Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E07: Real Life Reckoning

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

You can get a PhD in physical therapy, or a PhD in audiology, but those are oriented toward academic scholarship and independent research.  If you want to practice physical therapy or audiology in a clinical setting, you get a DPT or AuD, and while they are "doctorate" degrees, it's really more a function of degree creep.

Thanks for the info.  I didn't know that until now!   

I might add that the DPT I had for my hip replacement rehab lamented that at 5 yrs post degree she was STILL paying off her student loans to the tune of about $1K/MONTH.  I believe she was making about $80K/yr so I'm sure that helped offset the loan repayments.  She was married with 2 very small children and, unlike Lindy, was working as much as possible to contribute to her 2-income home.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

He told her that doing laundry before 4:00 p.m. as opposed to after 4:00 would probably save about $2 a month.  Two dollars a month

To me, Binh's obsession with "frugality" crosses the threshold from "quirkiness" to a full-blown psych disorder.  He needs therapy to try and release him from the tyranny of trying to control others with his military (or prison) style list of financial rules. 

NO NORMAL, FUNCTIONAL and PRODUCTIVE woman whom I know would put up with his RIDICULOUS rules and regulations for more than 5 minutes!!  I'm surprised Morgan didn't laugh in his face!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 7
46 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

He told her that doing laundry before 4:00 p.m. as opposed to after 4:00 would probably save about $2 a month.  Two dollars a month. 

What was that?  It looked like vulva, not a vagina.  Set in a garden for some reason.

She said it's the sculpture she mentioned in her speech, and I'm not sure what speech but I do remember in a previous episode (maybe even in the wedding one) she said that in her bid for body positivity, she'd made a mold of her vagina.  And maybe even identified the friend who helped??

I haven't noticed that about Lindy, but Alexis's clothes are just awful and not the least bit flattering.  She always looks like lumpy sausage in a too-stretchy casing.

And I don't remember who mentioned Lindy's freckles, but I finally noticed them on my shitty TV and they're adorable.

A DPT is now the entry-level education requirement for physical therapists.  The same thing happened with audiologists--they now have to have an AuD degree. 

You can get a PhD in physical therapy, or a PhD in audiology, but those are oriented toward academic scholarship and independent research.  If you want to practice physical therapy or audiology in a clinical setting, you get a DPT or AuD, and while they are "doctorate" degrees, it's really more a function of degree creep.

My daughter was into photography at one point and took a picture of me and gave it to me in a frame. I put it in my bedroom and someone saw it called me vain for having a picture of myself. Well at least it was not a replica of my "lady parts" that of course I clean thoroughly like a raw chicken!! 

• LOL 8
4 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

To me, Binh's obsession with "frugality" crosses the threshold from "quirkiness" to a full-blown psych disorder.  He needs therapy to try and release him from the tyranny of trying to control others with his military (or prison) style list of financial rules. 

NO NORMAL, FUNCTIONAL and PRODUCTIVE woman whom I know would put up with his RIDICULOUS rules and regulations for more than 5 minutes!!  I'm surprised Morgan didn't laugh in his face!!!

One of the Youtubers I follow has pointed out that some of the men have a laundry list of requirements for the women but the women are accepting the men for what they are.

She said that Mitch still does not like Krysten but enjoys regular sex with Krysten. She said that the "love coupons" was a thirsty way to keep Mitch interested through sex.

Krysten is a lovely woman, who makes twice as much as Mitch, and seems much more grounded and established.

Mitch is a charming but very ornery man who has filthy habits that he refuses to change. He also might be secretly lusting after her mother.

Why is she trying so hard to make this fool happy?

I will spoiler tag this because this was in the after show.

Spoiler

Supposedly the "bath tub" sex was two pumps and done. It does not seem like he is a sexual dynamo.

Anyway, I was wondering about everyone else's thoughts on this.

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, qtpye said:

One of the Youtubers I follow has pointed out that some of the men have a laundry list of requirements for the women but the women are accepting the men for what they are.

She said that Mitch still does not like Krysten but enjoys regular sex with Krysten. She said that the "love coupons" was a thirsty way to keep Mitch interested through sex.

Krysten is a lovely woman, who makes twice as much as Mitch, and seems much more grounded and established.

Mitch is a charming but very ornery man who has filthy habits that he refuses to change. He also might be secretly lusting after her mother.

Hide contents

Supposedly the "bath tub" sex was two pumps and done. It does not seem like he is a sexual dynamo.

I disliked him instantly and little has happened to change that. I know this opinion is predicated on the fact that he is my ex made over. Both can be very fakely charming, but underneath is highly narcissistic with anger management problems. She needs to take serious notes without her rose colored glasses on or she is in for a world of hurt. Hopefully he will reveal himself soon for her sake. Speaking from twelve years of experience with a man like Mitch, you in danger girl.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

She said it's the sculpture she mentioned in her speech, and I'm not sure what speech but I do remember in a previous episode (maybe even in the wedding one) she said that in her bid for body positivity, she'd made a mold of her vagina.  And maybe even identified the friend who helped??

I'm all for body positivity and if she wants to wear clothes that cling and look sexy (even if it means your boobs will hit your chin when you're horseback riding with no bra), then good for her, truly--I admire that.  But displaying images of your body on your living room wall is next level and not in a good way IMO.  Didn't Myrla also have a wall of photos of herself, although G rather than X rated?

If my kid did a portrait of me in whatever medium I would proudly display it, out of pride in him!

Edited by Alexander Pope
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Ms.C. said:

Really?  I missed that. What in?   Maybe she should remind him of that.  

Physical therapy. Though apparently I misspoke and what she has is not a PhD, but a doctorate in physical therapy. I don’t know the difference but in any event, I do t think she is “non intellectual.” She is, at a minimum, book smart.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

During the after show Krysten was asked if Justin should give up his dog. Krysten said yes he should because the marriage lasts forever (or something like that) but you're only going to have the dog around maybe 5-6 more years. I immediately thought, has she watched this show?? Is she aware of the failure rate with these marriages??😂 I would choose my dog🐾 over "whoever". I would choose 5-6 years of unconditional love from my dog🐾 than gamble on a stranger. But that's just me.🤷‍♀️😀

• Like 2
  • Love 9
36 minutes ago, EXEAL said:

During the after show Krysten was asked if Justin should give up his dog. Krysten said yes he should because the marriage lasts forever (or something like that) but you're only going to have the dog around maybe 5-6 more years. I immediately thought, has she watched this show?? Is she aware of the failure rate with these marriages??😂 I would choose my dog🐾 over "whoever". I would choose 5-6 years of unconditional love from my dog🐾 than gamble on a stranger. But that's just me.🤷‍♀️😀

She also said something along the lines of she would give the dog to someone who would give it back to her (if the marriage didn’t work)

• Useful 5
On 8/19/2022 at 4:13 PM, qtpye said:

Reveal spoiler

Nate, Justin and Miguel do not have a laundry list of requirements. Justin doesn't have any, I'm sure Miguel would just like Lindy to be quiet once and while and Nate just wanted a woman he was attracted to that was driven. Mitch doesn't have a list really. He doesn't know what the hell he wants. It's just not Krysten. Bihn is the only one with a list.

Edited by Racj82
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

I liked that this was another episode where it was organic action and conversation, and not fake drama stirred up from stupid events, since visiting each other's apartments is at least a pretty realistic thing to do.  The dichotomy between what Mitch presents as, and what his apt looked like, is startling. Binh really doesn't understand how unattractive his stinginess is...it's way past frugal and has moved into the insane level.  And as much as I wanted to enjoy the karmic come-uppance of Justin and Alexis, I can't help but root for all these couples to make it, so I'm still holding out hope. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

I liked that this was another episode where it was organic action and conversation, and not fake drama stirred up from stupid events, since visiting each other's apartments is at least a pretty realistic thing to do.  The dichotomy between what Mitch presents as, and what his apt looked like, is startling. Binh really doesn't understand how unattractive his stinginess is...it's way past frugal and has moved into the insane level.  And as much as I wanted to enjoy the karmic come-uppance of Justin and Alexis, I can't help but root for all these couples to make it, so I'm still holding out hope. 

I wonder if Binh's stinginess is more about control than saving money?

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

I realize that Lindy is unpopular on this forum, but I really like her. And, despite her babbling, she'd be an easy partner to be married to because she's good at communicating, and she's willing to be open for compromise. She doesn't have a huge list of deal breakers, and she appreciates the experience just being married to a partner. How can anyone be disliked for offering themselves, vulnerability and all, for a shot at marriage? (That being said, if Lindy's family is going to be judgemental because Miguel doesn't have a "relationship" with a "higher power " then I'd advise him to run for the hills.)

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Racj82 said:

and Nate just wanted a woman he was attracted to that was driven. 

I agree with your post, except Nate. Nobody knows if he has a laundry list or not, because he's a hard person to read. I don't believe we've met the real Nate yet. However, he's probably in line with the Nate we saw at the bachelor party 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, pdlinda said:

I do not believe that Lindy has a PhD.  I think Lindy has a Doctorate in Physical Therapy. 

That is drastically different from having a PhD. 

I'm not in any way denigrating Lindy's professional accomplishments.  The woman PT Doctorate holder who helped me with my recovery from a hip replacement was excellent.

My understanding is that PT's who hold doctorate degrees receive considerably more $$$ when pursuing their professional goals.

All very true.  From having been in physical therapy and having a nephew in that profession, I've learned that there are a couple of distinctions.  In order to call themselves "Physical Therapists" they must have the doctorate, which as you pointed out is not a PhD, but is the highest level of education in PT.  Otherwise they are called "Physical Therapy Assistants".  To make matters even more confusing, you can call full Physical Therapists "doctors", they're just not the medical OR the PhD kind. 

When I was in PT after breaking my arm pretty badly, I had a full Physical Therapist that oversaw my case and evaluated my progress on a regular basis, but I also saw several Physical Therapy Assistants who did a lot of the hands-on exercises with me, timed me, and saw that I had enough ice and/or hot towels as needed.  Most of them were young and in school pursuing the doctorate degree.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Ms.C. said:

Really?  I missed that. What in?   Maybe she should remind him of that.  

I know some people tune out when she speaks, but she's actually intelligent and insightful.

• Love 5
On 8/18/2022 at 4:47 PM, mythoughtis said:

She dumped her boyfriend two weeks before the wedding after his mistress told her about their affair

That's when I realize we don't have to worry about her being steamrolled by Mitch. If she feels he's checking out for whatever reason, she'll show him the door 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, qtpye said:

Since you asked for thoughts on this, here goes - I think both Krysten and Alexis are giving these relationships their best shots despite the red flags and their partners' seemingly insurmountable quirks.  I think they've decided that when handed lemons they'll make lemonade.   Krysten for sure does seem to be motivated to make anything work at this point, perhaps because she wants to have kids soon. 

BUT - I don't think either of them is showing their full hand, though.  We don't know what they are really thinking.  I think Krysten has given a better idea of what she's thinking on the Afterparty but even there it takes some reading between the lines to figure it out.  I have a feeling that both of them are not as into their spouses as they might seem on the surface and are just seeing things through out of obligation and a genuine commitment to make things work.  I sense that both of them will have their limit though.  We may have already seen Alexis' limit reached with the dog incident.  One would have thought the filthy apartment would have been enough to push Krysten to her limit, but then she went and had sex with Mitch, so who knows if she will ever reach a limit?  She may be willing to go as far as he'll let her, and may actually be expecting HIM to be the one to pull the plug on things.  But even if he doesn't she may reach a point at which she has had enough and can't deal with him anymore.

As far as the Youtuber's perceptions, it does seem that this season the men have more quirks and are far less "marriage ready" than the women are.  And the women are by far not without their quirks so that's saying a lot right there.  It has long been my belief that the longer people stay single the more they are so because they are not cut out for the specific demands of marriage.  Which is not a judgment, just a perception.  It is especially true of men for some reason, probably because women have traditionally been the ones to want marriage more than men for a whole host of reasons including having kids before it's too late, and in general be more willing to be flexible in order to make a marriage work.  For sure it's a generalization but one that seems to continue to have some truth to it that men avoid commitment in relationships and women seek it.  The ticking baby clock has something to do with that I'm sure.  If men had those worries they would be more likely to seek commitment and make compromises before it's too late so to speak.  So single men, if single for long enough can become very picky and have all sorts of "rules and deal breakers" about relationships, fully expecting that they should have a partner with certain very specific attributes since they are in no rush, while women by a certain point are more forgiving as time goes on because the clock's tickin' so to speak.  Just my take, and I don't expect anyone to agree with me....

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

+1 for liking Lindy.  Unpopular opinion, but she's actually my favorite female.

She's open, she's optimistic, she always seems to have a smile, and she's accepting of just about anything Miguel brings to her, but she also holds her boundaries.

And she's in this for the marriage, not just the 8 weeks.

Yes, she's showing her insecurities, but I would too, so I get that.

Miguel is one of these "starry, hopeless romantics" who, she's afraid, will cut bait at the first sign of any trouble.  So she has to walk on eggshells and appear perfect, and he's basically told her this.  If that doesn't bring out insecurities, I don't know what will.

As for her religious brother & family, who cares?  It's Lindy that he's married, not her family.  She appears to be separating from the extremes in religion, while maintaining her familial relationships.  That can't be easy.  She's not trying to push anything on Miguel.

Plus, she has the cutest freckles on the planet.

• Love 14

Another female that I love is Krysten.  She's playing this thing so much more serenely than I would.

She knows she's being filmed, and she knows she'll be picked apart forever, a la that horrid Alyssa from last season.

So, when Mitch tells her he's not attracted, she quietly assesses the situation, has another drink, and acts calm, cool, and collected.

When she sees Mitch's filthy, cluttered apartment (that stovetop!!!), she's calm, cool, and collected.

When his gift to her is something he literally picked up off the ground, she's calm, cool, and collected.

She's been very open, though, about her boundaries, making sure the world knows that she'll end an engagement.  She's nobody's fool.

I think, at the end of this, he'll say yes, and she'll say no.  But she'll say it in such a way as to not hurt his feelings, not make him look bad, but keep herself open for love.  At least that's my hope.  And that some great guy out there sees all this, and swoops in.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 2
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, Chalby said:

I agree with your post, except Nate. Nobody knows if he has a laundry list or not, because he's a hard person to read. I don't believe we've met the real Nate yet. However, he's probably in line with the Nate we saw at the bachelor party 

Yes I think that’s who Nate is too!  He wants his wife$$$ to look at him in a different way than he acted at the bachelor party. 

I think Nate has two sides. A street side and the side he’s portrayed to wifey!

His street side comes from growing up poor. His new side comes from ‘making it’ in the business world!

He wants to be the later but occasionally the former emerges. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I don't dislike Lindy; I just think she talks to damn much.

I also think that Miguel might be physically attracted to her and thinks she's nice. However, when she's babbling on and on, he looks like there's a thought bubble in his head where he's imagining them driving along on a road trip, she's babbling, he can't take it anymore, stops the car and gets out. 

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Since you asked for thoughts on this, here goes - I think both Krysten and Alexis are giving these relationships their best shots despite the red flags and their partners' seemingly insurmountable quirks.  I think they've decided that when handed lemons they'll make lemonade.   Krysten for sure does seem to be motivated to make anything work at this point, perhaps because she wants to have kids soon. 

BUT - I don't think either of them is showing their full hand, though.  We don't know what they are really thinking.  I think Krysten has given a better idea of what she's thinking on the Afterparty but even there it takes some reading between the lines to figure it out.  I have a feeling that both of them are not as into their spouses as they might seem on the surface and are just seeing things through out of obligation and a genuine commitment to make things work.  I sense that both of them will have their limit though.  We may have already seen Alexis' limit reached with the dog incident.  One would have thought the filthy apartment would have been enough to push Krysten to her limit, but then she went and had sex with Mitch, so who knows if she will ever reach a limit?  She may be willing to go as far as he'll let her, and may actually be expecting HIM to be the one to pull the plug on things.  But even if he doesn't she may reach a point at which she has had enough and can't deal with him anymore.

As far as the Youtuber's perceptions, it does seem that this season the men have more quirks and are far less "marriage ready" than the women are.  And the women are by far not without their quirks so that's saying a lot right there.  It has long been my belief that the longer people stay single the more they are so because they are not cut out for the specific demands of marriage.  Which is not a judgment, just a perception.  It is especially true of men for some reason, probably because women have traditionally been the ones to want marriage more than men for a whole host of reasons including having kids before it's too late, and in general be more willing to be flexible in order to make a marriage work.  For sure it's a generalization but one that seems to continue to have some truth to it that men avoid commitment in relationships and women seek it.  The ticking baby clock has something to do with that I'm sure.  If men had those worries they would be more likely to seek commitment and make compromises before it's too late so to speak.  So single men, if single for long enough can become very picky and have all sorts of "rules and deal breakers" about relationships, fully expecting that they should have a partner with certain very specific attributes since they are in no rush, while women by a certain point are more forgiving as time goes on because the clock's tickin' so to speak.  Just my take, and I don't expect anyone to agree with me....

Yes to everything.  BUT, how could I put this.  All these problems arise because they all got married without knowing each other.  They lost time figuring each other out and have to start from square one.  Plus, some women don’t have enough time as their clock is ticking.  If Krysten was in her twenties, unmarried, and met him on the beach and went out with Mitch a few times, she wouldn’t want to go further with him, as he’s not her type in many ways.  Statia also .. her clock is ticking.  She’s still pondering about Nate and his financial status.  I think it’s all about age and the rush of knowing everything about these men.  Some will settle.  I don’t believe in this system.  I believe in love before marriage.  There’s so much to learn about a person .. their personalities, their habits, their families, their religious background, so many things they don’t and should know before marrying them.  Anyway, this is a show, and it’s very obvious that they were matched for drama.  Just my opinion.  Actually, I think I just said what @YeahNo said, but she put it much better.

• Love 3
On 8/18/2022 at 2:29 AM, Yeah No said:

Right now he is also going along with things and seems to be warming up to Krysten, but with his history I'm still not trusting that it's going to last.  We'll see!

Mitch doesn’t look too thrilled with the baby talk either.  Neither does Nate.  Maybe all the guys come to think of it.

2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think Mitch might be a pull out kind of guy.   I’m guessing he’s not much in bed!  Moo

Guess she’s on the pill?  Anyway, someone up thread, and I hate to say it, but two pumps and he was out.  Like a teen age boy seems like.  Maybe it’s been a long time for him.  He rather be on that surfboard it seems, than on a woman, lol.  He’s a little inconsiderate little fucker.  Krysten must have loved that.  She must be very patient, or desparate.   Especially after that almost marriage tabacle.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

I don't dislike Lindy; I just think she talks to damn much.

I also think that Miguel might be physically attracted to her and thinks she nice. However, when she's babbling on and on, he looks like there's a thought bubble in his head where he's imagining them driving along on a road trip, she's babbling, he can't take it anymore, stops the car and gets out. 

I’m wondering if she would be offended if he told her her chattering was annoying, and to cool it as it drives him crazy.  Would she understand and stop?  If he really likes everything else about her, why not tell her?  It’s really just a small habit she can control.  No?

4 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Another female that I love is Krysten.  She's playing this thing so much more serenely than I would.

She knows she's being filmed, and she knows she'll be picked apart forever, a la that horrid Alyssa from last season.

So, when Mitch tells her he's not attracted, she quietly assesses the situation, has another drink, and acts calm, cool, and collected.

When she sees Mitch's filthy, cluttered apartment (that stovetop!!!), she's calm, cool, and collected.

When his gift to her is something he literally picked up off the ground, she's calm, cool, and collected.

She's been very open, though, about her boundaries, making sure the world knows that she'll end an engagement.  She's nobody's fool.

I think, at the end of this, he'll say yes, and she'll say no.  But she'll say it in such a way as to not hurt his feelings, not make him look bad, but keep herself open for love.  At least that's my hope.  And that some great guy out there sees all this, and swoops in.

Love this post.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, After7Only said:

She also said something along the lines of she would give the dog to someone who would give it back to her (if the marriage didn’t work)

I could just imagine Justin giving his dog away.  You all think he cries too much now?  Wait.  He’ll never stop crying without his dog.  Besides.  He only knows her a few weeks and will get over her.  She might just say no on decision day anyhow.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Well, you’ll never have to wonder what Lindy is thinking since she’s a running verbal stream of consciousness but it comes across very manic and ruminating many times. She is unfailingly chipper and upbeat, excited to try whatever comes her way and she altogether likable in smaller doses, especially if you’re a more reserved person like me. It sure doesn’t help when Miguel looks at her in a patronizing way and withholds any basic reassurance with her and the less he talks, the more she gets anxious the more she talks and I can see how she’d wonder if he was really into her when she is all in and feel insecure. He’s definitely not sensitive enough for her. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I’m wondering if she would be offended if he told her her chattering was annoying, and to cool it as it drives him crazy.  Would she understand and stop?  If he really likes everything else about her, why not tell her?  It’s really just a small habit she can control.  No?

I think being a chattery, talkative person is who she is and it would be a big change. It would annoy the hell out of me, but she is who she is and I think Miguel either has to learn to live with it or divorce. Maybe there is some middle ground like "Lindy - I love talking to you but I need some quiet time when I'm reading or when I'm in the home office" or whatever. But I don't think it's a small habit she can easily change or should have to change.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

She would yammer on about how telling her to shut up made her feel.  Didn't she basically say she didn't want to know when things are becoming a problem?  He was supposed to "stay sturdy and not tell her".

• Love 2
14 hours ago, qtpye said:

I wonder if Binh's stinginess is more about control than saving money?

This is how he lives.  He didn't create this to control someone else.  In my experience, many engineers are about efficiency in their life as well as in their work.  I've known someone to still be looking to cut 30 seconds on their morning routine at the age of 50.  They are having fun with this.  My electric company still pushes us to unplug appliances and computer when not using them since they use power plugged in.  I wanted to do this for energy conservation but I'm too lazy and forgetful.  I never even turn off my computers which is bad.  

2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Yes I think that’s who Nate is too!  He wants his wife$$$ to look at him in a different way than he acted at the bachelor party. 

I think Nate has two sides. A street side and the side he’s portrayed to wifey!

His street side comes from growing up poor. His new side comes from ‘making it’ in the business world!

He wants to be the later but occasionally the former emerges. 

Nate didn't grow up poor.  His father was in the military and his early life he grew up outside the US.  Black but not poor.  He had problems feeling accepted at school when he returned to the US.  I think it was because he wasn't comfortable being bi-racial.  I think it was that he was different from moving around the world and being from a military.  

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

This is how he lives.  He didn't create this to control someone else.  In my experience, many engineers are about efficiency in their life as well as in their work.  I've known someone to still be looking to cut 30 seconds on their morning routine at the age of 50.  They are having fun with this.  My electric company still pushes us to unplug appliances and computer when not using them since they use power plugged in.  I wanted to do this for energy conservation but I'm too lazy and forgetful.  I never even turn off my computers which is bad.  

Nate didn't grow up poor.  His father was in the military and his early life he grew up outside the US.  Black but not poor.  He had problems feeling accepted at school when he returned to the US.  I think it was because he wasn't comfortable being bi-racial.  I think it was that he was different from moving around the world and being from a military.  

My problem was that he was telling Morgan what was expected and never asked about how she would like to do things to reach a reasonable compromise.

Surely, he understands that marriage is about compromise? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Yeah No said:

In order to call themselves "Physical Therapists" they must have the doctorate, which as you pointed out is not a PhD, but is the highest level of education in PT. 

As I posted upthread, it's possible to get a PhD in physical therapy.  It's what you do if want to go into academia or research, and to be admitted to the program, you have to have either a DPT or a master's degree.

And speaking of that master's degree, requiring a DPT degree to be licensed as a physical therapist is a recent development.  There are lots of licensed physical therapists out there who have a master's degree instead of a DPT, and they're not required to get a DPT in order to stay licensed.

14 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Otherwise they are called "Physical Therapy Assistants". 

Physical Therapy Assistant is a different job entirely; it requires only an associate's degree (not even a bachelor's).

Between this and Morgan's nursing degree differentiations, the healthcare field seems to be pretty complex when it comes to who's doing what and what they had to do to get to do it.

7 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Plus, she has the cutest freckles on the planet.

I know!  I don't know what makes one person's freckles cute and another person's annoying, but she hit the jackpot in the freckle department.  I wonder if she likes them.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

As I posted upthread, it's possible to get a PhD in physical therapy.  It's what you do if want to go into academia or research, and to be admitted to the program, you have to have either a DPT or a master's degree.

Yup, to be clear I didn't mean to imply that there wasn't that option, just make the distinction between what degree is required for one to practice physical therapy and call themselves a "physical therapist" versus a "physical therapy assistant" that practices physical therapy in a more limited sense but doesn't have the DPT degree that gives them the right to the title of physical therapist.  The PhD is not necessary for someone that just wants to practice as a physical therapist, but as you pointed out the DPT is a necessary prerequisite to apply for the PhD program.

57 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Physical Therapy Assistant is a different job entirely; it requires only an associate's degree (not even a bachelor's).

Yes but they work alongside and report to physical therapists and can have bachelor's degrees if they are somewhere along the way toward achieving the DPT.  They have to be called that because they can't be called physical therapists until they have the DPT.

Note that there is a difference between a physical therapy AIDE and a physical therapy ASSISTANT.  The former does not do much other than retrieve hot towels and ice, plus see to the patients' comfort, manage machinery and other physical objects used in PT, plus other things not of a therapeutic nature while PT Assistants actually perform physical therapy in a limited sense and make twice as much as Aides do on the average.  

I broke my right forearm clear through 6 years ago and had to regain the use of my hand so I was in PT for almost a year in no small part because it was a workers' comp. case, so I got a real education in this stuff from the people that assisted me along the way to my recovery.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I'm a chatterbox and my late husband would ignore me when he didn't want to hear it. It was infuriating to me because of how dismissive it was. It would have been better for him to just say "You know, I love to converse with you, but I'd like some quiet for a while." Instead he'd tune me out completely. Relentless chattering is an anxiety thing that becomes unconscious after a while.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Well, you’ll never have to wonder what Lindy is thinking since she’s a running verbal stream of consciousness but it comes across very manic and ruminating many times. She is unfailingly chipper and upbeat, excited to try whatever comes her way and she altogether likable in smaller doses, especially if you’re a more reserved person like me. It sure doesn’t help when Miguel looks at her in a patronizing way and withholds any basic reassurance with her and the less he talks, the more she gets anxious the more she talks and I can see how she’d wonder if he was really into her when she is all in and feel insecure. He’s definitely not sensitive enough for her. 

Yes, that's how I'm seeing Lindy.  Miguel's reserved nature is making her feel nervous and almost obligated to "fill up the silence" with constant banter.  She is probably used to being around people that match her level and style of interpersonal interaction and it's feeling uncomfortable to her that Miguel isn't that chatty.  She probably doesn't run off at the mouth that much when around others that are more into talking than he is.  I'm again feeling that they are on the event horizon of a possible "death spiral".  I do hope they can work it out!  I think if she starts to feel more comfortable with him she will be able to tolerate the silence and not feel like she has to fill up every minute with talking.  She is basically doing the talking for both of them and then some!  

I'm a decided introvert but especially when I'm getting to know someone I like to engage in spirited conversation at times but if the person is not giving back enough it can make me feel overly pressured to keep things moving so I have been the one to find myself getting a little too chatty even for my taste.  It has actually annoyed me and made me feel uncomfortable when people constantly leave me hanging with nothing but "dead air".  As I've aged I've resisted the urge to fill in the dead space even if it means a lot of dead space.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Sometimes when dealing with a chatterbox the issue is when they get started, it's difficult to jump in and join in the conversation without feeling like you're being rude and interrupting the person.  It's also difficult to know when to jump in.  I don't think Miguel is being dismissive of Lindy; I just think he doesn't know how to have a conversation with her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

She would yammer on about how telling her to shut up made her feel.  Didn't she basically say she didn't want to know when things are becoming a problem?  He was supposed to "stay sturdy and not tell her".

Somebody has to tell her that she chatters too much.  This might be a dealbreaker for Miguel.  A little thing like this could make him say no on decision day.  Unless she’s like this at work or with relatives.  Miguel has to tell the experts and see what they say.  I would hate to see her heartbroken over a situation like this.  She’s either nervous around him or has a physical or mental problem.  I’m going to look it up.  I’ll be back in a sec.  Maybe, if I find something.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Somebody has to tell her that she chatters too much.  This might be a dealbreaker for Miguel.  A little thing like this could make him say no on decision day.  Unless she’s like this at work or with relatives.  Miguel has to tell the experts and see what they say.  I would hate to see her heartbroken over a situation like this.  She’s either nervous around him or has a physical or mental problem.  I’m going to look it up.  I’ll be back in a sec.  Maybe, if I find something.

If you look it up, yes, talking too much is a disorder, but I’m not a doctor, so don’t really want to comment on what I read.  It could be just nerves with Miguel .. don’t know how she is at work or with others, or at home.  Not for me to say.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, qtpye said:

My problem was that he was telling Morgan what was expected and never asked about how she would like to do things to reach a reasonable compromise.

Surely, he understands that marriage is about compromise? 

I think very few of the participants on this show (throughout all seasons) understand that marriage is about compromise.  They may think their spouse has to compromise but very few of them think that they personally have to compromise.  They want their new spouse to fit into their lives not vice versa.

• Applause 3
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

They may think their spouse has to compromise but very few of them think that they personally have to compromise.  They want their new spouse to fit into their lives not vice versa.

Exactly.  I remember Olivia from New Orleans admitting that she, essentially, wanted a plus-one to fit into her life. (I think it was her, maybe not.) At least she had the self-awareness to know what she wanted - not that it would make for a good marriage.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Exactly.  I remember Olivia from New Orleans admitting that she, essentially, wanted a plus-one to fit into her life. (I think it was her, maybe not.) At least she had the self-awareness to know what she wanted - not that it would make for a good marriage.

A lot of these people seem motivated to get married because all their friends are getting married and they feel left out, not because they really want to share their lives with another person.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, qtpye said:

A lot of these people seem motivated to get married because all their friends are getting married and they feel left out, not because they really want to share their lives with another person.

That's very obvious.  ESPECIALLY those in their late 20's, 30's and 40's (mitch).  For professional women (men) who are financially independent and emotionally invested in their lifestyles (spending habits/pets) it would be quite a "stretch" to capitulate to the demands of a marriage.

I think in THEORY marriage is worth the "effort"; however, in PRACTICE, when the quirks and deficiencies (annoyances/finances) of the spouse crop up, a period of re-evaluation may be warranted.  

This season's couples seem like very weak examples of the institution of "marriage."  I don't see any of them surviving long term, irrespective of whether they stay together on DD and the subsequent reunion show.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Marriage is not for everyone.  Many of my friends remained single and are loving it.  We’ve fixed up my younger Sister many times and it just didn’t work out.  She has a beautiful Condo, a great job, nice friends, travels and loves her life.  Plus, I know many that were married and got divorced.  If a single person wants a child, they can have that too.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 1
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, Chalby said:

Probably true but as presented, he hasn't had a list. So, putting that on him is incorrect.

• Like 1