expect them to last but they both seem really happy and she looks pretty.  So they are moving back east to be near family or a job situation?

I have no idea who the moderator is - is she another blogger or what? I guess she gave her name but I didn't get it.

• Love 2

From seeing the preview last week, I was mainly interested in seeing them in their GoCars, but they showed very little of it.  Mr. Outlier and I rented one in San Francisco, and it's right up there with the most fun I've ever had, no exaggeration.  Of course San Francisco has those hills, and there's something quite, uh, interesting about forcing one of those pitiful little engines up a very steep hill and actually wondering if you're going to just stall and roll backwards back down.  And coming over the top of a hill and heading down is like a thrill ride.

I'm not usually one to embrace looking like a tourist, but this was the one time to do it, and I can't recommend it enough.  We did it on a Sunday so we weren't mixing it up in rush hour traffic, but it was surprising how the people who were driving regular cars were chill with us being among them.  We were stopped at a light by the Embarcadero and a kid in the car next to us looked over and goes, "AWESOME!"

I'm pretty familiar with the city so we just drove around, but you can also use one of their maps if you're sightseeing.  It's a hell of a lot faster than walking, MUCH easier than riding a bike (yeah, I've done that, and actually rode serpentine up a hill to keep from tipping over because I was going so slow), and it makes the journey just as much fun as the destination.  You can't take it everywhere--like you can't go over the Golden Gate Bridge, and we went up to one place that appeared in retrospect to be off limits.  But you can go down Lombard Street, and whether you're just playing around in it or seeing the sights, I can't recommend it enough. 

And now for the show...

35 minutes ago, cinsays said:

I didn't like Jamie and wife during their season and didn't expect them to last but they both seem really happy and she looks pretty.  So they are moving back east to be near family or a job situation?

I'm with you 100%.  I didn't like either of them when they were on they show, and still don't really like them, but I'm always taken aback at how much prettier Elizabeth is these days.  As for them moving, I think it's been more than 20 minutes since they last moved, so it's time.  Maybe they're running out of places on the west coast.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

but I'm always taken aback at how much prettier Elizabeth is these days. 

She did look very pretty. I was taken aback, though, by her saying she was 33 and it was time to start thinking about having a baby. Am I misremembering? I thought I remembered her as older on her season. Like at least 35 and Jamie was older. I could be totally wrong, but I did think they were one of the older couples on their season.

2 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

She did look very pretty. I was taken aback, though, by her saying she was 33 and it was time to start thinking about having a baby. Am I misremembering? I thought I remembered her as older on her season. Like at least 35 and Jamie was older. I could be totally wrong, but I did think they were one of the older couples on their season.

No, I think she was like 29 or 30 on her season and Jamie was a few years older - but I do remember her and Jamie saying they didn’t want kids on their season. I guess they changed their minds.

Edited by Empress1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, cinsays said:

I don't know why they had Johnny on there. I don't remember him being a nice guy, but I could be remembering wrong.

I remember Johnny the same way. Particularly during the reunion show when he was extra chummy with that bougie girl, Myrla, knowing that it was really upsetting Marla’s ex-husband Gil (so much so that Gil left the stage). That sealed the deal for me. Johnny deliberately poured salt in Gil’s wounds, when Gil did absolutely nothing to him. Not a good look. 

• Like 2
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, Yeah No said:

They are another couple that would benefit from a therapist's intervention in their fight.  Nate told her up front that he doesn't fall in love quickly and it was going to be a process for him.  And they talked about what that process might be like for them, what they need from each other emotionally, etc..   Nate feels he's been true to what they discussed at that time and wants credit for that.   Stacia wants in 8 weeks a declaration of love.   Anything other than that she's interpreting as him going through the motions.   Stacia is fairly emotionally mature, so I don't understand why after hearing the story of his mother, childhood and past relationships, that she doesn't get that that Nate saying and meaning "I love you" after 8 weeks is not likely.   

6 hours ago, Lindz said:

I don't find it odd at all that they would listen to people who genuinely know and love them over someone they just met 8 weeks ago (even if it's their wives).   For both of these guys it's going to take time for them to truly trust their new wives.   I just wished they had these conversations earlier.  

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Wow, so Krysten is trying to outdo Alexis with so much exposed boobage.

her booboes were Slamming Hot! She looked sexy! Alexis looks show-off-ee.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Spectator said:

I remember Johnny the same way. Particularly during the reunion show when he was extra chummy with that bougie girl, Myrla, knowing that it was really upsetting Marla’s ex-husband Gil (so much so that Gil left the stage). That sealed the deal for me. Johnny deliberately poured salt in Gil’s wounds, when Gil did absolutely nothing to him. Not a good look. 

It wasn’t a good look at all. Johnny was particularly mean to Bao the last several weeks of the ‘experiment’.  He also overly enjoyed  his appearances on Jamie’s version of what’s now called the Afterparty.   That’s probably why he was on the show last night - really enjoys the publicity and his 15 minutes of fame.  

• Like 1
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I am starting to think that couples are staying together that would not have in  early seasons. The idea, perhaps valid, says if the 2 have ANTYthing  they can build after 8 weeks,  play house after the cameras are gone, and see what another month or 2 could help with no cameras, video-stress. I hope producers still pay for the divorce if it is  months or so after the DD. Sometimes too couple have to run it into the ground before they call it quits.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, evansmom10 said:

See, I think it's her. She's SO INTENSE about every little thing. He's said POINT BLANK to her, he's not there, he's not comfortable yet, and I feel like she's only hearing what she wants to hear, and upset when she doesn't get the response she wants. 

I'd be upset too if by decision day the guy wasn't ready to say "I love you".  I think he should be there by this time and if not Stacia has reason not to trust him for the long haul.  He's got no grounds for expecting her to trust him with his issues.  He should understand that there are consequences for his inability to be able to love her by this point.  He's another one that's never said "I love you" to anyone.  Nate's done this before to at least one other woman.  At his age after living with someone for 2 years and now this that's a red flag.  Plus he's being confusing.  He wants her to see how "all in" he is, but part of being "all in" in a relationship is saying those 3 little words.  And then saying he wants her to recognize his love for her but then saying point blank that he doesn't love her is just freaking ridiculous.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, After7Only said:

They are another couple that would benefit from a therapist's intervention in their fight.  Nate told her up front that he doesn't fall in love quickly and it was going to be a process for him.  And they talked about what that process might be like for them, what they need from each other emotionally, etc..   Nate feels he's been true to what they discussed at that time and wants credit for that.   Stacia wants in 8 weeks a declaration of love.   Anything other than that she's interpreting as him going through the motions.   Stacia is fairly emotionally mature, so I don't understand why after hearing the story of his mother, childhood and past relationships, that she doesn't get that that Nate saying and meaning "I love you" after 8 weeks is not likely.   

Stacia may know it's not likely but with decision day coming she is in a rough spot.  She's going to have to take it on faith that he will come around one day after decision day or just say "no", and she doesn't want to do that.  I feel for her, that's not a position I think anyone wants to be in.  And truthfully I think she deserves better.  Almost there is not good enough in a situation like this where she feels she has to make a decision to stay or go.  If they were just dating, fine, but the situation puts an extra dimension on things that sets the expectations higher from the start.  Nate may not be a guy that really does love her forever and just needs a little more time be able to say it outright.  He has a long history of issues with loving that may not ever be resolved.  He's already lived with a woman for 2 years and not been able to say it so why should Stacia have any confidence at all that he'll be able to say it and mean it soon enough?  The tattoo means absolutely nothing.  What kind of hell is he going to put her through because of the issues that are preventing him from saying he loves anyone, not just her?  I wouldn't want to be in her position and I understand fully why she doesn't trust him.  I wouldn't either.

• Love 1

Frankly, I wouldn't expect any MAFS partner to be ready to say "I love you" after only eight weeks of living together.  I could see them really liking each other and saying yes on Decision Day so they can live away from the cameras and give themselves time to see if they grow to love each other.  That's why I get suspicious when they say "I love you" after only a few weeks, and why I don't believe Miguel means it.   

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7

Krysten and Mitch have their differences, but it is nice to see 2 people actually communicate on this show without having a full-blown argument. I think it's clear to everyone including Krysten that Mitch is not marriage material. He's extremely rigid in his ways, he thinks someone isn't made for him if he can't surf 7 days a week without feeling suffocated by having a partner who also might desire his attention. I don't think he's a terrible person, but made for marriage he is not.. and that would be okay but he needs to accept that and stop putting the blame on someone not being well-matched with him. Because even the hippy that he says he desires will surely expect him to actually settle down in some type of way. He is in his 40's but acts like a 22-year-old bachelor.  I just never understand people like him who sign up for not just any show, but a show about marrying someone while not knowing what she/he looks like or what his/her personality is like. The only type of people who should sign up for this show are those that are truly open-minded to different types of looks, different types of personalities, and also be open to different types of lifestyles than your own... otherwise just effin go on match.com where you can make your check list.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6