Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

Chekhov's Doll came out of nowhere. Doc kept it for over 20 years? Not really mentioning it and boom, now it is on the mantle? She would be lucky to find it in her condo storage locker. Dusty too. Wonder if It will start talking soon. Has to be a use for it.

• Love 2
On 11/20/2022 at 12:27 PM, tribeca said:

Susan being able to read peoples minds is a little freaky. 

Susan can read minds now? When did she become Sookie Stackhouse?

On 11/22/2022 at 9:55 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I've been seeing it as Charlie representing Ava's bad side. The side of her that wants to hurt people for revenge and shit. He's the devil on her shoulder.

Or he represents the viewers who are rooting for Ava to kill most of the Salemites and end this shitshow.🤔

• Applause 1
  • LOL 4

Marlena only got the doll from Susan when SH started playing the part. Susan brought it to the wedding, the one that went down in the Horton Square, I believe, as a gift.

I like the callback.

30 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Susan can read minds now? When did she become Sookie Stackhouse?

I don't like this. Ron obviously wanted Celeste, couldn't have her, and settled for this. It's ridiculous. Susan thought the REAL ELVIS impregnated her, let us not forget. For her to suddenly have strong, reliable psychic powers is a heck of a stretch. And unlike Caroline's, they weren't even triggered by anything.

15 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

My sister was like, 'I'm telling you, Susan is in that doll.' It's Ron, so totally possible lol.

Oh Christ. She might be right! And....I both hate...and enjoy the sheer stupidity of that idea! Yikes.

Passions here we come?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I am positive it will be speaking in Susan's voice and helping to get to the bottom of the accident. Maybe the doll and Duke could have been friends.

The doll can hook up with Chuckie and go on a rampage.

• LOL 8

Josh Ryan Evans really made Timmy fun. He had a likability to him that shone through. I also thought he was great on Ally McBeal.

...wow, so according to the internet, "the actor died of a congenital heart defect the very day his character Timmy died on the show."

😲

I'm so glad he got to win two SOD Awards before that happened.

He was the only mildly redeemable thing about that entire show, IMHO.

(RIP AW)

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Although people might have liked Timmy the living doll from Passions, I thought it was dumb. I did like how Spike and Buffy's mom bonded over that show.  Too funny!

Awww...I loved Timmy, the real doll, on Passions, he & Tabitha made the show fun :) Susan Banks would have fit right in Harmony :)

• Like 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Although people might have liked Timmy the living doll from Passions, I thought it was dumb. I did like how Spike and Buffy's mom bonded over that show.  Too funny!

Spike had the most random taste in TV shows he also watched Dawson's Creek as well. Even though I preferred Evil Spike I did grow to like the calmer Spike(just not with Buffy because I think their past history shouldn't have gone there but that's another discussion). I also preferred him with Dru.

Back to Days Ron has an obsession with JER plots and in the 90s it worked because JER understood pacing, had a better budget and there at least was some level of humanity involved in his storylines despite how absurd they were. I don't get any of that with Ron.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Angry, bitterly resentful Rafe is probably the most I've liked him. He's been such a bland Ken Doll most of the time that it's nice to see him do something different. I thought his scene commiserating with EJ was nicely done. Also, DF looks far more attractive in simple clothes and his hair mussed up than he ever did in the Hallmark prince look they gave him at the beginning.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2

Sarah running around chasing cockroaches in that crappy cabin reminds me of the excellent but creepy, movie "Bug" with Michael Shannon and Ashley Judd.

The way Gwen was talking about Chad, it made me wonder if they're going to wind up together.

That curvy road sign that EJ and Ava are standing in front of doesn't look like it's a real road sing.  It's too far from the road, and it's on the wrong side.

If Jack spent Thanksgiving in New York, who made the turkey Jack wanted a sandwich made from?

I guess Gwen still loves Xander.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

Mike and Nancy are a couple now? Pass.

Yeah I agree its like hey let's ignore past history and not deal with it at all onscreen and throw these people together since we have no idea what to do with them. At least Mike is a decent man so Nancy could've done a lot worse but there should've been more of a story to this if they were going to pair them.

Course I rather they not have split Craig/Nancy to begin with as they were fine just the way they were.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

Mike and Nancy are a couple now? Pass.

Nothing about Mike and Nancy makes any sense given their history.  How did their mutual loathing turn into a romance? 

Ron is just trolling us at this point with his atrocious writing..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Applause 5
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I felt like it was obvious they were gonna put Nancy and Mike together in that brief scene they had. Although, I did not expect them to both vanish then and for it to all happen off screen lol.

And that's the problem.  Nothing in their past is insurmountable on a soap, especially since it happened decades ago.  But to have it happen off screen?  Nope.

• Love 6

I remember Craig and Nancy scheming at the hospital. It would be quite the turnaround for Nancy and Mike to date each other. I could see a dinner out but that is it.

So Ava escaped from the car? If no bone fragments or any sort of dental stuff is found at the crash site, it is likely Susan Banks is alive. Someone should find the bullet on the ground.

Sarah, you were so close to getting the truth out of Xander. Til angel Gwen came up with a fake website for the fake company.

Guess Julie must have cooked a turkey since there are leftovers.

Not hugely interested in Stephanie and Alex.

• Love 5

As one that liked Xander/Sarah, just free Sarah from Xander now. It's beyond clear that Sarah will be the loser in this little threesome with Gross Gwen, and I think Sarah deserves better. This shitty story clearly shows Sarah will be painted as the shrew wife, who dares not to condone her hubby's latest criminal actions that may have resulted in the DEATH OF ANOTHER PERSON (even if that person is Stupid Susan!), and Gwen can open her understanding arms...

Fuck. That. Noise.

Let the two slugs revel in their idiocy together, at this point. I'm over it.

Too bad there isn't a nice (but not stupid/boring!) guy for Sarah to rebound to. Eric does not qualify. (See: Boring.) And neither does Rex. (Bleah.)

• Applause 1
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Sarah’s rebound options are slim - Rafe, EJ, Johnny, Li Shin (doubt he and Gabi will last), Alex, Leo (too far fetched). They could write her off with Rex. 

I would be interested to see them try her with Li. Li usually makes everyone better to me so maybe he can work his magic on Sarah, who I find grating as hell 90% of the time lol. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Sadly, this is Ron so it's more likely the doll will have a threesome with Duke and Chuckie. 

I'm not Eve a regular viewer of GH and that Duke shit still pisses me off. I had been watching more during that time . That sick stuff about Lulu's eggs getting stolen and the way that was written still gross me out too. I'm surprised Ron hasn't tried that egg story on Days yet.

• Love 1

Mike and Nancy. Okay, Ron. I didn't think anything could be worse than Justin and Bonnie. Way to go, Ron.

5 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I'm not Eve a regular viewer of GH and that Duke shit still pisses me off. I had been watching more during that time . That sick stuff about Lulu's eggs getting stolen and the way that was written still gross me out too. I'm surprised Ron hasn't tried that egg story on Days yet.

Give him time.

Edited by Sidney
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I would be interested to see them try her with Li. Li usually makes everyone better to me so maybe he can work his magic on Sarah, who I find grating as hell 90% of the time lol. 

A better idea would be a brand new character. Maybe a pro athlete who was a former patient a few years ago, maybe a Kiriakis cousin, some professional dude she meets at the grocery store. The Salem recycling program has been using the same bottles and cans and milk cartons for a long time.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

Today's ep was great.

But what the hell was Gabi wearing? That has to be the worst one yet lol.

On 11/14/2022 at 12:12 PM, worleybird said:

Looking at the cast listing at the end of the episode Les Brandt (who played Rafael on "Another World" in 1988-89) will be playing 'Eddie'. 

Why was this guy on the cast list 2 weeks ago and yet never showed up lol?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Jaded said:

I was referring to Duke the cowboy bear that Rafe won Nicole and then Ava cut its head off. lol But knowing Ron, I could also see that bear getting inseminated before its head is sewn back on and it has a threesome.

days-of-our-lives-duke-the-bear.gif

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

I was referring to Duke the cowboy bear that Rafe won Nicole and then Ava cut its head off. lol But knowing Ron, I could also see that bear getting inseminated before its head is sewn back on and it has a threesome.

days-of-our-lives-duke-the-bear.gif

Oops. When I see the name Duke mentioned in regards to anything regarding Ron I think of that stupid mask shit he did on GH too. It was a big part of the story in regards to how they got rid of the character after they brought him back. I feel bad for that cute stuffed bear too though. I'd feel really weird doing that to a stuffed animals head even if I didn't like the person who gave it to me.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Johnny needs to be slapped by Tony, Chad or even Kristen and kicked out of the house.  He was obsessed with Ava defending her to everyone, she kills (possibly) his grandmother and all he can care about is Stefan and brainwashing which EJ wasn't even involved in. Then attacking him for injecting them. 

I want EJ to throw him out and be done with him. Take all his money too, let him go live with grandpa Roman over a bar.  

Nicole has no business giving Chloe advice. Chloe should be telling Nicole I told you so. Nicole is pathetic. 

Gabi's dress was really bright yellow. 

• Like 2

Gabi’s dress was a summer yellow and a bit short for late fall.

Li had to get his pie…. 

Wendy, you do need to be careful what you know. Li may be your brother, but he can and will do something to you.

Johnny, you have no proof that your dad was in cahoots to brainwash Stefan. He should toss you out of the house. Right now his focus is on his possibly dead mother and his hallucinations of Ava. Who you defended as a friend or a woman who used you big time.

Chloe did tell Nicole some truths and also found her massive pit of insecurity. People can tell Jada whatever they want and she does not have to do what they tell her to do. She is quite capable of cutting through people’s motives, figure out her own motives, decide if she is in a position to be a mom and a coparent, realize that Eric does not love her or is in love with her, he may not marry her, wonder if she wants to be married to him, etc. She should talk to Eric about his walking away from people, being unable to handle commitment, etc. Has he changed, can he change, and does she face him being around for only a short time before he gets in too deep and bails to some country where he feels needed, er, escapes from reality.

Chloe should just let the chips fall into place regarding Stefan.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

Holy crap! Gabi  forgot the bottom half of her outfit! It was way too short, and it did not look good at all. Never mind trying to sit or move around. You have to be careful walking in that thing, Jesus.

Chloe is turning into Jocelyn Wildenstein (Google her if you dare)

Nicole is really a meddling bitch. Did she think her scheme  was not going to be found out by Eric and come back and bite her in the ass? 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4

At least EJ admitted Kristen’s involvement in the Stefan brainwashing.

Li, Wendy may turn on you.

So did Jada manage to really abort the baby or just told Eric a story. 

Brady did give some good advice to Nicole. That she will eventually be a good stepmom. And that coparenting can work.

Eric wasn’t a happy guy to confront Nicole. She can say anything she wants to whom ever, give bad advice etc. and that person is responsible for any choice he or she makes.

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Eric wasn’t a happy guy to confront Nicole. She can say anything she wants to whom ever, give bad advice etc. and that person is responsible for any choice he or she makes.

Sure. But it was Nicole that opened the door to that train of thought at all, and not out of altruistic reasons.

While Jada is responsible for her choices, Nicole brought the idea up TO be considered.

So Eric still has the right to be pissed.

• Like 2
  • Love 10

Show is running Christmas carols already?

Why are Wendy and Li hanging out in Rafe's house?

Are they really going to drag this whole Stefan and Chloe thing out till New Year's Eve?  Because we know that Stefan will interrupt Gabi and Li's wedding.

Wait a minute, what is the age difference between Wendy and Li? How old was she when she poked him with a stick to confess about taking the car?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

Sure. But it was Nicole that opened the door to that train of thought at all, and not out of altruistic reasons.

While Jada is responsible for her choices, Nicole brought the idea up TO be considered.

I can’t imagine that at any point, Jada did not consider ending her pregnancy. She simply could have told Nicole or anyone else to mind their own business. With recent changes in US laws, this could have been an interesting storyline.

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Exactly Jada's pregnancy is nobody's business.  I hope that Jada realizes that having Eric's baby means Nicole will be in her business because she feels that she has a right to do so.   

Eric should write Nicole off for good because she is just vile.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6

Poor Eric. Whether or not Jada actually did have an abortion, all he knows is that he's acted all holier than thou AND played the plaster saint and all he ended up with was nothin'.  Poor baby, finding out that being a literal pain in the ass doesn't always pay off.

I might feel bad for that tiny brained, self-important and self-anointed saintly putz if he hadn't abandoned his fatherly role with Holly without a backward glance so he could go play White Savior in the "country" of Africa (for Fuck's sake, Show it's a goddam CONTINENT, not a country), and then ignore his parental role in the sadly short life of Mackenzie because finally, his saintly sperm apparently was able to land.  It seems pretty clear that the only thing that matters to Eric is a biological kid.  He's such a POS that he really does deserve a life with Nicole.

EJ, comb your fucking hair.

Li, never change.  Your utter inability to act gives me such pleasure and I never want that to change.

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, boes said:

Noooo! 

Did EJ ever mention to Johnny that he had Tripp kidnapped and that pushed Ava over the edge? I'm assuming no lol.

For anyone with ad-supported Peacock, how many ads are there with Days and how long are each?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

For anyone with ad-supported Peacock, how many ads are there with Days and how long are each?

I haven't paid attention recently, but when the running time of each episode was between 38 and 40 minutes I generally watched an episode in about 45 minutes - still saving 15 minutes of commercials I would have had to sit through if I was watching it as it aired.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Noooo! 

Did EJ ever mention to Johnny that he had Tripp kidnapped and that pushed Ava over the edge? I'm assuming no lol.

I think there's about 5 in total but they're really short.  

• Useful 2
12 hours ago, boes said:

Poor Eric. Whether or not Jada actually did have an abortion, all he knows is that he's acted all holier than thou AND played the plaster saint and all he ended up with was nothin'.  Poor baby, finding out that being a literal pain in the ass doesn't always pay off.

I might feel bad for that tiny brained, self-important and self-anointed saintly putz if he hadn't abandoned his fatherly role with Holly without a backward glance so he could go play White Savior in the "country" of Africa (for Fuck's sake, Show it's a goddam CONTINENT, not a country), and then ignore his parental role in the sadly short life of Mackenzie because finally, his saintly sperm apparently was able to land.  It seems pretty clear that the only thing that matters to Eric is a biological kid.  He's such a POS that he really does deserve a life with Nicole.

Li, never change.  Your utter inability to act gives me such pleasure and I never want that to change.

Thank you for this. Jada should have asked him about his previous history with kids. Salem folks could have told her he wasn’t really present in Holly’s life, he had no parental role in Mackenzie’s life, etc. Would he change this time? Not take off? She could see Nicole as meddling or whatever, but the facts are what they are.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I hate what they've done to Eric, all in the name of keeping him and Nicole apart. The priesthood, the rape accusation, the evidence tampering, the alcoholism, prison stint, bitterness, triangle with Brady/Sarah/Rafe/Jada....and now walking out repeatedly on people for no good reason.

Exhausting. He's better than that.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I hate what they've done to Eric, all in the name of keeping him and Nicole apart. The priesthood, the rape accusation, the evidence tampering, the alcoholism, prison stint, bitterness, triangle with Brady/Sarah/Rafe/Jada....and now walking out repeatedly on people for no good reason.

Exhausting. He's better than that.

It's funny that you say this because for the longest time - and I'm about to say something quite controversial, so please extend me grace - I've believed that the show writes Eric like they've traditionally written heroines. 

Almost the entirety of Eric's DOOL history is connected to or even revolves around Nicole. Eric is the Damsel who constantly has something terrible happen to him solely to impact Ericole: to bring them together, to break them apart, to save Nicole from her evil ways, to have Nicole revert to her evil ways, etc. They've been complaints about Hope not ever really taking off in pairings outside Bo, while Bo got to have two popular pairings. Eric, like Hope, hasn't taken off in any popular pairings, but Nicole had E.J. and Daniel. Eric's pairing with Jada, Jennifer, and Sarah have all been impacted greatly because of Nicole, while Ejole and to a lesser extent Dancole's history can be explained with no mention - EJole - or very little mention - Dancole - of Eric. 

Eric is the Marlena child that is the most like Marlena in terms of character history. Obviously not one-to-one, but even Belle isn't defined by Shawn - who holds her back as a character - like Eric is defined by Nicole and Ericole like Marlena and Jarlena.

If not for Kristen's obsession with Brady, I honestly think Kristen would be a bigger obstacle for Ericole, and Nicole would have to save him from marrying Kristen the way Bo and Jack have saved their heroines from marrying villains so many times.

All that wasn't a criticism. I actually find it refreshing, and I like that they are able to give Eric a traditionally "heroine" role while keeping him masculine, but it's something I've thought for quite a while.

• Applause 6
  • Useful 5
16 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I can’t imagine that at any point, Jada did not consider ending her pregnancy. 

THIS! Since time immemorial, unmarried women have always had a glimmer of a thought about ways they can stop (or prevent) a pregnancy from coming to fruition. 
Society has changed in the Western world so the stigma of an unmarried woman having an out of wedlock baby isn’t the shame it once was, but as long as abortion is legal and the woman has the means, it’s hard for me to imagine any pregnant unattached woman not giving abortion a fleeting thought (even if it’s just a microsecond).

• Like 1
  • Love 9