Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

Maggie sure has a soft spot for Xander. Making him lemon bars! Telling him Sarah has moved on and so should he.

Justin had some good lines for his son, including not replacing sweet Stephanie with a sociopath. Guess the black eye will be what tells the two lookalikes apart.

Wendy seemed sooooo enthused to watch movies with Johnny. He barely had his arm around her.

Rachel will be Sami 2.0 when she grows up. How did she get to the prison? Time Brady acted like a parent to her and used some discipline.

I did like Leo’s sleep mask and nightwear. He sometimes does have good clothes.

Xandy seemed almost decent with Chloe. Yeah, he cut the gossip piece because he was petty. And Leo just has new gossip that is all about nothing.

• Like 5

Didn't mind the Xander/Chloe scenes, but please only go as far as a friendship at best. He has a lot of repenting to do to make up for what he did to her. 

Justin, you are married to Bonnie Lockhart, please put down the stones. 

Maggie, see Justin and repeat. You can't tear down Alex and then praise Xander in this situation.  

Leo, I still go back and forth with. Love the friendship with Gwen, hate the double crossing and going after Chloe. 

Love the call back with Stefan and Melinda. That first scene of theirs is at least 6-7yrs old now. Nice use of recent history.  

• Like 3
9 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

Maggie is infuriating. Gwen and Alex are terrible in her eyes, but She makes Xander lemon bars. Xander, who has done worse than Alex. 

I know you are right but I hate Alex and like Xander so I'm good with it

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 5
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

The characters are just like the viewers, care about past misdeeds when they hate the person and don't care when they like them. I'm fine with it, for the most part. (As always, Ben is a special case lol.)

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
5 hours ago, Elio Kukui said:

Sorry, but after all of the times that he's lied to and/or hurt her daughter, something's just got to give for Maggie.  But she still has herself firmly up the guy's rectum?  Really?

Fair. Her patience is selective and so is her outrage. But then again, Xander kept her from killing herself in jail (God, I can't believe Ron had her jailed!) and he's the man her daughter seems to be deeply in love with. I think Xander has been more good than bad these last few years, too. And Maggie's main trait has been "looking the other way" for Victor, so...maybe she's at a point now where she can't help but be softhearted to some.

Also, the show is smart enough to know we actually enjoy Xander LOL.

• Like 3
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

The characters are just like the viewers, care about past misdeeds when they hate the person and don't care when they like them. I'm fine with it, for the most part. (As always, Ben is a special case lol.)

It also helps my bias that on social media one ponces about posting half naked selfies and the other engages in intelligent discourse with fans 

10 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Didn't mind the Xander/Chloe scenes, but please only go as far as a friendship at best. He has a lot of repenting to do to make up for what he did to her. 

It would have made far more sense for the writers to remember that Xander was basically Rachel's father for the first year of her life and had him pull the story to protect her 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

I'm ready for Bo and Hope to reunite. I don't care about anything else regarding the two until they are together again. Mainly because everything else is so boring.

This episode had a lot of revelations, yet it still felt like filler. It was quite the choice to have Stephanie discover her mother is alive over the telephone. I think the actress is horrid, but I think that sets her up to fail. She literally has no one to play the emotional beats with which means she has to make even more awkward and distorted faces to try to sell the moment.

I started off really liking Meagan, and now she's almost as pathetic as Kristen. 

I don't get what the show is doing with Bo. I know he's under some type of mind control, brainwashing, or microchip; I'm actually not certain they explained what is going on with Bo. However, why is the show acting like Bo isn't a multi-millionaire? Bo's wife, Hope, is an heiress via her mother and his children have multi-million dollar trust funds via Victor. He is also the uncle of several multi-millionaires: Sami, Theresa, and Andrew, is Rex super rich? I'm not certain about Carrie, but I would imagine she's well off. He's also best friends with John and Marlena, multi-millionaires. I'm not even certain what this story is about.

The current stories regarding Victor feel like they're several months premature. If Victor were deceased, I could buy Maggie suddenly having to become CEO, and I could even buy Bo wanting to connect with the birth father he had a mostly contentious relationship. Bo and Kayla would even slip between discussing Victor in the past and present tenses.  As is, I'm just not buying this black sheep, I was never a Brady, I'm truly a Kiriakis storyline at the moment. That has not been my experience of Bo Brady since I started watching in the mid-90s. Hell, even the recast Bo never questioned his place in the Brady family, and that Bo seemed evil to me at times. (More the performer than the writing for the character).

Lastly, Stephanie said she could see Kate sacrificing herself to save Marlena and Kayla. I literally laughed out loud. Marlena is someone who would sacrifice herself for others. Kate is someone who would push Marlena in front of the bullet to save Kate and only Kate. Stephanie has entirely too much history with Kate to say something so foolish.

Edited by 4evaQuez
  • Like 7
  • LOL 1

LOVED Kayla and Bo today. It was some real brother sister stuff. Bo must be brainwashed. Can’t wait till he gets deprogrammed. He speaks like he has a brain injury. Hope is finally starting to show her age, but she had a good long run & I’m (still) jealous. 

• Like 4

Stephanie, Belle and Eric didn't immediately start screaming/crying/shaking upon learning their Moms were alive? I'm surprised.

"How is this possible?!?" Um...who TF cares? HUG YOUR MOTHER! (Also - this happens every other week in Salem, guys. Come on.)

Did they cut the moment Andrew formally introduced himself to Hope? Seems like a cool moment, first meetings and all that. But they seemed to cut to the hugs.

The Poppa! and Little Sweetness! shit needs to stop. Y'all are grown adults 🙄

I like seeing Victor's childhood home and all (nice set!) but...if this is all about Bo starting up a new company using sci fi logic...I just don't care...? This is as stupid as Philip's Alzheimer's cure storyline.

I eyeroll the exposition that stands in for actual footage every time. I hate this kind of stuff:

"BO! We went up a mountain and fought a dragon and built a boat and crossed three oceans and repelled that alien armada just to get here, and I'm only complaining and recapping now that we've walked through the front door!!"

😡 Terrible writing.

Hope's hair looks terrific today. Normal. Nice blouse too.

This faux outrage Bo is voicing about his past feels unearned. The "white-washed Brady crap" was actually kinda why people liked you, man.

I'm really confused by his story in general. Did his return really have to be this....edgy? Seems tired.

Nice to see Chad again. He was better in his scenes than Stephanie actually.

Shouldn't Steve also be asking about Kate's body? Cutting a deal with her before knowing everything she has to tell isn't wise.

Well...it was a decent episode and things moved along well but the weirdness is overwhelming.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Elio Kukui said:

While we're on Maggie . . .

Maggie: What is it about [Gwen] that makes men so stupid?!
Me: What is it about Xander that makes you so stupid?!

Sorry, but after all of the times that he's lied to and/or hurt her daughter, something's just got to give for Maggie.  But she still has herself firmly up the guy's rectum?  Really?

Saw a huge error during the Brady/Chloe scenes today, as well.  Roman supposedly left to spread (what he thinks are) Kate's ashes.  Yet I saw the urn on the counter in the background.  Must've been some kind of oversight.

The urn may not necessarily be an oversight. Some airlines would request a particular type of container for any ashes.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I don't get what the show is doing with Bo. I know he's under some type of mind control, brainwashing, or microchip; I'm actually not certain they explained what is going on with Bo. However, why is the show acting like Bo isn't a multi-millionaire? Bo's wife, Hope, is an heiress via her mother and his children have multi-million dollar trust funds via Victor. He is also the uncle of several multi-millionaires: Sami, Theresa, and Andrew, is Rex super rich? I'm not certain about Carrie, but I would imagine she's well off. He's also best friends with John and Marlena, multi-millionaires. I'm not even certain what this story is about.

Yeah, the whole thing is weird. I guess he's being programmed to have Victor-level ambitions? 

This is where that whole "they really don't write these Baby Boomers like the age they actually are" deal goes.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1
  • LOL 4
9 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Yup. Me, too. And, as I said before, Xander LITERALLY saved Maggie's life. So I GET her soft spot for him.

• Like 3
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, brisbydog said:

It would have made far more sense for the writers to remember that Xander was basically Rachel's father for the first year of her life and had him pull the story to protect her 

Wait, what? I do not remember this. I doubt the writers do either lol.

2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

The urn may not necessarily be an oversight. Some airlines would request a particular type of container for any ashes.

I'm pretty sure they showed Roman take the urn with him though.

I miss Hope's natural, curly hair. Boo! Oh well, I fast forwarded all her scenes with Harris anyway. I refuse to watch SB show and you won't make me!

The Stephanie actress is so bad. The character sucks but the actress being so bland doesn't help. I fast forward her too though so I guess I shouldn't complain.

I liked the Kayla and Bo scenes but I'm honestly already over this story.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, Elio Kukui said:

When Rachel was initially thought to have been baby Mickey, Xander helped Sarah raise her, claiming that he was her father. 

Oh, duh! I kept thinking about Xander and Holly when he had Nicole hostage and could not put together why he was ever raising Rachel lol.

I get Maggie hating Alex. He was a dick to her when she told him she was taking over Titan. Like real ageist/sexist vibes.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, Elio Kukui said:

I guess I don't care about that fact, because he cost two other women their own lives.  Maggie conveniently seems to have forgotten that Haley and Susan died in large part because of him.  (Don't care that Kristen and Ava may have physically done those.  Xander still got the ball rolling for both.)  At the very least, that should make him break even with her.

No, Kristen is responsible for Kristen, no matter the circumstances. (Ditto, Ava.) One could argue HER past bad deeds led to keeping her spawn from her, knowing what she was capable of. That's on HER, i.e. raping men, trying to kill Marlena a billion times, I could go on. (Demon Rachel is further proof that the kid was likely better off away from the likes of her.) She killed an innocent person when she was told the kid was "dead". Normal people grieve. She murdered a woman instead.

As for Maggie, SHE cares that she is alive thanks to Xander, obviously.

So, again, agree to disagree about her feelings for Xander. It makes sense to me.

But it occurs to me some feel badly for Kristen just as others excuse Xander, so it all comes down to personal feelings in the end, anyway.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

But it occurs to me some feel badly for Kristen just as others excuse Xander, so it all comes down to personal feelings in the end, anyway.

Yes there are a lot of people out there who just love her with Brady and don't care about how nasty the relationship is or how evil she remains on screen. Xander has been well behaved apart from the dumb Susan kidnapping that was weirdly played for laughs with the clown mask then tragic for EJ. If Xander ever dates Rachel then I'll go off him, but can't see the show going there, despite the Brady/Kristen thing being just that scenario 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, brisbydog said:

Yes there are a lot of people out there who just love her with Brady and don't care about how nasty the relationship is or how evil she remains on screen. Xander has been well behaved apart from the dumb Susan kidnapping that was weirdly played for laughs with the clown mask then tragic for EJ. If Xander ever dates Rachel then I'll go off him, but can't see the show going there, despite the Brady/Kristen thing being just that scenario 

Eeeeek! Don't put it out there. You know Ron would do it! 😋

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

it occurs to me some feel badly for Kristen

1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

there are a lot of people out there who just love her with Brady and don't care about how nasty the relationship is or how evil she remains on screen.

👂

*coughs pointedly*

• LOL 4

So Bo takes Kayla to this crappy house that used to be Victor’s boyhood home? It looked more US than Greek. And she is sitting on the couch that is covered with a sheet that is probably filled with mice droppings and insects like spiders and covered in dust?

Doc is back home to two of her petty, fighting children, er middle aged adults? Sami is over the moon that she is alive?

The ISA hasn’t searched the island to find Kate? Did she end up on another boat and is cruising the Med?

Megan wants to spend 20 years at Statesville? She still hasn’t revealed that the mystery person is Bo Brady?

Steph, whatever are you going to do now that your mom is alive? She seems so low energy and lifeless. 

Kayla may be a medical doctor but she does not have Rolf’s physics and whatever mad scientist brainpower. That orchid is not that hardy and would need to travel in a special case and not look like a silk one you get at Homesense or Homegoods.

• Like 7
(edited)
7 hours ago, Elio Kukui said:

Not I.  I'm just willing to show the objectivity that others apparently aren't.

Isn't it wonderful that this board lets all of us express our feelings and thoughts without any fear of judgement from others as to their objective worth?  I'm not a fan of judging others for their feelings and I'm happy to belong to a website where that isn't encouraged.

Now, as for Show....Objectivity?  Seriously?  In that case, it would all be filmed from inside the State Penitentiary with occasional scenes with visitors at food trucks outside and a permanent staff of onsite reporters from the National Inquirer and that'd be about it.

Count me in the utterly gleeful "others apparently aren't" category.

Show isn't a docu-drama on the private lives of the 12 Apostles and those who loved them.   At least, I hope not.

Edited by boes
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I'm ready for Bo and Hope to reunite. I don't care about anything else regarding the two until they are together again. Mainly because everything else is so boring.

This episode had a lot of revelations, yet it still felt like filler. It was quite the choice to have Stephanie discover her mother is alive over the telephone. I think the actress is horrid, but I think that sets her up to fail. She literally has no one to play the emotional beats with which means she has to make even more awkward and distorted faces to try to sell the moment.

I started off really liking Meagan, and now she's almost as pathetic as Kristen. 

The current stories regarding Victor feel like they're several months premature. If Victor were deceased, I could buy Maggie suddenly having to become CEO, and I could even buy Bo wanting to connect with the birth father he had a mostly contentious relationship. Bo and Kayla would even slip between discussing Victor in the past and present tenses.  As is, I'm just not buying this black sheep, I was never a Brady, I'm truly a Kiriakis storyline at the moment. That has not been my experience of Bo Brady since I started watching in the mid-90s. Hell, even the recast Bo never questioned his place in the Brady family, and that Bo seemed evil to me at times. (More the performer than the writing for the character).

Lastly, Stephanie said she could see Kate sacrificing herself to save Marlena and Kayla. I literally laughed out loud. Marlena is someone who would sacrifice herself for others. Kate is someone who would push Marlena in front of the bullet to save Kate and only Kate. Stephanie has entirely too much history with Kate to say something so foolish.

When Bo discovered Victor was his Father in 1986 (great reveal btw) Bo was the black sheep of The family,  Shawn had always favored Roman& Bo was always trying to make Shawn Proud.  When the reveal happened,  Kim wasn’t sure if Andrew was Shane or Victors & Victor was gunning for the baby , he also was trying to destroy Shawn’s Business so Caroline would Turn to him.

Bo made a bargain with  Victor to live in his home & he’d acknowledge him as his Father.  But Bo was working with Shane secretly to take Victor down,  but in time Victors praise of Bo started to shift his opinion & he started to scare Hope because he was defending Victor & covering up some of his crimes , something Bo would never do.  In 87 to tie up Bo & Hope’s story, Victor sacrificed his relationship with Bo & faked tests to say he couldn’t be Bo’s Father, he knew deep down his son  wanted to be a Brady & he wanted Bo to be Happy. 

Then 1990 happened & Victor was ruthless as ever & changed his mind. 

I have this storyline on my tik tok page , they should show some of these scenes on the current show in context to Bo’s behavior.   

There is an amazing scene between Alice & Bo where she tells him exactly who he is ,  it’s a beautiful scene. 

Regarding the current storyline, I’m not sure if it’s Peter’s acting choice, but his dialogue is very stilted,  if it’s an acting choice for the character then I can possibly see what he’s doing …

I love seeing Kristian/Hope, and speaking of Hope , she was always onto Megan’s “nice act” so I’m hoping they hone in on old School Hope’s determination & detective skills. 

Edited by Mckinnonsgirl
  • Like 7
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Elio Kukui said:

I think that it's intentional.  Bo's fought off most of Megan's brainwashing, but some of it clearly remains.  He's still not fully himself, and I think Peter's trying to portray that.

I was thinking the same thing!!

• Like 6

I kinda like Kiriakas Bo he may fill Victor shoes if this brainwash sticks. 

So Megan wants Statesville, she'll end up with her sister sharing a cell. 

Victor's Greek house  looks like  that apartment Stefano  chip -Steve had. 

Chad really needs a better story than Stephanie. 

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Artsda said:

Chad really needs a better story than Stephanie

I still maintain that Chad having a bisexual awakening with Sonny would have been a really good story. Billy Flynn and Zac Tinker totally could have pulled it off. I know I wasn't the only person getting vibes with them.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
On 3/31/2023 at 4:32 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Yup. Me, too. And, as I said before, Xander LITERALLY saved Maggie's life. So I GET her soft spot for him.

Having a soft spot is one thing, but the blatant hypocrisy was ridonkulous! She actually stood there and acted like Alex was insane/disloyal to get together with someone like Gwen and she was saying it to Xander who’s basically become Gwen’s number 2 cheerleader. To prove my point, he then defended Gwen after Maggie’s rant about her. I guess if Gwen cared about getting in Maggie’s good graces she could just save her life then she too could get unlimited baked goods and a blasé attitude even when she hurts Maggie’s family.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I still maintain that Chad having a bisexual awakening with Sonny would have been a really good story. Billy Flynn and Zac Tinker totally could have pulled it off. I know I wasn't the only person getting vibes with them.

Should have just left Abby alive and had her, Chad, and their kids follow Jack/Jen out of town since it is clear the show has absolutely no idea what to do with Billy Flynn/Chad since Abby's murder.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Should have just left Abby alive and had her, Chad, and their kids follow Jack/Jen out of town since it is clear the show has absolutely no idea what to do with Billy Flynn/Chad since Abby's murder.

I have to agree with this.  I normally don't agree with one half of the pairing be stuck in limbo while the other half of the pairing is offscreen for whatever reason. However if you have no idea what to do with the character at all beyond filler then write them off the show. There are too many characters on this show that aren't needed and they could focus on the characters they are interested in and want to write for.

• Like 8

I’ve been trying to get into the DOOL/Beyond Salem new show and I’m having a hard time.

I think the clothing has improved - yeah! I don’t mind a different Bo, and a livelier Hope but I can’t stand Ciara/Ben. I like Eric/Sloan now that they’re doing other things than have sex 24hrs/day. The new doctor/pastry maker is a good new young actress, but the geriatric “action heroes” and Stephanie/Chad, are hard to watch.

I just can’t find a character I want to root for, or a storyline I’m interested in.

Everything is either repetitive or ridiculous. I love escapism, but not to the point of ridiculousness.

I’ll give the show a few more weeks to see.

• Like 4

Harris/Andrew was boring.

Steve seems like he doesn't like Stephanie.

I liked that Brady didn't think he was looking at Marlena. In Salem, she could have been Hattie, a clone, resurrected by the Devil to commit crimes, Kristen in a mask, or Sam back from the dead who believes it's still the 80s and Brady is Roman.  How sad yet awesome that all of these storylines have happened/been referenced on Days recently.

I'm not certain what they're doing with this Hope/Bo reunion, but I'm ready for forward movement in their interactions.

Why has Hope still not seen Shawn on screen?

• Like 3

Is Shawn supposed to be working with the ISA now?

I totally lost track of his career. He was with DiMera in Japan (I think?) for years because Belle was part of their legal team. I have zero clue how she justified that, considering what Stefano/Kristen/etc have done to her family over the years...was it out of loyalty to Chad? Did they even ever bother to explain it?

Point being, Shawn would pop into town a work at the cop shop like it was a temp job whenever it suited him. Last I remember, he was still doing that but he's been gone since the latest Jan Spears garbage...right?

Perfectly fine episode, I guess, but boy is Stephanie not connecting to her character. Not that, as written, she has much of one. But he reaction to her mother being alive was mild, to say the least. Good thing Chad was there, to raise the energy a bit. Missed him. He can act.

It seems like they're really trying to Harris viable long-term. I didn't mind it, at first, until I realized he's getting Aiden-ed, essentially, without the months of romantic build-up coming first.

Obviously, he'll lose out to Bo and I guess that's his purpose, but it's ludicrous here that Hope would even consider "taking it slow" or whatever with a guy who - brainwashed or not - was trying to kill her. And we never saw her courtship with him - which was also just her faking it to get close to a suspect, right? - so I don't see where I'm supposed to care.

Unlike many of you, though, I don't hate the actor, and it is nice seeing a veteran soap actor on the show over some unknown person (unless he's scummy for some reason I'm unaware of, feel free to let me know). Anyway, Hope....don't date him.

And Andrew! Dude! Don't release him either!?! OR Megan! Can we please try to keep criminals behind bars for a change?

Nice twist of Megan blaming it all on Thomas...but I love Eileen's Banks characters a lot (shocking disclosure, I know!) and I don't want to see Thomas turned into some narrative prop for Ron to rewrite as he sees fit. Yes, he was a bad dude, but a very under-the-radar, low-rent bad dude...not some major assassin.

I almost felt sorry for Megan having wasted so much time saving a man who didn't love her back...until I realized this entire plot is nonsense, she's been dead for 30 years and is trying to use a flower to turn them into 16 year olds or something idiotic. Hey, at least this actress has some chops, though.

RoboMar (do we still call her that?) seemed about as enthused as she is capable of these days. I know Deidre's over all this shit, but a little more warmth would really help sell the fact that her character is seeing Brady, her adopted son, again when she nearly died twice. Where was the affection?

EM was quite good showing Brady's surprise and emotion. I liked the assumption about her being Hattie, which was warranted.

Anyone notice how Drake wrapped his arm around his "son"? I don't know if they wrote that into the script, but I'll bet he improvised it. Eric M also reached out to touch Marlena at the end of their scene...but the whole time I just kept looking to see what Deidre would do to express her character's relief upon being reunited with her child and....nothing. She kept her hands to herself largely, and spoke coldly about being back. Her acting choices...just stand out in a negative way. Like she's saying "I'm doing the lines, I'm giving 50% and I'm also letting you know I am not giving any more than that. This is all you get from me." To hear her speak about the show, she loves it and will never leave...but then I see her perform and I...I don't get it. Having an off-day is fine but she's so...robotic and it's consistently coming across that way. I definitely remember the 90s and all her tears and sighs and sobs after every little conflict was resolved. Where did all of that passion go?

I wonder if she harbors some resentment towards her gig or the producers or writers or something. It just seems like she's over it and communicating that through her work on screen.

...just me?

Drake has carried so much of this story and I'm more fond of him now than I was a decade ago, when John was being such an ass towards Doc and Brady because of the Bristen affair. I wouldn't have cared then if he left for real, but I'm so glad he seems to be enjoying his work and remains connected to it.

23 hours ago, Desperado said:

I just can’t find a character I want to root for, or a storyline I’m interested in.

Everything is either repetitive or ridiculous. I love escapism, but not to the point of ridiculousness.

I’ll give the show a few more weeks to see.

You are not alone my friend. These last few days of watching have been the first for me in many, many months. I needed to step away, as it was making me unhappy to watch the show. It's hard to see a show with good actors, decent budget and plenty of potential get mired down in cringe-worthy nonsense most of the time. If you need to take a break, take one.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
40 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Is Shawn supposed to be working with the ISA now?

I totally lost track of his career. He was with DiMera in Japan (I think?) for years because Belle was part of their legal team. I have zero clue how she justified that, considering what Stefano/Kristen/etc have done to her family over the years...was it out of loyalty to Chad? Did they even ever bother to explain it?

Point being, Shawn would pop into town a work at the cop shop like it was a temp job whenever it suited him. Last I remember, he was still doing that but he's been gone since the latest Jan Spears garbage...right?

Shawn has worked for the Salem PD for while again. He's mostly shown sitting at the desk as Jada and Rafe perform detective work, but he was on the scene at Paulina's office when it was trashed.

However, working at the ISA shouldn't matter. We saw Ciara walk into the room with Harris and Hope and have an extended stay and conversation. There's no reason why Hope wouldn't talk to Shawn, especially since I'm not certain if he knows where she is. He had some dialogue about not speaking to her in months, and Hope didn't even know Marlena, Kayla, and Kate died, so it implies she hasn't talked to him in months.

• Like 4

DisneyBoy:  Steve Burton was fired from GH for refusing to get the Covid Vaccine that was required of all GH employees...which makes me go "Hmmm", also I think his acting is so wooden, I just cant get into his character.   I, too, enjoy Drake's acting, I noticed his hand on Brady's back..Drake is good in his scenes with family members.  And I agree about Deidre...she used to be more animated in her acting.

• Like 6
7 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Steve seems like he doesn't like Stephanie.

Can you blame him?

2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Unlike many of you, though, I don't hate [Steve Burton], and it is nice seeing a veteran soap actor on the show over some unknown person (unless he's scummy for some reason I'm unaware of, feel free to let me know).

Oh, there are many reasons lol.

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

Thanks Buck - I get it a bit better now. I guess I respected him somewhat as a player from another team (GL) but....yeah. Safety first! I'm still annoyed with Camilla getting up in John Aniston's face in a scene when the man obviously needed to be protected.

3 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

He had some dialogue about not speaking to her in months, and Hope didn't even know Marlena, Kayla, and Kate died, so it implies she hasn't talked to him in months.

Wow. Good catch! That's pathetic though. She hasn't been undercover in a year and he still doesn't talk to his mama?

The good guys on this show are always so shafted. Tripp, Lucas, Shawn D, Roman, Steve...

• Like 9

So Megan gives the name Thomas Banks? Guess the real person would be more of a shock.

Stephanie, it did not dawn on you to maybe put the phone to speakerphone so you could hear the conversation without your hair in the way?

The Harris guy is free to go, just like that?

Bo, if Victor’s old house does not have great cell service, the call would not go through.

I get Brady thinking Marlena was Hattie. I also would have looked for a Kristin mask.

Greece is a big country. Where to start?

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
5 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Stephanie, it did not dawn on you to maybe put the phone to speakerphone so you could hear the conversation without your hair in the way?

I know it's standard soap trope, but when someone is missing WHY can't the first words out of the person they made contact with be "Where are you?"  They wasted most of the phone call/decent reception on background filler.  

This episode seemed really flat to me - maybe because Harris and Andrew don't play off of each other well.  I like the Megan actor.  Seems like a real shame that she's written so pathetically.

• Like 7

Megan could be a good villain without the making of the fountain of youth serum to turn her and Bo back into 16 year olds. He probably still would have chosen Hope and his other life path. She could not be as cartoonish as Kristen.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Bathtub! We've got a bathtub! And a bathroom!

Isn't that book the same book they used for Marlena's journal yesterday?

Either way, reading a book in the bathtub? Looks nice in photos but is a huge mistake otherwise.

Ok, I legit LOLed at him falling in! 😄 There goes the book.

I completely forgot Xander and Chanel were married.

Momma didn't need to get worked up onto a frenzy, Chanel. That's her default.

Paulina, if it had Sloane's fingerprints all of it....maybe put it in a bag you moron.

Wait what...?? Paulina knew Marlena before Eric was a twinkle in his father's eye? Huh? Didn't they only meet three years ago?

Hellooooo Rrrrachel! 😲😲😲

You guys were NOT kidding! Yowsa.

Look, I know they're great-grandparents and all, but Jarlena are 🔥🔥🔥🔥 today.

Chanel is amazing for saying Alex doesn't live up to the hype. Ha! Hit him again Xander!!

His abs look stupid. Really. I really don't get it.

The sound levels are all over the place these days....what's up with that?

Another decent episode.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Wait what...?? Paulina knew Marlena before Eric was a twinkle in his father's eye? Huh? Didn't they only meet three years ago?

Early days, when whatshername, the cop who married Eli came to town, it turned out that Marlena and her mother-who-is-really-her-aunt-whose-name-I-can't-remember-either-but-is-Paulina's-sister-who-raised-said-cop-child went to college together, and Paulina knew Marlena through her.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

Knew her...or knew of her?

I'd think if anyone'd had the good fortune to meet Paulina years ago they'd have warned Abe and everyone else in town to keep her out of Salem...or deafen themselves proactively.

God, Lani's heritage was the most complicated thing ever for no good reason. I wish I could say it was more interesting than she was but...nope. Neither were good. Thanks for the recap though, boes.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Chanel is amazing for saying Alex doesn't live up to the hype. 

She said he did live up to the hype.

The sound levels are all over the place these days....what's up with that?

It's been like that for weeks. It's super annoying and I don't understand how it's happening.

Today's episode was great. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Knew her...or knew of her?

I'd think if anyone'd had the good fortune to meet Paulina years ago they'd have warned Abe and everyone else in town to keep her out of Salem...or deafen themselves proactively.

God, Lani's heritage was the most complicated thing ever for no good reason. I wish I could say it was more interesting than she was but...nope. Neither were good. Thanks for the recap though, boes.

It was all for nothing and I say this as someone that didn't want Abe stuck with Lani(even though it was one of the few retcons that actually made sense on this show).

• Like 4