Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E14: Power of Veto #5

Pop Tart
  • Start Topic

Michael had best be careful and not break up the leftovers too soon.  It could rebound on him because he can’t play for HOH and Brittany will have trouble winning if it is too physical.  

• Love 1

Yay OTEV! He's a cockroach! ha ha ha! I liked him best when he was a pig. Those roach costumes are cute.

My tears fell like rain, all alone on the phone - ? Potty talk BBQ sauce. ('Bye Brittany!)

Along the beach, drinking beers in the shade, somebody cut me off, I thought I saw a mermaid.  Mermaid Mayo. ('Bye Jasmine!)

Is it on a farm, my mama's cooking was funny, I smashed my face on a pie, it really filled my tummy. (Second HOH comp) Pie Fest Fire Sauce. ('Bye Turner! The first three eliminated are the ones with injuries.)

something about grace, have something on your face - Face Piercing HOH. Aw poor Joseph. Piercin deGallo?? ('Bye Joseph)

Missed this song completely. Oh yeah, the get lit comp. Michael's turning it on now. Get Lit G - ravy. ('Bye Monte)

In my dog thinks the park is a hoot, something something went on my boot. (BB Dog Park PO) Mind Your Step Mustard! Yay Michael! 3rd POV comp!

• Like 1

Well I’ll give these delusional idiots credit for giving us the enjoyment of watching their unfortunate game tank every week. They are so full of themselves, they continue to stay clueless.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

The only good thing about Terrance’s reasonably ample amount of camera time tonight is that he provided irrefutable proof of what an utter buffoon he is. Wow. What an idiot.

• Like 11
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Jasmine's and Daniel's faces when Monte, Joseph and Terrance were saved. Nice nomination speech by Michael! 

Right, Daniel would be content to be a loyal shield. He wouldn't be loyal, either.

Taylor was holding the chips bag the wrong way - she should have had the Lays side showing.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Confirmed that the next HOH will be the wall comp!

Daniel, have you forgotten that you wanted Michael out during your HOH simply because Michael was also a super fan? And that you wanted nothing to do with him until he won HOH?

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

Confirmed that the next HOH will be the wall comp!

Daniel, have you forgotten that you wanted Michael out during your HOH simply because Michael was also a super fan? And that you wanted nothing to do with him until he won HOH?

But…but…isn’t Daniel known for his loyalty and keeping his word.   And he is allied with strategic genius Terrance.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Glad the festies besties will end after this week.  It served its' purpose.

But we now know that everyone except Daniel and Kyle are guaranteed to make at least jury - including do nothings Terrance, Jasmine, Alyssa, Indy.

• Love 2

Turner is younger than my son so he is definitely not my BB boyfriend, but I am absolutely going to adopt him as my BB child.

So Jasmine says all that dumb shit in the house?  Oh I would have self-evicted a month ago.

Terrance, you are an idiot.  Although the editors playing the celebration horn when Terrance thought he accomplished something made me laugh and laugh.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Wow, what a spectacular coward.

Michael spends 45 minutes of the episode crowing how he might make this BIG MOVE really selling us to believe it's going to happen but in the end he just chickened out. I don't care how anyone here tries to spin it. He was all hat and no cattle.

Tonight I thought...maybe I don't have to lose interest in this season...maybe we'll get a shake up. But no its back to the same old same old...one dominant alliance having a stranglehold...doesn't matter if its the good guys or the bad guys...it's boring television picking off the opposition one by one.

Anyway with that said as for the rest of the episode I instantly fast forward it when they tried to milk the muffin thing for another episode in a row.

Otev! Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I was shocked it was tonight. For some reason I thought it came much later after the jury phase had started.

Anyway Taylor set herself on the glide path to be a LAYS spokewoman. You go girl!

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 1

I don’t think Michael was a coward. I think that having five people coming to him one after the other with identical pitches made him wary of sending home a Leftover too soon.  If Monte left, the house would have a 6-5 split which means one flipper and….

• Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14

Hey Terrance and Daniel, Mercellas called to say thank You! He's off the hook after that idiotic idea of throwing that veto. I think everyone on that side is a bad player, but Terrance and Daniel take it to epic levels. so very bad, and Terrance in particular is so damn full of himself. 

Taylor and her Lays are iconic, and Turner snarking on Jasmine is everything. I saw someone comparing him to Jim from The Office, and I can see that. 

And Michael on the "phone" to Nicole was hysterical. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6

What is it this season with people wanting to go on the block, so sure that the other person will go home?  When Pooch went home, you would think people might be a little more wary but both Nicole and Terrence were right there begging to go to the guillotine.  As much as I am glad Daniel (or Kyle for that matter) is going home, it would have been hilarious for Terrence and Daniel to get all excited only to have the house send Terrence home instead if noms had stayed the same.  They're more Fessy than Fessy was.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

That was the strangest little “woof” when Pooch’s picture was shown. They couldn’t record a real dog?

I kind of wish Terrance had won and kept noms the same. It would have been fun to see him Pooch (“woof!”) himself.

2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

My tears fell like rain, all alone on the phone - ? Potty talk BBQ sauce. ('Bye Brittany!)

I believe the lyric was “all alone on the throne”.

2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Taylor was holding the chips bag the wrong way - she should have had the Lays side showing.

This is why I don’t understand that segment. I find it hard to believe that whole thing was Taylor’s idea— I’m sure they made her do that. But then why hide the name of the chips? That defeats the whole idea of product placement. So that must mean it wasn’t product placement, and Lay’s did not authorize it. (The name was hidden in every shot— not a coincidence.) So then what was the point? Was it supposed to be comical? Are we supposed to be amused by the idea of a thin, pretty girl stuffing her face with potato chips? WHY?? Somebody please explain it to me like I’m Terrance.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

This is why I don’t understand that segment. I find it hard to believe that whole thing was Taylor’s idea— I’m sure they made her do that. But then why hide the name of the chips? That defeats the whole idea of product placement. So that must mean it wasn’t product placement, and Lay’s did not authorize it. (The name was hidden in every shot— not a coincidence.) So then what was the point? Was it supposed to be comical? Are we supposed to be amused by the idea of a thin, pretty girl stuffing her face with potato chips? WHY?? Somebody please explain it to me like I’m Terrance.

I think it's product placement, but they don't want it to look like product placement.  The houseguests said the word "Lays" once or twice, so the viewers knew what she was munching on.  If they had "Lays" out there front and center in each shot, I guess it would have looked too obvious.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

No, is probably doing that on purpose because Lays doesn't pay for ads. It's the same reason why logos are often covered on shirts with tape.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, vb68 said:

Turner snarking on Jasmine is everything

I  don't think I can get enough of it.

4 hours ago, mojoween said:

Terrance, you are an idiot.  Although the editors playing the celebration horn when Terrance thought he accomplished something made me laugh and laugh.

LOL,  dammit,  when was this??

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

I think it's product placement, but they don't want it to look like product placement.  The houseguests said the word "Lays" once or twice, so the viewers knew what she was munching on.  If they had "Lays" out there front and center in each shot, I guess it would have looked too obvious.

39 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

No, is probably doing that on purpose because Lays doesn't pay for ads. It's the same reason why logos are often covered on shirts with tape.

Either way, I hope it’s over. As filler fluff goes, last week’s Muffingate was at least amusing. (Although this week’s add-on was a classic case of overplaying the joke.) The Lay’s segment was just dumb.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I find it hard to believe that whole thing was Taylor’s idea— I’m sure they made her do that. But then why hide the name of the chips? That defeats the whole idea of product placement. So that must mean it wasn’t product placement, and Lay’s did not authorize it. (The name was hidden in every shot— not a coincidence.) So then what was the point? Was it supposed to be comical? Are we supposed to be amused by the idea of a thin, pretty girl stuffing her face with potato chips? WHY?? Somebody please explain it to me like I’m Terrance.

IMHO nobody ever intended the chips to be a “thing” - or a product placement ad opportunity, for that matter - but it sure kinda ended up that way. 😄  Here’s how *I* think it went…

1. Originally, the chips weren’t anything special - just part of the normal House grocery stock.
  2. Apparently Lays Classic are Taylor’s all-time favorite brand, however, and gurrlfriend was on them like a duck on a June bug.
  3. Taylor is so hooked on them, as a matter of fact, that she is frequently toting a bag of them around the House.
  4. As a result, the familiar yellow bag has been caught on-camera in a number of key House scenes - most notably, Daniel’s chewing-Taylor-out scene - as well as in the actual House dialogue; when Daniel starts his tirade by saying “Stop it.  Just… stop it”, Taylor’s immediate response was, “What - the Lay’s?”  The camera captures of that same scene also have a clear shot of the label side of the bag.

…so whether they wanted to or not, TPTB find themselves in the somewhat awkward (for them) position of having the House’s story line inadvertently driving an unintended (and free) product placement ad - and I doubt Lay’s is complaining.  😁 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

Classic "overplaying your hand scenario". 

Michael was leaning towards flipping the house and voting Monte out, when Daniel and House puppet-master "DJ Showtime" came up with the same plan.  Then they convince the ladies that that would be a good idea.  I can understand Michael's surprise when 5 Houseguests just "randomly" strolled into the HoH room, one at a time, and laid out the same identical plan.  At that point, he'd be crazy to go along with it.

However, next week would be a good time to take out a strong competitor because Indy, Jasmine, Allysa, and DJ Showtime are totally useless as players.  I'd like to see an alliance actually call themselves "The Floaters" and strategize with each other about how best to "stay under the radar", "not get blood on my hands", "go along with the will of the House", "promise the HoH anything", and wonder when the right time to make a "big move in this game" would be.  That would be funny!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, mojoween said:

So Jasmine says all that dumb shit in the house?  Oh I would have self-evicted a month ago.

She probably boasts of her cleverness in what she says to Julie.  And I would not be surprised if she does say similar in the house.  

I agree with you--but Turner's imitations are fire!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Nashville said:

IMHO nobody ever intended the chips to be a “thing” - or a product placement ad opportunity, for that matter - but it sure kinda ended up that way. 😄  Here’s how *I* think it went…

1. Originally, the chips weren’t anything special - just part of the normal House grocery stock.
  2. Apparently Lays Classic are Taylor’s all-time favorite brand, however, and gurrlfriend was on them like a duck on a June bug.
  3. Taylor is so hooked on them, as a matter of fact, that she is frequently toting a bag of them around the House.
  4. As a result, the familiar yellow bag has been caught on-camera in a number of key House scenes - most notably, Daniel’s chewing-Taylor-out scene - as well as in the actual House dialogue; when Daniel starts his tirade by saying “Stop it.  Just… stop it”, Taylor’s immediate response was, “What - the Lay’s?”  The camera captures of that same scene also have a clear shot of the label side of the bag.

…so whether they wanted to or not, TPTB find themselves in the somewhat awkward (for them) position of having the House’s story line inadvertently driving an unintended (and free) product placement ad - and I doubt Lay’s is complaining.  😁 

Agree with this & making her turn the bag around makes it even more obvious who's chips they are without Lay's having to lay (😀) out a penny for product placement & they're laughing all the way to the bank with free advertising that would cost a small fortune to pay for.

• LOL 1
4 hours ago, Nashville said:

I guess this is what comes of having a bigger budget ($750,000 first place prize money); the food stockers went for a familiar brand name, and when the chips became a storyline, production tried to tease some product-placement $$$ out of Frito-Lay.  Now that that has failed, they're hiding the brand name.

Let that be a lesson to you: stick to good old Ralphs house brand.  In the red bag, not the yellow.  There's a reason Fred Meyer kept the name of the chain when they bought the stores. 

(Well, probably because Fred Meyer knew they were going to be bought out themselves [by Kroger] in a few years, so there wasn't much point in sinking $$$ into re-branding the stores, but still.  Myself, I still remember when the Ralphs stores in the San Fernando Valley were Hughes Groceries. [/old])

Until checking just now, I didn't know that Frito-Lay was a Pepsico subsidiary.  Boo!  #TeamCoke 'til I die, baby!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Epic speech by Michael. I hope Daniel feels like an ass. And I hope Julie is not easy on him.

Have you met Julie?

I'm shocked Terrance made it as far as he did in OTEV - he might actually have won if he hadn't thrown it. The last person in the house I would have expected to do well in that competition.

And Terrance? You are not "my boy" and stop calling yourself DJ Showtime. You drive a bus for a living. You DJ at a karaoke bar for fun. You are not famous.

Week 2 of Muffingate was overkill, saved only by the comedic stylings of Turner. He is definitely my new fave. 

I disagree with those who want to see the Leftovers break up and start turning on each other, I want them to stay together until there is no one else left because I like all of them, except Kyle. I don't want Daniel, Terrance, Alyssa, Jasmine or Indy anywhere near the finals. I don't like any of them and none of them deserve to win.

• Like 2
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

I don't watch the feeds.  What do they have in the supply room?

This can't be answered in an episode thread.  Anyone with answers can post here or send Tachi Rocinate a PM.