Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: It's My Party and I'll Fight if I Want To

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, realityplease said:

Shep never mentions love - he's happy (for now) because he can tolerate her. 

Uuugh, wasn’t that the WORST? I can’t imagine how it must feel to hear the person you love, live with, and think about building a future with describe you as someone he “tolerates.” Nope, not for me, put my ass on that pedestal plz!

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Why do they keep inserting Patricia at all of these functions? We all know in real life that would never happen. Her speech at the party was stupid. 

My take is Bravo likes her and they're trying to keep an element of that southern hospitality & poise (which shockingly is not evoked by Shep's many baseball caps and dipsomania)  I think it was much more organic during the earlier seasons bc Whitney was actually friends (or friendly) with Thomas and Cameran and the conversations were much more natural when different age groups gathered. Now we're stuck with Madison & Venita reading a terrible script, Naomie's Dollar Store Cameran and Kathryn's delusions.

3 minutes ago, Peachyqueen said:

Airtime and mailbox money? 😬😜

Seriously. Blonde 1 & 2 are following the tradition of Naomie, Madison and Kathryn and it's why I cannot listen to Madison going after Austen no matter what I think of him (and I'm still ticked off they brought her back especially after what she said to Danni).

• Love 7

There are a lot of fake fights on this show.

But it looked like Kathryn didn’t expect to be confronted about the money emojis again.

Especially when she was spouting some nonsense about rising kids right or something like that.

She was looking for a fight after that.

Bravo paid for all that fancy catering but they wanted to detonate some bombs to see what might happen.  Did they get Patricia to talk about clean slates and for Leva to suggest they air all the resentments they had towards each other?  Maybe they wanted a food fight.

That is why they keep Kathryn on this show, she will never turn the other cheek, never pass up the chance to be a shrieking harpy.

A grown man getting emotional about his childhood home?

Whitney must need the Bravo money to play the butler this season.  What Renob not booking enough gigs?

• LOL 3
8 hours ago, SHERMDOG said:

Ok...On WWHL Madison looks horrible!! Did she get veneers? Her teeth look freaking HUGE! AND DIFFERENT!!

Right?  She lost her look.  Too young to go under the knife.

• Love 3

I cannot stand Patricia, Leva, Venita, Austen, Shep or No-Me.  Catherine still needs help in an Anna Nicole  way.

More than half the cast.  It's become VDPR without anyone interesting.  I'm .out.

• Love 7

I agree, this season is not great. For me, it’s because I can see the producer’s manipulations and plot lines in every scene. Like, when Venita was asking Madison why she would invite Kathryn, I was rolling my eyes at the TV and muttering, “Because this isn’t a real birthday party, and y’all are contractually obligated to film with each other so many times per season.”

Does anyone believe these people actually hang out with each other when not filming? I don’t. I know that all reality shows are heavily produced and even scripted, but SC is just super-extra fake now. There’s no REAL drama anymore (at least, not on camera). Such is the natural life cycle of reality TV, I suppose. And SC is clearly at its end.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8

First season or two of SC wasn't like that.

But you knew they were eventually going to get the Bravo treatment, a lot of women screaming at each other at these fake events and parties.

• Like 1
  • Love 9

I was hoping to like Venita, but guess not. I did like when she admitted Madison liked to push buttons, just not hers. Kathryn saying she's not a dramatic person was fun. Kathryn looks awful. BRAVO re ran the 1st season during the day. Kathryn was obviously young, but she really was naturally pretty-and skinny. I found 30ish to be when most of my really pretty friends went from really pretty to gorgeous. They learned to make the best of their assets. Kathryn seems determined to do just the opposite. And really, the Boobs? I have come to expect boobs on display in the Howives shows, but I thought this group was more subtle. But, not Katherine. They are actually distracting, but not in a good way. 

• Love 4
(edited)

So a whole birthday party with about 20 people, where each person only gets 1 finger sandwich?  

And one guest apologetically took 2?

I don't care how many "event planners" you hire, ya gotta feed people.   That's not "charming" at all.

Katherine gets compared to Anna Nicole Smith a lot, but what people forget is that ANS was famous before her downfall.  She was a sultry, gorgeous Guess jeans model.  

Katherine simply slept with every guy on the show until she got pregnant with one.

Anna often said she channeled Marilyn Monroe, who was also famous & successful before her own downfall.

Katherine is simply....all downfall, no success.

Anna Nicole Smith in her "Guess Jeans" days:

image.jpeg.17a5df9b649a75db58e8fe54e0ef4517.jpeg

ANS.jpg

Edited by Starlight925
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7

I'm liking Olivia. She wasn't about to take any of Venita's shit and had no problem putting her in her place. So far the most genuine of the entire bunch. Which of course means the other girls won't like her. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Vandy10 said:

Does anyone believe these people actually hang out with each other when not filming?

Nope. The only real friendships on the show were Cameran and Chelsie. They are besties off screen. Oh, and Cameran and her husband are buddy's with Patricia and maybe Whitney when he's in town. 

• Love 2

They were burning up.

I guess they didn't want to film inside where there would be AC.  Said 84 degrees but humidity must be high.

The cast probably wanted to get it over with, though probably hungry too.

Bravo went cheap on the catering, plenty of champagne (or maybe cheaper sparkling wine) but not a lot of food.

• Love 2
(edited)

I usually never see karma work but I was pleased in the last couple episodes to see  Madison looking like a muppet at times. Her wide jaw, maybe from those new veneers, lmao. That guy who got engaged to her will regret it, she’s nasty. 

This show SUCKS now, so scripted. The associations aren’t believable anymore. All I’m doing is hate watching pretty much. 

Leva is horrible at reality TV! I’ve seen her deliver stilted lines that are off by a couple of beats a few times now.

Venita is insufferable, spazzy, an over-actor, and truly thinks she’s ALL.THAT. Hilarious. Go away with your lectures and swishing around in your little outfits. 

Wow do I miss Cameran and Chelsea wearing casual clothes to go fishing, or Landon riding her bike with no makeup and a naturally pretty look. 

Olivia is my fave on here, she acts normal. Taylor is so cute but honey, get a clue about Shep. 

Shep’s cousin is VERY excited about her wealth. Age 36 is nearly impossible to buy. 

Kathryn could have had it ALL but threw it away at only 21 by being a manipulative gold digger. She’s only 30 but seems like a washed up 45 year old at this point. With her huge boobs hanging out at lunch with Olivia. Awkward. 

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 13
21 hours ago, SHERMDOG said:

Ok...On WWHL Madison looks horrible!! Did she get veneers? Her teeth look freaking HUGE! AND DIFFERENT!!

Agreed !

Just watched Thursday's WWHL with Madison and Venita. 

So obvious that Madison got herself new chompers. They are way too big for her mouth. Its looks like she has inserted someone else's teeth. Seems like she is uncomfortable with speaking with them as well. 

That is one baaaad cosmetic dentist. 

And Madison is not good in these interviews. Venita, on the other hand is quite well spoken, confident, and poised. I think Madison's role  on SC will be short lived.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, SHERMDOG said:

Why do so many new celebrities destroy their looks with glow-in-the-dark bulky veneers?!

imo Madison is a despicable person - but she used to be pretty.

• Love 7
On 7/15/2022 at 11:13 PM, Peachyqueen said:

Ok, it’s been bothering me so I’ll just say it…and listen, I’m from the south and grew up in Georgia, so I don’t know if it’s a regional thing or I’m truly out of touch or just an idiot…but EVERYTIME I see his name, I read it like Kleb. Just me??? 

I agree. Chloe is pronounced Klo-ee. Chleb should be pronounced Kleb, just as you say. Sometimes people take alternate spellings too far. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6

I internally want to pronounce Chleb as with the "ch" in chair.

There are no vowels in between "Ch" and "leb", so how they get "Caleb" is a mystery to me.

Madison's new teeth are half the size of her whole face.  So silly.

• Love 9
On 7/15/2022 at 11:13 PM, Peachyqueen said:

Ok, it’s been bothering me so I’ll just say it…and listen, I’m from the south and grew up in Georgia, so I don’t know if it’s a regional thing or I’m truly out of touch or just an idiot…but EVERYTIME I see his name, I read it like Kleb. Just me??? 

You're better than me - I see "Shleb."

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, ProudMary said:

I agree. Chloe is pronounced Klo-ee. Chleb should be pronounced Kleb, just as you say. Sometimes people take alternate spellings too far. 

Even the woman who presumably named him calls him something easier to say - Kaley.

• LOL 4
(edited)

Bravo reallly needs to work harder to make this show not fully manufactured. 

In one episode Leva is on the phone with Austen and says Olivia “isn’t really a Netflix and chill girl you know?” Strangely, in the very next episode, Olivia’s mom says to her something about her (Olivia) “not being a Netflix and chill girl”.  Oops…

When Bravo decided to send Austen & Craig to Summer House you knew this whole thing was going to implode. Now we have to see Craig and Paige together and try to buy it. I don’t. 

Also, when they showed Austen and Madison in a “threesome” and replayed  the clip 32 times, I knew the show was wrecked, ha. 

It was so much better as a true group of friends from Charleston. They’ve ruined the formula, should end now. 

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

There are no vowels in between "Ch" and "leb", so how they get "Caleb" is a mystery to me.

It looks like Schlub.

edit: someone beat me to it.

3 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Chiclets.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Wasn't Chiclets his cousin?

Dying

On 7/16/2022 at 11:53 AM, aghst said:

They were burning up.

I guess they didn't want to film inside where there would be AC.  Said 84 degrees but humidity must be high.

The cast probably wanted to get it over with, though probably hungry too.

Bravo went cheap on the catering, plenty of champagne (or maybe cheaper sparkling wine) but not a lot of food.

Heat and 90% humidity plus champagne plus not much food = major migraine by the end of the party.  I feel nauseous just watching.

• Love 5

I'm confused who's actually a cast member on this show.  Shep's cousin, Chleb (I pronounce Shleb), Chelsie (who is smoking hot), Leva, Pringle, Madison, are these people cast members??  I remember it used to be if we saw them filming in their homes and interacting with family they were full time but know IDK people just sort of appear and show up...this season just seems to be off and not making a lot of sense.

As far as Venita goes I can understand her still being upset about the emoji thing even though she said in episode 1 that she was ok with Katherine but it's how she went about it that's wrong IMO.  Have a private conversation about it.  But then again this is reality tv so if it doesn't happen in a large group at the most inconvenient time does it really happen at all?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Dirtybubble said:

I'm confused who's actually a cast member on this show.  Shep's cousin, Chleb (I pronounce Shleb), Chelsie (who is smoking hot), Leva, Pringle, Madison, are these people cast members??  I remember it used to be if we saw them filming in their homes and interacting with family they were full time but know IDK people just sort of appear and show up...this season just seems to be off and not making a lot of sense.

I actually bought the season, so I get the episode the day after it airs, and there are no opening credits.  I keep watching and waiting so I know who's a cast member and who isn't, but they never show, so I'm as confused as you are.  I get the sense they're just trying to throw everyone in in the hopes that something catches and takes off.

• Useful 2
(edited)
28 minutes ago, mandymax said:

I actually bought the season, so I get the episode the day after it airs, and there are no opening credits.  I keep watching and waiting so I know who's a cast member and who isn't, but they never show, so I'm as confused as you are.  I get the sense they're just trying to throw everyone in in the hopes that something catches and takes off.

I think at this point the three male leads are Craig, Shep, and Austen and the three female leads are Katherine, Naomie, and Madison.  Whitney chose to take a lesser role a few seasons ago although he used to be a lead.  I think last season during the height of the pandemic they added Leva and Venita to have a more diverse cast and because they had just lost three female leads — Cameron, Chelsea, and Naomie.  With Naomie back they probably could do without Leva and Venita story wise, but it would look bad to axe minority cast members.  I think Olivia and Taylor are on just because they are dating Craig and Shep (and Chleb because he was dating Katherine).  It will be interesting to see if Madison’s fiance ever participates.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, mandymax said:

I think that's it!   During the golden years there was a clear indication as to who was on because they would show them in the opening with Cameron being the den mother.  Now it's just hap hazzard with random people being shown depending on what the current drama is.  

As f'ed up as Summer House is at the very least a few things stay constant as the opening showing all the full time cast members in NYC and Kyle (luve him!) as the voice or leader of the show.  

There appears to be no leader or voice of the show anymore on S.C. and that's really sad.

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

There appears to be no leader or voice of the show anymore on S.C. and that's really sad.

Yeah, having Naomie do the narration at the beginning of each episode doesn't do it for me - she's so flat, and it's not like she really contributes a whole lot overall.

It's so sad - I used to love this show so much. 

• Like 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, mandymax said:

From the main Bravo page for Southern Charm, twelve people are listed as "Cast."  Craig, Kathryn, Austen, Shep, Leva, Madison, Naomie, Taylor, Venita, Marcie, Chleb and Olivia. Each has their own cast member page, clickable from the main cast list.

At the bottom of the main page, there is also this blurb, which sounds as if Patricia, Whitney and Pringle are the only people who are not "official" cast members. 

About Southern Charm

Charmers Leva Bonaparte, Craig Conover, Kathryn Dennis, Austen Kroll, Madison LeCroy and Shep Rose return for season eight. New to the season, though no strangers to the Charleston social scene, are Olivia Flowers, Marcie Hobbs, and Chleb Ravenell alongside familiar faces Venita Aspen, Taylor Ann Green and Naomie Olindo. New relationships blossom and old resentments boil over as these Southern socialites navigate shifting romantic entanglements, chaotic friendships, flourishing businesses and new parenthood. Charleston Grand Dame Patricia Altschul returns with her son Whitney Sudler-Smith, who wastes no time stirring up drama among the group; John Pringle joins in on the group’s antics as well.

Edited by ProudMary
Corrected formatting.
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Just watching it now.  I love Olivia’s pants outfit at the birthday party.  Also like Madison’s dress with criss-cross bare back.

Kathryn is very “breast-y” in this episode. 
Who’s the woman in the blue dress?  Were they supposed to wear pink?  Patricia is in yellow … and long sleeves outside in the heat!

Aaaand now the reality show trope of “being real” at what is supposed to be a party.  Oh great.   😩😩

Edited by Thumper
  • Love 2
(edited)
54 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Just watching it now.  I love Olivia’s pants outfit at the birthday party.  Also like Madison’s dress with criss-cross bare back.

Who’s the woman in the blue dress?  Were they supposed to wear pink?  Patricia is in yellow … and long sleeves outside in the heat!

Aaaand now the reality show trope of “being real” at what is supposed to be a party.  Oh great.   😩😩

I thought they told Kathryn on the phone that if she didn’t have pink blue would work.  I’m thinking Easter pastel colors which is probably why Patricia thought yellow would work.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I thought they told Kathryn on the phone that if she didn’t have pink blue would work.  I’m thinking Easter pastel colors which is probably why Patricia thought yellow would work.

Patricia does not care what these women wanted as a color scheme, she is Patricia and does as she pleases, neither Venita or the other one was going to say a thing about Pat wearing yellow.  

It was a very pretty party but I must have blanked out about the food because I never saw them eat anything. 

10 hours ago, Thumper said:

Where in the world does Kathryn shop? She always looks like an aging slutty Disney princess.

Venita had favors for all the guests which were the earring she was wearing, right? I guess she got money for wearing them while being filmed as well as getting the other women to wear them as well. They were cute earrings.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 7/18/2022 at 12:07 PM, mandymax said:

Yeah, having Naomie do the narration at the beginning of each episode doesn't do it for me - she's so flat, and it's not like she really contributes a whole lot overall.

It's so sad - I used to love this show so much. 

Same here. 

7 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Patricia does not care what these women wanted as a color scheme, she is Patricia and does as she pleases, neither Venita or the other one was going to say a thing about Pat wearing yellow.  

It was a very pretty party but I must have blanked out about the food because I never saw them eat anything. 

Where in the world does Kathryn shop? She always looks like an aging slutty Disney princess.

Venita had favors for all the guests which were the earring she was wearing, right? I guess she got money for wearing them while being filmed as well as getting the other women to wear them as well. They were cute earrings.

An aging slutty Disney Princess. Nailed it😀

• Love 5
On 7/19/2022 at 6:54 PM, Thumper said:

Also like Madison’s dress with criss-cross bare back.

Yes! That dress was an architectural display of unusual beauty. I might care where she got it but I'm pretty sure it's out of my price range.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Patricia said something about her "kitten dress" to Madison beforehand in a way that sounded as if Madison would know what the "kitten dress" was, and though I couldn't see it well enough when she arrived, Patricia's dress did have a grayish blob on it that might have been a kitten.  And yes, Madison did okay blue on the phone as well, so probably the, I believe it was, "Venita's friend" got that message also.  ETA Yep, kitty dress.  

Edited by Jobiska
  • Love 2

Why did Madison invite Kathryn to the idiotic party, Vernita? So you morons could sit around and have made up fights. This isn't the think tank for science and international affairs. The purpose of the show is for fame-whoring, useless nitwits to argue about stupid ****. Please stop making MORE of a fool of yourself by being disingenuous. Additionally,  God, these balloon animals are boring. I've been to Chuckie Cheese kids' parties that were more interesting. 

• LOL 5
(edited)
On 7/15/2022 at 7:30 PM, Opine said:

Leva and Venita are neither southern nor charming.  If they don’t leave, I will.  The others, while all annoying in their own way, represent what the show is about.  Leva with her annoying hands and the need to keep having the same “conversation” over and over is ugh!!!! And Venita!  So horrible!  Who called her thirsty?  You were right.  The funny thing is she wasn’t as bad on WWHL.  I thing her SC persona is her idea of acting.  I tune in to watch drama of the Peter Pan set and their blonde debs.  Not the anger show of Leva and Venita.

Yep.  Same here.  Enough is enough.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 4