Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

Chloe should feel lucky Rachael is Kristin’s daughter.  She could just act sweet to her face poison her icecream and framed Brady’s next girlfriend.  
  Gwen is a grown women.   Zander just leave Alex and Gwen alone.  
Paulina is acting a little nutty.   

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Time for Rachel to go to boarding school and get away from both parents. Maybe time with Mary Moira. Mom is toxic and dad just plays in to mom’s games. Chloe doesn’t hate the kid - just what she has turned into.

I would probably get stuck in that tub and worry it would leak into the below unit. I would add a railing and a couple steps. It is nice to see an older couple still bring some romance.

Xander, be wary of good deeds and treating people like humans. Your being decent to Chloe will come back to bite you. Gwen seeing you with her may bring out her nasty side.

Alex really is not all that. Chanel, you were hooped up on the hype.

Paulina, you may need to see a doctor.

Sloane, having a bunch of magazines and scissors on top of them doesn’t make you look less guilty.

• Like 6
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Isn't that book the same book they used for Marlena's journal yesterday?

Either way, reading a book in the bathtub? Looks nice in photos but is a huge mistake otherwise.

I read in the bathtub all the time.   It's fine as long as you don't drop it.  I used to have a rack but ended up getting rid of it.

What I thought was funny was that elaborately bound book was supposed to be Margaret Atwood.  Sorry, even if you bought a hardcover, it would be plain with a dust jacket.  No one publishes current novels like that.

I know we're all supposed to think Chloe is terrible, but all I could think was "What took you so long."   That is the most unlikeable kid they've ever had on this show.  And Brady is such an idiot that rather than give her consequences for acting like a complete brat he takes her out for ice cream.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Rachel is a first class brat, but a clever brat...getting Brady to "admit" that he forced her mother to write that letter.  

Just another example of how stupid Brady is - getting outsmarted by a child that age.

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

The hospital now has Dr. Tripp! I would be wondering why Chanel’s new staff member is a doctor who works in a bakery. At least he managed to calm down Paulina and that she did tell Abe she had a panic attack.

So Abe banned cop supervisor and employee dating? Jada needs to get out of Rafe’s orbit.

EJ is playing Li. Stefan and Melinda are trying to outplay Nicole and EJ? Sure, screaming while playing solitaire is fun. Nicole got an earful.

How did Stefan get a bed and dinner down to the wine cellar? Is the bed going to stay there so folks can drink and sleep? Please put in a nice bathroom with a big shower and maybe a sauna.

Tripp wants Wendy? She has a choice of bland #1 or #2. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I was laughing at the scene of Melinda Trask playing cards by herself while making "groaning, sexy sounds" :)  Stefan & Melinda are fun together

I'm really liking this new Melinda.  This show needs more fun and I like the way they're changing up some of the characters.

• Like 9
55 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

More proof that Nicole/AZ has never met a good hairstyle. What in the world was that lol?

I liked the hair she had when she was with JS's EJ. However otherwise yeah I agree.

• Like 1

How is a restraining order going to work when Salem only has about 3 public sets? I guess Paulina is going to teleport from her home to her trashed office for now own.

I had mixed feelings about the Eric/Abe scene. Overall, I liked them, and I, in theory, agreed with a lot of what Abe said. However, my issue is that I don't actually think the Abe/Eric relationship has been well defined. Abe's relationships with Roman/John/Marlena/Sami/Nicole are well-documented, but I felt empty when I heard Abe mention Eric's many losses. Has Abe been present for any of those losses? I don't even remember an Eric/Abe scene regarding Marlena's death, and has Abe been present as Eric's been spiraling? Granted, Roman and John have also been shockingly absent. I also found it odd that Abe would mention Chanel/Allie with no mention of Chanel/Johnny who was married. But then, he'll have to acknowledge Chanel's affair. I just hate when the show focuses on the quantity of time two characters have known each other rather than the quality of time. Eric knows Sloane and doesn't know Chanel. While Sloane isn't necessarily a trustworthy person, they've still connected more than he has with Chanel who flip-flops between his niece and nephew.

EJ acts like a 12-year-old.

Nicole has returned to that place where it feels like the show doesn't know what to do with her. This Stefan/Gabi/EJ situation feels beneath her.

God help me, but in the EJ/Nicole scenes today, I thought DF should have been a recast of Daniel Jonas.

• Like 2
On 4/4/2023 at 2:10 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Knew her...or knew of her?

I'd think if anyone'd had the good fortune to meet Paulina years ago they'd have warned Abe and everyone else in town to keep her out of Salem...or deafen themselves proactively.

God, Lani's heritage was the most complicated thing ever for no good reason. I wish I could say it was more interesting than she was but...nope. Neither were good. Thanks for the recap though, boes.

Paulina is Tamron's (Abe old love interest) younger sister. Tamron and Marlena were college roommates. When Paulina was a teen she spent a lot of time w/ looking up to Tamron and Marlena. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

Its Tamara not Tamron.

However regarding Eric/Abe you have a point about their relationship. Come to think of it I don't recall them interacting much even when Eric was a child. If it was Carrie or Sami that would have more weight tbh.

• Like 4
16 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I'm really liking this new Melinda.  This show needs more fun and I like the way they're changing up some of the characters.

Rafe is so much more fun now that he's allowed to be bitter towards Nicole.

• Like 7
57 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Today is Shawn Douglas's birthday I don't think anyone is going to acknowledge it.

They don't even acknowledge Shawn D so that would be a nope 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 5

Stefan, what made you think that furnishing the wine cellar was a great idea? Anyone can walk in on you - in search of wine. EJ was smart to bring his phone, take a video and send it to Li.

Sloan, Salem isn’t that big and half the town congregates around the Horton Square and Salem Inn. Your restraining order is problematic. I did like Eric fishing through the magazines to find evidence.

Abe, since when are you and Eric friends?

Paulina, your doctor will be putting you on meds for the panic attacks. Interesting that you got a threatening text right after Sloan left.

Wendy, which bland boy will you choose? At least Tripp has a job…..

• Like 6
29 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I did like Eric fishing through the magazines to find evidence.

I'm disappointed that he actually thought Sloan would be stupid enough to just leave evidence laying around in the open.  She's not.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4

I thought this episode was mostly terrible until we got to the Bo and Steve reveal at the end.

I don't think BB's Shawn looks anything like Bo. He's a spitting image of KA's Hope. It's almost uncanny to me how much they look alike for them to not be related in real life. He also acts nothing like Bo. The scenes with Megan were just pointless.

The Brady family dynamic is so confusing to me. Andrew told Harris that he barely knew Bo because he was raised in California. However, he seems to have pretty good relationships with Hope and Shawn.

Hope and Shawn still haven't talked to each other since Shawn had no idea she was in Greece or with Harris. I've never seen a firstborn be as unloved as Shawn is.

I despise Stephanie and Tripp. I could barely pay attention to Maggie and Alex. I'm not a fan of Kayla in general.

Hope and Harris show why Hope's pairings don't catch on outside of Bo. What's the point in investing when we know the inevitable reunion is around the corner for Bope. Also, I think KA really struggles with romantic chemistry outside of PR's Bo.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, 4evaQuez said:

I thought this episode was mostly terrible until we got to the Bo and Steve reveal at the end.

I don't think BB's Shawn looks anything like Bo. He's a spitting image of KA's Hope. It's almost uncanny to me how much they look alike for them to not be related in real life. He also acts nothing like Bo. The scenes with Megan were just pointless.

The Brady family dynamic is so confusing to me. Andrew told Harris that he barely knew Bo because he was raised in California. However, he seems to have pretty good relationships with Hope and Shawn.

Hope and Shawn still haven't talked to each other since Shawn had no idea she was in Greece or with Harris. I've never seen a firstborn be as unloved as Shawn is.

I despise Stephanie and Tripp. I could barely pay attention to Maggie and Alex. I'm not a fan of Kayla in general.

Hope and Harris show why Hope's pairings don't catch on outside of Bo. What's the point in investing when we know the inevitable reunion is around the corner for Bope. Also, I think KA really struggles with romantic chemistry outside of PR's Bo.

Bo is a better developed character than Hope in fact most of the male characters on this show are when it comes to love interests. Yet the women people can't imagine with others except Marlena and Sami. 

I did like Patrick/Hope for what they were even Hope/Aiden. Yet as you mentioned they were pitstops to Bo/Hope. Bo never had serious competition when it came to love interests for Hope. He was the default option every time and the dude tended to be villainized and never heard from again(Rafe the exception).

• Like 1

Gag!  Hope & Harris smooching just made me shudder.  They have no chemistry.  I did like Maggie shooting down Alex & his big "surprise", and that Greek policeman seems very cavalier about selling those prisms to whoever offers the most money.  I'm getting a kick out of Kayla figuring out a way to get out of that cabin.  Meanwhile, the ending was the best part of the show...  To my Fellow Posters:  enjoy a lovely & peaceful Holiday weekend!

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Stephanie and Tripp talking about Wendy... zzzzzz

Skipping Harris and Hope. What's the point? Everyone knows it's not going to happen 

Isn't Titan a publisher company? Why would it be dealing in medical research?

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
(edited)

Maggie ranting about a cop bribe? Victor had done far more than that and Titan was built on far more than that.   Let robo Bo return and take over.  She needs to go back to baking lemon bars. 

Also Victor's poor childhood home has a fully equipped some cellar?

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

It's a bit like the General Hospital plot where Stavros Cassadine transfers his obsession to Lulu because she's the "spitting image" of Laura. Sorry, but Emme Rylan and Genie Francis looked nothing alike save for both having blonde hair. Honestly, I don't think any of Genie's tv kids look like her, although Julie Marie Berman did really look like Luke. 

Edited by methodwriter85
20 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

It's a bit like the General Hospital plot where Stavros Cassadine transfers his obsession to Lulu because she's the "spitting image" of Laura. Sorry, but Emme Rylan and Genie Francis looked nothing alike save for both having blonde hair. Honestly, I don't think any of Genie's tv kids look like her, although Julie Marie Berman did really look like Luke. 

If you find the right image you can see a resemblance btw Genie Francis and Julie Marie Berman. But I thought she was a good mix of both of them. I agree with you about Emme Rylan 

So Dr. Rolf is traveling around with the magic prisms and now everyone wants them? Alex K. wants to bribe some low level cop for them? Why would Titan need them? The legend of the fountain of youth? Develop skincare!

The Kiriakis family home sure is in pretty good condition. No sheep, no bugs,  no anything. 

Bo disguises himself as Shane Donovan? Where did he get the fake badge/ID plus a British accent? Are the cops there that dumb? Steve got some plane and decided to go to Victor’s hometown? Why? Because of a Rolf sighting? Athens would be a more likely choice.

Nope to Hope and Harris.

Tripp cooked something for Stephanie? At least someone kept him in the loop that Kayla is actually alive. Steph has no business talking about Wendy until they are actually dating.

• Like 5

I’m catching up, watching every other episode.

I enjoyed the Stefan/Trask/Nicole scene. I like what they’re doing with the Trask character. It’s a nice change from her vindictive/bitter scenes. The actress can do a lot more.

I also liked the scenes between the baker/doctor and her sister cop. The actresses are good and it’s nice to see new characters without them having tons of old baggage from being on the show forever (ex. Brady).

I was watching the Trip/Paulina scenes. The actors seemed to enjoy being in the scene together ans I was hoping that they would rub their acting style off of each other, i.e., one toning it way down and the other playing livelier. Sadly, I think it’ll only happen in my head. 

Lastly for now, SB would die of a heart attack on the spot rather than go there, but I saw sparks between Andrew and Harris. 😜

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
10 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Lastly for now, SB would die of a heart attack on the spot rather than go there, but I saw sparks between Andrew and Harris.

Now that could have been interesting, but yeah, no way Steve Burton would go there. LMAO

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

Back again…

Why is the show dressing Wendy up in a tiny Barbie style summer dress but Johnny is wearing two layers of lumberjack wear? It wasn’t a good look. At least Tripp was in a one layer lumberjack outfit.

Li’s lavender sweater was very fetching, however.

Kayla is also in lumberjack wear but she’s been kidnapped, so I’ll allow it. It’s also a nice change from a hospital gown, a hospital coat or the multiple horrific a-line dresses the show has put her in.

Hope is back in curly hair - yeah! Wish she would be paired with another less stiff actor however.

I am enjoying CEO Maggie though, especially when she yells at Alex.

And OMG! PR playing Shane Donovan! 🤣 Good cliffhanger.

Maybe eventually, DOOL/Beyond Salem will merge into something fun?

• Like 6
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I thought JMB's Lulu looked just like Genie. 

• Like 3
On 4/8/2023 at 2:22 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

I thought JMB's Lulu looked just like Genie. 

I always thought she looked more like Luke, but at certain angles you could see Genie. The mouth and the eyes felt all Luke, though. I did think she was better resemblance in any event than Emme Rylan was, which made the whole Stavros plot dumb.

I wonder if this means that Megan, when she realizes her Youth Serum won't work, will try to implant Bo's personality into Shawn. The scene of her noting that Shawn looks like Bo (even though he doesn't, not Brandon Beemer's Shawn) has to mean something.

• Useful 4
5 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I wonder if this means that Megan, when she realizes her Youth Serum won't work, will try to implant Bo's personality into Shawn. The scene of her noting that Shawn looks like Bo (even though he doesn't, not Brandon Beemer's Shawn) has to mean something.

Ugh. I'm still not over Stevano. Can we please stop with this?

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I laughed at the stamp being placed above the state's name for Salem. I rewound and even paused but couldn't make out the name. It looked like it may have said Salem, Salem. I know others are much better at deciphering than I am.

This Bo return has to be one of the worst.

Kayla reading the letter reminded me of the Colleen Brady and Santo Dimera storyline from the late 2000s. I'm shocked the show didn't hire VK as a young Caroline and RSW as a young Victor to act out this love story.

I hate Tripp. Would it be rude if I hope his plane crashes? It's a Soap; he'll still be back in 5 months with little explanation as to why, but for a little while, I could at least dream.

I wish the show invested time into new Stephanie's relationship with Stayla before this storyline. I simply don't care about her turmoil regarding Kayla. 

Hope and Harris are boring.

I was rooting for Bo to stab Steve.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

I laughed at the stamp being placed above the state's name for Salem. I rewound and even paused but couldn't make out the name. It looked like it may have said Salem, Salem. I know others are much better at deciphering than I am.

This Bo return has to be one of the worst.

Kayla reading the letter reminded me of the Colleen Brady and Santo Dimera storyline from the late 2000s. I'm shocked the show didn't hire VK as a young Caroline and RSW as a young Victor to act out this love story.

I hate Tripp. Would it be rude if I hope his plane crashes? It's a Soap; he'll still be back in 5 months with little explanation as to why, but for a little while, I could at least dream.

I wish the show invested time into new Stephanie's relationship with Stayla before this storyline. I simply don't care about her turmoil regarding Kayla. 

Hope and Harris are boring.

I was rooting for Bo to stab Steve.

Nope I been wishing death on him since he put a knife to Kayla's throat for his psycho ass mammy. I still wish Claire set him on 🔥🔥

The VK/RSW thing I wouldn't put it past RC. He is nothing but a troll

12 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

Hope and Harris make me ill. It’s obvious that one reason why we have a brainwashed Bo is to push Horris as a couple. Because no way could Harris compete with Bo otherwise. Won’t work. 

I skipped them. Hated SB since GH. 

Dee putting no energy into her scenes with Chad. 

Robo Bo is blah

• Like 4

Chad is so pointless. He's  a Dimera not involved in his family plots. His first reaction to finding out 3 people who died are alive should be if anyone else could be alive. Like his wife. 

I think they need more flashbacks it would work better with Bo seeing his family. 

What's the point of the letter? 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

If they did act this out, would it have the bad accents a la Colleen and Santo?  🤣

• LOL 6
22 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

If they did act this out, would it have the bad accents a la Colleen and Santo?  🤣

Don't forget the bad wigs. Now, I love Ejami, but that was a lot of second-hand and third-hand embarrassment to watch.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

Hope was wearing an expensive dress. The restaurant stuff was cringey. Unless you are a tourist or family, there is no special dancing unless you pay for it.

Joey is in an accident and Stephanie whines that she has to go to take care of him? So Tripp, the only doctor at thr hospital, goes instead? Steph, you can work from Seattle for a few days.

The hypnosis thing was also cringeworthy. The ISA just couldn’t do a trace on Steve’s passport?

At least Wendy gets a break.

No idea what those letters are about.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2