Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E18: Tell All Part 1

• Start Topic

The cast members of Season 9 come together to relive their biggest moments and hash out unresolved dramas; Jibri gets confrontational; Shaeeda throws major shade when Bilal's ex joins the conversation. 

First Look: 12/8/22; TLC: 14/8/22; Discovery+: 14/8/22

Wow, Jibri sure is telling Ari everything I always wanted to! 

It was great to see Kenny and Tim doing a backstage "Pillow Talk." 

Emily is HUGE and still as obnoxious and unlikeable as ever. 

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Wow, Jibri sure is telling Ari everything I always wanted to! 

Emily is HUGE and still as obnoxious and unlikeable as ever. 

Jibri is seeming more and more unstable every episode. He was a gigantic jerk on this.

GENIUS to put Tim and Kenny as backstage color commentators, LOL! I love it!

Emily just had a baby so I cut her slack on her weight. She is still obnoxious, though…

The first look seemed somewhat disjointed but I think we are in for some fireworks!

I think Thais looked pregnant, I’m guessing the other pregnant one could be Kara.

27 minutes ago, Rebky said:

There was literally 17 back to back commercials right after they got all the couples on the stage. Why do they even bother with these first looks.

That was A TON of commercials but I really liked the Subaru one with the golden retrievers and dachshunds at the Weenie Hut! And dang, those DQ burgers looked great, unfortunately I live in Texas where the DQ grill menu is totally different. 😒

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I too liked the Subaru commercial with the golden retrievers and daschunds, all eyeing the lovely wienies on the buns.

I don't know if Kenny and Tim will be like Pillow Talk people or they will actually get to ask questions. It is nice to see the show shaking it up a little.

Man, Jibby, you were cocky and unpleasant. You are not 'something' and your arrogance will come back to you. Sure, dish on Ari. Someone will enjoy dishing on you. You can feel whatever you like about Ari. She isn't a part of your life. Unless you do 90 Day tours or events, you may never see her again.

I liked what I saw of Miona's outfit. I liked Yve's outfit. I cannot imagine Kobe being thrilled to wear tightie whities that have Em's face on them. Egads.

• Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, GrammyPammy said:

I think Thais looked pregnant, I’m guessing the other pregnant one could be Kara.

That’s what I’ve read. I think when they show Kara and Thais’s surprised expressions when Shawn announces two women are expecting, it’s because both of them thought they were the only one with a pregnancy secret. 

If you notice when the couples arrive, both Kara and Thais are always shown holding something in front of them, from the shoulders up, from the back, etc. It’s the old TV show trick to hide an actress’s pregnancy. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Unless you do 90 Day tours or events, you may never see her again.

I have always thought one of the reasons the Pillow Talkers don’t say anything controversial about the other couples is because they always run the risk of having to see them in future 90 Day publicity events. 

• Applause 1
  • Useful 4

As much as Ari super irritates me, I thought it was quite "off" for Jibri to come at her so so hard. He was interesting to me when it was just the segments with each couple and their family, but at the wedding it changed for me. He seemed to be trying too hard to be memorable and star worthy with his vows, and now on the tell all, nothing happened and he is cmmanding the attention. 

Guillermo seems like a nice guy, intelligent, self aware, decent.

That's all I got.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, magemaud said:

My guess is that Veronica will be on Pillow Talk with Armando as they said Kenny was away this week & that Armando would be having a visitor with him.

• Love 2

The first look was a nothing all.

Jibjab will be the shit disturber for the Tell Nothing.  I agree with poster above, Areola is a pain but his crap isn't rosy enough to come after here hard like that.

Shaeeda is going to be mighty jelly that 2 are already preggers, unless the whole pregnancy storyline was fake and she really doesnt want kids. Alot of women dont.

You can tell Tim and Kenny are there just because the whole thing is boring already.

One thing that they wont talk about which I wish they would is that 

Spoiler

jibjab and mimosa were already married.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

The first look was a nothing all.

Jibjab will be the shit disturber for the Tell Nothing.  I agree with poster above, Areola is a pain but his crap isn't rosy enough to come after here hard like that.

Shaeeda is going to be mighty jelly that 2 are already preggers, unless the whole pregnancy storyline was fake and she really doesnt want kids. Alot of women dont.

You can tell Tim and Kenny are there just because the whole thing is boring already.

One thing that they wont talk about which I wish they would is that 

Hide contents

jibjab and mimosa were already married.

Production would have to admit lying so that would never happen.

• Love 1

I have always thought one of the reasons the Pillow Talkers don’t say anything controversial about the other couples is because they always run the risk of having to see them in future 90 Day publicity events. 

I always felt it was producer driven. As in, if you want future gigs, DO NOT say anything nasty about the other couples. I have lost interest in Pillow Talk because they never say what needs to be said (the TRUTH). Some do, but over all they are over the top sympathetic (which is annoying AF). Speak the obvious truth instead of fan-girling!!!

• Applause 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

Production would have to admit lying so that would never happen.

That’s happened already with some other couples and it’s never disclosed on the show. The viewers only find out about it if some Internet sleuth posts it on a spoiler forum like the Couples’ pages. 

Edited to add: 

They're also never going to mention Bilal’s first marriage. I had to laugh when he said at the wedding, “I’ve always wanted to get married ever since I was young...” and I yelled at my TV, “So you DID! THREE times!” 

Edited by magemaud
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7

I believe the Pillow Talkers are given a script/schedule and talking points. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
8 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

The snark here is better than anything on Pillow Talk, which is one of reasons I don’t watch it.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
On 8/13/2022 at 11:13 AM, Auntie Anxiety said:

I doubt they see everything on a show they're commenting on, just clips that are very selective.   

I'm just wondering who the first flounce off will be?   

I didn't realize until I looked at some of this recorded, exactly what Miona's dress looked like.   I didn't realize it had those huge cutouts.     Who picks the clothes on this show?    some of the 'straps' were very inadequate, and looked uncomfortable.      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My money's on Emily or (second choice) Ari since it's usually the American women who start the flouncing and Tara and Yve don't seem the type to disrupt things in order to get extra camera time. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I doubt they see everything on a show they're commenting on, just clips that are very selective.   

I’ll go with a wild card - I think Debris will flounce off first.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, magemaud said:

My money's on Emily or (second choice) Ari since it's usually the American women who start the flouncing and Tara and Yve don't seem the type to disrupt things in order to get extra camera time. 

I would add Jibri to the list.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 8/13/2022 at 1:48 PM, Frozendiva said:

I would add Jibri to the list.

I had thought about that, but I can't see him flouncing off because that would look like someone "got the better of him." Instead he'd stick around interrupting with his opinions and being a confrontational jerk. 

Well, I have to eat my words about that from next week's preview. I now agree that Jib will do anything to keep the focus on him and if that means having a hissy fit and stomping off stage, cameras in tow, he will do it. And he will get additional camera time when production interviews him about what just happened. He's going to try and hijack the Tell All just like Angela always did. It worked for her, she got more seasons of Sharp $$. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Rebky said:

I always felt it was producer driven. As in, if you want future gigs, DO NOT say anything nasty about the other couples. I have lost interest in Pillow Talk because they never say what needs to be said (the TRUTH). Some do, but over all they are over the top sympathetic (which is annoying AF). Speak the obvious truth instead of fan-girling!!!

I agree I was always baffled about how excited they were about what ever one they were going to watch or next weeks. I can’t wait! They very seldom are critical  of someone’s bad behavior because they want to be there next week. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

Guillermo seems like a nice guy, intelligent, self aware, decent.  That's all I got.

I agree.  Guillermo was cute when he noted all the strong men, then asked that nobody fight him, because he wouldn't be able to handle any of them.  I had to think twice about Mohammed in that category.

I noticed that Kobe was the only one shown greeting all the other guests individually.  He went around the room.  He too seems dignified, until the underwear reveal (back only).

Jabroni and Miona found two matching pleather coats with graffiti and wore them in NYC in June, when this was taped, but they didn't wear matching outfits for the actual tell-all.  Jabroni's peptalk to Bini was stupid, since Bini is not going to be an MMA star in his mid-30s or 40s.  Maybe Ari's realism and support also must have enabled Leandro to get his Ph.D.. 

Thais didn't need a translator, despite her storyline for a boring season.  Her exaggerated reactions and inexplicable lying down, on Patrick, were annoying.  We should find out if John moved to Las Vegas with them.

Tim's or Kenny's declaration that Shaun always gets participants to answer the most difficult questions was as contrived as the weekly fake excitement of Pillow Talk.  TLC seems to be reaching by having Tim and Kenny, John, Kara's ex-boyfriend (not the obligatory sassy gay friend) and Yve's squad member as live guests.  They should have just paid for a better host.

• Applause 6
  • Love 1
On 8/13/2022 at 5:11 PM, Grifter Lives said:

I noticed that Kobe was the only one shown greeting all the other guests individually.  He went around the room. 

Yes, he appeared genuinely friendly and gracious. I just dislike it when Emily tries so hard to prove that he's HERS like when she insists that he kiss her or hold hands on camera. Yve was spot on when she said Emily was "marking her territory." 

Edited by magemaud
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6

Jibri's motivational speech to Bini about "not letting Ari hold you back from achieving your dreams" was just a bunch of platitudes straight out of Daily Affirmations. As far as Bini becoming a MMA fighter, I just looked at his record and (coincidentally) his last fight was a year ago today! 

But he's right about one thing, if by some miracle Bini were actually to become a world class fighter, Ari couldn't handle the jealousy of other women throwing themselves at him. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, magemaud said:

Jibri's motivational speech to Bini about "not letting Ari hold you back from achieving your dreams"

Yet it appears that Jibri has been held back from achieving his dreams by Yoko breaking up the band.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 15
  • Love 5

Jibri was totally an out-of-line, obnoxious, juvenile, insecure little worm attacking Bini and Ari's marriage like he did. Makes me think he is trying to portray himself as a bully and someone to fear, therefore no one will go after him and his own weak behavior and demeanor on the show. Let's not forget the attention and camera time he wants to "grow his non-existent career". I wonder what other shenanigans he has up his sleeve to gain attention. Mimosa must have been dying inside of embarrassment.

I have always liked Bini, but his personality isn't one to verbally hit back while being attacked, so he had to just take it. I can't stand Ari, but I felt a little bad for her. As we get more into the show tonight, I think that Ari will go on the attack towards other people. She is be the female version of Jibby.

I vote Jibby will be the one to flounce off because that goes along with his histrionics and goal of attention seeking. Ari next.

Emily has let herself go. That big red "frock" did nothing for her. Kobe was a gentleman all the way.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, Breedom said:

Jibri was totally an out-of-line, obnoxious, juvenile, insecure little worm attacking Bini and Ari's marriage like he did. Makes me think he is trying to portray himself as a bully and someone to fear, therefore no one will go after him and his own weak behavior and demeanor on the show. Let's not forget the attention and camera time he wants to "grow his non-existent career". I wonder what other shenanigans he has up his sleeve to gain attention. Mimosa must have been dying inside of embarrassment.

I have always liked Bini, but his personality isn't one to verbally hit back while being attacked, so he had to just take it. I can't stand Ari, but I felt a little bad for her. As we get more into the show tonight, I think that Ari will go on the attack towards other people. She is be the female version of Jibby.

I vote Jibby will be the one to flounce off because that goes along with his histrionics and goal of attention seeking. Ari next.

Emily has let herself go. That big red "frock" did nothing for her. Kobe was a gentleman all the way.

I agree with you.    Jibria and Miona obviously only came on this show for publicity, and more followers, and anything they can do to extend their time on TLC is what they'll do.            

How long before J & M come out with OF accounts, or Cameo greetings?   Or do they already have that.   

I've changed my vote on the first flounce, to Jibri because he'll do anything to get more attention.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

Jibri might be projecting on to Ari & Bini how he really feels about how Miona has prevented him from soaring in his dreams with his band due to her disdain for his band members. Maybe he doesn't want to admit it to Miona or the world but he's using Ari to get it off his chest what he should be saying to his wife Miona instead. Just my two cents.

• Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

Did anyone catch the fact Shaida is 37 and has never paid a bill per Bilal.

Then when she told the ex to shut up about her not having any money, the ex said she didn't own a house in the DR and has always lived with her parents.

Bilal is a dick but Shaida is a big fake too. They're birds of a feather and deserve each other.

Edited by LEILANI2
  • Love 6

Well, that happened.  Jibri is a bully.  He is clearly overreacting for camera time. When he kept saying that Bini and Ari's marriage won't work, wish someone had piped up and told him, "Neither will his." 

"People who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones."  No not one of them has the ideal relationship.  

• Love 4
On 8/12/2022 at 11:09 PM, GrammyPammy said:

Jibri is seeming more and more unstable every episode. He was a gigantic jerk on this.

Yes, absolutely.  It did pain me to agree with him on his advice to Kara's ex-boyfriend, MC Fozzy, to just grow up and get over it.  The "spice" about her behaving as if the relationship was over when she went to college was not worth the 15 minutes or so of my time I'll never get back.

Also, Patrick's brother calling him "spackles" was pretty hilarious.  I can't see that being a knockdown dragout fight, though.  Well, Bini for one can fight, but that seems extremely unlikely.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 8/13/2022 at 5:11 PM, Grifter Lives said:

Jabroni and Miona found two matching pleather coats with graffiti and wore them in NYC in June, when this was taped, but they didn't wear matching outfits for the actual tell-all. 

Tim's or Kenny's declaration that Shaun always gets participants to answer the most difficult questions was as contrived as the weekly fake excitement of Pillow Talk.  TLC seems to be reaching by having Tim and Kenny, John, Kara's ex-boyfriend (not the obligatory sassy gay friend) and Yve's squad member as live guests.  They should have just paid for a better host.

I could misremember here, but the backdrop and outfit colors here looked very intentional.  I don't recall this, to this degree, at least, from past tellalls.

Tim I can entirely do without.  I don't recall his season.  Perhaps that's before I watched, or he's just a peripheral character the fans like for some reason.  We're already watching clips and commentary.  I can do my own meta-commentary, thanks.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Anyone think they should ask Patrick why he moves every few months?  I can't recall what kind of business he is in....anyone?  Jibri is a huge asshole, he actually annoyed me continually going after Ari the way he did.  I hope Bini beats the hell out of him outside after the show, he deserves a smackdown.  Peace out ✌🏻

• Like 1
  • Love 5
47 minutes ago, LEILANI2 said:

Then when she told the ex to shut up about her not having any money, the ex said she didn't own a house in the DR and has always lived with her parents.

Bilal is a dick but Shaida is a big fake too. They're birds of a feather and deserve each other.

Yeah she kept talking about all she gave up when her parents were probably done with supporting her.  So I guess whatever she earned from teaching yoga was just used for luxuries.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Well, that happened.  Jibri is a bully.  He is clearly overreacting for camera time. When he kept saying that Bini and Ari's marriage won't work, wish someone had piped up and told him, "Neither will his." 

"People who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones."  No not one of them has the ideal relationship.  

I can’t stand Jibre now and I hope John gives him the business next week but good.  What is he anyhow?  A singer or what?  No wonder his parents didn’t go out of their way for the wedding.  Maybe he has a very mean side to him that we never saw.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I can’t stand Jibre now and I hope John gives him the business next week but good.  What is he anyhow?  A singer or what?  No wonder his parents didn’t go out of their way for the wedding.  Maybe he has a very mean side to him that we never saw.

They sure gave him a good edit this season because he seemed lazy, childless, and harmless with his little matching outfits with wifey, but when there's not 6 other couples around, I wouldn't want to be Miona when she's the only one in the room for him to take out his cruelty.

• Sad 2
  • Love 2

JibJab is desperately trying to be the next big 90 day Thang, it's so forced and obvious and quite frankly sad. He dies nit want to get a real job, he wants to ride the TLC gravy train as far as he can, or u til they pull into Douchebagville.

• Like 1
  • Applause 9
  • Love 2

Based on his behavior, I believe Jibri is angling for a spot on HEA and/or Pillow Talk. I am starting to understand why his Serbian band mate knocked him into a coma when they first met.

• Applause 3
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

Jibby reminds me of my sister's little chihuahua, always thinking she's a big kahuna and going after the big dogs. Yapping, growling, barring her little teeth and not knowing she doesn't have the muscles or stamina  to really threaten anyone. Jibby even has that look, like he's challenging someone. He needs to shut that mouth of his and look at his own life. Guy, you are a grown man who has not been able to get it together, living with ma and pa, unable to realize that you need to get a real job to support yourself and your wife and lastly, stop dreaming you are going to make it big. You are not one to criticize other people when you are failing miserably.

John can hold his own and can easily swat that fly away, meaning Jibby.

Oh, Kara: stop with all the faces. Theis: Stop with the shocked looks and the open mouth.

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 6
(edited)
13 hours ago, LEILANI2 said:

I could see that Shaeeda was living with her parents.  It's a cultural thing.  A few of my cousins lived with their parents well into their 30s because well - culture.  It's not proper for a woman to live on her own. 

That she did give up alot in the Trinadad - I am sure she gave up security. Living with Bilalzebub isn't a walk in the park.  Plus her family doesn't look like some poor family.  She does look like her family is comfortable.

Edited by greekmom
it was 6 am when i wrote this
  • Like 2
  • Love 11

When do we get the confession of Bilal does not own that house he lives in?

I think Jibri should write an entrance song for Bini, you know like an at bat song the baseball players have during a game.

My opinion of the couples are they are not too smart, have we ever had a real professional come to the US? It always seems to be directionless people, no skills to speak of.  That girl who converted to Muslim, she married the dentist is the only one I can think of that had a professional career.

Everyone threatens to go back to their home country but never do.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I could see that Shaeeda was living with her parents.  It's a cultural thing.  A few of my cousins lived with their parents well into their 30s because well - culture.  It's not proper for a woman to live on her own. 

That she did give up alot in the DR - I am sure she gave up security. Living with Bilalzebub isn't a walk in the park.  Plus her family doesn't look like some poor family.  She does look like her family is comfortable.

Well, for one thing, Shaeeda's not from the DR, she's from Trinidad. 

Whether or not she's ever paid a bill, it was nothing less than shitty of Bilal to taunt her with that on national television. I hate him. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 11

Great commentary everyone!

(that's why they need a moderator who can take control. Jibri is good entertainment but it should not be the Jibri show for him to run his mouth non stop).........and did Moana even say 2 words or was she asked anything? (maybe I dozed.....oh I do remember her asking Mohammed if maybe he would be better off with a Muslim and if Yve would convert but beyond that- silence)

• Love 2