Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

56 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Hope was wearing an expensive dress. The restaurant stuff was cringey. Unless you are a tourist or family, there is no special dancing unless you pay for it.

Don't you know EVERY Greek person dances at the drop of a hat and throws plates in every restaurant - every. single. time.  Nope, no wild stereotyping here, nothing at all.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Hope was wearing an expensive dress. The restaurant stuff was cringey. Unless you are a tourist or family, there is no special dancing unless you pay for it.

That was so embarrassing to even watch.  I ff'd through as much of it as I could.  Show has the owner go from wanting to beat that block of wood Hope is romancing with a baseball bat to then insisting they stay for a wonderful dinner.  Because Hope is his "best" customer"?????  Wasn't she there exactly ONE time before?  Ooookay.  

Then, the dancing........

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8

At least car crashes are supposed to be awful. This Harris/Hope travesty is, I am assuming, supposed to be entertaining or at least watchable.

Alas, words cannot adequately express how awful it really, truly is!

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
47 minutes ago, boes said:

Because Hope is his "best" customer"?????  Wasn't she there exactly ONE time before?

Well she was raving about the Baklava.  Maybe she bought enough to put all those dancers on permanent retainer.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
35 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Well she was raving about the Baklava.  Maybe she bought enough to put all those dancers on permanent retainer.

I can't believe I forgot to bitch about the Baklava reference!   Hope acted like it was this mysterious, unknown delicacy that only supor-spies frum da ISA would know about when you can buy baklava off virtually every corner store counter in San Francisco and that's not because we're so "special".   I've got a tin of it on my kitchen counter right now, as I rant away.

Ron C. must have been brought up in a deep space nine barn and never released to think baklava is some sort of exotic treat.  (It IS good, I admit!)

Edited by boes
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Artsda said:

Chad is so pointless.

For a guy who's in a new love interest, he sure doesn't seem to generate a whole lot of energy. I've seen people more exited going to the dentist.

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

I'm honestly enjoying the Xander and Chloe scenes. That's not what I was expecting. I like that he's still roguish and a reprobate with her, but she seems to help smooth out those rougher edges. I'm interested in the Chloe and Gwen scenes as we've only seen them interact once, from my memory, and I'm curious if Xander would make Chloe a little rougher as a character. If the show intends to pursue them as a couple, I hope the show actually allows them to seriously discuss El Fideo. Chloe laughing about someone leaving her to die isn't as romantic as the show thinks it is. I also hope the show remembers Xander kidnapped Holly and faked her death when Chloe was the legal guardian during the El Fideo Cartel wants revenge on Chloe storyline. It seems Ron forgot that portion of their history.

Did the show forget the "Belle in a coma and Marlena believes it's Brady's fault" storyline? There were times, like that storyline, when Marlena was justifiably angry at Brady and she communicated it to anyone who would listen. If I remember correctly she went behind John's back with Roman to try to get Brady arrested. Didn't she also give one of her patented Marlena slaps to Brady? Obviously, the two moved past it, but Marlena wasn't always patient, nor should she have been. I also think a major difference between Rachel and Chloe and Marlena and Brady is Brady was a 6-foot-something teenager. Yeah, still a kid in the grand sense of the world, but preteen (?) Rachel presents a very different threat to a boyfriend and girlfriend relationship than legal adult Brady presents to the marriage of John and Marlena.

Is Xander the new Philip? He exists to feud with every man on canvas. I like Xander vs. Brady a lot more than Xander vs. Alex.

St. Maggie? Didn't Maggie refuse to go through with the deal because Alex bribed an international government official with company money? Not wanting to be a part of easily traceable federal crime hardly makes someone a saint. I doubt Victor would allow such an, again, easily traceable crime to be committed on Titan's dime. Did I say this crime would be easily traceable enough times? Maggie hardly comes off as the unintelligent one in this scenario.

Yesterday with Wendy and today with Maggie we've had characters introduced more than halfway into the episode. I've always disliked when Soaps do that. I like to know who I'm watching for that day in the opening 5 minutes before the opening.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

Is Xander the new Philip? He exists to feud with every man on canvas. I like Xander vs. Brady a lot more than Xander vs. Alex.

I wonder when someone will remember that Xander shot Brady in the heart hence the need for Daniel to die so he could get his heart storyline.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

I wonder when someone will remember that Xander shot Brady in the heart hence the need for Daniel to die so he could get his heart storyline.

Well, at least Xander did SOME good!

Just imagine if we had Dr. Tan the Dan Man still roaming loose in olde Salem Towne.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
4 hours ago, nilyank said:

I think the stupid filming schedule that they stick to screws up any change in personality they decide to do. Xander is clearly a fan favorite - a lot more than anticipated - and now they have to try to make him redeemable, but all these things that he did when he was a low life keep coming up. Like what he did to Chloe with El Fideo. No way would she really forgive him, much less date him, but it looks like that is where they are going. The same thing happened with Ben and Ciara, so they had to figure out that those murders weren't really that bad or that he has repented. These writers aren't that good!

Since they already know now that they have been given two more seasons, why can't they slow down production, give everyone a six-month break, and come back and write stories with characters that work?

• Like 2
  • Applause 7

I thought today was pretty decent, except for Gwen and AlexBenOllie.  Gwen getting all huffy about "what qualifications does Maggie have" when Gwen blackmailed her dad to get the newspaper was pretty rich.  I doubt she'd ever read one before she ended up owning one.

And Alex...... except for the whole serial murderer thing, he might be a worse character than Ben was.  He's such a throwback to a 70's lounge lizard and it's not a good look.  

If only Xander hadn't been a homicidal, sadistic monster in the past, he'd be a perfect date for Chloe! 

Oh well, it's Salem, crap happens.

If there is or ever was a point to that letter from Victor to Caroline that Kayla keeps reading, it's lost on me.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3

Short show for me. Power outage for close to four hours from either a power pole or transformer that caught fire.

Brady mentioned Uber?

Xander was charming with what is he -  chopped haggis? Chloe won’t forgive him but at least she knows who he is and still can have a beer with him.

Missed most of Steve and Kayla and still don’t see a point to those letters.

Don’t care for the continuing saga of Steph.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Gwen accusing others of not having experience for their job is eye rolling.  She has experience doing what? 

Xander and Chloe were good until Brady showed up.  Xander wasn't wrong on the terror that is Rachel. Good for him for telling Brady. Brady parenting is what made her be this way. He thinks talking will get through to her. Lol. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I absolutely loved the Xander/Chloe scenes. They work well together. 

I skipped the Steve/Kayla stuff. I simply do not care lol.

Alex and Maggie just hating each other cracks me up.

I do like the Steve/Kayla stuff, but the rest, I completely agree with.

• Like 6

Brady is so pompous,  I hated when he told Xander that he would not know how to be a good Father...Xander was a very loving Father to Mickey.   Meanwhile, I am a Stayla Fan & just loved Steve & Kayla's happiness & love at being together again.  Steven & Mary Beth make Patch & Kayla a couple worth rooting for.

• Like 7
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, boes said:

I can't believe I forgot to bitch about the Baklava reference!   Hope acted like it was this mysterious, unknown delicacy that only supor-spies frum da ISA would know about when you can buy baklava off virtually every corner store counter in San Francisco and that's not because we're so "special".   I've got a tin of it on my kitchen counter right now, as I rant away.

Ron C. must have been brought up in a deep space nine barn and never released to think baklava is some sort of exotic treat.  (It IS good, I admit!)

OMG, same here.  I was shopping at Homegoods this past weekend and bought baklava as an impulse purchase.  

• Like 4
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, nilyank said:

I remember! Just another reason to love him!

5 hours ago, Artsda said:

Gwen accusing others of not having experience for their job is eye rolling.  She has experience doing what? 

Rolling with her retcons?

10 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I think the stupid filming schedule that they stick to screws up any change in personality they decide to do. Xander is clearly a fan favorite - a lot more than anticipated - and now they have to try to make him redeemable, but all these things that he did when he was a low life keep coming up. Like what he did to Chloe with El Fideo. No way would she really forgive him, much less date him, but it looks like that is where they are going.

Are they brushing it off?

16 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Yesterday with Wendy and today with Maggie we've had characters introduced more than halfway into the episode. I've always disliked when Soaps do that. I like to know who I'm watching for that day in the opening 5 minutes before the opening.

See I actually prefer that...more realistic.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Alex is not very likable I admit but Maggie’s hate for him seems like it something else.   Does he remind her of someone?   Is that she doesn’t like his mom ? I don’t think it’s just the ceo thing.  
   Kayla feeling sorry for Victor came out strange. I almost thought they were going to show flashbacks or will do a This is Us ending for Victor and Caroline. I was not watching at this time.  Was Shawn and Caroline presented as a solid loving couple.  Or was Shawn Caroline’s second choice and Victor her first love ?

would an Uber driver really pick up a child as young as Rachel ?

Edited by tribeca
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
13 hours ago, boes said:

If there is or ever was a point to that letter from Victor to Caroline that Kayla keeps reading, it's lost on me.

Right! I don't understand the point of it. And I really don't understand why Kayla was so teary reading it. I'll probably keep fast forwarding this stuff but I am curious about that damn letter lol.

• Like 5

Not much to say about today. I did like Chloe's line, "That's how you treat dirt, like dirt," and I've already added that to my repertoire of comebacks.

I'm not feeling Talia and Chanel.

I wish Eric and Jada had played some lingering romantic subtext between the two, but it seems that they are just dead, for now, as a potential pairing. 

I like Sloan, but I feel every scene of hers is a repeat. This story really needs to move forward. I also thought it seemed out of character that Sloan wouldn't press charges against Chanel for slapping her in public. I know Sloan and Nicole have gotten into slapping matches, but Sloan hasn't used the law against Nicole, yet, the way she uses it against Chanel and Paulina. There was also an entire town square of witnesses. 

I actually kinda liked what Leo was wearing today.

Edited by 4evaQuez
  • Like 4
13 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Brady is so pompous,  I hated when he told Xander that he would not know how to be a good Father...Xander was a very loving Father to Mickey.  

Who in fact was Rachel. I can't believe that they didn't bring that up once.

I think the Brady comment is a wink to the audience cause we know Xander will be a dad soon

4 hours ago, tribeca said:

Was Shawn and Caroline presented as a solid loving couple.  Or was Shawn Caroline’s second choice and Victor her first love ?

Absolutely they were. I always felt that Victor was more into Caroline than she was into him, and yeah he was kind of mysterious and exciting but she knew Shawn was the real deal

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, tribeca said:

Alex is not very likable I admit but Maggie’s hate for him seems like it something else.   Does he remind her of someone?   Is that she doesn’t like his mom ? I don’t think it’s just the ceo thing.  

I think it is the way he treats her as if he is so much better than him. She was tolerant of him when he was screwing Sloane on her couch and walking around naked. It is the patronizing 'AUNTIE' crap combined with going over her head to 'the man' in her life and doing deals that are potentially going to get the company in legal trouble without consulting her.  

And his whinging about her liking Xander better and forgiving him anything. Well, we don't forget that Xander literally broke into a jail, beat up some guards, and got into Maggie's cell in time to save her from hanging herself. That kind of thing would stick with you. She does owe him her life.

Alex just treats her like she is a dumb woman (but not young enough for him to screw so boring), talks down to her, and acts like he is the hottest employee at Titan. Eff him.

• Like 6
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Who in fact was Rachel. I can't believe that they didn't bring that up once.

I think the Brady comment is a wink to the audience cause we know Xander will be a dad soon

Absolutely they were. I always felt that Victor was more into Caroline than she was into him, and yeah he was kind of mysterious and exciting but she knew Shawn was the real deal

They like to whitewash the crimes of most characters on this show. At least most people hate Xander which is why he's a lot more tolerable than others on the show with similar crimes.

Caroline was the love of Victor's life but he was not her's. That was always constant and I liked that. Although watching old clips of Shawn during that Kimberly storyline where she talks about being molested really bothered me(granted different actor but still) he was a far better man than Victor.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
4 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Caroline was the love of Victor's life but he was not her's. 

Is this entirely true? When the show had that mini Victor/Caroline/Maggie love triangle, Victor chose Maggie. Victor never seemed to regret that decision. I think Victor truly loved Caroline, Kate, and Maggie. I agree with you that I'm not certain Caroline was as in love with Victor as he was with her, but I do think he moved on from that love.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Talia & Chanel are both pretty young women...they could make an interesting pair, I find Talia more interesting than bland Allie.   And who is the mysterious person in the bakery?  I dont think its Sloan, that would be too obvious.

• Like 5
47 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Is this entirely true? When the show had that mini Victor/Caroline/Maggie love triangle, Victor chose Maggie. Victor never seemed to regret that decision. I think Victor truly loved Caroline, Kate, and Maggie. I agree with you that I'm not certain Caroline was as in love with Victor as he was with her, but I do think he moved on from that love.

Victor accepted that his love for Caroline was unrequited. That never meant he was ever going to be celibate either. I think if Caroline wanted him back these women wouldn't be a factor. 

I do think in the end he really did love Maggie(even though I think Kate was a better match for him well DA's Kate at least).

• Like 3

Watched the other half of yesterday’s ep and today’s.

Why didn’t Xander tell Brady that he and Sarah were Rachel’s initial parents. For all his faults and being a bad boy/scoundrel, Xander treated Mickey as his own and would dote on his child and try to be better.

Sloan is too obvious to be the threat to Paulina and Chanel.

So Rafe gave the we can’t date because we are coworkers speech to Jada.

Xander plants one on Chloe to make Gwen jealous? At least Chloe slaps him. Maybe if it was Alex, he would be more smarmy. Telfer does bring a charm to Xander, so even if he is bad, there is still a twinkle in his eye and a boyishness.

Who has big hands at the end? Putting something into the dough or batter?

Edited by Frozendiva
Bring
  • Like 4
4 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Who has big hands at the end?

I thought the hands might be an older woman...maybe someone like Sloan's mother? ....who miraculously survived her fall, but had amnesia and/or was being held against her will. But recently she somehow escaped and/or regained her memory, and is now back for revenge towards her hubby's ex-mistress.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Jayda should not have been going through sloans apartment when she wasn’t home.  Nice super just letting people in.    Eric did not even look at the warrant.  Did she really have one?

There is zero proof that Sloan did anything.  
 The fight in the square looked dumb.  I hope channel paid for those flowers.   

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

Jayda should not have been going through sloans apartment when she wasn’t home.  Nice super just letting people in.    Eric did not even look at the warrant.  Did she really have one?

I know nothing about this particular aspect of the law, but wouldn't it seem like you have to show the warrant to the person who's property you're searching.  And making that huge mess was totally petty, spiteful behavior on Jada's part.  Don't know if Sloan could file a complaint with the department for harassment, but, if she can, she REALLY should.  They've been treating her like a criminal with ABSOLUTELY no evidence - unless you count Paulina's constant braying evidence.

The fight in the square was not only stupid but completely out of character for Sloan.   Normally, the Sloan we've all seen would have been busily collecting witness statements from all the random day players in the square regarding Chanel's assault on her rather than taking the bait and fighting back.   And yes, it WAS assault.  Chloe's slap of Xander was warranted - this was assault.

• Applause 2
20 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Victor accepted that his love for Caroline was unrequited. That never meant he was ever going to be celibate either. I think if Caroline wanted him back these women wouldn't be a factor. 

I do think in the end he really did love Maggie(even though I think Kate was a better match for him well DA's Kate at least).

No one said anything about celibacy, so I'm not certain where that came from.  Also was his love unrequited, I seem to remember Caroline being pissed at the end of the Victor/Maggie/Caroline storyline to the point of seeking revenge against Philip/Chloe/Daniel/Parker. I think Victor genuinely loved Caroline, but I also think he also moved on from that love with both Kate and Maggie. With both, I don't remember any pining from Victor regarding Caroline, and Victor chose Maggie over Caroline and never seemed to regret the choice.  

2 hours ago, tribeca said:

So far, Jada isn't Rafe, Bo, or Roman. We haven't seen her outright break the law to hide the crimes of a loved one or family member, so I don't think there's reason to believe she's lying. 

I genuinely hate Johnny, EJ, and Stefan. Not in a love-to-hate type way. In a way where I am wishing for a meteor to fall on the Dimera house and kill all of them. I wasn't even a Stefano fan, and I still feel endless empathy for him that those three are a part of his legacy.

Eric really is self-righteous.  He pulled a gun on Kristen when he believed she was responsible for his mom's latest death. Sloan has filed a series of lawsuits and restraining orders. Sloan is not the unhinged one in this pairing.

Johnny calls Sloan that "horrible woman." Yet he's Stefan's biggest defender, a man he hardly knows and barely interacts with. This is also the man who raped Abby, attempted to keep her mentally ill, helped her lock his Grandma Marlena in a room where she almost died of toxins, and was drugging his father just a few weeks ago. Sloan has filed a series of lawsuits and restraining orders. I wish Sami was around to shoot Johnny in the head as she did his father.

Is Ron about to write a city-wide rape storyline?

• Like 1
On 4/12/2023 at 9:26 AM, peachmangosteen said:

Right! I don't understand the point of it. And I really don't understand why Kayla was so teary reading it. I'll probably keep fast forwarding this stuff but I am curious about that damn letter lol.

Yes, I said pretty much the same thing. Why is she getting all teary-eyed and verklempt   reading this letter  about her cheating mother ? This makes no sense.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Is Ron about to write a city-wide rape storyline?

We call it rape. Days calls it "romantic chaos"

2 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Sloan has filed a series of lawsuits and restraining orders. 

Sing it!! Ludicrous to think she is trashing offices and leaving dumb notes. She is smart. She deserves better than Eric. Maybe she can have Xander for a bit? Palate cleanser after Benalex and Eeyore

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2

Does anyone else hear the jazzy music being played at the end of the show, over the credits?  Usually there is the same music, sounding dramatic, but today & several times last week, I heard jazzy music :)

• Like 1

After watching yesterday’s show with Chanel maybe moving on, we’re going to be tormented with an Allie return aren’t we? No one is truly gone with these comings and goings lately. 

• Sad 2
  • LOL 2
4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Maybe [Sloan] can have Xander for a bit? Palate cleanser after Benalex and Eeyore

I'm down. I still kinda want them to give Li/Sloan a go.

A part of me is like this is gross, Ron has such a non-consent fetish, etc. but at the same time I'm gonna enjoy it so ... 🤷‍♀️

• Like 3
8 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Yes, I said pretty much the same thing. Why is she getting all teary-eyed and verklempt   reading this letter  about her cheating mother ? This makes no sense.

Hear hear hear!  It makes zero sense Kayla would feel so moved about the contents in the letter when it involves betrayal of her beloved dad.  What kind of ridiculous nonsense is DOOL trying to pull here?!

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Scootman said:

Just to keep my "Who is drugged" scoreboard up to date, Melinda did eat the biscuit at the DiMansion, correct? So she wouldn't be to blame for letting Stefan party in her pants.

I don't think she did.  Stefan ate one but Melinda didn't, at least not that I saw.  Also, she seemed surprised by Stefan getting all horny on her.

• Useful 2

So Gabby gonna sleep with Li and have miracle child? 

Wendy was kissing Tripp and going on date with him yesterday, why she upset over Johnny?

Gabi is inviting Stefan to move in where?  Wendy's apartment?

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 5

The bakery sure was giving away huge sample biscuits. How does it stay in business?

Sloan, Sweet Bits is probably the nearest bakery instead of a grocery store. You don’t have to buy anything but others can.

So whatever went into the biscuits brings on hallucinations? Stronger than the legendary JJ donuts.

One would think that the DiMansion would have better soundproofing between upstairs rooms/suites so Melinda howling would not be noticeable.

The drug induces Johnny to propose to Chanel, Wendy is upset, Nicole sees Eric in his priestwear, Gabi sees Li as Stefan, Melinda is wondering what is going on. Stefan sees her as Gabi. Maybe the drug will take effect and she will see EJ as Stefan.Talia seems a bit unbothered.

• Like 3

This all is gross to me. Because these people will likely be screwing each other thinking they are other people, and...

THAT'S RAPE, RON!

But this is not new for him. He needs intense therapy.

• Like 5
  • Applause 8

I was watching this with my mom who doesn't know the show and she commented that this seems to be like GH and that the Dimeras are like the Quartermaines. Inwardly I thought of this board. It's definitely been noted by people about Ron's attempts to ABC-ize this show- it's been really apparent lately in all the corporate stuff that was never really a part of the show before. I mean, I'm actually enjoying the corporate shenanigans stuff because it makes NuEJ work so much better as a character, but yeah, the Dimeras were never the Quartermaines. LOL

4 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

This all is gross to me. Because these people will likely be screwing each other thinking they are other people, and...

You could have re-worked it so that it's like A MidSummer's Night Dream where everyone is under a love spell at first sight with the first person they see, but eh. Oh, well.

I did think it was funny that when Wendy first showed up she was this very jeans and converse type of gal but lately they've been dressing her in all these hot to trot outfits. I kind of enjoyed her black mini-skirt with argyle sweater vest- kind of felt Clueless-like.

But yeah, it's funny that Wendy is getting dressed like it's the summer while Johnny is wearing his big lumberjack flannel. Where are his cute little running outfits from a year ago? LOL

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 3
9 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

THAT'S RAPE, RON!

But this is not new for him. He needs intense therapy.

At least with JJ's Donuts nobody was violated we just got a few good laughs that he inadvertently stoned his mom and aunties + Nicole. 

This.. is not it.

• Like 4