Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

If you're allergic to Ben/Cin you may want to avoid the first half of this episode. It'll cause anaphylactic shock. 

Rolf apparently has a crush on Kayla.

For some reason, the John/Marlena moment and the Bo/Kayla moment felt underplayed and lackluster to me. I love Bo as a character but there's something about PR's performance that is quite inconsistent.

I'm not certain why VK played Ciara as annoyed when Ben was discussing Marlena/Kayla/Kate. At one point, she rolled her eyes when he mentioned her Aunt Kayla. She also talked about the women as if they were casual acquaintances she'd only met twice through Ben. Some very unfortunate acting choices from her.

Ben got more time to grieve Marlena than Eric and Brady. Maybe that's why John/Marlena was so underwhelming. The show is holding Marlena's gasps, coos, and awws for when she runs into Ben's arms. The Pier Part II

That and it seems to be the same plot for Jarlena as if they can't do anything else with them. Putting aside the fact I'm not a fan of theirs I do think they can do a lot more than these storylines. They could be more like Tom/Alice instead with character driven writing. However you need a writer that can do that.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

I'm not certain why VK played Ciara as annoyed when Ben was discussing Marlena/Kayla/Kate. At one point, she rolled her eyes when he mentioned her Aunt Kayla. She also talked about the women as if they were casual acquaintances she'd only met twice through Ben. Some very unfortunate acting choices from her.

I really think VK is just pissed that she has to listen to RSW's voice again in a scene. LOL

• LOL 16

Ciara is all about Ciara all the time. Wonder if anyone who interacts with both Ben and Alex will notice their similarity, right down to the facial hair. How convenient that Ciara is one week late and automatically assumes she is pregnant and didn’t just eat some bad fried food. Who is funding their boat trip and wardrobes? She is also quick to find her mom at the ISA headquarters, plus find her mom almost kissing her ex boyfriend. Uh, Ciara, maybe your mom is trying to get some info….

Rolf does seem to have a crush on Kayla. He likes her.

Another set! An airplane with windows!

Poor Bo wants to go but really has nowhere to go except the other side of the island or wherever he is. Good idea to knock out Megan and wander in the maze to find…. Kayla! And John finds Doc whose pod was empty earlier. Hmmmm.

• Like 3
21 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Thank you!!

Wow, they really DID put a lot of Mime Bo stuff in there!

26 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Who is funding their boat trip and wardrobes?

Her trust funds I'm so sure, like ohmigod you guys like whatever who cares? She has more than one and it's just like money, right, and isn't BEN more important than like personal integrity or whatever, right? Love first, work later! Or never. Gag! Who needs work? She can just be like CEO or something, who cares, she like, OWNS Salem, right? Yeah. Totally.

😡😤😓🤢🤮

• LOL 5
On 3/24/2023 at 10:20 AM, 4evaQuez said:

Rolf apparently has a crush on Kayla.

First Susan....now Kayla? Interesting tastes he's got.

On 3/24/2023 at 10:20 AM, 4evaQuez said:

The show is holding Marlena's gasps, coos, and awws for when she runs into Ben's arms. The Pier Part II

Can you imagine? (Don't!) 🤢

• LOL 5

Whoever let Ciara into a restricted area should be fired. I'm sure she probably played all her cards though - do you know who my Dad/Mom/Uncle/Grandpa/Husband is?

Her point is valid - this guy sucks - but Christ, girl. Your parents are cops and detectives and you think it's smart to interrupt a possible interrogation? 

I really hope Kayla has shoes.

I know we're lucky to be getting varied locations, but every room is unmistakenly that room with the 2 doors. For a big complex, couldn't they have redressed the hospital set? Give them more space to run around in?

So this Harris is the same Harris who was once taking bets about his ability to bang younger Eve? I totally missed that on Beyond Salem.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

So this Harris is the same Harris who was once taking bets about is ability to bang younger Eve? I totally missed that on Beyond Salem.

Yep, same character, same actor, only SB back then used moisturizer and hair gel

• LOL 6

Okaaaaay. I really missed that.

John: I thought I lost you....!!!

Doc: You should know by now, that's impossible...

Me: 😑

...death is real, Show. Stop trivializing it. It's insulting to your show and your viewers.

SN is doing great work. Everyone is better playing off him. You can see it in their eyes.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 5
  • Applause 5
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Yep, same character, same actor, only SB back then used moisturizer and hair gel

He'd have to be submerged for a week and even then he'd still look like a mummy who got unwrapped too soon and left out in the sun too long.

On 3/25/2023 at 8:15 AM, nilyank said:

Didn't he also crush Vivian? 

Nobody can crush Vivian.  She just reinflates like pool float.

• LOL 10

Too much Hope and Harris. The romantic underscore when they kissed was yuck.

I enjoyed the Bo and Kayla scenes. Bo is still clearly not himself. He was hilarious trying to get off the island and Kayla kept interrupting him.

I love Steve.

• Like 7
9 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

Ciara: (married to Ben) Harris is a Monster

Hope: He’s a changed man

Ciara: (married to Ben) He’s killed 3 people, do you want to be next?

We laugh because it’s so true!

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
3 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

We laugh because it’s so true!

Also, another spawn on the way of those two👹👺

Just now, Chellfairy said:

Also, another spawn on the way of those two👹👺

Oops forgot this 👔🎀

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
40 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

Ciara: (married to Ben) Harris is a Monster

Hope: He’s a changed man

Ciara: (married to Ben) He’s killed 3 people, do you want to be next?

I'm still a bit sick, so that unfortunately flew over my head! Thanks for pointing it out!

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 1
6 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm still a bit sick, so that unfortunately flew over my head! Thanks for pointing it out!

That is probably a good thing! If you caught it, you would probably end up in the emergency room!

Feel better ❤️🩹❤️

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Ciara, you were out of line talking to your mom. She is or was a trained police officer and ISA agent. Selfish little twat. Oh, and going on about your new baby when you are what, 6 weeks along? All about you, you, and thou.

Poor Roman is off to spread the goat’s ashes in Ireland? Eric will have a job for a few days. Yeah, don’t think Statesville will let Lucas has compassionate leave.

Doc, you are so lucky to have John, and that no matter how many times you’ve died, it doesn’t stick.

Enjoyed the brainwashed Bo deciding he did not like his old life and wants a new one. Kayla, not everyone will gush at a grandson. How big is that island so Steve just can’t yell Kayla’s name?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

When John discovered Marlena, all I could do was YAWN.  Their "big reunion" meant nothing.  Were we supposed to think it was just so romantic that Jawn was so busy gushing over Marlena that he just let Rolf walk away?  Yes, leave him on the loose so he can hurt/kill many other people because you need to act like a teenager.  What an idiot.

10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

..death is real, Show. Stop trivializing it. It's insulting to your show and your viewers.

This show is turning into a giant Roadrunner cartoon.  I'm wondering who's the most like Wile E. Coyote of the bunch.  What's next, someone'll go out on a rock point and it will break off sending them into a canyon (hopefully holding an oh-oh sign), maybe an actual train coming from a painted on train tunnel?

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 6
11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

..death is real, Show. Stop trivializing it. It's insulting to your show and your viewers.

Soaps used to respect hospital bed deaths or, you know, deaths in which people's organs were donated, but that all went out the window with Jack.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1

I still think Talia trashed Paulina's office. Something about her comes off as untrustworthy, and I don't really buy her story as to why she left medicine. She was also there when Sloan made her threat against Paulina and Chanel. I guess we'll see.

I was happy Chanel repeated her story. For some reason, it felt more clear today. I wish PW was still Chanel because I think she would have played it as if this story was more of a mystery. We'll have to ask if we could trust her Chanel, and I could see her Chanel and Sloan having a Sami vs Nicole or Sami vs Kate type rivalry. Current Chanel is too much of an ingenue/traditional heroine. This rivalry just feels there until they can find something else for Sloan/Chanel/Paulina to do. It feels like busywork and not an actual storyline with stakes and ebbs and flows.

I find the Nicole/EJ/Li/Stefan/Gabi storyline insultingly stupid. Like, I'm someone who gives Soap Opera stories a lot of grace, but this storyline is just inane. I feel GabI/Stefan would need to be 16 years old for this storyline to work and dependant on legal adults to get them hotel rooms, alcohol, and an excused absence to submit to their teachers for missing class. However, Gabi/Stefan are in their 30s/40s. They don't need Nicole and EJ to facilitate an affair for them.

1. How is an affair at the Salem Inn a secret? 85% of Salem lives in the Inn and the other 15% hang out in the town square outside the Inn.

2. Why does Stefan trust EJ? Their current storyline is the two trying to drug each other, and they both know they have been drugging each other. Stefan wouldn't even drink the beverage EJ handed him because of their current storyline. Stefan also knows EJ is aware of the clause regarding the Dimera shares if Gabi has an affair. This storyline only kinda works if Stefan isn't aware of the clause or he isn't aware EJ knows of the clause. He knows both. Stefan and Nicole don't have much of a history as to why he should trust Nicole, and he knows EJ can't stand Gabi. Also, I'm not even an evil mastermind, but I know not to accept a burner phone from someone who doesn't like me and wants to destroy me, hence them drugging me.

3. I feel the same way about Gabi. She knows EJ can't stand her. She and Nicole don't have much of a loving history between the two characters. As a matter of fact, their latest history together was antagonistic because of how Nicole left Rafe for Eric. Why is Gabi acting like a high schooler because Nicole got her a basic ass room at the Salem Inn? Ooooo rose petals? Isn't this the one-time CEO of a major conglomerate? I don't think she'll be so easily impressed. Also, are there cameras in the room? How are they going to prove a sexual affair took place unless they plan on having Li walk in on them?

This storyline is insulting because of how dumb it is, and it uses Nicole in a way I genuinely dislike.

I liked Sloan/Eric.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Li you can do better  

Stefan why are you acting so dumb?

channel just tells everyone everything.  You barely know this new girl.   You don’t need to tell her anything.  
What happened to Shawn ?  Why did he not report the break in?

Sloan to Eric Are you always such a downer.  Okay which one of you wrote that line?

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

Chanel, you should not be sharing things about your personal life and history with a person you have just met and know little about. Maybe your mom needs to teach you to be mindful of the unknowns about others and possible motives for coming your direction. Sloan could be using Talia to get to you. Or someone who knew her dad. Coworkers can be problematic. Baking is about chemistry so I suppose Talia could reverse engineer recipes. That does take time to get measurements right.

The store has the money in this day and age to just offer Gabi a new line? Will it be like the current cheap stuff made in China and drop shipped? How can a small town like Salem house two competing fashion lines or manufacturers?

Nicole and EJ, Stefan and Gabi are adults who can find a way to have an affair on their own. They don’t need your help and Ali can certainly walk in on them on his own time.

Sloan, Eric has been a downer for most of his life. The other part, a priest.

• Like 7
23 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I thought Paulina didn't want him to report it. But then she came in demanding Rafe/Jada do something so I was confused lol.

She totally told Shawn to do it on the downlow per Stephanie's request, then was braying at Rafe for not doing anything. Classic Paulina

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5

I was also confused by the time of day the vandalism occurred. Rafe and Jada kept asking Sloan about her alibi for last night, yet Talia discussed the argument Sloan had with Paulina earlier in the morning.

I would love an episode where Sloan/Melinda/Belle are at a bar and are commenting on the idiocy of their fellow Salemites. 

I hope the use of Melinda in this episode and the foreshadowing(?) of a potential role for her in Dimera Enterprises means the show is giving Melinda another opportunity as an actual character. I know her sister/daughter storyline failed horrifically, but I think the actress is good, and she could be a good antagonist. I wouldn't mind a chem test with her and Harris once he returns to Salem. Oddly, I actually could see Melinda and Shawn working in a Bo/Hope-type way with the more salt-of-the-earth male character and the more pampered and demanding female character. But then, I think I also just described Shawn and Belle so never mind.

I really don't like the idea of Jada/Rafe. It's sad that there are so few viable romantic interests for her.

At this point, I just want the Sloan/Paulina/Chanel storyline to end. This has not been the riveting television Ron believes it to be.

• Like 5

Actually Jada has a lot of potential love interests since she's not related to half of Salem but most of them are in pairings that the show refuses to separate(yet not write for them at the same time either) Shawn, EJ, Xander etc.

Speculation: What if Sloane's mother(who's not really dead) is the one who's vandalizing the office and screwing with Paulina/Chanel?

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Actually Jada has a lot of potential love interests since she's not related to half of Salem but most of them are in pairings that the show refuses to separate(yet not write for them at the same time either) Shawn, EJ, Xander etc.

Personality-wise and from what we've been shown of her character, I could only imagine Jada with Shawn of the men you mentioned. Of course, the show will do whatever it pleases, but Rafe, Eric, Shawn, and Rex when he's on canvas are the only men I can think of for Jada currently. Shawn is married. Eric and Jada already tried and don't seem to have any lingering feelings. Rex is on sporadically.

Maybe Brady and Jada. However, I wouldn't mind seeing a chem test for Rex and Jada if the show were to bring him on as a contract character. Those two seem like they could click and it brings in characters like Maggie, Sarah, Kate, and maybe some Eric/Rex tension. I doubt it'll happen, but it's what I would try if I could.

• Like 5
17 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Personality-wise and from what we've been shown of her character, I could only imagine Jada with Shawn of the men you mentioned. Of course, the show will do whatever it pleases, but Rafe, Eric, Shawn, and Rex when he's on canvas are the only men I can think of for Jada currently. Shawn is married. Eric and Jada already tried and don't seem to have any lingering feelings. Rex is on sporadically.

Maybe Brady and Jada. However, I wouldn't mind seeing a chem test for Rex and Jada if the show were to bring him on as a contract character. Those two seem like they could click and it brings in characters like Maggie, Sarah, Kate, and maybe some Eric/Rex tension. I doubt it'll happen, but it's what I would try if I could.

I rather have seen Shawn/Jada than Eric/Jada(this is if the show ever ended Shelle of course) just to see if there was something there chemistry wise.

• Like 2

Good, Nicole sucks lol. 

They need to stop the Nicole/Eric merry-go-round. It is so fucking tedious. 

I absolutely love Talia. That actress is a real find. She has chem with everyone and just such a great on screen presence. I'm trying to decide who I want them to pair her with lol. Honestly, maybe another new character. Perhaps Sloan's brother, who I still keep expecting to show up.

Everything with Sloan/Jada/Rafe was great. Jada makes Rafe watchable.

I loved the brief Sloan/Melinda scene as well. Those 2 have great chem.

I gasped when Melinda was in bed with Stefan. I could maybe be into Stefan/Melinda. And then Gabi/Li can get back together for real.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

I did like the semi PSA about panic attacks and that Talia helped Paulina work through hers. That might help a few people at home experiencing something similar. Not heavy handed and well done.

I got a kick out of Stefan and Melinda at the hotel room. Having Li walk in was funny. Innocent Gabi at home.

Nicole, wow, now you have Rafe and Jada hating you. Too early for you and EJ to celebrate anything as the plan went sideways.

Sloan, if you didn’t trash Paulina’s office, someone around you did. Your brother, not so dead mother or father. Funny that the police missed the letter addressed to Paulina Price (no postage).

• Like 7

Is Sloan mom really alive or y’all just guessing ?

todays show

Stefan smartened up just in time.  I totally missed something. No idea Melinda and Stefan are friends (?).  
  EJ your plan was horrible.   Do better. 
Nicole just refers to Rafe as her ex now.  That marriage really ruined their friendship. 
Eric your anger was a little scary today.  
So glad Sloan walked out of the police station.  Go home and have the best sex of your life.  
ETA

i think the letter at Paulina’s office was left after the police investigation 

Edited by tribeca
  • Like 6

@tribeca, I am just guessing that Sloan’s mom may not be dead. A brother has been mentioned, so it could be him. Maybe Sloan could have a split personality and she is doing it, but has no idea. Could be Talia who has just come from nowhere. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Stefan smartened up just in time.  I totally missed something. No idea Melinda and Stefan are friends (?).  

I suspected they were going to do this.   My only quibble is that I was really hoping he was on to them from the start and he and Gabi were plotting their strategy together.  I really disliked Stefan appearing to almost fall for it and Gabi needing it explained to her like she was kind of stupid.

This kind of cat and mouse, human interaction is why I watch soaps - don't want all the stupid sci-fi stuff.

• Like 7
9 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

absolutely love Talia. That actress is a real find. She has chem with everyone and just such a great on screen presence. I'm trying to decide who I want them to pair her with lol. Honestly, maybe another new character. Perhaps Sloan's brother, who I still keep expecting to show up.

They've been vague about her sexuality, although I kind of assumed she was supposed to be for Chanel. Then again, we're probably going to need her to go back to the hospital at some point which is only being run by poor Tripp so maybe they'll try with him. I did think the show was going to go back into the Johnny stuff with Chanel but it seems that storyline was only meant to usher off Allie.

I do think the Talia actress was a good find. She has a lot of sparkling charisma.

4 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Could be Talia who has just come from nowhere. 

Maybe Talia is lying about why she stopped practicing medicine and she lost it in a malpractice suit that Sloan handled?

9 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Everything with Sloan/Jada/Rafe was great. Jada makes Rafe watchable.

This is the first pairing in what- 17 years? of Rafe being on the show where I actually was rooting for Rafe in. They really do work well together. The line about eating crappy food in their respective sad single person homes was a nice bit of banter.

EJ being an idiot is funny. He really is Susan's son, isn't he?

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 3
  • LOL 3

This episode was not good. It seemed like there were entirely too many people featured.

I used to like Wendy but the Blond Bland Person/ Wendy /Even More Blond Bland Person triangle has erased any affection I used to have for the character. I'll let you decide which Blond Bland Person is which.

Rachel is just a monster. In 5 years, when she's 32, she is going to terrorize Salem.

I actually liked Xander's scenes with Chloe and Maggie today. I'm shocked and a little disgusted with myself.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
10 hours ago, tribeca said:

Is Sloan mom really alive or y’all just guessing ?

todays show

EJ your plan was horrible.   Do better. 
Nicole just refers to Rafe as her ex now.  That marriage really ruined their friendship. 
Eric your anger was a little scary today.  
So glad Sloan walked out of the police station.  Go home and have the best sex of your life.  
ETA

i think the letter at Paulina’s office was left after the police investigation 

I'm speculating.

However Stefan/Melinda had a brief flirtation but nothing came of it(this was back when Tyler and Melinda #1 were in the roles). I actually didn't mind TC's Stefan with everyone but Abigail.

• Like 4

I am guessing that falling off a building and splatting on the ground would pretty much kill Sloan's mother. There would be a funeral. I know I know. Jack splatted at the bottom of an elevator shaft and he "survived," but to me, it is more likely that the office messer upper is Sloan's brother.

• Like 5

I really enjoyed today's show, real human emotions & inter-actions.  Justin, in Father mode, had some great lines for his son, Alex(LOL, Alex saying that 'he has a face that other guys like to punch!), then I really like Maggie & Xander(Maggie & Paul work so well together, I like when he teased her about knowing an attractive red-haired woman), Xander & Chloe is an interesting match-up, Xander trying to become a better person but admitting he cut the article for petty reasons.  Gwen calling Leo "Matty-cakes" LOL, and then Leo saying he is going to give Xander a piece of his mind & Gwen says "What little there is left of it".  I liked the scenes between Rachel & her Mom...Kristen trying hard to be a 'good person"..Brady's scenes with Rachel also so good at expressing his fears(and Rachel having her fingers crossed behind her back).  I really like the actress who plays Wendy, she is so good with both Johnny & Tripp...more of these Human inter-actions please and less of the Sci-Fi "Dr Rolf revives Dead People" storylines.

• Like 5