Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Piping Tea With a Hint of Peach

• Start Topic

Caroline Stanbury and Ayan begin to heal their rift; Caroline Brooks welcomes longtime friend Phaedra Parks to the city of gold; Lesa and Caroline Stanbury square off over a ski suit; Nina tries to broker peace between Sergio and the bride-to-be.

Airing Wednesday, July 6, 2022.

• Useful 1

Only watched part of this episode because…boring. Judging by the few comments here and negative reviews on SM I’ll bet this show is one and done? 
It was cool seeing Ski Dubai.
And listening to Caroline talk about her childhood and family I now understand why she is so cold hearted. I kind of feel sorry for her. This marriage to Sergio will not last and if she has a kid with him I feel sorry for that kid because she doesn’t want it or plans to raise it. 

• Sad 3
  • Love 7
(edited)

I forgot this was on tonight, so I watched a later airing of it.   I still get some of the women mixed up, so bear with me.

Sarah talked about her father a lot at the dinner she invited Nina(?) to, also her mother, but mother was not there?  Did mother pass away?

Caroline S.’s description of her growing up in boarding schools does explain her lack of warmth and apparent lack of needing family, but MAN, she is so rude and often unkind!   She does not want any more children, and I can understand that at her age.  Sergio seems clueless in that regard.  Unless it’s just a story line.

Is Ayan’s name also Chanel?  If not, who is Chanel? 🥴 Ayan was like-able in this episode.  It was funny when she kept talking about her vagina.

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

I think Lesa's husband calling Stanbury a 50 year old influencer finally killed this show for me. Her whole storyline is embarrassing. I'd love to watch a show about Ayan and Lesa's friendship because it seems genuine and fun. The other ladies are just meh. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

It’s not being a rich British child and it’s not the boarding school experience that’s to blame for Stanbury’s coldness, it’s her family. Many children have boarded at schools around the world without becoming so hostile. Only seeing her family a couple of times a year while she was away at school sounds pretty awful. That highlights a particularly non-loving family dynamic going on.

Standbury can bark out loud how she didn’t even want to get married (lovely of her to bicker with Sergio at the birthday dinner party, btw), but no one’s making her go through with it. Looks like she can’t even pretend to be happy about any of it at this stage. I’d say ‘poor Sergio’ but he’s put himself in this situation too. Stanbury being so nasty about his mother, before she’s even met her, is revolting and should be a huge red flag for him.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Thumper said:

It was funny when she kept talking about her vagina.

I think it is funny how she talks about her fabulous boobs and how that is what got her husband...not to be mean but that woman does not have any boobs! She is a stick figure.  Also, so many of the HW's talk about their lady bits like they just learned about them, it is sort of cringeworthy to hear an adult go on about their lady parts being so horny and such.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Adgirl said:

I think Lesa's husband calling Stanbury a 50 year old influencer finally killed this show for me. Her whole storyline is embarrassing. I'd love to watch a show about Ayan and Lesa's friendship because it seems genuine and fun. The other ladies are just meh. 

I popped over here and I agree on Ayan and Lesa - I really thought I was going to loathe Ayan but I now LOVE her!  Stanbury knows how this game is played and yet is doing everything in her power to suck the life out of the show.  If you watch her IG vs the show its like 2 different worlds and WTF does Segrio need to be in every scene?

Also if I am getting married I would spend time with everyone!  And while she says she was brought up in boarding school so were a ton of people and they are not frigid rude beasts?  And she seems to have a decent relationship with her own kids so why can't she loosen up?

Ayan and her son melt my heart - I really like her.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Thumper said:

I forgot this was on tonight, so I watched a later airing of it.   I still get some of the women mixed up, so bear with me.

Sarah talked about her father a lot at the dinner she invited Nina(?) to, also her mother, but mother was not there?  Did mother pass away?

Caroline S.’s description of her growing up in boarding schools does explain her lack of warmth and apparent lack of needing family, but MAN, she is so rude and often unkind!   She does not want any more children, and I can understand that at her age.  Sergio seems clueless in that regard.  Unless it’s just a story line.

Is Ayan’s name also Chanel?  If not, who is Chanel? 🥴 Alan was like-able in this episode.  It was funny when she kept talking about her vagina.

I think she mentioned her mother having covid and quarantining. 

Caroline and Sergio don't seem compatible at all, I'm really confused as to why they are getting married. I did laugh at Phaedra saying she's marrying her son when Caroline pointed out their age difference.

Brooks continuing to stir the pot. I did like Lesa and Ayan.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

I was originally thinking hmmmm about Ayan, but now I love her! She’s a bit quirky/says it how it is/has a great family dynamic. Anyone who has a teenage son like that must be doing something right and must be a decent person. Although, Stanbury’s son at the family dinner with Ayan seemed to be a nice kid too.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Well, next week should be interesting with all the in laws around. Stanbury said in a recent WWHL that Sergio's father did not like the relationship and offered Stanbury money to go away. Sergio's family has money. Apparently Stanbury didn't take the money. The sex with this 28 yr. old must be mind blowing.

Phaedra Parks in Dubai. No. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
(edited)

Although I am admittedly not likely to be "influenced" by anyone, especially this person, but what is wrong with an influencer being 50 years old? There are women of that age who might be interested in whatever it is that influencers do.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

It’s not being a rich British child and it’s not the boarding school experience that’s to blame for Stanbury’s coldness, it’s her family. Many children have boarded at schools around the world without becoming so hostile. Only seeing her family a couple of times a year while she was away at school sounds pretty awful. That highlights a particularly non-loving family dynamic going on.

Standbury can bark out loud how she didn’t even want to get married (lovely of her to bicker with Sergio at the birthday dinner party, btw), but no one’s making her go through with it. Looks like she can’t even pretend to be happy about any of it at this stage. I’d say ‘poor Sergio’ but he’s put himself in this situation too. Stanbury being so nasty about his mother, before she’s even met her, is revolting and should be a huge red flag for him.

Sergio needs to run like hell ! 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Although I am admittedly not likely to be "influenced" by anyone, especially this person, but what is wrong with an influencer being 50 years old? There are women of that age who might be interested in whatever it is that influencers do.

I rolled my eyes so hard at this I nearly fell. I'm not going to argue about a pathetic loser like Caroline Stanbury but I will give her credit for whatever pussy-magic she did to convince that man-child he was in love.  She needs to get a job.

• LOL 1
On 7/6/2022 at 9:53 PM, Stats Queen said:

Caroline S doesn’t even appear to like, let alone love, Sergio.

No, she only wants to be seen with a young, attractive guy. 

• Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, Adgirl said:

I rolled my eyes so hard at this I nearly fell. I'm not going to argue about a pathetic loser like Caroline Stanbury but I will give her credit for whatever pussy-magic she did to convince that man-child he was in love.  She needs to get a job.

Rolled your eyes at what? My comment, or that some dude thinks a 50-year-old shouldn't do certain things with her time? (I mean, it's one thing to opine, based on knowing her, that that particular person shouldn't do that particular activity, but to use her age as a reason is ignorant garbage.)

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 6

I’m over Phaedra’s shtick.  I don’t need it here and I don’t need on Girls’ Trip.  She’s a grifter and a criminal lawyer in the worst way. There have to be other interesting people in Atlanta.  I really hope they don’t bring her back to ATL.

Caroline S. needs to stop tanning.  She’s orange.  She matches her lounge chairs.

Other Caroline and Lesa need to sue their wig makers.  The center parts on their wigs are way too deep.  

I love the fabulousness that is Ayan but the Cinderella dress was OTT for drinks at a frenemy’s house.

Sara looks different in every scene.  Gorgeous but different.  Her dad is cute.  You would not be saging my hoo hoo uninvited tho.

• Applause 2
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, For Cereals said:

You would not be saging my hoo hoo uninvited tho.

That was priceless!  No wonder my attempts at saging away bad vibes never worked - I've been doing it wrong!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
18 minutes ago, izabella said:

That was priceless!  No wonder my attempts at saging away bad vibes never worked - I've been doing it wrong!

I wondered if that was a leftover ritual from the days when people didn’t shower/bathe as often!

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
(edited)
On 7/8/2022 at 8:50 AM, TattleTeeny said:

Rolled your eyes at what? My comment, or that some dude thinks a 50-year-old shouldn't do certain things with her time? (I mean, it's one thing to opine, based on knowing her, that that particular person shouldn't do that particular activity, but to use her age as a reason is ignorant garbage.)

It was a dig at her age (she was 45 last year, not 50), and what she does because she dissed his wife and her event, and they don't like each other. She is clever if she can be an influencer and generate a decent income without doing too much. I mentioned before that there are influencers of all age groups, and normally females who are Baby Boomers, Gen Xers, and older Millennials have a large disposable income and would like to see products promoted by women who are a little older. 

The other HWs are not too far away in age anyway. Nina is 42, Ayan is 44 according to her U.S. passport, Sara is 36, Caroline Brooks is 37 (she will be 38 in August), and only Lesa is younger at 33. 

Caroline Stanbury is bitchy, and doesn't want to associate with any of them (another HW who thinks she is too good for a group of women). She should stop complaining about her upbringing - many people have terrible lives (well beyond her boarding school), and they don't complain or act like her. She was rude to Sergio (that she didn't want to get married) in public, and about not wanting to spend any time with her, or his parents- even for some hours. She should cancel the (second) ceremony if she didn't like the circumstances, or not get married at all. I think she was also boasting that Sergio really wanted to marry HER. It seems there are still together, and she has a couple of embryos but doesn't seem to want to carry them immediately. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

#FreeSergio!!

I don't get it. I know that many of these "storylines" are just that, and the real stories are somewhat different ( after all, Sergio and Caroline really are married), but Sergio is a good-looking, seemingly nice guy. And even though Caroline is an attractive woman, she's a middle-aged woman whose baby-raising days are behind her (and who could blame her?) Older women marrying younger men is nothing new, but marrying a younger man who very ,very clearly wants to have children-- I see problems ahead.

• Like 3
  • Love 8
On 7/7/2022 at 3:05 AM, CrinkleCutCat said:

I don’t know what I think about this issue. I remember on Ladies of London that Caroline’s sister spoke of how they came home every weekend. The sister would go back to school every Sunday anxious and throwing up about leaving home, and apparently Caroline thought it was just wonderful. Of course I do not know Caroline so I do not know her defense mechanisms, etc, but I recall thinking she was cold as ice while her sister had typical emotions. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2
On 7/6/2022 at 7:13 PM, Straycat80 said:

This marriage to Sergio will not last and if she has a kid with him I feel sorry for that kid because she doesn’t want it or plans to raise it. 

She broadcasted to the world, freely expressing her disdain of even the notion of having a child, on camera, which is now not only recorded but all over the internet where people discuss it, and let’s not forget two of her kids very vocally pushing back on having another sibling. If this baby comes to be…my god. How awful to know that only your father actually wanted you. So, so horribly sad. Caroline is seriously a monster. She’s been bitching about boarding school since she was on LoL, when she refused to eat fruit at Caroline F’s dinner and something about not wanting to follow “rules” in seasons 2 & 3. Ridiculous, spoiled, vapid woman.

On 7/7/2022 at 8:51 AM, bichonblitz said:

Phaedra Parks in Dubai. No. 

On 7/8/2022 at 1:03 PM, EXEAL said:

Is there talk/rumors of Phaedra becoming a regular?

On 7/8/2022 at 8:02 PM, For Cereals said:

I’m over Phaedra’s shtick.  I don’t need it here and I don’t need on Girls’ Trip.  She’s a grifter and a criminal lawyer in the worst way. There have to be other interesting people in Atlanta.  I really hope they don’t bring her back to ATL.

Seriously, what exactly was Phaedra’s purpose here? She did nothing but wear tacky Versace (redundant, I know), inquire about Dubai so they can get their weekly Dubai tourism board plug (that entire boring lunch scene was focused on how great Dubai is and how things are in Dubai. AGAIN), and take a ski lesson at the mall while nothing happened except for a stupid 2 min tiff about Caroline S wearing her own clothes. And…?

Give Ayan another platform. She’s too good for this show.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Aylan and Stanbury had a nice cordial dinner at Stanbury's place.  

Lesa is too big for her britches...she seems to forget that if it weren't for her hubby's financial experience..her label would be bleeding money.  She and Stansbury are also too alike.

When Sergio and Stansbury were having their tiff at the dinner...I agreed with Aylan that she gives the marriage 2 years max.

Did I mishear one of the women saying in Dubai that yelling in public is a no no?  If I didn't mishear that..thank gosh because this franchise is too much screaming.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Sergio and Caroline have to be a fake relationship. She wants young arm candy and he maybe needs a beard? I don’t know what it is but they can’t be real lol.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Marley said:

Sergio and Caroline have to be a fake relationship. She wants young arm candy and he maybe needs a beard? I don’t know what it is but they can’t be real lol.

Yep, they both seem to be using each other, Sergio probably wants to be famous lol  Also if Sergio wants a baby so bad why not date a younger woman? 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 7/10/2022 at 6:38 PM, Marley said:

Why would a young guy need a beard in 2022?

I have a friend who wasn't into babies/little kids, and in the 90s agreed to have a kid because her husband really wanted one and he agreed to do all the heavy lifting. And he did. When I met her her daughter was a tween and they were very close, so I never would have guessed this. She just plain didn't care for babies/toddlers. It turned out well for them (with considerably less means than Caroline has). 

Obviously they can afford all the nannies in the world so that CS doesn't  have to lift a finger, and in a perfect world they'd use a surrogate so she wouldn't have to do that, either (and seriously - pregnancy and childbirth are a way bigger ask than merely occasionally socializing with your child while other people change/feed/tend to it.) But I think it's dawning on her that Sergio wants/expects to play happy families once the baby is born, will want the bassinette in their room, toddler in their bed, etc etc etc. If she can't talk him into a surrogate using their own genetic material, good luck ever spending time with him again without the baby in one of those snuglis blocking the view of his toned abs.

• Love 4

I’m also really warming up to Chanel Ayan who I previously didn’t like. The bare feet in the mall was a bit much. I don’t care how rich the mall is, it’s still a mall!

Really confused by Sergio and Caroline. If he truly wants a family with a woman, he certainly wouldn’t have a problem finding a gal that likes him. Caroline seems like she can’t stand him. 

• Love 7
(edited)
On 7/7/2022 at 12:05 AM, CrinkleCutCat said:

It is a chicken and egg thing. 

The royal family doesn't send their kids to boarding school when they are 8 anymore. Not a fan of Stanbury but like Prince Charles he didn't subject her kids to boarding school when they were 8. It is the nature of most boarding schools to not see kids frequently because boarding schools are often somewhat at a distance so how is a young child supposed to get there and back for a two day weekend.

Sending a kid to boarding school in high school is a completely different thing although it also isn't done that much anymore. My cousins went to boarding school in high school because their local public school in a rural district was terrible but there is no comparison between 14 and 8 in terms of being sent away from home.

Also - boarding schools (even high school) are sometimes not the best environment for teenagers because they can get away with a lot more if they want to. 

Edited by amarante
  • Useful 3

I didn't watch LOL, so I have not seen Caroline Stanbury before this, but I am surprised at her downward trajectory on this series.  I was disgusted at how she humiliated Sergio at the event last episode, simply for chatting with her coworkers.  And, this episode, she is showing her true colors by saying she won't raise their child because she's already done that.  She doesn't want to sit with Sergio's family more than once and didn't want to get married in the first place.  Either she's acting for the show, or she is a vile person and Sergio needs to run far and run fast!

On the other hand, my esteem for Chanel is growing.   Yes, she is over the top, but her love for her family is genuine and that says a lot about a person.  She's probably turning it up for the show, but she is entertaining to watch!

• Like 2
  • Love 8
On 7/12/2022 at 5:50 AM, Hiyo said:

Homophobia is still an issue?

It was more of a rhetorical question, that he doesn't need to be a beard, and she doesn't need to accomodate him because their relationship is real. They don't need to be in Dubai, and Spain and the U.K. where they are from don't have such an issue, meaning that they are tolerant countries, generally speaking. 

Sergio is probably attracted to her because she is more interesting, and confident than women his own age. 

As for Caroline Stanbury, I think it is her personality (she is bitchy), and she doesn't really pretend, although she might exaggerate a little for the show. 

(edited)

He might need a beard in the UAE.

Homophobia is still an issue even in countries like the UK and Spain. Hell a lesbian couple was attacked on a bus a few years ago in London.

Edited by Hiyo
7 hours ago, Hiyo said:

He might need a beard in the UAE.

Homophobia is still an issue even in countries like the UK and Spain. Hell a lesbian couple was attacked on a bus a few years ago in London.

A few incidents in countries (with populations close to 50 and 70 million people) which are not homophobic don't affect a very young person who grew up in a big city (Madrid) to have to become a beard.

Assuming that some guy who is with an older woman is a beard is sexist, and ageist.

• Like 1