Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E18: Tell All Part 1

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I can't believe he would leave his baby.  I think he will put up with almost anything from Ari because he loves that baby and is still heartbroken over losing his first son.

He can stay in the US and see his son and not have to deal with ARi's constant whining. Once the conditions are removed, he can't be forced to stay married to her in order to keep the green card. If anything maybe this was his goal---get to the US, get his green card, citizenship and then make a life here and be involved with his children. Despite what Ari and her parents probably believe, even if he is poor and foreign, he has parental rights. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Perhaps Patrick chooses the houses to rent (buy) KNOWING that John will contribute to the expenses?  Patrick may need John's $$$$.  Do we assume Thais will not be working...but expects to have first-class everything?

Well, that is something that Thais and Patrick have to work out together and not have John a part of.  Maybe they have talked about it, but John should explain to Thais that if she wants the "extra" stuff they need another source of income.  I'm sure she would agree that the extra stuff isn't important.

• Love 2

I have no problem Kobe getting a job through FIL.  Came here with no prospects, if he'd gone to Ohio it would be the same, he'd get a job through contacts.  Keeping the job is on him, so good job!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Maximadc said:

My opinion could be unpopular but John looks like a recovering addict to me

If he's a recovering addict he should not be pounding down the beers like he does. He's more like an alcoholic and not any where near recovering. 

• Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
On 8/16/2022 at 10:11 AM, The Pearl said:

Did anyone else notice Bini subtly giving JibJab the FINGER????  Jibby was going on and on and Bini had his hand up to his face with his middle finger prominantly displayed (and his index finger bent to tone it down slightly).  LOL

Yes! I noticed it. He's not as dumb as we think!

• LOL 1
4 hours ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

Yes I too thought Emily's mother was stunning.

She is. How does a woman like that produce 2 such unattractive daughters? Genetics are a crazy thing. You never know what you're gonna get. 

• LOL 1
35 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

She is. How does a woman like that produce 2 such unattractive daughters? Genetics are a crazy thing. You never know what you're gonna get. 

I think Emily’s sister is attractive!

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

The father.

1 hour ago, Stuckathome said:

be involved with his children.

He gave up his rights to the first son to avoid paying child support.

1 hour ago, rr2911 said:

I'm sure she would agree that the extra stuff isn't important.

I don’t know she always want to buy stuff and called the Dallas house small lol.  I doubt she would be happy in a starter home or apartment.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

If he's a recovering addict he should not be pounding down the beers like he does. He's more like an alcoholic and not any where near recovering. 

I thought there were references to John being physically or sexually abused as a child and that’s why Patrick feels protective of him.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
Just now, MrBuhBye said:

I thought there were references to John being physically or sexually abused as a child and that’s why Patrick feels protective of him.

And he helped pay the bills after Patrick's first wife left. There is certainly a lot going on with them besides what we are being shown.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

There are a lot of things not to like about Patrick, but his loyalty to his brother isn't one of them, at least for me. Thaís doesn't seem to have come from such an exalted position in her own life that she can suddenly start issuing orders now about kicking John to the curb. Didn't she have members of extended family also living in her household in Brazil?

• Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Maximadc said:

My opinion could be unpopular but John looks like a recovering addict to me.

if that's the case, from all the scenes of him drinking, he's obviously traded one addiction for another. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Welshman in Ca said:

And he helped pay the bills after Patrick's first wife left. There is certainly a lot going on with them besides what we are being shown.

I thought it was "telling" that he didn't join Patrick and Thais when they went to see Paula in Boston. Both he and Patrick have talked about their abusive relationship with their mother growing up and maybe John will never forgive her. Now that she's dying, I think Patrick has been guilted into reaching out to her, but John wants no part of a reconciliation. Everyone was probably relieved that she wasn't up to attending the wedding. 

1 hour ago, The Pearl said:

Jesus, he had nothing nice to say about ANY of the women.

I think Jibri stifled a laugh when he and Ari were comparing outfits and she said, "That's okay, I'm cuter anyway..." (I admit that I did, too!) 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, magemaud said:
1 hour ago, The Pearl said:

I think Jibri stifled a laugh when he and Ari were comparing outfits and she said, "That's okay, I'm cuter anyway..." (I admit that I did, too!) 

Well there were people who called  E.T. cute.

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Can't stand the pompous jerk but that was funny and yeah, he's a misogynist. Hates women, loves the men. We can thank Mother Jibri and all her psycho babble for that. She raised one effed up son! 

Shouldn't Mama JibJab be ASHAMED to appear on reality TV as some sort of therapist with the way she F'd up her precious son???  My God!!!!  There must be one hell of a back story about ole Jibby that we just don't know.  Otherwise Mama Jibby is a hard pill to swallow and  has some explaining to do!

• Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 8/15/2022 at 1:36 PM, bichonblitz said:

Thoughts:

Why does Patrick keep saying Thais doesn't speak english? She speaks very well, even better now than when the season was filmed. Is it a control thing with him? So he takes over making all her appointments and phone calls he makes her think her English is not good? 

John: You still living at home with your parents, Spahkles? 

Spahkles: Crickets. Why didn't dumbass Shawn follow up on that? 

C'mon, Bini! Stand up for your woman. Say something! He could probably put Jibri in a suffocating choke hold in a second if he wanted to just like he did with Ari's ex. 

Guillermo is hot AF. Give him 10 yrs and his boyish looks are going to be handsome manly deliciousness. The way he was sitting there with his legs crossed like a model puts the other losers to shame. Is he tall enough to be a model? Because that is what he should be doing. Kara, be good to that man.

Not enough Kenny and Tim commentary. Kenny has gained alot of weight. His face is full and his belly is overlapping his pants. It's hard to control yourself with all that yummy Mexican food around you all the time. I feel you, bro! 

I think Bini being an MMA fighter he has to have great restraint.  

It’s like some people have to learn anger control!

Everybody there knows Bini could take down 10 Sparkles!!!

• LOL 3

I hate Bilal. I highly doubt he’ll ever change. His ex-wife knows how he is and gangs up on her. I don’t think Shaeeda is the epitome of humble. But Bilal is not some great-hearted, sweet man. He’s passive-aggressive. And I really think he lost his temper after this. This is all speculation. But I’m being honest with where my head is on this.

I hate to agree with Patrick, but I'm glad he called Bilal a salesman with the way he twists shit. Seeing Bilal's face when Patrick called him out as almost an 'expert' salesman really seemed to have an effect on him. Anyone else notice him change his tone of voice for the rest of the episode? I really hope that Shaeeda gets the baby she always wanted.

I’m having trouble getting past Tim’s pant/boot/vest combo. Looking like Gaston in a community production of Beauty and the Beast.

What is Jibri’s problem, seriously!? He’s just tearing into EVERYONE! I love that Jibri is trying to go so hard at everyone and absolutely no one is taking him seriously. Sparkles is a fucking doucebag! Hellooooo, you have been sucking on your mama’s tit your whole life, but you feel you can judge the other couples relationships. Take a mirror and really look at yourself.

You cannot tell me Chris, Kara's high school boyfriend, is not a paid actor.

I thought Kobe had a lot of good moments. I particularly liked what he said about jealousy. Everybody gets jealous, but how you communicate it and what you do with that jealousy is important!

Guillermo is an angel and we should cherish and protect him.

Ok, Patrick calls all American women controlling but no one pointed out how he wouldn’t let Thais decorate, tried to book her makeup, and threw money at her when she tried to ask about finances? I don’t think he is terrible in the scheme of this show but that was a hypocritical moment.

• Applause 5
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, rr2911 said:

I'm sure she would agree that the extra stuff isn't important.

RE: THAIS.  "Not important" ??   That is NOT the girl we saw shopping with Patrick.  She wants expensive things and lots of them. She called Patrick cheap.  If Patrick needs John's financial contributions, I'd bet that has been explained to Thais numerous times...by both brothers.

It's possible (like Bilal) that he gave a wrong impression of WEALTH when he was visiting her country.  Expensive gifts, restaurants, clubs--his expensive clothing/watch, luggage, etc.  Then...back in the good ol' USofA ... not such a showoff.  Real life.  

• Useful 1
6 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Ok, Patrick calls all American women controlling but no one pointed out how he wouldn’t let Thais decorate, tried to book her makeup, and threw money at her when she tried to ask about finances? I don’t think he is terrible in the scheme of this show but that was a hypocritical moment.

I'm thinking the house was a rental & that the landlord may not want it decorated or Patrick didn't want to have to pay to have it put back how it was. He thought he was helping with the make up thing, a good example of men being from mars etc. Can't disagree about the money throwing part though, that was just awful.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, The Pearl said:

There must be one hell of a back story about ole Jibby that we just don't know. 

And we don't WANT to know...unless that story can be told in fewer than ten minutes...and then it's Buh-Bye Jibri and Miona Bell...forever!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:
14 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Have you seen the photos (I can't find them now) of her early "starlet" years trying to make it in Hollywood.  She was (and is) a REAL beauty.

I have not, do you have a link ?

Couldn't find it at the time or I would have posted it.

4 hours ago, The Pearl said:

Shouldn't Mama JibJab be ASHAMED to appear on reality TV as some sort of therapist with the way she F'd up her precious son??? 

I've been trying to remember the relevant saying.  I think it's "the cobbler's children have no shoes ".  

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Obviously sending him to military school didn’t help.

There are nonmacho straight men.  I thought in 2022 we had stopped speculating about sexuality.  And if they are closeted that is solely their business.

Thank you @MrBuhBye. Seriously.

37 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

He’s passive-aggressive. And I really think he lost his temper after this. This is all speculation.

I thought the same thing, man I don't envy Shaeeda when they go back to their hotel room. I'm sure he iced her out for hours after that. He's a real piece of work, a passive aggressive bully when it's just them, but a real pussy when nobody is backing his ass up. Then he's all quiet and demure. Too late Bile, we already see you, asshole.

39 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

I hate to agree with Patrick, but I'm glad he called Bilal a salesman with the way he twists shit. Seeing Bilal's face when Patrick called him out as almost an 'expert' salesman really seemed to have an effect on him. Anyone else notice him change his tone of voice for the rest of the episode? I really hope that Shaeeda gets the baby she always wanted.

That entire Patrick monoloque on what a saleman Bilal is was a thing of beauty, wasn't it? Bilal didn't know what to do with it because he was being called a master salesman, which I'm sure he fancies himself as he holds himself in an unnaturally high regard, but it was clearly being meant as shade. So he gets his ultimate moniker - master salesman - but in a very derogatory way that calls out his passive aggressive ass. That was masterful. I can give Patrick a big old pass for a lot of stuff after he said that. However, I don't hope Shaeeda has a child with this manipulator, she needs to untie herself from him, he's toxic as the day is long.

As for the rest, the only two people are catches and who are decent folks who, incidentally don't deserve the shrews they're not married to, are Guillermo and Kobe.

• Applause 2
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Hotel Snarker said:

You cannot tell me Chris, Kara's high school boyfriend, is not a paid actor.

I thought it was Kid Rock fallen on hard times.

1 hour ago, Hotel Snarker said:

I thought Kobe had a lot of good moments. I particularly liked what he said about jealousy. Everybody gets jealous, but how you communicate it and what you do with that jealousy is important!

Yeah although I doubt many dudes are hitting on Emily so what  does he have to be jealous about?

34 minutes ago, kirklandia said:

I've been trying to remember the relevant saying.  I think it's "the cobbler's children have no shoes ".  

That and craftsmen neglect their own homes because it’s the last thing they want to do when they’re off work. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I thought it was Kid Rock fallen on hard times.

Yeah although I doubt many dudes are hitting on Emily so what  does he have to be jealous about?

That and craftsmen neglect their own homes because it’s the last thing they want to do when they’re off work. 

I had a friend who was a carpenter as was his father and his mother had to call people in to sort out her kitchen cabinets after waiting & asking them to do it for 5 years.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

RE: THAIS.  "Not important" ??   That is NOT the girl we saw shopping with Patrick.  She wants expensive things and lots of them. She called Patrick cheap.  If Patrick needs John's financial contributions, I'd bet that has been explained to Thais numerous times...by both brothers.

It's possible (like Bilal) that he gave a wrong impression of WEALTH when he was visiting her country.  Expensive gifts, restaurants, clubs--his expensive clothing/watch, luggage, etc.  Then...back in the good ol' USofA ... not such a showoff.  Real life.  

I would certainly expect the same gifts, clothing, dinners in the US too. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I would certainly expect the same gifts, clothing, dinners in the US too. 

Then Patrick would be a disappointment.  Thais saw vacation money.  Now they're living real life.  Bilal would DEFINITELY disappoint. He was flaunting wealth he aspired to...definitely leading Shaeeda on.  Rumor is that "his" house is a furnished model home.  Rumor... 

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
4 hours ago, gingerella said:

That entire Patrick monoloque on what a saleman Bilal is was a thing of beauty, wasn't it?

I'd bet Patrick has always been on track to better himself.  His background was dismal and he looked for a way out.  For someone without a top education or family money, SALES one way to "the top"!  He probably had lots of sales training...both on jobs and in classes/ workshops he took on his own.  He has good insight (also provided in sales training) and sure can spot a con.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, gingerella said:

I thought the same thing, man I don't envy Shaeeda when they go back to their hotel room. I'm sure he iced her out for hours after that. He's a real piece of work, a passive aggressive bully when it's just them, but a real pussy when nobody is backing his ass up. Then he's all quiet and demure. Too late Bile, we already see you, asshole.

I hope Shaeeda has a way to record* his treatment of her: notes, audio, video, calls, tell friends, etc.  Anything that's questionable.  *In case she needs something for "legal purposes."  Don't trust a bully!  ("Bile" TeeHee)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Then Patrick would be a disappointment.  Thais saw vacation money.  Now they're living real life.  Bilal would DEFINITELY disappoint. He was flaunting wealth he aspired to...definitely leading Shaeeda on.  Rumor is that "his" house is a furnished model home.  Rumor... 

I would prefer the vacation money. He most likely projected that he was rich and that she would have a similar lifestyle in the US. Like a weird bait and switch. Bait me with nice things on your visit and life at home with you is very different. Maybe be upfront about 'vacation' spending and reality.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

In any case, it's just a weird arrangement they have.  Everywhere they go John goes along.  That is not normal.   

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

So how much money are we talking about?   Patrick going door to door selling security cameras surely isn't paying the bills.

Something else is going on.  Count on it!

He could have lied, but he told us he makes $1,000 a day.   He probably doesn't work 20 days/month.  Isn't he the leader of a sales force?

It would certainly be more interesting if "something else" were going on.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, rr2911 said:

In any case, it's just a weird arrangement they have.  Everywhere they go John goes along.  That is not normal.   

I've seen it at times. Usually the sibling or other relative is not well and can't manage living alone. I don't know or recall what if anything John does for a job. He seems to have alcohol issues. Patrick probably knows that if John can't live with them (or if they don't provide some kind of housing nearby) he will be homeless. The plans should have been talked about in detail between Thais and Patrick before she came over. For some reason I'm reminded of the uncle who Mike (in WA) let live at his place.

Just my 2 cents... 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Like 3
6 minutes ago, Tuneful said:

I've seen it at times. Usually the sibling or other relative is not well and can't manage living alone. I don't know or recall what if anything John does for a job. He seems to have alcohol issues. Patrick probably knows that if John can't live with them (or if they don't provide some kind of housing nearby) he will be homeless. The plans should have been talked about in detail between Thais and Patrick before she came over. For some reason I'm reminded of the uncle who Mike (in WA) let live at his place.

Just my 2 cents... 

My theory is that Patrick could no longer afford the mortgage on the Austin house after the divorce and John moved In at least in part so he could stay there.  Then when they moved to Dallas either Patrick felt like he owed John for saving his ass in Austin or he still needed John’s income to cover the rent on the Dallas place.   It’s my understanding that he owned the Austin house but just rented the Dallas one.  

Also John works at the same home alarm company.  Patrick sells the service door to door and John does the installations.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
On 8/17/2022 at 9:14 PM, rr2911 said:

1. I don't think it's "everywhere."
  2. We've seen shots in the car...furniture/decor shopping with only P&T.
  3. Patrick and/or John don't call the shots; they follow direction.
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
On 8/17/2022 at 5:44 PM, Back Atcha said:

Couldn't find it at the time or I would have posted it.

I posted it up thread:

On 8/17/2022 at 1:21 PM, magemaud said:
On 8/18/2022 at 12:14 AM, rr2911 said:

John didn’t accompany them to Vegas or Boston. 

On 8/16/2022 at 10:17 AM, rr2911 said:

First of all, I think every U.S. couple here is at fault for the troubles in their relationships.  It was their decision to look overseas for love.  It's silly that they all expect their foreign partners to know and follow the American way as soon as they step foot on American soil.  From what I've read in this forum, everyone seems to be going one direction and me the other, especially about John.

Kara/Guillermo - The only thing I got form them is that I don't think a pregnancy is going to prevent Kara from wanting to party.  Guillermo seems like a level headed guy, but Kara is too "loose" for their marriage. 

Emily/Kobe - Emily is just not a nice person.  Kobe could've done much better here.  He seems like a guy who really wants this to work.  Unfortunately, Emily just wants to stay home and expect expensive things from Kobe.  One other note...I would date her mom in a heart beat!  Her mom is a very attractive woman.  😍

Yve/Mohammad - I don't think this marriage is going to last.  These are two very different people with way different religious beliefs.  She is a 46 year old free going woman and he is an Egyptian man who is more structured.  She wants him to see the Americn way and I believe he is trying, but in the end the differences in culture is going to be their undoing.  Yve's "squad" friends aren't helping either.  She never seemed to have his back when they were drilling him with their personal questioning, which was none of their business.  

Patrick/Thaeis - Hopefully with a baby in the mix now, their relationaship could start to grow.  During the 90 Day season, I thought it would be wise for Thais to go back home, especially with John lurking around.  What is it with John having to live with them?  For a second I thought he might have a medical issue that needed for someone to take care of him.  You know, maybe he didn't have all his marbles upstairs!  Anyway, I'm hoping Patrick and Thais's move to Las Vegas doesn't include that irresponsible third wheel trouble maker.  One other note.....Thais looked beautiful as always and loved, loved her expressions!!  😍

Bilal/Shaeeda - Shaeeda should run or fly back home and never look back!  Bilal is a smooth talker who will twists words around.  She made a big mistake by not writing an ultimatum in the prenup.  Another mistake she made was not telling the ex-wife that Bilal's and her prenup was not any of her business.  I don't see this marriage lasting either.

Jabri/Miona - I never liked Jabri but I was surprised that he acted like an ass.  Even though it was about time someone points out Ari's jealous ways, I was taken back by Jabri's attitude.  It was disappointing that Bini didn't react one way or the other.  Now, when it comes to Jabri and John, I hope Jabri gets some good shots, maybe head shots on John.  Even though I think John could probably take on Jabri with no problem, it would be nice to see John with some blood.  Like that quote from the movie Predator, "If it breaths, it bleeds".  John had the gull to question Jabri living with his parents when John is probably going to be the main reason behind Patrick's and Thais's breakup!

Ari/Bini - Like I said earlier, disappointing to see no reaction from Bini when Jabri started to mouth at Ari.  I just don't see how this marriage can work.  Ari is extremely jealous and suffers from low self esteem.  I thought the time Bini was sparring with a female fighter and Ari made a scene was uncalled for on Ari's part.  I hope the host of the show questions Ari about her ex husband.  Her ex has no business taking part in family events or anything to do with Bini and Ari.  Maybe Jabri will question Ari about her ex.  I will be on Jabei's side on that one.

Tim and Kenny were absolutely useless!!!  Let me repeat that again, Tim and Kenny were absolutely useless!  A waste of time!  They didn't bring anything new to the show.

What's with friends being more important than the fiances.  Yve choosing her friends over Mohammad and not having his back isn't the right way to start a relationship much less a marriage.

This is the first time I've quoted an entire post for the sole purpose of telling the poster - you, @rr2911 - I agree with everything you wrote. 

Thank you. It's good to know I'm not a lone wolf in here!

P.S. I find the love of John disturbing. As I said in one of the earlier episode's forums, I believe John is jealous of Thais and scared Patrick will replace him with her as his best friend and confidante (which is what a spouse should be). He's okay with Thais being Patrick's arm candy and sex partner, but John is used to filling every other role in Patrick's life and he's not going to give those roles up without a fight.

That's what John's "Be a man!" schtick was about when Patrick wanted to consult Thais about the wedding tuxes and John said he should just be a man and make his own decision. He knows Thais was upset at not being given any input about the house in Dallas, the decor, or any of the wedding plans. If he can continue to prod Patrick into not giving Thais any input on anything else, he thinks the problem might solve itself and Thais will get sick of being just arm candy and a sex partner and decide to go back to Brazil on her own. 

But now that Thais is pregnant, I see a different scenario in their future.

Thais is not going to allow John to throw parties and invite a bunch of people over to drink and get loud once the baby is born, and Patrick isn't going to want to go out and party with John after a couple of weeks of being woken up every two hours every night by his baby's cries, so that may be what brings the situation to a head. Patrick will have to choose between his brother and the well-being of his wife and child.

Let's hope he makes the right decision and kicks John to the curb where he belongs.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
On 8/18/2022 at 12:52 AM, Jeanne222 said:

So how much money are we talking about?   Patrick going door to door selling security cameras surely isn't paying the bills.

Something else is going on.  Count on it!

According to Reality Titbit:

"The two brothers work together as Patrick sells home security alarms and manages sales teams throughout Texas. Meanwhile, John is the person who installs them." [Boldface mine]

If Patrick is not just selling the systems but also managing the sales teams throughout the state, he's most likely making more money than John. Maybe much more.

Edited by TwirlyGirly
Added [Boldface mine]
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Yes, with that company the way you make the big money is by managing sales teams, and you get a cut of their commissions.   That's a lot more than what the individual sales people make.     It's been compared to the MLM sales/marketing model where everyone you recruit pays you a part of their commissions or sales.      They weren't in Dallas for long, so I suspect it was a short term or corporate rental situation. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Yes, with that company the way you make the big money is by managing sales teams, and you get a cut of their commissions.   That's a lot more than what the individual sales people make.     It's been compared to the MLM sales/marketing model where everyone you recruit pays you a part of their commissions or sales.      They weren't in Dallas for long, so I suspect it was a short term or corporate rental situation. 

Now that I think about it, maybe the move to Vegas was in the works all along and had something to do with their weekend trip there. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2